Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E13: Game Day

ByTor
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Anothermouther said:

I saw an interview with another girl who mentioned coming from a bigger town (to me), but was lamenting not having the access to classes that other girls did, I guess those from Dallas. Made me laugh because Kashara comes from a very small town of around 5,000 people. We don’t even have a Walmart. And while her mom’s studio is amazing, there are very limited options for dance, etc

If that was Ashley interview from early in the season,  I  read into her lack of dance studio access  was for financial reasons. Yeah she is from a decent sized town but if the resources aren't there to get to or pay for the class, esp. at an advanced level, then options are limited.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

I have to say that I like Rookie Taylor J. I love that she's so tall. I think she looks elegant. I also think she's pretty; maybe not a classic DCC look, but still attractive. And she is also well spoken, though she did use the VK "no words" at one point.

• Love 5

I was sort of reprocessing all that happened this season.

BIGGEST LIE OF SEASON -SPOKEN BY KELLY HERSELF- Statement that disgusted me.

"Thankfully, she's earning the respecting of everyone in the room with this solo. I wouldn't want Victoria to have any advantage of her relationship with me through her mother" Yet at every kick and turn a blind eye was given and a deaf ear turned. 

The themes for me were

#1- Manufactured and manipulated storyline

#2- Inflammatory favoritism

#3- lack of unbiased and clear decision making from leadership

#4- Forced exposure to VK

#5- Betrayal of fan/viewer trust

For the record, I do not necessarily have an issue with VK. I did have a problem with her expectation that she be catered to. I was offended by K&C denials of favoritism. I do have a problem when any spoiled brat is tolerated and then forced onto others trying their best to fulfill responsibilities. Yes, it appears that VK was/is toxic in some settings, but she was only following the lead before her. The MOST toxic of the season was K&C.

Oh and a final note for Kelly and Kitty

#1- She's worked very hard."  AH...remember the talk with Emily when she said she was the hardest working girl out there and you, Kelly- rebuked her. Also, Kitty, hope you are reading. Stop asking girls why should they make the team and shooting them down when they say "because I am working hard". You always respond that doesn't matter, everyone is working hard. Sooooooo.....whats this about respecting someone???

• Love 13
4 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

No she says PT school is her future, post DCC plan. Not in yet.

Kashara is grateful and knows her parents really supported her in following her dreams by encouraging her to pursue her intersets her whole life. Pageants, cheer, dance, DCC, etc. She knows she's lucky to have parents, even now as an adult, who go out of their way to let her know she can achieve her dreams. Some support might be financial, some just emotional. Give the girl a break. She's thrilled her dad's cancer went into remission and she still has her parents. She's an only child and very close to her grandmother, too. 

I wasn’t criticizing Kashara..... so no need to tell me to give her a break. I was simply saying that the poster who posted that perhaps some of the support was financial had a valid suggestion. Quite frankly, I’m one of the most vocal supporters of Kashara on these boards. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think Malena knew when Cheryl called her off the field she was being cut.  You could see it in her expression walking across the field.

Yeah.  You almost got to wonder if she considered just leaving knowing she was cut - and not even going into the office cause she knew she’d break down - I mean it was the very last night of camp, not like they were calling her in to give her good feedback and telling her she had the rest of this one practice to impress them.   I also assume she knew Lily was cut at that point. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah.  You almost got to wonder if she considered just leaving knowing she was cut - and not even going into the office cause she knew she’d break down - I mean it was the very last night of camp, not like they were calling her in to give her good feedback and telling her she had the rest of this one practice to impress them.   I also assume she knew Lily was cut at that point. 

