Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E07: Week 5: Disney Night

• Start Topic

Did anyone else think some of the song choices were odd? I get that maybe they were trying to find songs that weren't so overdone, but I think it worked to their disadvantage at times. The Mermaid song that Sophia danced to on Juniors just sounded and looked...odd. And I say this as someone who loves TheLittleMermaid and its music. The same went for the adult Disney night. I guess I just didn't feel like some of the songs presented well for the choreography. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

It's not that they don't like him, per se, it's that while he's a great dancer in his own right, he doesn't seem to be a great teacher.

Well, I personally think Keo has done great work this season out of all the seasons he has been on. I see improvement with him, I really do but at the same time I just dont think judges care for him. He is def. not the judges pick as for as pros they r crazy about.

• Love 5

I don't care for Keo because even though he gets thrown good partners from time to time he consistently underperforms in terms of teaching and choreographing. Did he get better this season compared to, say, Jodie season? I guess... but still with a charming actress with dance experience he's supposed to be one of the front runners, not lower middle of the pack in danger to go every night. I still don't know why they keep bringing him back and give him solid competitors, when someone like Tristan had a much shorter leash, and Artem, probably doing twice as many seasons, has yet to get someone of the level of Jodie or Evanna.

When Val (?) did a swap and danced with Jodie it was such a noticeable difference in the way choreography presented the contestant in the best light... night and day.

Gleb and Keo must have some kind of unflattering nudes on TPTB...

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, vavera4ka said:

I don't care for Keo because even though he gets thrown good partners from time to time he consistently underperforms in terms of teaching and choreographing. Did he get better this season compared to, say, Jodie season? I guess... but still with a charming actress with dance experience he's supposed to be one of the front runners, not lower middle of the pack in danger to go every night. I still don't know why they keep bringing him back and give him solid competitors, when someone like Tristan had a much shorter leash, and Artem, probably doing twice as many seasons, has yet to get someone of the level of Jodie or Evanna.

When Val (?) did a swap and danced with Jodie it was such a noticeable difference in the way choreography presented the contestant in the best light... night and day.

Gleb and Keo must have some kind of unflattering nudes on TPTB...

I can't speak to what TPTB like about Gleb, outside of looks.  Keo I think has gotten more chances than another pro might because TPTB are full on dumbasses.  Fans have been complaining about the lack of diversity int he pro line-up since forever.  We have had no other black pros (unless I'm forgetting someone, except a couple of recent troupe members).  So I think they cast Keo and pushed him to pro quickly as opposed to letting him grow in the troupe because diversity.  However then they were stuck in when it wasn't entirely working out because since there is ZERO diversity amongst the pros, they couldn't easily fire the only POC in the line-up (pre-Brandon and with Cheryl who appears whenever she feels like it).  Or at least not without enormous public backlash and looking extremely tasteless.  A part of me has a sneaking suspicion if the show ever manages to put some other POC in the line-up successfully, as I think they are hoping to do with Brandon, Keo's job safety may disappear.  Not that one black man is replaceable for another, but you know....TPTB don't care that much.

• Love 3

And that's how good ideas go bad... Equal opportunity has to be equally based on race, gender, sexual orientation, AND merit/performance.

I'm really hoping that introduction of some more diverse troupe members will free us of this bias. I really like one black girl in the troupe. I have no idea of any of the dancers' names, sorry. But she is such a spunky  and energetic dancer, I can't take my eyes off her. Let's have her instead of Keo next time, please!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, vavera4ka said:

And that's how good ideas go bad... Equal opportunity has to be equally based on race, gender, sexual orientation, AND merit/performance.

I'm really hoping that introduction of some more diverse troupe members will free us of this bias. I really like one black girl in the troupe. I have no idea of any of the dancers' names, sorry. But she is such a spunky  and energetic dancer, I can't take my eyes off her. Let's have her instead of Keo next time, please!

