Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: The Longbow Hunters

Lady Calypso
  • Start Topic

27 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

What exactly is he saving Oliver from?? Ollie is in jail.. And will be until whatever deal he struck with the FBI is done... Until then he can't be a vigilante as part of Ollie's deal they're all supposed to follow the law now... I guess between the fight he and Ollie had and now he's decided that maybe being spartan or the hood or GA isn't the way anymore.. I do wish the show would explore that more.. But either way he's with argus now.. As that's really his one way to fight the fight.. And use their resources to find Diaz.. To keep Ollie and his family safe.. Which is why Ollie hasn't said anything to him in their visit and why eventually Felicity respected what he was doing.. Its all us posters who seem gobsmacked that he'd dare not do whatever it was felicity wanted to do.. I do know that felicity Rene and Curtis went to someplace and got in the way of some operation... i dunno how not being with argus with all their resources  and going back on the immunity that Oliver went inside for is a better option.. So he can what.. Show how much he cares with pained expressions and yelling? 

I think one of the reasons it’s so hard to support Dig when he tell Felicity (rather callously) that Oliver isn’t getting out is that we as viewers know that’s not true. So it seems like he’s just giving up on Oliver way too easily. And even taking into account the in-show logic, the writers didn’t do a good enough job of bridging his attitude last season (so desperate for the GA suit that he came to blows with Oliver, and incredibly disturbed by Argus and their off-the-books holding of Cayden James) to his new all-in on Argus and out on being the GA attitude. Not only that, but knowing Dig and Oliver’s relationship, the thing Oliver would want Dig to do while he’s in jail is keep his family safe and find Diaz. This episode it felt like that wasn’t his priorities - it was following Argus’s orders. (Argus, whose supposed refugee-saving battery actually powers a weapon that can flatten cities, and that didn’t seem to bother him.) It’s just all very out of character.

I actually think Felicity screwed up in this episode and didn’t necessarily come off well. She should have never agreed to participate in the mission and promise to follow the Argus rulebook, and then at crunch time back out of that promise. But she was desperate - and making not great decisions when desperate is this show’s bread and butter. (It’s basically Oliver’s m.o.) And when other characters do it, it’s understandable. But when Felicity does it, well that’s just more ammo for haters about why she’s the worst. It gets a little tiring. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I actually think Felicity screwed up in this episode and didn’t necessarily come off well. She should have never agreed to participate in the mission and promise to follow the Argus rulebook, and then at crunch time back out of that promise. But she was desperate - and making not great decisions when desperate is this show’s bread and butter. (It’s basically Oliver’s m.o.) And when other characters do it, it’s understandable. But when Felicity does it, well that’s just more ammo for haters about why she’s the worst. It gets a little tiring. 

I actually have no problems with Felicity making mistakes because to me it just highlighted her emotional state and desperation. Yeah, she messed up but I completely understood why she did, you know? She needs Diaz taken down, whatever the cost. I get it. 

But I imagine someone who dislikes Felicity would jump on any little mistake as some kind of validation of their hatred, rather than Felicity just being human and going through a tough, trying time. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I think one of the reasons it’s so hard to support Dig when he tell Felicity (rather callously) that Oliver isn’t getting out is that we as viewers know that’s not true. So it seems like he’s just giving up on Oliver way too easily. And even taking into account the in-show logic, the writers didn’t do a good enough job of bridging his attitude last season (so desperate for the GA suit that he came to blows with Oliver, and incredibly disturbed by Argus and their off-the-books holding of Cayden James) to his new all-in on Argus and out on being the GA attitude. Not only that, but knowing Dig and Oliver’s relationship, the thing Oliver would want Dig to do while he’s in jail is keep his family safe and find Diaz. This episode it felt like that wasn’t his priorities - it was following Argus’s orders. (Argus, whose supposed refugee-saving battery actually powers a weapon that can flatten cities, and that didn’t seem to bother him.) It’s just all very out of character.

