Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E13: Game Day

ByTor
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Fanofdcc said:

I never thought Yoko was that strong and the year sh3 made it they cut another girl that was better.  Oh well.

The year Yuko made it they had 37 girls because they weren’t sure she would get her visa.

• Love 1

Honestly, after seeing those cuts so quickly and how painful they were, I couldn’t watch the other girls cheering and feel good for them.

this just goes along with the poor editing, faked storylines and pacing this season.

I can’t believe Kelli and Judy are oblivious enough to believe that they are helping girls by cutting them the last day, even with no warnings. Maybe I should say I can’t believe they think we will believe it, it’s obviously made for tv drama.

We saw two girls cut this year that we didn’t see why and saw weaker dancers being kept. (Tara and Lily)

We saw one girl cruelly strung along because she can’t perform which was obvious for weeks.((Malena)

We saw one girl given chance to undermine all the standards we thought Kelli believed in just for favoritism and nepotism.(Victoria)

We saw one girl cut even though the guest choreographer said it wasn’t her time to go. (Dayton)

Its been a terrible season. I won’t rewatch and I doubt I’ll watch the show again. I have to buy it an Amazon and there are much better shows to watch.

I own the past seasons and I enjoy rewatching them. That’s good enough.

• Love 7

I would agree with the term MAGICAL!  It's definitely beyond any kind of logic or understanding, and I could watch it a dozen times and still not understand how it happened.  Dark magic is magic too!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ReneeK said:

Eh, I don’t really care about that and I’m black.  I like for them to pick the ladies who are doing the best without regard for their color.  Yuko is not that great.... I feel like she’s been kept on as the token Asian girl.  I hope that they didn’t keep Malena for so long bc she’s black.  I really don’t think she was strong at all and she was a bit weird actually.  She often looked uncomfortably sweaty and didn’t look entertaining (lacking smiles.) 

I didn’t notice Gina’s kick but noticed Lacey was avoiding hitting her nose ?

Same.

3 hours ago, Lona said:

I'm new to the forum and I know no one asked, but I thought I would give me two cents about this season....

Many people may call this season "awful", or "bad." Heck, I'm pretty sure I've seen the word "disgrace" used once or twice on these forums. But I disagree.
I think this season was MAGICAL. Allow me to explain myself.....

I thought think Victoria surviving episode after episode despite making mistakes, gaining weight, disrespecting Jinelle & showing constant signs of immaturity was MAGICAL.         

I thought the fact we barely got to know any of the rookies this year, DESPITE THERE BEING 16 OF THEM (16!!!), to focus on Victoria and other girls who didn't even end up making the team (Kristin, Malena) was MAGICAL.

I thought that Briana, Brennan, Erin and Madeline getting ghost edits (credit goes to whoever said those two words on the forum. I simply loved it and am using them again) was MAGICAL. Seriously. Those four were from last season, right? So naturally, you would think CMT would focus on them more because fans may have developed a connection, but NOPE. Speaking of Madeline....

I thought that Kitty calling out Madeline and Kelli and Judy treating her like an ultra diva for putting things in the wrong locker was MAGICAL (She seems like a very kind person and you could tell it really bothered her).

I thought that K&J cutting Tara (BEFORE MALENA AND VICTORIA) despite the fact they could've cut her at finals are simply ask her to not return and the reasoning behind it ("performance signals"????? WHAT???!??!?!?!) was MAGICAL. Seriously, Tara is awesome and it's their loss. I still want her to come back next year and be awesome and rub it in K&J's faces. 

I thought that a pregnant Jenn A coming back to help K&J do their own jobs and going straight for Brennan was MAGICAL. (Seriously, GO BRENNAN!)

I thought that Lily getting cut on the last epsidode without EVER being in the office ONCE was MAGICAL. I am really curious who else was on the bubble or if there was something else going on. Cause I really think Lily would've made a wonderful addition to the team.

