Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E13: Game Day

ByTor
  • Start Topic

What makes me sick and mad is how they heavily edit the cut scenes to make the girls look bad and to give Judy and Kelli another reason to cut the girl. Just like the cut scene of Amy in Season 7. They should be ashamed of themselves. If Victoria would have reacted the same way, I bet dollars to donuts they would not have shown it. Malena and Lily would be much better off not trying out again.

10 hours ago, Katekate said:

The last 2 cuts were brutal. That has to be a horrible feeling - being pulled off the field and driven in a golf cart down a creepy, empty corridor to a make shift office. So much time to worry and freak out.

Watching Malena become unhinged - ugh. So uncomfortable. I always thought there was something off with her. She reminds me of Reese Witherspoon in that movie...Election? Way too high strung but smiley.

Yes!!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

Her extra weight is obvious. She’s not big, she’s not large, she’s not fat, she’s lucky how she carries it, and she has lots of other positives that enables them to let it slide. But that can’t happen forever.

That's just her shape. Not extra weight. She's curvy.

She'll be an All-Star. 

• Love 9
On 10/26/2018 at 11:24 AM, UnicornKicks said:

YES. I'm going to start saying MAGICAL instead of BS. I'll start with CHRISTINA IS THE MOST MAGICAL DANCER THEY'VE EVER HAD AND HAS A MAGICAL PERSONALITY TO MATCH. 

Brennan has a great bod and good dance. Not triangle level, but not bubble either. Her look is all that kept her back and she can't help her face. Still think she's prettier than Amy, Gina, Keyra, Maddie, Christina, etc. Glad Brennan made it although I think Lily was better overall. Glad they didn't do Brennan that way AGAIN. 

But (and I honestly have no idea of Brennan’s ability) if Lily was better, they should be treating all rookies equally, and not cut a girl over another just because she’d be more likely to come back. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Wait who we talking about with mental health issues?

I believe Malena.  Several have posted they think she has mental issues after seeing her meltdown.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I got the same read on it.  Lots of talk that she was last vet called up for training camp due to weight at beginning of season.  I've noticed her struggling with it on and off.  Pure speculation on my part, but they might have nicely hinted to retire with grace or she just knows too hard for herself to maybe keep that up another year. 

I bet it has to do with something at home. Her weight? I would bet not.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 3

I think poor Malena had convinced herself that Kelli was on her side, and after the office visit where she said she was quitting her full time job, and Kelli lied to her about making the team, that she thought she would make it.   She probably felt betrayed (and she was), and realized that she had made a huge mistake picking the possibility of making DCC over a real job.     I also think that Malena realized how manipulated she had been by Kelli, and that she was only kept around for the show, not to ever make the team.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

What? No! I bet it has to do with something at home. Why does everything have to be a woman’s weight?

Maybe Kashara is just tired of all the “magical” stuff that goes on. maybe seeing how they will treat a vet. Maybe because there really is nothing left for her to prove, and it’s low pay (even with the senior pay scale for appearances). She’s also getting older and maybe wants to begin her career. DCC is an insane time sucker. She already has the “I did it”. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 14
Just now, Jesslyn said:

Maybe Kashara is just tired of all the “magical” stuff that goes on. maybe seeing how they will treat a vet. Maybe because there really is nothing left for her to prove, and it’s low pay (even with the senior pay scale for appearances). She’s also getting older and maybe wants to begin her career. DCC is an insane time sucker. She already has the “I did it”. 

Exactly. I do feel there is another reason she is leaving other than her appearance. She a fucking star.

• Love 7

Don't know Malena but i think she just had the moment of WTF JUST HAPPENED YOU DRAGGED THIS ON UNTIL THE LAST NIGHT I QUIT MY JOB AND AM EXHAUSTED. Hope it's not more than that. Just a temp freak out due to all the stress and then not getting the payoff.

