Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Making Amends

druzy
  • Start Topic

Wow, yeah I totally think Kristina was offering an evening.  Not the whole night!!! Good grief.  I know people who will change the plans last minute like Amber and never give a shit about your feelings.  It truly sucks. Why does Amber think Kristina and Gary would fly to Cali to babysit for 24 hours.  No thanks man. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Yes. She purchased the house (she was renting) in May 2018. Her federal tax lien is still outstanding and a lien on the property will most likely soon follow.

ETA- it's confirmed that she paid cash for the house.

Thanks Druzy.  I edited my post now that I have the correct info.  Andrew must have been behind this decision, he seems a smidgen more responsible than Amber.  I wonder if she's handed the checkbook over to him, too.  She obviously doesn't learn very quickly. 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

She needs to spend a little money on herself, not a lot!  She can go to jcrew or something, and get a cute mint green 3/4 length cardigan, in her proper side, or a boatneck top, and some well-made, sturdy jeans - they can be skinny! - but they need to be well-made.  She would look nice, and young.  The cheap flimsy, tight stuff is so bad!

I'm sorry to say, but jcrew is not going to fit her. They cap out at a 16, and that fits more like a 12/14. She would have better luck at Nordstrom (both quality and size wise). But, that would require showering and effort, both of with she struggles to complete on a daily basis.

• Love 8

Yeah.. I thought it was so sweet of Kristina to plan a day for all of the girls and then offer to take the baby for a night(honestly I  assumed it was for the whole night and the baby was sleeping over I thought that already been discussed) and then the next day amber changes the plans. And doesn’t take her baby, so Kristina and Gary then have to adjust a day of their vacation plans. 

I wonder what was going to happen the baby if the actual plans of the day had happened. Like was Andrew supposed to watch the baby alone and maybe he didn’t want to? And then he and amber changed the plans because of it? I feel like that’s what happened. Amber is a user. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

I'm sorry to say, but jcrew is not going to fit her. They cap out at a 16, and that fits more like a 12/14. She would have better luck at Nordstrom (both quality and size wise). But, that would require showering and effort, both of with she struggles to complete on a daily basis.

I was going to say Nordstrom!  Then I changed to JCrew, as I was picturing a cardigan that I saw at JCrew.  You may be right about that - I can't tell what size she is from tv, it can be deceiving - but yeah she is probably an 18 at least. 

Nordstrom is the best - quality is great.  She could get some Paige jeans, they have larger sizes, and a little stretch to them.  I almost want to send her outfit ideas, or put her in touch with a personal shopper there.  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I was going to say Nordstrom!  Then I changed to JCrew, as I was picturing a cardigan that I saw at JCrew.  You may be right about that - I can't tell what size she is from tv, it can be deceiving - but yeah she is probably an 18 at least. 

Nordstrom is the best - quality is great.  She could get some Paige jeans, they have larger sizes, and a little stretch to them.  I almost want to send her outfit ideas, or put her in touch with a personal shopper there.  

Hell, she should go there for the personal shopper alone! Someone else to do all the work! I just don't know that I'd want to be trying on any of those clothes after her.

• Love 5

Gary sees it already: Amber is beginning, bit by bit, the preparation for whenever NuMatt leaves/isn't into doing all the childcare and Amber transitions James to where he lives with/is cared primarily for by Gary & Kristina as he becomes more mobile and has his own wants & needs besides napping, bottles, & diapers.  

Then she'll tell us all she's a "damn good mom" and act as if what she is doing is total normal (and even healthy! we should admire her advocacy!) for parents with mental illness.  She also won't pay child support or give Gary & Kristina props for raising her kids while she lays in bed/on the couch while "sending love."

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Jenelle has 5 kids between her and David to support.  I’d like to know how that’s going to go after TM checks go away.  She’s burned through her money about as fast as Ambers. Plus she will have to split all her assets with David once they break up.  Amber is screwed for sure, but I think out of all of them Jenelle will be the worst off with all those mouths to feed.

@druzy as always thanks for the research.  Unreal that she opted to throw down cash on that house.  Did it list the acquisition amount sales price on the county records? Now she is liable for paying her property taxes.  These debts and liens are just going to keep piling up and compounding. 

