Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/22/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Apparently that's why she gets so many jobs.  I can't take it.   She's obviously very talented, but I have to look past too much gibberish to get it.

BUT...because Meghan is her "babe," Whoopi actually shut everyone down...not just Meghan.  Why don't THE POWERS THAT BE just give Meghan her own show and release us from our chains?

She could sit at a desk and wouldn't have to be humiliated by walking out and having all of us critique her wardrobe.  She could invite "friends" that wouldn't cause her to SCREECH to make her point.   C'mon, ABC, consider it.

Well....I read that there is an opening for a "replacement" Meghan on NBC~~maybe she could jump ship?  

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

They really should give Meghan her own show during Megan Kelly's slot.  It would solve so many problems.  Megan Kelly was boring as hell, so, the bar is already set low, and, it's earlier in the morning so it's really easy to miss.

I generally like Tiffany Haddish, but, I'm thinking she might be getting overexposed because she's beginning to get on my nerves.  Plus, she told the same dating jokes on Jimmy Fallon last night.  It was sweet how thrilled she was to work with Whoopie, though.

I posted before I read your post, Bronzedog...you and I had the same idea!!   :-)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Todays show.  I usually watch on DVR but watched in real time and couldn't believe the child like behavior. When Whoopi screamed to stop Joy looked taken back because it needed to be directed to MM.  ( she was looking/facing MM but Joy got included in the outradge)  She then gave Joy the floor to speak and MM continued to ramble so you can't hear anyone. Then Whoopi out of desperation said do we take a break?  Mostly because MM touch chick was not going to STFU. . In that instant the announcement of the arrest of the bomber happened. 

When they came back they discussed  the trauma and torment of Republicans in the work place.

I wish they would upload this on Youtube. It went to commercials/breaking news during this segment so none of us got to see how it ended.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I wish they would upload this on Youtube. It went to commercials/breaking news during this segment so none of us got to see how it ended.

I'd like to see it also. Our news broke in before any of it even started.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I'd like to see it also. Our news broke in before any of it even started.

Yes, the east coast broadcast cut out to endless commercials.  I caught the west coast, which did not cut away.  So I guess most people didn't see it, but it was ridiculous and Meggie was obnoxious.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yes, the east coast broadcast cut out to endless commercials.  I caught the west coast, which did not cut away.  So I guess most people didn't see it, but it was ridiculous and Meggie was obnoxious.

What was the subject that got her so riled up?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

What subject wouldn't? They could talk about hair dye or drapes or the tabletop, and Meghan would still end up up shrieking over everyone about something that makes no sense at all. "HOW DARE YOU IMPLY I DON'T LIKE TABLES, I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I LIVE IN MIDTOWN NEW YORK!!!!" She's a legit lunatic.

You forgot “My father taught me the value of a good table!  No one knew tables like my father knew tables!  I will always have the utmost respect for tables, even if they are incorrectly placed on the left side of the room, because it’s what my father would want me to do.”

• Love 18
41 minutes ago, geekburger said:

also Abby sure didn’t like Whoopi calling her a Republican. She said she’s “often” an independent. 

I noticed Abby was allowed to ramble-ramble-ramble today with no interruptions.  What did she say again?

• Love 9

Abby can't seem to get off the fence - on one side or the other on different issues. At least Sarah could. And Paula.

I'm tired of the Kumbaya and Abby not taking a stance. Let her be a Mom, and let MM stay at home getting herself together. 

Notice MM never mentions her husband lately let alone her mother or visit her? All about Meggie.

• Love 14

Whoopie and Tiffany Haddish are on Jimmy Fallon and apparently Tiffany got upset that Whoopie wasn’t going to be there the day Tiffany was to be on.  Whoopie said she got a text that “Tiffany slapped the shit out of someone”. (I’m sure she was kidding), but ,apparently that’s why Whoopie  was there today.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

What was the subject that got her so riled up?

9 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, Joy was getting very frustrated.  She was trying to relate what Michael Avenatti said to her on the phone just prior to the show.  Both Abby and Meggie jumped in, and Joy was exasperated and said to let her finish.  Abby shut up immediately but Meggie just shriek-rambled on, madly sipping on her cup of bourbon

Doesn't she get that no one can even understand what she is saying?  It doesn't even get caught on cc.  Whoopi even told her that she couldn't understand what was being said.

She is such an unlikable person.  I think she has many screws loose.

I thought they might talk about Megyn Kelly today, but nope.

