Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E13: Game Day

ByTor
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

her foundation makes her look Muddy...there have been times where she looks like a adult "doll" due to coloring. (does not look quite human) I would have thought that would be nipped in the bud. or is it being done too her? (I thought they do their own, and makeup artists for pictures?)

Her hair is also waaaay too long, like 6 inches needs to come off.

gina is in front of Lacey in the squad photo. I’d bet she’s so pissed.  

The squad only had THREE black women. Embarrassing. 

Caroline is unattractive. Sorry!

brennan will stay for 4 years if she can make it. She kinda has to mow! 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I get the impression that Lily was cut to make room for Brennan.

I have to agree!! I think they just realized they can’t cut her again on year 4 last day again. I do like Brennon though and think she is such a role model for sticking with it so I’m excited she made it.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, bitsy123 said:

Are we not going to see the squad photo with the "bouquet of cheerleaders" this year? On one hand I miss it just because it grates my nerves every year when Kelli says that and I think I secretly enjoy thinking its so cheezy, but on the other hand, I never like that segment anyway and I'm glad we got to skip it.

This episode, and this whole season, has me so confused. I don't know how I feel about this show anymore LOL. Thank god its over in 10 minutes for another year,....

The DCC Twitter page posted the squad photo a few minutes ago.

2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

The DCC Twitter page posted the squad photo a few minutes ago.

1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

The squad photo should be burned.

Kelli desperately needs a new optometrist. 

When I can drag my eyes away from Cianna’s super long blue arm I’m sure I’ll form an opinion of the photo....

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, DCCme said:

When I can drag my eyes away from Cianna’s super long blue arm I’m sure I’ll form an opinion of the photo....

Good luck dragging your eyes away. I'll have to dig up my comments from the spoilers thread. I think I had 9 or 10 critiques for that thing. 

• Love 2

Doesn't being cut the last night mean that your dancing options for the upcoming year are limited?  I'd think by that point most of the other pro teams in the area have had their tryouts - I'm in San Antonio and I know that the Spurs and our minor league hockey team do theirs in the summer, so I'd assume the Mavericks and Stars do too.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, alt0233 said:

Doesn't being cut the last night mean that your dancing options for the upcoming year are limited?  I'd think by that point most of the other pro teams in the area have had their tryouts - I'm in San Antonio and I know that the Spurs and our minor league hockey team do theirs in the summer, so I'd assume the Mavericks and Stars do too.

Yes. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, alt0233 said:

I thought the Spurs Silver Dancers disbanded.  The Mavs, DS Ice Girls, Texas Legends dancers and AA Ice Angels all have their auditions in July/August.

4 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I thought the Spurs Silver Dancers disbanded.  The Mavs, DS Ice Girls, Texas Legends dancers and AA Ice Angels all have their auditions in July/August.

Yes, but only this year, and I think our hockey team ice girls just disbanded as well.  But my college students who were on the teams before knew about Spurs by July and Rampage by August - I'd think team managers would be aware of when the other teams were auditioning and try to keep that in mind when picking their own teams.  Kelli and Judy didn't seem to understand why getting cut last would be so bad, but if it meant that you'd lost your chance to be on any team I could understand being pissed.  Especially in the case of Malena who it's been obvious for weeks that she wasn't going to make it.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, BlackDaria said:

I wish they would have shown the squad photo day. 

Did anyone notice lacey’s Kick compared to Gina’s in the slo mo kickline at the way end?? 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I get the impression that Lily was cut to make room for Brennan.

Um . . . no.  I think Kelli KNEW Brennan was going to make the squad this year.  However, if they were going to cut ANYONE this late in Training Camp (beside Malena and Victoria who both should have been cut MUCH sooner), Kelli and Judy should have cut Christina or Taylor (though I would prefer they cut Christina) instead of Lily.

1 hour ago, ElenaFR said:

I'm a Brennan fan but she appeared weaker than Lily. Heck, Taylor seemed weak too. 

