Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: A Recipe for Disaster

• Start Topic

Cary plans a trip to Denmark; Stephanie prepares for Travis' trip to Harvard; Mama Dee invites Kameron, LeeAnne and D'Andra for a day of Southern cooking; Kameron's mother-in-love offers advice to D'Andra leading to an ugly showdown.

Airs October 24, 2018.

Mama Dee always seems dressed for a funeral (in black). 

That was a lot of ketchup in the meatloaf. Never knew about the sexing of peppers. Which is sweeter, does anyone know? 

I’m already sick of the rehashing of who does and who doesn’t have alcoholism. It might be the editing but it seems to me that Brandi is the biggest drinker. 

• Love 10

Crud, I missed the whole cooking segment.

Leeanne, please lose that tiara thingie you wear in some of the your talking heads.

Stephanie -- NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  Don't you know that vow renewals are the Kiss of Death on RH shows???!!!!!!

I do not understand the allure of jewelry that is $$$$$.  (Steph's husband's purchase for her.). I just don't get it or appreciate it.  Was not raised that way.  I'd rather have a spa day!  lol

• Love 8

It was an attack dog food Barbie and the people who are talking are you. only you know about the cup thing or the her being “wild” with brandy thing.  YOU dog food Barbie are the one flapping your gums to your “friends”. And how exactly did she disrespect her mother in law? Kam is the one that brought her into a situation that she had no business being in to talk shit about Brandi then gets offended when she’s asked why she did that? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 12

Mama Westcott needs to lay off the plastic surgery.

Cary’s face when D’Andra and Cam were arguing at the bar was me.  This is so dumb.  D’Andra - either you care what people say about you or you don’t.  Behave accordingly.  Cam - who might have been talking in “society” about D’Andra holding a K cup in her butt?  Because apparently Brandi doesn’t have the right connections to be the one to tell anyone important about that.

I’m sort of shocked that the ladies hung out in Deep Ellum.  It’s kinda gritty.

• Love 8

Ohhh, I get it now.  Kameron is hypersensitive about everything that happens to her (whether it actually happened or not), but no one else is allowed to be sensitive (D'Andra).  And then the flounce.  Such a dramatic bitch.  This is also another instance where I don't understand that Kameron has aligned herself with Leanne (all those shots of Kameron nodding her head with those pursed lips in agreement with whatever Leanne is saying) but Brandi must be kept at a distance 'cause she's so dangerous?

In the previews for next week - Stephanie, I really like you, but come on, you don't know where Copenhagen is?  

• Love 14

This show is such a roller coaster. I'm totally on LeeAnn's side with D'Andra. I don't think LeeAnn was trying to insinuate D'Andra is an alcoholic. I think she was just concerned because Brandi parties super hard. I think they had been day drinking before that event; and I imagine that quite shocked LeeAnn.

That being said, I really felt for D'Andra at the cooking party. It came off like an episode of intervention, the way Kam and her MIL were lecturing her. Do people really take life that seriously??? I mean, with LeeAnn it felt like genuine concern. Those broads were just serving up some self righteous lectures. Fuck that.

And then D'Andra can't even mention how her feelings were hurt and Kam loses her shit, because the Westcott matriarch must not be maligned!!! Give me a break. 

P. S. That meatloaf looked nasty. I put tomato sauce in mine, instead of ketchup; but even so - way too much ketchup.

P. P. S. I'm surprised Mark is totally cool with Cary going on vacation without him.

Final thought - I think *I* may need help, because I'm starting to actually enjoy Mama Dee!

• Love 12

I hope the LeeAnne/D'Andra fallout doesn't ruin Jerry and Rich.  I enjoyed their special moment.  

That was pretty much all I got to see.  Love my in-laws.  Got to figure out a way to gracefully get off the phone during Bravo time.  

hangs head in shame, they're the loveliest people and I did stay on the phone for the show, but my mind kept wandering. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Leeanne, please lose that tiara thingie you wear in some of the your talking heads.

