Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E13: Game Day

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Malena's cut was hard to watch.  Not that it was a surprise because she should have been cut many  cuts earlier. Malena's behavior was unprofessional.  I have no problem with lots of tears and even some gut wrenching sobs.  However, the "NO, NO, No, Don't say it" with the shaking etc.  I will not get in the debate on mental illness instead I will use the term unrealistic.  Malena was the only person ever benched from NY Jets.  The team Tara cheered for years on the field and Tara was cut.  Malena was in the office numerous times for her memory mistakes.    Malena chose DCC over a real life job when she knew she was having trouble with choreography.  Lots of trouble with choreography.  Malena may have a few bright minutes but usually stuck out in a very bad way.  Malena's one kick was low.  None of this spells DCC but they thought she looked good and has presence.   

I would first believe that Kelli would say what she did.  Go to classes.  Work hard.  After Malena's display, Kelli should have told her this is too stressful for you and your behavior on the field, in the studio, and now show you cannot handle stress. Classes I doubt would really solve her memory problems and what will change her unprofessional behavior.  The way Malena acted she could have more meltdowns.   What happens if she does not get the right spot in the triangle or she gets cut the second year if she made it. Her behavior is not something they need on the team.  After all the debate on VK's behavior, VK an entitled young 18 year old self showed so much more class and professionalism than Malena.  Malena freaks out at performance time and in the office.  

A lot of people feel sorry for her she cut her job.  Malena should have known from her Jet days she was a super long shot and stuck with the real job.  Malena is a Morgan they like the look but she can never do the job.

As to Kashara's comments, it seemed heavily edited and she has put her heart in to DCC.  She knows not to stay at the party too long and said before tryouts it was her senior year.  No way they are pushing that bright light out.  She was point girl two years in a row.  Kashara's boots will be hard to feel.  She's so real and down to earth and smart.  I wonder who all else is retiring.  Lacey will be missed.  Amy and Lexie are getting married along with Miranda who Kitty said all that trash about.  Scary for the next year.   

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Malena's cut was hard to watch.  Not that it was a surprise because she should have been cut many  cuts earlier. Malena's behavior was unprofessional.  I have no problem with lots of tears and even some gut wrenching sobs.  However, the "NO, NO, No, Don't say it" with the shaking etc.  I will not get in the debate on mental illness instead I will use the term unrealistic.  Malena was the only person ever benched from NY Jets.  The team Tara cheered for years on the field and Tara was cut.  Malena was in the office numerous times for her memory mistakes.    Malena chose DCC over a real life job when she knew she was having trouble with choreography.  Lots of trouble with choreography.  Malena may have a few bright minutes but usually stuck out in a very bad way.  Malena's one kick was low.  None of this spells DCC but they thought she looked good and has presence.   

I would first believe that Kelli would say what she did.  Go to classes.  Work hard.  After Malena's display, Kelli should have told her this is too stressful for you and your behavior on the field, in the studio, and now show you cannot handle stress. Classes I doubt would really solve her memory problems and what will change her unprofessional behavior.  The way Malena acted she could have more meltdowns.   What happens if she does not get the right spot in the triangle or she gets cut the second year if she made it. Her behavior is not something they need on the team.  After all the debate on VK's behavior, VK an entitled young 18 year old self showed so much more class and professionalism than Malena.  Malena freaks out at performance time and in the office.  

A lot of people feel sorry for her she cut her job.  Malena should have known from her Jet days she was a super long shot and stuck with the real job.  Malena is a Morgan they like the look but she can never do the job.

As to Kashara's comments, it seemed heavily edited and she has put her heart in to DCC.  She knows not to stay at the party too long and said before tryouts it was her senior year.  No way they are pushing that bright light out.  She was point girl two years in a row.  Kashara's boots will be hard to feel.  She's so real and down to earth and smart.  I wonder who all else is retiring.  Lacey will be missed.  Amy and Lexie are getting married along with Miranda who Kitty said all that trash about.  Scary for the next year.   