So yes, as you can tell I thought this season was MAGICAL. I will forever be in awe of it. I'd continue on but I don't want to bore any of you and it's actually 2 a.m. where I live.

So have a good day everyone!

Lona

You're right...no one ask.

jkjkjkjk lol welcome to the forum!!!

As far as Lily, that really was questionable. We literally didn't hear her name until what..last week? It's a shame that she had to get cut on her first visit to the office. Granted, to me, she was invisible anyway (thanks CMT)..like Caroline..and Alanna.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

LOL was curious to see what all they'd show in this episode.  

Charlotte was there because Kelli and Judy wanted her to be; I don't know if they really wanted HER to be the one to announce the team but they asked her to come because she wouldn't give them 38 and they really didn't want to cut anyone else, so who did SHE think they should cut.  IIRC she said Malena and Brennan...Kelli knew she needed to cut Malena but saw more potential in Brennan than some of the others.  From what I've heard, they were down to the absolute smallest details to make final cuts and more girls than we saw on episode were considered as the cut.  I think Lily was just too under the radar this summer and that's what ended up getting her the goodbye boot.  I do feel terrible for her...Malena had to know she was bottom of the barrel but there was no one else CLEARLY obvious.  I think Lily will reaudition - she's living with girls on the team now and obviously she did well.  With so little seniority remaining next year I'd think she'd have no problem making squad next summer if she fixes the little things they mentioned. 

They were kind of Malena with what they showed of her office visit.  It was quite the meltdown. I will be surprised if she reauditions and if they'd even take herI back to camp.  I wonder if she got the nice edit because they felt bad in retrospect keeping her for ten freaking weeks and said goodbye at zero hour knowing she had no job to go back to, etc.  

I have other thoughts but for now...I love Ashlee.  I think if she stays a few years she could be another Kashara.  she has the extra pop and sass and is so pretty. 

Poor Jalyn with that first game. No wonder she got the ABBEY bear lol 

I knew that Malena was going to be the dramatic cut.  She always seemed a touch nervous when speaking & just a touch of something to me.  It was so obvious to the viewers she would not make the team early on with what we were allowed to see.  No surprise at her cut and emotions involved.

Charlotte naming Brennan as maybe a cut just kind of speaks volumes to the management wearing blinders all season.  

The job is not worth the cut throat management style to me, in my opinion. 

*The TCC’s work hard all summer & to invite someone (who may have not seen any rehearsals) to the last rehearsal and ask them to pick someone to cut is not a good way to do it.  It is cutting someone over an opinion at that moment, which may or may not show the true nature of what the dancer can bring to the team & what the dancer accomplished all summer long.  

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

LOL was curious to see what all they'd show in this episode.  

Charlotte was there because Kelli and Judy wanted her to be; I don't know if they really wanted HER to be the one to announce the team but they asked her to come because she wouldn't give them 38 and they really didn't want to cut anyone else, so who did SHE think they should cut.  IIRC she said Malena and Brennan...Kelli knew she needed to cut Malena but saw more potential in Brennan than some of the others.  From what I've heard, they were down to the absolute smallest details to make final cuts and more girls than we saw on episode were considered as the cut.  I think Lily was just too under the radar this summer and that's what ended up getting her the goodbye boot.  I do feel terrible for her...Malena had to know she was bottom of the barrel but there was no one else CLEARLY obvious.  I think Lily will reaudition - she's living with girls on the team now and obviously she did well.  With so little seniority remaining next year I'd think she'd have no problem making squad next summer if she fixes the little things they mentioned. 

They were kind of Malena with what they showed of her office visit.  It was quite the meltdown. I will be surprised if she reauditions and if they'd even take herI back to camp.  I wonder if she got the nice edit because they felt bad in retrospect keeping her for ten freaking weeks and said goodbye at zero hour knowing she had no job to go back to, etc.  

I have other thoughts but for now...I love Ashlee.  I think if she stays a few years she could be another Kashara.  she has the extra pop and sass and is so pretty. 