Brennan, weak?  Granted, she's not the best dancer on the squad, but there are enough other girls currently on the squad that should have been cut BEFORE they ever got to Brennan, like Taylor or Christina.

• Love 8

Why was Charlotte there?? Ugh, it's not about you, Skeletor. She's not there every night (yes, I know, neither are Kelli or Judy) but still. 

So happy for all the girls. 

Forgot to say Judy need glasses desperately. Those squinty eyes give you wrinkles, Judy! 

Edited by Ninamags
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Dang. That was fast and furious. 

Unfair for Lilly. Again, why hasn't she been given any feedback before this. Ugh. 

Ashley looked good. Loving her. 

Yeah. I know they made comments about her in the previous episode, and giving her some talking heads tonight kind of foreshadowed that she would be one of the cuts, but then they tried to fool us with all the negative comments on Brennan. Tonight they said nothing about Lilly and then BAM, you're out. I feel sorry for her because, as you said, they hadn't given her much feedback on what to improve whereas Malena was called into the office and called out on the field several times. She had to have known when they called her tonight that this was the end. We'll have to just wait and see if they come back next season. 

• Love 3

Why is Yuko the only one grabbing her tie on her shirt? Looks weird since everyone else pretty much has their thumbs in a belt loop except those on the floor... and yeah, what's with Ciannas arm...

Edited to remove pic - didn't know if I should have posted..

Edited by mngirl
  • Love 2

How do you cut someone who has never even been in the office?????? WTF. I felt terrible for Lily. 

I have never seen a candidate react like Malena. That was crazy. I wonder if quitting her job added to how upset she got. Poor thing. 

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

How do you cut someone who has never even been in the office?????? WTF. I felt terrible for Lily. 

I have never seen a candidate react like Malena. That was crazy. I wonder if quitting her job added to how upset she got. Poor thing. 

There was a woman named Amy a couple seasons ago who was also one of the last cuts and had a very similar show of heartbreak.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, DCCme said:

There was a woman named Amy a couple seasons ago who was also one of the last cuts and had a very similar show of heartbreak.

Yes,  auto Amy. I thought Malena’s was even more emotional but it’s been awhile since I’ve seen Amy’s season. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Monique said:

It sucks that Lily was cut her first time in the office but if not her then who else? To K and J she just wasn't top 36 which I get but nonetheless, I feel for Lily and hope she comes back. 

Is next year- year 5 for GL maddie?

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yep. Lost a lot. No dream job. No DCC (dream side job). Hope she didn't lose her man/pet too (if she had one) during all of this.

But she has tomorrow..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

Let me understand the timeline ..they announced the final squad during rehearsal one night and 24 hrs later the families flew/drove all day to be at the event?

Goodness how much that plane tix for how many  people from O'Hare to whichever Dallas airport on hours notice.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, sATL said:

Let me understand the timeline ..they announced the final squad during rehearsal one night and 24 hrs later the families flew/drove all day to the event?

Goodness how much that plane tix for how many  people from O'Hare to whichever Dallas airport on hours notice.

The team was actually announced on August 13th which was on a Monday meet the team was either that Friday or Saturday 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 3

Random thoughts on rewatching the episode:

There is a side shot which someone posted earlier I think and it is just such a bad/weird shot of Lily and Brennan.

I’ve liked Taylor this whole time but if they had cut her I would have understood after the clips they showed of her.

I hope Ashley sticks around.  She’s going to be great with some experience under her belt. She’s also incredibly well spoken.

I get why they cut Lily.  Still brutal to watch.

The cut with Malena doesn’t get easier to watch but it does really remind me of auto Amy’s cut which I now have to watch again. 

I wonder if Lily stuck around in the parking lot to see who else got cut...

Once Malena left the field the gig was up so maybe the Charlotte announcement was a way to make it special since it couldn’t be a surprise. 