I agree about the transition diggle has made in the months from that blow up.. (That was also about Oliver's leadership style and to me at least Diggle's own guilt at not speaking up more over the years when he probably disagreed with Ollie)  to where he is now working with Argus ( and his wife)  

pertaining  to Felicity my big issue was that they didn't have Digg check her when she was claiming he didn't care... Her running off and getting in the way of an argus mission.. Like you said is bread and butter on this show.. But not letting Digg remind her who he is was a missed opportunity.. But the show doesn't really let our heroes go at each other like that... Which was why I enjoyed Digg and Ollie having it out last season.. It needed to happen

16 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

He’s pretty lucky Oliver didn’t act the same way when he was in prison. 

Those situations aren't the same tho.. I'm sure if Oliver needed springing from slabside Digg and the rest of the team would be there... Oliver wants to be in prison.. Or at least is tolerating being in there for the time being... 

13 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

actually have no problems with Felicity making mistakes because to me it just highlighted her emotional state and desperation. Yeah, she messed up but I completely understood why she did, you know? She needs Diaz taken down, whatever the cost. I get it. 

Isn't that kinda what Dinah was doing when she was going after laurel who had tried to kill her and had killed her man.. While OTA protected her and was gonna let her walk free... For the greater good?  Personally I'm not a fan of the desperate person going to any measure to get something or someone trope on tv... They almost always cause some collateral damage and threaten even more in their reckless pursuit and it usually doesn't get addressed because  in the end they get what they were after so its supposedly all good.. 

1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

As that's really his one way to fight the fight.. And use their resources to find Diaz.. To keep Ollie and his family safe.. Which is why Ollie hasn't said anything to him in their visit and why eventually Felicity respected what he was doing.. Its all us posters who seem gobsmacked that he'd dare not do whatever it was felicity wanted to do.. I do know that felicity Rene and Curtis went to someplace and got in the way of some operation... i dunno how not being with argus with all their resources  and going back on the immunity that Oliver went inside for is a better option.. So he can what.. Show how much he cares with pained expressions and yelling? 

But making Diaz a lower priority is not keeping Oliver and his family safe.  It's keeping them in danger.

As for the idea that Felicity, Rene and Curtis got in the way of some operation, yeah sure, they were there, but they didn't scare away the targets, the place was empty. Diggle was blowing smoke.  And no one will convince me that anyone would have handled the computer better than Felicity.  If she tripped something on it then ANYONE Argus had look at it would have caused the same or worse results.   

I don't think Diggle really was part of the immunity deal in as much as by the time Oliver turned to the FBI for help, Diggle wasn't a vigilante.  He was a team leader at Argus. His involvement in the Diaz hunt at that point would have been all sanctioned so he wouldn't have needed the deal since the FBI had no proof to pin on him for his past time as a vigilante.  

I get that Diggle can only do so much at Argus and while i'd have liked for him to find a way to do more, that's not what I'm holding against him.  It's that he told Felicity to basically let it go and move on and forget about Oliver or her family's safety like she was being neurotic or unreasonable.  Like her raw pain was too uncomfortable for him when he'd already moved on and let go of the past.  It's his lack of understanding that if he was in her place he'd be doing exactly what she was doing that keeps disappointing me. 

I'd have rather he said I understand what you are going through but I'm stuck.  I wish there was more I was allowed to do.  What you are going through is impossibly hard but we won't stop trying.  Something that at least acknowledged her reality.  Instead, she got the patronizing company line to let them handle it in due time and was instructed to abandon all hope for any kind of semblance of the life she loved now or upcoming future.  

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Those situations aren't the same tho.. I'm sure if Oliver needed springing from slabside Digg and the rest of the team would be there... Oliver wants to be in prison.. Or at least is tolerating being in there for the time being...

Diggle wanted to be in prison and was pissed when Oliver showed up to spring him.  But Oliver (and Lyla) didn't think it was right that he was there doing penance while they suffered his absence.  Doesn't seem so dissimilar to me.  