Amy is getting married in the off season New Year’s Eve !! Miranda said in pod cast here recently they aren’t setting a date til after she is finished with her dcc career 

3 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I Scary for the next year.   

This.

She should never have made it to camp.  It was a Kelli/CMT storyline.  I am sure that they probably thought that they could waive the DCC magic wand and solve her memory problems.  Unrealistic and in the long run - plain stupid.  They took a spot from someone else (the Keyra being late excuse comes to mind).  (Regardless of your feelings about Keyra -- she was a vet)

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

This.

She should never have made it to camp.  It was a Kelli/CMT storyline.  I am sure that they probably thought that they could waive the DCC magic wand and solve her memory problems.  Unrealistic and in the long run - plain stupid.  They took a spot from someone else (the Keyra being late excuse comes to mind).  (Regardless of your feelings about Keyra -- she was a vet)

Has anyone ever solved memory problems in the history of the show? I mean those huge memory problems where she just stands out dramatically even to the untrained viewer?

I’m sure Judy knew from the beginning that Malena would never make it. I think Judy would have cut her before she quit her job.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Just cause Kashara chose not to give VK a sticker and didn’t feel she was ready for the squad doesn’t mean she’s going to retire because VK is going to re-audition.  Why on earth would a seasoned veteran who is a GL, in SG and the point dancer care so much about one rookie candidate?  She was asked her opinion by Kelli and said what she thought like any GL is supposed to do.

Amy didn’t feel that Ashley was ready for the squad either in that scene, is she going to retire if Ashley comes back?

There was a lot of drama and unfair treatment around Victoria. Not to mention the garbage entitled attitude Victoria brought to training camp. “I really wanted show group” said with a whine and puppy dog eyes.

Look at how much happened around Cassie and she had no weight issues, etc. 

So, yes, I think deciding on whether she will be dealing with a lot of drama and morale issues  involving Kelli’s special pet could definitely impact Kashara coming back.

There’s a massive difference between Victoria and the other rookie candidates. That difference is the blind favoritism shown Victoria that doesn’t apply to Ashley.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Why on earth would a seasoned veteran who is a GL, in SG and the point dancer care so much about one rookie candidate?  

I have no idea why she is leaving other than maybe getting on with real life.  But I can totally see someone not wanting to come back because they were witnessing the blatant favoritism shown someone who was perceived to be toxic to the environment.  (See, e.g. Lacey's exit speech and read between the lines.)

As for Amy, if she leaves it will probably be because she is getting married.

As for which vets are leaving, I am thinking:  Lacey, Kashara, Amy Lauren and maybe Tess and Hannah.  Kelli's bench won't be very deep.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I kind of agree about Malena.  I really liked her and wanted her to make the squad, but I think after that meltdown when they cut her it would be very hard for both sides for her to be in TC again.  K&J fearing another meltdown for whatever reason and for her out of embarrassment.

She also could have issues w/ her professional reputation after how she was portrayed/shown on the show.   Like who would want to hire someone like that who can’t hold it together when given bad news for any serious job role - plus the whole her quitting her job for DCC when she was struggling in DCC.  You also got to wonder how that conversation actually went down - like as there another meltdown w/ SMU when they wouldn’t agree to let her miss work for DCC?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

She also could have issues w/ her professional reputation after how she was portrayed/shown on the show.   Like who would want to hire someone like that who can’t hold it together when given bad news for any serious job role - plus the whole her quitting her job for DCC when she was struggling in DCC.  You also got to wonder how that conversation actually went down - like as there another meltdown w/ SMU when they wouldn’t agree to let her miss work for DCC?

Agreed.  Hopefully, people, won't have very long memories, but I shudder to think what her friends and co-workers thought when they saw the show.  

I mean, look at our reaction and we don't even know her.  

