Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

ShopLC

A place to discuss ShopLC programming!

Please keep discussion of ShopLC hosts in the appropriate thread. 

Thank you.

Wish Comcast would bring this channel back. I enjoyed all the hosts snarkiness and sense of humor. They made shopping fun. Even if I wasn't shopping, they were enjoyable to watch.Now I catch them live sometimes on their website. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the ShopLC thread. I did an edited copy & paste on my post about ShopLC on another thread:

I just discovered that ShopLC sells their jewelry on Amazon. I was looking on Amazon for a black spinel ring, and looked at the Amazon list of sellers on the left side of the screen, and there was ShopLC. JTV is not listed, so I guess they do not sell on Amazon.

This is a good way for ShopLC to reach more customers. Their TV channel isn't widely available (my provider, Comcast, dropped them, and I think some other providers dropped them too). Their Amazon listings all say "sold by and shipped by ShopLC" but you'd pay through Amazon.

In my case, I'd rather go directly to the ShopLC site. I'm on their mailing list and they send me notices of discount codes and sales.

I wish Comcast would bring back ShopLC too. I miss my man Dan Dennis so much! (not)

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 1

Dan's the man,lol.  I love it when he (and many other SLC hosts) start to snark about those "other shopping channels ripoff prices and high shipping costs. The power of the snark runs rampant on Shop LC. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Dan's the man,lol.  I love it when he (and many other SLC hosts) start to snark about those "other shopping channels ripoff prices and high shipping costs. The power of the snark runs rampant on Shop LC. 

ShpLC is lean and hungry, so they're not afraid to fly the snark flag. Good for them!

• Like 2

Is Xavier the line that used to be sold on HSN years ago? Back then it was Art Deco type designs with cubic zirconia. Not a CZ fan but I love Art Deco styles, so I bought a ring and pendant from HSN. I haven't looked at the new (?) Xavier line on ShopLC yet.

• Like 2

Arrrgggghhh ... just went through cyber hell trying (unsuccessfully) to order products from Shop LC. Their website is so screwed up! It seemed to be crashing due to Cyber Monday traffic, but the problem was made worse by the user-unfriendly nature of their site.

They sent me an e-mail telling me to hurry up and order from their Cyber Monday sale, 40% off online orders with the discount code "huge40." Okay, I thought, good deal. At first I didn't notice the little tiny asterisk after the huge letters "40% off" which said "*select items" down in the flea print at the bottom of the email.

Logged in, browsed the site, found three jewelry items I wanted, put them in my cart. Then I tried to check out, and everything went wonky.

First I tried to use their option to change the default shipper, DHL, to UPS. (Have had bad luck with DHL.)  Got a 502 Gateway Error timeout. Waited, used back button, finally got back to my cart with UPS selected. But now the site had deleted my 40% discount and put full price for all three items.

Entered code again. Error message "Invalid promo code." Excuse me, SLC? You are the one who sent me the "huge40" promo code.

Tried again. Error message: "The coupon is not valid on online catalog categories beauty, loose gemstones, intimates, TLV or doorbusters, $1 Online Auction or Live TV orders." Say what? The items I ordered were NOT among the exclusions. Wanted to click Live Chat support, but message on screen sad "All agents are busy." Then the site logged me out. 

Logged back in.  One item had disappeared from my cart. Assuming it had sold out, I tried again to place order for the other two items with promo code. Error message: "Only one promotion can be applied to your cart."

Live Chat support was available again, so I clicked it, typed in my name and e-mail address in the required fields. The next required field was Order Number. Uh ... I do not have an order number because I was unable to place my order, and that is why I need your help! So I scrolled down to Submit, only to get a big nasty message box: "WARNING. E-mail address [redacted] already in use. Please enter a different e-mail address. If this is your e-mail address, we can send you your user name or let you reset your password." You assholes! Of course my e-mail is already in use!  That's because I am logged in!

