Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E08: Week 6: Halloween Night

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

Ratings for this week's show are up, second week in a row. What's that about canceling the show because ratings are tanking?

https://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/pressrelease/abcs-dancing-and-the-good-doctor-rise-to-season-highs-on-monday-night/

Still doesnt change the fact it some serious sexism and racism on the show but Im going to my comments to myself on the topic and no longer discuss it here.

3 minutes ago, LoveDance said:

Wow how the mighty have fallen. When Emmitt won the show had almost 28 million viewers.  And when you take it all in context the show is only around  7 million viewers weekly, that's a quarter of what it was once.  The 18-49 demo is dismal with a slight bump on Disney night, the show chugs along with poor ratings it- I mean you can compare it somewhat with the decline in football ratings but Football still gets a solid demo and numbers because of streaming.  Nobody bothers to stream this show.  And re-runs were cancelled on the Game Show Network.  Just thank Grandma mid America and her obsession with Country radio announcers keeping this dog alive. 

I think any  great show declines over time esp. when u got other competiton shows. Dwts has been on for 27 seasons and it was bound to never hold the ratings it had during the early seasons where it was still very new and fresh for tv. I think the show has to become extremely low before cancellation. I mean sytycd is an even worse advantage as their ratings were pretty bad this season and the past few seasons but its still being renewed.

• Love 4

I wasn't sad to see Mary Lou go. I didn't care for her "poor me" attitude. She definitely dances better than Joe though. As far was the women being voted out, the female "stars" they chose these season were not the best. I have never heard of Tinashe or Alexis (I bet many didn't), Nancy was boring, Mary lou was annoying, and Nikki didn't get much of a chance being the first to go. She wasn't great and probably doesn't have much of a fan base either.

Milo and Juan were definitely were my favorites of the night. John was underscored.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Ratings for this week's show are up, second week in a row. What's that about canceling the show because ratings are tanking?

https://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/pressrelease/abcs-dancing-and-the-good-doctor-rise-to-season-highs-on-monday-night/

TV ratings are a complicated game but the general rule of thumb is not to count your chickens before they hatch. Or celebrate the numbers before final adjustments are made.

The ratings skewed higher than normal because of NFL exemptions in certain areas. Just like last week. And just like last week they adjusted down. Final numbers can be found here:

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-final-ratings-oct-29-2018/

The ratings continue to be in the toilet. Im actually kind of disgusted that ABC would post those misleading numbers as if they represent some kind of win but I shouldn’t be. It’s a PR account and spin is their job.

Edited by doLLish
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LoveDance said:

Wow how the mighty have fallen. When Emmitt won the show had almost 28 million viewers.  And when you take it all in context the show is only around  7 million viewers weekly, that's a quarter of what it was once.  The 18-49 demo is dismal

Most of the top 25 shows have a fraction of what top shows used to pull in.

18-49 don't seem interested so I'm not sure why they keep trying to attract really young viewers.

• Love 4

I do not like this trend of “re-imagining” songs.  Just slow it down , strum a guitar and sing in a low slightly menacing voice and it seems you will have a hit. Mr Sandman really tried my patience.

Edited by gohawks
  • Love 7

Last night was the first time I was moved to throw some votes to Juan Pablo. Dude was smooth. I still gave the rest of my votes to Evanna. 

I can appreciate why people like Milo and he seems like a nice kid, but idk, I’m just not interested enough to vote for him. Now if it’s Milo, Joe and Bobby in the finale, he gets all my votes. Lol

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, LoveDance said:

Wow how the mighty have fallen. When Emmitt won the show had almost 28 million viewers.  And when you take it all in context the show is only around  7 million viewers weekly, that's a quarter of what it was once.  The 18-49 demo is dismal with a slight bump on Disney night, the show chugs along with poor ratings it- I mean you can compare it somewhat with the decline in football ratings but Football still gets a solid demo and numbers because of streaming.  Nobody bothers to stream this show.  And re-runs were cancelled on the Game Show Network.  Just thank Grandma mid America and her obsession with Country radio announcers keeping this dog alive.  The demo drop average and the view drop is pretty significant. 

