Type keyword(s) to search

Dominion - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So my questions after watching (and I sort of had this question after Legion too..) are  1)   What happens to the souls of all those killed or possesed by the angels?  With God MIA is everyone Heaven-bound stuck in Purgatory?  Or do they still ascend and it's just all awkward...   2)  Where are the forces of Hell during all this?  

• Love 2
Alex rejects his new role as the Chosen One, but then a sleeper threat in Vega forces him to spring into action and protect the ones he loves. Meanwhile, Michael meets with Gabriel one last time before the war between angels and mankind reignites; and Gen. Riesen and David Whele try to tie up loose ends.

Who were the two angels that came from Gabriel to fight Michael? I must have missed something. Michael is totally freaky and I guess that's a good thing for an angel. I'm in for the season

So my questions after watching (and I sort of had this question after Legion too..) are  1)   What happens to the souls of all those killed or possesed by the angels?  With God MIA is everyone Heaven-bound stuck in Purgatory?  Or do they still ascend and it's just all awkward...   2)  Where are the forces of Hell during all this?  

When it comes to SyFy and theological matters, I wouldn't set the bar too high.  They had enough trouble dealing with the proper interaction of sharks and tornadoes.

Although I guess maybe the writers assume that there is no Hell and no demons.  Otherwise, if Gabriel and his fallen angels are bad, what does that make the demons?  Badder?

• Love 1

I tuned in at 9:10 and I'm in for the season. Tropes? Ridiculously opaque and complex plots by fairly two-dimensional characters? Death by nail polish? A moppet who didn't take up too much screen time and might actually have been offed?  Evil Gabriel coming off more sympathetic than Good Michael? Just top the whole thing with some fresh whipped cream (none of that Cool Whip crap- the artificiality quotient has been met in this particular dish) and give me a spoon.

• Love 1
(edited)

Dire. I don't know what was worse, the acting or the plot. Chris Egan has absolutely no charisma and he is a horrible actor. Even Anthony Head and Alan Dale's scenes fell flat. I am not surprised that Alan Dale's character is ill, but he does not look well. 

Edited by SimoneS

A place to talk about what you think will happen and what you'd like to see happen.

One thing I'd like to see is for Lucifer to show up.  Not as a Big Bad, Gabriel fills that role nicely but as a wild card, sometimes helping Gabriel, sometimes, Michael but mostly as a general spanner in the works trickster type.

So, Alan Dale/Riesen, not only has a heart defect, but his apparently having an affair with a hot angel?  Yeah, I don't see him surviving this season.  This shows strikes me as a show that will kill a regular off to "shock" people, and my money is on this dude now.

Since I apparently wasn't paying attention to all the back-story in the pilot, it sounds like, according to that conversation between Gabriel and Michael, God has just run off somewhere?  And Gabriel thinks it's because he's pissed at how his creation/the human race turned out?  Hmm... actually, I can kind of buy that.

Of course, Alex is going to be all "I don't want these powers!"  Got to have the reluctant hero.  And, of course he abandons Claire all "It's too dangerous for us to be together!  Peace!"  Yeah, this character and this romance aren't exactly breaking any barriers.  Although, I guess we do find out that Roxanne McKee's time on Game of Thrones has made her comfortable with nudity.

I am kind of liking this Arika character, for managing to wipe that smirk off of Whele's face for a few seconds.  I suspect he'll gain back the advantage, but it was fun.  I do hope we eventually get to meet this Helena character they are hyping up, and they better get a kick-ass actress to play her.  I'm talking Lucy Lawless level badass, please.

I did laugh when Alex was all "I don't want to talk!  Leave me alone!" to Michael, and Michael just grabs him and flies off to his tower.  Dick move, but I was highly amused.

I'll probably stick with it, since I'm not watching much else.  And Anthony Head is still fun to watch.

Whele had to explain why the women were dead. The mean woman offered to back up a story that they were in on the boy assassin plot (in exchange for being vindicated as innocent, then released) or Whele would have to accuse her as well, committing himself to war with off-screen lesbian goddess priestess. The stunt basically kept him from stalling. There was an unconvincing line of dialogue about how glorious it would be to die, but as near as I can tell it just forced Whele to decide sooner. The poisonous nail polish wasn't amusing enough to make me forget to wonder why she just didn't offer the guy some handy confessions from designated handmaids? Essentially it was one-upmanship: Let me out now or go to war with my girl friend!