Gave up, logged out. Took a break for an hour or so to cool off. Logged back in. This time I decided to remove all three items from my cart and start over. Guess what? Shop LC does not allow you to delete items from your cart. You have to "move to wishlist." So I did that, one by one, "Product is successfully moved to the default wishlist."

Moved items from the wishlist back to the cart. Tried again to place order. Message: "Only one promotion can be applied to your cart." This is when I went back to the e-mail they sent me and saw the asterisk note about the 40% discount only applying to "select items."

Okay, I had one item that qualified, with a message next to it that said "Enjoy 40% off!" But that text was not clickable. I removed (moved to wishlist) the two non-qualifying items, and tried to place the order with the "huge40" code on the one qualifying item. Same error message: "Only one promotion can be applied to your cart." GAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!

Cursing Shop LC to hell, I logged out. The promotion is good for Nov. 27 so I might try again in the morning.  Or maybe not. I have had some trouble ordering from Shop LC in the past, but nothing like this disaster. I don't have time for this kind of foolishness. There are plenty of other sites that offer discounts on jewelry.  For example, I got a 40% discount on the Barse jewelry website tonight. The Barse ordering process was smooth as silk. Shop LC, get your shit together!

Edited to add: You may ask why I didn't just call Shop LC's 800 number to place my order. The reason is that the e-mail said "online orders only." So I figured that if I tried to place a phone order, that would disqualify me from getting the 40% discount.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 1

I usually only order one order at a time online. I use the google chrome browser as the Bing always seems to be wonky with the SLC website and I have to log in numerous times.  I've never had a problem calling in to order,but sometimes( usually on days like BF or CyberMonday)   you may have to wait a couple of minutes for someone to take your order. Yes, I wish the phone orders would allow the huge discount offers that SLC allows for online ordering.  Their customer service is good, just be patient with them and let them work through it. I've had 2 times where I had to use CS, but they took care of me and appreciate my business. Good luck! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info on your experience, One4. I use Firefox on Windows 7. I use a desktop or laptop. Don't know how their ordering process performs on a mobile device.

Tried again today and finally succeeded in getting my order through with the 40% discount on the one item I wanted that qualified. Believe it or not, this time they automatically applied the discount, so I didn't have to suffer through all the "invalid code," etc., error messages.

Shop LC has improved since I first ordered from them, but they still have a long way to go to get their online ordering process up to shopping channel standards.

I will give them credit for making some big steps forward. Remember when they didn't even accept returns? That was back when they were using the name Liquidation Channel. We had several discussions about it on PTV (or was that back in the TWOP days?) and the channel owner even posted on the thread, trying (vainly) to defend the no-returns policy.  I haven't needed to return anything, but I'm glad they accept returns now.

Life~~

Dan Dennis is gone from Shop LC.  Sounds like it was not a tear filled goodbye.

Jay Feingold just died.  He was the guy that brought Xavier from HSN to Shop LC.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 3:53 PM, Coffeecup said:

Thanks for the info on your experience, One4. I use Firefox on Windows 7. I use a desktop or laptop. Don't know how their ordering process performs on a mobile device.

Tried again today and finally succeeded in getting my order through with the 40% discount on the one item I wanted that qualified. Believe it or not, this time they automatically applied the discount, so I didn't have to suffer through all the "invalid code," etc., error messages.

Shop LC has improved since I first ordered from them, but they still have a long way to go to get their online ordering process up to shopping channel standards.

I will give them credit for making some big steps forward. Remember when they didn't even accept returns? That was back when they were using the name Liquidation Channel. We had several discussions about it on PTV (or was that back in the TWOP days?) and the channel owner even posted on the thread, trying (vainly) to defend the no-returns policy.  I haven't needed to return anything, but I'm glad they accept returns now.