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/dancing-with-the-stars-season-27-ratings-fall-2018/

That isn’t remotely a fair comparison as the tv landscape is incredibly different than it was 10 plus years ago.  If you look at the ratings of all the shows 10 years ago versus now, everything would show that sort of wear.  People don’t watch television in the same ways. Look at ratings of sitcoms 10 years ago versus now. What it means to be successful ratings wise is not the same as it was then.

Also when other shows manage to last 27 seasons, get back to me.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

The only way I see Mary Lou's elimination draw dropping is that it was before shopping cart Joe. But her dances did nothing for me. I got tired of her tears, and I thought letting it drop that she was divorced or in the process of divorcing on DWTS tasteless and desperate.  Overall, not real sorry she left. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, penbrat said:

Milo was incredible.  He made me almost like Whitney again and that has not happened since the Alfonso season.    I know John won't win this thing but I did not think his  dance was anywhere nearly as bad as the judges did.  I like him and his partnership with Emma and I think he has greatly improved.

I thought Evanna was good last night but the whining and begging for 10's (IMO) not cute.  Just annoying. 

Man this season is dull.

Witney has been on cruise control after her MBT win w/Alphonso. It was like, "okay, I won the MBT, I'm done." She woke up from her stupor with Frankie, IMHO.  And now she is full on with Milo.  I think they have a very good chance of winning this season. Hopefully Witney won't pull back again after this season.  IMHO, I would not be surprised if Witney takes off a season or two so he and her hubby can start a family. They have bought and remodeled a pretty nice looking house in Utah.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, LoveDance said:

Wow how the mighty have fallen. When Emmitt won the show had almost 28 million viewers.  And when you take it all in context the show is only around  7 million viewers weekly, that's a quarter of what it was once.  The 18-49 demo is dismal with a slight bump on Disney night, the show chugs along with poor ratings it- I mean you can compare it somewhat with the decline in football ratings but Football still gets a solid demo and numbers because of streaming.  Nobody bothers to stream this show.  And re-runs were cancelled on the Game Show Network.  Just thank Grandma mid America and her obsession with Country radio announcers keeping this dog alive.  The demo drop average and the view drop is pretty significant. 

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/dancing-with-the-stars-season-27-ratings-fall-2018/

People have said the large drop is due to the many ways that a show can be viewed now, compared when the show just started. And that is true, to some extent. But just last year in the fall, IIRC, DWTS had 10+ million viewers/week. So in 1 year, they have lost approx. 3 million viewers. And technology hasn't advanced that much in a year to cause the drop. I just checked and the latest ratings for DWTS is in:

Show                                                                   Adults 18-49 rating/share               Viewers (millions)

Dancing with the Stars (ABC) (8-10 p.m.)                          0.9/4                                       7.25

Edited by BeeBop88
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, BeeBop88 said:

People have said the large drop is due to the many ways that a show can be viewed now, compared when the show just started. And that is true, to some extent. But just last year in the fall, IIRC, DWTS had 10+ million viewers/week. So in 1 year, they have lost approx. 3 million viewers. And technology hasn't advanced that much in a year to cause the drop. I just checked and the latest ratings for DWTS is in:

Show                                                                   Adults 18-49 rating/share               Viewers (millions)

Dancing with the Stars (ABC) (8-10 p.m.)                          0.9/4                                       7.25

And again, so have a lot of shows. The drops are just less steep because they started with less viewers than DWTS. Everything is tanking. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TiredMe said:

Last night was the first time I was moved to throw some votes to Juan Pablo. Dude was smooth. I still gave the rest of my votes to Evanna. 

I can appreciate why people like Milo and he seems like a nice kid, but idk, I’m just not interested enough to vote for him. Now if it’s Milo, Joe and Bobby in the finale, he gets all my votes. Lol

Why?  Because Milo is a guy?  I know there's backlash with the women being eliminated and some of the weaker guys remaining.  But Milo has earned his spot - and will be a very worthy winner.

He is really what the show should be all about.  He's a relative unknown, little dance experience, not  ringer, 17 yo high school student.  Not someone most would have bet on at the onset.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

OMG !!! That was Roxanne ?

I didn't realize it until I actually heard the word "Roxanne."

7 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Alexis' dance was good but too sweet for Halloween.  

I know Halloween is all about the candy, but felt more like a Christmas vibe (especially with her dress).

I was amused that everyone was crowding around Mary Lou after she was eliminated while Emma consoled Sasha on the sidelines.

