Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: I Still Do?

• Start Topic

Just now, gonecrackers said:

DVR'ing but not sure I'm in yet.

If it's anything like Second Chances or Spouse House they'll hopefully give out free STD testing for a year after it's over.

I don't know those shows.  It reminds me of that Bachelor Island show but it all people from the Bachelor/ette.  On the Honeymoon show they are less perfect looking than the B one.

I could not stand the interviewer. I thought she was terrible. Fingernails on the chalkboard annoying. Dave/Amber, no big shock, it was a bit of a shock that SHE left without talking to him about it. Did she take lessons from Mia? She likes to leave too. Tristan is a douche. Bobby still gives me the creeps and I still don't like Danielle. This season was the worst couples ever. Why do I torture myself with this nonsense? And yes, I'm DVRing the new show. Ugh. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Kareem said:

What if what Dave heard about Amber's relationship with gym guy had less to do with sex and the 'everyone having a past' theory Pepper was promoting but rather something else, such as stalking or incessant biological clock babbling or any number of other things. Just a thought.  

Stalking is one thing (ask Mia, hey-o!) but if she just talked about wanting kids ... I mean, that's annoying, but it's still something that Dave should learn for himself. I find the notion that Amber and Gym Guy dated, Gym Guy talked shit about Amber, and Dave took that opinion at face value and was through before even getting to know Amber pretty shitty and sexist. Why not judge the guy for talking shit? He liked her enough to date her at one point.

I haven't Googled Amber and don't care enough to do so but if she had any kind of criminal past, I think it would have come out by now. There's no reason to believe that Amber and Gym Guy split up for any unsavory reason (and we also don't know how long ago they dated, so whatever went on could be well in the past), and even if they did (e.g. Amber cheated on him), that still shouldn't preclude her from having any other relationship.

Are we watching and "talking about" Honeymoon Island??

Not I. I'll wait for Philly.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Stalking is one thing (ask Mia, hey-o!) but if she just talked about wanting kids ... I mean, that's annoying, but it's still something that Dave should learn for himself. I find the notion that Amber and Gym Guy dated, Gym Guy talked shit about Amber, and Dave took that opinion at face value and was through before even getting to know Amber pretty shitty and sexist. Why not judge the guy for talking shit? He liked her enough to date her at one point.

I haven't Googled Amber and don't care enough to do so but if she had any kind of criminal past, I think it would have come out by now. There's no reason to believe that Amber and Gym Guy split up for any unsavory reason (and we also don't know how long ago they dated, so whatever went on could be well in the past), and even if they did (e.g. Amber cheated on him), that still shouldn't preclude her from having any other relationship.  ...

I mentioned that because Dave may not have had his nose out of joint because she had sex with another guy, or because she was labeled a hobag. I used stalking and the biological clock as examples. Stalkers aren't always arrested and the baby making obsession could've been mentioned from day one on.  Also, gym guy wouldn't be the first man in the world to say "I went out with so and so and it didn't work out because...".  Would like to know what that whole thing was all about but we don't know, and it seems they had problems in addition to whatever went on with that guy anyway. Just felt it was presumptuous of Pepper to assume that he couldn't handle her having a past.  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Also, gym guy wouldn't be the first man in the world to say "I went out with so and so and it didn't work out because...".  Would like to know what that whole thing was all about but we don't know, and it seems they had problems in addition to whatever went on with that guy anyway. Just felt it was presumptuous of Pepper to assume that he couldn't handle her having a past.  

Maybe Dave has seen the other guy undress in the locker room, and he made Dave feel "small?"

(I'm dying to know the real reason too)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

I could not stand the interviewer. I thought she was terrible. Fingernails on the chalkboard annoying. 

I cringed when she came on. So annoying, but she didn't ask as many asinine questions as she did when she was on DWTS.  Her repeated use of "ixpearamint" drove me nuts. She was not a needed addition for sure.

Not surprised that Dave and Amber are not together anymore. I think if she had toned the insecurity down a notch or ten, he might have been less put off. At least she toned down that hay on top of her head, and it looks much better.  And I am guessing that gym guy might have said she was too desperate or clingy, or that she had been with more than one gym guy. There is something more to that we didn't hear about. I may be alone on this, but don't think Dave is that horrible. I do think he got turned off by Amber and at that point everything she did - other than between the sheets-  irritated him. So i will admit that's pretty douchy......