@geauxaway 

It has the sales price. She paid $315,000. It doesn’t have the closing costs or the taxes she paid at closing but it has:

Land value          $55,200

Building value    $256,200

Assessed Value    $311,400

I'm amazed that she had 315,000 cash to buy the house. I wonder how she cashes her MTV checks, because if she had a bank account surely it would have been levied by now-right?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, druzy said:

@geauxaway 

It has the sales price. She paid $315,000. It doesn’t have the closing costs or the taxes she paid at closing but it has:

Land value          $55,200

Building value    $256,200

Assessed Value    $311,400

I'm amazed that she had 315,000 cash to buy the house. I wonder how she cashes her MTV checks, because if she had a bank account surely it would have been levied by now-right?

Taking this over to Amber thread

• Love 3

I fucking CANNOT with Amber. Kristina was so kind watching James overnight and then that shady sloth conveniently proposes parasailing to Leah (which she clearly could care less about! You know Amber only picked it because she thought it seemed like a "cool mom" activity). Then, lo and behold, the "1.5 hour appointment" becomes an all-day outing specifically designed to exclude Kristina and steamroll her mani/pedi idea, which she was gracious enough to invite Amber to join. Then, those two losers come breezily strolling back in to pick up their infant like Kristina is their personal on-call nanny. Amber barely touched him for what, 36 hours? Bye bitch.

Tripp is smarter/more mature than the entire Palin family combined. "I won't make it awkward." "Oh trust me, you will." How embarrassing that your 9-year-old son already has your number and knows that your co-parenting skills are forever stuck on "drama-addicted teen."

I felt terrible for Bentley when Larry said he cried out of worry that Ryan's arrest meant he wasn't clean. He's too young to be stressed out over things like that.

Cheyenne needs to stop making herself miserable with self-created drama and just get back together with Cory. He's a great dad, funny, hot as hell, and appropriately superficial. A perfect match.

Man, Tyler's life sucks. He just goes around bankrolling toxic losers who drone on for hours about how their actions aren't their fault and they're going to need 68 more spa sessions to recover. He really loves bringing up his own suicide attempt to a disturbing degree. His face lit up when the counselor told him not to spare Butch's feelings. Although Butch deserves it, I'd imagine he also got the brunt of Tyler's repressed frustration with Cate. He hardly spoke to her the whole episode.

• Love 22
58 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Here she goes.....

7A8B5D58-16AB-4F30-A5F7-86E63703995F.jpeg

21D98DBD-6F42-47F8-B3E2-DF1FE3C3F055.jpeg

12310263-F9E1-4FB3-82EA-0EE542527F17.jpeg

And yeah if amber had just taken Leah out alone without andrew, I wouldn’t be expressing how I feel about this.  But what she did wasn’t just an event for her and Leah, it was with Leah and Andrew. And Conveniently leaving her other chilD in the care of Kristina and Gary. And I think my theory is right that Andrew didn’t want to have to take care of James alone. That’s what I’m thinking.

• Love 7

Y'all, we need to pool our funds and send Kristina a cookie basket or something. Maybe a gift certificate for mani/pedis for her and her three girls. Amber was beyond crass and rude to just assume someone wanted to watch her baby overnight and then completely disregard Kristina's age-appropriate plans. God, she's such a dumpster fire of a human being. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Mr. Minor said:

Fuck Off Amber! You sorry POS!

This cannot be said enough.

29 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I fucking CANNOT with Amber. Kristina was so kind watching James overnight and then that shady sloth conveniently proposes parasailing to Leah (which she clearly could care less about! You know Amber only picked it because she thought it seemed like a "cool mom" activity). Then, lo and behold, the "1.5 hour appointment" becomes an all-day outing specifically designed to exclude Kristina and steamroll her mani/pedi idea, which she was gracious enough to invite Amber to join. Then, those two losers come breezily strolling back in to pick up their infant like Kristina is their personal on-call nanny. Amber barely touched him for what, 36 hours? Bye bitch.

I felt terrible for Bentley when Larry said he cried out of worry that Ryan's arrest meant he wasn't clean. He's too young to be stressed out over things like that.

Honestly, it would be better for Amber to just cut ties with Leah and let her go.  Let Kristina adopt her and stop pretending to care.  I think Leah is pretty smart and sees Amber for who she is.

Oh, I thought Larry said that he was crying, and that Bentley hugged him.

I don't know how I feel about the fact that they are talking specifics with Bentley.  On the one hand, it is great that they are not lying and sugar-coating things.  On the other hand, a 9 year old shouldn't know what "staying clean" means.

• Love 11

Kristina is very mature and generous, and goes way above and beyond to keep the peace with Amber and her hair-trigger temper, but I hope she doesn't become more of a doormat and allow herself to be taken even further advantage of by Amber with more babysitting of James, etc. It's ridiculous what lengths she and Gary go to to not upset Amber.  Amber is unbelievably selfish and immature.