• Love 4

First of all, I kind of missed Sasha doing his yearly pranks on everyone.

Milo-He's a really good dancer, but for some reason I don't feel anything when he dances. I wish I connected with him more.  That being said, it was a good dance to start the show.

John-What does Bruno have against him? His critique was pretty harsh--I didn't think it was THAT horrible. Was it the best Paso ever done on the show, of course not, but I think it was far from the worst. Scored too low, IMO. The way he responded to the judges was classy.

DeMarcus-Meh. It was ok, if a little stiff. The judging is confusing me tonight, I didn't think it was 9-worthy.

Evanna-This was her best dance so far.

Bobby-The pity party isn't working for me. He chose to do this show knowing what his schedule is.  The dance itself wasn't bad, although I did think it was a contemporary at first. I do like how he gave props to Sharna.

Mary Lou-I'm usually good about avoiding spoilers, but not this time :(. At least she left on a high note-it was a good dance, for her.

Alexis-I'm kind of hoping this isn't just a showmance-they're really cute together. It was a fun dance, and she did good on it.

Joe-OMG, the song was HORRIBLE! As much as I don't like his dancing, I do have to say that he did show some improvement this week.

Juan Pablo-What a way to end the night!  It was fun, energetic, and it made me smile!

Why do they keep putting Alexis in jeopardy? Is it like a Tinashe situation where she isn't getting the votes and TPTB are trying to rally people to vote for her? Based on ability, she should be in the finals.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, vdw84 said:

He cant wait, she doesnt even promote them as a team or anything on her sm as others have said but yet she is falling for him, girl please. I feel like Alan had a better and genuine partnership with Mirai even tho they didnt last long in the competition.

It's so weird that Alexis has 12.8 million followers on Instagram but hasn't posted anything DWTS-related since trio night. And she's a social influencer??? 

Damn, Bridget, your whole post is like WORD. You've completely nailed what I've always found weird about Keo and sadly, it really hinders his ability to go far on this show. I super disliked how he made their poor scores for the Tangled dance all about Evanna's caring too much what others think. Instead of about his lackluster choreo, overdancing, etc. Ugh. He really can't view himself objectively.  

Oh - and I only brought up Janel & Val as an example of showmancing. I understand that it was completely different from what they're trying to do with Alexis and Alan. Aka Janel thought it was real and Val encouraged her to think that way. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

Alexis-I'm kind of hoping this isn't just a showmance-they're really cute together. It was a fun dance, and she did good on it.

I think most have agreed that rather its real or fake, were all tired of it.  Its becoming annoying watching the show play it up to the point its make u want to vomit each week. If its real good for them and keep it moving but about 99% sure this all to help her get votes because obviously the girl is suffering in the voting and she needs help and the showmance is her last hope. Its not like she is promoting her team anyway, so its her lost truly if she is gone, talent or not.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed Keo and Evanna's dance.  If you just watch Evanna and blur out Keo so that you can generally see his frame and his broader movements, but don't look at the fine details, it's a great great dance.  I actually thought Keo was uncharacteristically sloppy in the few seconds that details got through = usually I just don't like his finishing and flourishes, but the force of the dance caused him to actual look out of balance a couple of times, which is not him at all.  And of course, a lot of the enjoyment is down to the fact that Disturbia is an excellent dance number.

Alexis is an adult-content instagrammer, isn't she?  Maybe Disney asked her not to talk about DWTS on her feed?  Is that possibl?  I know nothing about her.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

Alexis is an adult-content instagrammer, isn't she?  Maybe Disney asked her not to talk about DWTS on her feed?  Is that possibl?  I know nothing about her.

That is a good point. I never thought of it that way. If her schtick is posting bikini pictures, then they may want to tread carefully.

It makes me wonder why they didn't go after Evanna for the tour. She's kid friendly and perfect for a Disney tour. Is she doing anything right now?

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

I really doubt that is it.  One of the only pics she's posted was with Maddie Ziegler, who is still technically a kid.  And she's posted DWTS pics, just not a lot of pics.  I'm actually going to guess it's more the other way around in that a lot of professional instagrammers make their living off sponsored posts and selling their chosen brand.  I'm guessing it's either her sponsors and/or people that pay her bills want her to keep up her particular instagram model image and DWTS doesn't fit with that brand.  Or somebody advised her that she needs to keep her model image in tact.  It seems a deliberate move, but I don't think it's a move forced on her by Disney.  I don't think they are nearly as restrictive as people think they are.  We have had plenty of half naked contestants in the past who post all sorts of crap on their social media accounts and nobody cares.

