Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E08: Week 6: Halloween Night

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Is there a reason yet that we haven't had team dances or even a mention of them (besides waiting until after Joe leaves)? Top 8 week is when they usually appear.

I think I read that team dances are next week when it's country ho-down themed. Should be interesting how they deal with Joe, whatever team is unfortunate enough to get the booby prize. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Is there a reason yet that we haven't had team dances or even a mention of them (besides waiting until after Joe leaves)? Top 8 week is when they usually appear.

Tom said team dances will be next week.

• Love 1

I'm not a particularly sensitive sort, but did anyone else think the storyline Lindsay came up with for her dance was a little unfortunate?

I'm absolutely flummoxed that Joe hasn't even been allowed to hit jeopardy yet. Hadn't other Bachelor guys still hanging on at this point at least been placed in jeopardy? Is there a shadow Vote for the Worst campaign? I mean this seriously. Because this is kind of obscene.

Evanna's dance was probably my favorite tonight, and I cast all my online votes for her, which likely means she goes next week.

Edited by lavenderblue
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Tom said team dances will be next week.

They started practicing for the team dances right after last nights show, DeMarcus posted about it on Twitter.

Also, the Dallas Cowboys are pimping hard for DeMarcus votes, I wouldn't count him out yet.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MsJamieDornan said:

They started practicing for the team dances right after last nights show, DeMarcus posted about it on Twitter.

Also, the Dallas Cowboys are pimping hard for DeMarcus votes, I wouldn't count him out yet.

They've started rehearsing for Team dances. It's Juan Pablo/DeMarcus/Alexis/Joe (according to Cheryl's instagram they're called #teamJoedown) vs. Milo/Evanna/John/Bobby.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Joe will leave.

with the stupid mirrorball.

He should be evicted.

• Love 1

GSJ did do better tonight,  but man,  was he winded! Like an old man! And that scary almost-drop of his partner....! 

Love Milo! So much fun to watch! 

But Juan Pablo....Yowzah! Get me my smelling salts AND a cigarette! 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 5

I really liked John's dance.  I was really mesmerized by the whole thing and thought he did a great job (other than the thing at the end).  Shows what I know, right?  lol.  

Alexis made me hope they were leaving after the talk about the relationship.  I don't care about your new found love for Alan.  ugh

• Love 9

Going to put on my "old fuddy duddy lady" hat now, and say that I don't think it's ever OK to air your personal feelings about someone in front of a camera and millions of people.  I think Alan is genuinely embarrassed by this, but Alexis is doing it to get more Instagram/Twitter/whatever followers.  Personal conversations like that are just not appropriate in public.  It makes her come across as desperate as well.  Fine line between letting someone know how you feel about them, and maybe this is not the time or place to tell them.  I hope Alan knew what she was going to say before she said it, otherwise, I think the producers blindsided him.  He certainly seems uncomfortable with the idea.  

My favorites are Milo, Juan Pablo, and Evanna.

• Love 18

Milo was incredible.  He made me almost like Whitney again and that has not happened since the Alfonso season.    I know John won't win this thing but I did not think his  dance was anywhere nearly as bad as the judges did.  I like him and his partnership with Emma and I think he has greatly improved.

I thought Evanna was good last night but the whining and begging for 10's (IMO) not cute.  Just annoying. 

Man this season is dull.

Edited by penbrat
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Every elimination before Joe is jaw-dropping but Im not to bummed she left, she was just kinda there. I mean sasha did as well as he was going to do with her but as for as the women that have been eliminated, except of Tinashe because she should still be in the running, all went home is not too disappointing. I really wanted the finale to Tinashe, Evanna and Milo but now that isnt going to happen. I want Milo, Evanna and its a toss up betweent Juan and Demarcus but I could care less tbh.

32 minutes ago, laredhead said:

Going to put on my "old fuddy duddy lady" hat now, and say that I don't think it's ever OK to air your personal feelings about someone in front of a camera and millions of people.  I think Alan is genuinely embarrassed by this, but Alexis is doing it to get more Instagram/Twitter/whatever followers.  Personal conversations like that are just not appropriate in public.  It makes her come across as desperate as well.  Fine line between letting someone know how you feel about them, and maybe this is not the time or place to tell them.  I hope Alan knew what she was going to say before she said it, otherwise, I think the producers blindsided him.  He certainly seems uncomfortable with the idea.  

My favorites are Milo, Juan Pablo, and Evanna.

