Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E07: Week 5: Disney Night

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Bridget said:

It is so fake and contrived that it’s my least favorite night. The costumes always look ridiculous to me as well, which I find to be even more odd given the show’s ability to use all images and likenesses from the Disney Company. However, I think we can all agree Sharna looked amazing! (I just wish she’d dye her eyebrows to match her hair.) My least favorite holiday is Halloween, but I’d much rather watch ridiculous dancing zombies and mummies dancing to songs with “ghost” in the title than Disney Night.

I will eat my hat if a 58 year old man can show us he’s got any music from The Jungle Book in his musical library. I’m sure he had the book, but does John Schneider really “still love that song”? Hmmmm......

Alexis & Alan’s “showmance”? I can’t even believe TPTB think we are dumb enough to believe that storyline, especially after the comment about being like siblings last week. Also, every time I watch Alexis dance, all I can see are her boobs. 

Yup. I said it.

She’s incredibly thin to begin with and her costumes highlight that as well. No one I know who is that thin is also that well endowed. Are her boobs fake?

I could have quoted your entire post since I agree with all of it.   Disney is incredibly over praised, but they're the boss so bring on the butt kissing.   I'm just not a huge fan of either it or of Halloween.    

About John... I had that song on a record as a kid, too.  It brings a little nostalgia, but I far from "love it".

And I'm 99.99 percent sure Alexis has implants.  You can practically see the outlines since she has no body fat to smooth things over.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I'm sure that kid is one of the DWTS Junior celeb kids and I'm equally sure he is perfectly charming over there, but he annoyed me tonight. And yes, I wouldn't want to be talked at or "cheered up" by a ten year old.

I've only watched the 1st episode of Juniors and that kid annoyed me then and he annoyed the hell out of me last night.  He's the reason I didn't continue watching.   Even though I love this show, I think Disney has ruined it.  Not talking about Disney night, but the whole show in general.   Once they got their hands on the production and made it family friendly, it just hasn't been the same.    For me. 

• Love 3

I thought the costuming for the Incredibles was really cute but wanted to see jazz or jive or something they could have really taken advantage of those unitards.  The quickstep didn’t seem fast to me...it seemed awkward.  And Milo had cell phone neck in a lot of hold parts which I guess is a by product of having costumes that are tight from top of head to toe.

Speaking of costumes I wasn’t a fan of Mary Lou’s either.  That weird belt didn’t do her figure any favors.  I think costumes should be flattering first because it can detract from the lines of a dancer and she’s not tall to begin with.  

I don’t watch Disney and am not familiar with any of these songs so maybe I don’t connect with the costuming as Oh It’s from That Movie yay!!  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Bridget said:

I will eat my hat if a 58 year old man can show us he’s got any music from The Jungle Book in his musical library. I’m sure he had the book, but does John Schneider really “still love that song”? Hmmmm......

I liked when he felt the need to specify that that song was his favorite from "his childhood life" and it's still his favorite in his "adult life". I was like, "...so, basically, your whole life, then?" Why not just say that instead?

I could buy that some of these people may genuinely love Disney films-lots of people grew up with them and enjoy them, or watched them with their own children, or whatever. But I also take your point that some of these people's enthusiasm can sound rather forced/phony.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I could buy that some of these people may genuinely love Disney films-lots of people grew up with them and enjoy them, or watched them with their own children, or whatever. But I also take your point that some of these people's enthusiasm can sound rather forced/phony.

I think it's because the pre-package portion feels scripted and sometimes are. I love Disney, I'll always love Disney, but I don't need to tell people outright that I love Disney. 

I only caught the dances online last night. 

Alexis and John had the best dances of the night for me. John is someone I'd love to see in the finals, but don't think he's getting there while Milo, Joe, and Bobby are still around. I'm convinced those three guys will be in the finale. I do think part of my enjoyment for John is the fact that I expected so little of him pre-season. I thought he'd suck right off the bat and he'd either go first or we'd get stuck with him for a while ala Joe. What he proved is that he is a capable dancer and he's worked so well with Emma. 