Also if Bobby doesn't shut up about the many ways he was wronged and is being picked on, well I'm not going to do anything, but it's annoying.  He's bitching about his scores this week.  He's trying to pretend he was being bullied by fans for not going to Disneyland? Which, what?  No you weren't.  People just told you to shut up and not bitch about those that did and had the time.  I swear he has a bigger chip on his shoulder than the Chmerkovskiy family.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, spanana said:

Also if Bobby doesn't shut up about the many ways he was wronged and is being picked on, well I'm not going to do anything, but it's annoying.  He's bitching about his scores this week.  He's trying to pretend he was being bullied by fans for not going to Disneyland? Which, what?  No you weren't.  People just told you to shut up and not bitch about those that did and had the time.  I swear he has a bigger chip on his shoulder than the Chmerkovskiy family.

This is why im not watching the show anymore and just catch highlights and some dances on youtube, Im so annoyed with how this season is keeping crazy folks and dancing brick walls.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, spanana said:

I agree that the show isn't picking on him. He's doing a good job at being an asshole all by himself. Do people really think he is funny? 

If he was a woman, he would have been gone. A. Long. Time. Ago.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I agree that the show isn't picking on him. He's doing a good job at being an asshole all by himself. Do people really think he is funny? 

If he was a woman, he would have been gone. A. Long. Time. Ago.

If he was woman, he would have been gone or either dragged through the mud and back. This show hates women. She cant be too confident, opinionated, silly, emotional, dancer, ringer, dance like a board, scream, yell, get hurt, smell the roses, skinny, pretty, sexy, perfectionist, talented, smart, funny, the list goes on and on. Its such a doublestandard.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

If he was woman, he would have been gone or either dragged through the mud and back. This show hates women. She cant be too confident, opinionated, silly, emotional, dancer, ringer, dance like a board, scream, yell, get hurt, smell the roses, skinny, pretty, sexy, perfectionist, talented, smart, funny, the list goes on and on. Its such a doublestandard.

I don't think the show hates women, but the people who watch aren't going to give a pass to any woman who acts like Bobby or dances like Joe. I hope the judges have some sense and give them low scores next week so they go.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, spanana said:

That isn’t remotely a fair comparison as the tv landscape is incredibly different than it was 10 plus years ago.  If you look at the ratings of all the shows 10 years ago versus now, everything would show that sort of wear.  People don’t watch television in the same ways. Look at ratings of sitcoms 10 years ago versus now. What it means to be successful ratings wise is not the same as it was then.

Also when other shows manage to last 27 seasons, get back to me.

Yeah, I spoke about Football ratings and how they stream to keep the ratings at least in the double digits... that was ignored.  Of course it's not the same as 10 years ago, but being only 25% of what it was in it's hay day isn't so great either. The show is exhaustingly bad and nobody wants to do anything to make it better.  

• Love 2

Given how much Bobby complained about his schedule this week (I’m in the camp of “You know what you signed up for, so stop complaining!”), I’d love to know when he thinks he would have even had the time to go to Disneyland.

Weekends are out because of the schedule & for crowd control at the park. Had he gone, it would also have been used as an excuse as to why he’s so tired! Can anyone imagine him complaining about being worn out about spending a few hours at the “happiest place on Earth”? 

I don’t have social media accounts for professional reasons, but if I did, I’d love to Tweet him with that question! 

I am NO fan of his, but he must be really desperate for money, publicity or both to have agreed to do the show. As others have posted, at this point in watching the show, everyone knows it’s a major time commitment, especially if someone isn’t a dancer at all. 

Contractual obligations with the radio program aside, If he is so sleep deprived, I wonder why he doesn’t have a guest deejay take over his radio show a few times a week? Or, why doesn’t he ask to amend his radio show schedule hours and have the 12pm slot deejays come in earlier? He could easily submit a doctor’s note to lighten his load, hence my belief he needs the money. 