Who was the vet that tackled Brennan? Lauren?

Madeline - big moments call for waterproof makeup...

I’m going to say it - I like Christina

The family phone calls were great!  

Lacey is only 23???!!!

Kashara just gets an extra sparkle about her when she’s really performing and not rehearsing.

Erin is the traditional DCC look to me

It’s always amazing to me that the all stars like Jinelle can step in like that and get it right

They really do look better than most squads out of the gate.

When Kashara is in uniform she has a more refined? polished? calmer? way of speaking.

Poor Jalyn is going to see that eye infection in pictures for the rest of her life. She also needed to take the makeup off her good eye to match her bad eye.  Did she perform the whole game?  I keep missing that part.

Do they all sign a boot for each other? That was my best guess for the shot of the boots with signatures on them.

Loved the Brennan Kelli hug and seeing her take the field

The dresses Kelli wore on announcement day, friends and family day, and game day were a great cut and color on her.  Good choices.

Brennan shoutout to Kitty was surprising and now I have to dislike Kitty a little less for getting Brennan to give it one more go.

Rachel really is beautiful, even if I think she needs more hair and skin tone contrast

I had to be tested and live up to that person.  Words to live by from Ashley.

I will watch this show until they stop producing this show...and then I’ll still watch the recordings (I almost said the reruns cause that’s how old I am).

Edited by DCCme
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

The squad only had THREE black women. Embarrassing. 

Eh, I don’t really care about that and I’m black.  I like for them to pick the ladies who are doing the best without regard for their color.  Yuko is not that great.... I feel like she’s been kept on as the token Asian girl.  I hope that they didn’t keep Malena for so long bc she’s black.  I really don’t think she was strong at all and she was a bit weird actually.  She often looked uncomfortably sweaty and didn’t look entertaining (lacking smiles.) 

3 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

Did anyone notice lacey’s Kick compared to Gina’s in the slo mo kickone at the way end?? 

I didn’t notice Gina’s kick but noticed Lacey was avoiding hitting her nose ?

• Like 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, CeeBeeGee said:

TEN WEEKS?! They drag this shit out for ten weeks?

That is utterly disgusting. What a colossally disrespectful waste of time. BROADWAY SHOWS are cast more quickly than that. It's just ridiculous that they waste the time of these incredibly talented dancers like that, and then pay them so little. UGH.

The Rockettes in NYC (former DCC Jacie is a Rockette) have a tryout called the “Summer Immersive.”  Probably a similar tryout but with much more girls.

I live in NYC and see girls who are trying out walking around town in their Rockettes jackets.  

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Whoever you are that pounced on Brennan when the squad was announced, I just love you.

Ashlee being at the end of the kickline: it’s big deal. She has beautiful kicks, looks great in the uniform and is adorable. I’m really happy she made the squad.

I watched in super slo mo and I’m pretty sure it was Lauren

• Love 4

Did Melena claim a disability and why she got so many chances????  I know you can do that at jobs now and employees have  to follow laws and accommodate you.

Wow!  Melena’s entitlement was disgusting!  I am going to remain positive and maybe Kelli left her in camp  so that she could get the entire experience should she come back.  Next year, she won’t be a camp rookie.  Know a lot of the signature dances, the process, etc.

I guess Kelli is right.  There is benefit to being cut last.

Lily??  They had notes for 10 weeks??  Why didn’t they provide her with the extra coaching and mentorship some of the other girls received????  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Did Melena claim a disability and why she got so many chances????  I know you can do that at jobs now and employees have  to follow laws and accommodate you.

Wow!  Melena’s entitlement was disgusting!  I am going to remain positive and maybe Kelli left her in camp  so that she could get the entire experience should she come back.  Next year, she won’t be a camp rookie.  Know a lot of the signature dances, the process, etc.

I guess Kelli is right.  There is benefit to being cut last.