7 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Isn't that kinda what Dinah was doing when she was going after laurel who had tried to kill her and had killed her man.. While OTA protected her and was gonna let her walk free... For the greater good?  Personally I'm not a fan of the desperate person going to any measure to get something or someone trope on tv... They almost always cause some collateral damage and threaten even more in their reckless pursuit and it usually doesn't get addressed because  in the end they get what they were after so its supposedly all good.. 

She was trying to murder her out of revenge while knowing doing so would ruin the city as well.  Felicity is trying to catch Diaz or take him out via sanctioned powers since he is a current and ongoing threat.  It's not about revenge.  Felicity also wasn't trying to kill her former teammates for getting in the way.  Pretty different attitudes and actions in my opinion.  

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I don’t view them the same at all. Felicity isn’t out there trying to murder Diaz for revenge, like Dinah was with Laurel. She’s trying to ensure that Oliver’s sacrifice (that NTA benefit from btw) isn’t for nothing. She also hasn’t helped disable her so-called teammates or attacked them for getting in her way. She even went to Diggle in the end and calmly explained that she understood his side but that she couldn’t work with him. They’re nothing alike. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

But making Diaz a lower priority is not keeping Oliver and his family safe.  It's keeping them in danger.

Yep. This is what’s bothering me. You have Diggle visiting Oliver in prison in 701, saying Felicity and William are safe, under 24/7 ARGUS surveillance ... which Diaz got past. 

Then Felicity sends away William for his protection and says she’ll be with him when Diaz is off the board. 

Now you have Diggle basically saying, “Diaz doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter you’re in danger every minute he’s out there. It doesn’t matter William is in danger. I’m ignoring the fact that ARGUS protection sucks. Just move on with your life. I don’t care how -“ because he never says anything more than that “- but this is where I stand.” 

Id love to see Diggle visit Oliver in prison after this. 

Oliver: “How’s Felicity?”

Diggle: silence 

• Love 12

Felicity unlocked the doors on the train mission and detached the train like they asked.

As for the first mission the place was empty when she showed up and ARGUS would have shown up to an empty warehouse so what's all the fuss about this.

Dinah gave an order to physically harm one of her old team mates while going after BS. Last time I checked Felicity didn't try to make anyone disabled or go after anyone with an axe.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Felicity unlocked the doors on the train mission and detached the train like they asked.

She didn't detach the train, Curtis did while Felicity refused to. That was the moment she decided she couldn't work with Diggle anymore. But other than that, she helped the mission almost directly to the end (mostly because she thought it would lead to capturing Diaz while Diggle wanted to get the weapon, so at this moment their goals semi-aligned). 

This isn't to say that Felicity was horrific or anything, just a clarification XD.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'd have rather he said I understand what you are going through but I'm stuck.  I wish there was more I was allowed to do.  What you are going through is impossibly hard but we won't stop trying

That may have gone a long way in making a lot of fans happier.. Cuz they sure haven't responded well to how it came out.. An in universe maybe hearing it out loud would have done Felicity some good.. Tho I don't love  the we won't stop trying part because I already know  diggle is trying.. I don't think its a zero sum situation.. What I don't kniw.. But presume is.. That his other option would be to leave argus and their resources go back to being a vigilante to exclusively look for Diaz... And I dunno if that's a better choice... The real jerks in all of this are the FBI who actually are supposed to be investigating

16 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

@apinknightmare @Mellowyellow I guess were all gonna gave to do something I'm never super enthusiastic about... Trust that these writers have a solid plan to explain all this stuff that's been murky so far

I still say he will dig out with a spoon once he discovers the jail walls are made out of chocolate cake as per The Wishing Chair Again.

And we will accept it cuz it's Arrow! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1

Mmm.  Chocolate cake.

Seriously though.  I have no real idea how they will resolve Oliver getting out of prison.  I half suspect they will have him bust out and then spend the rest of the season with him hiding from the FBI before somehow negotiating a new deal by the end of the season.  Mega points if Felicity handles the negotiations this time around.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

My problem with Diggle’s argument is if Diaz focused on Diggle’s family, he’d likely be all, who cares what ARGUS says, we have to get Diaz immediately, and Felicity would be right there helping him track down Diaz. Oliver would probably try to help from prison. 