Maybe, but real diversity isn’t touting yourself as diverse when you have one token POC pro so as to keep people from calling you racist. So Brandon or Britt getting spots shouldn’t equate Keo getting fired.  I agree spots should be on merit, but DWTS also need to work a bit harder in the recruitment department instead of going to the same few wells to find dancers.  They didn’t do much better on Jrs. There is a black kid pro and some diversity in their troupe which is way in the background but everything else is business as usual.

Edited by spanana
On 10/23/2018 at 11:51 AM, boyznkatz said:

There were way too many dancers in his routine, and it was crap. I like Demarcus, but if he doesn't start standing out more, sadly I think he may be going soon.

I haven't been watching the show, but it's nice to know that folks finally realize that Lindsay isn't very good.  She's a great personality but her dancing and teaching aren't very strong. It would have to be a naturally talented guy like Jordan to bring her a win. 

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, luvthepros said:

Why is Lindsey considered the Charleston queen? I'm baffled. Her Charleston choreography has always been lacking to me. What she choreographed for Demarcus, was NOT Charleston. It was a Freestyle, IMHO. Two bars of Charleston at the very end of the performance does not make the dance a Charleston. Even Len commented there was not a lot of Charleston going on. He was never so right.

ITA. It kind of ticks me off that the pros don't choreograph what dance style they are assigned to. So what if your celeb is not good at that style. You got a Charleston, choreograph a d*mn Charleston and let the chips fall where they may.  The only thing I liked were the lifts, otherwise that was it.  DeMarcus seemed very heavy footed, kind of stomped around in spots, despite that Bruno said DeMarcus was light on his feet. Maybe because he was Hercules, he figured he had to show strength and that meant stomping around. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Dancelove said:

I haven't been watching the show, but it's nice to know that folks finally realize that Lindsay isn't very good.  She's a great personality but her dancing and teaching aren't very strong. It would have to be a naturally talented guy like Jordan to bring her a win. 

I kinda lump Lindsay and Witney  into the "blond bimbo" category.  Both of them seem like real sweet girls, but I don't think there is much going on between their ears. As far as choreo goes, I sometimes wonder how much of the choreo we see is actually theirs, and how much of it might be someone else's.  I remember Frankie and Witney's Pirates of the Carribbean Argentine tango was actually choreographed by Sharna and Mark, and not Witney.  Also telling is that neither has been on SYTYCD showing off their choreography talent like some other DWTS pros have been on there like Val, Jenna, Sharna, Emma and Sasha. This isn't meant to be a bash Witney and Lindsay post, because as I said, they seem like sweet girls and score high on the likeability scale. And I do like to watch Lindsay and Witney's lifts. 

To be fair, most of the DWTS pros have needed a ringer to win. In fact, I don't think any MBT celeb has won, where there wasn't some type of dance experience involved. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

ITA. It kind of ticks me off that the pros don't choreograph what dance style they are assigned to. So what if your celeb is not good at that style. You got a Charleston, choreograph a d*mn Charleston and let the chips fall where they may.  The only thing I liked were the lifts, otherwise that was it.  DeMarcus seemed very heavy footed, kind of stomped around in spots, despite that Bruno said DeMarcus was light on his feet. Maybe because he was Hercules, he figured he had to show strength and that meant stomping around. 

Lindsay's sister (who is also being mentored by Lindsay) danced a proper Charleston on her Disney night over on Juniors. I bet Lindsay is regretting not using that dance because it was really good! I don't mind a lift every now and then, but it seems to be Lindsay's default move set when she has an athlete for a partner. Instead of dancing around her partner like the female pros do, Lindsay is tossed into the air instead. We get it: you're flexible and your partners are strong. I find it equally as annoying as when the male celebs stand in place and are danced around by their female pro, usually with the troupe on the floor as well (looking at you, Jenna!).

I want to watch Lindsay dance an actual routine, with her partner, without lifts. She actually danced with Jordan because he could dance, but I can't remember any other partners with whom she simply danced with and/or didn't choreograph a bunch of lifts to the music accompanied by a few dance steps.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 2

I just think Lindsay loves to be lifted. Alot of her dances are always lift filled and it drives me insane. That is why hate when she gets paired big strong athlete because I already know were going to be going on lift trip with her and it is so annoying.