9 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Todays show.  I usually watch on DVR but watched in real time and couldn't believe the child like behavior. When Whoopi screamed to stop Joy looked taken back because it needed to be directed to MM.  ( she was looking/facing MM but Joy got included in the outradge)  She then gave Joy the floor to speak and MM continued to ramble so you can't hear anyone. Then Whoopi out of desperation said do we take a break?  Mostly because MM touch chick was not going to STFU. . In that instant the announcement of the arrest of the bomber happened. 

When they came back they discussed  the trauma and torment of Republicans in the work place. 

I don't really tweet but have an account and told her she wasn't a tough  chick just rude... Or something like that. 

It is just  plain  bad manners and even when they are not on a heated subject she continually rambles and steam rolls over everyone.  You really can't make out what is being said. 

PS. I feel again I need to apologize for my crap posts I have an antique iPad mini that continually goes black and I have to reload. I can't afford to replace it right now. So I often  hit send without editing. Hope that mention is ok 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Abby can't seem to get off the fence - on one side or the other on different issues. At least Sarah could. And Paula.

I'm tired of the Kumbaya and Abby not taking a stance. Let her be a Mom, and let MM stay at home getting herself together. 

Notice MM never mentions her husband lately let alone her mother or visit her? All about Meggie.

I also noticed that she never mentions the Left leaning brother Jack, either. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:
13 hours ago, geekburger said:

Do we think Whoopi gets paid overtime when she works on Friday’s? ;)

Probably.  I don’t see Whoopie doing it for free.  She has a daughter to support.

...and a granddaughter--and a great-granddaughter (and probably their various on/again boyfriends/girlfriends/hangers-on)

• Love 11

Joy's face - I could tell she was FURIOUS.  I almost expected her to get up and walk off the show.  MM was obnoxious.

When the subject came up about not exposing your children to social media and the media in general, they all shared their stories.  Not to be left out, MM had to say, "Well, I don't have children but I do have my grief.  I hesitate sharing it on social media." (Paraphrasing.)  

I tried to cut her some slack when she first came back, but clearly she needs some grief counseling. She is applying the death of her father to every situation.  It's getting old.  She may have those feelings, but she doesn't need to voice them every day.  And here's thing thing - her father died at age 81 after a long illness.  Does she not realize what life expectancy is?  His death did not come as a shock, as if in an accident.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear she is taking the death harder than her mother, who lost her husband.

If there is any silver lining at all, she makes Abby look not so bad to me.  At least she knows when to shut up.  And MM's "tough bitch" persona is wearing real thin on me.

• Love 24

I would say that Mehgun is not a tough bitch, just rude, ill-mannered, immature, and crass.

I reall believe that she keeps talking over everyone,  especially Joy, to purposely get their goat or irritate them. It's her kicks.  I bet she did it to her dad and the rest of her family.  Sicko.

Plus, she and Abby start talking before others on thet panel are done speaking in efforts to drown them out. 

Please,  Karma, hurry.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I would say that Mehgun is not a tough bitch, just tule, ill-mannered, immature, and crass.

I reall believe that she keeps talking over everyone,  especially Joy, to purposely get their goat or irritate them. It's her kicks.  I bet she did it to her dad and the rest of her family.  Sicko.

She also thinks too highly of herself and her importance as a commentator.  She is constantly touting herself as a political operative experienced in the world of politics, doling out unsolicited bad advice to Democrats, Republicans and the President on how to run a successful campaign, girl bye!  

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is constantly touting herself as a political operative experienced in the world of politics, doling out unsolicited bad advice to Democrats, Republicans and the President on how to run a successful campaign, girl bye!  

Sadly, there are organizations who will read or hear that enough and will believe it.  There's so much nepotism, and "intermarriage" in all these political organizations that she'd probably get hired.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Former Nun said:

Sadly, there are organizations who will read or hear that enough and will believe it.  There's so much nepotism, and "intermarriage" in all these political organizations that she'd probably get hired.

She is hated by the right. Her hyper partisanship is a way to ingratiate herself with them. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is hated by the right. Her hyper partisanship is a way to ingratiate herself with them. 

I didn't know this!  Excellent news and not surprising.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Wings said:

I didn't know this!  Excellent news and not surprising.  

She got fired from Fox because the viewers hated her there. Plus, she was just as shrill and uninformed over there.  It was obvious the people over there disliked her immensely.  Megan got put in her place on Bill Maher's show, she was exposed as an ignorant fool who rides her dad's coat tails. She brings nothing fresh and new to the table. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
25 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She got fired from Fox because the viewers hated her there. Plus, she was just as shrill and uninformed over there.  It was obvious the people over there disliked her immensely.  Megan got put in her place on Bill Maher's show, she was exposed as an ignorant fool who rides her dad's coat tails. She brings nothing fresh and new to the table. 