I don’t know the legal requirements for performers who work with Disney/ABC or any network, but if he’s really only getting 2 hours of sleep each night, and it’s been broadcasted for the country, isn’t that an insurance risk?

I also want to know why he wakes up two hours before his radio call time. There is no traffic to sit in nor is there make up or wardrobe required. 

I can’t decide if he’s an attention whore or a liar.

I’ll go with both.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Why?  Because Milo is a guy?  I know there's backlash with the women being eliminated and some of the weaker guys remaining.  But Milo has earned his spot - and will be a very worthy winner.

He is really what the show should be all about.  He's a relative unknown, little dance experience, not  ringer, 17 yo high school student.  Not someone most would have bet on at the onset.

Not that I owe anyone an explanation, but I don’t vote for Milo becuase I just don’t care to. I see him and then when I go to post later, I’ve completely forgotten him. I vote for people that I know and like first, in the beginning I was throwing votes to Nancy like crazy because I loved her on Facts. If I don’t have anyone like that and they all blend, then I throw votes to women if I feel they deserve to stay over mediocre dudes like Joe and Bobby. Right now, I am enjoying Evanna and Juan so they’re getting my votes. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LoveDance said:

The show is exhaustingly bad and nobody wants to do anything to make it better.  

To you it's exhaustingly bad. That doesn't mean it's bad or that other people think it's bad.

Every season there's always a faction of fans that think the show sucks and should be canceled because their favorite celeb was eliminated or didn't win, or their favorite pro wasn't used, dating all the way back to Season 1. Yet here we are 27 seasons later and the show is still going strong.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, spanana said:

I'm actually going to guess it's more the other way around in that a lot of professional instagrammers make their living off sponsored posts and selling their chosen brand.  I'm guessing it's either her sponsors and/or people that pay her bills want her to keep up her particular instagram model image and DWTS doesn't fit with that brand. 

Yeah, this is what my friend and I concluded. Many of these instagram influencers have a specific aesthetic/design with their pages and maybe DWTS doesn't fit with that. I kind of get that regarding her feed. Where I'm confused is that she's still only doing the minimum with her stories. And stories can be archived if one chooses. She just has to make a DWTS category and archive all the stories about it and delete it when the season is over. 

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yeah, this is what my friend and I concluded. Many of these instagram influencers have a specific aesthetic/design with their pages and maybe DWTS doesn't fit with that. I kind of get that regarding her feed. Where I'm confused is that she's still only doing the minimum with her stories. And stories can be archived if one chooses. She just has to make a DWTS category and archive all the stories about it and delete it when the season is over. 

It also makes you wonder why he chose to do DWTS if it didn't fit with her brand and it doesn't really translate considering showmance aside, she seems to be having a ton of fun both in terms of the actual dancing and with her castmates.

Not that I owe anyone an explanation, but I don’t vote for Milo becuase I just don’t care to. I see him and then when I go to post later, I’ve completely forgotten him. I vote for people that I know and like first, in the beginning I was throwing votes to Nancy like crazy because I loved her on Facts. If I don’t have anyone like that and they all blend, then I throw votes to women if I feel they deserve to stay over mediocre dudes like Joe and Bobby. Right now, I am enjoying Evanna and Juan so they’re getting my votes. 

I know the whole don't complain about who goes home if you don't vote and I do stand by that in real life and somewhat this show, I find that unless I'm in LOVE with a contestant (which hasn't happened in several seasons), I really don't vote until we get to the semis and finals and then I'm usually voting in part to keep a Bobby or Joe type from winning.  So if we do get to the finals, I would definitely throw Milo votes.  Or if Milo was gone (which isn't going to be the case), I would throw votes to JP, Evanna or Alexis depending on who was there.  Though I feel 100% confident that Milo will be there.  Like you I did throw Nancy some votes early on for the same reason you did and I figured her time was limited and I just wanted to make sure she got in a few good weeks.

Speaking of which, both she and John were on GMA this morning.  Nothing to do with DWTS, but I think they were focused on 80's Halloween costumes so had random 80's people on dressed up.  Nancy and Kim Fields were in Miami Vice get-ups, but point being she had a boot on her foot so her broken foot (or almost broken foot?) was clearly a real thing.  And yet she whined less than Bobby does.  I thought it was a bit weird that John flew all the way to NY for GMA mid season just to play dress up, but I guess it's publicity.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 3
On 10/30/2018 at 10:45 AM, Bridget said:

Keo adds embellished nuances to every single part of the music and it’s awful to watch. I have yet to see him look like a proper pro, whether he’s partnered with someone or dancing with his peers.