I disliked both Witney and Lindsay when they were on SYTYCD.  At that time, I felt that Witney had the edge on Lindsay, but I feel that Lindsay has overtaken her quite substantially on DWTS.  Lindsay has a real talent for appealing to patriotism and hominess and she does that with great success with almost every partner.  I think she's one of the best female pros, not one of the worst.  She doesn't showmance and she rarely (and quite obviously, when forced, reluctantly) plays the controversial games like calling other people ringers and etc.  So I've gone from thinking she was a very pale imitation of Witney's force and fire, to thinking she's one of the best female pros there is.  IIRC, she was utterly brilliant with Skarlatos - she knew just the right touch and all the right moves. She's naturally quite quiet though and perhaps this allows the audience to project their ideas of who she is much more easily than with other pros.  I think she has been fairly good at disguising that DeMarcus is a bit of a clunker - he's not incompetent, but not shockingly stylish either.  That's why I'm constantly surprised when he dances very poorly, because she has been disguising it. (I'm not saying she's not lift-heavy as a choreographer, but I just consider that her signature talent - foolhardy bravery and an overwhelming desire to fly through the air).

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

I disliked both Witney and Lindsay when they were on SYTYCD.  At that time, I felt that Witney had the edge on Lindsay, but I feel that Lindsay has overtaken her quite substantially on DWTS.  Lindsay has a real talent for appealing to patriotism and hominess and she does that with great success with almost every partner.  I think she's one of the best female pros, not one of the worst.  She doesn't showmance and she rarely (and quite obviously, when forced, reluctantly) plays the controversial games like calling other people ringers and etc.  So I've gone from thinking she was a very pale imitation of Witney's force and fire, to thinking she's one of the best female pros there is.  IIRC, she was utterly brilliant with Skarlatos - she knew just the right touch and all the right moves. She's naturally quite quiet though and perhaps this allows the audience to project their ideas of who she is much more easily than with other pros.  I think she has been fairly good at disguising that DeMarcus is a bit of a clunker - he's not incompetent, but not shockingly stylish either.  That's why I'm constantly surprised when he dances very poorly, because she has been disguising it. (I'm not saying she's not lift-heavy as a choreographer, but I just consider that her signature talent - foolhardy bravery and an overwhelming desire to fly through the air).

I  think lindsay is great teacher but I dont find her to be the best dancer, she leaves nothing for me when she dances. I think witney may be a better dance, as she adds style and swag to her dancing where as Lindsay dancing is just there, its technical but no feeling. I get the same vibe with Sasha, he can dance but his dancing adds nothing, he is just there.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Dancelove said:

13 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

I kinda lump Lindsay and Witney  into the "blond bimbo" category.  Both of them seem like real sweet girls, but I don't think there is much going on between their ears. As far as choreo goes, I sometimes wonder how much of the choreo we see is actually theirs, and how much of it might be someone else's.  I remember Frankie and Witney's Pirates of the Carribbean Argentine tango was actually choreographed by Sharna and Mark, and not Witney.  Also telling is that neither has been on SYTYCD showing off their choreography talent like some other DWTS pros have been on there like Val, Jenna, Sharna, Emma and Sasha. This isn't meant to be a bash Witney and Lindsay post, because as I said, they seem like sweet girls and score high on the likeability scale. And I do like to watch Lindsay and Witney's lifts. 

To be fair, most of the DWTS pros have needed a ringer to win. In fact, I don't think any MBT celeb has won, where there wasn't some type of dance experience involved. 

I've very uncomfortable with referring to our pros as blonde bimbos, especially when I don't think things could be further from the truth.  Neither are overly book smart or worldly and have said some dumb things, but there are all different types of intelligence in this world.  It reeks of misogyny and I'm not here for it.  When you're referring to our male pros as himbos and talking about their intelligence in the say way, then I'll relent.  But I barely see that aimed anywhere else and I don't think our male pros are brain trusts either.