Lily??  They had notes for 10 weeks??  Why didn’t they provide her with the extra coaching and mentorship some of the other girls received????  

The same thing happened in Season 6 when they focused on "Ten-year-old-Taylor"!!  (eta: and Karissa, too!)  They spent so much time harping on them and then either the last day or two, they had a blood-bath and cut girls who had never been in the office before.  They spent wayyy too much time this year with VK and Malena.

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 11

We get it!  Brennan has stalked training camp for the last 4 years!  She finally made it.  Woooo!

Brennan and Malena got too much of the storyline this season.

Give the other girls some attention, too!  LMAO

Can someone tell me what happened to the group leader from last year?  The ones that got in trouble for hanging with football players? I know one left but the other one was still DCC.  What was her name? She was really petite.  I swear she was on the first episode.

She was my favorite dancer! ;’)

• Love 1

EDIT: I really need to learn how to communicate sarcasm better ;).

I'm new to the forum and I know no one asked, but I thought I would give me two cents about this season....

Many people may call this season "awful", or "bad." Heck, I'm pretty sure I've seen the word "disgrace" used once or twice on these forums. But I disagree.
I think this season was MAGICAL. Allow me to explain myself.....

I thought think Victoria surviving episode after episode despite making mistakes, gaining weight, disrespecting Jinelle & showing constant signs of immaturity was MAGICAL.         

I thought the fact we barely got to know any of the rookies this year, DESPITE THERE BEING 16 OF THEM (16!!!), to focus on Victoria and other girls who didn't even end up making the team (Kristin, Malena) was MAGICAL.

I thought that Briana, Brennan, Erin and Madeline getting ghost edits (credit goes to whoever said those two words on the forum. I simply loved it and am using them again) was MAGICAL. Seriously. Those four were from last season, right? So naturally, you would think CMT would focus on them more because fans may have developed a connection, but NOPE. Speaking of Madeline....

I thought that Kitty calling out Madeline and Kelli and Judy treating her like an ultra diva for putting things in the wrong locker was MAGICAL (She seems like a very kind person and you could tell it really bothered her).

I thought that K&J cutting Tara (BEFORE MALENA AND VICTORIA) despite the fact they could've cut her at finals are simply ask her to not return and the reasoning behind it ("performance signals"????? WHAT???!??!?!?!) was MAGICAL. Seriously, Tara is awesome and it's their loss. I still want her to come back next year and be awesome and rub it in K&J's faces. 

I thought that a pregnant Jenn A coming back to help K&J do their own jobs and going straight for Brennan was MAGICAL. (Seriously, GO BRENNAN!)

I thought that Lily getting cut on the last epsidode without EVER being in the office ONCE was MAGICAL. I am really curious who else was on the bubble or if there was something else going on. Cause I really think Lily would've made a wonderful addition to the team.

So yes, as you can tell I thought this season was MAGICAL. I will forever be in awe of it. I'd continue on but I don't want to bore any of you and it's actually 2 a.m. where I live.

So have a good day everyone!

Lona

Edited by Lona
I suck at sarcasm lol.
  • Love 10

I always feel bad for girls who are cut on their first visit to Kelli's office (especially in light of TCCs like Victoria being called in for multiple issues being given the opportunity to address specific issues and then being given time to fix whatever problems they are having), but it's even worse to do that at the very end of training camp. Clearly all the comments that Kelli read to Lilly were just her way of justifying her cut. None of the critiques seemed that bad and for all we know, those comments could have been from the first week or two of training camp. Clearly they didn't think that she was doing poorly enough to call her into the office during the first nine weeks of training camp to tell her to work on any of those things.

Malena should have been cut weeks ago because she has been making mistakes throughout training camp. Sometimes she forgets the choreography. Sometimes she rushes. Sometimes she's behind. Sometimes she just does the wrong moves. Sometimes she knows the choreography but does it poorly.  What surprised me the most about her cut was that she has been very mature, poised, and well spoken which was one of her strengths and as soon as she realized that Kelli was about to cut her, she lost all of that and became a barely coherent wreck. She forgot all of her "yes ma'am" training and went off the rails.

