Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E06: Flowers Grow Out of My Grave

• Start Topic

NOTE: Grey's Anatomy airs on Wednesday nights in Canada so if you enter this thread, you will be spoiled!

Meredith has a patient whose family is celebrating Day of the Dead, making the doctors remember loved ones they have lost. Richard shares unexpected news with Meredith about her father, Thatcher. Meanwhile, Teddy tries to tell Owen that she is pregnant but they get sidetracked, and Jo encourages Link to pursue one of the doctors.

Promo:

Original air date: 11/1/18

2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I had a whole list of things to comment on about this episode, but honestly, the scene with Meredith walking in the hallways at the end of the episode made me legit tear up. Good job, Grey's. You got me to actually cry a little bit.

Also, I honestly thought Thatcher was already dead, since we haven't seen him in ages.

Omg yes!  I have spent the better part of the last few seasons watching and playing solitaire on my phone but this made me gasp and sit up and now my teenager is giving me a side eye. 

Add me to the list of people who thought Thatcher was already dead. 

• Love 5

I miss all of the great characters who are gone. Grey's Anatomy used to be so good. 

Thatcher hasn't been around in years and he and Meredith aren't even close, so why kill him off? My money is on the plot being used to bond Meredith and Andrew since it was hinted in an earlier episode that something was up with his dad. Yawn. 

I hope Jo is eventually successful in hooking Link and Meredith up. I'd also take Koracick. Any non-resident grown up man at this point would be more suitable than Andrew. Though the apparition of Derek saying "hey" puts any potential conquest to shame.

Calzona 2.0 with annoying intern and the Ortho fellow is a no. 

Can Betty go home to her parents now? 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 11

I like them bringing up Thatcher. He was a huge part of Meredith's earlier arcs and it's a plotline that's been hanging loose for years. We haven't seen him since before Lexie died, but Meredith mentioned him once or twice since then. I love that Krista actually pays attention to past plot details ("I gave him my liver, I opened the door for him...") and uses them. It gives a huge depth to the stories. In seasons like 11 and 13 it felt like everything was happening in a capsule, ignoring characters' past interactions, logic, etc. It was nice for them to pull in Jackson's dad's storyline, too. And I like that Maggie continues to grieve her mom. Usually mourning on TV occurs for literally 1 episode, but here we get to see these characters continue to grapple with death and losing loved ones. Having George, Lexie, Mark and Derek pop up was a really nice touch. Also, Richard mentioned he hasn't been going to meetings. I'm sure that isn't the last we'll hear of that. 

I'm also enjoying seeing Mer being courted - it's cute, and they're not rushing anything. If Stacey was still running the show we'd have Meredith with a guy that she was MEANT TO BE with by now. I like that we're seeing her put herself out there, go on dates, and see some possibilities. I loved Meredith and Link interactions ("What's the deal with you and Alex? Does Jo have anything to worry about?"). Link is growing on me a lot.

I felt bad for Glasses at the end, too. I had a feeling that he had never been with a guy (considering we saw him have sex with Jo) and I wondered how Nico would react to that. Also, just because they're gay does not make them Calzona 2.0. How shallow. Every straight couple isn't the same, and every same-sex couple isn't the same. I also feel bad for Teddy but she NEEDS to tell Owen already. I guess we'll be waiting till the mid-season finale. 

I love Alex and Jo. That is all. I love that Krista also plays on how they were a few years ago (fighting over everything / not talking for episodes at a time) and turns it on its head. When it looks like they might have trouble they kiss and make up.

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Also, just because they're gay does not make them Calzona 2.0. How shallow. Every straight couple isn't the same, and every same-sex couple isn't the same. 

They're Calzona 2.0 because Ortho fellow is now blowing off annoying intern because he has little experience being with a guy, just like Arizona blew off Callie and called her a newborn when she found out Erica was her first time with a woman. 

That's not being shallow, that's pointing out the show's propensity to recycle plot lines. Every couple, gay or straight, are not the same, yet tptb have chosen to rip off a plot used for their prominent same-sex couple (Calzona) and establish it for this new one. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, funnygirl said:

They're Calzona 2.0 because Ortho fellow is now blowing off annoying intern because he has little experience being with a guy, just like Arizona blew off Callie and called her a newborn when she found out Erica was her first time with a woman. 

