Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Timmy's Poem

• Start Topic

On October 27, 2018 at 1:29 AM, Ilovepie said:

Yes I agree - I remember eating a lot of TV dinners as a kid. My kids have never seen that let alone eaten one! I think it’s funny the couldn’t figure out what to do with the grapes - why on earth would you have to “do” anything with them other than pull them off and eat them?! It’s funny that the mom took the healthiest thing in the house and turned it into something unhealthy....?

Wow, TV dinners were expensive and what "rich" people ate!  lol.  We were in Wisconsin and Mom grew a garden, so we had fresh veggies during the summer.  She also canned them for the rest of the year.  Don't remember too many fresh fruits.  We also drank Tang (blechhhhh!) because it was cheaper than OJ.

Interesting about Mom Peggy's wardrobe. Don't recall Mom wearing house dresses.  Waiting to see if Peggy wears a double-knit pantsuit.  (Mom made her own; taught us to sew too.)

Jiffy Pop!  Another "rich kid" item!!!!  lol. 

• Love 3
On 10/24/2018 at 8:50 PM, SmithW6079 said:

I laughed out loud when Timmy says to Joey, "You do a lot of bad things," and he shrugs, smiles, and says, "I keep busy" as he proceeds to help Timmy scam their mother.

The way he delivered that line was one for the ages. 

Loved the whole Timmy/Mom stand-off and increasing stakes of poem chicken.

That was masterful.  Along with the lingering mysterious fire in the basement.

• Love 2
On 11/28/2018 at 7:59 PM, Thumper said:

Jiffy Pop!  Another "rich kid" item!!!!  lol.

Agreed, and I agree with the poster on page 1 who said they had it only for special occasions.  I thought I was an abused child because my mom never once bought Jiffy Pop.  She'd make popcorn the old-fashioned way, by putting oil in a frying pan, then holding the lid on while the corn kernels popped. MMMM....now I'm craving good "homemade" popcorn like that.  I don't think I've had that in 30 years!

I agree, Knuckles, the ventriloquist dummy, was creepy. I LOLed at the "mysterious basement fire."

• Love 2