I def. think Alan is embarrassed by this too. I don't think Alan cares for showmances. U can tell he is getting annoyed. He wants to focus on the dancing not this romance crap. 

• Love 8

Anyone else think the producers convinced Alexis to film that confession scene? It was very cringeworthy. I think she is seriously hurting in the votes, and the show is trying to save her by amping up the showmance. Unfortunately that whole package was very awkward. It also looked like Alan was uncomfortable with it. I don't recall a showmance being played up this much in the past. Normally they just show a few flirty comments and imply there may be something more, but don't actually air it out like that.

I'm hoping Evanna gets a bump from all the other women leaving (except Alexis, but she may be gone soon). I've been voting for Evanna and Keo. I think they can make the finals. I was so glad they got deserved scores this week. I don't blame Evanna for feeling a little ripped off the prior week. Everyone else was getting crazy high scores, and then she just got 8s.

What was up with the scoring for John?! I felt like his dance had a ton of content compared to other dancers (Demarcus, Bobby, Joe) yet he got lower scores? I mean at least John was trying a lot more. I felt Demarcus dance was not that great. He has gone downhill since the show started. I think Lindsay is trying to hide his flaws by constantly choreographing with the troupe. I loved the concept of Sharna and Bobby's dance, but I feel like Sharna really dances around him and he doesn't do much. It isn't the worst strategy though. Joe did improve this week, but the 8 was a little ridiculous.

At this point the MBP is Milo's for the taking. I think Juan Pablo will stick around a while, but I don't know if he connects as much as Milo so I'm not sure if he can win. Juan is very eccentric too although I kind of like it.

• Love 8

So, once again, I skipped all of the pre-package stuff and just watched the dances and the scores. 

I really do want Milo to win this all. He's an excellent dancer, and Witney's doing a great job with him. I though his contemporary was fascinating to watch. That is the dance of the season so far for me because I'll definitely be remembering it after this season. 

I also adored Evanna's dance. I'm proud that she got higher scores this week and I'm holding onto hope that she can be the last female standing. 

I do like Alexis and I love Alan, but I agree that the showmance angle is going to put people off more than help them. I don't blame either Alexis or Alan because I'm fairly positive the producers are pushing for this. Alexis is still very young so she doesn't fully understand why she can say no, maybe she does have some feelings for Alan, and maybe after being in the bottom a couple of times, she thinks it's her shot to stick around. I don't really care about the rumours about her and her bf still together. I'll withhold judgment until they get eliminated before I make a decision on that.

It's good to see Alan opposed to it. Otherwise, I do genuinely enjoy watching Alexis and Alan dance. I just think they're goners in the next two weeks. 

I love John and Emma and thought they got seriously lowballed in scores last night. Was it perfect? No. Was it worth less than Joe's dance? Hell no.

I missed Juan Pablo's dance last night and I'm not itching to watch it at the moment. I am also tired of Demarcus. He seems nice and he's a decent dancer, but I'm ready for him to go. Same with Bobby, whose whining I missed last night and thank god for that.

I figured Mary Lou would go at some point, so I wasn't shocked.

• Love 10

This has to be the least convincing showmance this show has ever tried to shove down our throats. Kudos to Alan for seeming to be incredibly uncomfortable with the whole thing. He always struck me as the type who was primed and ready for a showmance but clearly I misjudged him. Alexis had won me over a little bit this season with her dancing despite my annoyance that “Instagram model” has now become enough star power for this show but after this week she can go home any time. 

I’d be happy though slightly bored with a final three of Milo, Evanna and Juan Pablo though I can’t muster up much enthusiasm for any of them really. I guess I’d like to see Milo win it? 

The Halloween show used to be much more fun, lighthearted and just spooky. In the last couple of seasons it feels like it has taken a really dark, uncomfortable turn with all of the zombie makeup, broken necks and undertones of stalking/break-ins/mental illness/midnight assaults. I found all of it really unpleasant to be quite honest. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

The Halloween show used to be much more fun, lighthearted and just spooky. In the last couple of seasons it feels like it has taken a really dark, uncomfortable turn with all of the zombie makeup, broken necks and undertones of stalking/break-ins/mental illness/midnight assaults. I found all of it really unpleasant to be quite honest. 

Yes! I missed all the pranks they used to do. When Erin and Tom were upstairs with the organ player dressed as death, I kept waiting for him to turn around and scare them...or to be the ghost of Derek or Karina or some other former pro. That's what made the Halloween show so much fun. This was just creepy, not in a good way.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, bealled said:

Anyone else think the producers convinced Alexis to film that confession scene? It was very cringeworthy. I think she is seriously hurting in the votes, and the show is trying to save her by amping up the showmance. Unfortunately that whole package was very awkward. It also looked like Alan was uncomfortable with it. I don't recall a showmance being played up this much in the past. Normally they just show a few flirty comments and imply there may be something more, but don't actually air it out like that.