That's not being shallow, that's pointing out the show's propensity to recycle plot lines. Every couple, gay or straight, are not the same, yet tptb have chosen to rip off a plot used for their prominent same-sex couple (Calzona) and establish it for this new one. 

I don't see those storylines as the same thing at all, though. Arizona was worried that Callie would go back to being with men; Nico doesn't want to be Glasses' "first" and go through another coming out processes, etc. It's a very common thing in the gay community. Callie was already "out" and had dated Erica. Glasses had literally never even kissed a guy before.

• Love 7

Ortho fellow blowing off Glasses because he's not out reminded me of the old ER story with Kerry  back in 2001 where Kim din't want to be here because this was Kerry's first time. That story is so old, it's got whiskers.  Fair enough since it's probably a common story but sSince both ortho guy (whose name I don't know) and Glasses (whose name I also don't know) are such minor characters, I'm guessing that it will hardly be on and they're expecting us to fill in the gaps with the older stories. Fail.

Meredith being teased with both Andrew and Linc reminded me of season 3.  I know it's Meredith and she's the star of the show but I'm trying to remember if there has ever been another female character at the centre of a triangle.

This was the very definition of a filler episode.  Jackson was nice to Maggie so it's all in the past, Teddy spent the episode trying to tell Owen but didn't in the end.

Williams disease affects 27 chromosomes.  I know the show would have trouble showing the physical features but there are distinctive personality traits and they didn't even try to do an accurate portrayal. It's not just about the liver.

I did like how Jo and Alex settled their disagreement though.  (Jo, at the hospital he is your boss, not your husband. Suck it up.)

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This was the very definition of a filler episode.  Jackson was nice to Maggie so it's all in the past, Teddy spent the episode trying to tell Owen but didn't in the end.

I know that what Jackson did was shitty, but he did come back and apologize. He didn't act like what he did wasn't bad. And he's still trying to make up for being a bad boyfriend, so props for that. I think Maggie SHOULD accept his apology and move on, in all honesty. He took off for about a month, if that, and it wasn't like he was running off to cheat on her. I don't know; I just sense that Maggie's still pissy at Jackson for him taking off. It's fine to be a bit upset, but seeing as they set up the whole thing with dude from Station 19 and for them to hook up, I'm just not feeling Maggie's perspective right now. 

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Meredith being teased with both Andrew and Linc reminded me of season 3.  I know it's Meredith and she's the star of the show but I'm trying to remember if there has ever been another female character at the centre of a triangle.

The first one that popped into my head was the Meredith/Derek/Addison triangle, but I guess that still has Meredith right in the center. There was also the (thankfully) brief-lived Izzie/George/Callie disaster. Then, even this season, there's kind of the whole Teddy/Owen/Amelia triangle that they're kind of setting up. There was also the Meredith/Riggs/Maggie triangle. I totally forget what happened with Bailey and that nurse, but that was a triangle with Ben, correct? 

Hmm, there's more than I initially thought, but all the triangles range from decently written to "is this really a triangle?" to horribly bad.

Either way, this triangle with Andrew and Linc is not interesting for me at all. I like both characters, but not feeling either one of them with Meredith. 

Can't say I care about Glasses and Ortho Doc. I get Ortho Doc's perspective on not wanting to start a relationship with a guy who is discovering himself, but it's just all so obviously leading to them getting into a relationship by the end of this season. I just hope they bring some new stuff to this already tired storyline.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I just sense that Maggie's still pissy at Jackson for him taking off.

I think that's the actress's default when she's supposed to be conflicted.  I agree that Maggie doesn't still need to be mad at Jackson but they barely addressed the problems on the show.

3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

There was also the (thankfully) brief-lived Izzie/George/Callie disaster. Then, even this season, there's kind of the whole Teddy/Owen/Amelia triangle that they're kind of setting up. There was also the Meredith/Riggs/Maggie triangle. I totally forget what happened with Bailey and that nurse, but that was a triangle with Ben, correct? 

There also Meredith/Derek/Rose, I think.   All those triangles have a man in the middle.  I couldn't think of any that had a woman in the middle other than Meredith.

• Love 3

I liked this one much better than last week. I still don't care about 75% of those characters, but Alex didn't have a dumb story this time and that always helps.

