Type keyword(s) to search

Dominion - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So..... they, really went there.  The hot angel that Riesen is having an affair with is either his dead wife, or is someone simply using the dead wife's body, as a vessel.  I was kind of confused over the whole thing.  She did risk exposing herself to get Claire a gift, so she does have some kind of feelings towards her.  Either way, I just find this twist so silly and obvious.

Meanwhile, in wacky news due to a misunderstanding, Claire now thinks Whele is working for Gabriel, thanks to finding whatever that scarf was that William hid in Whele's drawer.  Judging from the way he was looking at him at the end, it seems like Whele already figured out it was actually William, but I doubt Claire will ever believe him.  But, it looks like she's going to try and use it to prevent Whele from kicking Riesen out of the council.

Of course, Alex and Norma had a relationship in the past.  Saw that coming a mile away.

Overall, kind of bored with this episode.

Despite the show's mediocre writing, it managed to pull out another twist I hadn't seen coming. I mean I guessed it when she said she was toasting to a dead loved one but that was too close to the reveal.

So Eight Balls are basically mortal? I thought they'd be like vampires, not in need of food and water.

I'm warming up to Clare. She's at her best when not with Alex.

I don't get why sleeping with Michael is bad and Becca had to clean house. Is he not a 'hero'? I'm surprised there's no cult worshipping him or at least naive fangirls fawning over him. I mean he has superpowers and he looks like that.

• Love 4
(edited)

I didn't see the twist at the end coming, so that was a surprise.

I was a little confused by the beginning, was the crying boy Luke? Does Whele blame him for the death of the rest of the family?

I don't get why sleeping with Michael is bad and Becca had to clean house. Is he not a 'hero'? I'm surprised there's no cult worshipping him or at least naive fangirls fawning over him. I mean he has superpowers and he looks like that.

I don't get this either, is he not allowed to have sex? And exactly who are those other women?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 1

I was a little confused by the beginning, was the crying boy Luke? Does Whele blame him for the death of the rest of the family?

The boy was William when he was a toddler. And yes, David blames him for the death of the family. That scene made me understand the dynamic between father and son. It doesn't justify his hate/disgust (?) for William but I see it.

I don't get this either, is he not allowed to have sex?

Even if he's not allowed, I'd like to see whos going to stop him. Which reminds me of that wonderful smack down that Michael laid on David in that previous council meeting. I don't know why he thought threatening Michael was a good idea.

David told Becca that people would look upon her badly, not Michael. Apparently she would lose everything if the affair got out. Which, like I said, I don't get. If I know someone's banging an Archangel, I'd be impressed.

And exactly who are those other women?

In episode 1, Michael was having sex with Becca and those women. So it's bad news for them too, if word got out.
  • Love 2

There just seemed to be a lot of talking this episode. The 'training' with Michael and Alex didn't really add much to the action quota : Alex sucks - we already knew that. 

And now PrettyPrettyPrincess is a manipulative Machiavellian blackmailer, too. These humans really aren't worth saving.

I had already guessed that Riesen's demon lover was his dead wife. So, the lower angels need host bodies to come to Earth, but if the host body is killed does that mean the angel-demon goes back to the other dimension - or is it dead-dead? It also appears as if the possessed victim retains some of their memories. 

But Riesen is a cold-hearted bastard who shots people in the head from behind (last episode), so killing off his possessed wife isn't much of a stretch for him. 

... Did I mention how lousy the humans on this show are? 

(edited)

I don't get this either, is he not allowed to have sex? And exactly who are those other women?

This is in the bible.  The Angels who slept with human women had children called the Nephilim.  I believe they were all killed in the flood and the Angels became Demons.

Later Jesus teached that the Angels were not allowed to marry(each other or just humans is unclear) or intermingle with humans.

So he's not allowed by God.  But since God is absent in this story, it appears Micheal feels it's no longer a law. The threat would remain though that any children he had with a human would turn out the same as the Nephilim.