I’m not angry about Diggle putting his family first. I agree with that decision. He doesn’t have to be the Green Arrow. But I am angry about Diggle putting ARGUS before Oliver, Felicity and William.

That's the thing that makes absolutely no sense to me about what he said. 

Last week Felicity had to literally fight off Diaz with a stick because he wants to murder her. Felicity and William both have targets on their back. Even if it doesn't bring Oliver out of prison, once Diaz is dead/out of commision Felicity and William are safe. Until that happens, they are in danger of being murdered every single minute. 

It's not just that Diaz is an all round bad guy, it's that he's specifically targeting Felicity and William. How can she move on when she can't even leave the building? How can William move on when he's being blocked from even talking to her? 

• Love 20
10 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

I agree about the transition diggle has made in the months from that blow up.. (That was also about Oliver's leadership style and to me at least Diggle's own guilt at not speaking up more over the years when he probably disagreed with Ollie)  to where he is now working with Argus ( and his wife)  

pertaining  to Felicity my big issue was that they didn't have Digg check her when she was claiming he didn't care... Her running off and getting in the way of an argus mission.. Like you said is bread and butter on this show.. But not letting Digg remind her who he is was a missed opportunity.. But the show doesn't really let our heroes go at each other like that... Which was why I enjoyed Digg and Ollie having it out last season.. It needed to happen

The one thing I liked about this episode is that Felicity and Diggle didn't have a big fight like that -- because Oliver and Diggle's fight last season made NO SENSE. It was a great action scene but Dig's discontent with Oliver's decisions over the years came out of nowhere. That should have been seeded through past seasons, or at the very least, he should have made more noise when Oliver decided to spy on NTA. The one positive of the Felicity/Diggle tension in this ep is that they resolved it in a mature, adult way like people who care for each other but disagree would. They had a rational conversation, realized that their goals didn't align, and moved on. The last thing this show needed was a drag-out fight between them and a stretch of episodes of them on the outs.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Mega points if Felicity handles the negotiations this time around.

But without Oliver and his rash decisons how will the show go on??  Lol

11 hours ago, Trisha said:

because Oliver and Diggle's fight last season made NO SENSE. It was a great action scene but Dig's discontent with Oliver's decisions over the years came out of nowhere.

I never felt it was outta nowhere Oliver had made a bunch of decisions some pretty unilaterally that didn't always go as planned.. Any real no. 2 like Diggle doesnt always agree.. Where the show failed was never having diggle really voice it.. I mean sometimes he'd kinda object but then follow anyway... So it was kinda toothless.. Last season was just a breaking point.. Even the idea to bug them I think he objected to abd I guess maybe thought there was a better way to handle it.. In the end they went Oliver's way and while he was right that Rene was planning to or already did run his mouth it all went to shit.. And really brothers fight.. They were mad at each other for like 3 episodes 

The problem was that Diggle had never expressed any interest in being the Green Arrow. And then suddenly he was mad that Oliver wasn't going to retire and took it back again., and that's what caused their big fight.  And now that Diggle can be the Green Arrow to his heart's content, he doesn't want it because it will break up his family.

He's flip flopping all over the place for Plot.  Can you imagine what the comments would have been like if he were a woman?

I agree with everyone who said that ARGUS refusing to go after Diaz doesn't make sense, and even less sense is Diggle telling Felicity to just more on with her life. How can she, when she can't even move on from the secure ARGUS bunker?

Not to mention, Diaz is who brought the Longbow Hunters to Star City and was involved in the attack on the train. ARGUS should be making Diaz a priority, not implying that Felicity is acting unreasonably.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:16 PM, JamieLynn832002 said:

I think the fifth grave was where the Arrow gear was buried so I'm not sure if there was an actual body or Roy had just assumed there was.