Sadly, I remember talking heads where Janel shared her feelings about Val (Val, like Alan, kept things murky) and Maks and Meryl was played up to high heaven. It just hasn't happened in a long time, with so many troupe members getting married lately. I agree that Alan looks totally out of it. I can't stand that Tom, Erin, and the judges keep bringing it up!

14 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

I agree! Several story lines seemed very odd in this era of awareness about mental illness and domestic violence. As s one person said here, Lindsay's dance was way too close to that recent limo accident to be comfortable. 

• Love 6

Honestly, I'd rather have Bobby and his mugging go before Joe.  At least when he isn't pretending to dance, Joe is pretty to look at.  Of course, I'm old, from Nashville, and  still bitter that Bobby took over Gerry House's spot on WSIX on my morning drive, so I'm wired not to like Bobby and his "humor." 

• Love 4

This has to be the least convincing showmance this show has ever tried to shove down our throats. Kudos to Alan for seeming to be incredibly uncomfortable with the whole thing. He always struck me as the type who was primed and ready for a showmance but clearly I misjudged him.

I think the thirsty Alan of a few seasons ago who wanted so desperately to be a Pro, would have been up for it. But I think he feels more settled and confident now in keeping his Pro status (I mean with Derek pretty much gone, Mark in an on again/off again basis, Maks gone, there is enough opportunity to keep him on) that he feels he doesn't need it and rightly wants no part of it.

The Alexis and Alan thing is all the more ridiculous because like I said, if you go by her social media at least, Alexis seems far more platonically in love with Milo. No, I don't think anything's going on there (at least I hope so, seeing as he's only 17. Yes Alexis is only 21 but I'm pretty sure that's still illegal in some states) but it just seems even more ridiculous that they're trying to push this non-existent romance between her and Alan, when if you go to her social media, most of her stories are of her and Milo hanging out. 

5 minutes ago, tessaforever said:

Sadly, I remember talking heads where Janel shared her feelings about Val (Val, like Alan, kept things murky)

Well if you take Val by his word based on his book, I think sadly for poor Janel those talking heads were genuine because while Val was fully aware that he was engaging in a showmance, he forgot to inform her that that's all it was. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

This has to be the least convincing showmance this show has ever tried to shove down our throats. Kudos to Alan for seeming to be incredibly uncomfortable with the whole thing. He always struck me as the type who was primed and ready for a showmance but clearly I misjudged him. Alexis had won me over a little bit this season with her dancing despite my annoyance that “Instagram model” has now become enough star power for this show but after this week she can go home any time. 

I think Alan doing dwts Jr. has matured him a bit. Seeing him with those kids makes me believe that he wants a real romance so he can create a real family instead of participating in this fake showmance crap. The connection he has mentoring those kids is real vs what is going on with Alexis. The showmance is bothering him, its written all over his face.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, hyacinth said:

I liked John Schneider's confusion about his Henry VIII role.  He is kind of adorable. 

Let's not forget his reference to "Anne Berlin." I'm still laughing.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I think Alan doing dwts Jr. has matured him a bit. Seeing him with those kids makes me believe that he wants a real romance so he can create a real family instead of participating in this fake showmance crap. The connection he has mentoring those kids is real vs what is going on with Alexis. The showmance is bothering him, its written all over his face.

I agree, Alan looks totally over Alexis and the showmance. I think he can't wait for this season to end so he can get away from this crap.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

GSJ did do better tonight,  but man,  was he winded! Like an old man! And that scary almost-drop of his partner....! 

Love Milo! So much fun to watch! 

But Juan Pablo....Yowzah! Get me my smelling salts AND a cigarette! 

As bad as Joe sucks, I was happy for him that he finally got some decent scores. I don't like to see people get cut down with 5s at this stage of the season, and the guy really did look crushed. And yes, Juan Pablo is fine!

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I agree, Alan looks totally over Alexis and the showmance. I think he can't wait for this season to end so he can get away from this crap.

He cant wait, she doesnt even promote them as a team or anything on her sm as others have said but yet she is falling for him, girl please. I feel like Alan had a better and genuine partnership with Mirai even tho they didnt last long in the competition.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, penbrat said:

I thought Evanna was good last night but the whining and begging for 10's (IMO) not cute.  Just annoying. 