I read a short interview with Mandy Moore about choreographing the female pros in the “Boss” number some seasons ago. She mentioned they don’t usually have much time to rehearse as a group but did that time. She also mentioned how the pros are used to doing things to stand out from each other in competition and that tendency bleeds into group numbers. But how in that number, they danced more as a team, and it showed.

Long way of saying that Keo’s the pro most recently off the heavy competition circuit after many years in it, and imo, his dancing still shows more “look at me” than I like to see when he should be showing off his partner.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, crowceilidh said:

I really enjoyed Keo and Evanna's dance.  If you just watch Evanna and blur out Keo so that you can generally see his frame and his broader movements, but don't look at the fine details, it's a great great dance.  I actually thought Keo was uncharacteristically sloppy in the few seconds that details got through = usually I just don't like his finishing and flourishes, but the force of the dance caused him to actual look out of balance a couple of times, which is not him at all.  And of course, a lot of the enjoyment is down to the fact that Disturbia is an excellent dance number.

I just looked.  It’s wall to wall of her in a bikini, her topless with her arms over her boobs, and ass shots in thongs.  Oh, and the requisite pouting. 

to anyone wondering why women on the show aren’t popular, I’d consider her Instagram.  It’s all about making a woman a fantasy play toy.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

I just looked.  It’s wall to wall of her in a bikini, her topless with her arms over her boobs, and ass shots in thongs.  Oh, and the requisite pouting. 

to anyone wondering why women on the show aren’t popular, I’d consider her Instagram.  It’s all about making a woman a fantasy play toy.   

She is one woman, not every attractive woman that has been on the show has her choice of career and so what if they did. Men on the show have taken their shirts off and sexualize themselves and everything but the get pass. Im not really Alexis fan, as she has gotten on my nerves the past couple of weeks with this force showmance but a person's job should never define who they are as person esp. if they are not hurting anyone or themselves.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

She is one woman, not every attractive woman that has been on the show has her choice of career and so what if they did. Men on the show have taken their shirts off and sexualize themselves and everything but the get pass. Im not really Alexis fan, as she has gotten on my nerves the past couple of weeks with this force showmance but a person's job should never define who they are as person esp. if they are not hurting anyone or themselves.

Completely agree. I fail to see what Alexis' Instagram has to do with why Nancy, Mary Lou, Tinashe, etc. were all eliminated. I also find this assertion a bit slut shamey towards Alexis. While this season hasn't been great for the women and yes, it's looking very likely that a guy will win again, the notion that viewers of this show never vote for women is simply not true, when you consider how many female winners there have been.

As I've noted before, there was a period on this show where some on this very board were starting to wonder if there would ever be a male winner again because there had been four straight female winners. And then Alfonso won. I often find with things like these, people's memories can be very short. A few seasons go by with no female winners, DWTS viewers hate women and are the most sexist people in the world. One season of a ringer winning - it's unfair to have ringers on this show who will always win, except of course for the many times they haven't. 

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Completely agree. I fail to see what Alexis' Instagram has to do with why Nancy, Mary Lou, Tinashe, etc. were all eliminated. I also find this assertion a bit slut shamey towards Alexis. While this season hasn't been great for the women and yes, it's looking very likely that a guy will win again, the notion that viewers of this show never vote for women is simply not true, when you consider how many female winners there have been.

As I've noted before, there was a period on this show where some on this very board were starting to wonder if there would ever be a male winner again because there had been four straight female winners. And then Alfonso won. I often find with things like these, people's memories can be very short. A few seasons go by with no female winners, DWTS viewers hate women and are the most sexist people in the world. One season of a ringer winning - it's unfair to have ringers on this show who will always win, except of course for the many times they haven't. 

I think season 24 and this current season has truly not been kind to women and sexism u can say has taken over, however my biggest concern and I have stated this time and time is that the show main demo has an issue connecting with woc, esp. black women, now that is something has been confirmed and all the facts have been laid out and people are finally noticing it to be true and not with this show but in actual life too.