Yes, Roy said that there were five graves. And then when he read the co-ordinates he realized that the fifth wasn't really a grave, it was where something had been buried. What I want to know is how Roy knew from reading the coordinates just where the location was.  Did he spend his time on Lian Yu conducting mapping exercises?  And why does he wear the red leather suit all the time or did he put it on just as the boat docked?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Somebody please send a muffin basket to the CW Arrow Twitter account.  Their advertising is on point lately.  

Yeah, I wonder if there's been a staffing change. It's not just wall to wall noobs. 

• Love 2

So, is this new Green Arrow going to be the future William, trained by Roy and his flip over car hoods? It's just that they faded away from future William to a sketch of NGA in the present? Maybe that's what Felicity is making sure will happen. Effect precedes cause. Just not sure who provides the time travel.

10 minutes ago, Locutus said:

So, is this new Green Arrow going to be the future William, trained by Roy and his flip over car hoods? It's just that they faded away from future William to a sketch of NGA in the present? Maybe that's what Felicity is making sure will happen. Effect precedes cause. Just not sure who provides the time travel.

I'm going with red herring

• Love 2

I think... I might... be done?? Like, I'll give it one more episode but I was just so bored for most of this. I honestly don't care about anyone except Oliver and Felicity and even the flash forward was tainted by the idea that Oliver and Felicity abandoned William (as if!). Don't get me started on what, in summary, becomes this conversation:

Diggle: Why won't you let me be the Arrow? I was supposed to be the Arrow. It's so unfair! You promised! *chucks giant tantrum*.

Oliver: Diggle, the one thing I ask of you while i'm in prison is being the Arrow.

Diggle: Don't wanna. 

• Love 5

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After six years of being a vigilante, the only way to achieve my goal and save my city was to confess to being the Green Arrow. Now my family and friends must carry on my mission without me. I am no longer a hero. I am Inmate 4587."

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – Felicity meets with Diggle, Curtis, Rene and Dinah to talk about Diaz:
Felicity (watching wine being poured into her glass): "A little more. A little more."
Curtis: "Do you want me to put a straw in the bottle?"
Felicity: "Ah, ah! Don't judge me. A.R.G.U.S. is my designated driver tonight."
Diggle: "Indeed they are. And every night until we take Diaz off the board."
Rene: "That psycho's been M.I.A. five months, and then he goes after Oliver and Felicity. Why now?"
Diggle: "Well, whatever he's up to, now we know it's personal."
Dinah: "Which is exactly why I put Laurel on protective detail. She's got to be high on his hit list."
Curtis: "Not that I don't enjoy talking about all the ways that Diaz can get to us. Anybody have any idea how we can get to him?"
Felicity: "Well, I've been working on that." (Shows her small handheld computer screen that's filled with images and data about Diaz)
Rene: "What the heck is that thing?"
Felicity: "I call it my Digi Murder Board. I mean, I can probably work on the name, but it analyzes all the data we've collected on Diaz, plus it searches for additional intel, and then it makes predictive suggestions."
Curtis: "So it's like a brain that only thinks about Diaz?"
Felicity: "Mmm."
Curtis: "Gross."
Felicity: "Yeah."
Curtis: "But also cool. (Looking at screen) That's an electronic jammer. What's Diaz doing with tech like that?"
Felicity: "It's the same tech he used to bust my A.R.G.U.S. security system when he attacked me."
Curtis: "Well, a model that sophisticated is very hard to get."
Diggle: "Diaz has new friends."
Felicity: "Which is why I wrote algorithms to track all his known associates, like Cyrus Broderick and the Longbow Hunters."
Dinah: "Well, this is all great work, Felicity. Just remember you don't have to do it all alone, okay? We've all got your back, whatever you need."
Felicity: "I know. Thank you. I - I appreciate it. But what I need is for Diaz to go down."
Rene: "There is somebody else who might be able to help."
Dinah: "If you say, 'the new Green Arrow,' I'm going to punch you in the face."
Rene: "You did say, whatever she needed."
Felicity: "There is only one Green Arrow, and he is in prison."
Curtis: "Okay, enough squabbling and murder boarding. Let's toast. To friends reunited, to being back home, and to bringing that son of a bitch Diaz to justice."
Felicity: "I'll drink to that."
Diggle: "Hear, hear."
Rene: "Yeah."
Dinah: "Cheers."