I wish I cared about Maggie and/or Jackson, but I'm not even entirely sure what their plot was. I think I zoned out when they appeared. I did appreciate seeing Maggie still grieve for her mother, though. Like someone pointed out up-thread, that's a nice piece of continuity.

I also do not care about the Owen, Amelia and Betty story. I was interested last season, but it's getting tedious and a bit repetitive. Betty ran away last season, she almost ran away last week and she ran away again this week. Where is this going? I want some sort of resolution already. And Owen and Amelia aren't even working anymore, they're all about Betty. Throw Teddy into the mix and I care even less about that entire story.

Another thing I have no interest in is the Ortho fellow and Glasses. It's so obvious they're gonna happen eventually and I find the way they're writing this story boring. And as hot as the Ortho fellow is, we know nothing about him, so it's hard for me to get invested in his love life. I do actually like Glasses for his quirkiness, but I don't think I like him in this story.

I'm starting to really like Link. Look-wise the actor is not my thing, but I find the character like- and enjoyable.  I like that we're pretty consistently seeing his friendship with Jo and I hope it stays that way. Though I am not super invested in his courtship towards Meredith, I wouldn't mind if they went there.

The little Mexican patient has an excellent taste in guys. DeLuca is a hottie and her crush on him was cute and totally relatable.

Surprisingly I'm liking Meredith this season and I like the dating story. I find it a little hard to believe that DeLuca's crush on her would be so persistent, but whatever. I'm still leaning more towards Link - or even better yet - Koracick. The callback to the friends and family she's lost was touching. The CGI made me cringe, but I was still moved. Also loved the Spanish version of Chasing Cars they used. I'm inclined to say this song is overplayed on this show, but apparently it can still get me.

Jo and Alex were fun and cute like they have been for the entire season so far. I'm still enjoying smiling and in-love Alex immensely. I loved their last scene in the office especially. But at this point I'm also more than ready for Jolex to get a meatier story. I hope the midseason finale will start one for them. It's high time.

Edited by GSMHvisitor
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think that's the actress's default when she's supposed to be conflicted.  I agree that Maggie doesn't still need to be mad at Jackson but they barely addressed the problems on the show.

There also Meredith/Derek/Rose, I think.   All those triangles have a man in the middle.  I couldn't think of any that had a woman in the middle other than Meredith.

Jackson/April/Matthew?

Mark/Lexie/Jackson?

Alex/Izzie/Denny?

• Love 14

I really liked the ending. I know they would prob not be able to get the actors back but am really glad they didn’t and used old moments of them. As that’s how you remember people and What they looked to us when they died or before. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, funnygirl said:

This.

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Ortho fellow blowing off Glasses because he's not out reminded me of the old ER story with Kerry  back in 2001 where Kim din't want to be here because this was Kerry's first time. That story is so old, it's got whiskers.  Fair enough since it's probably a common story but sSince both ortho guy (whose name I don't know) and Glasses (whose name I also don't know) are such minor characters, I'm guessing that it will hardly be on and they're expecting us to fill in the gaps with the older stories. Fail.

And this.

It's a tired trope that's already been done on the same show, no less, so I'm really not looking forward to it being played out between two side characters and used mostly as a time filler. Glasses' "But I thought this was supposed to be a teaching hospital!" was a funny bit, though.

Speaking of fillers, why are we having two filler episodes in a row? Jackson and Maggie are pretty much at the same place where we left them off. Bailey, get a divorce already. Teddy, tell Owen you're pregant with his child already. Gah, I knew she wouldn't do it. I also expect Owen to find out from someone else. Also, I hope Betty's out of the picture once the news is out. She's dragging the story down as it is, and with her around, it would be just too much.

Oh, they ackownledged that Lexie existed! Of course, from the way Meredith spoke of her, an unacquainted person might think "Lexie" was a pet turtle, but hey, it's something. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 5

George! Lexie! Mark! Why am I so touched that she remembered Mark too? 

Also, was Link cutting his own hair while making weird noises supposed to be endearing? Attractive? I'm just not feeling him as the love interest.

• Love 6

Bailey, you can't just take organs from dead people just because they are a match for the patient you need a liver for. (Yes, there was a line later about getting the donor family's consent, but she was already attempting to get that dead guy and liver back to life before she even thought about the family). Not to mention how she explicitly went against an order from her chief and encouraged Jo to do the same. It doesn't get you off the hook just because the UNOS decision committee or whoever approved and the procedure worked. Oh, how I hope she gets in trouble for disobeying a direct order from a superior, but I know she won't. 