Well, I thought she was NOT getting into the golf cart, like she delayed getting into the cart.  Cheryl was already seated & waiting for her to get in and she was no where near the passenger side.  I pictured her already starting the no,no, no dance for the cart or it was a camera cut for the show...”ok, camera is ready, now walk to the cart” 

• Love 2

Malena definitely has more sympathy from me than scorn. I do think she lost it a bit and her cut definitely wasn’t her greatest moment and was uncomfortable to watch. However, I can only imagine how hard it must be to exhaust yourself for three months, quit your day job, and then get cut on the last night - knowing that this is all on tv and everyone will see you fail. It’s tough.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Malena definitely has more sympathy from me than scorn. I do think she lost it a bit and her cut definitely wasn’t her greatest moment and was uncomfortable to watch. However, I can only imagine how hard it must be to exhaust yourself for three months, quit your day job, and then get cut on the last night - knowing that this is all on tv and everyone will see you fail. It’s tough.

I agree so much. She was human, and as such, flawed. Just like the rest of us.  I am grateful for the insight you show. I can think of a few times in my life where my worst moments were hard to navigate at the time and later I would agonize over what I wished I could have done instead. Being blindsided sucks, even if everyone feels it was obvious. A dream being crushed hurts, plain and simple. Even if that dream was more like a fairytale than reality.

Didn't CMT post a message to her to come back next year? Just like they told VK to keep her chin up? What is up with that? They never posted messages to girls in the past. It felt like they sent one to her because only having sent one to VK was being questioned.

I am almost too exhausted to think about 2019 squad audition season. Yet so disappointed by this year, I don't feel like I ever got to watch a making the team show. It was too focused around a minor few,

• Love 6
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I wasn’t criticizing Kashara..... so no need to tell me to give her a break. I was simply saying that the poster who posted that perhaps some of the support was financial had a valid suggestion. Quite frankly, I’m one of the most vocal supporters of Kashara on these boards. 

Same for me.  It wasn't an insult to Kash AT ALL.  I'm a fan.  What I said was that since she didn't seem on board with her own retirement that was ONE of the possible explanations.  I also said that VK was ANOTHER possible explanation.  I have real life experiences that involve people leaving an elite team because of another toxic team member, so I think that is definitely ONE possibility.  Yes, she may have gotten along with VK face to face because as one poster said, Kash can get along with anyone.  But observing the VK effect on the rest of the team and Kelly's complete change and lack of leadership could have been enough to say "four's enough". 

• Love 2

I don't agree with Lily's sudden cut, but one thing I will say is that I never cared for how she held her mouth, kind of in an open underbite all the time. She gave off a manly expression. Caroline also looks manly, but I think it's fixable. 

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, ElenaFR said:

I think it is unprofessional to cut these ladies on the last night of camp. Cut 1-2 weeks earlier and spend the next couple of weeks getting game ready.  Also, don't cut on the day you announce the team. So akward. The last two cuts don't seem to get any love on their departure. 

while late to the party, I did manage my withdrawal by watching the last show again tonight. I agree, and NO ONE should EVER be cut the first time they are in the office unless something egregious happens, insubordination/drinking a beer in the stands (cough), not being able to perform any dances. I really felt for Lilly and it's like they were just looking for anything on her, having made up their minds. I am glad Brennan made it, and I know the magic of TV/cutting room, but Brennan did have some weaker moments than Lilly.  They should have cut Melana twice or Yuko once...pppfffftttt...I like Taylor, Lilly was a bit stronger I believe, kicks and all.

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, Holly85 said:

Amy is getting married in the off season New Year’s Eve !! Miranda said in pod cast here recently they aren’t setting a date til after she is finished with her dcc career 

isn't Lauren recently engaged as well? Lauren has a chance to rise...she may make it to point (IMHO)

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, Lexusprincess said:

Malena's cut was hard to watch.  Not that it was a surprise because she should have been cut many  cuts earlier. Malena's behavior was unprofessional.  I have no problem with lots of tears and even some gut wrenching sobs.  However, the "NO, NO, No, Don't say it" with the shaking etc.  I will not get in the debate on mental illness instead I will use the term unrealistic.  Malena was the only person ever benched from NY Jets.  The team Tara cheered for years on the field and Tara was cut.  Malena was in the office numerous times for her memory mistakes.    Malena chose DCC over a real life job when she knew she was having trouble with choreography.  Lots of trouble with choreography.  Malena may have a few bright minutes but usually stuck out in a very bad way.  Malena's one kick was low.  None of this spells DCC but they thought she looked good and has presence.   