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 2

Y'all, I'm quite sure Lily got feedback that wasn't shown. If you recall the infamous office scene where KaShara said she didn't want Victoria, she specifically chose Lily instead of her. Why would she have phrased it that way if Lily wasn't on their radar as a potential cut? True, it's harsh that Lily was cut at her first office visit, but it's not fair to those in charge to insist she wasn't given any corrections throughout camp. I'm sure she was.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

Y'all, I'm quite sure Lily got feedback that wasn't shown. If you recall the infamous office scene where KaShara said she didn't want Victoria, she specifically chose Lily instead of her. Why would she have phrased it that way if Lily wasn't on their radar as a potential cut? True, it's harsh that Lily was cut at her first office visit, but it's not fair to those in charge to insist she wasn't given any corrections throughout camp. I'm sure she was.

I’m sure they all get corrections. To cut a girl on the last day, Kelli and Judy should at least have talked to her once to give her the  famous “wake up call.” 

Even if not for Lily’s sake, it’s going along with the terrible exit and storytelling this season that most viewers were blindsided by Lily’s and even Tara’s cuts.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Anothermouther said:

Coming out of lurkdom to comment on this.

I know Kashara as I grew up in the same small town as her. I’m several years older so not best friends, but good acquaintances.

She is a very kind and genuine person. Even someone not biased should note that by all the peer-chosen awards she receives. She just has one of those magnetic personalities without even trying and makes everyone feel special. Her saying what she did about VK said a TON because if someone can’t get along with kashara there’s a problem! 

Anyway, about her exit.

1. I thought her interview was terribly edited. I’m sure many of you have seen other interviews with her to know she’s usually better spoken. I did think it came off somewhat strange.

2. She has said from the very beginning that 4 years was a good amount of time. Senior year and all that. She is in no way being pushed out. (If she was on the bubble, barely making it, being forced out...she would not have been made point for the second year in a row). Yes, she was emotional about it. I have been emotional about transitions even though it’s my choice. She will miss the other girls and many things about it. At the same time she is very mature and realizes that it’s a perfect time to move on to her “real life.”

I was one who never thought the team was pushing her out - no way would they push out a seasoned, respected vet when the ranks of multi-year girls is going to be slim at best.  The girl is charismatic and a true leader, and from what we've seen not involved in troublesome behavior.  I wondered if her parents might be giving her some financial support, and they think four years is enough and it is's time to get a big girl job.  I love what you said about everyone being able to get along with Kash.  That's the read I've always gotten on her, too.  I could see that VK might be the one that couldn't.  That girl just had NO respect of vets or management.  When someone tries to shake up the historical order like that, it shakes the whole organization.  Sometimes that's a good thing!  This time, not so much.  My son played on a team or two with one of those cancer in the dugout people.  It ruined it for the whole team.  I feel like that is what VK did.  So, I don't find it unbelievable that she might have had enough with the VK show.

• Love 4

Nobody is pushing Kashara out. I think she got a weird edit and also maybe doesn't want to leave it yet but knows its time to move on to All Stars. It's ok to have mixed feelings. 

VK has NOTHING to do with Kashara retiring and they got along. VK got on a lot of people's nerves but I think Kashara is one who can handle about any personality and not let it affect her job. 

• Love 12

I, too, thought it was brutal that Lily got cut on her first call to the office. Yes they all get notes, but some girls are called in and given firm warnings time and time again. I thought she deserved that chance that so many got. Especially being that close.

Melena’s cut... She was never one of my favorites. I always thought she seemed a little “off,” and I didn’t like her look the way everyone else did, and thought her dancing was a mess. Yes, they kept her a long time, gave her every chance. However, I don’t know how anyone could say that they made promises or gave her false security. She was called in to the office, talked to, called out in groups for making mistakes, etc. There were always concerns. I know most think they are heartless, but I got the feeling that Kelly really felt some pressure over her quitting her job, and maybe kept her there longer just hoping she could pull it together, giving her every chance. Otherwise I really can’t see why she made it that long.

I’m still a bit sore over Tara’s cut, too. That same night, Savannah looked way worse than Tara. And Savannah gets on my nerves. She just seems so full of herself.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Anothermouther said:

I, too, thought it was brutal that Lily got cut on her first call to the office. Yes they all get notes, but some girls are called in and given firm warnings time and time again. I thought she deserved that chance that so many got. Especially being that close.

