Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/22/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

30 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Hey  Meggie, are you from the middle of the country or a border state? I’m confused.

In 2nd or 3 rd  grade I used to pray the teacher wouldn't call on me to go to the  front of the class and point out someplace on the map. Good way to screw a person up MM. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 8

I'm glad Joy made sure to point out that the voters need to keep their eye on the prize--Social Security, Medicaid, etc.--instead of falling for this caravan distraction. And I loved her open disdain for the Mooch's bullshit. Same to Whoopi for calling out the fact that a great deal of blue collar families--which the Mooch and others like him attempt to code as a white-only group--didn't vote for Trump.

Like Friday, they advertised a topic (I forget what it was) for the second round of hot topics, but when they came back they didn't cover it. They're still trying to rehab McCain's horrible image because both days, things were on the verge of a shrieking trainwreck by the end of the first segment. So instead today they talked about something lightweight like Sunny's birthday again. Sad to see ABC allow one co-host bring down the whole show. Even with her BFF, she still acts deranged.

Btw, anyone notice how pissed Meh-gun seemed to be over Abby's comments during the caravan topic? Abby, you better learn to fall in line with your bestie, lest your poor eardrums suffer the consequences.

• Love 23

Sunny’s birthday party looked fun and she glowed with happiness.  Good for her ❤️

Megan was very loud and seemed paranoid during immigration hot topic.  Sunny had her facts and blue cards ready.  

@TheGreenKnight are you talking about when Abby said we all come from immigration and Megan said we are a country of laws. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Okay, I'm fat...really fat, so I hope this isn't too rude.  I just cannot resist:

Apparently Spanx makes a pink pencil skirt.

I'm fat too..so  bwahaha!

(I don't know what happened to her arms in this screenshot)?

rps20181022_191248.jpg

• Love 5
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Meggie sure took offense at him being insulted by the Mooch, because he said he had a hissy fit.  Even military personnel can be flawed people, Meggie.

Apparently Meghan isn't friendly with enough wives/children of men in service...especially those of the highest ranks.  Some of those guys are certifiable.

Edited by Former Nun
Bolding
  • Love 10

One of my grandfathers came in through Canada.....no reason why. But his future wife's (my grandmother) family qualifies me to be a DAR - we go back that far. Although I am not interested in being one. Nor was she. She gave me her copy of Feminine Mystique when I was in college.

I think MM needs to join Ancestry or somehow figure out how her ancestors did not all come over on the Mayflower or listed on Ellis Island.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan says the same thing Trump does -   immigration is bad because of a certain instance where an illegal immigrant killed someone.   

When she said this I yelled at my tv, "And how many people were killed by US citizens on that day?  How many immigrants didn't kill anyone?"  

9 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I think MM needs to join Ancestry or somehow figure out how her ancestors did not all come over on the Mayflower or listed on Ellis Island.

Maybe she should take a DNA test to see how much NA blood she has.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan says the same thing Trump does -   immigration is bad because of a certain instance where an illegal immigrant killed someone.   

9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

When she said this I yelled at my tv, "And how many people were killed by US citizens on that day?  How many immigrants didn't kill anyone?"  

Since Meghan likes statistics so much, white men kill more people than illegal immigrants do so let's stop white men from coming to the United States.  Or better idea, lets start deporting the ones already here.

9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Illegal immigration is just a smokescreen to mask their real goal of limiting legal immigration from certain countries of darker hue. A derogatory term was used to malign people from those countries.  You guys know what I mean.  

Sunny (it was Sunny right?) who brought up the statistics that Asians have a high percentage of illegal immigrants.  And she also said Sweden. And Meghan's response was pretty much blah blah blah.