Stephanie -- NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  Don't you know that vow renewals are the Kiss of Death on RH shows???!!!!!!

I do not understand the allure of jewelry that is $$$$$.  (Steph's husband's purchase for her.). I just don't get it or appreciate it.  Was not raised that way.  I'd rather have a spa day!  lol

First thing I thought, too!!  I give that marriage another nine months before they announce their divorce.  Even though I did get a smile watching Stephanie's husband hug her from behind at D'Andra's husband's picture reveal. 

I hope that we're wrong because I like Stephanie!  

2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Cary’s face when D’Andra and Cam were arguing at the bar was me.  This is so dumb.  D’Andra - either you care what people say about you or you don’t.  Behave accordingly.  Cam - who might have been talking in “society” about D’Andra holding a K cup in her butt?  Because apparently Brandi doesn’t have the right connections to be the one to tell anyone important about that.

I’m sort of shocked that the ladies hung out in Deep Ellum.  It’s kinda gritty.

I mentioned in last week's thread ~~ Jimmy Westcott looks like she's trying to plastic surgery herself into Jocelyn Wildenstein's Texas twin ~~ scary looking!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 14
51 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I like Stephanie but I'm getting a bit tired of how hard it's going to be when her husband is away for six weeks.  Girl, you got resources.  You're rich.  It's not the worse thing in the world.

I'm sick of the Leeanne/D'andra fight. 

This whole Dallas society thing with Jimmy and Kam is just sooo.....  If you are a confident person, you don't give a crap about what other people say.  I'm with Momma Dee on this.  And Kam's  valley girl accent drives me crazy.  Sorry Kam but your manner of speaking isn't classy or high society.

I don't know if it was in a talking head or during the show - Kameron said "fer suurrre"....and I got all cringe-y!!   

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 6

MALAKOFF, TEXAS IN DA HOUSE!  They were at Cedar Creek Lake and I live ON Cedar Creek. My ranch is not too far from there. I really like watching this show to try and figure out from where they might be filming in the DFW area. This is RR's stomping ground. 

Where the hell was the cooking lesson on fried pies? Drooling over here!

If I was a betting woman I would put money down that Dee, her best friend and Jimmy were born and raised in East Texas. They all sound like East Texas people-they can be mean and jelly.

That mural in Deep Ellum that Jeremy photographed was painted over not too many days before the 4th of July and the one year mark of the 5 Dallas officers being shot down during a protest march last year. One of those officers was my husband's beat partner when he was a cop in Dallas, so it was heart wrenching to see it removed.

The ketchup could have used a bit more meatloaf, just sayin. Blech!

• Love 11
11 hours ago, dosodog said:

I hope the LeeAnne/D'Andra fallout doesn't ruin Jerry and Rich.  I enjoyed their special moment.  

That was pretty much all I got to see.  Love my in-laws.  Got to figure out a way to gracefully get off the phone during Bravo time.  

hangs head in shame, they're the loveliest people and I did stay on the phone for the show, but my mind kept wandering. 

Yeah, like my husband and me (when I missed the whole cooking session).   Giggle.  High five, @dosodog!

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

I like Stephanie but I'm getting a bit tired of how hard it's going to be when her husband is away for six weeks.  Girl, you got resources.  You're rich.  It's not the worse thing in the world.

I'm sick of the Leeanne/D'andra fight. 

This whole Dallas society thing with Jimmy and Kam is just sooo.....  If you are a confident person, you don't give a crap about what other people say.  I'm with Momma Dee on this.  And Kam's  valley girl accent drives me crazy.  Sorry Kam but your manner of speaking isn't classy or high society.

She drives me absolutely bonks.   The superiority complex is my biggest pet peeve of all, but since her claims to fame are the family she married into and the SELLING of PINK DOG FOOD, said complex seems especially flimsy.    

