Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: Behind the Scenes

Bourdain’s relationship with his crew, the team that traveled with him and slogged through the trenches, was like no other in his life. In this episode the people who made Parts Unknown select moments from their episodes and pull back the curtain to talk about collaboration, creative freedom, moments when Bourdain had their back or called them out, the times when he was caught off guard or forgot the cameras were even there.

Original air date: 10/28/18

Wow, I would have thought there would be more comments on this episode.  I have often thought about the team Tony left behind and what their next step might be.  I think it would be a shame if they couldn't stay together on another project, but seeing here how Tony was the force that tied them all together, it wouldn't be the same.  He was their life force.  The ending was specifically designed to bring on tears, and it was successful in my case.

It was an interesting hour to say the least. That they touched on three of the most notable episodes IMHO, Tokyo, Congo, and Antarctica, was a pleasant surprise. And I don’t think I’ll ever think about fluffy egg salad sandwiches without remembering those antidotes in this hour! That was hilarious!

Edited by theschnauzers

I always love behind the scenes stuff, so I knew I would love this episode (even if he were still alive). I loved hearing about all the mishaps and various anecdotes about traveling and filming. The egg sandwich debacle is probably a lot funnier to the crew in hindsight than it was at the time, but I loved hearing about it. I also loved that they sent a cameraman with the guy who went to find the sandwiches.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:06 PM, biakbiak said:

I was kind of surprised there wasn’t much Zach given that he was the crew memeber who was featured most on the show.

If we are to believe what has been circling around online for months now, Zach and Asia has a disagreement during the Hong Kong shoot, opened his mouth to Tony about her, and he was fired. Not sure how much of what I've read is true, but it seems incredibly plausible. 

On October 30, 2018 at 12:27 AM, Yeah No said:

Wow, I would have thought there would be more comments on this episode.  I have often thought about the team Tony left behind and what their next step might be.  I think it would be a shame if they couldn't stay together on another project, but seeing here how Tony was the force that tied them all together, it wouldn't be the same.  He was their life force.  The ending was specifically designed to bring on tears, and it was successful in my case.

I haven't been able to watch the show after the  Bali episode where they ended the show with a cremation and Tony comments about the best way to end anything is on a beach.