I did enjoy Alexis and Alan's dance. What Alan is good at doing is utilizing his partner and not needing the troupe members. When he focuses on choreographing the dance, he's good at focusing on the moves. Luckily I didn't see any of the pre-package segments so I missed the showmance angle from these two.

Joe's....getting slightly better. I do tend to agree that Jenna's just a shit mentor since she didn't choreograph a very good dance. It seemed like she was fed up with Joe and just told him to stand there for half the dance so she could dance around him. I get that he's not a good dancer and doesn't want to be there to begin with, but I feel like other pros could have gotten more out of him. 

I thought Evanna's dance was good, for a jazz number anyway. 

I like Demarcus, but I think him doing well has more to do with Lindsay's choreography and ability to work to his strengths, rather than him being really good. I noticed it in his dance last night, where I think he fumbled on some of his steps. Lindsay utilizes lifts with her taller partners, that's for sure. That's not to say he isn't good, because he does have to have some ability with those lifts, but I was mostly ok with him being in jeopardy. 

All the other dances were good but nothing too memorable for me. I love Milo, but I didn't love that quickstep. 

I do fully expect Alexis to go in the next two weeks, all because of Joe and Bobby fans. Joe is STILL not in jeopardy, even with the judges trying to give him low scores without hurting his feelings. 

• Love 3

The pimping of Joe has to stop. He is getting any better. Its very painful to watch him dance. He is so stiff, no rhythmn at all. If any of the nondancers deserve to stay, it will be John, he is actually improving but Joe and even Bobby r getting on everlasting nerves.

14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I do fully expect Alexis to go in the next two weeks, all because of Joe and Bobby fans. Joe is STILL not in jeopardy, even with the judges trying to give him low scores without hurting his feelings. 

Alexis is better at lyrical type dances like what she did last night. I havent liked any of her latin dances, she just doesnt have stage presence for it, she gets the steps but leaves nothing to desire emotion wise.

• Love 4

I do feel bad for Joe. I just imagine myself trying so hard to be good at something that i'll never be good at (such as singing).. because everyone has that thing. Dancing is Joe's thing. A lot of people can work hard at something and get better but some people just are bad at what they're bad at. Does he look thrilled to be there? No. But he isn't being nasty, he keeps a smile on his face and goes back out there every week after constant criticisms and the lowest scores ever. I don't vote and I wouldn't vote for him if I did but he doesn't bother me. He's just as shocked that he's sticking around as everyone else is.. but he's not gonna just forfeit.

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

He's just as shocked that he's sticking around as everyone else is.. but he's not gonna just forfeit.

You're right, and he shouldn't have to.  There have been other dancers that stayed around longer than they should have but they had pros that were smart enough to cover it up better.

• Love 6

I don't blame joe for him still being there. He knows he sucks and will never fully improve but its his fans that keep voting for him, with that said Jenna needs stfu. Saying the package that the show is about teaching someone that has never dance to dance before, well in that case she needs to give her trophy back she won with Adam who had major experienced. I hate when pros become hypocritical when they have nondancers vs ringers.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Uke said:

If this is about my comment about shoehorning a dance style into music that doesn't fit, that was not a criticism of Keo.  Just the opposite actually.  He did the best he could with what he was given.  Production chooses the dance style and music.  It used to be that the pro would submit a list of songs they would like that would be fitting for all the various dances that might be assigned.  I don't know if the pros still do that. But just for the record, I like Keo just fine.

It's not. I don't come here that often and every time I do regardless of the season I see a negative comment about Keo. Someone even laughed that he was the first to go on the Juniors said he couldn't cut it there either. Since I don't watch all the time I was just wondering if he had done something or if thee had been some controversy. I just remember him being given not so promising Partners when he first started and maybe that's just dejected them to a certain degree. I think he dances just fine no better no worse than some of the rest of them even with the choreography

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Enough of the kids already! If I wanted to see the kids, I'd be watching Juniors. I'm not and there's a reason for that. I don't want to see them dance, I don't want to see them ham it up. I wanted to smack that one kid upside the head every time he appeared on my screen.