Gag me with a (silver) spoon!!  ?

• Love 15

Cary’s parents seem cute. It was interesting that Mark said it seemed like the best conversation they ever had. Let’s give Cary’s dad a mini talking head like Dee so we can hear his side of the story. Also, why is the video intro of Cary so old with her long hair?

I think Stephanie’s anxiety about Travis leaving has more to do with her mental health and lack of self confidence rather than just whining.  Hopefully she gains confidence while Travis is gone. 

I was to know more about Best Friend Marion.

What did Jimmy look like when she was younger? I have no idea from her current look.

I love the three talking heads dedicated to the ketchup and D’Andra sneaking something off the tray.

Let’s invite Kameron’s former friend who is unacceptable to Jimmy to be a new housewife.

I agree that it is sweet that Travis carried Bruin around the store.

Court always looks miserable.

As we all have asking the whole time, why is Leanne acceptable to the charity scene but Brandi is embarrassing? 

Wow, Kam sure was a grade A bitch.   What in the hell was that reaction? DAndra didn’t attack her in any way. I think she is ultra scared that Jimmy will see that and perceive that Kam wasn’t defending her enough so she overreacted to make sure she was seen as 100% on Jimmy’s side. D’Andra really needs to take Dee’s advice.

• Love 17

It just makes me laugh that this gaggle of Dallas "society" women convened to make pedestrian fare of meatloaf with approximately a gallon of ketchup and mashed potatoes.  I am quite certain that this activity would not pass muster to get on Mrs. Astor's 400 list. LOL!

This Copenhagen ruse is just too damn thin.  They just need to cut the BS across all the cities and call it the cast trip.  We all know that's what it is and no one is the least bit fooled.  That's the one thing OC got right this year--just say y'all want to go somewhere and end it.  No reason to rope Cary's dad into the plot and make us all speculate that she married Mark because he's as cold and withholding as her father.

• Love 11

D'Andra was on a Sirius talk show not long ago, talking about her weight.  Basically saying that if you're above a size 2, you're considered obese, and she has to work hard to stay at a 6.

I'm in Houston, and I do get involved in a lot of the charity-world type stuff that's shown, and she's absolutely correct.  I struggle to stay in an 8-10, and I'm considered a "larger gal".  Most of these women, even well into their 60's/70's, stay at 0-2 through SoulCycle, veggie plates, and vodka/soda's.

I'm very familiar with the "Jimmy's" of the charity world.  There are certain women who just....own the city.  BTW, Jimmy just sold their home in Dallas for $12 million.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, TexasGal said:

She looks like a wax figure of her son with a wig on.

8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I don't know if it was in a talking head or during the show - Kameron said "fer suurrre"....and I got all cringe-y!!   

She also said "fashion-ihsta" instead of "fashion-eesta". 

2 hours ago, iloveit said:

I think Stephanie’s anxiety about Travis leaving has more to do with her mental health and lack of self confidence rather than just whining.  Hopefully she gains confidence while Travis is gone.

Yea, she mentioned him learning all these new things and becoming more worldly, and not wanting to return home to his ditzy wife. I really do not get the impression that she thinks highly of herself at all. She probably often wonders what she brings to the table. 

20 minutes ago, Sterling said:

D'Andra was on a Sirius talk show not long ago, talking about her weight.  Basically saying that if you're above a size 2, you're considered obese, and she has to work hard to stay at a 6.

I'm in Houston, and I do get involved in a lot of the charity-world type stuff that's shown, and she's absolutely correct.  I struggle to stay in an 8-10, and I'm considered a "larger gal".  Most of these women, even well into their 60's/70's, stay at 0-2 through SoulCycle, veggie plates, and vodka/soda's.