Poor Jalyn with that first game. No wonder she got the ABBEY bear lol 

Thanks for this. Who else was on the bubble as being the last cut?

I wish Malena had gone out with a more mature attitude -- that's not how you want people to remember you.

Ashlee kind of reminds me of Nicole Hamilton. She doesn't have much dance training, but she's willing to work hard and she has natural talent. I would also like to see her on the squad for several years.

Sounds like Brennan really needs to kill it this season, or Charlotte will be gunning for her next year.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

As far as Lily, that really was questionable. We literally didn't hear her name until what..last week? It's a shame that she had to get cut on her first visit to the office. Granted, to me, she was invisible anyway (thanks CMT)..like Caroline..and Alanna.

I remember that Lily got called out at one rehearsal for standing out (in a good way) because at that point I was like uhhh, who? I hate that there are SIXTEEN rookies who made the team this year and we barely saw any of them because we were stuck with The Victoria Show for most of the season. When Kelli was handing out the uniforms, I seriously felt like I hadn't seen most of these girls since auditions.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, soapmaniac22 said:

Between Judy crying over Lacey and Kelli making sure to hug Brennan before she went out the first time, they really got me in my feelings. I know we talk about how they don’t care about anything but the brand but man, the little things shows you how much they love and care about those girls. 

They love and care about the team running well. How much they actually care beyond a superficial emotional response, I don’t know. Maybe they care more about Lacey and Brennan because they’re known them for 4 or 5 years.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I remember that Lily got called out at one rehearsal for standing out (in a good way) because at that point I was like uhhh, who? I hate that there are SIXTEEN rookies who made the team this year and we barely saw any of them because we were stuck with The Victoria Show for most of the season. When Kelli was handing out the uniforms, I seriously felt like I hadn't seen most of these girls since auditions.

Well then I'm mistaken. But you're right about barely seeing any of the rookies. I guess my point is that she has been glossed over all season and then the one time they want to give her any real time is when they cut her.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Thanks for this. Who else was on the bubble as being the last cut?

I wish Malena had gone out with a more mature attitude -- that's not how you want people to remember you.

Ashlee kind of reminds me of Nicole Hamilton. She doesn't have much dance training, but she's willing to work hard and she has natural talent. I would also like to see her on the squad for several years.

Sounds like Brennan really needs to kill it this season, or Charlotte will be gunning for her next year.

I don't think Charlotte dislikes Brennan or wants her to fail, etc.  when they were splitting hairs in final deliberation that night they were going over everything from who is the biggest dance risk to who isn't as "HD-ready". kelli is not kidding when she says how brutal it was to take it to 36.  i know we all say ugh malena should have been ages ago but she personality and football knowledge etc were so great that kelli just had the worst time letting that go.  i can't recall now everyone who was considered...I think taylor j for some dance issues like they noted in the episode. 

Yes!! Ashlee does remind me of NIcole Hamilton, so agree!! 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

Ummm ....awkward shot. 

When you you posted this ..... It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry was dating a women that would look good one moment and then seem to look bad LOL!!!

Not that Brennan looks bad .... just different look at a different angle!

• Love 4

Feel bad for Lily but not shocked. We've seen girls get cut at the end before. Even though she didn't have a televised  office visit, she received notes. The bonus clip on CMT with her dancing with VK, Madeline and Rachel demonstrates why they cut her. She was the weakest of the 4 in that clip.

Malena's reaction was understandable. She quit her job. They kept her all season despite mistakes. She presumably thought she'd be safe since she survived this long.

The only thing I am really mad about still is Tara- that was unfair. There are still blenders and so-so dancers on this "best team ever." Tara had experience and pop even if CMT made it look otherwise.  She became defeated when she couldn't escape the bullseye and extra pressure on her (placed on her unfairly by kitty).

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Was anyone else cringing at the thought of Jalyn putting a ton of makeup on her irritated eye? ? I felt so bad for her. 

Me! I was like "..maybe you shouldn't be doing that.."