Argh...I feel your pain.  My experience was on the other end, having the item delivered.  Waited and waited....finally called....was told "oh you're in luck, it will be delivered today".  Blatant lie....why do they do that?  Waited another 2 days, called again, she blamed the holiday....Thanksgiving...but said it would "come soon".  Tracking number was worthless.  Another 2 days and it was delivered.  And along the way I could not log into my account. The purse is beautiful...I will keep it.  However, never again will I do business there....no matter how tempting.  I deal with attorneys and insurance companys on a daily basis.  That's aggravation enough for me.🤨 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Puddy said:

Life~~

Dan Dennis is gone from Shop LC.  Sounds like it was not a tear filled goodbye.

Jay Feingold just died.  He was the guy that brought Xavier from HSN to Shop LC.

I think Kim is gone too. She's not on the "Meet our host" page anymore and Becky has been filling in every morning. How did you hear Dan was gone? 

Edited by Pebble Puppy · Reason: That's terrible about Jay. His designs were amazing.
  • Like 2

Apparently he made an announcement Friday that he was leaving. Could be true because he took a months vacation and just got back. Sounds planned like he wanted to get paid for what he was due. Maybe they have been working him to death but it seems like something is up if Kim is gone too. Im guessing because she's not been on this week. Sounds like a shake up. I never could stand Dan anyway. He was grumpy and inappropriate.

• Like 2

Shop LC has dropped Dan from their Meet Our Hosts page. He hasn't updated his LinkedIn profile yet, still lists himself as a Shop LC employee.

I wonder if he's having some health issues, since he was gone for about a month and returned looking very thin. Or maybe he finally got burned out on shopping channel work. 

HBird, I tend to agree that Dan has been on just about every shopping channel, but was he ever on Evine/ShopNBC/ValueVision? I don't remember him ever being there, but I might be wrong.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Shop LC has dropped Dan from their Meet Our Hosts page. He hasn't updated his LinkedIn profile yet, still lists himself as a Shop LC employee.

I wonder if he's having some health issues, since he was gone for about a month and returned looking very thin. Or maybe he finally got burned out on shopping channel work. 

HBird, I tend to agree that Dan has been on just about every shopping channel, but was he ever on Evine/ShopNBC/ValueVision? I don't remember him ever being there, but I might be wrong.

I believe he was on Evine/Shopnbc. Shawn Wilsie and Karen Connelly worked there years ago with Dan after HSN. I know Shawn worked with Dan somewhere and it wasn't HSN. 

1 minute ago, hummingbird said:

@Coffeecup

way back in the day when we first had shopping channels DD was the big guy on HSN couldn't take him then 

he can't seem to retire unlike some of them 

He seems to be in a perpetual mid life crisis, afraid that everyone will forget he invented the home shopping industry. Lol

• Like 4

Id be willing to bet when Dan took that month off recently that he was in talks with QVC because he knows they are shaking things up. Dan was working 6 days a week at Shoplc AND every day he worked, he mentioned HSN by name. He would say "when I worked for HSN...". Who does that? Everyone knows you don't give free advertising to other networks by mentioning them by name. I kept thinking he was either a dumbass ( that's a given), very unhappy at Shoplc or secretly employed by HSN. Guess we will find out. Too bad he and his wife just completed a new house build.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Don't you just love how he says he's the "number one revenue producer" , not giving anyone on his team any credit? What about the host, producer, director? Dan doesn't pick the line up for the night. What an arrogant, brash, boastful person. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pebble Puppy said:

I think Kim is gone too. She's not on the "Meet our host" page anymore and Becky has been filling in every morning. How did you hear Dan was gone? 

Jay passed away Dec. 1. I looked up his obituary. It said he died unexpectedly. This is very sad. I just discovered Xavier designs. 

Edited by Pebble Puppy
  • Like 2

I believe Dan was also on the management side of things there, so perhaps he's still there but no longer in an on-air role?

Otherwise, I can't see him going to one of the big 3 shopping channels.  Same with JTV and Gem Shopping.  Perhaps one of those couple-times-a-week shopping shows which sells things like jewelry, coins, art, etc that you can find in the evenings if you have enough cable or you have a satellite dish? 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 2:36 PM, Thumper said:

Whoever this Dan guy is (before my home shopping days), from what you have said, I do NOT want him at QVC.  