I am happy for Bobby and Danielle. Hope those crazy kids make it. 

You guys have covered the other two lovebirds and the 'experts' should have just let them go their own way the day after the wedding. That was not entertaining to watch.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Would like to know what that whole thing was all about but we don't know, and it seems they had problems in addition to whatever went on with that guy anyway. Just felt it was presumptuous of Pepper to assume that he couldn't handle her having a past.  

Since Dave and GymGuy  were friends, I'm sure GymGuy would have shown Dave who Amber was as the gym.

Are we to believe GymGuy talked all about Amber and Dave had never seen her at the fancy Lifetime Fitness?? (all before the wedding, of course)

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 6

lol boo hoo, poor Tristan. You said it. What else could you possibly mean?

The only question I wanted answered was did Danielle say "I love you" to Bobby? Did they say that? Do we have to wait for the next show?

Also I didn't like how they were harassing Dave, trying to get him to stay in it. The man has been done since like... episode 2. I don't know why he stayed or why Mia and Tristan stayed. Maybe they do get a bonus for staying together on decision day. 

Edited by shouldbedancing
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

The only question I wanted answered was did Danielle say "I love you" to Bobby? Did they say that? Do we have to wait for the next show?

I forgot about that. I want to know too!  If they said it, I missed it.

Edited by ChiCricket

Ultimately I think Dave was relieved that Amber moved out. Chemistry in the bedroom doesn’t cancel out arguing everywhere else (at least not for long lol). I feel bad for Amber being rejected on TV, but hey - if Sam from a couple seasons back can find love, then you definitely can. 

Happy for Danielle and Bobby. I don’t blame her for being reserved, I would be too... I don’t trust people easily, it took awhile for me to be comfortable and express my feelings with my husband when we were first dating. Plus reality tv is crazy and we only see what the editors/producers want us to see. 

Dont really know what to say about Mia and Tristan. The old clips of them were shown and it seemed the most genuinely happy we saw Mia was when Tristan got her the donuts. They should have divorced from the beginning. 

This show is a mess but I’m at least in for one more season... they’re in Philly next and I live in the burbs not too far away. I’m definitely curious how the city will be represented! 

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

They showed a clip of her saying it but I don’t know what show it was from.

Im excited for Bobby and Danielle. I think they will make a cute and stable family. I was a wee bit pissed at Amber’s “what about me?” when they announced the baby. I’m Team Want Nice Things For Amber but I had to give her the stink eye for that....

but not as bad a stink eye as I gave old “I’m not a colorist” Tristan. Bruh, you said you don’t want any brown skin women. Dafuq do you think that sounds like? Sounds like self-hate and that you don’t find women that look like your brown mama attractive. Just suck it up. Grow up. Man up. All the tears in the world will not make me or anyone else forget that fuck shit you said.

• Love 18

My sweetheart and I both think that whatever Dave learned about Amber from unnamed gym dude puts her in a bad enough light that David is being respectful to Amber by not putting it out there on TV.  Even Amber panicked when she realized they went to the same gym because she had dated there.  That's not just a relationship that didn't work out; there's something to that story that made *her* concerned on day one. 

I'm sour on Dr. Pepper with this whole "adult" thing, trying to manipulate Dave.  Listen, experts, you picked poorly.  He should have had the guts to bow out at decision day, but he seemed to feel obligated until she moved out.  He knows it's not going to work, and that has nothing to do with a guy at the gym.  

The right thing to do is stop torturing the fragile Amber.  I don't like her, but why continue to give her false hope with counseling?  It's not like they can even do the most basic thing of thinking back to what they loved about each other.  Where does this counseling go? "Hey, guys, experts made a mistake, but if you can just live with animosity forever that'd be great.  Thanks, guys.  MAFS forever!"

• Love 20

You guys. You remember last week. Danielle said “I am head over heels in love with you!” to Bobby when he proposed.  They have both told each other they love one another.

38 minutes ago, princelina said:

Started?  

I know. I know.  But it seems like it’s gotten worse.

• Love 11

So .. Dave was USING Amber for sex every night.  He knew he wasn’t going the distance but he still used her.  That is what you call a creep.  Amber probably had hope that he would fall for her, so she engaged in sex.  Sad.   Now, she has to find a new gym for sure.  She must feel like a jerk.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Me too. I've said from the beginning gym guy set Dave off. As he said himself he would've backed out had he known.