I agree. I saw a few minutes of that show and it was enough. Those kids are cute, but if I wanted to watch them I would watch that particular show. They need to stop shoving it down our throats.

Sorry, but even the cute kid doesn't make Joe likeable.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, boyznkatz said:

I agree. I saw a few minutes of that show and it was enough. Those kids are cute, but if I wanted to watch them I would watch that particular show. They need to stop shoving it down our throats.

Sorry, but even the cute kid doesn't make Joe likeable.

They keep pushing the kids because they want make sure dwts jr is a success. I have no idea how the ratings have been for that show because I dont truly watch the show, I just may watch a few dances online and thats it. With the decline in dwts ratings, cant imagine the juniors being any better.

1 minute ago, vdw84 said:

They keep pushing the kids because they want make sure dwts jr is a success. I have no idea how the ratings have been for that show because I dont truly watch the show, I just may watch a few dances online and thats it. With the decline in dwts ratings, cant imagine the juniors being any better.

I wouldn't say it's a bad show. It's just not something I want to watch. I would have probably liked it when I was a kid, though. I must say Frankie is a weird choice for that show, although Jordan rocks with kids. He would be perfect for Sesame Street or something. Frankie is all kinds of awkward.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, boyznkatz said:

I wouldn't say it's a bad show. It's just not something I want to watch. I would have probably liked it when I was a kid, though. I must say Frankie is a weird choice for that show, although Jordan rocks with kids. He would be perfect for Sesame Street or something. Frankie is all kinds of awkward.

I liked Frankie his season on dwts but i just think he was an odd choice to be cohost for dwts juniors. Nothing about him screams kid magnet, the same with the judges they chose. I mean they have three judges who want necessarily help gravitate to kids wanting to watch this show.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I liked Frankie his season on dwts but i just think he was an odd choice to be cohost for dwts juniors. Nothing about him screams kid magnet, the same with the judges they chose. I mean they have three judges who want necessarily help gravitate to kids wanting to watch this show.

I agree. I don't think they would care about Frankie or those three judges. Jordan was a good choice. They have plenty of Disney kids they could have used as judges, or that big kid who dances with that Ziegler girl could have been one. The way they have it now, it's not really going to appeal to adults or kids.

5 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I agree. I don't think they would care about Frankie or those three judges. Jordan was a good choice. They have plenty of Disney kids they could have used as judges, or that big kid who dances with that Ziegler girl could have been one. The way they have it now, it's not really going to appeal to adults or kids.

Jordan was great choice because he is nothing but a big kid anyway and he can pass for being in his teens, no lie. Val, Adam, Mandy and Frankie were bad choices.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Jordan was great choice because he is nothing but a big kid anyway and he can pass for being in his teens, no lie. Val, Adam, Mandy and Frankie were bad choices.

All of them look old and awkward next to those children, except for Jordan. 

Witney looks like a teenager. Maybe she would have worked better than Val.

I like Frankie but Jordan is really terrific with the kids and just seems more into the Jr's show, before and after the filming. He really took those kids under his wing and acted more like a mentor. When they finished taping the JRs edition he threw an ice cream party for them. DWTS would probably kill to have another winner like him especially with his Disney connection.

• Love 6

Why is Lindsey considered the Charleston queen? I'm baffled. Her Charleston choreography has always been lacking to me. What she choreographed for Demarcus, was NOT Charleston. It was a Freestyle, IMHO. Two bars of Charleston at the very end of the performance does not make the dance a Charleston. Even Len commented there was not a lot of Charleston going on. He was never so right.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

Why is Lindsey considered the Charleston queen? I'm baffled. Her Charleston choreography has always been lacking to me. What she choreographed for Demarcus, was NOT Charleston. It was a Freestyle, IMHO. Two bars of Charleston at the very end of the performance does not make the dance a Charleston. Even Len commented there was not a lot of Charleston going on. He was never so right.