• Love 8
9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Um . . . no.  I think Kelli KNEW Brennan was going to make the squad this year.  However, if they were going to cut ANYONE this late in Training Camp (beside Malena and Victoria who both should have been cut MUCH sooner), Kelli and Judy should have cut Christina or Taylor (though I would prefer they cut Christina) instead of Lily.

Brennan, weak?  Granted, she's not the best dancer on the squad, but there are enough other girls currently on the squad that should have been cut BEFORE they ever got to Brennan, like Taylor or Christina.

I agree that barring serious reductions in quality, Brennan would make it.  Listening to the podcast,I heard Kelli and Judy repeatedly say how the regretted her cut.  I wonder if they applied a returning veteran standard to her.   If they did, they could justify cutting stronger girls.  

I am trying to rationalize her making the team against such a talented class.  I am thrilled she made it, BTW.

• Love 2

There's no way these slow mo clips were filmed on game day, they had to have been done on some other day.

Bridget is the most adorable human being ever.

Jalyn is awesome for dancing through that, barely able to see. 

The clips of the girls in the locker room with that one close up of Lacey was gorgeous.

Sad Lacey is retiring.

Rolling my eyes at Kashara's truck comment. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

There's no way these slow mo clips were filmed on game day, they had to have been done on some other day.

They definitely weren't from game day. You can see in most of the shots, they made sure not to show the stands. There were a few angled shots where you can see the seats are completely empty.

• Love 4

Anyone notice TCC Kristin in the stands during Meet the Team with her boyfriend? She was crying.

Lily was so, so sweet and handled her cut with such grace.

I did not like Ashlee from the beginning of TC. Even after make-overs she did not seem refined or par with DCC standards but shoot, that girl truly has made the biggest transformation of all the girls. She is an excellent performer!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Did Melena claim a disability and why she got so many chances????  I know you can do that at jobs now and employees have  to follow laws and accommodate you.

Wow!  Melena’s entitlement was disgusting!  I am going to remain positive and maybe Kelli left her in camp  so that she could get the entire experience should she come back.  Next year, she won’t be a camp rookie.  Know a lot of the signature dances, the process, etc.

I guess Kelli is right.  There is benefit to being cut last.

Lily??  They had notes for 10 weeks??  Why didn’t they provide her with the extra coaching and mentorship some of the other girls received????  

Yeah..but they tend to be harder in judging on comeback candidates. I can see the K & J looking at every little detail in the routine they teach 2nd round-which is her weak area. And she better have a 5 star listing of prep class she took since this aug.

Lily---wow . The whole incident reminds me of RIFs in corporate America. You just don't see the termination coming. You just hear or see someone is no longer with the company

• Love 4

I think you know if you are going to make it or not.  I am sure a lot gets film but doesn’t make the show.  We are not privy to anything.

I don’t know what the attraction to Malena was. Whether it was for TV or genuine.  Such as, they only decided to highlight the dances where she made mistakes but she did good a lot of times.  Tv, yah know!

I will add, if you plan to try out again and many do....then staying at camp as long as possible ups your chances for next time.

Even if you don’t come back, there is value to your time at camp.  You were on the reality show!  

Also, if you teach dance, you can teach DCC readiness classes and coach others.   If you made DCC friends, then you can get some perks going to the games and Cowboy events!  Not all is lost.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I agree that barring serious reductions in quality, Brennan would make it.  Listening to the podcast,I heard Kelli and Judy repeatedly say how the regretted her cut.  I wonder if they applied a returning veteran standard to her.   If they did, they could justify cutting stronger girls.  

I am trying to rationalize her making the team against such a talented class.  I am thrilled she made it, BTW.

Translation: We are not happy two of our rookies left or in one case was cut before the DCC Season was over. Alexandria left right after the season started, and Kalyssa left or was cut before the official DCC Season was over. We have been taking a lot of heat over cutting Brennan, so we decided to put her on the team. We are in serious damage control mode the last two seasons. We hope you believe our spiel.