It would be interesting if it turned out that Clare's mom was already possessed when she was concieved, which would make her a Nephilim.

Edited by Shimmergloom

It would be interesting if it turned out that Clare's mom was already possessed when she was concieved, which would make her a Nephilim.

I thought she was born before her mom died/was possessed. In the family portrait, they made sure to zoom in on her eyes and they were still blue. What I'm wondering is do Eight Balls age? They need food and water, but if they are mortals, why does she still look 25?

Thank you for the Nephilim explanation, by the way. I myself had forgotten that back in episode 1, Michael said he was afraid of creating one, after his orgy session.

(edited)

So I guess photo studios were still up and running during the end of the world?  It's like Reisen was all "Hey eight ball, imma let you finish eating that photograher's face, but my wife's dress is the hottest ever so let's take a pic first."  Or else photographers were high priority when Vega first started?  Who knows?  It's just really weird that the Riesen family has this random photo.  But I guess if I'm meant to believe the caste system was easily accepted in >25 years AND the caste system forces children to starve despite the fact that Vega apparently needs children, I might as well believe Riesen family was able to stop a photographer in the middle of all the fighting and get a snazzy pic.  Unless Claire is meant to be several years older than Alex and William?  

Can we go ahead and acknowledge that the tats are bad news?  They've led to nothing but harm thus far.  First, they get a bunch of people killed (yeah, Whele did that, but still).  Then they work to isolate Alex by telling him not to trust anyone.  Later, they help Alex prove himself to the Senator which led to that Senators death.  Now Bixby's face is being used to give him cryptic messages.  Maybe Alex had the right idea by trying to run away.  

Edited by bluebonnet
  • Love 2

You can see the scene here, it's the second clip:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/07/dominion-episode-105-something-borrowed_11.html

Basically, 8balls were in the Welded house and all 5 of them were hiding in the closet. William was only a toddler at that time, and he kept crying, bringing attention to themselves. 8balls found them, killed his mother and 2 older siblings. Giles killed the 8balls but it was too late. He looked at little William, angrily.

• Love 1

The boy was William when he was a toddler. And yes, David blames him for the death of the family. That scene made me understand the dynamic between father and son. It doesn't justify his hate/disgust (?) for William but I see it.

Thanks, I meant William, Luke is his real name LOL

I'm out. I'll just look at pics of Tom Wisdom online to get my fix. The show is too boring, the dialogue horrible, and story makes no sense (yes I know Angel war but royal families in Las Vegas - the fuck?)

Episode Synopsis:

A powerful Vega senator takes the city’s leaders and food supply hostage, demanding the Chosen One’s secret identity be made public. At the same time, Michael is called to a family meeting of archangels, including Gabriel. Elsewhere, Claire goes against the majority.

I'm out......The show is too boring, the dialogue horrible, and story makes no sense

I'm with you Grammaeryn....can't take it anymore!  Will keep up with the snark for a while. If anything piques my interest, I may tune in, but otherwise, nuh uh.

I meant to ask but forgot. Can anyone think of a reason for Bixby? They brought this little girl into the story, made her seem like a potential "daughter" for Alex, introduced her into the PPPs life giving her the mother role, & then had her killed off. Why? Why go through all the trouble of creating a character & storyline (that really had nothing to do with the story) & then kill her off? They didn't even give us an explanation of why Whele killed her, does he randomly kill children? Nobody even seems to be grieving for her that much, I just don't understand it.

Can anyone think of a reason for Bixby? They brought this little girl into the story, made her seem like a potential "daughter" for Alex, introduced her into the PPPs life giving her the mother role, & then had her killed off. Why? Why go through all the trouble of creating a character & storyline (that really had nothing to do with the story) & then kill her off?

Shows do stuff like this all the time, especially during the first season. They have ideas for characters that for whatever reason don't work out and they get dropped.

