Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: What You Don't Know...

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

When things become complicated, Will is forced to lie to Natalie. Ethan and April find out some compromising information about Emily's boyfriend and Ava is unsure of what to do with a patient who is refusing treatment.

At the end when they are talking outside Bernie's recovery room did anyone else see the wallpaper in the room next door?  I thought it was blood splatter on the walls. Not a good look for a hospital. 

OMG , Conner, think about what you are saying!

Edited by Reality police
I want to kill Conner.
  • Love 2

Welp, I almost feel sorry for Emily. 

i can't figure why Keith bothered to sneak out & get his son Max tested for Huntingtons, found out he's positive but didn't want him to know. What the frickle frack good did that testing do?

• Love 6

Well good for Natalie that she stood back for once and let the mother/daughter rape victims work their issues out for themselves. Still, aren't medical professionals supposed to report suspected cases of sexual assault to the police, particularly of minors? And if there is no obligation, I would think the police would still have to get involved at an early stage, and be the ones talking to the victim about possible sexual assault. But then I used to watch Law & Order SVU, watched it for a long time before I finally gave up on it.

Ethan isn't happy that Emily wants to keep the Bernie in her life but none of her alternatives are great. Emily a single mom? Ethan will be paying a lot of her bills.

4 hours ago, Reality police said:

OMG , Conner, think about what you are saying!

I can't believe he really wants to pursue her and would come out and tell her so the way he did. Can't he see she has "manipulator" written all over her? And shucks, she seemed like she was just about to come clean with him.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Does she have an upstairs where she lives? That's were all other non-functional characters go in tv land.

When I used to watch Y&R, we called that “being sent to Mary’s attic.” That attic got very full! ?

• Love 2

Emily had a right to know about Bernie being married with a kid but I really didn't like how Ethan went about exposing him. He could have waited a little bit to calm from his rage and/or been more gentle in the revelation. It's like he didn't think that a shock like that could be bad for his pregnant sister (not to mention Bernie already laid up in the hospital). Mess.

I call flag on the play for that mess at the end of the ep with Connor and Ava & his declaration. Those two still only produce tumbleweeds together, not sparks. 

• Love 7

I actually liked both of the actual medical cases in this episode. They dealt with the inherent drama and ethical dilemmas of the situation instead of showing how the cast takes it all personally.

I really hate when TV shows have main characters go undercover or do covert things. It always leads to the mark saying something which makes it seem like they are onto the protagonist who then wears an “I’m so guilty!” expression on their face. It’s an inherent problem with the medium because the actor has to portray the inner turmoil of the character, but it always ends up making them look incredibly stupid. Covert Affairs had this problem all the time.

• Love 4
On October 24, 2018 at 11:06 PM, rhys said:

i can't figure why Keith bothered to sneak out & get his son Max tested for Huntingtons, found out he's positive but didn't want him to know. What the frickle frack good did that testing do?

If it had been negative, he might not have felt the need to hide his condition from the son, because then he wouldn't need to worry about 'ruining' Max's life early by making him aware that he has it too.

Hard plotline, though. Whatever Keith's original intentions, standing there watching your father die and not even knowing why the doctors aren't saving him is about the most horrifying thing I can imagine.

30 minutes ago, Emma9 said:

If it had been negative, he might not have felt the need to hide his condition from the son, because then he wouldn't need to worry about 'ruining' Max's life early by making him aware that he has it too.

Hard plotline, though. Whatever Keith's original intentions, standing there watching your father die and not even knowing why the doctors aren't saving him is about the most horrifying thing I can imagine.

All they had to do was say "DNR"

That said I thought it was clever of Dr. Charles to mention the ME and an autopsy.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 6
On 10/25/2018 at 12:12 PM, Chick2Chic said:

I call flag on the play for that mess at the end of the ep with Connor and Ava & his declaration. Those two still only produce tumbleweeds together, not sparks. 

Who would have thought we'd get to a point where Natalie and Will are only the SECOND worst couple on the show.

• Love 6
On October 26, 2018 at 10:09 AM, preeya said:

All they had to do was say "DNR"

I think he understood that much, but in that moment, without knowing why, it wouldn't make it much easier.

On 10/25/2018 at 12:08 PM, LittleIggy said:

When I used to watch Y&R, we called that “being sent to Mary’s attic.” That attic got very full! ?

On Reba, the two toddlers were always said to be "watching a video upstairs." Sure, because 1- and 2-year-olds are totally super at occupying themselves that way. 

But yeah, I agree. With Will and Natalie this serious, we should be seeing a lot more of them with Owen as a family, not just continuing to go out on dates and having time for private serious bedroom conversations. 

Speaking of which, are we to assume Will now lives at Natalie's house? It seemed so, yet nobody ever said anything. 

• Love 1
  1. This Will as CI storyline is horrendous and probably the worst thing this show has ever done. Stick to medicine Chicago MED.
  2. Natalie's slow and overly empathetic way of speaking to patients is irritating.
  3. I don't think April has ever agreed with anyone. That would seem a terrible quality in a nurse.
  4. This show keeps dropping interesting medical-related stories and focusing on crap like police investigations and loser siblings. Where are the med students? I want to see more ordinary people struggling while trying to do extraordinary things.
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Superpole2000 said:

This show keeps dropping interesting medical-related stories and focusing on crap like police investigations and loser siblings. Where are the med students? I want to see more ordinary people struggling while trying to do extraordinary things.

I suggest watching ER (at least the first few seasons) on Hulu if this is what you want!

This show keeps dropping interesting medical-related stories and focusing on crap like police investigations and loser siblings. Where are the med students? I want to see more ordinary people struggling while trying to do extraordinary things.

When Sarah left, it's definitely be more random when it needs one of the two deus ex Residents for a plot line. 

On 4/11/2019 at 12:55 AM, Superpole2000 said:

Natalie's slow and overly empathetic way of speaking to patients is irritating.

At least she actually talks to them, and not pontificates at them - like WILL. 

Every patient has to do with a doctor issue, though, and that to me is annoying.