• Love 22
On 10/22/2018 at 9:27 PM, LoveIsJoy said:

The thing that I notice about Meghan is that she has a habit of turning challenging real-world situations into mere "optics" and "red meat for the base."  I'm sorry [™ Whoopi], but I don't think a caravan of human beings literally running for their lives from violence and terror is merely a red meat talking point for politicians and "pundints" [™ Meghan].  Abby had the decency to express sadness for the families and a desire for a humane outcome, but Meghan was having none of it.  Does the woman really not have a heart?  Even if a person believes that the US cannot absorb all of the caravan, can she not see how desperate they must be to walk for untold miles--with children in tow--in search of refuge.  Isn't it possible for her to throw out some suggestions and alternatives to aid the families?   But no, instead of first acknowledging the gravity of the situation and some measure of sympathy for her fellow human beings, she immediately starts snarling about being a nation of laws, and self-described "extreme" on the issue.  How is a person like this a self-anointed voice for the struggling blue-collar, border-state-cum-Middle America class?  She shows zero empathy on a daily basis.  I'm liking Abby more each day.

I like Abby as an addition. I don't always agree with her opinions and I'm not fond of her tactic of always saying 'both sides are guilty of this'. Don't get me wrong, I welcome calling out both sides for their hypocrisies but it shouldn't be done in a way where you take attention away from the actual story because it minimizes the wrong action that's the hot topic of the day in an effort to make it a general conversation about how both sides do bad shit. If that was the point of their conversations, it wouldn't be called 'hot topics'. Some think she's boring but I think she's actually consistent with one argument she's made quite often - journalists shouldn't be the news, they should report the news. Abby conducts herself in a way where she keeps the focus on the topic and not about herself. It's about sharing and countering opinions, not monopolizing all of the designated time to suggest that she's right and the others are wrong. She's also quite empathetic and while she may be Republican leaning, I do suspect that she would in fact be the type of person who would be willing to work with those across the aisle from her to find middle ground that can be a win for more people than less people. She seems driven by compassion but differ in the strategies that can be best employed to address issues...these are all great qualities for someone on the panel (imo) and I think those are all important qualities in having a discussion with someone across from you because no matter how they differ, they are open enough to LISTEN and are not fully committed to their own beliefs that they feel they can't learn from others who have different solutions for the world. She's the antithesis of what Meghan represents on that panel and it's exactly why Meghan has a job. Meghan makes herself the news by the way she behaves and treats her co-workers. I don't care if her co-workers like her or not. If I need to get to know you or throw back shots with you to figure out you aren't a bratty bitch, then chances are, you are a bratty bitch that just happens to be tolerant of people you decide are worthy of your kindness and compassion. That's a bitch.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I like Abby as an addition. I don't always agree with her opinions and I'm not fond of her tactic of always saying 'both sides are guilty of this'. Don't get me wrong, I welcome calling out both sides for their hypocrisies but it shouldn't be done in a way where you take attention away from the actual story because it minimizes the wrong action that's the hot topic of the day in an effort to make it a general conversation about how both sides do bad shit. If that was the point of their conversations, it wouldn't be called 'hot topics'. Some think she's boring but I think she's actually consistent with one argument she's made quite often - journalists shouldn't be the news, they should report the news. Abby conducts herself in a way where she keeps the focus on the topic and not about herself. It's not about sharing and countering opinions, not monopolizing all of the designated time to suggest that she's right and the others are wrong. She's also quite empathetic and while she may be Republican leaning, I do suspect that she would in fact be the type of person who would be willing to work with those across the aisle from her to find middle ground that can be a win for more people than less people. She seems driven by compassion but differ in the strategies that can be best employed to address issues...these are all great qualities for someone on the panel (imo) and I think those are all important qualities in having a discussion with someone across from you because no matter how they different, they are open enough to LISTEN and are not fully committed to their own beliefs that they feel they can't learn from others who have different solutions for the world. She's the antithesis of what Meghan represents on that panel and it's exactly why Meghan has a job. Meghan makes herself the news by the way she behaves and treats her co-workers. I don't care if her co-workers like her or not. If I need to get to know you or throw back shots with you to figure out you aren't a bratty bitch, then chances are, you are a bratty bitch that just happens to be tolerant of people you decide is worthy of your kindness and compassion. That's a bitch.

Exceptionally well stated, RHJunkie.

Abby seemes like she was actually raised with loving kindness and a core value of helping others beyond yourself (as she related yesterday when she talked about the inspiration for her book). 

