Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: A Recipe for Disaster

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, iloveit said:

Court always looks miserable.

I think Courtt looks peculiar all the time. He does not look a healthy human specimen to me. Then I saw 'Jimmy' and the layers and layers of fillers and plastic accreting to make her face look like  a Halloween mask of George W Bush. She's hiding something, or fixing something. It was too much. When she turns her head, it's the WORST. It literally looks like her bone structure moves before all the junk she's had injected over the top of it. All this bulk sticking out of her face.

And when Courtt came into the bar behind Kam, at Jeremy's photo thing, his HAIR!!! It was absolutely flat across the top of his head, like a mortar board. No wonder he looks miserable. I really believe the Westcotts send out scouts to the colleges looking for fresh blood to reinvigorate their family line. Hence Kameron: blonde, some height, major or degree in art history etc. Cos Courtt is also a shortass. 

• Love 9

These shows make me so glad I'm not part of the society crust. Having to kiss up to people to be included in events, having people judge you by your size (for the females) more than your accomplishments, being required to be at events, and having people talk about you behind your back for any small transgression, etc - all a giant no thank you! I like having a solid group of friends (I've known some of them since elementary school, and we still never got into blow out fights the way these women do).

I am glad to see happy and smiling Stephanie/Travis in her Instagram. I agree with all of you, usually these vow renewals are always bad luck. But maybe the reason is different, they aren't doing it because of a rough patch but because of this new growth and phase in their lives, and hopefully that shields them from the curse. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

@dosodog - you had posted a link from The Knot in one of the prior episode threads.  As we suspected, not real.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-dallas/lookbook/did-leeanne-locken-show-her-wedding-dress-with-fiance-rich-emberlin

I think you answered your own question, lol!  LeeAnne wants in to that worlds so she sucks up like there's no tomorrow.  Brandi, to quote Mama Dee, doesn't give a rip and does not do that.  I think that is the only fundamental difference between them.  They are both kinda crazy and insecure.

I kind of thought it was fake.  I don't think they're filming next season yet!

Why does Bravo run the crap out of everything BUT RHOD?  I have yet to see reunion part 2 repeated and so far, nada from last night.

Why are they doing this to me?!?!? And why can't my in laws call me during Shahs of Sunset?

• Love 5

D’Andra’s big show of acting like she was shrugging off what “society” thought of her was ruined when she earnestly, without an ounce of irony, told us that Kam would be the torch bearer as “matriarch” of the Westcotts. 

I have no doubt that D’Andra has shunned more than her fair share of women who didn’t live up to society’s ridiculous standards.  She probably keeps Leanne around to make herself look high class.  

I really don’t see much difference between Leanne’s crude BJ reference and D’Andra’s umpteenth mention of her glorious sex life.  

• Love 11
16 hours ago, TexasGal said:

@dosodog - you had posted a link from The Knot in one of the prior episode threads.  As we suspected, not real.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-dallas/lookbook/did-leeanne-locken-show-her-wedding-dress-with-fiance-rich-emberlin

I think you answered your own question, lol!  LeeAnne wants in to that worlds so she sucks up like there's no tomorrow.  Brandi, to quote Mama Dee, doesn't give a rip and does not do that.  I think that is the only fundamental difference between them.  They are both kinda crazy and insecure.

True - they are both crazy and insecure.  I know some women, and men who use "I don't care" as a shield against any kinds of criticism or judgement.  It is a defense mechanism and it usually means that the person is extremely insecure.  This is not how all "I don't give a fuck" people are, but most IMO.  Brandi and LeAnne both play it off but D'Andra is trying to do it now and it doesn't suit her.  She cares, a lot!

14 hours ago, queenjen said:

I think Courtt looks peculiar all the time. He does not look a healthy human specimen to me. Then I saw 'Jimmy' and the layers and layers of fillers and plastic accreting to make her face look like  a Halloween mask of George W Bush. She's hiding something, or fixing something. It was too much. When she turns her head, it's the WORST. It literally looks like her bone structure moves before all the junk she's had injected over the top of it. All this bulk sticking out of her face.

And when Courtt came into the bar behind Kam, at Jeremy's photo thing, his HAIR!!! It was absolutely flat across the top of his head, like a mortar board. No wonder he looks miserable. I really believe the Westcotts send out scouts to the colleges looking for fresh blood to reinvigorate their family line. Hence Kameron: blonde, some height, major or degree in art history etc. Cos Courtt is also a shortass. 

It's like the Westcotts are the Habsburgs, looking for a new jaw!

13 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

D’andra needs to stop hanging out with Brandi or caring what anyone might be saying about her. She should be focused on spending quality time with her husband, because YUM!

She seems to be consumed with what people think about her, and also very unhappy.  I don't understand that as she does have a great husband.  What is going on in her life that is making her angry and lashing out?

9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

D’Andra’s big show of acting like she was shrugging off what “society” thought of her was ruined when she earnestly, without an ounce of irony, told us that Kam would be the torch bearer as “matriarch” of the Westcotts. 

