Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
skermac

Saddest Moments: Morbidity and Mortality

Recommended Posts

2 for me, George and then Mark/Lexie, those brought tears to my eyes, I cant think of anything else, although I may have forget

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The episode where Derek dies and the voice-over of him knowing things are going bad...and Meredith showing up...and then disappearing for a year....unless it is Denny Duqette dying and Alex carrying Izzie in the pink gown.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, Madding crowd said:

George dying and the 007 message was just heartbreaking to me.

that scene makes me cry everytime I see it but I rewatch sometimes on Netflix, when Meredith realizes the 007 is George and runs out, my tears are flowing sad to say

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Derek's death by car accident -- the having to pull the plug. I had literally gone through the same thing when my husband died-- it was done quite well. Right down to Meredith's decision to not to call Derek's family. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 30/10/2018 at 8:03 PM, taanja said:

Derek's death by car accident -- the having to pull the plug. I had literally gone through the same thing when my husband died-- it was done quite well. Right down to Meredith's decision to not to call Derek's family. 

For me it was the way she choked “Derek” right before they turned off the monitor. As if she was checking he just might wake up. Pompeo’s restraint in making it a big acting opportunity are what makes the scene. Her watery eyes and pained facial expression make the scene. 

Edited by Chas411
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/27/2018 at 6:44 PM, Chas411 said:

For me it was the way she choked “Derek” right before they turned off the monitor. As if she was checking he just might wake up. Pompeo’s restraint in making it a big acting opportunity are what makes the scene. Her watery eyes and pained facial expression make the scene. 

People gave her shit for not calling Derek's family. But I was right there with Mer-- her decision.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ooh let’s see, Cristina leaving, Merediths mum dying the way she did, Marks death, the little boy (Eli?) with the short gut syndrome dying... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/4/2019 at 12:33 PM, Tallulah7606 said:

the little boy (Eli?) with the short gut syndrome dying... 

Wallace. 

Share this post


Link to post

My list:

0-0-7

007-george.gif

A coding Izzie sees George in the elevator.

tumblr_static_5glml9mstoo44cs8gg0kkocs4.

The Into You Like a Train episode where the doctors have to make a Sophie's choice when two passengers are impaled on the same pole.

Season-2-episode-6-You-Like-Train.gif

I lost it when, after telling the woman's fiancee, Derek and Bailey share an elevator ride and he loses it and she doesn't say a word, but presses the stop button on the elevator to give him a few moments to grieve one of the toughest losses of their careers.

When Meredith drowns and is somewhere between life and death, she sees her mother, who was hospitalized for separate issues:

Season-3-episode-17-Some-Kind-Miracle.gi

Meredith survives, but Ellis dies.

Goodbye, Lexie.

giphy.gif

Kyle gets blown up:

giphy.gif

Denny's death:

980x.gif

Burke leaving Christina at the altar:

980x.gif

The shooter (that two-partner still gives me chills):

980x.gif 980x.gif

When Jackson saved the little girl from a bus just as it exploded and April, realizing she loved him and not Matthew, thought he had died only to see this:

980x.gif

Samuel's death:

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=400&h=529c13547

Derek's death:

anigif_enhanced-1796-1429842497-4.gif

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

How could I forget the little boy Jackson who needed a bowel and liver transplant! The scene where his mum was telling him he can go now had me in floods, and also the insanely beautiful little girl Jessica who died from Tay Sachs in series 5

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Aside from the ones already mentioned:

- The two-parter in season 3 where George's dad died really wrecked me; it aired about a year after I lost my own father, and it was just so realistically done (the moment where George is shaving his father's face and confessing to things he did as a kid). Then Cristina outside talking to him about the Dead Dad's Club. 

- Bailey's "TURN THE ELEVATORS BACK ON!" moment in the shooting episode. After dragging Percy all the way to the elevator she realizes he's going to die and there's nothing she can do. That hopelessness was crushing. 

- The entire sequence with April and the rabbi had me tearing up last year, especially when he finally passed on and said something about telling Bailey that he forgives her. 

- It wasn't necessarily sad, but I cried when Meredith won the Harper Avery and saw Ellis standing in the gallery. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, BaseOps said:

- It wasn't necessarily sad, but I cried when Meredith won the Harper Avery and saw Ellis standing in the gallery. 

I don’t know how, but I completely missed that first time round! I’ve just had to go back and rewatch that scene, and now I’m in floods! It is sad and beautiful, it’s sad because all Meredith ever wanted was for her mother to show her approval and pride 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/9/2019 at 9:33 AM, CountryGirl said:

My list:

0-0-7

007-george.gif

A coding Izzie sees George in the elevator.

tumblr_static_5glml9mstoo44cs8gg0kkocs4.

The Into You Like a Train episode where the doctors have to make a Sophie's choice when two passengers are impaled on the same pole.

Season-2-episode-6-You-Like-Train.gif

I lost it when, after telling the woman's fiancee, Derek and Bailey share an elevator ride and he loses it and she doesn't say a word, but presses the stop button on the elevator to give him a few moments to grieve one of the toughest losses of their careers.

 

When Meredith drowns and is somewhere between life and death, she sees her mother, who was hospitalized for separate issues:

Season-3-episode-17-Some-Kind-Miracle.gi

Meredith survives, but Ellis dies.

Goodbye, Lexie.

giphy.gif

Kyle gets blown up:

giphy.gif

Denny's death:

980x.gif

Burke leaving Christina at the altar:

980x.gif

The shooter (that two-partner still gives me chills):

980x.gif 980x.gif

When Jackson saved the little girl from a bus just as it exploded and April, realizing she loved him and not Matthew, thought he had died only to see this:

980x.gif

Samuel's death:

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=400&h=529c13547

Derek's death:

anigif_enhanced-1796-1429842497-4.gif

How'd you find and embed all these gifs?

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Layne said:

How'd you find and embed all these gifs?

I searched on Grey's Anatomy gifs or on the character. 

Then you copy the image address and paste it into a post and the gif will display.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, Madding crowd said:

George dying and the 007 message was just heartbreaking to me.

that makes me want to cry just thinking about it

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/9/2019 at 9:33 AM, CountryGirl said:

My list:

0-0-7

007-george.gif

A coding Izzie sees George in the elevator.

tumblr_static_5glml9mstoo44cs8gg0kkocs4.

The Into You Like a Train episode where the doctors have to make a Sophie's choice when two passengers are impaled on the same pole.

Season-2-episode-6-You-Like-Train.gif

I lost it when, after telling the woman's fiancee, Derek and Bailey share an elevator ride and he loses it and she doesn't say a word, but presses the stop button on the elevator to give him a few moments to grieve one of the toughest losses of their careers.

When Meredith drowns and is somewhere between life and death, she sees her mother, who was hospitalized for separate issues:

Season-3-episode-17-Some-Kind-Miracle.gi

Meredith survives, but Ellis dies.

Goodbye, Lexie.

giphy.gif

Kyle gets blown up:

giphy.gif

Denny's death:

980x.gif

Burke leaving Christina at the altar:

980x.gif

The shooter (that two-partner still gives me chills):

980x.gif 980x.gif

When Jackson saved the little girl from a bus just as it exploded and April, realizing she loved him and not Matthew, thought he had died only to see this:

980x.gif

Samuel's death:

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=400&h=529c13547

Derek's death:

anigif_enhanced-1796-1429842497-4.gif

When Derek turns back around in the elevator he looks UTTERLY destroyed AND he looks like a child, like the Patrick Dempsey from Can't Buy Me Love.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×