I would first believe that Kelli would say what she did.  Go to classes.  Work hard.  After Malena's display, Kelli should have told her this is too stressful for you and your behavior on the field, in the studio, and now show you cannot handle stress. Classes I doubt would really solve her memory problems and what will change her unprofessional behavior.  The way Malena acted she could have more meltdowns.   What happens if she does not get the right spot in the triangle or she gets cut the second year if she made it. Her behavior is not something they need on the team.  After all the debate on VK's behavior, VK an entitled young 18 year old self showed so much more class and professionalism than Malena.  Malena freaks out at performance time and in the office.  

A lot of people feel sorry for her she cut her job.  Malena should have known from her Jet days she was a super long shot and stuck with the real job.  Malena is a Morgan they like the look but she can never do the job.

As to Kashara's comments, it seemed heavily edited and she has put her heart in to DCC.  She knows not to stay at the party too long and said before tryouts it was her senior year.  No way they are pushing that bright light out.  She was point girl two years in a row.  Kashara's boots will be hard to feel.  She's so real and down to earth and smart.  I wonder who all else is retiring.  Lacey will be missed.  Amy and Lexie are getting married along with Miranda who Kitty said all that trash about.  Scary for the next year.   

Malena gave K and J a big clue regarding her coping skills when she broke down as she let them know she was the first Jet to never take the field. I still don't understand the leap she took in her head thinking she would be able to take on DCC choreography after being sidelined by the Jets, and then saying that experience somehow prepared her for DCC? WHAT???  Such a red flag, followed by the HUGE red flags with her mediocre dancing skills at the start of TCC (and throughout TCC.)  Kelly did her no favors by pretending?? she and Judy did not have any idea that the Jet's sidelined her.. EVERY serious candidate comes to auditions with a full dance resume and references from previous dance teachers and the directors of teams they danced for. I assume the dance world I not that big. Someone knew what happened with Jets, and used this for a storyline. A painful and costly one at that. Boo all around.

14 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yes she is but no date has been announced yet !! 

Good! I hope she dances for two more years.

• Love 7
On 10/30/2018 at 8:35 PM, Anothermouther said:

Coming out of lurkdom to comment on this.

I know Kashara as I grew up in the same small town as her. I’m several years older so not best friends, but good acquaintances.

She is a very kind and genuine person. Even someone not biased should note that by all the peer-chosen awards she receives. She just has one of those magnetic personalities without even trying and makes everyone feel special. Her saying what she did about VK said a TON because if someone can’t get along with kashara there’s a problem! 

Anyway, about her exit.

1. I thought her interview was terribly edited. I’m sure many of you have seen other interviews with her to know she’s usually better spoken. I did think it came off somewhat strange.

2. She has said from the very beginning that 4 years was a good amount of time. Senior year and all that. She is in no way being pushed out. (If she was on the bubble, barely making it, being forced out...she would not have been made point for the second year in a row). Yes, she was emotional about it. I have been emotional about transitions even though it’s my choice. She will miss the other girls and many things about it. At the same time she is very mature and realizes that it’s a perfect time to move on to her “real life.”

Thank you for this :)  and I'm from Madison county so I'm just a hop skip and a jump away...nice to know there are others here :) 

• Love 2
On 10/31/2018 at 8:06 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I seriously hope it's not true that there are gals considering not coming back cause of VK.  She isn't worth giving up making the team again if that is their goal.  