I don't think you need to worry on that one 

he peaked in the early 90's

• Like 3

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I believe Dan was also on the management side of things there, so perhaps he's still there but no longer in an on-air role?

Otherwise, I can't see him going to one of the big 3 shopping channels.  Same with JTV and Gem Shopping.  Perhaps one of those couple-times-a-week shopping shows which sells things like jewelry, coins, art, etc that you can find in the evenings if you have enough cable or you have a satellite dish? 

He said he resigned but they all say that even if they are terminated. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 1:34 AM, Coffeecup said:

Arrrgggghhh ... just went through cyber hell trying (unsuccessfully) to order products from Shop LC. Their website is so screwed up! It seemed to be crashing due to Cyber Monday traffic, but the problem was made worse by the user-unfriendly nature of their site.

They sent me an e-mail telling me to hurry up and order from their Cyber Monday sale, 40% off online orders with the discount code "huge40." Okay, I thought, good deal. At first I didn't notice the little tiny asterisk after the huge letters "40% off" which said "*select items" down in the flea print at the bottom of the email.

Logged in, browsed the site, found three jewelry items I wanted, put them in my cart. Then I tried to check out, and everything went wonky.

First I tried to use their option to change the default shipper, DHL, to UPS. (Have had bad luck with DHL.)  Got a 502 Gateway Error timeout. Waited, used back button, finally got back to my cart with UPS selected. But now the site had deleted my 40% discount and put full price for all three items.

Entered code again. Error message "Invalid promo code." Excuse me, SLC? You are the one who sent me the "huge40" promo code.

Tried again. Error message: "The coupon is not valid on online catalog categories beauty, loose gemstones, intimates, TLV or doorbusters, $1 Online Auction or Live TV orders." Say what? The items I ordered were NOT among the exclusions. Wanted to click Live Chat support, but message on screen sad "All agents are busy." Then the site logged me out. 

Logged back in.  One item had disappeared from my cart. Assuming it had sold out, I tried again to place order for the other two items with promo code. Error message: "Only one promotion can be applied to your cart."

Live Chat support was available again, so I clicked it, typed in my name and e-mail address in the required fields. The next required field was Order Number. Uh ... I do not have an order number because I was unable to place my order, and that is why I need your help! So I scrolled down to Submit, only to get a big nasty message box: "WARNING. E-mail address [redacted] already in use. Please enter a different e-mail address. If this is your e-mail address, we can send you your user name or let you reset your password." You assholes! Of course my e-mail is already in use!  That's because I am logged in!

Gave up, logged out. Took a break for an hour or so to cool off. Logged back in. This time I decided to remove all three items from my cart and start over. Guess what? Shop LC does not allow you to delete items from your cart. You have to "move to wishlist." So I did that, one by one, "Product is successfully moved to the default wishlist."

Moved items from the wishlist back to the cart. Tried again to place order. Message: "Only one promotion can be applied to your cart." This is when I went back to the e-mail they sent me and saw the asterisk note about the 40% discount only applying to "select items."

Okay, I had one item that qualified, with a message next to it that said "Enjoy 40% off!" But that text was not clickable. I removed (moved to wishlist) the two non-qualifying items, and tried to place the order with the "huge40" code on the one qualifying item. Same error message: "Only one promotion can be applied to your cart." GAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!

Cursing Shop LC to hell, I logged out. The promotion is good for Nov. 27 so I might try again in the morning.  Or maybe not. I have had some trouble ordering from Shop LC in the past, but nothing like this disaster. I don't have time for this kind of foolishness. There are plenty of other sites that offer discounts on jewelry.  For example, I got a 40% discount on the Barse jewelry website tonight. The Barse ordering process was smooth as silk. Shop LC, get your shit together!