• Love 14

Also, Catelynn is absolutely ridiculous and useless. She "isn't ready" for couples counseling with Tyler? That's a load of crap.  They have so many issues and he actually wants to try to improve things.  I guess she knows she won't be in control like she probably is at the spa treatment centers, and will hear some things she doesn't want to hear and might actually have to do some work.   I am so annoyed she is pregnant again. She has no business getting pregnant again with all the unresolved issues she has. She is ready for another baby but not ready for couple counseling. Makes no sense at all. She makes me so mad!!

• Love 23
27 minutes ago, starfire said:

Also, Catelynn is absolutely ridiculous and useless. She "isn't ready" for couples counseling with Tyler? That's a load of crap. 

WORD!!! "I'm not ready for couples counseling so I hope Tyler understands. Oddly though, I am ready to leave my child for the 17th time to go be a support system for my husband while he visits his dad for 'Amends-Palooza 2018'. I mean, he very obviously doesn't want me to go, and is already going with his sister so he has a more understandable support system, but I will be there for him for that. Couples counseling though? NO WAY!! He might open up about issues he has with me. I might catch more of that trauma. *cough* *cough*".  Useless indeed. 

• Love 23

Amber is an idiot if she barely sees her daughter then her daughter barely sees her brother wouldn't you want for both of your kids to spend time together, it would make more sense if she really wanted her family to bond for Leah to spend the night with her at the house rather than both kids go to the hotel with Kristina & Gary. Emilee has spent more time with James than Leah has from what I have seen this season Amber has never had just Leah & James alone it is always all the Shirley's coming to her.

I suspect that part of the reason Kristina proposed girls day was to ease Leah as she does not seem to want to spend time with Amber,  I think Leah knows that 'mommy' has just traded Matt for Andrew and it will never be just them. Kristina really is Leah's mom way more than Amber she actually cares about Leah's feeling and puts Leah first and it shows in her actions of staying silent so that what little time Amber spends with Leah is maintained lest we get a repeat of Amber's depression where she was unable to see Leah but could jet off to Hawaii, get knocked up and RV it across the country.

My hat goes off the Kristina for taking a baby for 24 hours after traveling across the country to ensure Leah could maintain some contact with her mother, she clearly said tomorrow night yet there was Amber ready to dump 'booger' (really they are now both booger) at the first opportunity.

• Love 23
33 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Amends-Palooza 2018

Omg I fucking love you! ?

14 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

they are now both booger)

You know it’s because she’s not around her kids enough to know their names right off the bat

1 hour ago, starfire said:

It's ridiculous what lengths she and Gary go to to not upset Amber. 

I’m so over them kissing her ass. It’s so painfully obvious that they treat her with kid gloves because they’re afraid of her and Amber is too stupid and narcissistic to notice. Their “co-parenting” is basically intimidation.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, starfire said:

Kristina is very mature and generous, and goes way above and beyond to keep the peace with Amber and her hair-trigger temper, but I hope she doesn't become more of a doormat and allow herself to be taken even further advantage of by Amber with more babysitting of James, etc. It's ridiculous what lengths she and Gary go to to not upset Amber.  Amber is unbelievably selfish and immature.

Gary taking the high road and walking on eggshells:

image.png.a2b8b4d6ae922c24bde5e902046ccefd.png

• Love 10
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Gary taking the high road and walking on eggshells:

image.png.a2b8b4d6ae922c24bde5e902046ccefd.png

Where was Kristina's break while she had her daughter in hospital for months and a baby to look after Amber would not even take Leah due to her depression.  As much as he defends Amber to keep the peace the 'family' help seems to all be going one direction and I think the Shirley's are very aware of it, the Portwoods (yes Shawn & Tanya I am looking at you) on the other hand seem to think Gary is doing everything possible to destroy Leah & Ambers bond which quite frankly never really started since Amber has not had time for Leah since birth.

• Love 16

Only just watching and haven't read any comments yet but...

Tyler: " ...after this it would be required for my mental health to just give up. "

Catelyn: " Because after a while there is only so much people can... family can go through. "

Me to Catelyn:  "Now if you just apply this to your husband and yourself and think for a moment."

That's all for now.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Again, "alone" does not mean you, your daughter, and your weirdo sasquatch. I'm sure NOBODY "complained" about her wanting to spend time with her daughter, they're complaining about the shitty way she went about it. "Alone time". SMDH

BTW, Bristol's bratty "Dancing With the Stars" kid looks like a ventriloquist dummy. 