This isn't news to me, yet I always find myself so flabbergasted when I hear stories like this. I'm 5'4 and weigh 127 lbs. This is after 3 kids. I'm nearing 40 and smaller than all of my sisters, so most people around me would consider me "thin". However, I wear a size 10-12! So I'm sure Dallas society would find me morbidly obese. It's just insane. 

D'andra has been on my last nerve this season, but I think she's gorgeous. I found it really sad that she was dieting in 4th grade. It's got to be such a struggle to live in a place where down-home, butter-heavy cooking is the norm, but everyone you see at the damn cocktail party could float away on a stiff breeze. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, iloveit said:

As we all have asking the whole time, why is Leanne acceptable to the charity scene but Brandi is embarrassing? 

IMO it is because LeAnne is a kiss ass brownnoser who is willing to do most anything to help a charity (and make a good impression for herself) whereas Brandi could care less about kissing up.  

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

D'andra has been on my last nerve this season, but I think she's gorgeous. I found it really sad that she was dieting in 4th grade. It's got to be such a struggle to live in a place where down-home, butter-heavy cooking is the norm, but everyone you see at the damn cocktail party could float away on a stiff breeze

The funniest thing is, all these charity events are food-related.  Every single one of them.  Always catered by the finest restaurants.  Yet I watch as women push food around their plate while sipping their champagne (only 90 calories) or vodka/soda.  I'm always like.....are you gonna finish that???

The other truth is that you're only "good" in this world as long as your pockets are open.  D'Andra said that, and it's so true.  I get "invited" to share tables all the time (as in, multiple times per week), and the lowest $ amount is usually $250.  And up from there.  Yes, the money goes to great causes, but I'm always sitting there, like, why can't we just skip this event, and everyone sends their $250 directly to the charity?  Hmmmm?  I've stopped going to so many and doing just that.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, Pickles said:

MIL Jimmy is just bizarre looking. I could not stop looking at her face. I didn't need to see LeeAnn imitating how she gives a blow job. Stay classy.

^^^ OMG all of this.  That LeeAnn imitation was just.....awful.  She couldn't have just said "Keeping an intimate life is so important", or something else?  Um, nope, ya carnie-trash.

And yeah, I see the extreme Botox/Filler/blowfish lips all the time at my events.  Many, much worse than Jimmy.  It's literally so hard to talk to some of these people, as I'm just searching their face for some sort of movement.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Lizzing said:

This Copenhagen ruse is just too damn thin.  They just need to cut the BS across all the cities and call it the cast trip.  We all know that's what it is and no one is the least bit fooled.  That's the one thing OC got right this year--just say y'all want to go somewhere and end it.  No reason to rope Cary's dad into the plot and make us all speculate that she married Mark because he's as cold and withholding as her father.

This. I hate the fakery that goes on with how these trips come about. If this was not a Bravo sanctioned trip, I keep thinking while Cary goes on and on about how this trip to Copenhagen will bring her closer to her dad, is that maybe she should bring her dad and not these women. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Misslindsey said:

This. I hate the fakery that goes on with how these trips come about. If this was not a Bravo sanctioned trip, I keep thinking while Cary goes on and on about how this trip to Copenhagen will bring her closer to her dad, is that maybe she should bring her dad and not these women

You know, this is a really good point.  We all know how this is a Bravo-production based trip, but if it's truly about connecting with her Danish heritage, plus the fact that she'd really love to get closer to her father, this would be a great storyline.  It could just be Cary and her dad (and maybe her mom), meeting her Danish relatives.  

Still a great storyline, without the obligatory drunk/shopping/high heels on a long plane flight/arguments that she'll have with whoever she brings from this cast of non-friends.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

MIL Jimmy is just bizarre looking. I could not stop looking at her face. I didn't need to see LeeAnn imitating how she gives a blow job. Stay classy.

And yet, LeeAnne thinks that SHE is classier than someone who has a few drinks at lunch and shows up tipsy to ONE charity function!!! 

• Love 20

I seriously thought Jimmy Westcott was Kam’s husband wearing a Halloween costume!!!!