Edited to add: You may ask why I didn't just call Shop LC's 800 number to place my order. The reason is that the e-mail said "online orders only." So I figured that if I tried to place a phone order, that would disqualify me from getting the 40% discount.

Their website and App suck royally. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen this code on their home page for a %off and right next to it, a link that says "Shop now". You would think only qualifying items would be listed under that link but no, they don't do it that way apparently so people waste valuable time. They must count on people just saying "the heck with it" and buying the stuff anyway. Also, if you try to do a search for sapphires or diamonds, it will pull up simulated and lab grown. What's the point of refining your search if you still have to weed through crap you don't want? They also say they have tens of thousands of items on their website BUT they list every ring size separately instead of having a drop down menu where you select the size you want so  when you are searching jewelry, you may see the same ring several times because each size is a separate item number. Whomever does their web design is an idiot and a time waster. I'm done with them. They are owned by a company in India so they must do things differently there. I haven't had horrible luck with the jewelry but they are making changes I don't like. Seems they aren't moving forward and do things that are sneaky.

Edited by Pebble Puppy
  • Like 2

I agree that it's very frustrating and time-consuming when they list every ring size under a separate item number. I haven't seen any other site do that.

Also ticks me off when I click through one of their promotional e-mails and the first thing on their screen is a big overlay window saying "Unlock 30% savings!" It's very confusing when the e-mail said something like "35% off." The "unlock" thing is an ad trying to get you to give them your mobile number so they can send you text message ads. (If you click outside that ad, it goes away, but at first you have to sit there and figure out what they were doing.) Oh crap no, I don't want to get a bunch of text ads from them, or from any other retailer.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I agree that it's very frustrating and time-consuming when they list every ring size under a separate item number. I haven't seen any other site do that.

Also ticks me off when I click through one of their promotional e-mails and the first thing on their screen is a big overlay window saying "Unlock 30% savings!" It's very confusing when the e-mail said something like "35% off." The "unlock" thing is an ad trying to get you to give them your mobile number so they can send you text message ads. (If you click outside that ad, it goes away, but at first you have to sit there and figure out what they were doing.) Oh crap no, I don't want to get a bunch of text ads from them, or from any other retailer.

I don't give out my cell number either. Somehow I still get as many spoof calls on my cell as we did on our landline. Im about ready to not give my cell number to anyone but friends and family and just have doctor's confirm appointments through email. I believe electronic medical records is why our phone number is getting out. I don't give my SS# either.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 7:02 AM, Pebble Puppy said:

I saw his announcement on his Facebook page.

• Like 2

My cable scroll says Jewelry Selections by Dan Dennis.

Oops.

He may have selected them but he is not presenting them.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 7:02 AM, Pebble Puppy said:

Kim is on right now. She said she was under the weather.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Puddy said:

Kim is on right now. She said she was under the weather.

I saw that. Was she ever on the "Meet the hosts" page? Surely she's been there long enough to be past the probationary stage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pebble Puppy said:

I saw that. Was she ever on the "Meet the hosts" page? Surely she's been there long enough to be past the probationary stage. 

Don't assume Shop LC does what QVC does. She may have a completely different set up. They are headquartered in India and do things differently.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Puddy said:

Don't assume Shop LC does what QVC does. She may have a completely different set up. They are headquartered in India and do things differently.

Probably why they have such a high host turnover rate. You still have to follow laws and customs of the country in which you choose to do business. 

• Like 2

I saw on that horrid Qvc Community site that Dan and ShopLC had parted ways.  I was sad to hear that as I really enjoyed Dan's wit and snarkiness during his shows.  Loved to see him with Shawn Wilsie , they were funny and entertaining, plus Dan really is knowledgeable about gems and jewelry.  I enjoyed last Christmas on Dan's and Shawn's shows when Jingles the Elf was on adding to the fun. You won't ever___  find that much fun on any other shopping channel anywhere else. Maybe there are some videos from last Christmas on Youtube. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I saw on that horrid Qvc Community site that Dan and ShopLC had parted ways.  I was sad to hear that as I really enjoyed Dan's wit and snarkiness during his shows.  Loved to see him with Shawn Wilsie , they were funny and entertaining, plus Dan really is knowledgeable about gems and jewelry.  I enjoyed last Christmas on Dan's and Shawn's shows when Jingles the Elf was on adding to the fun. You won't ever___  find that much fun on any other shopping channel anywhere else. Maybe there are some videos from last Christmas on Youtube. 

