Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/22/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 22 
The Political View with Anthony Scaramucci (“Trump, The Blue-Collar President”); co-host Abby Huntsman shares her new book “Who Will I Be?”;“View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, Oct. 23 
"The View” celebrates Meghan’s birthday with guests Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) and Andy Cohen (“Watch What Happens Live”)

Wednesday, Oct. 24 
Day of Hot Topics 

Thursday, Oct. 25
Dr. Phil McGraw (“Dr. Phil”)

Friday, Oct. 26 
Tiffany Haddish (“Nobody’s Fool”)

I like Mooch on this show, especially his rapport with Joy. So what who cares.

Andy Cohen showing up on a birthday show for an outspoken supporter of the Trump Administration with a Senator who confirmed Brett Kavanaugh as the other guest is not a good look.

• Love 10

I knew Meghan's bday show was coming soon, but I didn't know it was coming this soon. I really hate the birthday shows in general so it'll be interesting to see how bad this one turns out to be.

Speaking of bad, this weeks's line up is... not looking too good.

• Love 11

Wednesday should be interesting......

I thought last week was lacking, but it looks like this week will follow in the same way. With Mooch there on Monday, does this mean that Whoopi called in sick? That would mean three conservatives on the table, so I'm kind of interested in seeing how that turns out. He does have a good rapport with Joy though.

Dr Phil....ugh.

Tiffany is promoting her new movie that deals with politics. I wonder if they'll keep the interview light or ask her opinion on things.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Um...Meghan is free to her opinion on immigration, but if she can talk about those on the Left and mean just those who are saying stuff then she has to accept that the other hosts will talk about those on the Right while not talking about Meghan personally. It was just an awkward exchange and shows once again just how "nonpartisan" and tribal Meghan really is.

She was railing against the left - "nobody at this table is saying this" - who want "open borders," but the minute Sunny says "those on the right," she just couldn't help but chime in, "I'm on the right." She's so frustrating to listen to and to watch.

• Love 17

Enough of Sunny's birthday!!

99 commercials and they come back to ramble on about Sunny's birthday party and then back to 99 more commercials.

And yes, it can get worse with tomorrow being Meghan's birthday. How many times are we going to hear "my father"?

• Love 17
Just now, JayD83 said:

Meghan said that an overpaid TV host shouldn't talk about winning the lottery.  This is the most honest thing that has EVER come out of her mouth.  Bravo to her for that. 

I don't watch but read the forum and apparently Kelly & Ryan on Live talk about their dream of winning the lottery all the time.  Assholes. 

• Love 15
Just now, Bronzedog said:

Whoopie says that all single parents want is for their kids to be all right.  Single parents?  Don't all parents want that?

As usual, she didn't sound like she knew where she was going with her comment. 

4 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Enough of Sunny's birthday!!

99 commercials and they come back to ramble on about Sunny's birthday party and then back to 99 more commercials.

And yes, it can get worse with tomorrow being Meghan's birthday. How many times are we going to hear "my father"?

Multiple food trucks, a Louis Vuitton cake, a red carpet, a locally(?) recognized "Sunny Day," so on and so forth. I don't know if it's just because I'm not extravagant when it comes to birthdays or if it's because I don't have the money she has but it all seems really over the top. 

• Love 15

I think it's sweet that Manny went over the top to celebrate Sunny's 50th birthday. 

Scaramucci is still full of shit. On the Today Show he was talking about how he wrote in his book that Trump is thick skinned. Um, what???  He said it was because when criticized Trump will push back even harder, which is the exact opposite of being thick skinned. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I guess it's true, EVERYBODY has a book now? 

Did I just hear that correctly???  Joy said that the baby looks just like dad, and dad says 'thank god, that way there isn't any questions'  ??!!

Lol, I thought I heard that , made me laugh.  Reminded me of being at a party.  Reconnecting with  a woman I'd known in high school. Her young son and husband and a few other of their family members came over. The little boy looked just like his mother, spitting image . I Said this. That was met with a chorus of people (her family ) saying oh no no, he looks just like her husband.  It went on for a few minutes.  I exchanged a funny look with my husband as we walked away he leaned over and said  someone needs reassuring that it's his kids we giggled like mean girls lol.

Meghan is rude.  Does she really not see how rude she comes across or she just doesn't care?

I'll be skipping tomorrow. 

Abby's baby was cute, perfect shaped head. Love a bald baby. All 3 of my children looked like they were born wearing little adorable wigs lol.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 11
49 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:
54 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

She seems to be so unhappy, defensive, bitter and mean.  Cold, unfriendly...  I could go on. 

Nasty, obnoxious, rude, impolite, arrogant.  I could go on.

As a conservative, as a republican, from a border state, my father, I have a friend..... I could go on.

• Love 24

MM (to The Mooch):   "Trump supporters hate the same people that traditionally the people on the right do."  <snip> "I'm talking about culture issues.  We hate the same people."

Don't "normal" people usually try to decry hatred?  Why does MM admit to and embrace it so?

--------------------

If I had to work with Adam Glassman from "O" magazine, I'd be ducking under my desk whenever he was walking down the hall.  Really...five minutes maximum for listening to him. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Paraphrase of what just happened:

Meghan: "Those that are on the left, but not anyone on this table, is saying we need open borders and blah blah blah."