Maybe his own insecurities got in the way.

Guess Dave didn’t want sloppy seconds, thirds, fourths.  Whoever.  For a wife anyhow.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Me too, because I just don't think it's a big deal. Like Pepper says, we're adults. We all have a past. They're over 35, they're not virgins, and it's not odd that their social circles might overlap. And if the gym guy DID talk trash about Amber, that says more about him than about Amber and more about Dave for believing it and letting it color his relationship with Amber. They're over 35, they're not in high school. Amber dating people before Dave doesn't make her a "ho."

They're just better off apart. I do commend Dave for not being sucked into counseling; it's a waste of their time. Amber deserves someone who won't judge her. I wasn't surprised when she said she wouldn't do this again.

Oh yeah, Pepper can talk.  I read that SHE said she met a stranger in the airport and immediately had sex with him in the airport bathroom.  She’s a real firecracker that one.  Nice role model for the couples.

• Love 5

I think Bobby and Danielle will have that rare marriage that in 15 years they'll only be closer.

It would only be shocking if Mia and Tristan were still together but I don't think I believe her version of events about seeing pics of the ex on his phone and he was gloating about them.

I believe Dave was willing to give it more time as he said but obviously her moving everything out was the final straw. I don't I fault him for not letting her move back in that would be just accepting of outlandish behavior. He's is making a wise decision in my opinion because life is short and almost certainly Dave and Amber would be a couple always on a roller coaster. The 80-20 rule applies to married it should be 80% peaceful, loving sensual and happy...20% trials, tribulations difficulties within and without. The 80% makes it worth it.

Edited by DrewPaul2010
Clarity
  • Love 7

Well that’s an hour of my life I’ll never get back. I think the only thing that would have produced an actual shock was if Jessica had said she’s pregnant with Jon’s baby....

All said, these are the correct outcomes for all these couples. I just wish the show would let it play out more organically and let these fools go their separate ways when it’s obvious they don’t work.

Honeymoon Island looks like the antithesis of what this show stands for. Just gross.

I’m definitely down for Happily Ever After though!

• Love 13
4 hours ago, PityFree said:

I’m pretty sure shocked that Dave and Tristan would be willing to do “the experiment” again.

Don't be. They both got laid on the regular and some money out of it. Not something they would do be running from.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Kareem said:

What if what Dave heard about Amber's relationship with gym guy had less to do with sex and the 'everyone having a past' theory Pepper was promoting but rather something else, such as stalking or incessant biological clock babbling or any number of other things. Just a thought.  

I feel like it's kinda how Tristan is going to talk to his friends about Mia. She's totally nuts and took him for a ride, which is what he's going to say. Who knows what Gym Guy told Dave about Amber but the fact that Dave is bothered by it AND neither he nor Amber ever stated what went down with him, leads me to believe that it's something substantial and Amber doesn't want it out there.

She needs to file for divorce and move on. Being matched with Dave was a mistake. She can find someone.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, OnTime said:

Are we to believe GymGuy talked all about Amber and Dave had never seen her at the fancy Lifetime Fitness?? (all before the wedding, of course)

It's absolutely possible. I am a regular at my gym but I go at pretty specific times (often for classes, but when I do weights I go at specific times of day too). If Amber goes in the morning and Dave goes after work, they wouldn't see each other. And their gym looks huge, so if they do different activities, they also probably wouldn't see each other.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I feel like it's kinda how Tristan is going to talk to his friends about Mia. She's totally nuts and took him for a ride, which is what he's going to say. Who knows what Gym Guy told Dave about Amber but the fact that Dave is bothered by it AND neither he nor Amber ever stated what went down with him, leads me to believe that Amber doesn't want it out there.

She needs to file for divorce and move on. Being matched with Dave was a mistake. She can find someone.

I hope she can. But either way, she's much better off without Dave.

It's pretty obvious the Gym Guy trashed Amber in every way he could. And the finale made it crystal clear that yeah, whatever Gym Guy said made a big difference to Dave (kudos to GoneCrackers!)  The Gym Guy's words were always in Dave's mind during their short "marriage".