I have no doubt that D’Andra has shunned more than her fair share of women who didn’t live up to society’s ridiculous standards.  She probably keeps Leanne around to make herself look high class.  

I really don’t see much difference between Leanne’s crude BJ reference and D’Andra’s umpteenth mention of her glorious sex life.  

Right - she cares very much what people think, and you just know she has bitchily ostracized and shunned other society women who have not measured up.  

• Love 19
On 10/25/2018 at 4:46 PM, Mondrianyone said:

Also, that Queen Bee apron D'Andra wore reminded me of one of my favorite things about this show.  I love the three little bees that sing "good-bye, good-bye, good-bye" at the end of the closing credits.  Probably just me.

I always get a little upset when my DVR cuts off my recording before the three bees. It is very charming. 

On 10/25/2018 at 4:45 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Also when D'Andra was doing the photo shoot with her husband , she really looked pretty without all that makeup - she needs to quit with that Kabuki look.

Yes! She looked beautiful. I wish she would quit it with the dark eyes and LeeAnne would quit it with the lip liner. 

• Love 5

I am calling BS on Kam and LeeAnne's insinuation that all of Dallas society is talking about D'Andra and that it is Brandi's fault. Everything they brought up were things that happened around them, mostly LeeAnne, and with a little spin or exaggeration. How would all of Dallas know about the k-cup trick unless someone there told them, someone who seemed greatly offended by it (Kam)? And since Brandi is not part of Dallas society, as Kam gleefully reminds us, obviously Kam and LeeAnne are doing all of the talking about D'Andra. But they claim to have her best interest at heart. Vile.

• Love 14

Did anyone else notice Kameron (several times) doing the 'high finger point' that was totally unacceptable when Cary did it to her? How exactly did Jimmy find out about the kcup incident that was done in a private setting, unless Kam made sure to gossip about it? (but of course, LeAnne's grinding on the floor during the same trip is perfectly acceptable?)

• Love 13
On 10/25/2018 at 6:52 AM, Lizzing said:

It just makes me laugh that this gaggle of Dallas "society" women convened to make pedestrian fare of meatloaf with approximately a gallon of ketchup and mashed potatoes.  I am quite certain that this activity would not pass muster to get on Mrs. Astor's 400 list. LOL!

Not just Dallas but UES of Manhattan too. 

Last yr in Town & Country magazine, one wealthy  UES woman was lamenting that "she wanted a cook....not a chef"--i.e., that is somebody who could make a good meatloaf, stews, roasts etc 

They get the other fancy/rich fare at social events and dining out, but for everyday they don't want to eat that way

This is a favorite of that set for prepared food on the UES - notice, it isn't fancy, but more  comfort food-ish

https://williampoll.com/

ETA: When Ina Garten owned Barefoor Contessa in the Hamptons, her prepared food was simple too .

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 1
On 10/26/2018 at 7:51 PM, Panda Bear said:

Yes! She looked beautiful. I wish she would quit it with the dark eyes and LeeAnne would quit it with the lip liner. 

I wish she (Deandra) would quit with the horrific red lipstick!

• Love 4

I wish Kameron would start a skin care line too. I’ll have what she’s having! 

Leeanne’s BJ imitation was so crude, agreed. Just low class. Sometimes she bugs on her THs. She tries SO hard to be witty. 

D’Andra always sounds angry in her THs. What is she so angry about when she has her “insanely hot” (or whatever she said) husband jumping on her all the time?? 

Dallas society, give me a break. A bunch of stuffy and judgmental hags. I wouldn’t go near those ladies, no way in hell. 

Brandi is the one I see having a true drinking problem. She even had a glass of wine to walk around the jewelry store with Travis! Why?? She had her four month old infant in her care and felt the need to have wine right then? Okay Brandi. 

P.s. Wanted to add that I like to go out and have drinks with friends so I’m not judging that, but Brandi always seems to have a glass of wine on her, even at home caring for her small children. I’m not into that. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 8
On 10/29/2018 at 3:02 PM, Sage47 said:

I wish Kameron would start a skin care line too. I’ll have what she’s having! 

I can’t stand Kam, but her skin is impeccable. That said, I fear that any skincare line she creates would have to be pink too and I really don’t want crappy dyes on my face. And just as an FYI: she posted her extensive morning skincare routine on Instagram last week (and is going to post her evening skincare this week). She’s also answered some questions from fans in the comments about what derm she sees and what other procedures she has done (no fillers, just forehead Botox once a year to keep lines from setting).

I don’t follow her on Insta, but I do like to pop by her page from time to time to (silently) snark. I guess she’s still in that “love to hate” category for me. But man, I do love a good skincare regime so I have to give her credit. I still can’t figure out what is actually going on beneath the layers of antioxidant serums and pink of this Stepford wife with a dream. I keep hoping we’re going to find out she’s a real girl after all!

• Love 4

I think that Brandi is developing a drinking problem, too.  I also felt the same about Stephanie in season one, but she seems to have stopped the day drinking around the kids. Around here (as I am sure it is in other places besides Leawood, KS and Dallas), it's commonplace for young SAHMs in the "upper" income brackets to hang out together all day and drink wine while the kids are at daycare and school. They even joke about trying not to appear too buzzed in the carpool like when it's time to pick up the kids.  One mother finally realized what an awful practice it was and quit drinking altogether. Her friends quickly ostracized her. It's not random gossip, as the woman who had the courage to quit was featured in an article in a local magazine. 