Well she isn't crazy or obnoxious enough to create any drama, so they need to go with the "wah I didn't get a 10" edit like they did with Charlie White, who was also too normal for them.  I wouldn't be surprised if that crap sends her packing next week.

• Love 5

Who is voting for Joe and why?  I was really hoping his better scores this week meant we'd finally come to the end of his road, as so often happens when a celeb who's been struggling is leaving, but no.  We're stuck with him another week.  Ugh.  He's a terrible dancer, he's boring, and for my taste anyway he's not even that good-looking.  He's even making me dislike Jenna!   Just go already!

Loved Milo, Evanna and Juan Pablo tonight.  Thought John was better than what the judges saw.  No way was Joe better than John.  Bobby was okay.  Agree with others that DeMarcus is slipping a bit, but I still like him.  I can usually tolerate the showmances, but Alexis' package even made me cringe.  An actress she is not!  Just stop already!

Sorry to see MaryLou go.  She wasn't the best dancer, but I've been enjoying her, which is more than I can say for Joe.  

Nice to see Jabbawockeez (yeah, I know that's not how they spell it <lol>).  Also enjoyed seeing Twitch and Alllison.  I do like her . . . just not as a ballroom pro.  

Really missed the team dances on Halloween night.  And I missed Sasha running around pulling pranks on everyone.  He was great with MaryLou, but he used to prank the others as well.  He nearly gave Erin an on-screen heart attack one year.  <lol>

• Love 4

Is anyone else annoyed by Bobby constantly stating he isn't a dancer and has zero experience? I know there were several dance ringers this season but there are also a decent amount of celebs with minimal experience (himself, Joe, John, Demarcus). I don't think MaryLou really had dance background either, but people tend to equate the gymnast experience as similar to dancing. Idk about Alexis' background. Anyway every time Bobby says it, it grates on my nerves. Joe, who is doing much worse, hasn't been bringing that up every week.

• Love 13

John got underscored IMO. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that it was deliberate as well. The producers have seen the votes and know that he’s probably the best chance they have of getting rid of a male next before Alexis and Evanna. I’m not a fan of this female cull, but I’d have no problem whatsoever if Alexis was next to go. Sick of her and that fake showmance.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, bealled said:

Is anyone else annoyed by Bobby constantly stating he isn't a dancer and has zero experience? I know there were several dance ringers this season but there are also a decent amount of celebs with minimal experience (himself, Joe, John, Demarcus). I don't think MaryLou really had dance background either, but people tend to equate the gymnast experience as similar to dancing. Idk about Alexis' background. Anyway every time Bobby says it, it grates on my nerves. Joe, who is doing much worse, hasn't been bringing that up every week.

Yeah, he's up there with Kate Gosselin and Bristol Palin in the Annoying Hall of Fame.

It would be poetic justice if Evanna takes it all.

• Love 6

Oh look, we have lost five female stars and all the mediocre/sucky males remain.  That sure makes me want to watch the show.  Do I really care much that Mary Lou left? No, I think she lasted about as long as she should last if people like Joe and Bobby were already gone.  I don't even want to get into the whole male pro versus female pro thing, but it's still annoying.  It pays to be a mediocre male.

I do think that was Joe's best dance, but it's telling that in his best dance he still almost maimed his partner.  Then again, Jenna needs to stop using Joe as a jungle gym because I don't think Joe has a clue what to do if a lift goes awry.  She basically is just climbing all over him as much as possible.   Also that "double date".  Ick.  Yes, Jenna.  We all know you are engaged to Val despite the fact you like to remind us every second of the day.

Which that in itself is funny because when they interviewed Val about joining the tour when all the other pros were standing there post dance I thought for sure when asked about what he was most looking forward to on tour, the show was trying to give him room once again to say something about his fiancee or how he couldn't wait to spend all this time dancing with his fiancee on tour or whatever. Especially since she was standing pretty much in front of him.  Yet Val never takes the bait and said something about connecting with fans instead.

The less said about the Alexis/Alan showmance the better.  Alan seems uncomfortable at least.  I will say I don't think it's entirely a Janel/Val situation though this isn't the thread to get into that so I won't say why in detail.  I'll just say I think Val stoked those fires in very deliberate ways in a way I don't see Alan doing.