I'm not familiar with Head's work, so I'm not getting any boost from nostalgia. I find the character boring because he's stupid and one-note, which is also mean. I can't believe this man could sell religion with real miracles. He's so intent on curling his mustaches while he tries to intimidate you for the fun of it! The guy playing William on the other hand is really selling me as a glad-handing unctuous salesman for religion.

Alan Dale is acting like a sick man, at least. It's hard to believe his character is spry enough for sex. 

Reluctant hero is kind of stale but I can't think Chris Egan is the weakest link. To me, the show's black hole of charisma, where excitement goes to fall in, never to be seen again? Princess Claire, who may as well be named Princess Ethel as far as I'm concerned.

Themadman, it is not wrong to root for the lead to die in his fight with the bad angel. He's such a mopey, charisma free character that the show would improve a thousand fold if he died. Instead of having a chosen one saving them, let humanity save itself. That would be a major change in this type of story. If I was put in charge of this show, there would be a major bloodbath coming at the end of this season, and I'd wipe out most of the characters on the show, and all of my writing staff behind the scenes, and start over again.

(edited)

Alex's tattoos don't appear to be consistent. In last week's scenes there were parts of it that trailed up the back of his neck, to right below his ears. But this week. he was wearing a long sleeved tunic thing, which should have exposed the tattoo on the back of his neck -- but they were no-show.

The politics on this show just seem boring to me, but I can't decide if it's the dialogue, acting, or general story line. Or maybe it's the fact that TPTB are so heavy-handed about every point.

Maybe that's the show's biggest problem - heavy-handedness, such as having Michael's concubine ask about General Riesen's mysterious trips outside the city -- quickly followed by General Riesen travelling outside the city for the episode's 'shock' ending. 

At pet peeve of mine occurred during the fight between Alex and the housekeeper undercover Angel : she takes out the red-shirt guard in a half-second, slicing open his throat. But Alex, Alex's urchin, and PPP (pretty, pretty princess) get the kid glove treatment and survive. They could at least be less obvious about the red-shirt trope.

And I have to agree with Alex being a weak link. The reluctant, in denial, no-one-is-safe-around-me hero has been done to death. I'm dreading the tattoos revealing cryptic, non-definitive messages during the course of the show. Let's just get the easy ones out of the way quickly: 

"Everything you know is wrong." "The truth is out there."  "The truth takes time." "Beware the ides of March." "Outlook not so good." "Concentrate and ask again."

Edited by shrewd.buddha

thuganomics85:  Helena is the name of the City, not it's leader although to be fair I can't remember her name either.

Ah, thanks.  I clearly must not be paying much attention to those scenes, if I got all that confused.

I love the idea of this show, the execution of it? Not so much.

I know we're only two episodes in but I'm going to try to stick it out only because I love Anthony Stewart Head and what he, as an actor, is capable of. It's the writing that sucks IMO, although hearing ASH speaking with an American accent is weird, his talent is being wasted on this show.

• Love 1

thuganomics85:  Helena is the name of the City, not it's leader although to be fair I can't remember her name either.

I believe Evelyn is the name of the "off-screen lesbian goddess priestess" (hee @sjohnson). I thought this episode was godawful between the dialogue and stilted acting but I'll stick with it. Is it weird that I found Gabriel much more menacing and cooler in the premiere? You have to give the show props for not killing off street urchin girl. Also, I thought the scene between the Whele son and Alex was well done in terms of setting up potential storylines and vaguely animated acting. Do you think the tattoos itch or burn? I wonder if it's like celestial texting from God?

Whele had to explain why the women were dead. The mean woman offered to back up a story that they were in on the boy assassin plot (in exchange for being vindicated as innocent, then released) or Whele would have to accuse her as well, committing himself to war with off-screen lesbian goddess priestess. The stunt basically kept him from stalling. There was an unconvincing line of dialogue about how glorious it would be to die, but as near as I can tell it just forced Whele to decide sooner. The poisonous nail polish wasn't amusing enough to make me forget to wonder why she just didn't offer the guy some handy confessions from designated handmaids? Essentially it was one-upmanship: Let me out now or go to war with my girl friend!

It still doesn't make sense to me, I heard what she said to Whele, but I don't get why she had to kill off all of the others, it seems like a really convoluted plot, and was the poison in the floor? They died because they got dirt under their nails? Does it make sense to put your prisoners in a cell with a poison floor?

