Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Bitch in Charge

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, sanford said:

Agreed. I want to refer to her as the Breakable Kimmy Schmidt, but it’s really upsetting to see her so anxious.

Oh my goodness, could you imagine Kimmy Schmidt on this boat?  I realize she's just a character, but I'd love to see how Chandler would react to her

• Love 3
On 10/23/2018 at 10:02 PM, bosawks said:

Kate’s had to deal with multiple maniacs who also avoided work like the plague.

Chandler should count his lucky stars with annoying Rylee.

In terms of work, I think Rylee is insecure in this new-to-her type of boating and is trying to find her place.   With some consistent guidance, she'll be great.   In terms of personal life, yeah, that top she wore to the evening out clearly advertised that she's looking for a change in her social life.   That boob flash wasn't an accident.  

Edited by terrymct
Fixed an sentence
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Blindfox said:

I suspect money would mean more to Adrian if he had to start paying for his own ingredients. I love Adrian, but money having no meaning is an over-idealized sentiment. Money pays rent, buys food, and pays for your transportation. It doesn’t have to be a priority, but you do need it to live.

I am sort of loving Kate this year: “This is why I don’t do threesomes. Someone always gets left out.”

I know people like Adrian (not many, but a few), and they are totally happy sleeping in a van, cooking over a portable camping stove, very little material possessions.  I totally cannot relate.  I am not a materialistic person, but money means a lot to me.

That line from Kate might be the best line all season!

• Love 10
On 10/23/2018 at 10:34 PM, TexasGal said:

Didn’t like him going to Captain Lee.  But then he confessed and apologized to Rhylee.

He went to Captain Lee specifically to complain about Rhylee and did so. When he "apologized" he made it seem as if he slipped and let her name slip! He was 100% covering his ass in case it came back to him that he talked to the captain!

• Love 16
18 hours ago, 4N6MAL said:

He went to Captain Lee specifically to complain about Rhylee and did so. When he "apologized" he made it seem as if he slipped and let her name slip! He was 100% covering his ass in case it came back to him that he talked to the captain!

Yeah, and his statement that this is the first time he threw someone under the bus rang a bit hollow.   Uh huh, dude.

Edited by terrymct
fixed a typo
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, dleighg said:

He said (more or less) that junior deckhands have to do the sh&* work. Sure, they have to do the low-responsibility, low-skill stuff. But you expect your boss to be there along side you (doing that "important" stuff) not going off to beddy-bye.

Yup. The bosses I've always respected the most are the ones who put in the hard work like the rest of us. I was a pharmacy tech before having kids. Some pharmacists I worked with had the attitude that they would NEVER answer the phone or ring up a customer if the techs were busy. Those were the bosses I had little to no respect for. I didn't want to work as hard for them. Chandler just wants the title of Bosun, he has no interest in trying to actually lead. 

18 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

It seemed to me he was doing damage control in advance.   He definitely misrepresented what he had said to Captain Lee.  Even though we didn't see that entire conversation, we saw enough to know that he did more than simply mention her.

I don't know. Ross seems kind of inarticulate, to me. But I got the impression that while he did have complaints about Rhylee, his bigger reason for talking to Cap'n Lee was the fact that Chandler wasn't effectively managing her - or any of his crew. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know. Ross seems kind of inarticulate, to me. But I got the impression that while he did have complaints about Rhylee, his bigger reason for talking to Cap'n Lee was the fact that Chandler wasn't effectively managing her - or any of his crew. 

I Agree... It's like if he tried to use Rhylee as an illustration... not as the issue (and that'on line with what he related to her too... I really didnt' have the CYA vibe here.)

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, stcroix said:

Did I DREAM that the show ended last week showing previews of a deckhand getting tangled up in rope and going overboard and Capt Lee choking up trying to talk about it?!?!  Did I dream that?

Not a dream.

• Love 4
On 10/23/2018 at 8:09 PM, breezy424 said:

Well.  I'm team Rylee and Caroline.  Rylee is just trying to do her job and asshole Chandler and Ross just continue to blame her.  I'm always team Kate but yikes.  I don't think Caroline did anything bad. 

I feel bad for Caroline. She is far too sensitive. She can't read people and can't read a room or situation. She can be very exhausting. But dang, she works her ass of f!

I see her as someone who desires to be understood for who she is. She's afraid of failure because that brings criticism but more so her own self criticism and she is probably harder on herself than others would be.  She is constantly apologizing. I'm rooting for her but she's got a long ways to go.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kate's words of praise and inclusion now ring hollow for Caroline.  The two idiots in the penthouse should have realized that sounds coming from that room are going to spiral down that open staircase and sooner or later somebody is going to hear them. 

I hope Chandler is the one leaving.

• Love 11
On 10/24/2018 at 12:26 AM, queenjen said:

I love Kate too. Especially when compared to Hannah. BUT. We love Kate because she is good at her job, removed enough from it to make witty observations and has a tendancy to be messy AF. She has made some pretty hideous decisions about people: Kyle, for example, Kate loved on sight when she learned he identified as trans. sometimes. and also liked to make babies with girls, masturbate in guest bedrooms with Kate's permission, and who was definitely a tad loco. Then there was her girlfriend and the way that ended. Now it's Josiah. Kate loves a clique. No matter what came out of her mouth when Caroline really bravely broached the subject of her feeling left out, Kate had no intention of honouring any of it. Adrian is right, Caroline IS sensitive. And she's starting to get the same 'loony tunes' looks and comments as Rhylee did last week. But you're not paranoid WHEN PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT YOU. Kate fielded that one like the old hand she is, too, and I think Caroline just walking away from her very drunk boss wanting to 'discuss her performance' in front of her workmate, was the most dignified thing I've seen on reality tv. I really hope Kate Chastain takes a look at herself after this and doesn't just blow those guilty feelings off via a few 'sorry, not sorry' comments with her major enabler Josiah the next morning. We'll see.