I will say it now and constantly until somebody better comes along, but Lindsay IMO is one of the very best overall teaching and choreography pros we have ever had on this show.  She is IMO right at the very top, so the first comment I don't agree with at all.  To say Lindsay isn't a good teacher because Demarcus isn't getting 10's every week and being the star of every show is fairly ridiculous, when Lindsay has managed to get almost all of her partners (not counting her first season way back in S16) as far as they could possibly go on this show.  Lindsay has had a lot of good partners, but with the exception of Jordan hasn't a lot of the main frontrunners.  She's managed to do well with every partner and get them as far as they could go--see what she did with Alek Skarlatos and she did good work with David Ross to get him as far as he could go in terms of technical ability.  Wanya is the only one that was robbed and IMO it had nothing to do with Lindsay's teaching or choreo.

It also screams of misogyny to me that when a female pro does well with just about every partner they have and then has one partner who is semi mediocre and not being the star of every show, THEY are suddenly a bad pro.  No pro is going to excel with every single partner.  Every person on this show has had weaker seasons and that doesn't call into question their entire body of work before that point. 

Also IMO Lindsay 100% does her own choreography, at least for ballroom dances.  I can't speak to what Witney does currently, but again, I think because people want to label them "bimbos", there is this thought process that they couldn't possibly do their own routines.  A lot of people on this show get help and most times it isn't credited and personally I think it's smart for pros that KNOW that choreo isn't their strong point to get help to deliver better routines as opposed to giving partners sucky material.  Keep in mind this season that Lindsay is flying back and forth to Texas every week and she even documented her entire choreographic process the other week.  She posted stories (that her sister had taken) of her mumbling and dancing to herself in her apartment for hours, working out choreo, the night before she gets on her flight to Texas and then jots in her notebooks and continues to choreograph all during the flight so that she has something put together, at least in part by the time she gets there.  So unless some other pro is getting on the plane with her and going to Dallas and Lindsay is putting on a big fake show of showing fans her choreographic process, she is creating her own routines.  Saying that they must be getting help because they haven't choreographed on SYTYCD doesn't mean much of anything.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 20
5 hours ago, spanana said:

It also screams of misogyny to me that when a female pro does well with just about every partner they have and then has one partner who is semi mediocre and not being the star of every show, THEY are suddenly a bad pro.

No. It screams that these so called Pros aren't good teachers.  Period.   Lindsay might have a creative eye for camera blocking but that's about it.  As far as actually TEACHING something it just isn't there.  Most all of the pros are the same.  This show is about faking it until it looks decent. Problem is for dance fans like me, faking it just doesn't cut it anymore.  It's a mishmash of anything but dance.  I saw the live road show and I wasn't very impressed.   Moreover,  Lindsay wasn't even the best one on the road show.  Disappointing given how much this girl is hyped.  And I am a big fan of Jordan's dancing. He did really well with such little direction. He could emote while she seemed so devoid of passion.  The contemporary could have been so much better if Jordan had someone else with him.  

Edited by Dancelove

Its taken me this long to get everyone sorted out. I can’t help but like John and he’s doing better than I expected. I had no clue who Milo was going into this but now I want him to win. I think he’s good and I enjoy his enthusiasm so much. I like Juan Pablo and Mary Lou. I’m a Harry Potter fan so I want Evanna to do well but I don’t feel like she and Keo really mesh  I wish she could have had a different pro. I find DeMarcus slightly disappointing and I get annoyed with Bobby but enjoy his enjoyment of it all. I do not enjoy Alexis at all and hope she’s gone soon. I’m sure part of that is my hatred of the occupation title “social influencer.” When I scanned her Instagram it just looked like lots of bikinis, boobs and butts. And the less I talk about Joe the better. I never found him that attractive or charming on The Bachelorette/Bachelor in Paradise and he’s adding (or would that be subtracting) from my opinion here. Since we had no elimination this week I vote for a double elimination next week: Joe and Alexis. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, ramble said:

Its taken me this long to get everyone sorted out. I can’t help but like John and he’s doing better than I expected. I had no clue who Milo was going into this but now I want him to win. I think he’s good and I enjoy his enthusiasm so much. I like Juan Pablo and Mary Lou. I’m a Harry Potter fan so I want Evanna to do well but I don’t feel like she and Keo really mesh  I wish she could have had a different pro. I find DeMarcus slightly disappointing and I get annoyed with Bobby but enjoy his enjoyment of it all. I do not enjoy Alexis at all and hope she’s gone soon. I’m sure part of that is my hatred of the occupation title “social influencer.” When I scanned her Instagram it just looked like lots of bikinis, boobs and butts. And the less I talk about Joe the better. I never found him that attractive or charming on The Bachelorette/Bachelor in Paradise and he’s adding (or would that be subtracting) from my opinion here. Since we had no elimination this week I vote for a double elimination next week: Joe and Alexis. 

Alexis occupation doesnt bother me because u cant judge a person by the job they do, however I feel like she needs to promote her damn team more. For her to basically have social media career, she doesnt know a damn thing about promotion when it comes to her team. I guess she thinks she is going to get votes based on her look and fake showmance she got going on with Alan and not by her promoting her team.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Alexis occupation doesnt bother me because u cant judge a person by the job they do, however I feel like she needs to promote her damn team more. For her to basically have social media career, she doesnt know a damn thing about promotion when it comes to her team. I guess she thinks she is going to get votes based on her look and fake showmance she got going on with Alan and not by her promoting her team.

ITA w/you. If a person wants to post 1/2 nude or all nude pics on IG, I say go for it. That is if they have the body for it. And Alexis (while a bit on the skinny side) has a pretty good body. I wouldn't mind looking like her, but unfortunately those days are way gone for me. LOL!  No one should dictate what kind of job you have.  It is strange that she is not promoting herself and Alan. I bet a majority of her followers don't even know she is on the show. And I bet a lot of her followers are male. They are not DWTS viewers for the most part. 

Anyways, I sure hope they make it to the finals. I think that Alan would choreograph a great freestyle.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, BeeBop88 said:

ITA w/you. If a person wants to post 1/2 nude or all nude pics on IG, I say go for it. That is if they have the body for it. And Alexis (while a bit on the skinny side) has a pretty good body. I wouldn't mind looking like her, but unfortunately those days are way gone for me. LOL!  No one should dictate what kind of job you have.  It is strange that she is not promoting herself and Alan. I bet a majority of her followers don't even know she is on the show. And I bet a lot of her followers are male. They are not DWTS viewers for the most part. 

Anyways, I sure hope they make it to the finals. I think that Alan would choreograph a great freestyle.

I do want see Alan choreograph a freestyle but Im just not feeling his partnership with Alexis, I dont know what it is, I did like them but I dont know what really changed for me. 

6 hours ago, Dancelove said:

No. It screams that these so called Pros aren't good teachers.  Period.   Lindsay might have a creative eye for camera blocking but that's about it.  As far as actually TEACHING something it just isn't there.  Most all of the pros are the same.  This show is about faking it until it looks decent. Problem is for dance fans like me, faking it just doesn't cut it anymore.  It's a mishmash of anything but dance.  I saw the live road show and I wasn't very impressed.   Moreover,  Lindsay wasn't even the best one on the road show.  Disappointing given how much this girl is hyped.  And I am a big fan of Jordan's dancing. He did really well with such little direction. He could emote while she seemed so devoid of passion.  The contemporary could have been so much better if Jordan had someone else with him.  

I have been to about 4-5 live shows since they started doing it. I go with a bunch of friends and it is really fun. We met them a couple of times out at the buses after the show, and I have yet to meet a pro dancer that was rude to their fans, even Gleb came across as a nice guy the one time I talked to him. But I have to say, for a pro who has never won a MBT, Sharna really knows how to stand out from the others. It is funny how she kind of takes command of the show. I have to admit she definitely has a gift of gab. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, spanana said:

I've very uncomfortable with referring to our pros as blonde bimbos, especially when I don't think things could be further from the truth.  Neither are overly book smart or worldly and have said some dumb things, but there are all different types of intelligence in this world.  It reeks of misogyny and I'm not here for it.  When you're referring to our male pros as himbos and talking about their intelligence in the say way, then I'll relent.  But I barely see that aimed anywhere else and I don't think our male pros are brain trusts either.