Sunny: "Then I wish those on the right would stop lying about-"

Meghan: "You mean me?"

Sunny: "You're on the right, but not you. But the majority of undocumented immigrants are-"

Joy: "We're talking about the extreme right,"

Meghan: "But I'm extreme on this issue, maybe more than anyone thinks I am."

Um...Meghan is free to her opinion on immigration, but if she can talk about those on the Left and mean just those who are saying stuff then she has to accept that the other hosts will talk about those on the Right while not talking about Meghan personally. It was just an awkward exchange and shows once again just how "nonpartisan" and tribal Meghan really is.

I somehow started off my week mentality exhausted so I don't think I can be bothered to watch today and tomorrow and be annoyed, lol.  Joy and Sunny were cowards in that moment. If they wanted to make the point that the right continually lie about claiming open borders (Meghan has said this repeatedly) then when Meghan gets offended and says 'are you talking about me?', the only truthful answer is 'yes' because she falls into the category of Conservatives who feel that leftist policies on immigration are not restrictive enough and therefore they think they have some artistic license to take 'their policies aren't strict enough for my liking to', 'OMG, Democrats want open borders and giving immigrants free reign into our country'. Simpleton.

• Love 19
16 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I knew Meghan's bday show was coming soon, but I didn't know it was coming this soon. I really hate the birthday shows in general so it'll be interesting to see how bad this one turns out to be.

Speaking of bad, this weeks's line up is... not looking too good.

Oh no!  Looks like i better get my ass over to Spencers gifts quick! ................. yeah, ok now..........

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I don't watch but read the forum and apparently Kelly & Ryan on Live talk about their dream of winning the lottery all the time.  Assholes. 

They HAVE won the lottery!

21 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Andy Cohen showing up on a birthday show for an outspoken supporter of the Trump Administration with a Senator who confirmed Brett Kavanaugh as the other guest is not a good look.

Andy Cohen & MM's birthday - a must-miss show!

• Love 16
21 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

I had the show on and I couldn't even listen to the Mooch's bullshit. He's such a liar and self-promoter. I did notice he seemed to be making Joy nauseated. She had empathy for him at first (I mean when Trump fired him), and took umbrage that some people were in some way denigrating his Italian heritage. I'm hoping he's lost her and that we won't have to see him again. Since this show is now under the ABC News division, they really shouldn't have him on. He just misinforms people, and no one on this show is up to the task of really fact-checking him. They try, but they just don't have it. 

Meghan and Andy are buds (of a sort; he's another shameless promoter). She guests on his Watch What Happens Live show on Bravo.

4 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I'm sorry,  but I want to go back to something Sunny said about her birthday. Who has a "committee of friends "??????

Well, Sunny. I have no doubt she told Manny what to do for her party and which of her friends to rope in to help him. 

5 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I wish I lived in a world where $120 for face cream isn't all that expensive.

Or even $56.00 with free shipping. 

• Love 11

The Mooch interview was awkward and he sounded nervous, which was weird.

For those who didn't see the Meghan "Are you saying I'm a liar?" exchange, here it is: [Edit: They added the YouTube version now so I'm linking to that instead]

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Tunia said:

MM (to The Mooch):   "Trump supporters hate the same people that traditionally the people on the right do."  <snip> "I'm talking about culture issues.  We hate the same people."

That is how things are with Meghan.  She doesn't have a difference of political opinions with people. She just flat out hates them.  So just who exactly do you hate Meghan?  All Democrats? Progressives?  Or just anyone that doesn't agree with your beliefs?  Doesn't her older half sister identify as a Democrat?

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

That is how things are with Meghan.  She doesn't have a difference of political opinions with people. She just flat out hates them.  So just who exactly do you hate Meghan?  All Democrats? Progressives?  Or just anyone that doesn't agree with your beliefs?  Doesn't her older half sister identify as a Democrat?

She said it twice, and I was really hoping someone would say:  who are these people who you hate?  The rest of the panel are complete wimps when it comes to Meggie.  You could see that Whoopi was frustrated by what Meggie was saying, but she said nothing.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, OnTime said:
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

She seems to be so unhappy, defensive, bitter and mean.  Cold, unfriendly...  I could go on. 

Nasty, obnoxious, rude, impolite, arrogant.  I could go on.

As a conservative, as a republican, from a border state, my father, I have a friend..... I could go on.

As someone from the middle of the country...I could go on.

• Love 13

What about what Meggie was wearing today.  Horrid and made her look awful.  She was tucking in her blouse as she sat down.

I think John Kelly is an awful person based on what he has done since he has been in the WH, but Meggie sure took offense at him being insulted by the Mooch, because he said he had a hissy fit.  Even military personnel can be flawed people, Meggie.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, bannana said:

What about what Meggie was wearing today.  Horrid and made her look awful.  She was tucking in her blouse as she sat down.

She needs a stylist.  That outfit did her no favors.  Surely there is someone who can help Meghan dress to flatter her body shape.

• Love 8

Okay, I'm fat...really fat, so I hope this isn't too rude.  I just cannot resist:

Apparently Spanx makes a pink pencil skirt.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, May Jacks said:

Hey  Meggie, are you from the middle of the country or a border state? I’m confused.

Whichever suits her purpose at the time. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 18