Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Traitor

• Start Topic

And dayum, a stint in the underworld did Cheyenne Jackson a world of good. I mean, the guy's hot anyway, but John Henry after resurrection was smokin'.

It's funny.  When they first brought him back, I thought the kind of bouffant-style they had with his hair looked awful, and the lighting really brought out his age.  However, he looked a thousand times better during the witch burning scene when he was wearing the hat, and was dressed in all black. 

• Love 8

I didn't see anyone mention this, but it seemed they had a very pointed reaction shot of BD Wong when one character was expressing  something as being "like those procedural TV shows." It stood out to me because I still think of him as the Law and Order guy.

• Love 9

I’m just confused. Being dead doesn’t seem to be much of an obstacle. Perhaps they are going to bring back the six (actually seven) billion people who died in the nuclear war? 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

I’m just confused. Being dead doesn’t seem to be much of an obstacle. Perhaps they are going to bring back the six (actually seven) billion people who died in the nuclear wear? 

That seems just as likely as anything else at this point. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, WednesdayAddams said:

She mentioned that she she paid her due or whatever to basically give up her powers and become a famous celebrity. That she wanted nothing to do with witches or anything like that. As for the memory spell.... I don't know. She seemed to remember being a voodoo queen before Cordelia shows up while having her interview with Michael. 

Yes, and as much as I love Angela Bassett on 9-1-1, I wish she would come back so we don't have to have Adina Porter and her cold dead eyes...

But aside from my dislike of her as an actress, here's my problem with this character - this just isn't making any sense at all. And I am not asking for this show to make *a lot of sense* I just want some bare semblance of a storyline. I don't need this to be terribly clever, I like Stephen King novels for god's sake. I just need it to try. 

So, Diana? Is that her name? Adina Porter's character, is in the outpost theoretically after buying in, *with her apparently gay son* who has not been seen in the flashbacks, and she does remember being a witch/voodoo priestess. Whatever the time frame is - and I judge it to be about ten years after the events of Coven based on Mallory dropping in episode one or two that she'd been with Coco for ten years - thats really not enough time for Diana to go from relatively unknown voodoo priestess to well known tv personality (remember, the DNA teens recognized her from tv)

And why doesn't she remember Coco and Mallory? She *does* remember being a witch.

I also think that the multiple roles for different  actors schtick is just irritating and overdone here. It's one thing for actors to play different roles in different season. It's just annoying to see them playing different characters in the same season.  It's also weird the things we aren't seeing - for example, where was Kyle in the Coven flashbacks?

• Love 11

Not only is it confusing to have the same actors play different characters because the characters all look so similar, but what's with making Evie some faded Hollywood starlet and Bubbles...some faded Hollywood starlet? Why hide/protect Mallory instead of using her to stop Michael before the bomb goes off in the first place?

Also, prediction: knowing he might die, Michael will impregnate someone. Calling back to his one on one with Gallant, he mentions that they know how to retrieve genetic material from men without intercourse but still need a womb to carry the child "for now." Then therels the email on the laptop Kyle and Emily found that mentioned something about gestation. The tweens on social media are all abuzz about a Michael sex scene in episode 8, and many of the teasers all have a gestating fetus/newborn/womb imagery.

Fun twist? Michael impregnates one of the witches.

• Love 6

At least things are moving along nicely. I missed Michael but at least Cordelia and the coven took out Meade, Ariel and Baldwin in style though.

Mallory being the Supreme feels predictable, so there has to be more to it than we've seen so far. I'm liking Coco a lot more in these flashbacks as well as Queenie and Zoe.

Glad John and Behold are on the side of the witches here.

Bubbles is a delightful character, loved her scenes with Madison and Myrtle. I hope the show doesn't waste the character.

Nice scenes with Dinah and Cordelia at the start of this episode. Liked the reappearance of Papa Legba and Nan in this one too, 8/10

• Love 2
On 10/24/2018 at 8:06 PM, ShadowHunter said:

Yawn I am getting tired of Coven 2.0. 

This. I mean, I have to be fair - I got tired enough of Coven 1.0 that I didn't finish watching it, so clearly I knew that this season might be a challenge for me since it was going to crossover with Coven. But I didn't realize that meant it would be Coven with some other stuff thrown in occasionally. Having the apocalypse stuff for an episode or two just to go back and do all of this is pointless. Usually when an episode of tv opens with some crazy scene and then jumps back to "24 hours ago" or whatever, it's because they couldn't figure out a way to make the story exciting/interesting enough told in a standard way - they needed some sort of hook to get the audience interested at all. This is the same thing, except it's episodes long and I don't have faith it's all going to be worth it in the end.

Something I did like: when they pulled together John Henry's ashes and Myrtle said "I remember him being taller."

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Yes, and as much as I love Angela Bassett on 9-1-1, I wish she would come back so we don't have to have Adina Porter and her cold dead eyes...

And why doesn't she remember Coco and Mallory? She *does* remember being a witch.

I would love Angela Bassett to come back as I don't watch 9-1-1. Were Coco and Mallory around in the flashbacks with Diana/Adina? I'm already losing track now of who knows who.