I meant to ask but forgot. Can anyone think of a reason for Bixby? They brought this little girl into the story, made her seem like a potential "daughter" for Alex, introduced her into the PPPs life giving her the mother role, & then had her killed off. Why? Why go through all the trouble of creating a character & storyline (that really had nothing to do with the story) & then kill her off? They didn't even give us an explanation of why Whele killed her, does he randomly kill children? Nobody even seems to be grieving for her that much, I just don't understand it.

whele killed her for the same reason he killed all the others. He doesn't want people talking about the Chosen One.

As to her purpose, probably just emotional capital. She might be more relevant dead as she could be the face the magical tats use to communicate with Alex. These tats seem like bad news so A way to make him trust whatever they want to convey might be useful.

It's too bad that there are those out there that believe only white folks can entertain.  Wanting something else is not "political correctness" it's the world we live in, or at least the world I live in. 

What's too bad is that we have people who have set themselves up as the moral authority for everyone.  And when they don't kowtow to that authority, they are called racists. 

And if you're looking for quotas on TV shows, then yes that is political correctness.

Last time I looked minorities are flourishing in sports, movies and television.

• Love 1

Four episodes in, and I'm still thinking the Angels are speaking Enochian when they talk, regardless of what the captions say about mysterious foreign languages. Sorry.

I kept thinking about the final episode of MASH when Hawkeye kept trying to get the civilian woman to keep her baby quiet and she put her hand over the baby's mouth for so long that the baby suffocated and died and Hawkeye couldn't deal with the guilt.

• Love 1
Claire and her mother come face to face, William takes action against his father and an angel is loose in Vega!

Not sure why an angel being loose in Vega would be included in the summary of the episode considering angels are constantly loose in Vega.  

I'd already figured Michael was so anti-baby because he'd already had one and Bad Things resulted. Now I'm convinced (even before the previews) that God ordered him to kill the baby (like Abraham/Isaac without the take-back) and that's what he needs redemption for. It actually makes sense as his motivation to save baby Alex.

I refuse to entertain the notion that Alex is God because I refuse to entertain the idea that the Almighty would be dating PPP.

(edited)

I liked Clementine 8-ball so much more than Claire- the wrong one died. Or, you know, was murdered by her only child.  Since the only thing that appeared to be wrong with her was she could barely breathe, couldn't they have tried a hospital or something? The choking didn't even seem that serious since Claire had plenty of time to wander off to have a heart to heart with Daddy and then wander back some time later to smother Clementine. Meanwhile Michael apparently had time for a trip over to his sister's, apparently in the same time period.

Was William and David's conversation supposed to be suggesting that David knew William was Acolyte in chief and was covering for him?

Apparently I also like Becca more than I thought, because I kind of missed her in this episode.

I shouldn't love this show so much but I do.

Edited by Greta
  • Love 1

I think that makes sense, @Greta.  For a while, I thought the show was implying that Michael was the father, which didn't work with Legion canon.  In Legion, it seemed implied that Gabriel was the father.  But, if Michael had previously been commanded to kill his baby and he obeyed, it makes a lot of sense that his fatherly behavior towards Alex has been with his seeking redemption.  

The only good thing that would come out of Alex being God is if all this hanging around the upper echelon of society makes him realize the elites generally suck and he has a lightbulb moment in how sucky he has been for all time.  

I love this show, too, for some odd reason, and it's only partly because Tom Wisdom is so hot as Michael.

I was a little confused with Claire's mother.  Was the fading of her blue eyes meant to indicate that the essence of who she is was sucked out of her with the exorcism?  Which I guess made her technically brain dead?  I guess Claire just needed that talk with Daddy to pep her up to do what he couldn't do.  It was kind of poor editing.

I wish there was more world building.  The blandness of everything is starting to grate.  

• Love 1

I didn't realize this until Clementine started looking human again, but the actress is totally the same one who played Princess Kwenthrith on Vikings this season.  That's kind of cool.  I'm still confused over what happened exactly.  It looked like Alex got the 8-Ball out of her, but according to Michael, her human spirit left as well?  So, was exactly happened to her and why was it irreversible?  That whole ending didn't make much sense to me. 