Do you think the tattoos itch or burn? I wonder if it's like celestial texting from God?

Hee! The next message will be, "YOLO. C U L8R. LOL." They will ponder this strange code for centuries before there's any action onscreen.

• Love 2

It still doesn't make sense to me, I heard what she said to Whele, but I don't get why she had to kill off all of the others, it seems like a really convoluted plot, and was the poison in the floor? They died because they got dirt under their nails? Does it make sense to put your prisoners in a cell with a poison floor?

Okay, here's the deal. The had poison nail polish so rubbing the floor made it grind into a powder they could ingest. Whele had detained the women from another city. All but one were dead. How could he explain away their deaths without going to war with a city that has an airforce? It's diplomatic blackmail.

Okay, here's the deal. The had poison nail polish so rubbing the floor made it grind into a powder they could ingest. Whele had detained the women from another city. All but one were dead. How could he explain away their deaths without going to war with a city that has an airforce? It's diplomatic blackmail.

Ah, I didn't get the poison nail polish, so it sounds like they all knew they were going to die. I wonder if they knew what's her name wasn't going to die with them? 

(edited)

No way did those women know that they were going to die. Evelyn's Consort deceived them into thinking that she was going to use the poison in their nail polish to kill Anthony Head's character. Instead, she used the poison to kill them to save herself. Maybe she blew it into their faces when their guards were down.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

No way did those women know that they were going to die. Evelyn's Consort deceived them into thinking that she was going to use the poison in their nail polish to kill Anthony Head's character. Instead, she used the poison to kill them to save herself. Maybe she blew it into their faces when their guards were down.

This is what I thought.

This show isn't good. It's really clunky & heavy handed. I'll give it 1 more episode (my give it 3 episodes rule) but I don't think I'll watch after that unless something seriously changes.

I got tired of the pretty princess talking about how she's not afraid when she has her own personal guard detail 24/7.

Hee! The next message will be, "YOLO. C U L8R. LOL." They will ponder this strange code for centuries before there's any action onscreen.

That would be so wonderfully A Canticle for Leibowitz that it would instantly elevate the entire show.

• Love 1

"Everything you know is wrong." "The truth is out there."  "The truth takes time." "Beware the ides of March." "Outlook not so good." "Concentrate and ask again."

Get out of my head! They call the angel possessed people Eight Balls, so I was thinking Alex might be a Magic Eight Ball.

Alex is working on my last nerve. I really really hate "The Refusal of the Call" part of the hero journey. Other than Alex's boring anger, I liked this episode. Glad to see some Michael and Gabriel interaction so soon.

• Love 1

Alex's tattoos don't appear to be consistent. In last week's scenes there were parts of it that trailed up the back of his neck, to right below his ears. But this week. he was wearing a long sleeved tunic thing, which should have exposed the tattoo on the back of his neck -- but they were no-show.

I noticed this as well. Shouldn't it be someone's job to make sure those stupid tattoos stay in the same place from episode to episode? The show was also inconsistent with the Princess. Last week she was Princess Macbeth and convinced her father that he was awesome and the people weren't ready for change. This week she essentially calls him a life ruining s.o.b. who needs to establish a republic for the good of the people. Whatever. 

I hated almost every scene with Alex and/or the dull Princess. Those two actors are just saying words, clearly unable or unwilling to put any emotion in them. I don't entirely blame them. These storylines are lame and trite, much like the dialogue.

Does the nudity seem unnecessary? That evil angel orgy scene was hilarious. The show was trying so hard to be edgy and it was just kind of weird. Considering they appear to be wall skittering demons, why are we supposed to be shocked just because they like to bang? 

Why did the undercover angel try to kill Alex like that? She could have easily just brought him a cup of poisoned tea. It would have been more effective than planting herself firmly in front of him, showing her wings, attacking him and three other people, and totally blowing her cover.

Why wouldn't the HBIC of Helena know that her people were outfitted with poison nail polish? I was waiting for Whele to just counter with "How about I send their clearly poisoned-by- their-own -damn-nails bodies back to Helena and tell your boss what you obviously did."

I'm not sad if that young girl was killed by the evil angel. Did I miss when they said what happened to her? Anyway, I don't care at all about her character. She seems to have wandered off the set of Les Mis and I was over it during her first scene. Her whole point is to humanize other terrible characters.