If my Mother in Law told me I couldn’t be around someone (Brandi) because society looked down on them, I would tell her to stick it where the Dallas sun don’t shine. ( regardless of how many luxury homes she dangles in front of me). 

Is the Dallas charity scene truly that cliquey and judgmental?! Seems like a hypocritical dichotomy. 

Interesting that Brandi knew Travis even before he met Stephanie. Too bad we didn’t know that back when Stephanie and Brandi had their falling out. Adds another layer. 

Mama Dee’s “best friend” Marion seemed a bit more than a friend......?

Edited by Juliegirlj
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Yeah that was too much for me.   Definitely not classy.  I am no prude and definitely not part of any charity society in Dallas but can't imagine that  is more desirable behavior than over-indulging in alcohol.  

1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

I seriously thought Jimmy Westcott was Kam’s husband wearing a Halloween costume!!!!

If my Mother in Law told me I couldn’t be around someone (Brandi) because society looked down on them, I would tell her to stick it where the Dallas sun don’t shine. ( regardless of how many luxury homes she dangles in front of me). 

Is the Dallas charity scene truly that cliquey and judgmental?! Seems like a hypocritical dichotomy. 

Interesting that Brandi knew Travis even before he met Stephanie. Too bad we didn’t know that back when Stephanie and Brandi had their falling out. Adds another layer. 

Mama Dee’s “best friend” Marion seemed a bit more than a friend......?

I had no idea Jimmy was her MIL or even why she was there til Kam mentioned it.    I am guessing that this is a way for Kam to have more story line only and to bring her MIL onto the TV show.  I would be willing to bet that most of these ladies who lunch REGULARLY have cocktails at lunch, at the country club afterwards, at bars/restaurants, and at home on the regular.  I bet many of them have drivers so they don't get DUIs.   But I bet MANY of them do drink -- but maybe are more reserved in their drunkenness.  

Also - we did know that about Brandi knowing Travis -- he is her husband's long time BFF.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, iloveit said:

Cary’s parents seem cute. It was interesting that Mark said it seemed like the best conversation they ever had. Let’s give Cary’s dad a mini talking head like Dee so we can hear his side of the story. Also, why is the video intro of Cary so old with her long hair?

I was to know more about Best Friend Marion.

What did Jimmy look like when she was younger? I have no idea from her current look.

I love the three talking heads dedicated to the ketchup and D’Andra sneaking something off the tray.

Let’s invite Kameron’s former friend who is unacceptable to Jimmy to be a new housewife.

Court always looks miserable.

Wow, Kam sure was a grade A bitch.   What in the hell was that reaction? DAndra didn’t attack her in any way. I think she is ultra scared that Jimmy will see that and perceive that Kam wasn’t defending her enough so she overreacted to make sure she was seen as 100% on Jimmy’s side. D’Andra really needs to take Dee’s advice.

I completely agree about Stephanie.  She’s not being dramatic for the camera, she seriously lacks confidence.  I applaud her openness about suffering from mental illness.  

I don’t see a divorce with Stephanie.  I’m in the minority, but I really like Travis.   If you follow her on Instagram, he appears to be a very involved dad.

very interesting to hear how long he and Brandi had known each other.  We don’t see a lot of connections as deep as the ones on this show often, but Stephanie and Brandi’s friendship has always been unique in the franchise.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I found this interesting too - and Travis was very sweet and comfortable with Bruin.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Thumper said:

Why do they want to do a vow renewal?  I guess I just don't get them at all, but it seems to usually be a couple's last grasp at the marriage.  

12 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I was just glad there was limited Brandi this episode.

That was the best part of the episode.  Whenever someone said "Brandi couldn't make it..."  I was like - nice.

6 hours ago, iloveit said:

I like Travis and he does seem to be a hands-on dad.  He does seem to like to show off, but he probably thinks that is what the show is all about.  I don't like him always making sure we ALL heard the price of the ring!  Like, we don't really care, dude.