2 hours ago, sashayshante said:

Also, prediction: knowing he might die, Michael will impregnate someone. Calling back to his one on one with Gallant, he mentions that they know how to retrieve genetic material from men without intercourse but still need a womb to carry the child "for now." Then therels the email on the laptop Kyle and Emily found that mentioned something about gestation. The tweens on social media are all abuzz about a Michael sex scene in episode 8, and many of the teasers all have a gestating fetus/newborn/womb imagery.

Fun twist? Michael impregnates one of the witches.

This is what I was getting at last week. The email stated that there was another failed attempt at gestating a fetus. With your theory, maybe someone with powers, a witch can carry the new demon child? I just don't see why the show made it a point to talk about procreating and showing that email for it to never be brought up again. And what about the perfect DNA couple? Why were they even there if he was just going to kill them? As of now, we really could have done without the first episode plus most of the Coven stuff. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WednesdayAddams said:

And what about the perfect DNA couple? Why were they even there if he was just going to kill them?

I think once he encountered Witch Mallory, he wanted everyone killed before she could expose him as the Antichrist.

1 hour ago, WednesdayAddams said:

The email stated that there was another failed attempt at gestating a fetus.

There's also the scene where Michael was annoyed with Venabale for imposing a no sex rule in the Outpost. Then there were the snakes aka Michael appearing in Emily's room. At the very least, Michael wanted somebody to have sex.

• Love 4

I wasn't thrilled with this episode as it was more just a setup episode for the end game.  But i was excited to see Nan return, if only in a cameo.  I thought it would have sucked if she was the only witch from Coven kept out of this party.

• Love 2

Like I said earlier, why did they even bother with all the stuff with the bunker and the grays and purples and all of that? It seems like it was all basically pointless, to set up the stakes for the witches handling everything. Its like a flashback within a flashback within a flashback! 

I am enjoying the season though, and it is kind of fun to see all of the past characters and elements from the different seasons all showing up. Yeah, its shameless fanservice, but at least its better than just being bored and grossed out by random stuff, like we have had in previous seasons. I am hoping that we have had enough of the cameos though, and we can hopefully get to the actual plot for real. 

Cheyenne Jackson is back, and looking better than ever! 

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Roxie said:

I feel pretty stupid for asking this, but who was the Traitor?

Ariel for having a hand in Cheyenne Jackson's death? The Warlocks for coming up with a plan to kill the witches when they should be working together? Bubbles for mind reading and learning dark secrets from the Warlocks? 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, SHD said:

I didn't see anyone mention this, but it seemed they had a very pointed reaction shot of BD Wong when one character was expressing  something as being "like those procedural TV shows." It stood out to me because I still think of him as the Law and Order guy.

Bubbles mentioning that they might recognize her from the silver screen or some of those police procedural shows.  Would have been funny if she had said, "or a nighttime soap where I played a rich bitch."  I think for the finale Joan Collins needs to wear a dark wig and shoulder pads.

• Love 5
On 10/25/2018 at 12:48 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

I loved Coven, so it's no surprise I've loved all of this season except the first two episodes. I wasn't crazy about the Murder House episode either, but that's only because I didn't care for Murder House, tbh... It was worth it to see Jessica Lange again though. She is phenomenal. I only wish she couldn't briefly reappeared as Fiona somehow.

I'm happy Joan Collins got a better character to play. All I'm left wondering now is how Coco is going to fit into all of this?

I'm enjoying the witches, too. Constance was the best thing about the previous episode. You already expect, "I was born to be a mother" setting it all up, but I'd forgotten how good she is. 

I also enjoyed no Michael, or Evan (I do like the actors, but I'm not interested in Michael). I'm ready for them to kill him, if that's what's coming. Loved Mallory bringing John Henry back, and his being the one to set fire to those who arranged for him to be killed. Also loved Joan Collins reading their minds/souls. 

So if Mallory can bring a man back to life from dust, I guess she can somehow save the world. Is she Myrtle's daughter?

• Love 5
On 10/26/2018 at 12:40 AM, RedheadZombie said:

So why was Coco somewhat sweet in this episode?  She certainly isn’t in the present. 

I found Madison likeable this episode.

I guess it's the memorys spell,  they haven't touched the future since the rezzing of the witches.

• Love 2
On 10/25/2018 at 11:40 PM, RedheadZombie said:

So why was Coco somewhat sweet in this episode?  She certainly isn’t in the present. 

She definitely WAS likeable here, I agree, and I think it's because she used to be very self-aware. Like, she knew her powers were a bit silly, but she just kind of embraced it and realized there was a niche market for her particular set of skills </liamneeson>. 

1 hour ago, Stallion12 said:

I guess it's the memorys spell,  they haven't touched the future since the rezzing of the witches.

That might be it - I'm not sure if they were put under a spell to believe they were someone else, and maybe the insufferability was part of that?

• Love 3

I had a good belly laugh over Coco's new powers about guessing correctly calories of foods. She is so proud of her new powers! LOL! Getting more super impressed over Mallory's powers.  Bringing people back to life, you really can't beat that. And I am so glad Joan Collins is back as Miss Bubbles. I had a black cat named Bubbles, (before Joan Collins character came on the scene) so I can relate to the character.