Dancing, or yeah, this show is about dancing.  Three best dances for me tonight- Milo, Evanna and Juan Pablo.  Though truthfully after the showmance package, I didn't see Alexis dance.  Milo's number was great and he was super in character.  JP seems to have found his groove.  I still think he excels when given characters to play.  I also thought this was Evanna's best dance easily and the first time I really felt her.  She should have said eff the judges weeks ago.

At this point I'm seeing both Bobby and Joe in the finals along with Milo so there will be plenty of "shock boots" yet to come and between Evanna, Alexis, JP and Demarcus, I couldn't tell you which one is pulling the votes.

If I had to guess I think John will leave next.  Forgettable dance, most of the women are already gone and Joe/Bobby have the fanbases.

Oh, and since I just remembered I have never rolled my eyes so hard at Bobby's package about how busy he is.  I HATE nothing more than people that come on this show knowing how much it takes and how much time it takes that then complain about how busy they are.  Either suck it up, put some things on hold or don't do the show.  Everyone else has lives and jobs too.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, spanana said:

Oh, and since I just remembered I have never rolled my eyes so hard at Bobby's package about how busy he is.  I HATE nothing more than people that come on this show knowing how much it takes and how much time it takes that then complain about how busy they are.  Either suck it up, put some things on hold or don't do the show.  Everyone else has lives and jobs too.

Honestly I don't think people know how much work it is. They want the money and the attention, so they come on. Some of the others aren't whining, but I'm sure they are working just as hard as Bobby is.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, spanana said:

I will say I don't think it's entirely a Janel/Val situation though this isn't the thread to get into that so I won't say why in detail.  I'll just say I think Val stoked those fires in very deliberate ways in a way I don't see Alan doing.

Well yeah because in this case, I feel fairly certain that both Alan and Alexis are on the same page in knowing that this shit is fake as hell. 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Honestly I don't think people know how much work it is. They want the money and the attention, so they come on. Some of the others aren't whining, but I'm sure they are working just as hard as Bobby is.

If celebs don’t know, they should since it’s been well documented at this point and also many celebs before signing on reach out to previous celebs and talk to them about the show.  By S27 there is no excuse for not knowing what goes into it or how much time it takes.  Even as a viewer I know that. I would buy that as an excuse in the first handful of seasons but not 27 seasons in.

I think more what happens is a lot of celebs coming in expecting to be the exception to the rule.  They think they can do it all.  Then usually somewhere part way through they realize they can’t and move some things around where they can.  Or if they can’t, we get Bobby.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Oh, for sure about this. I think the issue with Bobby is that he's consistently complained about something to do with this show. Even during week 1, night 2, he was complaining about he wasn't a good dancer...which is fair, if he hadn't have pointed out Tinashe and Demarcus as he did so. He's complained a bit on social media as well, but in terms of the broadcast episodes, he's been complaining more than others. And that lies my annoyance with him. I bet all of them think that it's hard work, but who's been complaining about it? It feels like it's only Bobby. If the others feel just as much pressure, the show isn't either showing it or the celebs are keeping it off camera.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, for sure about this. I think the issue with Bobby is that he's consistently complained about something to do with this show. Even during week 1, night 2, he was complaining about he wasn't a good dancer...which is fair, if he hadn't have pointed out Tinashe and Demarcus as he did so. He's complained a bit on social media as well, but in terms of the broadcast episodes, he's been complaining more than others. And that lies my annoyance with him. I bet all of them think that it's hard work, but who's been complaining about it? It feels like it's only Bobby. If the others feel just as much pressure, the show isn't either showing it or the celebs are keeping it off camera.

Oh I agree. It pissed me off about his complaining about the two only black people in the cast. I don't know much about him, but it made him look like an idiot racist. Demarcus isn't even that great. He's getting by on votes from his fans, just like Bobby.

I think it was rude for him to complain about people going to Disney, as well. Like he's the only one who has a day job.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Fliz said:

Let's not forget his reference to "Anne Berlin." I'm still laughing.

I think his sole source of history and literature is his Bible.

11 hours ago, lavenderblue said:

Hadn't other Bachelor guys still hanging on at this point at least been placed in jeopardy?

Re JOE:  I don't watch the various Bachelor franchises, but I understand he's one of the few "normal" guys...not a hound-dog, not a famewhore, just a nice guy (not too bright) who owns a grocery store.  He must have become endearing to lots of Bachelorette fans.  I think he's cute and humble--refreshing and appealing.  

• Love 2

Evanna’s tango!!!!