• Love 13

Which episode/season was Auto Amy cut? I felt bad for Malena, I'd hate to be so upset and go through such a heartbreaking moment on television. I don't disagree with the cut but still tough to watch.

I hope next year they focus less on the drama, that was kind of a downer for me this year. So much time was wasted on that, the announcement of the final team and family night just seemed so much more rushed compared to how it felt previous seasons

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I always feel bad for girls who are cut on their first visit to Kelli's office (especially in light of TCCs like Victoria being called in for multiple issues being given the opportunity to address specific issues and then being given time to fix whatever problems they are having), but it's even worse to do that at the very end of training camp. Clearly all the comments that Kelli read to Lilly were just her way of justifying her cut. None of the critiques seemed that bad and for all we know, those comments could have been from the first week or two of training camp. Clearly they didn't think that she was doing poorly enough to call her into the office during the first nine weeks of training camp to tell her to work on any of those things.

Malena should have been cut weeks ago because she has been making mistakes throughout training camp. Sometimes she forgets the choreography. Sometimes she rushes. Sometimes she's behind. Sometimes she just does the wrong moves. Sometimes she knows the choreography but does it poorly.  What surprised me the most about her cut was that she has been very mature, poised, and well spoken which was one of her strengths and as soon as she realized that Kelli was about to cut her, she lost all of that and became a barely coherent wreck. She forgot all of her "yes ma'am" training and went off the rails.

Felt so bad because I thought they would cut her, Malena, but they kept saying that she has so much going for her. She’s the total package.   They really should have cut her before she quit her job. Oh. My gosh.  They really didn’t do a good job with that  situation.       It really reminded me of the girl they kept bringing into camp and then cutting...gracious..

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lona said:

I'm new to the forum and I know no one asked, but I thought I would give me two cents about this season....

Many people may call this season "awful", or "bad." Heck, I'm pretty sure I've seen the word "disgrace" used once or twice on these forums. But I disagree.
I think this season was MAGICAL. Allow me to explain myself.....

I thought think Victoria surviving episode after episode despite making mistakes, gaining weight, disrespecting Jinelle & showing constant signs of immaturity was MAGICAL.         

I thought the fact we barely got to know any of the rookies this year, DESPITE THERE BEING 16 OF THEM (16!!!), to focus on Victoria and other girls who didn't even end up making the team (Kristin, Malena) was MAGICAL.

I thought that Briana, Brennan, Erin and Madeline getting ghost edits (credit goes to whoever said those two words on the forum. I simply loved it and am using them again) was MAGICAL. Seriously. Those four were from last season, right? So naturally, you would think CMT would focus on them more because fans may have developed a connection, but NOPE. Speaking of Madeline....

I thought that Kitty calling out Madeline and Kelli and Judy treating her like an ultra diva for putting things in the wrong locker was MAGICAL (She seems like a very kind person and you could tell it really bothered her).

I thought that K&J cutting Tara (BEFORE MALENA AND VICTORIA) despite the fact they could've cut her at finals are simply ask her to not return and the reasoning behind it ("performance signals"????? WHAT???!??!?!?!) was MAGICAL. Seriously, Tara is awesome and it's their loss. I still want her to come back next year and be awesome and rub it in K&J's faces. 

I thought that a pregnant Jenn A coming back to help K&J do their own jobs and going straight for Brennan was MAGICAL. (Seriously, GO BRENNAN!)

I thought that Lily getting cut on the last epsidode without EVER being in the office ONCE was MAGICAL. I am really curious who else was on the bubble or if there was something else going on. Cause I really think Lily would've made a wonderful addition to the team.

So yes, as you can tell I thought this season was MAGICAL. I will forever be in awe of it. I'd continue on but I don't want to bore any of you and it's actually 2 a.m. where I live.