Brandi needs to dial it way back, especially if the adopting of the baby isn't finalized.  Making the leap from "harmless" day drinking to full-blown alcoholism isn't difficult.

If D'Andra has alcoholism in her family, then she needs to be careful. I believe that to addictive behavior is an inherited trait.  I haven't seen anything in D'Andra's behavior that suggests she has a problem, unless there is more to what LeAnne has been strongly hinting at. 

• Love 4
On 10/24/2018 at 8:16 PM, princelina said:

So we get a glimpse of another Dallas "society" person everyone should fear - this week it's the unfortunately named "Jimmy", who for all her power and money couldn't buy a decent plastic surgeon.  Interesting how the tallest little girl in the world drops the baby talk when she's genuinely pissed :D

My Grandma’s name was Jimmy ?. She was born and raised in Louisiana. The sweetest, kindest woman I’ve ever known. 

She always wished her name was Jamie, I think it must be some sort of regional thing. 

Anyway, I haven’t commented on this show in a long time. I also noticed how she drops the “voice” when she’s mad. If I were her, I would be embarrassed for my MIL to see me on television the way she acts. 

• Love 1

I don't think Stephanie suffers from mental illness as much as she suffers from being an example of what happens to women when they don't make a life of their own. I have a few sisters who suffer from this "illness" too. They know they can't live the lives to which they have become accustomed on their own. That makes for insecurities, especially when the marriage isn't going very well. Add Stephanie's baby voice--which, I'm sorry, can't be real--and it's clear what is happening. The woman has never grown up. Find your big-girl voice and find your spine and get on with the business of life. Jeebus.

• Love 2
On 10/31/2018 at 4:39 PM, CharlizeCat said:

I think that Brandi is developing a drinking problem, too.  I also felt the same about Stephanie in season one, but she seems to have stopped the day drinking around the kids. Around here (as I am sure it is in other places besides Leawood, KS and Dallas), it's commonplace for young SAHMs in the "upper" income brackets to hang out together all day and drink wine while the kids are at daycare and school. They even joke about trying not to appear too buzzed in the carpool like when it's time to pick up the kids.  One mother finally realized what an awful practice it was and quit drinking altogether. Her friends quickly ostracized her. It's not random gossip, as the woman who had the courage to quit was featured in an article in a local magazine. 

Brandi needs to dial it way back, especially if the adopting of the baby isn't finalized.  Making the leap from "harmless" day drinking to full-blown alcoholism isn't difficult.

If D'Andra has alcoholism in her family, then she needs to be careful. I believe that to addictive behavior is an inherited trait.  I haven't seen anything in D'Andra's behavior that suggests she has a problem, unless there is more to what LeAnne has been strongly hinting at. 

So this would be a good place for the PD to hang out so they can cite folks for driving under the influence.  Nice that moms are drinking before picking up their kids and getting on the road with the rest of society.  

• Love 3

Leanne: Stop trying to insinuate that D'Andra has a drinking problem.  One instance of day-drinking does not an alcoholic make.

D'Andra: Stop maligning your friend's engagement on national TV.  That's shady as shit.

Cameron: That "helpful" conversation with Jimmy and D'Andra was extremely weird, and if I were D'Andra, I'd be offended too.

Brandi: You stirred the pot and then sat back and watched it bubble over.  You're at about a Tamra Judge level of evil now, but I have to begrudgingly admit you play the game well.

Cary: "Should I go to Copenhagen?  Should I bring "my girlfriends"?"  Ugh.  Bravo.  Just tear down the fourth wall already.  It's all so contrived.

Stephanie:  Meh.

• Love 7
On 10/25/2018 at 8:37 AM, ghoulina said:

I'm 5'4 and weigh 127 lbs. This is after 3 kids. I'm nearing 40 and smaller than all of my sisters, so most people around me would consider me "thin". However, I wear a size 10-12! So I'm sure Dallas society would find me morbidly obese. It's just insane. 

Sizes are so interesting!  I'm 5'3" and around 145 lbs, and I'm between an 8 and a 12 depending on the designer.  I have a lot of muscle tone and big boobs so maybe that accounts for the difference -- but it's so weird!  At one point in my life I was quite fit and on a severely restricted diet, as I was competing in a semi-professional sport, and I was still an 8.  According to some of the folks over on the RHOOC board, that's "plus sized."  Eeek!

It made me sad to hear Dee refer to D'Andra's "weight problem."  D'Andra is no Cameron, but she doesn't at all look like someone who has a weight problem to me.  And even if she was heavy as a kid, why not just encourage her to be healthy and fit?  Ugh.  We have such issues around food in this country.

• Love 2

Brandi needed another child like she needed a hole in her head, and she’s not handling it well - that’s what makes me think there might be something more to Bruin’s paternity (as others here have suggested).

• Love 4