I agree with Len about 99% of the time, but I am still baffled about his score for her. He even complimented her on flexed knees and didn’t have a negative thing to say. Her costume was stunning and perfect for a tango! We were able to see her dance from head to toe. When Mary Lou danced her tango, I couldn’t even tell you what her legs did or if her knees were even flexed.

No matter why Len isn’t keen on Evanna & Keo, I’m officially pissed that she isn’t dancing with anyone else. 

When Bruno told Evanna “This week, you kept up with Keo. We’ve been telling you about problems you’ve had staying ahead of the beat instead of slightly behind it.”, I wanted to throw something at Keo.

Bruno did contradict himself last night because he has complimented Evanna on her timing before. On Most Memorable Year night, he said something like “Keo had to keep up with you!” 

I also wanted to throw something at my TV during their video intro when Keo asked Evanna what she was going to do about getting better.

In the skybox, he said he “needs her to be the cat every day.” Dude. Really?!?! How about you learn to be a better partner?

I watched the opening number several times last night because I wanted to see how everyone compares to one another. I had to keep rewinding several times, but it was worth it.

Observations:

1. During the first celeb/pro partnered section, Juan Pablo (in the very back and left side of your screen) is so smooth. He danced exactly like the male pros. Watch how his legs & feet move; they’re identical to Sasha’s.

2. Bobby was painful to watch when he was stomping on the floor. Sharna couldn’t even dance those three simple steps herself without looking bad as well. It didn’t help that they were on the corner of the dance floor either because Bobby was not giving her any room to move. (Bottom right side of your TV) He couldn’t even get the hand choreo down when they were seated in the wagon.

3. Joe couldn’t pick up his feet (what a shock, eh?) nor did he finish any of his lines with his arms; he totally gave up. It’s almost like he’s got zero memory of any “practice” or “teaching” he had that week because he’s always looking at Jenna for reminders about what to do next. That said, Jenna’s lack of professionalism (teaching, coaching) is alarming, but expected.

4. Watching Jenna shove Joe and his arms out of her way (so she could hog the camera) was priceless. Am I the only one who noticed it? Wow. Will someone please turn that into a meme?

5. Keo. Keo. Keo. Ahhhhhh! His dance with Evanna was amazing, but in the opening dance...

even when he’s meant to stand in place for a note or two as his partner passes by, he adds a bounce step or finds a way to move his arms. He doesn’t have to stand like a statue, but he’d be wise to tone it down. It’s really noticeable when he’s with several other male pros.

As Val says: “The male’s job is to be the frame for the lady. It’s his job to make her look good.” Keo doesn’t ever do that, not even with other pros. It feels like I only ever see Keo dance with either Cheryl & Sharna (maybe it’s a height thing?) and while those two can keep up, they shouldn’t have to dance at double the speed. Keo has a frenetic energy that is ideal for dancers, but he’s only got one speed: too fast. He doesn’t dance as smoothly as Artem or Alan.

Being the fastest, whether you’re a dancer or a musician, doesn’t mean you’re the best. 

Keo adds embellished nuances to every single part of the music and it’s awful to watch. I have yet to see him look like a proper pro, whether he’s partnered with someone or dancing with his peers. His style of dancing makes me think he’s constantly in a competition with every step he takes. He doesn’t look authentically happy at all - he seems to be wearing a pasted on smile from his days of being an amateur. It’s almost like it still hasn’t hit him that he’s a pro on the show. He can (and should!) dial it down from an 11, have a great time and enjoy the experience and privilege of being paid to dance!

A tiny part of me thinks Keo (perhaps even subconsciously) feels like he has to “show off” all of the time because he’s on a show with other pro dancers and no one else looks like him. Even with Brandon & Britt on the roster this season, maybe he feels like he’s got to “be the best” at all times, hence his dance style?

During his short tenure on the show, he’s usually been voted out week 1 or 2. Maybe he doesn’t know what to do with a partner who can actually dance? The self sabotage needs to end so Evanna can make it to the finals with Milo & Juan Pablo. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

As bad as Joe sucks, I was happy for him that he finally got some decent scores. I don't like to see people get cut down with 5s at this stage of the season, and the guy really did look crushed.

BUT, he didn't deserve these scores and he should have already been gone so we wouldn't be this far into the competition and still getting 5's!!! Those 5's should have helped him leave deservedly!

• Love 6

Things that have

9 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Oh I agree. It pissed me off about his complaining about the two only black people in the cast. I don't know much about him, but it made him look like an idiot racist. Demarcus isn't even that great. He's getting by on votes from his fans, just like Bobby.

I think it was rude for him to complain about people going to Disney, as well. Like he's the only one who has a day job.