I had a good friend who was black of mind that went to an all white school growing up for along with her brother and she said her brother fitted right in and ended up making more friends than she had. She said the students connected more to him than her, so its just something that seems to have history of being issue that goes way beyond dwts and may never be fully resolved.

• Love 2

I have zero problem with Alexis posting wall to wall bikini pics. She can post whatever she wants or whatever defines her "brand". I think shes a good dancer and deserves to be there more than people like Joe and Bobby. However I have zero sympathy for someone being in jeopardy two weeks in a row when she's not even doing a great job of asking her followers to vote for her. All of the others post their voting numbers multiple times, sometimes in their insta stories or permanent posts, they let their fans know they WANT the votes. Juan Pablo not only always reminds people to vote but he always posts video saying "thank you" for taking the time to vote when he survives another week. Looking at Alexis feed it looks like she didn't even ask for votes until the first time she was in jeopardy. For someone who is supposed to be a social media influencer she does a lousy job when it comes to her current gig.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I have zero problem with Alexis posting wall to wall bikini pics. She can post whatever she wants or whatever defines her "brand". I think shes a good dancer and deserves to be there more than people like Joe and Bobby. However I have zero sympathy for someone being in jeopardy two weeks in a row when she's not even doing a great job of asking her followers to vote for her. All of the others post their voting numbers multiple times, sometimes in their insta stories or permanent posts, they let their fans know they WANT the votes. Juan Pablo not only always reminds people to vote but he always posts video saying "thank you" for taking the time to vote when he survives another week. Looking at Alexis feed it looks like she didn't even ask for votes until the first time she was in jeopardy. For someone who is supposed to be a social media influencer she does a lousy job when it comes to her current gig.

I mean if she wants keep her instagram more for her modeling, she can be more active on twitter and she isnt on there either. Again I could care less about her job but something is up with her and I cant put my finger on it.

23 hours ago, spanana said:

It seems a deliberate move, but I don't think it's a move forced on her by Disney.  I don't think they are nearly as restrictive as people think they are.  We have had plenty of half naked contestants in the past who post all sorts of crap on their social media accounts and nobody cares.

Those people didn't go on their tour though. If she is going on the tour, she's going to be their employee and they can probably tell her what to do to a certain extent.

It does seem weird that she isn't promoting herself on social media when that is basically her job.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Those people didn't go on their tour though. If she is going on the tour, she's going to be their employee and they can probably tell her what to do to a certain extent.

It does seem weird that she isn't promoting herself on social media when that is basically her job.

Unless this is all a joke and Alexis really isnt going anywhere because she knows tptb has a deal with Disney for her stay as long as possible in the competition since she is going to be going on tour, she doesnt need to promote. Maybe her being in jeopardy is have look like she doesnt have it in bag when clearly she does because of Disney.

1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

However I have zero sympathy for someone being in jeopardy two weeks in a row when she's not even doing a great job of asking her followers to vote for her.

It's just weird because her demeanor on the show certainly indicates that she really wants to be there. Like I remember Bethany didn't push the show much on her social media as well and she too of course had millions of followers but that was less surprising because Bethany's whole vibe during her season on the show as pretty much, "eh, whatever happens, happens". That girl had a zero fucks chill about her. Alexis though seems so needy to stay on the show during the live show and was clearly very upset that they were in jeopardy again and yet does nothing to rally her online following, to vote for her. 

44 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Maybe her being in jeopardy is have look like she doesnt have it in bag when clearly she does because of Disney.

What connection to Disney does Alexis have? That rationale confuses me. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

It's just weird because her demeanor on the show certainly indicates that she really wants to be there. Like I remember Bethany didn't push the show much on her social media as well and she too of course had millions of followers but that was less surprising because Bethany's whole vibe during her season on the show as pretty much, "eh, whatever happens, happens". That girl had a zero fucks chill about her. Alexis though seems so needy to stay on the show during the live show and was clearly very upset that they were in jeopardy again and yet does nothing to rally her online following, to vote for her. 

What connection to Disney does Alexis have? That rationale confuses me. 

I didnt mean to say Disney, I meant to see she may have a agreement with tptb of dwts to stay till the end on dwts, since she is going on tour.

1 minute ago, vdw84 said:

I didnt mean to say Disney, I meant to see she may have a agreement with tptb of dwts to stay till the end on dwts, since she is going on tour.