And what kind of Battlestar Galactica hell is going on the that locker room for the soldiers? Why do we have so many scenes there? Just to make that chick always be in a state of undress when she tries to have real talk with Alex. The actress is almost as stilted as the Princess, but I find her to be more interesting. I'm sure this means she is a secret angel who will try to stab Alex in the showers next week.

Michael continues to be a dick. I don't know if this is something that the actor is doing, or if it is the character, but doesn't Michael seem profoundly disinterested in pretty much everything that is going on? He says he cares. He keeps talking to people about what they must do to stop Gabriel...but I don't buy it. He seems to just be going through the motions. It seems like if he got an offer to fuck off to Montreal and see what post-apocalyptic society they've developed he would pack a bag and fly out of "Vega" in seconds.  If Michael actually gives a shit, I suggest that the actor start doing things with his voice and face that would indicate this to the audience.

All complaints aside, I'm going to keep watching for now. It is a mess and may not make it to a second season, but it's the summer and not a lot is on. You win again SyFy!

I noticed this as well. Shouldn't it be someone's job to make sure those stupid tattoos stay in the same place from episode to episode?

Don't the tattoos move? When they told him to watch out for someone close, they moved around. Maybe they don't stay in the same place all the time.

(edited)

I remember trying to watch it and quitting on, like, 30th minute (and my husband was in total agreement on that). Horrible, unwatchable crap. I'm thinking of trying the show, but then I remember that movie... ugh. I guess I'll probably force myself to try the pilot, but probably later, depending on reviews.

Edited by FurryFury

It was a contact poison, that had to be embedded deep ("into the nail beds" Akira said) to work. She knew she was killing the women, and the whole scene was to show how ruthless she is. I actually like that about her character.

Overall, this is a Battlestar Galactica clone, complete with military vs. civilian leaders, outside threat to humanity and efforts to scan for angel infilitrators. The one different aspect is the Child of Destiny, but so far he isn't much to talk about. Enh, it's summer viewing. I'll watch for a while.

My first post on this show was tropes, ahoy! But last night I watched The Leftovers, a finely acted, well-constructed drama, and then switched over to watch the Dominion pilot for the second time and enjoyed the world-building (even with its lapses) of Dominion so much more. So I think there's potential.

Michael especially has grown on me.  Sure he's a secretly freaky prissy pants cipher, but he managed to be that and still have a great long friendship vibe with Jeep. And then I realized the actor (?) actually does a great subtle job showing the relationship Michael has with each character in his interactions with them.

Plus, Pretty Princess Macbeth is much more tolerable than Pretty, Pretty Princess.  I'd like to see the character allowed to like her special princessy place in Vega and reluctant to give it up. (I also hope the fact that Alex didn't seem to tell her he planned to bring Bixby along on their escape wasn't just an oversight on the writers' part.)

And I really like Evil American Giles (EAG-ads!)  A televangelist who's now bitter over his lost faith? That's a promising back story.

(edited)

I think the little girl survived the attack since Alex said something to Pretty Pretty Princess about how the girl and PPP COULD have been killed implying she wasn't.  HOWEVER since Giles fed a guy to one of the MGM lions (BTW I've seen the keepers at MGM literaly STEP OVER the lions while cleaning up and wondered how they haven't been eaten YET because lions and tigers are never completely trained and the guy literally had his junk less than a foot away from a genormous paw as he stepped over.  Like if the lion HAD mauled him I would have said what did you expect it is  a wild animal.  My house cat has on occasion clawed people.  I thought he was way too trusting.)  because the guy had witness the sacred tatooing I would not put it past Giles to smother the girl with a pillow in the hospital.  They could alsways say she took a turn of r the worse. 

The caste system obviously is to keep the rich rich and the poor poor.  I hate to think that in the US people would put up with a military dictatorship but I can believe that in a massive die off due to attack by angels things went to hell.  HOWEVER this necesitates that everybody in the government went first and or Vegas lost all contact with DC.  Theoretically there could be a totally different system in DC but isolated from other areas or more likely Vegas is cut off from other areas...(except for Helena which got started HOW? That one seems wierd that it would have a woman in power in a quasi Middle Eastern (by the looks of the clothes) setting.  Especially if they are Middle Easter but not homophobic.  SOOOOOOOO much time would have had to elapse for these systems to have gotten started and yet due to the Messiah's age there can't have been more than 30 years since Legion.  I get they are trying for a future that is exotic but it doesn't actually make much sense.