There were way too many dancers in his routine, and it was crap. I like Demarcus, but if he doesn't start standing out more, sadly I think he may be going soon.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

There were way too many dancers in his routine, and it was crap. I like Demarcus, but if he doesn't start standing out more, sadly I think he may be going soon.

I never got his hype anyway. Just because he was a football player, he was instantley hyped by cha cha cha week 1 that all football players get so they can get the viewers hype.  I like him as a person and seems like a good person but I just never was at awe with his dancing. 

10 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

Her charleston with Jordan was good,  their second one not first one but overall, I never liked Lindsay much outside of her ballroom/latin tbh. I know she is crosstrained but I just don't think outside ballroom dances doing anything for me. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, vdw84 said:

I don't like Mandy as a choreographer, especially for DWTS, but IMO she's a fantastic judge.  She's not going to be a get in terms of fanbase or appeal to the kids, but she's the only judge on that show actually judging anything and providing constructive criticism. Val is usually vague and Adam just tells everyone how cute they are.

Frankie isn't horrible to me, but he's mostly there to collect his paycheck and it's clear he hasn't really bonded with the kids the way Jordan goes out of his way to do.

On Disney night it's rare for anyone to get called out on lack of dance style.  I think it's partially accepted that in order to do the big production Disney numbers the show wants on that night that some liberties will be taken.

As for the kids, I think Ariana and Jason were the chosen celeb kids since they are both actors and can easily deliver lines on a live show and also both have Disney connections. Both are on or have been on Disney Channel, not to mention Ariana being part of the Marvel universe.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, spanana said:

I don't like Mandy as a choreographer, especially for DWTS, but IMO she's a fantastic judge.  She's not going to be a get in terms of fanbase or appeal to the kids, but she's the only judge on that show actually judging anything and providing constructive criticism. Val is usually vague and Adam just tells everyone how cute they are.

Frankie isn't horrible to me, but he's mostly there to collect his paycheck and it's clear he hasn't really bonded with the kids the way Jordan goes out of his way to do.

I agree Mandy is the best judge. Val just hasnt got in the groove of it yet, I think its because he has competed and he is scared of coming hypocritical which he already has. No comment on Adam, I still trying to figure out of all the dwts winners, why they thought he would be great choice.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Yeah he's sure gone downhill quick for me. And last week watching him next to Rashad made me see he's not as good as I thought. 

18 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Well, they do have Milo.

For sure. He would be such a great winner and who  I'm mostly voting for. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, vdw84 said:

The pimping of Joe has to stop. He is getting any better. Its very painful to watch him dance. He is so stiff, no rhythmn at all. If any of the nondancers deserve to stay, it will be John, he is actually improving but Joe and even Bobby r getting on everlasting nerves.

Alexis is better at lyrical type dances like what she did last night. I havent liked any of her latin dances, she just doesnt have stage presence for it, she gets the steps but leaves nothing to desire emotion wise.

He looks like he wants his hands to fall off and is walking on marshmallows.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Bridget said:

She’s incredibly thin to begin with and her costumes highlight that as well. No one I know who is that thin is also that well endowed. Are her boobs fake?

Yes. They are way too big for her slight frame and it is very distracting for me as a viewer. Not the best surgical choice for her, she could have gone with a B or even C cup and looked much more natural.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Yes. They are way too big for her slight frame and it is very distracting for me as a viewer. Not the best surgical choice for her, she could have gone with a B or even C cup and looked much more natural.

I still cant get over Lens obsession with her. I have never known Alexis would be the female  Len would be obsessed over, I thought it would be Evanna because she just screams someone that Len would like and I knew it wouldnt be Tinashe because Len usually hates any female contestant who has a hiphop background because he hates hiphop.