• Love 10

It was touching to see the cast members that have gone on.      It makes me realize just how much of an attachment I had to the other cast, and how little I have to the new characters.     

And I was worried about Richard, but he's having his own meeting with Ollie, and I'm hoping he'll find another sponsor and move ahead.   I really hope they won't have him fall off the wagon again.  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, BaseOps said:

I love Alex and Jo. That is all. I love that Krista also plays on how they were a few years ago (fighting over everything / not talking for episodes at a time) and turns it on its head. When it looks like they might have trouble they kiss and make up.

I love this too. And I was very glad to see them called out about the glass windows in his office! The rest of the hopital does not want to see the show!

I also really liked how Link was already at their place hanging out (and getting that hair dealt with) when Meredith came over. And that she asked first! Jo having friends over and adding her own people to their social circle really underscores how much more balanced their relationship has become.

• Love 8

Nope. Didn’t need a retread of Arizona’s newborn speech. Didn’t need to see Meredith’s dead dog. 

Do Owen and Amelia still have jobs? Because they seem to not work anymore.

Be original or just cancel the show already. 

52 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Bailey, you can't just take organs from dead people just because they are a match for the patient you need a liver for. (Yes, there was a line later about getting the donor family's consent, but she was already attempting to get that dead guy and liver back to life before she even thought about the family). Not to mention how she explicitly went against an order from her chief and encouraged Jo to do the same. It doesn't get you off the hook just because the UNOS decision committee or whoever approved and the procedure worked. Oh, how I hope she gets in trouble for disobeying a direct order from a superior, but I know she won't. 

No, she more like bullied Jo to do the same. Jo was clearly protesting out of concern that it would piss Alex off, and it did. I would love to see Bailey get in trouble for pulling this stunt that probably broke all sorts of laws. UNOS and his family actually consented? I have a feeling she even suavely convinced them to give her their deceased relative's organ. What a bitch.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, JNM5505 said:

No, she more like bullied Jo to do the same. Jo was clearly protesting out of concern that it would piss Alex off, and it did. I would love to see Bailey get in trouble for pulling this stunt that probably broke all sorts of laws. UNOS and his family actually consented? I have a feeling she even suavely convinced them to give her their deceased relative's organ. What a bitch.

It was a separate entity other than UNOS, I think, some special decision committee that had to approve it because it wasn't technically an organ from UNOS but a direct donation. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong. @statsgirl? As for the family, it was a throwaway line of dialogue, so who knows? The deceased hadn't even been dead long, I think they said seven minutes (to which Bailey cheered and called five-minute rule, like it was a piece of food dropped on the floor) so it's possible they hadn't even been notified of the death when Bailey started MacGuyver-ing.

• Love 3

(I apologize for double posting, I can't enter any text before the quote)

I really don't like the "hot" Asian Doc and Glasses at all. "Hot" Asian Doc comes across as predatory and creepy. I don't think Glasses is sexually confused at all, he's just a little child (or he strikes me as being very child-like) who is confused as to what the hell is going on. So, yeah, I'm not vibing that one single bit. All "Hot" Asian Doc has done is look at Glasses like he's stripping him down with his eyes. I hope he's the one that gets lost first, bye. Maybe it's Shonda's Kill List in reverse. :) :) :) :)

Am I the only one (at least of those were willingly spoiled by our lovely neighbors to the North) who totally expected to see Derek in the elevator when it opened in front of Meredith, Deluca, and Link? But yeah, I'm not sure where the hell he was standing. Not sure where any of the CGI people were standing, and why they were CGI'ed. Would it really have been difficult to get those actors back on the show? Whatever, it was a nice touch in honor of Dia de la Muerta / Day of the Dead.

Jackson and Maggie have even less chemistry now that April is gone. I don't understand. I thought KV loved Jaggie? Is this because April is no longer the "obstacle" in Jackson/Maggie's relationship. I'll be honest, I am a bit disappointed. But I'm still holding out hope for that Richard/Catherine bombshell. What is it now, two seasons almost? That'll get the Jaggie soapy drama going again. We don't need April to make it dramatic and interesting. el oh el

That's all for now. Too tired to write or think any more. This is why Grey's Anatomy is a show you watch with a drink. :)

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, deaja said:

Be original or just cancel the show already. 