In contrast to the Screecher who complained shrilly on the way to commercial,  that she didn't get to compliment Abby's cute baby.  Too bad Abby's husband took up so much time lovingly conplimenting his wife ( eye roll at Meggie s self-centered, spolied mini-rant). 

And again, despite Meggie LOUDLY touting her family values or "tone" , and sucking up compliments about her father,  she sure doesn't exhibit any positive genetic elements from said parentage. 

MM is a horrible human being. And stupid. 

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Joy acted like she was disgusted through the entire show.  She didn't even clap at the beginning of the show when they were initially making a big deal out of Meggie's bday.

I noticed that, too!  She was really not amused when Whoopi spilled her drink all over the table either.  I love Joy but want better for her so I wish she would get off this show, it pains her to be on there some days, I think, just as it pains me to watch it.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Who the hell is Erika Jane and why is Meghan totally losing her shit over her?  She is going bat shit crazy for her!  And I know everybody in the singing/celebrity/Hollywood world, it's my guilty pleasure, my jam, my vice, and I swear I have no idea who this chick is!  Off to google.

Erika Jayne is the alter ego of a Real Housewife of Beverly Hills - Erica Girardi (married to Tom Girardi - the lawyer known for the Erin Brocovich case).  She has a "vanity career" as a singer/club performer.  She has a following - mostly fans of the RH franchise, and she performs at a lot of gay clubs and venues.  She has plenty of her own money to promote herself and finance her performances.  From what I've seen on the RH shows, most of her work is auto-tuned, and her performances are all about sexy costumes, sexy dance moves and a big group of male dancers behind her.  

She's annoying, self-serving, spoiled, loud and makes no apologies, ever (Her favorite line during one of her seasons on the RH show is that she "gives zero f*cks"....).  She's very phony, imo.  No wonder Meghan likes her so much - they are very much alike!  

So glad I missed that part of the show!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 16
16 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Who the hell is Erika Jane and why is Meghan totally losing her shit over her?  She is going bat shit crazy for her!  And I know everybody in the singing/celebrity/Hollywood world, it's my guilty pleasure, my jam, my vice, and I swear I have no idea who this chick is!  Off to google.

Back from google --- Ahh, so that's why I have no idea who the hell she is.  She is a **reality tv** star.  From that shit Housewives franchise.  That's why I don't know her.  I only waste my time on legitimate celebs.

@njbchlover and I already answered this, but for everyone else who doesn't know who Erika Jayne is, this is the official video for the song she performed on The View, for Ms. I-Don't-Talk-About-Sex's birthday. 

Lyrics (maybe NSFW)

Edited by General Days
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, General Days said:

Three food trucks? A red carpet? A band and a deejay? 250 in a house? That's like my nightmare

Don't forget the Louis Vuitton luggage cake. What the heck was that???

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Erika Jayne is the "alter ego" of a Real Housewife of Beverly Hills - Erica Girardi (married to Tom Girardi - the lawyer known for the Erin Brocovich case).  She has a "vanity career" as a singer/club performer.  She has a following - mostly fans of the RH franchise, and she performs at a lot of gay clubs and venues.  She has plenty of her own money to promote herself and finance her performances.  From what I've seen on the RH shows, most of her work is auto-tuned, and her performances are all about sexy costumes, sexy dance moves and a big group of male dancers behind her.  

She's annoying, self-serving, spoiled, loud and makes no apologies, ever (Her favorite line during one of her seasons on the RH show is that she "gives zero f*cks"....).  She's very phony, imo.  No wonder Meghan likes her so much - they are very much alike!  

So glad I missed that part of the show!  

I don't think Erica Jane makes as much money as she spends.  I'm pretty sure her husband finances her "endeavours"!!!

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sunny's party was gaudy and over the top,

I think Sunny's goal was a life that was gaudy and over the top...and maybe a STAR on television and in movies.  At fifty, she's edging toward it.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I don't think Erica Jane makes as much money as she spends.  I'm pretty sure her husband finances her "endeavours"!!!

She might have her own money now, but her husband still finances all aspect of her "lifestyle."  She used to brag about it.

• Love 8