Kyle isn't trans; he's pansexual.

I think everyone forgets Kate's behavior on her first season. She decided to be besties with drunk asshole Kat and treated Amy like leprosy riddled trash. Kate has always been a not so stealth asshole. Kate loves a clique and loves alienating a team member. In season 2, it was Amy, season 3 was Rocky (though it was also earned by Rocky), season 4 was Ben and Emily, and season 5 was Jen.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, stcroix said:

Did I DREAM that the show ended last week showing previews of a deckhand getting tangled up in rope and going overboard and Capt Lee choking up trying to talk about it?!?!  Did I dream that?

Right over the boat's propeller(s), too.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Giselle said:

I hope Chandler is the one leaving.

That? would be production misdirection of the finest kind!!!! Not crazy Caroline. Not PITA "captain" Rhylee. Incompetent Chandler! Yesssssss!

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 8

I feel for Caroline . UO: I don't see much "crazy" about her. She is trying to fit in. She's being pleasing despite her moments where her true feelings come out. Her apology to Chandler was trying to smooth things out w him though he "had no idea what she was talking about." I've heard it said that children from alcoholic/abusive homes seem to seek approval from others out in the world though the child's attention or loyalty may not even be deserved by those individuals. You want people to love and accept you even if they're jerks. I've been Caroline for most of my life. With age and priorities shifting, idgaf anymore and it's liberating.  I hope she finds peace with herself. I'd be her friend in life. She's a nice girl who is being painted to look nuts. I'm not here for that.

Ross should and prob will be Bosun. It was weird seeing Chandler flirt and open up to Caroline. His personality went 180 . Like who WAS that giddy schoolboy?! Wtf?! I prefer *that* Chandler over the one waving his di** around. Funny how the guy who says he doesn't believe in chain of command is always the first to be all "you WILL respect me!!" Hmm. I feel like it's the people who have to remind you "I'm a good person" and they end up the WORST.  I admire Rhylee's work ethic. She's amazing. I'd never do that work while hung over (in my 20s -yes.  In my 30s-fu** no!!!)

• Love 10

And...is it me or was Kate pronouncing the name of the yacht wrong? She kept saying SeAnna like see-anna. But I always thought that was another way of spelling the name pronounced Shawna or Shauna. Like Shawn is spelled Sean at times. No? Yes? Thoughts? Idk.

9 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

And...is it me or was Kate pronouncing the name of the yacht wrong? She kept saying SeAnna like see-anna. But I always thought that was another way of spelling the name pronounced Shawna or Shauna. Like Shawn is spelled Sean at times. No? Yes? Thoughts? Idk.

Without any guidance, I would have pronounced it "see anna" too.  And I'm sure Kate knows the correct pronunciation.

That's my take on it.  :-)

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I was wondering if it might not be 'Shauna", as well, but SeeAnna makes more sense, given that she is a sailing vessel.

• Love 1

It's interesting to see the different personalities as they open up. The stress of the season can reveal strengths and weaknesses of all the crew so ... we shall see where this all leads .....

I thought the dinner entertainment the last night of the charter was A-MAZE-ING!! Dancers, musicians, fire dancer, it was an unforgettable night for the guests, I'm sure! I would have loved to have been there and experienced that!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Everyone is pronouncing it Sienna—even Captain Lee. 

Thanks for the input on the pronunciation.  I'm sure being on the show, Kate and all would know how to pronounce the name.  I was just curious. 

I dont think Kate and Josiah meant to be mean to Caroline and talk about her that night but were just running their mouths, being hammered as they were. Production could've also encouraged crap talking. 

• Love 2

I just dont get all these 'theme' parties and dinners that the guest supposedly want. If I was chartering an amazing yacht in the South Pacific, I'd be wanting a lovely meal, but I'd be spending my evenings on deck in the hot tub, lolling about star gazing under the amazing skies, not engaging in some moronic soap foam party, or having a lame mini rave, or whatever the hell they set up on the regular. But then again, I'm fairly certain these guests are props bought and paid for by BravHo, so I'm sure it's producer driven.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I just dont get all these 'theme' parties and dinners that the guest supposedly want. If I was chartering an amazing yacht in the South Pacific, I'd be wanting a lovely meal, but I'd be spending my evenings on deck in the hot tub, lolling about star gazing under the amazing skies, not engaging in some moronic soap foam party, or having a lame mini rave, or whatever the hell they set up on the regular. But then again, I'm fairly certain these guests are props bought and paid for by BravHo, so I'm sure it's producer driven.

I agree with you on the silly foam parties and other stuff that make no sense. I did like the last dinner. They had local talent showing the culture of the island. That's what I would like, experiencing the local customs and history. 

• Love 15
On 10/24/2018 at 4:03 PM, sanford said:

Agreed. I want to refer to her as the Breakable Kimmy Schmidt, but it’s really upsetting to see her so anxious.

GET THE FUDGE OUT OF HERE! That’s exactly what I came here to post.

• Love 6
On 10/25/2018 at 6:50 AM, NannyBails said:

Oh my goodness, could you imagine Kimmy Schmidt on this boat?  I realize she's just a character, but I'd love to see how Chandler would react to her

“I get to be THIRD stew?! Threes are the BEST!”

Yeah, I can imagine KS on this boat. And Jacqueline as the primary. Then Titus.

• Love 5