To be fair, it's not easy to come up with brand new material after so many years and so many similar shows. Still, they can at least try.

Everything about this episode had such a strong deja vu vibe around it, and not just because we got to see the old characters again - it's that pretty much everything that happened in this episode has already happened before. Whether last week (Owen and Amelia not going to work looking after Betty, Jackson trying to make up to Maggie for being a jerk and her acting awkwardly around him, Bailey stressing out over her husband's job) or in previous seasons (a newbie gay being turned down by a much more experienced person, Bailey doing a procedure against all rules and regulations while imposing her authority onto a much younger colleague). 

I realize they're making much more of an effort to write for Alex and Jo, individually and as a couple, and I truly appreciate it. It's just that... I wish they had done it seasons ago before they retconned her character into oblivion. I would have cared much more. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, stace25 said:

Who was the little girl with Zola at the beginning of the episode?  At first I was thinking Sophia, but duh, she moved with Arizona!!

I was wondering that too. At first I thought Ellis but that would have been some major SORAS! I guess just a school friend of Zola's that spent the night?

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It was a separate entity other than UNOS, I think, some special decision committee that had to approve it because it wasn't technically an organ from UNOS but a direct donation.

I heard an agency other than UNOS. I think it was Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, deaja said:

Do Owen and Amelia still have jobs? Because they seem to not work anymore.

Honestly it seems like Owen and Amelia are off on their own separate show at the moment and they should just write them off. They’ve gone round and round with their relationship and now they’ve got this sort-of settled, weird life — go let them live it offscreen! 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Joana said:

Also, it's beyond hilarious that the two characters that were written out because "there were no more stories to tell about them" now have their own stories rehashed through other people. Both of them. 

Thank you! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Joana said:

Oh, they ackownledged that Lexie existed! Of course, from the way Meredith spoke of her, an unacquainted person might think "Lexie" was a pet turtle, but hey, it's something. 

More impressive that they remembered that there was a person named George on this show! Seriously, seeing the CGI version of him was so great. 

I will say, the Spanish version of Chasing Cars was beautiful. I should have known what was coming when that started playing.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Joana said:

Everything about this episode had such a strong deja vu vibe around it, and not just because we got to see the old characters again - it's that pretty much everything that happened in this episode has already happened before. 

Exactly! Perhaps I’m too nostalgic, but I really felt like this episode was meant to open the door so the spirit of early greys could visit and was acknowledging we’ve seen these stories before in an earlier version. It was saying of course you will have seen every story done in earlier seasons, but here we are and we are telling the stories for this new generation of the characters.

Now that my wine is wearing off, I will say my favorite development is that Linc is getting a hair cut. I laughed out loud when he started cutting his own hair because I was thinking every time I saw him earlier that it was an awful haircut he was sporting. 

As for suggesting the show should be cancelled, I just don’t agree with that notion. I’ve certainly “cancelled” shows from my schedule when I have no more time for the stories they are telling. But me cutting said show didn’t mean I thought said show should be cancelled when I knew others still enjoyed it; why should I care? I’d be out, others would still be enjoying what I no longer did.

This is basically my silly, sometimes moving, mostly soapy Thursday show, It will be that for as long as they show it, even if it repeats stories....again!:) 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 9

The moment with Meredith seeing everyone broke me. Too bad the episode ended with them Peking Mer And Link together. And I love that actor, the oc and Nashville have my loyalty for him but I don’t like them together and the show pushing them together isn’t helping. It didn’t work with with what’s his face from two seasons ago, it won’t work now.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, shantown said:

Honestly it seems like Owen and Amelia are off on their own separate show at the moment and they should just write them off. They’ve gone round and round with their relationship and now they’ve got this sort-of settled, weird life — go let them live it offscreen! 

Plus even Maggie saying: "Yeah, Right." About Teddy will not tell Owen anything, because the writers are pretty much saying: "Yeah, we got nothing and we have to string this out." Plus, same with Bailey saying her major stress is coming from Ben. Those kind of BP on a regular basis, even after she has had a "good stress" day. Something else is going on there, yet it must be because Ben might not come home alive some day. Yet, Bailey has almost been killed how many times in the last 14 years?