I wonder why she was hated there , she tows the party line.  Any View article the right (public) praises her . Uninformed  on Fox?  How could that be?  I've lasted longer than I thought when they added Abby but she's not overtly offensive,  she smiles and is civil. She seems happy to have the job. Rather benign which is better than another screeching howler monkey, my bar is very low right now. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Any View article the right (public) praises her . Uninformed  on Fox?  How could that be?  

On Fox she blended in. She's pretty bland and there's really nothing special about her (even with the McCain last name). And really, a lot of people on the right didn't like him either. On The View, she stands out and spouts right wing talking points. She's molded herself into the typical Republican mouthpiece.Similar to Hasselbeck; she was a darling for the right when she was on The View. Soon as she went to FOX no one paid much attention to her. The more Mehg takes on those evil liberals at the table, the more of a hero they make her.

This is a dream job for her. 

• Love 14
27 minutes ago, Stacee said:

I agree. I experienced the loss of my husband several years ago, and more recently my moms passing. Both were sudden, we were not prepared (mom fell and was hospitalized but we thought she was getting better). If I had a whole years notice after learning mom was sick and was going to die, I do feel I would have been given the opportunity to act on on the things I wished I had done with my mom. Same with my husband.

I had 5 days paid bereavement for work after mom died. When I returned, a couple of people gave me condolences and I said thank you, went on with my day. I can only imagine how my coworkers would feel if every day I reminded them of my losses. Or injected  my husband or mom in almost any conversation. I recognize it makes people uncomfortable and would not do that to them.

I suck at knowing what to say but ❤️❤️ for your losses. 

BAEB910D-F282-4B95-9445-73DD03F4B626.gif

23 minutes ago, Stacee said:

On Fox she blended in. She's pretty bland and there's really nothing special about her (even with the McCain last name). And really, a lot of people on the right didn't like him either. On The View, she stands out and spouts right wing talking points. She's molded herself into the typical Republican mouthpiece.Similar to Hasselbeck; she was a darling for the right when she was on The View. Soon as she went to FOX no one paid much attention to her. The more Mehg takes on those evil liberals at the table, the more of a hero they make her.

This is a dream job for her. 

She was probably hated because they didn’t like her dad. She only gets lauded now because she is finally given a platform to spew her ignorance. Not because she’s intelligent or has anything relevant or different to say, but because of nepotism-it’s like hiring the child of someone important because important person asked even when child/wife/sister/nephew, etc. is a nimrodic twat/ignoranamus maroon

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

They don't consider her a "real" conservative.  And honestly I don't blame them.  She has anointed herself their spokesperson and is doing a piss poor job of it.   And then there is the whole LGTB thing. A large percentage of the right are still against equality for the LGTBQ community.   Just because Meghan wants to dress up as conservative Barbie doesn't mean she will accepted as such.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Joy's face - I could tell she was FURIOUS.  I almost expected her to get up and walk off the show.  MM was obnoxious.

When the subject came up about not exposing your children to social media and the media in general, they all shared their stories.  Not to be left out, MM had to say, "Well, I don't have children but I do have my grief.  I hesitate sharing it on social media." (Paraphrasing.)  

I tried to cut her some slack when she first came back, but clearly she needs some grief counseling. She is applying the death of her father to every situation.  It's getting old.  She may have those feelings, but she doesn't need to voice them every day.  And here's thing thing - her father died at age 81 after a long illness.  Does she not realize what life expectancy is?  His death did not come as a shock, as if in an accident.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear she is taking the death harder than her mother, who lost her husband.

If there is any silver lining at all, she makes Abby look not so bad to me.  At least she knows when to shut up.  And MM's "tough bitch" persona is wearing real thin on me.

Yes, when they're talking about children, MM ALWAYS has to pipe up that she doesn't have children.  This is the opportunity for her (if she had social skills)  to ASK questions of the parents on the panel, or to just shut up and listen.   when they're talking about a topic that doesn't apply to her, she doesn't need to say anything. 

And the grief issue - when someone is dying of a terminal illness, the grieving process begins BEFORE death.  Especially when that person has lived over 80 years.  You don't have to bring up the loss with every conversation.  You don't have to relate every issue to the loss you experienced.  Others on the panel have also experienced loss.  Others in the audience have experienced loss.  Nobody wants to hear you go on and on, as though YOUR loss is so much greater than anyone else's.  

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yes, when they're talking about children, MM ALWAYS has to pipe up that she doesn't have children.  This is the opportunity for her (if she had social skills)  to ASK questions of the parents on the panel, or to just shut up and listen.   when they're talking about a topic that doesn't apply to her, she doesn't need to say anything. 