Also The Stand had the bad guys concentrated in Vegas (I can sort of see SIN CITY being where to consolidate your evil forces) but people are right that a frikkin dessert is NOT where you want to be in an apocalypse.  You need to bring IN water, you NEED electricity while in other places you might get away with out much electricity.  Personally I think the rules of "where would I go in a Zombie apocalypse" that we talked about on the Walking Dead thread at televisionwithoutpity would stand for a lot with the exception being you'd have to plan for defense from aerial attack which is one thing you don't need to worry about in a Zombie apocalypse. 

Didn't see Legion but read a synopsis because of this show and having not seen what Michael in the movie I would think he HAD to be a better "person" than the awful awful immitation of a person that I see on this show.  I almost thought he'd changed his mind about humanity considering the way he treated Alex.  I initially thought maybe he was just jokeying for power himself and that he was setting himself up as leader of humans only because Gabriel has angel followers.  In other words what I saw was just another villain who happens to be on the human side not a good guy.  SOrt of like the General and Giles are evil even if they are on the human side and  Middle Eastern Bi person is also evil.   The cousel reminds me of OLD Battlestar Galactica with the fat cat Senators led by Ray Milan that set it up that the Civialian Leadership was evil so the military under Adama HAD to be in charge as THEY were honest and true.  Only hear the Adama is ALSO shady.  (Why the HELL though would an angel be sleeping with the general?  Why wouldn't she kill him?  I at first thought maybe she was a DEMON.  I understand that Legion didn't have demons but that doesn't mean we couldn't have them here.  It does beg the question upthread of what the heck happens to human souls when they die in this universe.  Which leads to my last point,  I find it interesting that here and in Supernatural the writers posit God up and leaving and that driving the Angels nuts.  There have been a few movies like that too.  I think it is a relatively modern idea to have God leave as opposed to just not existing.  I do like the idea of Angels being very alien in thier thinking which makes sense since even in the Bible they are pretty scary creatures and only take on the form of humans.  They wouldn't have the experience of growing up human so of course they woulldn't BE human. 

Edited by MDKNIGHT
(edited)

The caste system obviously is to keep the rich rich and the poor poor.  I hate to think that in the US people would put up with a military dictatorship but I can believe that in a massive die off due to attack by angels things went to hell.  HOWEVER this necesitates that everybody in the government went first and or Vegas lost all contact with DC.  Theoretically there could be a totally different system in DC but isolated from other areas or more likely Vegas is cut off from other areas...(except for Helena which got started HOW? That one seems wierd that it would have a woman in power in a quasi Middle Eastern (by the looks of the clothes) setting.  Especially if they are Middle Easter but not homophobic.  SOOOOOOOO much time would have had to elapse for these systems to have gotten started and yet due to the Messiah's age there can't have been more than 30 years since Legion.  I get they are trying for a future that is exotic but it doesn't actually make much sense.

I agree, these things don't make much sense at all.  I'm hoping there's some logical in-universe explanation.  The caste system of Vega is probably the dumbest thing ever because apparently Vega is in desperate need of children (been mentioned several times plus Helena was going to trade brides of child-bearing age for nuclear technology) and yet they have this caste system that leaves a huge segment of children in extreme poverty.  If Vega's population is top heavy, you'd think all children would be cherished and treated as well as possible.  We wouldn't be seeing starving jaundice girl and the hero wouldn't have needed to join the army in order to eat three meals a day.

I could deal with the caste system as something that is just part of Vega.  It helped trope up the hero by making sure he learned hardship and struggle and all that cliche hero stuff.  They should have left out the part about having an aging population and thus needing more children so badly that they'd trade tech for brides instead of tech for air force stuff.  

Edited by bluebonnet

It can't have been 30 years, since supposedly this tv show is the "sequel" to the movie and their supposed savior is no way 30 (if even 25).  Yet the younger acolytes or whatever, from Helena had already been raised to feel 'shame' because their robe was taken away and now they were in bikinis?  It just doesn't make sense that in such a relatively short period of time these completely new cultures sprang forth.