Melena’s cut... She was never one of my favorites. I always thought she seemed a little “off,” and I didn’t like her look the way everyone else did, and thought her dancing was a mess. Yes, they kept her a long time, gave her every chance. However, I don’t know how anyone could say that they made promises or gave her false security. She was called in to the office, talked to, called out in groups for making mistakes, etc. There were always concerns. I know most think they are heartless, but I got the feeling that Kelly really felt some pressure over her quitting her job, and maybe kept her there longer just hoping she could pull it together, giving her every chance. Otherwise I really can’t see why she made it that long.

I’m still a bit sore over Tara’s cut, too. That same night, Savannah looked way worse than Tara. And Savannah gets on my nerves. She just seems so full of herself.

Mindreader 100%

• Love 5

This year I think they kept candidates longer than usual because they knew they couldn’t cut some of them before VK.  They “agonizing” decisions were based on keeping VK in training camp as long as they could, even when they knew she should be cut.  To me, I would have cut VK the minute she had problems with Jinelle.  VK was arrogant in that meeting.  

Keeping VK, Lily, & Melena until the end gave each TCC more experience too.  Judy even said that she is shocked that the TCC think it is a bad thing that we keep them until the end.  On one hand it is great experience, but on the other hand, deep down the TCC wants to believe she made the team since it is the last night. Amy’s cut at the very beginning of the last night of camp was hard too.  

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Anothermouther said:

That's funny, my take on her is the exact opposite- Savannah has always struck me as more awkward and bashful than most of the other girls. 

But I am also forever bitter about Tara's cut. "Not getting noticed" has always struck me as a silly reason to cut a member of a dance team, particularly when you still have candidates getting noticed for all the wrong reasons.  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Anothermouther said:

Yeah it bothers me so much too!  

• Love 3

I was the one who mentioned KaShara was leaving, anticipating VK's return. I was guessing and being silly or maybe stupid, in hindsight. Please all remember, I know nothing in regards to what these gals motivations are. It’s all a guessing game.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

This year I think they kept candidates longer than usual because they knew they couldn’t cut some of them before VK.  They “agonizing” decisions were based on keeping VK in training camp as long as they could, even when they knew she should be cut.  To me, I would have cut VK the minute she had problems with Jinelle.  VK was arrogant in that meeting.  

Keeping VK, Lily, & Melena until the end gave each TCC more experience too.  Judy even said that she is shocked that the TCC think it is a bad thing that we keep them until the end.  On one hand it is great experience, but on the other hand, deep down the TCC wants to believe she made the team since it is the last night. Amy’s cut at the very beginning of the last night of camp was hard too.  

I think it's just a waste of time for everyone.  If there is no chance the TCC will make the squad, cut them so they can move on, try out for another team, apply for a job - basically continue with their life instead of putting them on hold.  Also, the sooner the squad is formed, then they can finalize the formations, set up the squad photo, do all the other things they need to do to get ready for the season.

25 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I was the one who mentioned KaShara was leaving, anticipating VK's return. I was guessing and being silly or maybe stupid, in hindsight. Please all remember, I know nothing in regards to what these gals motivations are. It’s all a guessing game.

We all voice a theory or opinion.  It's not anyone's fault if others choose to take it and run with it without any verification.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

She has already done everything, how great can it be doing this for five years??? It’s an insane  amount of work and yes ma’am for potential belittling for just a few $. She has to be so sick of seeing how women are treated. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, PBSLover said:

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

We all voice a theory or opinion.  It's not anyone's fault if others choose to take it and run with it without any verification.

1 hour ago, Jesslyn said:

She has already done everything, how great can it be doing this for five years??? It’s an insane  amount of work and yes ma’am for potential belittling for just a few $. She has to be so sick of seeing how women are treated. 