So have a good day everyone!

Lona

Magical doesn’t mean what you think it means.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Pickles said:

Lily had no office visits before tonight and then she is cut? That seems like she was blindsided. 

I agree, I wish I could remember but there was a girl several seasons ago and when they finally got rid of the really bad ones they just noticed her lack o pop or something like that and cut her right before team announcement.  it was hard to watch because she had no warnings or notice.  I think Lily had 4 stickers... but if I remember correctly Kelli wanted to know Lacey's? opinion  (cant remember who her GL was) and GL did choose to give her a sticker... so there were misgivings about her as far as Kelli was concerned.  Terrible though, does not seem fair to have no warning! 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

We get it!  Brennan has stalked training camp for the last 4 years!  She finally made it.  Woooo!

Brennan and Malena got too much of the storyline this season.

Give the other girls some attention, too!  LMAO

Can someone tell me what happened to the group leader from last year?  The ones that got in trouble for hanging with football players? I know one left but the other one was still DCC.  What was her name? She was really petite.  I swear she was on the first episode.

She was my favorite dancer! ;’)

Do you mean Victoria? We saw almost no comeback story for Brennan.

Are you thinking about Jenna? She retired. 

2 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I agree, I wish I could remember but there was a girl several seasons ago and when they finally got rid of the really bad ones they just noticed her lack o pop or something like that and cut her right before team announcement.  it was hard to watch because she had no warnings or notice.  I think Lily had 4 stickers... but if I remember correctly Kelli wanted to know Lacey's? opinion  (cant remember who her GL was) and GL did choose to give her a sticker... so there were misgivings about her as far as Kelli was concerned.  Terrible though, does not seem fair to have no warning! 

Kashara chose to give Lily her sticker over Victoria. Lily had 5 stickers which was more than Vet Tara, Vet Rachel and Rookie Madeline. 

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

If MAGICAL is the new slang for "a bunch of bull shit," then I totally agree with you.

Co-sign.

I go to the most Magical Place on Earth every weekend...that place is magic.

This season? This season was a bunch of bullshit, lit on fire and thrown into a vat of gasoline. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ReneeK said:

Eh, I don’t really care about that and I’m black.  I like for them to pick the ladies who are doing the best without regard for their color.  Yuko is not that great.... I feel like she’s been kept on as the token Asian girl.  I hope that they didn’t keep Malena for so long bc she’s black.  I really don’t think she was strong at all and she was a bit weird actually.  She often looked uncomfortably sweaty and didn’t look entertaining (lacking smiles.) 

I didn’t notice Gina’s kick but noticed Lacey was avoiding hitting her nose ?

I never thought Yoko was that strong and the year sh3 made it they cut another girl that was better.  Oh well.

• Love 2

Horrible person that I am, I ate up every single second of Victoria getting cut as that river of mascara flowed down her face.  But I wanted to crawl under my bed watching Malena do the whole, "No, no, no...no, please, no, don't say it!" thing.  She seems like a lovely woman, but god that was so cringe-worthy.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, CeeBeeGee said:

TEN WEEKS?! They drag this shit out for ten weeks?

That is utterly disgusting. What a colossally disrespectful waste of time. BROADWAY SHOWS are cast more quickly than that. It's just ridiculous that they waste the time of these incredibly talented dancers like that, and then pay them so little. UGH.

Agreed. Kelli and Judy have been doing this for decades. They know the formula. Between dance auditions, interviews and background checks, they can cast this squad in 2 weeks, tops.

On another note... I don’t care how persistent Brennan is, or how support they give her, there is no way in hell she’s a good dancer.

And, we all could see the Malena cut from a mile away. They weren't going to choose her from the get-go. It’s damn shame she chose THIS con job over her career. Mothers and fathers, don’t let your daughters quit their jobs to become cheerleaders.

• Love 8