Kam's husband won me over last episode when he said he used to be a fat kid.  I like him a lot, too.  Actually I like all of the husbands except for Mark.  

I actually love Kam - I think she is being silly and valley-girl on purpose, but I think she is a good friend to LeAnne.  D'Andra is losing me more and more each episode.

I think Mama Dee wants to be a housewife.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I think Mama Dee wants to be a housewife.

Do they Normally give "friends" "mothers" of housewives this many talking heads or screen time? are they trying her out to see if she could be a full time housewife next year?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, ghoulina said:

This show is such a roller coaster. I'm totally on LeeAnn's side with D'Andra. I don't think LeeAnn was trying to insinuate D'Andra is an alcoholic. I think she was just concerned because Brandi parties super hard. I think they had been day drinking before that event; and I imagine that quite shocked LeeAnn.

That being said, I really felt for D'Andra at the cooking party. It came off like an episode of intervention, the way Kam and her MIL were lecturing her. Do people really take life that seriously??? I mean, with LeeAnn it felt like genuine concern. Those broads were just serving up some self righteous lectures. Fuck that.

And then D'Andra can't even mention how her feelings were hurt and Kam loses her shit, because the Westcott matriarch must not be maligned!!! Give me a break. 

P. S. That meatloaf looked nasty. I put tomato sauce in mine, instead of ketchup; but even so - way too much ketchup.

P. P. S. I'm surprised Mark is totally cool with Cary going on vacation without him.

Final thought - I think *I* may need help, because I'm starting to actually enjoy Mama Dee!

I like ketchup, I use it for sloppy joes too.  when it cooks down, it has a totally different taste.  

• Love 3

RE Kam's MotherInLaw - I thought it was Pery from RHOC!

I love how D'andra thought she was going into this whole cooking thing with all sorts of backup, and they all pretty much told her that she was in the wrong. LOL.  Did she really need a storyline so bad that she had to ruin a decades long friendship?  She is coming off really bad this year.

Count me in with the people who were relieved that Brandi wasn't very visible in this episode.  

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Sterling said:

The funniest thing is, all these charity events are food-related.  Every single one of them.  Always catered by the finest restaurants.  Yet I watch as women push food around their plate while sipping their champagne (only 90 calories) or vodka/soda.  I'm always like.....are you gonna finish that???

My first thought is - where does all the wasted food go??? :(

14 minutes ago, SweetPotato said:

I liked the pillow at Marion’s house that read:

”Press button for maid service

(•)

If no one answers, do it yourself”

I need a pillow like that.

I kind of want a spin-off of Marion and Mama Dee. 

Leave Jimmy at home, though. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Do they Normally give "friends" "mothers" of housewives this many talking heads or screen time? are they trying her out to see if she could be a full time housewife next year?

Maybe they realized that Leanne, Jeremy, and Jeremy’s son seem to adore Mama Dee and they wanted to give her a chance to clap back at the Mommie Dearest image D’Andra gave her?  Or maybe the producers are as sick of D’Andra as I am and decided she’s the scripted villain this season. 

• Love 6

Obviously Brandi must be pretty bad if they accept Leanne and not her in the charity Dallas society world. Leanne is for sure a kiss ass but must be something besides her drinking that they don’t like about Brandi.

Not that I would ever want to be in that world tho because it sounds horrible and boring the way they are describing it on the show. Bunch of rich jerks who think they are better then everyone. 

Brandi needs to get some new material for her jokes in her talking heads.

I don’t know how D’andra thought it would go telling Kam she thinks Kam and her MIL teamed up to attack her. Let it go and move on.

I used to really like D’andra last season but she really isn’t coming off well lately.

Leanne needs new makeup or something cause she looks yellow a lot.