Edited by BeeBop88
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Yeah that’s what they were doing for sure. It was subtle as a sledgehammer (and that has nothing to do with your comment but more to the writing). They need to pick up their game- it’s like no nuance.

I felt like this was such a waste of an episode. For us non Coven lovers it’s misery. Like I loved asylum but what I love more is original thought and I don’t want an asylum 2.0.

I mean, I’m still in- the end is near but it feels like they’re going easy l when I wanted Micheal and all kinds of weird stuff this  week. 

Ever since I was I was a little kid I’ve Hated flashbacks- I’ll never like them. They seem so wasteful even if things are learned- I want to know the now. 

So there’s that. 

11 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Yeah that’s what they were doing for sure. It was subtle as a sledgehammer (and that has nothing to do with your comment but more to the writing). They need to pick up their game- it’s like no nuance.

I felt like this was such a waste of an episode. For us non Coven lovers it’s misery. Like I loved asylum but what I love more is original thought and I don’t want an asylum 2.0.

I mean, I’m still in- the end is near but it feels like they’re going easy way when I wanted Micheal and all kinds of weird stuff this  week. 

Ever since I was I was a little kid I’ve Hated flashbacks- I’ll never like them. They seem so wasteful even if things are learned- I want to know the now. 

So there’s that. 

• Love 2
On 10/27/2018 at 10:06 PM, BeeBop88 said:

I had a good belly laugh over Coco's new powers about guessing correctly calories of foods. She is so proud of her new powers! LOL!

Does this mean she'll be able to take one look at Michael and truly see the number of the beast?  :-)

• Love 2

I thought it was just me. It takes me at least three attempts to get through these episodes without falling asleep, and I’m TOTALLY LOST as to what’s happening when and whether actors are the same character or not. So you’re telling me that Joan Collins is playing two DIFFERENT TV stars, but Adina Porter in the bunker and as the voodoo priestess is somehow the SAME character?!? I got robot Kathy Bates vs human Kathy Bates down, and it’s taken all my concentration to figure out which of her 37 characters Sarah Paulson is at any given time, but I have no working memory left to process who these goddamned witches are or aren’t. WORST SEASON EVER. I wish I had some of that estrogen-activated powder to make my eyes bleed out of my head to erase this entire season away. But, whelp, see ya next week because I’m a glutton for punishment and I made it this far!

ETA: oh, not next week—tomorrow! I told you it takes me a while to get through each goddamned episode! 

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 5
On 10/25/2018 at 9:52 AM, angelusgirl said:

Tales from the Crypt was the movie and it is based on the same comics the American HBO series was. "...And All Through the House", her segment, was remade for the series, though the story was slightly different.

Oops my bad! 

As much as I loved returning to murder house, it caused the whole season to lose momentum.

As an aside, did anybody catch Cody Fern's Instagram post the other night? He deleted it, but he addressed the rabid AHS fandom and how anxiety-inducing it is to see how far they go to find photos and stories about him and his boyfriend. He also vaguely addressed the questions about his sexuality, implying he's bisexual. I feel pretty bad for him. I don't think he was prepared for the intensity of that fandom or how exposed he was going to feel.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, sashayshante said:

As much as I loved returning to murder house, it caused the whole season to lose momentum.

As an aside, did anybody catch Cody Fern's Instagram post the other night? He deleted it, but he addressed the rabid AHS fandom and how anxiety-inducing it is to see how far they go to find photos and stories about him and his boyfriend. He also vaguely addressed the questions about his sexuality, implying he's bisexual. I feel pretty bad for him. I don't think he was prepared for the intensity of that fandom or how exposed he was going to feel.

I've recently become friends with someone in the know in Hollywood. The stories I hear make me feel bad for any newcomers. Hollywood is filled with hideously illegal stuff, to top it off you have fans that thanks to social media feel like they are owed something. I don't envy them. It's sad, and I hope any newcomer can keep their head on straight. 

• Love 3
On 10/24/2018 at 10:27 PM, BingeyKohan said:

I’m still confused by the timeline and use of extended flashbacks. The 2 years before the apocalypse thing (bringing Myrtle back) was a flashback within a flashback? How much time were we “before the apocalypse” at the time of the dinner Cordelia said might be their last time together for a while? Madison and Behold had just returned from Murder House at that dinner. And is Joan Collins’ character here the same character as post apocalypse in the bunker? That character also seemed to have been an aging actress but not one who could read minds. It would seem odd she didn’t realize who Michael was when he showed up in the bunker, even though she had never met him. Maybe the white haired character is not meant to be the same as the bunker character but they seem very similar.

I am finally getting around to watching these episodes and I'm totally confused as to why everything is no longer post-war. Since Behold and his companion went to make discoveries about Michael's background, obviouly they have met him and even mentioned they have already made him the Head. He didn't show up to them until Bunkertown, so, yes, color me bewildered.

I did enjoy them tying characters back to the first season. I found that very interesting. I haven't really been following news about the show, so I don't know if this is supposed to be the last season, but bringing back old plots and tying them in seems to be hinting at that.

• Love 1