One of them will be filing for divorce... and, yes, it will probably have to be Amber, because Dave still doesn't want to look like the 'bad guy'. (Not fair, since he's the one who called it 'quits'.)

I was actually really proud of Amber when I learned she had moved out(!!) --until she crumpled like a napkin and begged to go back to Dave.

Amber still needs a real shrink.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

They said it last week - and showed them saying it at home.  I think they said it all along but Danielle got the bad edits where it looked like she never said it.

• Love 9

Congratulations to Bobby and Dannielle and I am looking forward to their spinoff.  The other spinoff with the "leftovers", not so much.  It will just be a bunch of fame hos scrambling to stand out from the crowd enough to get their own individual spinoff out of it.  Looking for love?  Probably not.  Looking for fame?  Bingo!

I was surprised at how relieved I was to learn that Amber and Dave split.  I feel bad that Amber feels so desperate to have a baby, and hopefully she will find the right baby daddy.  Dave was definitely influenced by gym-guy in some very major way.  I'm wondering if gym-guy bragged about the awesome sex, thus motivating Dave to make sure that all of America knew how much sex he was getting during his turn. 

Tristan and Mia - tranwrecks.  Neither of them should be married to ANYONE.  They are both messed up in their own serious way.

• Love 9

I was kind of rooting for Dave and Amber but knew it was doomed the moment he could not let her past go with dating his friend or acquaintance.  But I can also see that some of the insecurities she had were ridiculous and would put a strain on any relationship.  I do feel that Amber ruined the relationship though when she packed up and left.  I am guessing that because Dave saw that happen with Mia and Tristan so many times, he wasn't able/didn't want to do that and look like a sucker.

Edited by rl27rl
  • Love 5

Because it can't be said enough, these "experts" suck.  Really, really suck.

When they were screening their applicants and narrowing down the potentials, didn't they notice that Dave and Amber went to the same gym?  When they did, shouldn't they have asked both of them if they had dated anyone at the gym?  Because what if Dave had been the Gym Guy and the two had known each other before their wedding day?  Beyond that, if Amber had been honest about dating Gym Guy, theoretically the "experts" should then have approached Gym Guy to get the dirt on Amber and also see if Gym Guy is good buddies with Dave or just guys that hang out at the gym.    

It makes me wonder if maybe Amber's insecurities aren't necessarily par for the course for her but were really triggered because of Dave's insecurity over Gym Guy.  It's really crazy because it's not like Amber kept this secret from him for weeks or months.  It came out, if I'm remembering correctly, either during their honeymoon or immediately following their return.  The "experts" should have had the type of emergency session they did for Tristan and Mia (not that THAT worked) following Mia's "detainment" at the airport.  They should have ascertained what it was that so disturbed Dave, whether it was the fact that a friend of his dated Amber or what this friend had to say about Amber.  Having the issue never be resolved gave Dave an easy out, should he need it.

And as far as that goes, Dave should have been honest about that.  Sure, Amber seemed exhausting at times but own up to your part in it.  Certainly by Decision Day.  It wasn't fair to Amber at all.

I felt bad for her last night.  Yes, she was wrong to pack up and leave while Dave was out -- especially after both of them said that Tristan throwing Mia out/Mia leaving was unacceptable and you couldn't come back from that.  But she admitted she was wrong and she would be willing to try counseling.  For most people, I would say do the counseling.  Better to have tried everything you could so you don't wonder "what if" one day; you're already married, what's 2 months of effort?  But in this case, Dave seems totally set and resigned.  And again, because the friend issue was never properly addressed or resolved, it was probably too late on Decision Day.

I was watching Tristan's reactions when the "experts" were instructing him and Mia to stay above the fray and remain polite during the divorce conversation.  Tristan was not having any of it.  It was almost funny.  He had his head down, he wouldn't look at the "experts" and he was making facial expressions that to me read "These fucking guys don't have a fucking clue what they're talking about."  Ha!  The "experts" should just admit they should have encouraged Tristan to get an annulment pronto after Mia was "detained."  

I always love (in a totally snarky and ironic way) when people say they had no idea how hard marriage would be.  Well, duh.  For Mia to say she thought it would be unicorns and rainbows, girl.  You need therapy.  From real therapists.

