Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/22/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan and Abby can say "but we still don't know..." all they want. Duh. We know "we don't know" yet. But the fish rots from the head. He needs to tone down his rhetoric towards the media (we know that won't happen though).

I guess the fact that it was two Democrats and a network perceived to be the mouthpiece of the Democratic party is just a coincidence.  Wonder what Meghan's response was when it was Republicans under attack last year while at a baseball field.  I doubt she was saying we still don't know.

• Love 24

At the beginning of the show Whoopie explained why they "all" were wearing orange, but, only Sunny and Megs are wearing orange.  Guess she thought we wouldn't notice.

I follow Walter the bulldog  on instagram.  He always has a lot to say about everything.  He really keeps his owners in line.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

At the beginning of the show Whoopie explained why they "all" were wearing orange, but, only Sunny and Megs are wearing orange.  Guess she thought we wouldn't notice.

I just looked at The View's Twitter, and there's a video. Whoopi has orange shoes. And Joy and Abby are wearing orange ear rings.

• Love 3

MM is a fool if she thinks her guns will protect her in her home.  Biological warfare. It's  horrible to consider if it happens on a large scale. 

Blech, blech, and blech to MM's macho, alpha husband who cries over Washington's letter. Glad Whoopi co-opted her brag. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 14

Did Meghan get confirmation from all of those restaurant customers who jeered Republican public servants were in fact Democrats before she made her comments about the left and how their actions fell under the category of harassment? When Maxine Waters is calling for publicly confronting politicians, Meghan feels this is dangerous behaviour but when the nasty rhetoric is coming from her Republican President and politician uncles, then her message is 'YOU be the example of what you want American to stand for'. Of course she didn't even make a comment entertaining the possibility of it being a politically motivated threat from a right winger against leftist politicians because it would totally ruin her golden child story of the Republican that was attacked during a baseball game. It's like her version of a fail safe rebuttal each time Trump and Republicans support violent rhetoric...."but remember when that Republican was killed playing baseball"...except now someone can quickly jump in and say 'but remember the stream of explosives that were intercepted against CNN and former Democratic politicians'? Oh whatever will Whatabout Meghan will do?  And what does Mitch McConnell getting heckled at restaurants have to do with his inability to stand up and disagree with Trump when he says that the media is the enemy of the people?

Kudos to you Abby - a country is only as good as its people! You don't get to ride on the waves of accomplishments from centuries ago and think that's enough to thump your chest and claim to be the best while so many of your people living in the here and now are suffering and scared.

I don't think any of the women were bothered by Mayer's number (well Sunny maybe because she's kind of prudish) but I think most of them were surprised by the number was that high but not surprised in the sense that they would think much about it beyond having to discuss the topic for the show. LOL at Meghan trying to make it about how cool she is about sex while the other women were supposedly bothered by it. Whatever gets you the audience applause I guess.

I didn't think I was having a bad day today until I saw the show and I became thoroughly annoyed with Meghan. She was her same old stupid self but I ended up watching back to back to back episodes of the show to catch up on the week and I think I'm just Meghan overload right now and my patience is pretty much filed down close to the bottom at this point. I'm never going to marathon episodes again, lol.

• Love 18

Did my ears hear correctly at the top of the show MM saying she just hopes everyone can hold themselves to the standard they do on the show???  If I could only hold myself to her standards, going off to order my framed flag and constitution placemats. I'll starts screaming over everyone in the process.  Does she really think she is helping the divisiveness in the country? She only understands trumps middle Americans , I've never heard her try and understand the other side. She hates the same people as the alt right she said it herself.  The ladies of the View will unify us.

What the Hell she ingesting? 

RHJunkie I knew I was having a bad day and stupidly am watching anyway. 

• Love 16

Unpopular opinion I know, but I’m a John Mayer fan.  I don’t think any of the panelists understood that he is saying his “number” is significantly LESS than 500.  I do realize that the amount could swing from 2-499 but really, he said himself that it’s significantly lower. But then, that wouldn’t be worthy of a “hot topic”.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I guess the fact that it was two Democrats and a network perceived to be the mouthpiece of the Democratic party is just a coincidence.  Wonder what Meghan's response was when it was Republicans under attack last year while at a baseball field.  I doubt she was saying we still don't know.

Exactly, can you imagine if it was the other way around? I could see the rallies by a certain person and the gnashing of teeth on Fox News.  Yet, the Democrats are labeled unfairly as the unreasonable dangerous mob. Projection is very funny and ironic at times. 

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, boochay8888 said:

Unpopular opinion I know, but I’m a John Mayer fan.  I don’t think any of the panelists understood that he is saying his “number” is significantly LESS than 500.  I do realize that the amount could swing from 2-499 but really, he said himself that it’s significantly lower. But then, that wouldn’t be worthy of a “hot topic”.