I noticed Ashlee, Brennan and Taylor got the ole they got potential spiel from Kelli which means one or more will probably be cut at finals next year.

And thank you CMT for the forty minutes of trying to convince the viewers of how hard it is to make the team, how special it is to make the team, a girl can have a career and be a DCC at the same time, and this is best and most talented squad ever.

1 hour ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I think Brennan was as good as or not weaker than any of the other girls so knowing her, her commitment, etc., it made sense for them to keep Brennan and cut a first time girl like Lily who would likely tryout again and be the next comeback girl.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Me! I was like "..maybe you shouldn't be doing that.."

I hope nurse Lauren told her to throw out all her makeup!  I was like, pink eye is super contagious such a great girl but I wouldn't want to hold her hand when they do the circle before game!  I'm glad she got Abbey bear :)

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

If MAGICAL is the new slang for "a bunch of bull shit," then I totally agree with you.

YES. I'm going to start saying MAGICAL instead of BS. I'll start with CHRISTINA IS THE MOST MAGICAL DANCER THEY'VE EVER HAD AND HAS A MAGICAL PERSONALITY TO MATCH. 

8 minutes ago, DCCme said:

I think Brennan was as good as or not weaker than any of the other girls so knowing her, her commitment, etc., it made sense for them to keep Brennan and cut a first time girl like Lily who would likely tryout again and be the next comeback girl.

Brennan has a great bod and good dance. Not triangle level, but not bubble either. Her look is all that kept her back and she can't help her face. Still think she's prettier than Amy, Gina, Keyra, Maddie, Christina, etc. Glad Brennan made it although I think Lily was better overall. Glad they didn't do Brennan that way AGAIN. 

• Love 7

I feel bad for Jalyn. I have Chronic Dry Eyes Disease which can lead to eye infections, and dry painful watery eyes. I was sent to an eye specialist last year, and last February I ended up with a lovely eye infection in my right eye with a slightly swollen cornea. It took a few prescription eye drops and eye ointments before we finally found an ointment and over the counter eye drops that would help my poor eyes out. The first time I got an infection my eye doctor thought I had pink eye or a cold sore because she thought the cold sore virus spread to my eyes.

I agree with the one poster who cringe when Jalyn was putting on eye makeup on her affected eye. Putting on too much eye makeup can affect an eye infection, and Kelli should have known that if her dad is an eye doctor.

20 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I feel bad for Jalyn. I have Chronic Dry Eyes Disease which can lead to eye infections, and dry painful watery eyes. I was sent to an eye specialist last year, and last February I ended up with a lovely eye infection in my right eye with a slightly swollen cornea. It took a few prescription eye drops and eye ointments before we finally found an ointment and over the counter eye drops that would help my poor eyes out. The first time I got an infection my eye doctor thought I had pink eye or a cold sore because she thought the cold sore virus spread to my eyes.

I agree with the one poster who cringe when Jalyn was putting on eye makeup on her affected eye. Putting on too much eye makeup can affect an eye infection, and Kelli should have known that if her dad is an eye doctor.

If her dad is an eye doctor, she should also have known that pink eye IS an eye infection.

"It's one of two things: an eye infection, or pink eye." Lol, what?

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

So this is y'alls friendly reminder that Alanna also made the team and we didn't see her beyond being called first to get her uniform. That is a shame.

Kelli's remark about the legacies could have been removed and I wouldn't have hated the ending so much.

Thank fuck this season is over---those girls deserved so much more than they'll get.

New and Novice poster here:

This...SO AGREE!! Add whoever said they will not purchase this season, I am with you on that too 

Who else feels cheated this year. And if TPTB interprets high viewer numbers as some kind of approval or sign of "we enjoyed the show", No the Hell we didn't. It's more like not being able to look away from a train wreck happening. All the screeching of "VK storm", grinding of gears "K&J whines of ...so hard this year..", and casualties, "Dayton, Tara, &others", left a big bloody heap of #beytrayed fans & viewers in the trail of WTH brought to you by CMT.  