I wouldn’t think girls would quit because of her, but I could see the VK situation pushing girls over the edge if they were already on the fence. As others have noted, it’s a tremendous amount of time, effort, and work that they put in. And after making the squad there aren’t THAT many incentives to stay. The calendar? Show group? Group leader? How long would you stay at a job that had no bonuses or merit-based pay scales? Most of these girls can make all their networking connections in 1-2 years and then trade on being DCC to get something better. Staying on the squad for years and years comes down to loving what you’re doing and feeling appreciated and that you’ve achieved something special. Let’s face it, Kelli ruined her own brand this season with how she treated Victoria. Honestly, she made it worse by constantly claiming there was no favortism when clearly it didn’t matter what Victoria did or said. I would have had more respect for them if they just came out and said they were keeping her around as a favor to her mom. That would have at least been honest. I’m sure it caused several girls to re-evaluate what DCC truly is. What’s the old saying? It takes a lifetime to build a reputation, but you can lose it in a minute. 

• Love 3
On 11/1/2018 at 12:32 PM, sATL said:

If that was Ashley interview from early in the season,  I  read into her lack of dance studio access  was for financial reasons. Yeah she is from a decent sized town but if the resources aren't there to get to or pay for the class, esp. at an advanced level, then options are limited.

That makes more sense! I grew up very poor, with zero access to anything like that, so I get that. 

Not sure if it was tricky editing or poor listening , but what I heard was "I'm from ____ which is a smaller city [with picture of city in background], and didn't have access to lots of dance classes like the other girls" so I was confused.

Thanks for sharing your research :) 

31 minutes ago, Anothermouther said:

That makes more sense! I grew up very poor, with zero access to anything like that, so I get that. 

Not sure if it was tricky editing or poor listening , but what I heard was "I'm from ____ which is a smaller city [with picture of city in background], and didn't have access to lots of dance classes like the other girls" so I was confused.

Thanks for sharing your research :) 

Im not sure if she was talking about financial issues or dance resources, but compared to Dallas, she probably didn’t have the same caliber or options of dance studios in Shreveport. Take Chattanooga, TN for instance. It’s a midsized city. There are definitely dance studios, and there may be excellent ones, but I don’t think anyone would disageee that there are not the same dance opportunities in Chattanooga as there are in NYC or LA or any major population center. That certainly doesn’t mean that there are not other girls who had even less resources than Ashlee had, but she can only speak for her experiences.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Kayce said:

Same here :) 

Hey @Kayce, or any KaShara loving fan. Do you think she will stay really active as a DCC Alumni? Any guesses out there? Or will she be the type we only get to see in the pictures other Alumni happen to post on their own pages? I am probably asking this in the wrong way. Kash just seems like a woman who will intentionally define herself post-DCC. Okay, now I know I am saying this all backwards. Hopefully, someone out there speaks fluent gibberish.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

Kash just seems like a woman who will intentionally define herself post-DCC.

Do you mean she will go live her life with good memories?

Or never be able to let go of being a DCC and not have another identity?

I think she will move right along with her life and have good memories.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, IzzyEnd said:

Hey @Kayce, or any KaShara loving fan. Do you think she will stay really active as a DCC Alumni? Any guesses out there? Or will she be the type we only get to see in the pictures other Alumni happen to post on their own pages? I am probably asking this in the wrong way. Kash just seems like a woman who will intentionally define herself post-DCC. Okay, now I know I am saying this all backwards. Hopefully, someone out there speaks fluent gibberish.

Well I guess I'm fluent LOL. You mean will she be like Holly A and Nicole Hamilton, or will she be more like Cassie or God forbid Tina Kalina and never let it die.  

Have to cut some slack though with Cassie bc her mom does work there so not like she can turn off all DCC contact even if she wanted. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Ha, I knew I was wording it wrong.

Do you mean she will go live her life with good memories?

Or never be able to let go of being a DCC and not have another identity?

But yes, how some can't seem to mentally retire from DCC and therefore unable to fully walk away. 