I'm so happy for Bobby and Danielle.  I love Bobby.  I really love Bobby.  It was pretty obvious that Danielle was pregnant when she sat down because her bump was clearly showing.  How pregnant is she?  Did they say?  It was mentioned that it had been 3 months since Decision Day.  I wonder if she was pregnant then?   While I'm happy for them, it does seem awful fast.  I mean, they haven't even shared a Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday together.  Not even as a married couple, just knowing each other.  I think they'll be fine but personally, I think they should have waited until they'd been married a year.  But that's just my two cents (and not even worth that.) 

Amber was clearly shocked and I think hurt.  I felt for her.  Hopefully she'll get to be Aunt Amber to Baby Dodd. 

I'll watch the Happily Ever After for Bobby and Danielle.  And because I'm a glutton for punishment. 

• Love 11

Agreed,  suzeecat. Gym Guy might have bragged to Dave and Other Gym Guys,  but Dave got to brag (and it was definitely a neon-lit billboard  about himself and his own "stamina") to the entire viewing audience!  

Tristan said he didn't want a woman darker than himself.  Is that being a "colorist"? Humans are allowed to,  and do,  have preferences in partners. 

We never heard Danielle saying,  "I love you" to Bobby. She said,  "I am head over heels in love with you" at his "proposal," and "Love you" (no "I") in reply to Bobby's  direct "I love you" in bed at some point. My point: She needed some "word distance" in the first expression;  and removed her agency in the second. I'm sure she loves Bobby; not so sure Danielle loves emoting on camera. 

Given Amber's oft-stated desire for a child and concern about her age, the pregnancy  announcement by the Dodds might have been done without the other couples there. I mean,  Dave had just utterly rejected brunette Amber,  so the Baby Dodd salt just exacerbated her wound.

Tristan and Mia were done Night One.   

• Love 9
10 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

My sweetheart and I both think that whatever Dave learned about Amber from unnamed gym dude puts her in a bad enough light that David is being respectful to Amber by not putting it out there on TV.  Even Amber panicked when she realized they went to the same gym because she had dated there.  That's not just a relationship that didn't work out; there's something to that story that made *her* concerned on day one. 

I'm sour on Dr. Pepper with this whole "adult" thing, trying to manipulate Dave.  Listen, experts, you picked poorly.  He should have had the guts to bow out at decision day, but he seemed to feel obligated until she moved out.  He knows it's not going to work, and that has nothing to do with a guy at the gym.  

The right thing to do is stop torturing the fragile Amber.  I don't like her, but why continue to give her false hope with counseling?  It's not like they can even do the most basic thing of thinking back to what they loved about each other.  Where does this counseling go? "Hey, guys, experts made a mistake, but if you can just live with animosity forever that'd be great.  Thanks, guys.  MAFS forever!"

Or the guy from the Gym is just a creep who disses every woman he hooks up with to his bros. Not sure why it makes a woman look bad that a guy behaves like that, since it says way more about his character than it does hers. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Oh yeah, Pepper can talk.  I read that SHE said she met a stranger in the airport and immediately had sex with him in the airport bathroom.  She’s a real firecracker that one.  Nice role model for the couples.

Whatever. As long you are being safe, get yours Dr. Pepper. 

As soon as Bobby and Danielle made it clear that still had no fighting I just hit that fast forward button. Nice couple but boring as shit. Have a good life. Please do it off screen.

I'm tired of Tristan/Colorist stuff. It's always okay to not date someone for any reason but when color or race gets involved, people like to go straight to the colorist or racist label. As long as one isn't out there bashing dark skin women, calling them ugly or something crude then date who you feel I say. Same with, if someone doesn't want to date someone of a different race. People cheer that mindset with people of color but if a caucasian person were to say it, some would call them racist. That's just bs. 

Even if I didn't like it, I commend Tristan for keeping it honest instead of keeping like that quiet and then complaining about it later.

Lastly, all of this Twitter attacking people and stuff needs to stop. Someone having different opinions than you is not a excuse to harass them.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I hope she can. But either way, she's much better off without Dave.

It's pretty obvious the Gym Guy trashed Amber in every way he could. And the finale made it crystal clear that yeah, whatever Gym Guy said made a big difference to Dave (kudos to GoneCrackers!)  The Gym Guy's words were always in Dave's mind during their short "marriage".

One of them will be filing for divorce... and, yes, it will probably have to be Amber, because Dave still doesn't want to look like the 'bad guy'. (Not fair, since he's the one who called it 'quits'.)