Alexis got overscored and she's getting the romance edit with Alan. She isn't getting the votes, is she?

Without a doubt. I always had Alexis as a mid-season boot so I don't doubt for a second she's not getting a lot of votes. But yeah, total overscoring of her and major underscoring of Evanna, which leads me to believe they're sacrificing Evanna for her. Since I'm sure next week will be a double elimination. 

Yes, she even got her boyfriend stop following her. Someone on instagram is spilling tea. Her boyfriend and her r not broken up but the producers want create a showmance. She is not getting the votes. She needs to start promoting her team more. She doesnt really post anything about them, only alan promotes.

Don't know about the tea, though it wouldn't surprise me since I have seen many pairings do some really dumb shit for that tacky trophy (looking at you Noah Galloway and that conveniently timed on-air proposal) but I do agree about her not promoting them on her Instagram. She apparently does share stories of their rehearsal but those are deleted after 24 hours. She rarely makes posts in her feed telling people to vote, showing their rehearsal, etc. And it's weird because by all accounts she does seem like really does want to be there and really enjoys being on the show. Like I know she got her followers because of her half naked beauty shots on her page but if she doesn't push to try and get those people to vote for her, who would vote? Alan has an okay sized fanbase but certainly not one big enough to solely carry them. 

I had the impression that Alan is gay, but I don't know why. 

Well if he is, he's definitely  not out about it, considering he dated Hayley a few years ago when they both competed on season 10 of SYTYCD. Yes, that Hayley who is with Derek. It's not really talked about but the fans who loved him and her during SYTYCD remember the many gushy and loving social media posts from back then.

I have enjoyed Milo a lot and he's still my prediction to win but I did not enjoy that Quickstep at all. I wasn't in love with the choreography and I felt like he looked a bit pigeon toed, like his feet were close to tripping over each other. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I still cant get over Lens obsession with her. I have never known Alexis would be the female  Len would be obsessed over, I thought it would be Evanna because she just screams someone that Len would like and I knew it wouldnt be Tinashe because Len usually hates any female contestant who has a hiphop background because he hates hiphop.

He ogles all the pretty women on the show. How is she any different? Evanna is more cute than hot...not his type.

I can't stand the little kids being on this show. Don't they have their own program? Are DWTS pros all over the place and in every dance on the juniors show? I ask because I've never seen one episode and never will. Hated every little kid who was on stage last night.

I thought Milo's costume would have been cool if it was padded up with fake muscles, and the same with his partner's spandex costume. He looked nothing like a super hero and everything like a skinny teenager in embarrassingly skin-tight red tights. Which I guess it was. Adding giant muscles would have been cool and fit the character too.

I thought DeMarcus looked great in his routine. I say "routine" since I didn't notice any dancing.

I liked Juan Pablo's outfit and loved his ponytail. It suited him. And me.

Anyone else irritated with Gleb ogling the camera every chance he gets? I'm surprised he can locate his partner after staring into the camera lens at every chance. Maybe he can see his reflection in it.

The disappointment of the night was no elimination after those two were put in jeopardy. I was ready to see Alexis go home.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I can't stand the little kids being on this show. Don't they have their own program? Are DWTS pros all over the place and in every dance on the juniors show? I ask because I've never seen one episode and never will. Hated every little kid who was on stage last night.

Well yes considering the adult pros play mentor roles on the Jrs show, they are all over that show.  Less in a dancing capacity, though they did dance in the first episodes. However there is a lot less filler right now on Jrs. since episodes are condensed into an hour.  Plus Val is a judge.

The Jrs. were on this show as a clear means of promotion for Jrs. That was legitimately the only purpose.  Marketing.  From that standpoint it made sense, especially in the context of Disney night.