Yeah I was rounding up when I said 30 years.  Dude doesn't look like a teen so let's say he's in his 20's.  Makes it even weirder that they have taken such a sharp turn SO FAST regarding politics and civil rights in the US, the US, not some third world country used to lack of voting and inheriting power. I'm having more trouble buying into that aspect of things more than angels murdering humans.   I had a similar problem with the real government rolling over for the "Monroe Republic" in Revolution after a few years without electricity.  If you want radically different governments don't say or show it has been a short time into the future from now,  like the Hunger Games.  We don't know how long it took the US to fall and have the district system take its place and you at least have a plausible reason for the games i.e. punishment for an uprising some decades before..

(edited)

I never saw Legion and don't have a starting point for the 30 years, so I pretend it is longer and the issue goes away.

I assume there are settlements like Vegas and Helena all over the world, clustered around specific cities. And we'll meet more of them if the show continues. Why they survived and others didn't will be an interesting tale.

I can't get a handle on the power of the bad angels. They don't seem to have powers beyond flight, and unusual strength. They are kind of like vampires, in other words. I expected something more biblical. But if all you need is computer-targeted AA guns or a few attack copters to bring down angels, then they seem a lot less scary. I also don't get their tactics. What is it about Michael that keeps the bad angels from attacking every day? Seems like a daily attack would wear down the settlement pretty quick, Michael or no Michael. He can't be everywhere at once in the city. And the bad angels already seem to have sleeper agents. So why Vegas survives is a mystery.

Edited by Ottis

I watched this last night and it is merely okay, but then again, then movie from which it is based was just okay (although it was better than the show).

I have zero interest in the at this point chemistry less love story. It doesn't help that neither actor in the great love is especially compelling.

I don't understand why Anthony Stewart Head has to fake an American accent. Can't he have come to America from England via this newfangled invention called immigration. I hate when American shows cast an English actor and has them fake American accents. Either find an American to play the role or just allow the actor to speak in their natural accent.

The lack of diversity is clearly intentional and insulting and can neither be explained away nor justified. The showrunners clearly want the show to look the way it looks and they need to own that.

I will watch the next two episodes because I always give a new show three views before tuning out, but thus far, I see nothing that would compel me to add this it my viewing list. It's kind of sad because I really like Anthony Stewart Head.

• Love 1

I don't understand why Anthony Stewart Head has to fake an American accent. Can't he have come to America from England via this newfangled invention called immigration. I hate when American shows cast an English actor and has them fake American accents. Either find an American to play the role or just allow the actor to speak in their natural accent.

I don't think any of the lead actors are American. 

(edited)
Also The Stand had the bad guys concentrated in Vegas (I can sort of see SIN CITY being where to consolidate your evil forces) but people are right that a frikkin dessert is NOT where you want to be in an apocalypse.  You need to bring IN water, you NEED electricity while in other places you might get away with out much electricity.

I've actually read that Vegas is the place to go for the short term after a zombie apocalypse because it's powered by Hoover Dam and the electricity might run up to a year or so without human intervention before the system breaks down, whereas it's a few days at most in other cities. However 30 years later you'd need people maintaining the machinery and grid to keep it running, and unless the population has learned to live off poker chips and sand in the interim being smack dab in the middle of a desert is going to be a BIG problem.

Edited by Bruinsfan

Alex hopes to leave his responsibilities as the Chosen One behind by leaving Vega, but instead, ends up fighting for his life alongside Michael in a battle with Gabriel’s forces. Elsewhere, Riesen goes too far in the name of security; Claire makes a personal sacrifice for the people and Arika receives a deadly message from her homeland.

Someone up above mentioned that in The Stand the bad guys were headquartered in Las Vegas.  i wonder is it's deliberate that here the good (for a certain definition of the term) guys are in Vegas while Gabriel and his minions are located in Boulder.

it's been stated in story that it's 25 years after the events of Legion

(edited)

Just the third episode and already the show is starting to feel very .. meh. We have our characters and we check in on each of them as they try to ratchet up the level of their drama. 

I thought Michael getting sword-ed was going to be a game-changer, but no, it's just a flesh wound -- but causes Alex to head back to Vega after having 'escaped' for all of 18 hours or so. 

..But in the meantime, of 18 hours or so, PPPrincess has felt abandoned enough to agree to marry Traitorous Bastard, who somehow manages to have decorated a huge secret sanctuary with candles and stuff without anyone noticing. 

By SyFy standards, it's not a bad show. But at this point, it doesn't really leave me wanting more..

Edited by shrewd.buddha