I was actually really proud of Amber when I learned she had moved out(!!) --until she crumpled like a napkin and begged to go back to Dave.

Amber still needs a real shrink.

I’m wondering ... Gym Guy must have told Dave about Amber AFTER he got married, or BEFORE during general conversation?  Was it so racy that Dave didn’t want her anymore?  Or it’s just the fact that Dave knows the guy?  Whatever.  I still don’t like how he used her up, then discarded her.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

THIS!

18 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I always love (in a totally snarky and ironic way) when people say they had no idea how hard marriage would be.  Well, duh.  For Mia to say she thought it would be unicorns and rainbows, girl.  You need therapy.  From real therapists.

Yes!  I am constantly amazed when I encounter someone saying they thought marriage would be easy.  Where do they get that from?  Even sitcoms and movies of happy marriages show problems, and there are plenty of shows/movies that actually depict the real work of marriage.  Does it come from having seen happy marriages IRL, with no window into what goes on behind the scenes, and assuming that it is easy?  Or did all these people encounter a Bobby/Danielle unicorn and think that all marriages are like that?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

Im excited for Bobby and Danielle. I think they will make a cute and stable family. I was a wee bit pissed at Amber’s “what about me?” when they announced the baby. I’m Team Want Nice Things For Amber but I had to give her the stink eye for that....

I'm far more than a wee bit pissed and give her far more than the stink eye.  To have had that thought is understandable...but to have actually uttered it, let alone on national TV, says so very much about who Amber really is, and what Dave had to put up with.  And I don't think her saying that was some cutesy fake thing that she played up for the camera.

• Love 14

OMG, Amber found out Danielleis pregnant already. A double whammy.  The girl must be beside herself.

Why did the experts pick two people that probably lived so close to each other like Dave and Amber?  Too close for comfort.

i hope Amber has her eggs frozen as she has to start all over again.  Unlucky break for her.  Time wasted.

I hope they change those three experts next season.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

OMG, Amber found out Danielleis pregnant already. A double whammy.  The girl must be beside herself.

Oh!  Completely agree!  The look on her face said it all!

• Love 1

Tristan had a cry, probably wanted to pull the decorative blankie over him and had a requested walk off, not a diva exit...pretty much a typical night for Tristan...

Danielle was poured into her LBD, Bobby was on the quiet side...this was Danielle's time to shine....

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

THIS!

Yes!  I am constantly amazed when I encounter someone saying they thought marriage would be easy.  Where do they get that from?  Even sitcoms and movies of happy marriages show problems, and there are plenty of shows/movies that actually depict the real work of marriage.  Does it come from having seen happy marriages IRL, with no window into what goes on behind the scenes, and assuming that it is easy?  Or did all these people encounter a Bobby/Danielle unicorn and think that all marriages are like that?

You are so right.  I haven’t seen one guy in my life that is like Bobby.  I didn’t think they exist.  He is so accommodating to her every wish.  Is he real?  He’ll probably put her to the bed for the remainder of the pregnancy.

• Love 5

I think that Amber's comment that Dave as well as ALL three experts recommended that they find a new gym together but she resisted kind of said it all.  Amber had continually been all about her wants/desires throughout the season.  She interpreted everything that Dave said into what she heard versus what he said (example: when she turned his comment about letting her hair go natural if it wasn't healthy to her statements that he wanted her to change her hair color).  I believe that Dave was willing to give it a shot by suggesting that they change gyms, but she didn't want to.  I am on Dave's side about her moving everything out without talking with him.  And, I wish Tristan had refused to move on with Mia with her multiple move outs.

But, when Amber turned Danielle and Bobby's news about having a baby into her own frustration, that was kind of it for me about her.  As adults (tm Dr. Pepper), we should be able to put our own issues away long enough to be happy for others.  I think that living with Amber would cause one to walk on "egg shells" not knowing what would set her off.

Do I have issues with Dave?  Sure.  But, I would find Amber just too exhausting.

Mia is still spinning everything.  I did notice that throughout the series she tried to convince everyone that they arrested the wrong person (stolen id, etc.).  At least last night she finally admitted that SHE had been charged, but then added that the charges had been dismissed (whether true or not).  Just because she has been caught in so many lies, I automatically believe Tristan whenever their stories don't match (whether or not he is actually telling the truth).  The producers should have had that marriage annulled as soon as she was arrested and charge.  As much as I disagree with the "experts" so much of what we see is driven by the producers.  I still think that they are handling Mia with kid gloves and I want to know why.