I can't even blame all the mess on VK. She was not the one who chose to air her clips. The entire decision-making process fell flat on its ass. An Ass they are in denial of and/or blatantly refuse to acknowledge.

• Love 4
Just now, bigskygirl said:

VK may not have chosen to air her clips, but she played a part in it when she sign up to be on the show and try out for the team.

No doubt...don't get me wrong. I am sure she was eager/insistent/encouraged to have that camera time. Or however, that bull went down. I just mean those idiots ran head straight into a misguided assumption that was going to be a fan favorite situation....uggg...like NOOOOO, not at all. My frustration is/was and shall forever be...IT WAS FORCED on us, Geez what were they thinking, abandoning their OWN legacy of the show. Disappointed is understated. I really never felt like I got a DCC MTT. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

No doubt...don't get me wrong. I am sure she was eager/insistent/encouraged to have that camera time. Or however, that bull went down. I just mean those idiots ran head straight into a misguided assumption that was going to be a fan favorite situation....uggg...like NOOOOO, not at all. My frustration is/was and shall forever be...IT WAS FORCED on us, Geez what were they thinking, abandoning their OWN legacy of the show. Disappointed is understated. I really never felt like I got a DCC MTT. 

It's possible CMT saw the potential for VK exploitation and went with it. I'm not sure they thought she was going to be a fan favorite. I think they knew viewers would talk and gripe and complain and ----viewers would keep watching because of it.

Which it seems was a correct calculation since viewer numbers are up.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Omeletsmom said:

The sound kept cutting out on my recording; why was Yuko unable to perform?

Not sure if I would say that is minor. She missed a good bit of dancing it seemed. I mean she hit her head. That sucks. I say that as someone disabled with a life-altering spinal cord injury at 6 months pregnant. She may carry that event in her body for a long time, even if unspoken. I am glad she was not more seriously hurt. How scary.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Monique said:

It sucks that Lily was cut her first time in the office but if not her then who else? To K and J she just wasn't top 36 which I get but nonetheless, I feel for Lily and hope she comes back. 

That isn’t the point.

The point is to be the last cut and have received no feedback and never been in the office — that is crappy management. It’s not like K&J have a limit on how many people they can call in the office

• Love 4
13 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I get the impression that Lily was cut to make room for Brennan.

It would have been real Sophie's choice for Kelli if VK had lost weight instead of gained. 

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

It's possible CMT saw the potential for VK exploitation and went with it. I'm not sure they thought she was going to be a fan favorite. I think they knew viewers would talk and gripe and complain and ----viewers would keep watching because of it.

Which it seems was a correct calculation since viewer numbers are up.

Sigh.....yes, you are correct. I think each person takes it in with a different perspective. For me personally, it came down to it sitting very wrong me and feeling more manipulated and forced that other past years. It seemed to go off the script of what was established as expectation before. I hear ya though. Controversy is gold in TV land.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

Exactly! CMT, Kelli and Charlotte thought it would bring in ratings, and no one would figure out what is really going on behind closed doors. You would think they learn their lessons after what happened with Jenna/Erica/Holly last year. This is a big part of the reason I am not buying oh no we regret not putting Breenan on the team last year. They were called out for what happened with Alexandria and Kalyssa leaving before the DCC Season was over, so we will play up the "regret" storyline. I have the feeling Judy did not want Breenan on the team this year either. I also read on facebook that Kelli wanted to keep Kalyssa because she was a Kelli favorite, but Charlotte told her to cut her.

This episode felt so disingenuous to me in the sense that they kept plugging prep classes. When cutting the girls instead of focusing on the critiques, they just defaulted to saying take prep classes. When they highlighted Brennan she kept saying she credits prep classes to her improvement. Just felt like another fake plug like all the segments at The Star.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Kayce said:

There isn't one person on the team with kicks like Lacey's...the only other one that had kicks like hers was Holly Powell.  Effortless and to the forehead. 

Yup, two of the best! 

• Love 2