It's amazing how we all say (yes, I'm guilty) they all work so hard for so little $$$, have such insane requirements/time commitments they can't do anything else, the weight requirements are ridiculous, etc, etc, etc; but then KaShara announces she is retiring and we all start questioning it & ask where she's going, why is she retiring after ONLY 4 years,  why isn't she staying for that 5th year, why is she REALLY (got to be something going on behind the scenes) retiring, etc. I understand it (there are certain people we enjoy watching, think are good for the team, etc), but we really do talk out of both sides of our mouths and look for conspiracy theories everywhere. But, hey, we have got to have something to talk about it (& we'll make it up ourselves if they don't provide it). ???

• Love 9

I recently re-watched the last few seasons and on last season (I think - they all run together), Kashara was talking about how appreciative of what her parents had done for her to allow her to chase that dream. I suspect that meant financial support. As a mom supporting a college senior, I can't wait for him to be done so I don't have to pay for his life anymore. So my takeaway from that was that perhaps she felt she'd been enough of a drain on her parents' resources since I can't imagine being a DCC and barre instructor is going to allow for self-support anymore than being a full-time college student playing music gigs does. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

I recently re-watched the last few seasons and on last season (I think - they all run together), Kashara was talking about how appreciative of what her parents had done for her to allow her to chase that dream. I suspect that meant financial support. As a mom supporting a college senior, I can't wait for him to be done so I don't have to pay for his life anymore. So my takeaway from that was that perhaps she felt she'd been enough of a drain on her parents' resources since I can't imagine being a DCC and barre instructor is going to allow for self-support anymore than being a full-time college student playing music gigs does. 

She's a pre-school teacher and a barre instructor, so I think she can take care of herself financially

• Love 3
3 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I don't recall you stating it as a fact.  However, I think you just theorized the same thing many were theorizing.  I've seen this type of thing happen in real life many times, so my mind went there too. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

Oh @NOWHAMMIES, I agree totally.  I mentioned earlier that I thought her parents might be telling her it's time to get a big girl job and that's why!  I am in the same situation.  When he FINALLY gets that college degree, this mom's buying a new car!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Opine said:

Oh @NOWHAMMIES, I agree totally.  I mentioned earlier that I thought her parents might be telling her it's time to get a big girl job and that's why!  I am in the same situation.  When he FINALLY gets that college degree, this mom's buying a new car!!!!!!!!!

OMG - that's my plan too! My current car is 11 years old and has over 200,000 miles on it. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

OMG - that's my plan too! My current car is 11 years old and has over 200,000 miles on it. 

Are you me?  Really???  Because my kid is also doing the music gigs thing!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I could see if she was on the fence about doing a 5th year, the possibility of Victoria coming back making retirement look better, but not by itself.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I seriously hope it's not true that there are gals considering not coming back cause of VK.  She isn't worth giving up making the team again if that is their goal.  

I have not heard any talk whatsoever of anyone not coming back OR of anyone retiring bc of Vicky K. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I seriously hope it's not true that there are gals considering not coming back cause of VK.  She isn't worth giving up making the team again if that is their goal.  

I doubt that would be a reason for any of them. 

• Love 3

I really like the soundtrack for this episode...shoutout to CMT and/or DJ EJ for knowing the right lyric to play from the right song...

{from Malena's exit}

"Ain't got no tears left to cry
So I'm pickin' it up, pickin' it up
I'm lovin', I'm livin', I'm pickin' it up
So I'm pickin' it up, pickin' it up'...

Now what pray tell what do we do/watch on Thursday night ? I will truly miss  our weekly discussions. There were many occasions in the past 13 weeks, I liked our weekly posts more than the show. I learned alot from this show this season and from all of you !

{from bus ride to ATT stadium} 

"I could lift you up
I could show you what you want to see
And take you where you want to be
You could be my luck
Even if the sky is falling down
I know that we'll be safe and sound"

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, rafibomb said:

That's funny, my take on her is the exact opposite- Savannah has always struck me as more awkward and bashful than most of the other girls. 

But I am also forever bitter about Tara's cut. "Not getting noticed" has always struck me as a silly reason to cut a member of a dance team, particularly when you still have candidates getting noticed for all the wrong reasons.  