And the grief issue - when someone is dying of a terminal illness, the grieving process begins BEFORE death.  Especially when that person has lived over 80 years.  You don't have to bring up the loss with every conversation.  You don't have to relate every issue to the loss you experienced.  Others on the panel have also experienced loss.  Others in the audience have experienced loss.  Nobody wants to hear you go on and on, as though YOUR loss is so much greater than anyone else's.  

Amen! has she thought about her grandmother who is 106 years old who had to bury her son and who also buried her identical twin sister 10 years ago. Not to mention, all the people she had had to bury in her long life. Megan only thinks of herself and her pain.

• Love 14
On 10/26/2018 at 6:38 PM, bannana said:

I haven't been able to find the clip anywhere. Can you provide a quick rundown of what happened?

• Love 1
On 10/26/2018 at 5:59 PM, njbchlover said:

Well....I read that there is an opening for a "replacement" Meghan on NBC~~maybe she could jump ship?  

Ok, how do we make this happen?

I came on to express my outrage of MM, who has been speaking for the whole "middle of the country", now saying we shouldn't assume a stance by others...............How fucking dare she?  I am in the middle of the country and she tries to speak for me, my family and friends everyday.  She has no idea how far off she is from the middle of the country.  I could not believe my ears.

• Love 12

Jumper - MM doesn't talk for anyone, and most of us know that. She is hardly JM in a dress, represents the middle (including Arizona, evidently) or learned anything from her mentor daddy.

After FOX and this show - and a few appearances on an ABC Sunday show (that she and her husband appeared on a few times) she is not taken seriously as a pundint (sic). Let alone a commentary person. 

Her days are as numbered as much as Kelly's, imo.

• Love 13
On 10/26/2018 at 8:56 PM, maggiemae said:

I have noticed that since MM has been back, my annoyance of Abby has decreased.  I did catch her giving Whoopi the side eye and little smile during the scene.  Made me chuckle and think there might be hope for her yet.

• Love 6
On 10/26/2018 at 2:44 PM, Silver Raven said:

Joy clearly has no shits left to give.  When MM kept interrupting her, she basically said, "Why should I bother?"

Im getting more and more worried for Joy.  Shes right.  Why should she bother?  Im thinking she might be the ONLY thing or person that might get MM out.  If Joy puts her foot down, in a her or me stance, tptb might come to their senses.  However they may also take it as a threat or ultimatum and say ok, bye Felicia.  It could go either way.  Or if everybody else said they stand with Joy...they say safety in numbers. Who knows.

• Love 7
On 10/25/2018 at 11:16 AM, JayD83 said:

oh yeah.  "Apologized" for the rhetoric she spews and is "sorry" for saying she hated Hillary and calling her "Crooked Hillary" on the show.

The way Joy came out firing, I think Joy read her for filth in the morning meeting which made her walk back her comments. 

I found her apology insulting because it wasn't about her realizing that she has been guilty of hate and not wanting to be part of that community that inspires hate, I feel that her apology was really meant to serve as a way to call out the media in the nicest way she could for needing to take accountability for itself. I'm sorry, when the topic is discussing how a news outlet had to evacuate because of a bomb that was intercepted on its way to its headquarters, there's no person with an ounce of compassion that would take any moment in this discussion to say 'the media has a responsibility and needs to be accountable'...that's like a woman getting raped at midnight and saying 'women, make sure you're home before dark'. You're shifting the focus away from the perpetrators and instead advising the victim on how they can avoid being a victim. How about you talk about the domestic terrorist and dedicate all of your time to denouncing his behaviour and ONLY his behaviour? 

On 10/25/2018 at 12:26 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

Doesn't Meghan identify as an LGBT ally? Hmmm-I wonder what the community thinks of her shout out to Chick Fil A? She eats that shit every day, too. This explains so fucking much.

I don't think anyone can call themselves an ally of anything when they use the most powerful thing they have - their vote - in favour of politicians and/or political parties that have policies and personal beliefs that suppress the freedoms of the very communities you claim to be an ally of. Meghan reads more like someone who may enjoy the LGBT community and would be happy for their triumphs in their journey for equality BUT she also seems more likely to vote for someone who has fiscally conservative policies and strict border security policies even if they also believe in conversion therapy and think that being gay is unnatural and an abomination to society. 

• Love 13

sorry but two segments with Tiffany H was two too much. Another person I would not wanna be trapped in an elevator with. So glad that Miss Whoopi got to bask in her over-the top kiss ass adulation, though.

• Love 2