I have no idea on Alan's sexuality and that is his business, but I never thought he was gay.  He and Paige used to flirt a lot when she was on the show as well.  I haven't paid attention to him long, but I just haven't seen his various flirtations blossom into an actual relationship unless he's kept it under wraps. I didn't follow him when he was on SYTYCD so I didn't know he used to date Hayley.

I will say I thought Alan did a decent job of sidestepping the showmance talk in the live show last night, unless I'm misremembering.  He usually diverted the attention back to where it was supposed to be or made a joke or something.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

He ogles all the pretty women on the show. How is she any different? Evanna is more cute than hot...not his type.

He didnt ogle Tinashe and Tinashe to me was byfar the most attractive female this season but again she isnt his type, I mean naturally attractive.

7 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I love Disney, but a lot of the songs on the show were from movies that are very recent, and one (the internet one) was from a movie that is being released next month.   So, yeah, I agree that the enthusiasm is a bit forced, as far as enthusiasm for the songs.  

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, spanana said:

I will say I thought Alan did a decent job of sidestepping the showmance talk in the live show last night, unless I'm misremembering.  He usually diverted the attention back to where it was supposed to be or made a joke or something.

I was surprised Erin wasn't getting in on it since she usually loves giving it to Alan as much as she does Keo.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Without a doubt. I always had Alexis as a mid-season boot so I don't doubt for a second she's not getting a lot of votes. But yeah, total overscoring of her and major underscoring of Evanna, which leads me to believe they're sacrificing Evanna for her. Since I'm sure next week will be a double elimination. 

Don't know about the tea, though it wouldn't surprise me since I have seen many pairings do some really dumb shit for that tacky trophy (looking at you Noah Galloway and that conveniently timed on-air proposal) but I do agree about her not promoting them on her Instagram. She apparently does share stories of their rehearsal but those are deleted after 24 hours. She rarely makes posts in her feed telling people to vote, showing their rehearsal, etc. And it's weird because by all accounts she does seem like really does want to be there and really enjoys being on the show. Like I know she got her followers because of her half naked beauty shots on her page but if she doesn't push to try and get those people to vote for her, who would vote? Alan has an okay sized fanbase but certainly not one big enough to solely carry them. 

I have enjoyed Milo a lot and he's still my prediction to win but I did not enjoy that Quickstep at all. I wasn't in love with the choreography and I felt like he looked a bit pigeon toed, like his feet were close to tripping over each other. 

That's very weird that she's not promoting them, given that her "job" title is social media influencer and she was bragging about her following from the beginning. And it's not like there's a limit to how much crap you can post on social media, she can still do the nudie shots in between posts about voting. Strange.

The (seemingly fake) showmance angle annoyed me so much that I couldn't pay attention to the dance, I knew it would be followed by a lot of cringeworthy innuendo from the judges and Erin and I was too busy dreading that to follow the dance. They have zero chemistry and her video package last week about thinking he was like an annoying little brother was much more believable than the coy denials of this week. 

Something about Alan bugs me, so I have a hard time being objective about his dance ability or his looks. There's just something very try-hard about him that's unappealing to me. 

Speaking of try-hards...

Anyone else irritated with Gleb ogling the camera every chance he gets? I'm surprised he can locate his partner after staring into the camera lens at every chance. Maybe he can see his reflection in it.

Ugh, this guy. Talk about someone who can always find his lens. (There's a guy in the troupe who also does it, but that guy kinda makes me laugh. You can always tells the troupe members who are most likely to push an active pro down a flight of stairs to get their big break as a sub/future pro and my money's on that guy, whatever his name is.) But Gleb is a real-life Gaston, to tie this comment to the topic, his ego enters the floor long before he does. I'm happy he usually gets crappy partners, I'd have a hard time rooting for any pairing that includes him.

Objectively, I can see that he's attractive, but ego is such a turn-off to me. I like the low-key pros who manage to be sexy without seeming to try, like Artem, IMO. And anyone remember Tristan? Super hot and managed to make Nancy Grace nearly likable...what a feat!