Thank you, because I only half-listened. I heard the Mayer segment as him saying what you're saying above, because he even joked about how sad or weird it was that the person came up with a number like 500. Then the way the panel reacted made it seem like he did blink (when he didn't). I didn't feel like watch again, because I was still furious about McCain equating terrorist attacks to heckling, and Abby lecturing everyone about not speculating (when no one had been).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Did my ears hear correctly at the top of the show MM saying she just hopes everyone can hold themselves to the standard they do on the show???  If I could only hold myself to her standards, going off to order my framed flag and constitution placemats. I'll starts screaming over everyone in the process.  Does she really think she is helping the divisiveness in the country? She only understands trumps middle Americans , I've never heard her try and understand the other side. She hates the same people as the alt right she said it herself.  The ladies of the View will unify us.

What the Hell she ingesting? 

RHJunkie I knew I was having a bad day and stupidly am watching anyway. 

Thank you @athousandclowns!  She also said yesterday that it's her birthday, Trump is President, get over it.

I just don't get how saying, twice, that she hates the same people as Trump's base, is unifying, or holding oneself to a higher standard.

Today's show was a hot  mess all around.

• Whoopi lecturing the potential bombers, as if this is going to get them to change their behaviour.
  • Meggie shrieking about just about everything.
  • When Joy says, where is the voice of the Republican Party, naming McConnell, Meggie laments that he and his wife get yelled at when they go to dinner.
  • Abby saying she is afraid for her family, and afraid even in her home, and Meggie mocking her saying she is not afraid, she has guns, and then indicating another thing she and Whoopi have in common.
  • Whoopi kissing Meggie's patriotic ass.
  • Whoopi reenacting the you tube of the impolite dog that her daughter sent her, and then having to thank her daughter for sending it.  Isn't Alex in her 40s? How needy is she?
  • Whatever that stupid sponsor bit was with Abby and Sunny guessing which price is the lowest, ugh!
  • Love 18

Haven’t been watching as much so I was surprised how long Meghan’s hair extensions are. I caught the end yesterday when that woman was “singing” and laughed my ass off at Meghan knowing the words to that crap. But when the performer and Meg hugged, their hair looked like it came out of the same bag, lol. And could someone at The View PLEASE have Meghan take some kind of speaking lessons along with a basic manners class? She is so shrill, it’s not fit for tv and she interrupts constantly. Wish there were lessons on how to not make every single thing about yourself, because she desperately needs to learn that concept. I think she needs to tone down demonstrating her super-entitled self, as well. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

The comments though... lol. 

I loved the comments! Especially these two:

'Joy should have just punched Meghan in the nose and then said, "Your words offended me and I punched you.... same thing."'

and

"Now, maybe I'm from some weird alternate universe, but being yelled at during dinner never caused me to come down with a case of dead."

41 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Just sit there and be a beautifully dressed pretty girl.  Life will be easier for me.

Oh come on..isn't that alternative facts? ?

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 17

Megan is a rabid fan of a woman (Erica Jayne) whose “dancing” and “singing” is sexually explicit and  who wears a necklace that says c**ty in large letters.  She just had to tell us, at length, it is fine with her that John Mayer has had a lot of sex (no one asked her).   But she blushes and gets nervous and jumpy when the topic comes up with the other women.   What the fuck just happened. Grief? 

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, Wings said:

But she blushes and gets nervous and jumpy when the topic comes up with the other women.   What the fuck just happened. Grief? 

I know I'm going to hell, but how long does Meghan get to use the grief card for weird behavior?

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, Wings said:

Megan is a rabid fan of a woman (Erica Jayne) whose “dancing” and “singing” is sexually explicit and  who wears a necklace that says c**ty in large letters.  She just had to tell us, at length, it is fine with her that John Mayer has had a lot of sex (no one asked her).   But she blushes and gets nervous and jumpy when the topic comes up with the other women.   What the fuck just happened. Grief? 

I wonder if Megan doesn't like to discuss sex because she is afraid of her past, and the possibility of someone outing something she doesn't want outed?  So, she shuts down the topic as quickly as she can?

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I wonder if Megan doesn't like to discuss sex because she is afraid of her past, and the possibility of someone outing something she doesn't want outed?  So, she shuts down the topic as quickly as she can?

Yes yes yes.  She has said too many things to have me believe she doesn't have a closet filled with skeletons.  She just the other day said something about moving in with someone she had just met.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

Oh come on..isn't that alternative facts?

Well...it was in my "Dear Abby" post.  That's about all I think about her presence on the show.

1 hour ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Haven’t been watching as much so I was surprised how long Meghan’s hair extensions are.

I've never seen them THAT long.  She has an unending supply.

5 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Thank God Whoppi explained the dog video, I never would have figured it out on my own.? And, WTH is Meggy's problem? She didn't even crack a smile at the cute dog.