• Love 4

Yeah.. I’m so annoyed that they are dragging the teddy is pregnant story for this long. I get it. It’s a soap. But damn.. I was watching this with my someone tonight and they even said:” this used to be so fun, now no one is having fun anymore”. Which. So true. 

• Love 10

I was so bothered by the shitty CGI inserts of Meredith's beloved dead persons that I felt nothing but annoyance.  I'm dead inside.

Jesus Christ, how hard would it be to have two gay men (or women) on this show who are already out, had chemistry, and could get it on in the on-call room??  Still not seeing any chemistry between HAOG and Glasses; nope, don't buy that attraction at all.  Also not loving the Calzona retread.  A big part of it is that I just don't buy that Glasses is suddenly having this homosexual (or bisexual) epiphany.  I don't need HAOG to be Glasses' homosex teacher, and the line, "I thought this was a teaching hospital!" was gross and creepy; HAOG doesn't owe you jackshit, and it's totally icky basically to harangue HAOG to bone you so that you can understand what the homosex is all about.  Yuck, blech, ew, Glasses is just continually demonstrating why I can't stand him.

Are we supposed to feel sympathy for Teddy?  Are we supposed to find her refusal to tell Owen about the baby to be self-sacrificing and noble?  Because I feel like she's a coward and a selfish asshole, and I hate how obvious a delaying tactic this is to build to some crazy, explosive reveal.  This is story-driven, not character-driven, and I hate when writers do this kind of shit.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

I was so bothered by the shitty CGI inserts of Meredith's beloved dead persons that I felt nothing but annoyance.  I'm dead inside.

Jesus Christ, how hard would it be to have two gay men (or women) on this show who are already out, had chemistry, and could get it on in the on-call room??  Still not seeing any chemistry between HAOG and Glasses; nope, don't buy that attraction at all.  Also not loving the Calzona retread.  A big part of it is that I just don't buy that Glasses is suddenly having this homosexual (or bisexual) epiphany.  I don't need HAOG to be Glasses' homosex teacher, and the line, "I thought this was a teaching hospital!" was gross and creepy; HAOG doesn't owe you jackshit, and it's totally icky basically to harangue HAOG to bone you so that you can understand what the homosex is all about.  Yuck, blech, ew, Glasses is just continually demonstrating why I can't stand him.

Are we supposed to feel sympathy for Teddy?  Are we supposed to find her refusal to tell Owen about the baby to be self-sacrificing and noble?  Because I feel like she's a coward and a selfish asshole, and I hate how obvious a delaying tactic this is to build to some crazy, explosive reveal.  This is story-driven, not character-driven, and I hate when writers do this kind of shit.

Yeah I mean the cgi was terrible, I was just happy Lexie and Mark were remembered!!!! They tend to be forgotten about!  

Also.. yeah while Thatcher is Equally Responsible for the lack of relationship he and Meredith have, Meredith is too. They both share blame for their lack of talking. When she answered to Richard that the last time they spoke was “not since Lexie died”.. god. That’s quite a long time. And yeah as I said he could have picked up a phone but so could she. I’m not really sure what we were supposed to take from that. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, pennben said:

Now that my wine is wearing off, I will say my favorite development is that Linc is getting a hair cut. I laughed out loud when he started cutting his own hair because I was thinking every time I saw him earlier that it was an awful haircut he was sporting. 

That was the best part of this episode. 

I guess it's a good thing no one at the hospital needs brain surgery, because Amelia has made being a sober companion her top priority.  Have Owen and Amelia even met the new doctors?

• Love 6

I am guessing that Teddy will have a sudden complication with her pregnancy and/or the blot clot condition, will need to be rushed to the hospital, and her pregnancy will then be made known to the entire staff. There's no way Teddy will tell Owen to his face - he will find out quite by accident in the worst possible way (either by an EMT shouting it out across the ER as Teddy's wheeled in on a gurney, or someone mentioning it to Owen as if he already knew, etc). I could see Amelia finding out before Owen as well - that would be fun! 

Not interested in Betty or her story line. 

Glasses and Hot Asian guy - whatever - I mean, good for Glasses having an epiphany, perhaps, but the character himself is so off-putting to me that I'd rather he be written out. I do agree that it would be good to see two men develop and sustain a relationship on this show, but I don't want to see Glasses as one of those men! 