I think she will move right along with her life and have good memories.  

That is what I think too. I think she will be as passionate about her next phase in life as she was for DCC.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Well I guess I'm fluent LOL. You mean will she be like Holly A and Nicole Hamilton, or will she be more like Cassie or God forbid Tina Kalina and never let it die.  

Have to cut some slack though with Cassie bc her mom does work there so not like she can turn off all DCC contact even if she wanted. 

OMG Nooo, no more. ITs just too sad when someone keeps trying to relive the old days, especially when the old days were awkward to begin with.

• Love 3
On 11/1/2018 at 11:40 AM, Muckypup61 said:

I have to say that I like Rookie Taylor J. I love that she's so tall. I think she looks elegant. I also think she's pretty; maybe not a classic DCC look, but still attractive. And she is also well spoken, though she did use the VK "no words" at one point.

I'm **fairly certain she's my favorite rookie. 

**subject to change at any time without notice, though ?

• Love 2
On 11/2/2018 at 3:10 PM, Jess14 said:

Im not sure if she was talking about financial issues or dance resources, but compared to Dallas, she probably didn’t have the same caliber or options of dance studios in Shreveport. Take Chattanooga, TN for instance. It’s a midsized city. There are definitely dance studios, and there may be excellent ones, but I don’t think anyone would disageee that there are not the same dance opportunities in Chattanooga as there are in NYC or LA or any major population center. That certainly doesn’t mean that there are not other girls who had even less resources than Ashlee had, but she can only speak for her experiences.

I understand that. What I said originally that started this was just to point out that if a city like Shreveport is considered disadvantaged, then how much more amazing it is for those like Kashara who come from such a small, rural area and truly don't have those resources :) coming from a town of less than 5k makes it difficult to see a city of nearly 200k as being small or lacking in opportunity. I guess it's all about perspective.

On 11/2/2018 at 9:39 PM, IzzyEnd said:

OMG Nooo, no more. ITs just too sad when someone keeps trying to relive the old days, especially when the old days were awkward to begin with.

She may be somewhat involved. I can see that going either way as far as remaining in contact. 

She will absolutely not be a has-been constantly stuck in or trying to relive the good old days. That's just not who she is. 

• Love 1
On 11/2/2018 at 10:01 PM, UnicornKicks said:

I think Kashara has goals in mind and bigger fish to fry. I doubt she will turn up in her 40s or 50s as a DCC wannabe that thinks she still has it. *cough* Tina K. *cough*

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I think Kashara has goals in mind and bigger fish to fry. I doubt she will turn up in her 40s or 50s as a DCC wannabe that thinks she still has it. *cough* Tina K. *cough*

Like the former DCC who auditioned for the Texans cheerleaders this past year.

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Like the former DCC who auditioned for the Texans cheerleaders this past year.

She seems another who is targeting a specific group, from what I saw on her Instagram and auditioning for the Texans seemed a part of that.  I'll hold off on speaking about any issues I have with her . . . assets.

On 11/2/2018 at 8:33 PM, IzzyEnd said:

I think she will be asked to be an All Star.   She would be great in that capacity.  That being said, she did say that 4 years was long enough when talking about her DCC career.  So who knows...If she applies to PT school and is accepted immediately post DCC...then I could see her taking a pass on it.  I don't think she will be one who will let DCC consume her for years on down the line :)  

Edited by Kayce
On 10/28/2018 at 5:36 PM, kevinrm27 said:

"If you gain an excess amount of pounds off of your audition weight that we've already established which is there in your contract, that is reason for termination" - Kelli Finglass during the first training camp meeting (Season 8, Episode 3)

Forgot the *unless you’re Victoria!  

• Love 2
On 11/2/2018 at 4:10 PM, Jess14 said:

Yeah, her comment bothered me because to me it read like a combination of making an excuse and a bid for pity. I liked her, though, and I'm glad she made it. 

• Love 1