I actually really like Savannah, personality wise. Really seems like a genuinely kind and sweet person. I think another poster mentioned this, I'm not sure, but I was also curious.
Did people like Tara to the extent that they do now? I mean before all of the "performance signals" nonsense.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She's a pre-school teacher and a barre instructor, so I think she can take care of herself financially

Preschool teachers in Texas don’t make much.... neither do barre instructors. Preschools are for the most part private and don’t pay on a scale like public teachers are paid. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Preschool teachers in Texas don’t make much.... neither do barre instructors. Preschools are for the most part private and don’t pay on a scale like public teachers are paid. 

I guess the point is that she has two other sources of income and should be fine taking care of herself. Texas generally isn't that expensive (cost of living) anyway (to me). 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I guess the point is that she has two other sources of income and should be fine taking care of herself. Texas generally isn't that expensive (cost of living) anyway (to me). 

And my point is it may not be enough for her personally and the other poster brought up a very valid point in suggesting that perhaps Kashara was also thanking her parents for providing financial support. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn’t.  Depending on her expenses, she may very well be able to support herself financially on those jobs.

I thought Kashara was in school for PT? How is she working full time as a preschool teacher, going to school, DCC, and barre? If she’s not working full time, I bet her parents are helping her financially... rent in Dallas can be very expensive depending on where one chooses to live.

53 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I agree. Even though they aren’t paid much by professional football standards, they are paid minimum wage + appearances for being a DCC. Plus 2 other jobs for her. No financial trouble now. Her reference to her parents support was more a life long thing, getting her there, etc. not that they won’t help out financially if needed, but she has adequate income.

Also, her mother owns/runs a dance and cheer studio where Kashara grew up and danced in that environment (and under her teaching) since toddlerhood. So her mother was a very real part of her chasing this dream. Along with supporting her through college and other dance classes, etc. 

I saw an interview with another girl who mentioned coming from a bigger town (to me), but was lamenting not having the access to classes that other girls did, I guess those from Dallas. Made me laugh because Kashara comes from a very small town of around 5,000 people. We don’t even have a Walmart. And while her mom’s studio is amazing, there are very limited options for dance, etc

• Love 2

I agree with all of the support for Malena and wanted to add my perspective on it.  I don't think what we saw was a meltdown.  That was a panic attack.  I don't believe she suffers from mental illness.  I think she was caught way off guard and it cut her to the core.  This is how I relate to it - it's like being in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship within a large circle of friends, and very suddenly finding out that your boyfriend was cheating on you the whole time and everyone knew, but you.  And after it's over, YOU'RE the one that gets kicked out of the circle, not him.  That happened to me, and fortunately, I had the luxury of experiencing the panic attack in the privacy of my own home, alone, with no witnesses to call me crazy, and no cameras.  I do believe they kept Malena for as long as they did because she was a great asset on camera, like look at the quality of women we have going out for our squad.  I think she hoped against all hope that she was going to make it, that maybe she had triumphed over her memory issues, and when she was cut, realized that all along she never stood a chance.  AND she had bright lights and cameras in her face.  I really, really feel for her.  That was brutal.

• Love 17
On 10/30/2018 at 5:41 PM, MyFavShows said:

She looks so pretty in that picture.   I know many disagree, but I think she is just gorgeous - of course, I’m from the generation where when I was growing up everything was all about big hair, big smiles, bright makeup, standing out, etc, - so maybe I think she’s pretty cause she has that type of look.   That used to be what the DCC was all about too - that real flashy, stand out, glamorous type beauty, but they seem to be moving away from it lately.  I know when the show first started that was still their brand, but I think the big screen has made having very little body fat more important than being  pretty when it comes to appearance.

Oh I think she's beautiful....and I will enjoy rooting for her again next season. :) 

1 hour ago, Anothermouther said:

I agree. Even though they aren’t paid much by professional football standards, they are paid minimum wage + appearances for being a DCC. Plus 2 other jobs for her. No financial trouble now. Her reference to her parents support was more a life long thing, getting her there, etc. not that they won’t help out financially if needed, but she has adequate income.