• Love 12

Mr Angeltoes and I wondered (in this era of helicopter parents) if an angry mommy or daddy has called K&J and gave them hell after their little darling got cut.  "Do you know what I've spent on #@! dance lessons?!  She's as good as anyone else out there!"

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Just a temp freak out due to all the stress and then not getting the payoff.

Totally agree.  Once she gained a little more control over her emotions, she even apologized and said "that was rude."  That is what made me feel bad for her, her "holy crap, what am I doing" realization while she was completely heartbroken.

• Love 19
24 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Mr Angeltoes and I wondered (in this era of helicopter parents) if an angry mommy or daddy has called K&J and gave them hell after their little darling got cut.  "Do you know what I've spent on #@! dance lessons?!  She's as good as anyone else out there!"

You mean besides Tina Kalina? *MIC DROP*

• Love 7

I think it is unprofessional to cut these ladies on the last night of camp. Cut 1-2 weeks earlier and spend the next couple of weeks getting game ready.  Also, don't cut on the day you announce the team. So akward. The last two cuts don't seem to get any love on their departure. 

• Love 16
23 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I much prefer Cianna with curly hair. 

But I tend to think most people look best with their natural hair color and texture. 

I do too. I think it makes her spunky and helps her to stand out from the rest. So many of them have the same long hair style. Cianna's face just comes alive when she dances. She's a favorite of mine. 

• Love 13

I finally got a chance to finish the last episode. I always enjoy the finale because we get to see all of the girls enjoying their first game and look so happy. 

I will miss Lacey and Kashara. Lacey can kick like no other and just seems so nice and a good leader. I love Kashara, her personality is just electric and I like that she works hard and doesn’t take being a leader or point for granted. Her interview this episode was a little strange, I thought she should have given the “I achieved point for 2 years and am a group leader and want to go out on top” speech, I wasn’t sure what she meant by using her talents somewhere else but good luck to her.

I am so impressed with the rookies this year - Jayln, Hannah, Bridget and Cianna all seem so strong. Caroline is too but I feel like we barely met her. I wish the rookies would have gotten more air time instead of the season being the VK train wreck. Brianna is well spoken and she was hardly shown speaking all season on camera. 

Poor Jalyn’s eye, that looked painful. 

Overall, I liked the season except for VK. Sadly they let her overwhelm the season, it does remind me of the season of Morgan who I could not stand. When I rewatch that season she annoys me the whole time and I just look forward to her being cut the next year at tryouts. Unfortunately for all of us, VK will be back next year and it will start all over. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

Brianna is well spoken and she was hardly shown speaking all season on camera.

Yes! She caught my attention on media day training! Would’ve loved to see her get some more air time

also, HOW DID VK STILL MANAGE TO MAKE IT IN AN EPISODE AFTER SHE GOT CUT?! 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Newmanbritt said:

Yes! She caught my attention on media day training! Would’ve loved to see her get some more air time

also, HOW DID VK STILL MANAGE TO MAKE IT IN AN EPISODE AFTER SHE GOT CUT?! 

Where was she at in the episode? I need to know so I can have my TV Brick handy.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

I am so impressed with the rookies this year - Jayln, Hannah, Bridget and Cianna all seem so strong. Caroline is too but I feel like we barely met her. I wish the rookies would have gotten more air time instead of the season being the VK train wreck. Brianna is well spoken and she was hardly shown speaking all season on camera. 

It’s about damn time, right?

• Love 8

Stop criticizing your fellow posters. People do not have to justify their opinions.

And let's move on from the armchair diagnosing of anyone on the show, since the discussion is not proceeding civilly.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

What makes me sick and mad is how they heavily edit the cut scenes to make the girls look bad and to give Judy and Kelli another reason to cut the girl. Just like the cut scene of Amy in Season 7. They should be ashamed of themselves. If Victoria would have reacted the same way, I bet dollars to donuts they would not have shown it. Malena and Lily would be much better off not trying out again.

I think the Malena cut was “kindly” cut - I think one of the insiders said it was way worse / meltdown-y in real life?