LMAO this !!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ava111 said:

Catelyn: " Because after a while there is only so much people can... family can go through. "

Did you notice she and Tyler started talking at the same time when she said this, and she upped her volume and kept on talking right over him?  Since this is about him, maybe she should have shut her quesadilla hole and let him speak.  It's always about her, even when it's not. 

• Love 15

I checked the ratings for this weeks episode and it’s a sad 872,000.

852,000 was the lowest for the season and 950,000+/- for the second episode. They’re consistently hitting under a million viewers which is networks “cancel the show” threshold. 

Something major is going to happen before and if contracts get renewed. Either MTV slashes their salary or they cancel the show. It’s the only way it makes sense because the show isn’t bringing in enough viewers to compensate those high salaries when other reality shows that get the same viewership don’t get a salary they get maybe attendance fees.

I hope amber bought her house because pretty soon she can’t afford a high mortgage. 

The other thing MTV would think to do is “trim the fat” in order to a. Keep the show going and b. Not have to cut salaries and that would be to get rid of the dead weight — Maci ...

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 9

I drifted in and out of sleep watching this episode.  Did Catelynn leave Nova AGAIN to go to Texas?

Fuck all of these people. I work midnight to 8am so I can make money for my family and still see them.  I have a chance to come straight home on Thursdays and just go to sleep and have a full day of sleep on my husband's day off but I choose to go to the bakery with my family and then take my daughter to a PreK group and then don't go to bed until 10:30-11 and have to get up at 5pm. 

After I get off work today I have to attend a 4 hour training and then volunteer at school for the Book Fair because they can't find coverage for a time slot (I organized it so I get stuck with this). Luckily my husband took the day off and I will get to get some sleep before going back to work at midnight but I will barely see my kids just for this day and it is eating away at me.  I hate all of these people and their sleeping in and their anxiety over jack shit and putting the kids in daycare for no reason and they can shove their "me time" up their bottoms. 

• Love 16

So I DO think that MTV paid for the Shirleys to go to LA.   MTV probably got a deal with the hotel, too, because those clips included quite a few shots of the name of the hotel.   I wonder if Kristina was nice enough to do all that babysitting simply because MTV paid for the trip?   Or she realized that she was being filmed and this was an opportunity to show the world that Amber's maternal habits have not changed much?

And yes, I feel sorry for Kristina, but I really feel sorry for Emilee.  She's too young to go parasailing, but because her mother got stuck watching a baby all day, I'm assuming she didn't get to go do anything fun.  Hopefully Gary took her somewhere to do something, at the very least swimming in the hotel pool.  

I don't have kids, but it seems to me that Leah is either very blase about life in general or she didn't have that much fun parasailing.    I don't have kids, but my nieces/nephews and the other young kids I know are very animated when they are asked about a fun activity they just participated in.

• Love 12

Tripp doesn't seem too bratty to me, he actually seems like a sweet, shy kid. Bristol is probably forcing him to do DWTS kids. Levi's wife seems nice, but they definitely saddled their kids with some weird names. Curse my memory, I can't think of them right now.

I can't with Cheyenne. She acts like her problems are the biggest problems in the world. She also has an incredibly annoying voice. I really hope Cory's dad act isn't for the cameras because he seems very involved in Ryder's life. He actually had Ryder more than Cheyenne this episode.

I felt bad for poor Emilee and Kristina is a saint. Leah is lucky to have her.

9 hours ago, eskimo said:

Did you notice she and Tyler started talking at the same time when she said this, and she upped her volume and kept on talking right over him?  Since this is about him, maybe she should have shut her quesadilla hole and let him speak.  It's always about her, even when it's not. 

These people cannot have a normal conversation, it's so ridiculous. 

• Love 10

I would move so far away from fucking lowlife Amber. I wouldn't have to put up constant fucking bullshit. If she wanted to see booger butt, her and Sasquatch could rent a fucking motorhome.

Cate makes Tyler drag her pink haired lazy ass to Austin so she can dump Nova on someone else for a few days.  

• Love 12

you guys, it was raining at lunch so I couldn't go for my usual walk.  I got myself a grilled chicken & hummus plate & cued up the TV app on my phone.  I found a 2016 episode of Teen Mom OG.

here's what was happening:

Maci & Taylor wore a lot of TTM T-shirts & talked about Ryan

Cate had a "paralytic panic attack" & talked about her mental illness.  Tyler looked like he wanted to shoot himself.

Amber told some scruffy loser who was living in her house about how she was Leah's mom and she planned to spend time w/her soon.