I wonder how much into fostering dogs Danielle will be once the baby is born.  Henry really did get an instant family and I would imagine he is living the life he has always wanted.  I am very happy for Danielle and Bobby, and am looking forward to seeing them on the next show.  However, I also fear for them as becoming reality stars doesn't seem to lead to happy and lasting marriages for many people on various reality shows.

• Love 12

Ok first off. The hostess... she was awful. Hate to say it but Jamie Odious would have been a better host than her.

We all knew Mia and Tristan weren't going to work out but I was just surprised that it was the very next day after the cameras turned off.

Everyone on another group I'm in is calling Dave an a-hole/cold/d-bag for not agreeing to go to counseling with Amber to work it out. I don't agree- why prolong a relationship that you know is just not going to work out? Dave and Amber are two completely different people, they were mismatched. First off, the whole gym buddy thing got to Dave a little but I think what really set him over the edge is Amber's insecurity/immaturity. Amber needs someone like Bobby who is going to do everything for her and constantly reassure her that she is loved.

Not surprised that Danielle & Bobby are still together but just surprised that they got pregnant so quickly, most likely shortly after decision day.

I thought it was great for Tristan to get up and give them hugs after they announced. He could have sat there bitter that his own relationship didn't work out.

I am sure Amber was hurt after Danielle announced her pregnancy because it is something she wants for herself... but if she really wanted kids but is unable to find her perfect match, and she has financial means, she could do it on her own. I have known a few women in their late 30's/early 40's who wanted children who worked with a fertility center to get pregnant. Just another option.

I will be watching Happily Ever After, but not Honeymoon Island. Have no interest in that show.

• Love 10

Most likely Dave started hinting heavily he wanted Amber gone as soon as they got home from the Decision Day taping.

Let's imagine the ways he started acting...disinterested in sexy time, complaining about her stuff invading his space, Paisley's cat box, Amber not doing any chores, not paying her share of the food, he probably stopped cooking for her all together, not including her on the bro group family bbqs and making snide, cutting  comments since there was no audio guy or camera guy to catch them.

Patient, understanding on camera Dave became judgey, persnickety, pissed off and closed off Dave.

He was relieved she moved out because he wanted her out...he was done with her.

Dave came off as the bag of dicks we all knew he was...

Amber, unfortunately didn't know Dave as well as she thought and should have gotten out at Decision Day.

• Love 10

If the gym situation was reversed and Dave had been dating a person that Amber knew I do not think the marriage would have even lasted through the honeymoon, Amber would have been melting down hourly that he choose somebody else to date even if he had never set eyes on her, it was a huge deal in her mind that he spoke to her friend so imagine the explosion that would have ensued if he had of got horizontal with a friend. While Dave seemed cold by not being willing to go to counseling I think he just knew he was done and not even a few sessions was going to change his mind. Hopefully Amber really has learnt how much her insecurities can affect a relationship and works on herself so her next relationship is more successful.

• Love 11

No doubt Mia is a weirdo but did Tristan ever think he did or said anything wrong during the entire 8 weeks? I don't like that guy and I think he is a gaslighter extraordinare! I'm looking  at pics of my ex in a bikini,  come and look, She's so pretty, don't you think? Hey, what you so mad about? Why you so jealous? Why you so insecure? Why you so uptight? Eff off Tristan.

Amber looks good with the darker hair. Looks like she got a better cut and is conditioning the hell out of it, too!

Awwww Barbie and Ken. Oops I mean Bobby and Danielle! I'm happy for them. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

No doubt Mia is a weirdo but did Tristan ever think he did or said anything wrong during the entire 8 weeks? I don't like that guy and I think he is a gaslighter extraordinare! I'm looking  at pics of my ex in a bikini,  come and look, She's so pretty, don't you think? Hey, what you so mad about? Why you so jealous? Why you so insecure? Why you so uptight? Eff off Tristan.

See I don't believe Mia when she said this because she is always making herself out to be the victim. Before Mia went on and said this Tristan said a video popped up on his Facebook of his ex and Mia flipped out. So its sort of a he said/she said story.

• Love 11