Okay, got it. Personally I don't really buy into the conspiracy that began a few seasons ago that the TPTB manipulate for or push whoever agrees to go on the tour. I just don't think there's been enough evidence to support this. And I feel like it started with Bindi's season where people ran with claims that the show was manipulated for her because Disney and ABC had some big plans for her and none of that ever happened. Bindi won and went back to Australia and her zoo. I feel like sometimes conspiracy theories get posted and repeated enough to where in a short time it suddenly becomes accepted as fact. YMMV.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Okay, got it. Personally I don't really buy into the conspiracy that began a few seasons ago that the TPTB manipulate for or push whoever agrees to go on the tour. I just don't think there's been enough evidence to support this. And I feel like it started with Bindi's season where people ran with claims that the show was manipulated for her because Disney and ABC had some big plans for her and none of that ever happened. Bindi won and went back to Australia and her zoo. I feel like sometimes conspiracy theories get posted and repeated enough to where in a short time it suddenly becomes accepted as fact. YMMV.

I agree. I do think the show is smart enough to figure out during the course of the season who's going to be there until nearly the end and works one of those people to go on tour. But I don't think they pre-determine who's going to go and then manipulate the whole season to get that person to the end.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I agree. I do think the show is smart enough to figure out during the course of the season who's going to be there until nearly the end and works one of those people to go on tour. But I don't think they pre-determine who's going to go and then manipulate the whole season to get that person to the end.

I agree with this, but Alexis doesn't seem all that popular. I'm surprised she's till around. Has she actually been confirmed for the tour or are these just rumors?

I also feel like if TPTB really wanted someone on tour it would be Milo.  Witney is going so they have his partner and they tend to like to have the winner, and it's far more likely that Milo will win over Alexis.  I doubt him being a minor much matters since Laurie went and she was a minor.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

I agree with this, but Alexis doesn't seem all that popular. I'm surprised she's till around. Has she actually been confirmed for the tour or are these just rumors?

Yeah, she doesn't seem like a draw for the typical DWTS crowd, which I believe skews more female. A Sports Illustrated/Instagram model isn't a likely target of the demographic.

And for me, she's forgettable. I know she's a good dancer, but I can't call to mind any specific performance of hers that stuck with me. And since I doubt she was all that well-known to the voting crowd, I'm a little surprised she's still in it. 

I'm also (probably foolishly) surprised that Joe is still hanging on. I'd hoped that the novelty would have worn off and we could get down to the folks that have a shred of ability/capacity to learn. 

That being said, if Jenna is smart, she'll learn from his marginally better performance on Halloween week and put him in masks and costumes from now on. I remember having to do book reports in front of the class when I was in 4th grade and in the first one where I wore my regular clothes, my hands and voice shook so hard that I could barely get through it. But for the second one, I dressed up in costume and had no problem. I really think that would be key to getting Joe to relax, if he is able to hide behind a character and not be himself.

Although after watching their rehearsal package, I have to say that I do think Jenna is part of the problem. Her snide "you have to actually BE the character, you can't just be Joe pretending" comment with the derisive emphasis on "Joe" was not exactly inspiring. Yes, you have a bad dancer who is also shy, but you are never going to draw a shy person out with comments like that. A more compassionate Emma type might have been better.

I'm bummed that Mary Lou went out before Joe or Bobby. She had talent and seemed like a nice person. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

I'm bummed that Mary Lou went out before Joe or Bobby. She had talent and seemed like a nice person. 

I agree with this completely. I don't want to argue about whether the show is sexist or not. I am just really flabbergasted at how this season has played out. With the exception of Juan Pablo and Milo, ALL of these guys are either mediocre or downright terrible, and yet NONE of them were in the bottom even once until DeMarcus last week! And then it still came down to another bottom two women anyway! Meanwhile, most of the women are very good with the worst of them being mediocre (except the blind lady - not much more Artem could have done with her) and yet it's a stream of ladies leaving. I think that's the frustration. Now there's only two women left and one of them is annoying the shit out of me with her "I have feelings for Alan" garbage. She can get off my tv anytime now, except she is good and I don't want another woman to leave. I don't want to be this annoyed watching this stupid show which is just supposed to be an innocuous time waster before I go to bed.....

• Love 1