As cheesy as it was, I really liked seeing the departed characters. I don't care if it was a bone thrown to us long-time viewers - seeing Derek and Mark took my breath away. I forget - what was the dog's story? Drawing a blank on it. 

I don't find Dr. Linc attractive in any way, shape, or form, but he is sloooowly growing on me. He seems like a decent guy. I'm almost a little disappointed that he's pursuing Meredith. Let him develop his own independent story line(s) first, maybe? It's always like Noah's Ark on these soap operas - everyone has to be paired off ASAP.

I'm not a Maggie fan, but I did very much get how she still misses and grieves for her mother and how deeply it can affect her at times. 

I also very much liked the Spanish rendition of the the Snow Patrol song. 

• Love 8

Awwww, Mahandra from Wonderfalls (aka Joanne in Rent)!

Poor Jackson - for a second, he really thought that his deadbeat dad was dying instead of Meredith's.

As soon as Meredith told Deluca that there would be plenty of opportunities for him to do surgeries with her, I was waiting for a piece of equipment to fall on his head and kill him.

Ha, I love that Jo cheerfully accepted Meredith rejecting Lincoln by telling him that Meredith rejected her for two years but that eventually she came around. OBVIOUSLY what Lincoln should do is just follow Meredith around for two years until he wears her down and she finally agrees to go out with him. You know, instead of just finding someone else to date.

Lincoln was great this week with JJ's mom. When he pointed out how glorious his hair was, I had to laugh. Great job giving him a reason to get a haircut though. And I'm glad that when Jo was bitching about how Alex thinks he can tell her what to do at work, Lincoln pointed out that Alex is her boss so DUH.

Great, Schmitt and Nico are continuing the great Grey Sloan tradition of making out in the elevator between floors. I fully support Nico telling Glasses that he is not here to teach him how to be gay and usher him through coming out. Sure, that's a story that's been done before but it is a situation that still happens even now in 2018. I'm also biased because as hot as Nico is, I have no desire to see him with Schmitt who reminds me of a startled nervous poodle who will poop on the floor if you make a loud noise. Can we find someone else for Nico to have hot elevator hook ups with?

I was fine with the Day of the Dead stuff (although I was surprised and a little disappointed that Richard was at Olive's grave instead of Adele's) and then George appeared! Lexie and Ellis, eh. But the dog and then DEREK! And MARK! It was nice to acknowledge that many of the characters have lost people they love and still miss them. And I agree that it actually made sense to use old footage of the actors because that's how Meredith would remember them (not that I'm excusing the shitty CGI). And I loved Meredith calling Alex evil spawn. It was almost like Cristina was there with them in the OR.

Normally I hate the cover songs used on this show (remember those two seasons when I wanted to stab myself in the ear every week?), but I liked the acoustic Spanish version of Chasing Cars. It worked for that sequence.

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I heard an agency other than UNOS. I think it was Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN).

Various characters said "organ procurement center."

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The first one that popped into my head was the Meredith/Derek/Addison triangle, but I guess that still has Meredith right in the center. There was also the (thankfully) brief-lived Izzie/George/Callie disaster. Then, even this season, there's kind of the whole Teddy/Owen/Amelia triangle that they're kind of setting up. There was also the Meredith/Riggs/Maggie triangle. I totally forget what happened with Bailey and that nurse, but that was a triangle with Ben, correct? 

17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

13 hours ago, Layne said:

Jackson/April/Matthew?

Mark/Lexie/Jackson?

Alex/Izzie/Denny?

Meredith/Derek/Finn

• Love 2

Owen and Amelia are a festering sore that will never heal. I don't understand why the show is so invested in their never ending drama. They don't even have chemistry. The situation with Teddy is the perfect example of how they continuously create obstacles for their annoying relationship which already has a baby and teenager in the mix. Of course, Owen is going to find out inadvertently and then blah, blah. If the show has to try so hard doesn't it realize that it is ridiculous?

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 11

I still love this show. I really like Linc (maybe because I love Chris Carmack) and I like the character. I hate the Teddy storyline, such bad trope with the trying to telling Owen she’s pregnant but keeps stalling, getting interupted, etc. just bad.

Seeing the past deceased cast members was nicely done and I was fine until I saw the dog run past! Ugh Grey’s you totally got me. I’m still crying about it this morning when I think about it. Yes I’m a baby when it comes to animals. Nice touch show! 

• Love 7