Gary & Kristina asked Leah how she liked visiting her mom, and Leah shrugged and said "hmmmppphhhh...'

HOW MANY YEARS ARE THEY GONNA GET PAID SIX FIGURES TO DO THE SAME THINGS OVER & OVER AGAIN?  and HOW MUCH MORE AM I GONNA SIT THERE & WATCH?  ('til the bitter ends, my friends.  Just being honest.)

in other "things haven't changed" news, I FUCKING HATE FARRAH ABRAHAM w/THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNS.

Edited by teapot
  • Love 22
On 10/22/2018 at 8:19 PM, druzy said:

Should baby James be naked in chlorine?

I was thinking more about how many times he was going to pee and poop in that water. They must make swimming diapers for kids that young, right?? And then why would you not bring some if you were renting a house with a pool??? 

On 10/23/2018 at 1:15 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah.. I thought it was so sweet of Kristina to plan a day for all of the girls and then offer to take the baby for a night(honestly I  assumed it was for the whole night and the baby was sleeping over I thought that already been discussed) and then the next day amber changes the plans. And doesn’t take her baby, so Kristina and Gary then have to adjust a day of their vacation plans. 

The way i heard it Kristina was offering for the whole night too. I thought she said something like "we could take him for the night" 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh, I thought Larry said that he was crying, and that Bentley hugged him.

I don't know how I feel about the fact that they are talking specifics with Bentley.  On the one hand, it is great that they are not lying and sugar-coating things.  On the other hand, a 9 year old shouldn't know what "staying clean" means.

I agree. It's a fine line to walk and I'm not sure what the answer is, but I felt horribly for poor Bentley. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Cate makes Tyler drag her pink haired lazy ass to Austin so she can dump Nova on someone else for a few days.  

I don't even know why she needed to go. I get that she lived with Butch for a time and he WAS shitty to her. But Amber and Tyler are his children. They've got a whole lifetime of amends to get through. Cate should have stayed home with her daughter so she doesn't find herself in the same place in 15 years. 

• Love 11
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, Caseysgirl said:

( by the way, neither Bristol or Cheyenne are teens).Once  the cameras are gone so will Famewhore Corey. 

Right, but neither are any of the girls at this point.  The closest thing is Bristol was pregnant as a teen the same time these girls were.  In fact, I recall Maci and Bristol being friends or something way back then.  Cheyenne is the only one who was not a teen mom at any time.  Not then, not now.

And Cheyenne, shut up about being a single mom "forever".  You're like barely into your 20's, your child is a baby, you're pretty, have money, was single for about 30 minutes in between men so shut up.  Wait until you have real baggage like divorce decrees and debt and hard experiences and weight to lose and gray hair coming in and wrinkles forming (and yes, describing my own situation). 

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:08 PM, heatherchandler said:

Cate needs to stop with the wing-ed clothing.  She thinks it hides the problems but it just makes her look like a large bird.

She needs to spend a little money on herself, not a lot!  She can go to jcrew or something, and get a cute mint green 3/4 length cardigan, in her proper side, or a boatneck top, and some well-made, sturdy jeans - they can be skinny! - but they need to be well-made.  She would look nice, and young.  The cheap flimsy, tight stuff is so bad!

Caitlyn is Little Mrs. Roper.  She's going to be rocking those mumu's by her 4th child.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I don't even know why she needed to go. I get that she lived with Butch for a time and he WAS shitty to her. But Amber and Tyler are his children. They've got a whole lifetime of amends to get through. Cate should have stayed home with her daughter so she doesn't find herself in the same place in 15 years. 

Cate goes where the cameras are. God forbid Tyler gets to be the focus for once. 

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Cate goes where the cameras are. God forbid Tyler gets to be the focus for once. 

Oh! I thought she was probably terrified of having to actually take care of her child herself for once, but  I like your theory better...after all if she HADN'T gone, she still probably would've dumped Nova at Ape's so she could have her precious "me" time (aka "me and my tru luv 7pt quesadilla" time). 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

I was thinking more about how many times he was going to pee and poop in that water. They must make swimming diapers for kids that young, right?? And then why would you not bring some if you were renting a house with a pool??? 

Yes, they do.  My friend has a pool, and a now-2 year old - this summer and last we would take him in the pool and he wore a swim diaper.  This summer he always (hilariously) peed about 5 minutes after we took him out of the water - he'd be pushing around one of his toys outside while we dried off a bit and suddenly a stream would appear under him.  

Oh, and he also has a swim shirt and a hat, which he would never keep on, to shield him from the TX sun.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 5