I will say it now and constantly until somebody better comes along, but Lindsay IMO is one of the very best overall teaching and choreography pros we have ever had on this show.  She is IMO right at the very top, so the first comment I don't agree with at all.  To say Lindsay isn't a good teacher because Demarcus isn't getting 10's every week and being the star of every show is fairly ridiculous, when Lindsay has managed to get almost all of her partners (not counting her first season way back in S16) as far as they could possibly go on this show.  Lindsay has had a lot of good partners, but with the exception of Jordan hasn't a lot of the main frontrunners.  She's managed to do well with every partner and get them as far as they could go--see what she did with Alek Skarlatos and she did good work with David Ross to get him as far as he could go in terms of technical ability.  Wanya is the only one that was robbed and IMO it had nothing to do with Lindsay's teaching or choreo.

It also screams of misogyny to me that when a female pro does well with just about every partner they have and then has one partner who is semi mediocre and not being the star of every show, THEY are suddenly a bad pro.  No pro is going to excel with every single partner.  Every person on this show has had weaker seasons and that doesn't call into question their entire body of work before that point. 

Also IMO Lindsay 100% does her own choreography, at least for ballroom dances.  I can't speak to what Witney does currently, but again, I think because people want to label them "bimbos", there is this thought process that they couldn't possibly do their own routines.  A lot of people on this show get help and most times it isn't credited and personally I think it's smart for pros that KNOW that choreo isn't their strong point to get help to deliver better routines as opposed to giving partners sucky material.  Keep in mind this season that Lindsay is flying back and forth to Texas every week and she even documented her entire choreographic process the other week.  She posted stories (that her sister had taken) of her mumbling and dancing to herself in her apartment for hours, working out choreo, the night before she gets on her flight to Texas and then jots in her notebooks and continues to choreograph all during the flight so that she has something put together, at least in part by the time she gets there.  So unless some other pro is getting on the plane with her and going to Dallas and Lindsay is putting on a big fake show of showing fans her choreographic process, she is creating her own routines.  Saying that they must be getting help because they haven't choreographed on SYTYCD doesn't mean much of anything.

For the record, I am not a misogynist, but thanks for your input. Every one has their own opinions on things, that is what makes the world go around. It would be boring if everyone thought and felt the same way about every thing.

Edited by BeeBop88
27 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I do want see Alan choreograph a freestyle but Im just not feeling his partnership with Alexis, I dont know what it is, I did like them but I dont know what really changed for me. 

Yeah, I can do without the showmance. Have never liked it. But other than the showmance, I kinda like their partnership.  I can believe it when they said in an earlier package they have a brother and sister relationship. Now that TPTB are trying to make it into a showmance it is kind of icky to me. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

Yeah, I can do without the showmance. Have never liked it. But other than the showmance, I kinda like their partnership.  I can believe it when they said in an earlier package they have a brother and sister relationship. Now that TPTB are trying to make it into a showmance it is kind of icky to me. 

Last week, I said that I like how Alexis and Maddie were teasing Alan like brother and sisters.  They mentioned their brother/sister relationship during the show.  Their teasing reminded me of when Lindsey and Kristy were teasing Mark.  It was cute.  I commented that I'm glad that they weren't going through the showmance route.

So of course this week, TPTB want them to do that.  Ugh!!  Alexis dance this week was lovely.  As others and I previously mentioned, she's good with contemporary and Standard ballroom.  She's clean when she does Latin but needs more fire.

10 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

Last week, I said that I like how Alexis and Maddie were teasing Alan like brother and sisters.  They mentioned their brother/sister relationship during the show.  Their teasing reminded me of when Lindsey and Kristy were teasing Mark.  It was cute.  I commented that I'm glad that they weren't going through the showmance route.