Noticed now that Tinashe is out and Demarcus is clearly not what he was in the beginning and others are stepping up, he hasnt said a thing. He deliberatly only wanted to point Tinashe and Demarcus which pisses still pisses me off, like what about Alexis, Milo and Juan who came in with serious dance background, he want say nothing.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Evanna’s tango!!!!

I agree with Len about 99% of the time, but I am still baffled about his score for her. He even complimented her on flexed knees and didn’t have a negative thing to say. Her costume was stunning and perfect for a tango! We were able to see her dance from head to toe. When Mary Lou danced her tango, I couldn’t even tell you what her legs did or if her knees were even flexed.

No matter why Len isn’t keen on Evanna & Keo, I’m officially pissed that she isn’t dancing with anyone else. 

When Bruno told Evanna “This week, you kept up with Keo. We’ve been telling you about problems you’ve had staying ahead of the beat instead of slightly behind it.”, I wanted to throw something at Keo.

Bruno did contradict himself last night because he has complimented Evanna on her timing before. On Most Memorable Year night, he said something like “Keo had to keep up with you!” 

I also wanted to throw something at my TV durinf their video intro when Keo asked Evanna what she was going to do about getting better.

In the skybox, he said he “needs her to be the cat every day.” Dude. Really?!?! How about you learn to be a better partner?

I watched the opening number several times last night because I wanted to see how everyone compares to one another. I had to keep rewinding several times, but it was worth it.

Observations:

1. During the first celeb/pro partnered section, Juan Pablo (in the very back and left side of your screen) is so smooth. He danced exactly like the male pros. Watch how his legs & feet move; they’re identical to Sasha’s.

2. Bobby was painful to watch when he was stomping on the floor. Sharna couldn’t even dance those three simple steps herself without looking bad as well. It didn’t help that they were on the corner of the dance floor either because Bobby was not giving her any room to move. (Bottom right side of your TV) He couldn’t even get the hand choreo down when they were seated in the wagon.

3. Joe couldn’t pick up his feet (what a shock, eh?) nor did he finish any of his lines with his arms; he totally gave up. It’s almost like he’s got zero memory of any “practice” or “teaching” he had that week because he’s always looking at Jenna for reminders about what to do next. That said, Jenna’s lack of professionalism (teaching, coaching) is alarming, but expected.

4. Watching Jenna shove Joe and his arms out of her way (so she could hog the camera) was priceless. Am I the only one who noticed it? Wow. Will someone please turn that into a meme?

5. Keo. Keo. Keo. Ahhhhhh! His dance with Evanna was amazing, but in the opening dance...

even when he’s meant to stand in place for a note or two as his partner passes by, he adds a bounce step or finds a way to move his arms. He doesn’t have to stand like a statue, but he’d be wise to tone it down. It’s really noticeable when he’s with several other male pros.

As Val says: “The male’s job is to be the frame for the lady. It’s his job to make her look good.” Keo doesn’t ever do that, not even with other pros. It feels like I only ever see Keo dance with either Cheryl & Sharna (maybe it’s a height thing?) and while those two can keep up, they shouldn’t have to dance at double the speed. Keo has a frenetic energy that is ideal for dancers, but he’s only for one speed: too fast. He doesn’t dance as smoothly as Artem or Alan.

Being the fastest, whether you’re a dancer or a musician, doesn’t mean you’re the best. 

Keo adds embellished nuances to every single part of the music and it’s awful to watch. I have yet to see him look like a proper pro, whether he’s partnered with someone or dancing with his peers. His style of dancing makes me think he’s constantly in a competition with every step he takes. He doesn’t look authentically happy at all - he seems to be wearing a pasted on smile from his days of being an amateur. It’s almost like it still hasn’t hit him that he’s a pro on the show. He can (and should!) dial it down from an 11, have a great time and enjoy the experience and privilege of being paid to dance!

A tiny part of me thinks Keo (perhaps even subconsciously) feels like he has to “show off” all of the time because he’s on a show with other pro dancers and no one else looks like him. Even with Brandon & Britt on the roster this season, maybe he feels like he’s got to “be the best” at all times, hence his dance style?

During his short tenure on the show, he’s usually been voted out week 1 or 2. Maybe he doesn’t know what to do with a partner who can actually dance? The self sabotage needs to end so Evanna can make it to the finals with Milo & Juan Pablo. 