• Love 6
On 10/26/2018 at 10:51 AM, rafibomb said:

If her dad is an eye doctor, she should also have known that pink eye IS an eye infection.

"It's one of two things: an eye infection, or pink eye." Lol, what?

I was thinking that same thing!

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, JunebugTx said:
On 10/26/2018 at 11:51 AM, rafibomb said:

If her dad is an eye doctor, she should also have known that pink eye IS an eye infection.

"It's one of two things: an eye infection, or pink eye." Lol, what?

I was thinking that same thing!

What Kelli said was "Either it's an eye infection that can be cleared up with drops or it's pinkeye."  I thought she was implying pinkeye would be pretty serious, something that wouldn't just "clear up with drops."  I also thought she was kind of mocking herself with her comment that this was coming from an eye doctor's daughter in that she really simplified the possible problem.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

When Jalyn was touching her eye, I was like, "Girl.....STOP!!!"

It was watering. I think she was wiping away the tears. Poor thing. Her eye was puffy underneath as well as on the eye/eye lid.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What Kelli said was "Either it's an eye infection that can be cleared up with drops or it's pinkeye."  I thought she was implying pinkeye would be pretty serious, something that wouldn't just "clear up with drops."  I also thought she was kind of mocking herself with her comment that this was coming from an eye doctor's daughter in that she really simplified the possible problem.

Except that pink eye is cleared up with eye drops as well ?. But I get it, hopefully it's something less serious than pink eye. Interestingly, she said it felt like something was in her eye. Would have been kind of embarassing (for the NFL doc) if she went to the eye doc & all he had to was wash it out after seeing the NFL doc & then going through the whole game with it.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

They set these girls up to be devastated and why the hell can't they have tissues. They know these girls will cry...WTH

I feel this way.  Kleenex please become a sponsor, because that is the only way they will make the effort to bring that "prop"!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Except that pink eye is cleared up with eye drops as well ?. But I get it, hopefully it's something less serious than pink eye.

Yes it is, but I think Kelli was implying "drops, bam ,problem solved" as opposed to pinkeye, the gift that keeps giving :(  I had one serious eye infection, I know what it's like, so I really felt bad for her.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, hannahbanana said:

Interestingly, she said it felt like something was in her eye. Would have been kind of embarassing if she went to the eye doc & all he had to was wash it out after seeing the NFL doc & then going through the whole game with it.

I'm pretty certain they showed Jinelle finishing using an eye wash cup on her, which should be in most large organization's first aid kits, at one point.  It looked painful (eye infection or cornea scratch) and I am glad she had such a positive attitude and soldiered on.  That is DCC dedicated!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I'm pretty certain they showed Jinelle finishing using an eye wash cup on her, which should be in most large organization's first aid kits, at one point.  It looked painful (eye infection or cornea scratch) and I am glad she had such a positive attitude and soldiered on.  That is DCC dedicated!

I'm assuming you meant Jalyn?  Otherwise I was smoking crack while watching that episode.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm assuming you meant Jalyn?  Otherwise I was smoking crack while watching that episode.

Jinetle assisting Jalyn with the first-aid kit!  Sorry!  your comment made me laugh though!

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Mardo2044 said:

Jinetle assisting Jalyn with the first-aid kit!  Sorry!  your comment made me laugh though!

Obviously I was smoking crack since I missed that shot - both times I watched.  #yikes 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Except that pink eye is cleared up with eye drops as well ?. But I get it, hopefully it's something less serious than pink eye. Interestingly, she said it felt like something was in her eye. Would have been kind of embarassing (for the NFL doc) if she went to the eye doc & all he had to was wash it out after seeing the NFL doc & then going through the whole game with it.

I’ve had pink eye, and  a few times as a contact lens wearer it was awful. My eyes are tearing just thinking of it, however, it’s not really too bad as it will almost always clear up pretty rapidly with the right medication (and you need to throw away any cosmetics you may have contaminated). Just stinks when you have to wear glasses (for at least three or four days or even more ) to see when something prevents you from wearing contacts. 