I will admit to feeling a smidge of sympathy - a small smidge, mind you - for Joe for having to dance to that particular song of all songs but he looked and acted miserable the whole time, which is hard to do on Disney week. After seeing Jenna's reaction to the judges commenting on the lack of specific dance content in all of their dances - look, everyone knows Joe isn't the best dancer, but when you compare it to what Emma has been able to do with John and even what Sharna has done with Bobby, I can't help but think that Joe would look respectable by now if he was paired with Emma or at least any pro that wasn't Jenna. (Not Cheryl. Cheryl would have eaten Joe alive.)

I don't have much background on Jenna, the only season I really saw of hers was with the ice skater who came in at a near pro level and I liked her then, but I don't know what to make of her here. She's got the biggest challenge for sure, Bobby and John have more raw talent, but much more importantly, they are both performers in one sense or another, so they're more animated. On top of having 2 left feet, he has no performance background and is too shy to even try. Just an all-around bad fit for this show. 

But it would have been interesting to see him with a pro who might have been able to pull something out of him. Jenna looks utterly over this experience and while I can't entirely blame her, it is her job at the same time. Really, I just wish the voters would put them both out of their misery. These dances aren't even fun to watch in a so-bad-they're-good kind of way, it's just secondhand embarrassment.

Milo's dance was a little bit of a disappointment after really liking his dance last week. That costume was a poor choice for that dance in many ways, but it showed some sloppiness in his legs that might always be there but you just can't see it in regular pants. There was a moment in the middle where he appearing to be running across the stage instead of doing whatever Witney was doing and the tights just magnified the weirdness. 

• Love 2

Really dumb question alert!   Since Demarcus and Alexis were in the bottom two but no one was eliminated, does that rollover to next week?  Or will their dances/votes be only counted for this week?  Sorry - I only watch in bits and pieces and this year is the first year I'm watching all the episodes.

25 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

They have zero chemistry and her video package last week about thinking he was like an annoying little brother was much more believable than the coy denials of this week. 

This, another reason this showmance will go nowhere. She basically brozone him last week but now we are suppose believe she is falling for her bro, lol. I cant with dwts with these force showmances, just stop. If a romance is real it want have to be pushed by the producers, it will just happen and it will happen without any of us knowing, not contrived like this.

9 minutes ago, LBS said:

Really dumb question alert!   Since Demarcus and Alexis were in the bottom two but no one was eliminated, does that rollover to next week?  Or will their dances/votes be only counted for this week?  Sorry - I only watch in bits and pieces and this year is the first year I'm watching all the episodes.

Demarcus and Alexis get a chance to have people vote from this week so those votes will carry on to next week which can help if they get enough votes.

• Love 1

Please tell me I wasn't the only one picturing the Bocellis as Donald/Daffy duelling pianos...

20 hours ago, friendperidot said:

Overall, I just don't care much for Disney night, I'm not a particular Disney fan and I was at Disneyland in August of 1955, it opened in July of 1955, I loved it as a 5 yr old, but I'm no longer 5.

My favorite thing about Disney night is the animations they include. I think they're cute, especially when Tom "interacts" with them. 

19 hours ago, Electruck said:

I thought something about DeMarcus’s feet was weird. I think it was his footwear styling making his feet look really stiff. Poor choice if that’s what it was.

His dancing seemed very...stompy.

Edited by ams1001
typo
  • Love 5

I know Disney owns ABC, but I can’t stand Disney Night.

I still roll my eyes every single time the pros/celebs profess with such sincere exuberance how much they love Disney and are obsessed with Disney movies, characters or the music.

Really?!?! It is so fake and contrived that it’s my least favorite night. The costumes always look ridiculous to me as well, which I find to be even more odd given the show’s ability to use all images and likenesses from the Disney Company.