I have to take up for keo here. This is the first season where he is bringing it to me and yes he is a very strong dancer and fast but I think Evanna has finally caught up to him. I think keo has given Evanna some pretty good dances this season and I cant say he hasnt helped her because clearly the girl is officially a dancer and contender for the mirrorball and that is all to thanks to keo. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Things that have

Noticed now that Tinashe is out and Demarcus is clearly not what he was in the beginning and others are stepping up, he hasnt said a thing. He deliberatly only wanted to point Tinashe and Demarcus which pisses still pisses me off, like what about Alexis, Milo and Juan who came in with serious dance background, he want say nothing.

Yes, and Evanna has some dance background as well.

In whose universe is Demarcus a ringer? Only in Bobby's wee little world.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Yes, and Evanna has some dance background as well.

In whose universe is Demarcus a ringer? Only in Bobby's wee little world.

Well, Demarcus was hyped up so much in the beginning like all football players are with their week 1 cha cha cha that they always get and of course tied him too first place with Tinashe which made Bobby think they were the best, not of course Tinashe came in being good and left still being good but Demarcus has fell off and others are moving up and Bobby hasnt said anything.

• Love 1

I think Demarcus does have natural ability, but Lindsay isn't doing him any favors by using six dancers in his dances, like the one yesterday. It's making him get lost in the shuffle.

He can still win, though. The Dallas Cowboys have a huge fanbase, and he can improve.

• Love 3

Haven't read everything yet but agree with a lot of the comments so far.

My favorites were Milo and JP.  While Milo is my favorite to win, I finally can relate a little to JP.  Don't know why he doesn't connect with me when I technically loved his samba.  He also did a good job last week as Gaston.

This was Evanna's best dance and I'm glad she's getting good scores and judges' comments.  John was underscored especially in relation to Joe's scores. 

Alexis' dance was good but too sweet for Halloween.  Stop with the showmance!!  I don't read her social media but it doesn't surprise me that she hangs out with Milo as others have mentioned.  After either her dance or Milo's, they hugged/congratulated or did something like that.  I remember thinking that if he wasn't 17, then he would be the one that I think she likes.

Agree that Lindsay shouldn't have had that many pros dancing with her and DeMarcus.  It just made him look worse.  I kept waiting for them to leave so that it would just be Lindsay and him.

Too many neck cracks.  Noticed it even before Tom started making jokes about it.

Liked Bobby's dance too even though it seemed more contemporary than AT.  It reminded me of Frankie's/Witney's contemporary.  It just had that stalker feel to it.  Still don't like his personality, but he did look better yesterday.  It might be his stubble but I think they also put blue contacts or something in his eyes.  I don't know but he looked better.  No sympathy from me for his schedule. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

Alexis' dance was good but too sweet for Halloween. 

Yeah, at first I was wondering why her dance didn't fit the overall spooky theme. But considering candy is part of Halloween, it makes more sense in that context. 

Liked Bobby's dance too even though it seemed more contemporary than AT.  It reminded me of Frankie's/Witney's contemporary.  It just had that stalker feel to it.  

YES. I thought of that other dance as well. 

Regarding Juan Pablo, I loved that he actually drew up the design for his costume this week :). It's fun to see him doing artwork when he's got some down time. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah, at first I was wondering why her dance didn't fit the overall spooky theme. But considering candy is part of Halloween, it makes more sense in that context. 

YES. I thought of that other dance as well. 

Regarding Juan Pablo, I loved that he actually drew up the design for his costume this week :). It's fun to see him doing artwork when he's got some down time. 

I got the candy reference with Halloween.  I just meant for me personally, I like when they do creepy or weird dances for Halloween.

I think it's cool that Juan draws and designed his costume too.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

Ratings for this week's show are up, second week in a row. What's that about canceling the show because ratings are tanking?

https://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/pressrelease/abcs-dancing-and-the-good-doctor-rise-to-season-highs-on-monday-night/

Wow how the mighty have fallen. When Emmitt won the show had almost 28 million viewers.  And when you take it all in context the show is only around  7 million viewers weekly, that's a quarter of what it was once.  The 18-49 demo is dismal with a slight bump on Disney night, the show chugs along with poor ratings it- I mean you can compare it somewhat with the decline in football ratings but Football still gets a solid demo and numbers because of streaming.  Nobody bothers to stream this show.  And re-runs were cancelled on the Game Show Network.  Just thank Grandma mid America and her obsession with Country radio announcers keeping this dog alive.  The demo drop average and the view drop is pretty significant. 

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/dancing-with-the-stars-season-27-ratings-fall-2018/

Edited by LoveDance