So of course this week, TPTB want them to do that.  Ugh!!  Alexis dance this week was lovely.  As others and I previously mentioned, she's good with contemporary and Standard ballroom.  She's clean when she does Latin but needs more fire.

From what some are saying, Alexis is suppose to be going on tour, I dont know how true this but if indeed she is one of the tour celebs or the one and only celeb then  I can totally see why tptb is pushing a showmance all of sudden, I just hope it doesnt backfire on them because its coming off fake and alot people arent falling for it.

As far as actually TEACHING something it just isn't there.  Most all of the pros are the same.  This show is about faking it until it looks decent.

As it has always been. The contestants are essentially taking a weeklong intensive in 1 (and eventually two) dance forms. No one is going to be able to meaningfully teach a beginner in that amount of time and no one is going to meaningfully learn in that amount of time. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, vdw84 said:

From what some are saying, Alexis is suppose to be going on tour, I dont know how true this but if indeed she is one of the tour celebs or the one and only celeb then  I can totally see why tptb is pushing a showmance all of sudden, I just hope it doesnt backfire on them because its coming off fake and alot people arent falling for it.

If it is true that Alexis has agreed to go on tour, then she will be in the finals. I don't think any celeb that toured with DWTS pros has not been in the finals. I think Milo would do the tour too.  Witney is touring this time. DeMarcus has a football coaching job or some kind of job, so he would be out. Also Lindsay is not touring this time.  I don't think Juan Pablo would do the tour due to acting schedule with fuller house.  And Cheryl is not touring with the group. Some people have connected on who goes on tour to who is in the finale and where those people place. 

2 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

If it is true that Alexis has agreed to go on tour, then she will be in the finals. I don't think any celeb that toured with DWTS pros has not been in the finals. I think Milo would do the tour too.  Witney is touring this time. DeMarcus has a football coaching job or some kind of job, so he would be out. Also Lindsay is not touring this time.  I don't think Juan Pablo would do the tour due to acting schedule with fuller house.  And Cheryl is not touring with the group. Some people have connected on who goes on tour to who is in the finale and where those people place. 

Yes, this has become more and more obvious the past few seasons and I hate it. If you aren't going on the tour, don't expect to win.

In general, I hate all the ways the show tries to manipulate the results on the show. And because of it, we hardly get any surprises anymore. No Donald Driver over Katherine and William, no Shawn Johnson beating out Gilles by less than one percent of the vote, no Rob Kardashian coming in second place, etc.

Edited by calipiano81

I just got around to watching this because I was so annoyed by what happened with Tinashe that I put it off. I am absolutely flabbergasted at what is happening this season - what is with all the women being in the bottom/going home?!? I know no one actually went this week, but still the wrong people in the bottom again! How on earth are Joe and Bobby escaping???? I also find it maddening that the judges are contributing to the problem by underscoring and nitpicking the women - why the hell did Evanna and Mary Lou get those scores - they deserved higher!!! I started off happy with this season because it didn't seem like there was a real obvious front runner, but this is getting ridiculous. I am getting so frustrated by the results that I might dump this one and just stick with the Juniors show which I am weirdly enjoying much more......

• Love 3
On 10/25/2018 at 11:05 AM, crowceilidh said:

Interesting.  I had the opposite opinion of them on SYTYCD.  Lindsay, to me, was the better technician while Witney was better at flirting and cheesing for the camera.  It left me with the impression that Witney, being knockout gorgeous, got used to getting away with more and Lindsay, being beautiful but not on Witney's level of gorgeous had to work at it more.  Now on DWTS we see that Lindsay having always had to work a little harder, seems to be better at coaching, at least to me, and Witney either does well or checks out.    All just my opinion of course.    I do agree completely about DeMarcus.  Seeing him next to Rashad really showed the difference and Lindsay has been covering a lot.  Yes, he's tremendously strong, and yes, she does love to fly, but he's not so great as a dancer.  

• Love 2