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – In a flashforward scene, we learn that Oliver and Felicity left William 20 years earlier:
Older Roy: "Felicity and Oliver, they really - they really just left you?"
Adult William: "Pretty much. And my ex-boyfriend wonders why I have commitment issues."
Older Roy: "I'm sorry. That's awful."
Adult William: "Yeah, he was a real jerk."
Older Roy: "No. I was talking about Oliver and Felicity."
Adult William: "Yeah, well, I survived. So what about you? What's your excuse for being here?" (Takes out the hōzen stone)
Older Roy: "Where'd you get that?"
Adult William: "Oh, um, Felicity gave it to me. She said it was a symbol of reconnection. I thought it was B.S. But then, uh, three weeks ago, it started to beep. I opened it up - (Opens hōzen) - and I found this. (Shows electronic panel inside hōzen) They're GPS coordinates for this island."
Older Roy: "Wait. Why would Felicity send you to Lian Yu?"
Adult William: "Cruel joke? You know, the last time I was on this island... was the day my mother died. I still have nightmares about it. But I came anyway."
Older Roy: "Well, trust me, looking for answers is only going to cause you pain. So what I would do is, I would take that, and I'd throw it right there in the ocean, and never look back."

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – Both Diggle/A.R.G.U.S. and Felicity/Curtis are investigating the theft of A.R.G.U.S. tech by the Longbow Hunters; however, Diggle shuts Felicity out of the A.R.G.U.S. operation:
(Diggle is talking to a team of A.R.G.U.S. agents.)
Diggle: "Shortly after 0900 this morning, a break-in was reported at one of our off-site facilities. Only one item was stolen - Prototype B-24. It's an ultra -"
(Cut to Felicity and Curtis in another room.)
Felicity: "High-density, renewable battery? I didn't even know those existed yet."
Curtis: "One super battery has enough juice to power a town. We were reusing them to help refugees. What kind of jerk gets in the way of that?"
Felicity: "Well, maybe you would know if John let you in on his briefing."
Curtis: "Well, I do not have high enough security clearance. Plus, I heard Deputy Director Bell's gonna be in there, and he scares me."
Felicity: "You know, I could just get us the unredacted report."
Curtis: "Uh, no. I actually like my job, okay? So whoever did this knows their tech. They used an electronic jammer to get past security"
Felicity: "Yes! The same tech that Diaz used to breach my safe house in Hope Springs. That is not a coincidence, Curtis. Can you tell what type of weapons they used in the heist?"
Curtis: "High-tech shield, nano-powered darts, sonic manipulator. These are super impressive weapons."
Felicity: "Not just impressive. They're specific. This was definitely -"
(Cut back to Diggle.)
Diggle: "The Longbow Hunters. According to our souce, Anatoly Knyazev, they were hired by our old friend, Ricardo Diaz. These assassins are extremely dangerous, and we need to find them and shut them down. You have your assignments."
Felicity: "I know it's the Longbow Hunters. You have to let me in on this operation."
Diggle: "A.R.G.U.S. is handling it."
Curtis (mock cough): "Told you! Ahem."
Felicity: "The Longbow Hunters are a direct connection to Diaz. They are the best lead we've had on him in months. You know it. John - John, I need to do something."
Diggle: "I know, and I'm sorry, but A.R.G.U.S. has its protocols."
Felicity: "John."
Diggle: "We will keep you updated. Felicity. Just trust me."