I have loathed Disney pretty much my whole life and I find the desperate neediness of Disney night somewhat amusing.  Do they really need this much crossover stuff going on?  I thought they had enough money.  NO? There's never enough money?  The whole thing is just revolting and, I suspect, Disney night seems to me to have been the night that caused all the theme nights (or was that so many Halloween theme nights?) and they seem so locked into them now and they're so clunky and non-entertaining....  Rant rant rant.

Also, every time I watch Alexis dance, all I can see are her boobs. 

Yup. I said it.

Glad someone finally mentioned this.  I would have before now except that I was feeling like a perv for only ever being able to see her breasts and/or I just don't care about her very much.  Is it my imagination or does Alan choreograph her breast spin (leaning her head back over his arms until her breasts are the tallest projection on her body) every single show?   Imagination? Arighty then.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

The low neckline on her gown gave away any doubt that her boobs are paid for. They are so unnatural. Agree her chest is distracting.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, crowceilidh said:

Glad someone finally mentioned this.  I would have before now except that I was feeling like a perv for only ever being able to see her breasts and/or I just don't care about her very much.  Is it my imagination or does Alan choreograph her breast spin (leaning her head back over his arms until her breasts are the tallest projection on her body) every single show?   Imagination? Arighty then.

Heh, I have noticed it as well. It seemed especially noticeable in last night's costume since it was the last move of the dance, but I do feel like her boobs have been heavily featured in every dance. Given that her original claim to fame is the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, I guess I get it, but it seems like the DWTS audience is vastly different than the SI swimsuit issue audience, so I'm not sure how well that will work out for them.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

The music was not suitable for a Quickstep, IMHO. I'm on the Milo train but agree with those who did not like this Quickstep. I wish they danced it in another week when he could have worn a tux with tails and Witney could have worn a lovely mid calf length gown. The Quickstep needs to flow on the dance floor and a lot of that comes from the costuming. Spandex does not cut it.

• Love 6

My thoughts on Disney Night:

Alexis-I think this was her best dance so far, but I'm not a fan of there being so much smoke on the floor that you can't see their feet.  I don't think it deserved 10s. Also, just when you think TPTB aren't going to push a showmance...but they are cute together.  

Juan Pablo-Hmm.  I thought this dance would bring a smile to my face, but it didn't. I don't know if it was all of the extra stuff going on, but it just didn't do anything for me. I like him as a person, and he seems to be really charming in his packages, it just doesn't translate for me in his dances. YMMV.

DeMarcus-The lifts were good, the footwork not so much. Did I watch the same thing as the judges?

Evanna-It was fun, but I agree with the judges' comments on this one. 

Joe-I'm not sure it's fair to give him something from a movie that's not even out yet, and I will say that he did a little better tonight, but it's still time for him to go.

The Bocelli's were amazing!

Mary Lou-Eh, it was ok. Thank you, Len, I didn't get the purpose of Sasha's acrobatics, either. (And I generally like Sasha!)

Why are Jason and Arianna the only Junior stars on the show tonight?

John-This put a big smile on my face!  It was a fun dance, and I thought he did a really good job with it. While I don't expect (or want) him to win, I really enjoy his attitude and how he seems to completely support the rest of the cast. I hope he at least makes it farther than Joe, Bobby, Mary Lou, and maybe even DeMarcus.

Bobby-That was a waltz? Where was the rise and fall?  Sharna is pimping him hard, but he is in my bottom 2 along with Joe.

Milo-Fun and energetic, but those costumes really showed that they weren't close in hold.

My prediction for the top three at this point are Milo, Alexis, and Juan Pablo. 

Now to go watch the results...

Holy crap, show! I was about to say WTH! Now next week can we please, please, pretty please get rid of either Joe or Bobby!

• Love 4
On 10/22/2018 at 9:17 PM, LexieLily said:

I'm sure that kid is one of the DWTS Junior celeb kids and I'm equally sure he is perfectly charming over there, but he annoyed me tonight

Yes, he is, and no, he's pretty annoying to me on that show as well.

• Love 1