Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E16: The Leftovers

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I don't like the guy, but Johnny didn't even say anything disparaging about Devin's father.  He said "I bet the apple fell far from the tree" meaning Devin is a piece of shit and his father was probably a good guy. 

Devin stalking him around the house, into the rain, across the premises... consolidated for TV of course but that was probably over an hour of stalking following an extremely emotional evening of watching his partner get bodyslammed headfirst onto a stone walkway.  With most guys I know, Devin would have been missing an eye and half his skull 50 meters in.

*Also, I don't believe for a second that Devin thought "they tripped" until he watched the footage.  He's no Oscar winner, that one.

• Love 2

His comment is similar to how I see people flip out over comments like "I hope your kid doesn't turn out like you, or I hope your kid doesn't see you acting like this" and the person goes nuts saying not to talk about their kids.  They weren't disparaging your kids, they were disparaging YOU and hope that unlike you your children turn out to be better people.

Now it is very possible in this case, Bananas said way more stuff that was shown and was way more hurtful and a direct slam.  The producers are well known for protecting fan favorites especially Bananas from most of the nasty stuff he does and says.  So if he has said something like "You should be happy your dad can't see you acting like a piece of shit" in addition to the apple falling from the tree bit, well that takes it to another level in my opinion.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Unclejosh said:

Now it is very possible in this case, Bananas said way more stuff that was shown and was way more hurtful and a direct slam.

Yes.  My opinion is based solely on what I was shown on the show.  Devin pushed for a reaction.  It's his own fault he didn't like the one he got.  I maintain John showed incredible restraint.

• Love 2
On 10/29/2018 at 10:41 AM, lasu said:

Obviously we all are entitled to our own opinions, but for those of you who thought bringing Devin's dad into it was wrong, what would you have done in John's place?  Should he have had to continue to endure Devin's harassment rather than go low?  In normal circumstances, I would absolutely agree you don't bring someone's dead loved ones into it, but Devin was the one who created very non-normal circumstances, his harassment was RELENTLESS.   I am no fan of John's, but I think he honestly showed extreme restraint, and didn't go nearly as low (or physical) as he could have.

Why? Do you think Corey's body slam of Tony doesn't warrant an eviction for violence?  Devin certainly didn't do anything to get kicked off (his behavior was crazy, but well within the rules of this game), but we have seen numerous people in the past get bounced because of a partner's behavior.  I don't see why this would be any different, especially since I see it as an especially egregious act of aggression. 

You trying to justify what Bananas said just shows what a type of person you're.

No, they shouldn't have went home as nobody got hurt. There is no bad blood between Cory and Tony so there is no risk of that happening again. The Challenge has gotten soft.

12 hours ago, Hiacios said:

You trying to justify what Bananas said just shows what a type of person you're.

LOL.  And you didn't answer what you think John should have done in that situation.

12 hours ago, Hiacios said:

No, they shouldn't have went home as nobody got hurt. There is no bad blood between Cory and Tony so there is no risk of that happening again. The Challenge has gotten soft.

This doesn't even make sense.  If there is no bad blood between them, how did it happen in the first place?  Obviously there is a risk of it happening again, since it happened in the first place, and over nothing.  If you think that violence is no big deal, that's your business, but I wholeheartedly agree with the decision to send Corey home.

• Love 5