Also not sure what is going on with David and William, and what William's plan is.  Is he making David a Gabriel acolyte, now?  Is David going to be their prisoner or something?  Because even if he goes through the ritual, why does he have to follow them?  While I don't want Anthony Head to leave, it would have been easier if William killed him.  Now, he either has to keep him captive, or somehow make him play along.  I hope this is explained better in the next episode.

Riesen and Arika have now formed an alliance, and it sounds like Arika is going back to Helena, to take over the place.  Also sounds like they really weren't as powerful as they claimed, and Riesen just happen to know.  He held on to that card for as long as he could.  Of course, we'll see if him being at odds with Claire is going to come back to bite him.

• Love 1

I guess I'm going against the grain here and thought this was their best episode yet.

Yes at Claire for doing nobody could or wanted to do. She killed her mother because if someone finds out about her catatonic self, there would be too much explaining and would cost votes against her father.

Props to Claire too for stepping up and get her her father to stand down. He is a liability at this point. I do appreciate him taking down Giles a notch, though. How can you not figure out that Helena had only one plane?

I always felt that David was one of the weaker points but I actually felt bad for him tonight. He was right, he had been protecting William all this while despite his misgivings. Although expected, I was disappointed when William didn't pull the trigger (I wanted a game-changer) but what happened next was just as surprising. He would either declare his father missing or his father would do his bidding from now on. Surprise me again, show.

• Love 2

Princess Ethel taking over the war? If boredom is a weapon, Gabriel is doomed. Killing her mother and overthrowing her father would have been very expressive of serious issues if she had any appropriate affect or dialogue or discernible motivation. I think I see the actress trying (they do, usually) but I can't care about stuff and nonsense unless it's done with a much lighter touch. 

Chris Egan managed a mad gleam in his eye when he was plotting the "eviction." They could really go places with "I wanna play with my tattoos." Although when I write that out, it reads so much dirtier than I thought. 

William would rather save his awful Dad for his true spiritual leader Gabriel? Awww, how filial pious! I was inordinately happy to see him knock that leering grin off the father's face. Shame he's not just the bad guy but the designated loser, being the romantic rival to the hero. 

You know Uriel is going to show the pictures to one of Gabriel's underlings, right?

• Love 1

I didn't realize this until Clementine started looking human again, but the actress is totally the same one who played Princess Kwenthrith on Vikings this season.  That's kind of cool.  I'm still confused over what happened exactly.  It looked like Alex got the 8-Ball out of her, but according to Michael, her human spirit left as well?  So, was exactly happened to her and why was it irreversible?  That whole ending didn't make much sense to me. 

Also not sure what is going on with David and William, and what William's plan is.  Is he making David a Gabriel acolyte, now?  Is David going to be their prisoner or something?  Because even if he goes through the ritual, why does he have to follow them?  While I don't want Anthony Head to leave, it would have been easier if William killed him.  Now, he either has to keep him captive, or somehow make him play along.  I hope this is explained better in the next episode.

Riesen and Arika have now formed an alliance, and it sounds like Arika is going back to Helena, to take over the place.  Also sounds like they really weren't as powerful as they claimed, and Riesen just happen to know.  He held on to that card for as long as he could.  Of course, we'll see if him being at odds with Claire is going to come back to bite him.

This pretty much summed it all up for me. I'm confused by what happened to Clementine & Whele, I wish they would explain things better.

Originally I thought Clementine died in Claire's arms but then she comes back from talking to her father and she's still breathing?  And they don't at least get a doctor to confirm that she's in a coma and never waking up before euthanizing her?  WTF?

Is William really stupid enough to think that any conversion by his father will last one second longer than it takes for Whele to turn it to his advantage and stab everyone in the back?  He has met his father right?

• Love 1

I think that makes sense, @Greta.  For a while, I thought the show was implying that Michael was the father, which didn't work with Legion canon.  In Legion, it seemed implied that Gabriel was the father.  But, if Michael had previously been commanded to kill his baby and he obeyed, it makes a lot of sense that his fatherly behavior towards Alex has been with his seeking redemption.  