Actually, that dog's ears perked up when the owner said "PARK," a word well recognized by humans and canines.  (Whoopi said "disrespectful.")

• Love 11
6 hours ago, boochay8888 said:

I hate that the co-hosts are always so misinformed. John said he was part of the "sub-500" gang, meaning BELOW 500. The co-hosts need to listen more carefully... they thought he said "soft 500" and turned the discussion into "he's a rock star, what do you expect," which wasn't the direction John Mayer meant for this discussion to take. 

4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

The way Meghan defended John Mayer for having a lot sexual partners makes me think she has had more than her fair share of partners.

Or she just wants us to think that.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

One of my favorite insults from The Big Bang Theory is "yammering sphincter." For some strange reason, those words echo in my head whenever Meghan does her stupid "be the example you want to see" nonsense. To me, that is just a way to absolve the actual perpetrators, like these anti-Democrat terrorists, of responsibility.

Also: Meghan's a shitty friend. When Abby talked about the constant anxiety she feels because of the political climate, Meghan smirked that she was not afraid because guns. 1) Your friend is scared; be comforting. There are preschoolers who understand this concept.  2) Guns don't automatically cancel out bombs. 3) It's understandably scary that a person in the public eye needs to even think about how to withstand a terroristic attack, you yammering sphincter.   

And of course turned the whole thing back on herself.  Abby was drowned out because  Meghan had to giggle and of course thank the audience member who laughed with her.   All while Abby was still talking. So, yes, shitty friend.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 9
50 minutes ago, bannana said:

Meggie is outraged that her words are used against her.

"a alcohol" problem.  Sorry, but I am a complete grammar snob and I think spelling and proper grammar do still count. 

4 hours ago, Wings said:

Ok, I'll ask.  Am I the only dork in the room who can't figure out what the necklace said?  It can't possibly be what I think.  No way!

4 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Haven’t been watching as much so I was surprised how long Meghan’s hair extensions are. I caught the end yesterday when that woman was “singing” and laughed my ass off at Meghan knowing the words to that crap. But when the performer and Meg hugged, their hair looked like it came out of the same bag, lol.

LOL!!!

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 10
46 minutes ago, bannana said:

Meggie is outraged that her words are used against her.

Considering she dispenses as much fake news and smear attacks as possible on the show everyday--including against HER OWN CO-WORKERS---she can take a f-ing seat. What a disgusting p.o.s. this woman is.

• Love 18

Maybe it's because I'm a prude, but as a millennial who was hit over the head about the terrors of STDs I find it gross to sleep with over 500 people. I get that he's a musician and he's probably has people throwing themselves at him, but I don't think I'd ever want to be with someone with slept with that many people.

Oh, and with regards to Andy Cohen. He is no Graham Norton even though he wants to be.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Maybe it's because I'm a prude, but as a millennial who was hit over the head about the terrors of STDs I find it gross to sleep with over 500 people. I get that he's a musician and he's probably has people throwing themselves at him, but I don't think I'd ever want to be with someone with slept with that many people.

Less than 500 isn't necessarily a lot.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

BTW  did anyone hear MM call herself the token conservative at table.

Meghan meant the only "notable" conservative.  The only conservative with star power.  The only conservative who has been "in politics" since she was in the womb.   I'm sure Abby understands.

• Love 22

There have been nasty John Mayer stories in the press for well over a decade (his tour bus had a "put out or get out" policy) AND if you're into astrology, he's a Libra with a Saggitarrius moon. No one should be surprised at his sexual exploits.  

Fox is already going after Joy for saying Fox didn't get a bomb, even though she quickly added "Not that I want them to". Nuance means nothing with these people. Meghan incoherently responding to Raw Story isn't helping her. Jenna Bush Hager, on another network, eloquently said last week that if you don't respond to things, people don't know about them.

• Love 10

If i were to ever encounter Jeff Flake or Meghan & Ben in a restaurant, better believe i would casually walk by their table and say, "shame on you." I wouldn't shout, take their doggie bag or cause a scene, but I'd let them know how I felt about them. 

And Meghan, hell no, there's no equivalence between my behavior and planting a bomb.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

And of course turned the whole thing back on herself.  Abby was drowned out because  Meghan had to giggle and of course thank the audience member who laughed with her.   All while Abby was still talking. So, yes, shitty friend.

That is what Whoopi and Meggie have in common.  They judge everyone else, and make it all about them.

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

There have been nasty John Mayer stories in the press for well over a decade (his tour bus had a "put out or get out" policy) AND if you're into astrology, he's a Libra with a Saggitarrius moon. No one should be surprised at his sexual exploits.  

I'm a Libra, but I must not be under a Sagittarius moon. Unfortunately.

• Love 4