I feel like Stephanie thinks Travis is gonna cheat on her and that’s why she’s freaking so much about him going for s month. The vow renewal is not a good sign but I wish them the best.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I can't think of any mothers who get a talking head.  Maybe Tamra's rat-faced mother in RHOC?

I think if Mama Dee wants to be a housewife, Andy may try to make that happen, he loves her.  I actually really hope it doesn't!

I have started to use her "I don't give a rip" expression, but it sounds better with her accent.

7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

And yet, LeeAnne thinks that SHE is classier than someone who has a few drinks at lunch and shows up tipsy to ONE charity function!!! 

Brandi has no class.  Her "humor" is to tease people and embarrass them.  When she put dog poop on the table or whatever, that was to make other people uncomfortable.  She is so excited to exclude people, or make them feel bad about themselves.  Making fun of Leanne because she doesn't have a family - FUCK OFF Brandi!

I actually can't believe that Stephanie, who is a kind person actually likes her at all.

1 hour ago, Marley said:

Obviously Brandi must be pretty bad if they accept Leanne and not her in the charity Dallas society world. Leanne is for sure a kiss ass but must be something besides her drinking that they don’t like about Brandi.

There is nothing about Brandi that would make them like her.  She's gross, and a mean girl.  

• Love 19

What I am trying to understand is why Kameron is on Leanne's side of acting all  "society" - sure DAndra did a crotch drop shot, but she was just around the girls in Jimmy "Waxface" Westcourts retreat, yet Leanne grinding on the floor in the bar in public is ok ?  

Also when D'Andra was doing the photo shoot with her husband , she really looked pretty without all that makeup - she needs to quit with that Kabuki look.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I can't think of any mothers who get a talking head.  Maybe Tamra's rat-faced mother in RHOC?

Did Mama Joyce get some on RHofA? I seem to remember that she did, but I gave up on that one a few years back.

Last night I liked two husbands I haven't had much use for in the past.  I thought it was very sweet of Mark to prompt Cary's father to say that he was moved by her effort to connect with the Danish part of the family, rather just than that his father would've been moved by it.  I also started seeing Travis's onetime to-do lists in a different light.  If Stephanie has always been so self-disparaging--and I think she probably has--maybe that was his way of trying to help her focus and replacing the constant feeling of being overwhelmed with a kind of one-task-at-a-time approach, which was basically what he said last night, that you do everything in stages to keep from being swamped.  Anyway, I'd like to think his intentions were good.  It's hard to find a way to help someone whose first instinct is to always feel defeated before even trying.  And I agree that he was adorable and comfortable with Bruin, which suggests the kind of father he's been to his boys.

Also, that Queen Bee apron D'Andra wore reminded me of one of my favorite things about this show.  I love the three little bees that sing "good-bye, good-bye, good-bye" at the end of the closing credits.  Probably just me.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Sterling said:

The other truth is that you're only "good" in this world as long as your pockets are open.  D'Andra said that, and it's so true.  I get "invited" to share tables all the time (as in, multiple times per week), and the lowest $ amount is usually $250.  And up from there.  Yes, the money goes to great causes, but I'm always sitting there, like, why can't we just skip this event, and everyone sends their $250 directly to the charity?  Hmmmm?  I've stopped going to so many and doing just that.

Exactly - which is why no one would "give a rip" if they heard Deandra was dropping k-cups out of her butt as long as she keeps writing the checks.

• Love 4

@dosodog - you had posted a link from The Knot in one of the prior episode threads.  As we suspected, not real.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-dallas/lookbook/did-leeanne-locken-show-her-wedding-dress-with-fiance-rich-emberlin

2 hours ago, Marley said:

I think you answered your own question, lol!  LeeAnne wants in to that worlds so she sucks up like there's no tomorrow.  Brandi, to quote Mama Dee, doesn't give a rip and does not do that.  I think that is the only fundamental difference between them.  They are both kinda crazy and insecure.

• Love 6