Cornea damage is worse. 

I hope for her it’s just allergies or, an eyelash or dust or just something simple ! (Like you said ^)

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I hate to even ask this, but I feel like someone will know...is VK saying anything about coming to tryouts next year or is she taking a pause?

She has said on instagram (Oct. 11) that she is trying out in 2019 again. ?

2018-10-27 19.08.26.png

Edited by hannahbanana
8 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Obviously I was smoking crack since I missed that shot - both times I watched.  #yikes 

Well, I'm not a sleuth like alot of people on here... but Jinelle was backing up and maybe? holding something and the oval shape on Jalyn's face with no makeup on the eye saying "it feels a little better" made me think Jinelle assisted her with the eye wash cup.  But I could have imagined it, I did say "think".  My eyes started watering and I was cringeing more during that than the Malena scenes so maybe I assumed.  I'd like to think they tried it, anyways. :)

Just now, hannahbanana said:

I know it's like watching a car wreck... terrible to do it but I had to ask.  

• Love 3
On 10/26/2018 at 7:37 AM, bombast said:

I could see the Malena cut from a mile away. They weren't going to choose her from the get-go. It’s damn shame she chose THIS con job over her career. Mothers and fathers, don’t let your daughters quit their jobs to become cheerleaders.

I wonder how her family felt about her decisions. Presumably she also quit the job she had in NJ to chase down the dream again in Dallas. I guess a part of them is saying she's an adult and taking the "I.m going to let her be" approach. I do wonder what she's plans to do now- find another college and another pro dance team until tryouts next year?

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I hate to even ask this, but I feel like someone will know...is VK saying anything about coming to tryouts next year or is she taking a pause?

She said she’d be back, next tryouts.  Something like”2019 tryouts will be here soon enough”

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, sATL said:

I wonder how her family felt about her decisions. Presumably she also quit the job she had in NJ to chase down the dream again in Dallas. I guess a part of them is saying she's an adult and taking the "I.m going to let her be" approach. I do wonder what she's plans to do now- find another college and another pro dance team until tryouts next year?

Idk, but I have no doubt she can find another great job she loves.  People love smart, beautiful people working for them.  I wish her all the best.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

2018-10-27 19.08.26.png

Thank you for the warning. I am expecting a better, more mature, much more dignified VK by the next audition. If she returns back as the bombastic and sophomoric girl she is now, DCCMTT has lost me as viewer.  Kelli&Judy will lose the last shred of respect I have for them currently IF they invite her to TCC. Not that my opinion matters.....it does not. BUT....if bunches of viewers feel the same way of their own volition, I am sure ratings will suffer. But, this season had high ratings, so.......

• Love 1

I’ll just chime in with an unpopular opinion. I loved this season. We got to meet almost all the rookies, personally would’ve liked to seen Brianna featured more. We got lots of good vet content, top notch choreographers, emotional cuts, redemption arcs, more behind the scenes, more dancing, previous DCC updates. I feel like they really made an effort this season to improve the show. I enjoyed every episode. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

2018-10-27 19.08.26.png

She better find out exactly what classes Erin took, and then do that. Plus start listening exclusively to NPR and maybe take a college class or two to interact with some grownups.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

"Foreign body sensation" is one of the most common symptoms of an eye infection. Along with the pain and swelling and watering and goop...

Clearly I have way too much experience with this, haha. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, go4luca said:

That might have made watching the whole season more interesting ;)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

She better find out exactly what classes Erin took, and then do that. Plus start listening exclusively to NPR and maybe take a college class or two to interact with some grownups.

Well she took all the classes Erin did. For 2 years, not one. And she wasn’t the first cut in tc, she made it all the way through. I’m sorry, but this is as good as it gets. But I have no doubt that Kelli will put her in the team next year.

• Love 6