I'm sorry you will miss Dan. I found him to be horribly inappropriate. He insulted his coworkers daily. I really don't understand how anyone found him funny or entertaining. Seemed like he was loosing his mind or something and no one had the guts to tell him he was embarrassing himself on live TV. But, I guess we are all different and that's what makes the world go round. 

I like Shoplc and that they have fun but Dan insulted people in order to make himself look better. He was a name dropper, he thinks he invented the home shopping industry. I've heard him give incorrect info several times about gem treatment, mines, etc. Just because he appears overly confident doesn't mean he's correct. If you listen to Karen Connelly or her ex husband, they are at least humble. They've been around as long as Dan. He's falling apart, hes mean and doesn't do anything unless he gets something in return. 

Edited by Pebble Puppy
  • Like 2

Dan unexpectedly lost a son earlier this year, so it's certainly been a tumultuous one for him.

One thing about LC that I've noted before is that it's the only shopping channel that broadcasts live 24/7, 365.  So when the other shopping channels are showing reruns or special Christmas programming, they're selling away over at LC.

• Like 3

The insults and snark that Dan directed to his co-workers was part of the act. If someone didn't watch a lot of Shop LC , they wouldn't know  that this form of sarcasm or humor between the hosts and producers,bosses etc, it's part of the schtick of ShopLC.  Sara and Dan were always __ throwing barbs at each other, but it was part of the wackiness there. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

The insults and snark that Dan directed to his co-workers was part of the act. If someone didn't watch a lot of Shop LC , they wouldn't know  that this form of sarcasm or humor between the hosts and producers,bosses etc, it's part of the schtick of ShopLC.  Sara and Dan were always __ throwing barbs at each other, but it was part of the wackiness there. 

Maybe, but calling people behind the scenes "idiots" who aren't in on the "act" or cannot participate in the wackiness is far from appropriate. He made fun of callers when he was a host at HSN too. I'm not the only viewer that thought he was throwing common sense out the window at times in an attempt to be funny. I did feel the Sarah handled him well. Most hosts were left speechless by many of his "jokes".

Edited by Pebble Puppy
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 1:34 AM, Coffeecup said:

Sounds like the same website operator that used to run valuevision. Their website was a mess. Maybe they are using old hardware/software. 

• Like 2

I will post this on QVC as well because while the forum was down, I am pretty sure I HEARD  Lisa Mason presenting on this channel. I am not positive which channel actually but pretty sure it was this one. Anyone else see that?oops just googled and apparently it was JTV. I am editing this to correct but will try to delete. don't see how to delete. sorry

Edited by mayvenne
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Besides Amazon, Shop LC products are now available via WalMart's website.

That was a smart move, since ShopLC is not carried by many cable/sat providers. It will help them reach many more potential customers. In my area, Comcast dropped them, so I can only watch live online shows on my computer, or browse the website. Don't have time to sit at my desk watching live shows, so I usually end up browsing.

• Like 2

I try and catch up on the website and watch a little of the live broadcast on Youtube.  Tonight Karen Connelly and Sarah Coutts are doing the designer, Giuseppe Perez ,A Life's Work show to honor his passing away in January of 2019.  Apparently, word of his passing didn't become public til about 2 or 3 weeks ago , so it took awhile for ShopLC to put togher GP products to show. Sad to hear GP is gone. 

• Like 2

Jay Feingold's wife was on with Xavier a few days ago.

I hope Giuseppe's line stays there.  His daughter and sister are in charge of it right now.

• Like 1