The only good thing that would come out of Alex being God is if all this hanging around the upper echelon of society makes him realize the elites generally suck and he has a lightbulb moment in how sucky he has been for all time.  

If Michael's idea of "fatherly behavior" or "redemption" is whipping his son or letting him be abandoned to starve at the age of ten, Michael seriously needs to take some parenting classes.

If Michael's idea of "fatherly behavior" or "redemption" is whipping his son or letting him be abandoned to starve at the age of ten, Michael seriously needs to take some parenting classes.

Well, if we assume his role models were all from Old Testament stories, it kind of makes sense...

Well, if we assume his role models were all from Old Testament stories, it kind of makes sense...

I would think his role model would be God, that's who he keeps calling father. I don't know if that's a deliberate choice on the show's part, but IMO, that's saying a whole lot about religion. 

Haha, totally forgot about the whipping.  I was thinking more of the "I did it for you so you could be strong and so I could later allow this single tear to fall down my face to express how much it pained me."  

Haha, totally forgot about the whipping.  I was thinking more of the "I did it for you so you could be strong and so I could later allow this single tear to fall down my face to express how much it pained me."

Ha, the Dean Winchester approach.
(edited)

Originally I thought Clementine died in Claire's arms but then she comes back from talking to her father and she's still breathing?  And they don't at least get a doctor to confirm that she's in a coma and never waking up before euthanizing her?  WTF?

Michael already said that her spirit has left her body, so basically all that's left is just an empty shell.

And yes, I agree, Clementine 8-ball was a much more enjoyable character to watch compared to Claire. Oh well.

Edited by MsChipper
  • Love 1

I know he's a smarmy douche in this show but I love Anthony Stewart Head so much I kept screaming at the tv "No! Don't kill Giles!"

Apparently I have an unhealthy obsession with anyone connected to Buffy The Vampire Slayer :D

• Love 1

Yeah, testament to how my interest in this show is waning, took me a while to finally watch this episode.

So is Claire older than Alex? Since Alex was born when the angels invaded and Clair obviously still had her real, non-possessed mother for several years when that photo was taken.

So why did the 8-ball that took over Claire's mother's body become 'tame' and not the killer the others all are?

Alex is called upon by Michael to help prevent any further casualties after innocent higher angels turn up dead in Vega; at the same time, Gabriel causes tension by revealing a long-hidden secret; William "re-educates" his father; and Noma reignites an old flame.

So, Michael is a very, very naughty boy.  Apparently, the whole Noah's ark flood from the Bible, was actually a lie, and he just massacred everyone?  I couldn't tell if it was his own doing, or if he was following God's orders.  Meanwhile, it looked like Gabriel, on the other hand, was trying to prevent it. Weird.  I wonder if they're going to start taking other stories from the Bible and start changing them around.

Of course, thanks to Gabriel's abilities to mind control higher angels now, he told Alex this, and he's all pissed.  And, if it wasn't bad enough, Alex finds out that Noma was actually a higher angel all this time.  I guess there isn't much difference between having sex with an angel and a regular human being.

The stuff with William and David continues on.  Looks like they're going in the direction of William breaking David down through mind games and stuff.  Already took the first step by making David shoot his lion.  I still don't know what to make of this plot.  

Most definitely did not see Noma the angel coming.  If anyone in the close friend group was an angel, I hoped it would be the gay friend.  Would be great to have some gay angels.  

It's very interesting because Claire and William have become much more believable as the semi evil dictators than their fathers ever were.  I believe that they both care about the city but only in a paternalistic sort of way.  I'm liking this things so far.

I really wish we'd learn more abut the chosen one.  Who the hell is his father?  What makes him Chosen?  Why was Gabriel so intent on killing him as a baby but now wants to be his buddy?  It's grating that we aren't given more info about the whole chosen one thing, save that he exists and has a purpose which is also equally mysterious.