Also, her mother owns/runs a dance and cheer studio where Kashara grew up and danced in that environment (and under her teaching) since toddlerhood. So her mother was a very real part of her chasing this dream. Along with supporting her through college and other dance classes, etc. 

I saw an interview with another girl who mentioned coming from a bigger town (to me), but was lamenting not having the access to classes that other girls did, I guess those from Dallas. Made me laugh because Kashara comes from a very small town of around 5,000 people. We don’t even have a Walmart. And while her mom’s studio is amazing, there are very limited options for dance, etc

KaShara is from the county just below mine and I have family from the town she grew up in :) She went to the same college that my daughter and I graduated from, so she has a LOT of support in our area.  We  LOVE Kash!!!

29 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I agree with all of the support for Malena and wanted to add my perspective on it.  I don't think what we saw was a meltdown.  That was a panic attack.  I don't believe she suffers from mental illness.  I think she was caught way off guard and it cut her to the core.  This is how I relate to it - it's like being in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship within a large circle of friends, and very suddenly finding out that your boyfriend was cheating on you the whole time and everyone knew, but you.  And after it's over, YOU'RE the one that gets kicked out of the circle, not him.  That happened to me, and fortunately, I had the luxury of experiencing the panic attack in the privacy of my own home, alone, with no witnesses to call me crazy, and no cameras.  I do believe they kept Malena for as long as they did because she was a great asset on camera, like look at the quality of women we have going out for our squad.  I think she hoped against all hope that she was going to make it, that maybe she had triumphed over her memory issues, and when she was cut, realized that all along she never stood a chance.  AND she had bright lights and cameras in her face.  I really, really feel for her.  That was brutal.

I hated her cut...they needed to do it weeks before they did.  She is beautiful but that memory got the best of her.  I love her and I hope she can conquer her memory issues and comes back to make it.   But her cut wasn't as bad as Lily who was never in the office and then BAM...gone!

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I think Malena knew when Cheryl called her off the field she was being cut.  You could see it in her expression walking across the field.

• Love 5
On 10/31/2018 at 10:08 AM, Jazzmom said:

This year I think they kept candidates longer than usual because they knew they couldn’t cut some of them before VK.  They “agonizing” decisions were based on keeping VK in training camp as long as they could, even when they knew she should be cut.

This is exactly what I thought! They couldn't start cutting people because then they would have to justify VK still being in training camp.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

And my point is it may not be enough for her personally and the other poster brought up a very valid point in suggesting that perhaps Kashara was also thanking her parents for providing financial support. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn’t.  Depending on her expenses, she may very well be able to support herself financially on those jobs.

I thought Kashara was in school for PT? How is she working full time as a preschool teacher, going to school, DCC, and barre? If she’s not working full time, I bet her parents are helping her financially... rent in Dallas can be very expensive depending on where one chooses to live.

No she says PT school is her future, post DCC plan. Not in yet.

Kashara is grateful and knows her parents really supported her in following her dreams by encouraging her to pursue her intersets her whole life. Pageants, cheer, dance, DCC, etc. She knows she's lucky to have parents, even now as an adult, who go out of their way to let her know she can achieve her dreams. Some support might be financial, some just emotional. Give the girl a break. She's thrilled her dad's cancer went into remission and she still has her parents. She's an only child and very close to her grandmother, too. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, UnicornKicks said:

No she says PT school is her future, post DCC plan. Not in yet.

Kashara is grateful and knows her parents really supported her in following her dreams by encouraging her to pursue her intersets her whole life. Pageants, cheer, dance, DCC, etc. She knows she's lucky to have parents, even now as an adult, who go out of their way to let her know she can achieve her dreams. Some support might be financial, some just emotional. Give the girl a break. She's thrilled her dad's cancer went into remission and she still has her parents. She's an only child and very close to her grandmother, too. 

Yes...thank you :) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Preach. 100% truth.

• Love 5