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – Felicity and Curtis track down the Longbow Hunters to a warehouse in Pennytown:
Curtis: "Please tell me you are not hacking A.R.G.U.S. from inside A.R.G.U.S."
Felicity: "Of course, I'm not hacking A.R.G.U.S. from inside A.R.G.U.S. I'm hacking Interpol from inside A.R.G.U.S."
Curtis: "That's not much better, and that will still get me fired. Felicity, I really like this job. Look, I know how badly you want to get Diaz. But we need to listen to John. A.R.G.U.S. is more than capable of doing the job, while we wait and eat some snacks."
Felicity: "I'm not waiting for A.R.G.U.S. That's exactly what Oliver wanted me to do, and Diaz found me anyway."
Curtis: "Okay, well, maybe we can find the Longbow Hunters without committing espionage? Can I please - just for one second (Takes over keyboard) Okay. Now, we know they have a super battery. Chances are, they've tried to test it. And doing that -"
Felicity: "Would require an incredible amount of energy. Which would, in turn, create a power surge."
Curtis: "Which we can pinpoint and then trace to a specific location."
Felicity: "Ohh! I miss this. I miss working with you. I miss hacking Star City's power grid. I mean, it just feels right."
Curtis: "Bingo! A huge voltage spike in a warehouse in Pennytown an hour ago."
Felicity: "Great."
Curtis: "You actually want to go there? Of course you do. I really should've thought this through."
Felicity: "Look, I'm not gonna engage with the Longbow Hunters. I'm just gonna grab one of your T-spheres and use it to track them back to Diaz. No big."
Curtis: "Very big. You know what? I"m coming to back you up."
Felicity: "And who's gonna back you up?"
Curtis: "I might know a guy."

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – Felicity, Curtis and Rene go to check out the warehouse in Pennytown, and they run into Diggle and his A.R.G.U.S. team:
Rene: "Back in town a week and you're already sneaking out of A.R.G.U.S. behind Papa Digg's back? I'm so proud."
Felicity: "Thanks, man."
(Rene and Felicity knock knuckles.)
Curtis: "Don't encourage her, okay? She's already moved on to espionage."
Felicity: "Thanks for coming out, Rene. I know it's not the best time to be Wild Dog, what with the whole 25-to-life thing."
Rene: "Wild Dog's not here. You see a hockey mask? Besides, this is exactly what we should've been doing in the first place, instead of waiting for Diaz to come to us."
(T-sphere whirrs back to Curtis's hand.)
Curtis: "The scan's complete. The Longbow Hunters aren't home."
Rene: "Damn. So we can't follow them back to Diaz if they're not here to be followed."
Felicity: "We can go inside. Curtis, relax. I just want to put a couple trackers on a few things. Five minutes, tops."
Curtis: "Are you familiar with the expression 'famous last words'?"
Rene: "Grab your balls, Curtis. We're going in."
Curtis: "They're not balls. They're T-spheres."
(They enter the warehouse.)
Felicity: "Feels weird doing this without Oliver, and without a headset."
Curtis: "I'm more worried about you holding in so many snarky Overwatch comments."
Rene: "Guys, look at this."
Felicity: "Anything worth putting a tracker on is definitely behind that door."
Curtis: "Damn. I should've included a lock pick module in my last T-sphere update."
Rene: "Never bring a T-sphere to a gun fight. (Shoots lock off of the door.) Jackpot. Let's plant the tracker."
Felicity: "You work on that. I'll work on this. (Goes to work on laptop sitting on table.) Oh, frak. I think I just triggered a system self-destruct."
Curtis: "Guys, we got a bigger problem. We're not alone."
Rene (cocking gun): "Stay behind me."
Felicity: "I think I get the whole 'famous last words' thing now."
(Diggle busts in with A.R.G.U.S. agents.)
Diggle: "Freeze!"
Felicity: "Don't shoot! Don't shoot! John! John, it's us."

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – Diggle rakes Felicity, Curtis and Rene over the coals for interfering with an A.R.G.U.S. investigation:
Diggle: "You three realize you've just compromised an active investigation?"
Felicity: "Yes. But in my defense, we wouldn't have had to do any of this if you had just included me in the first place."
Rene: "We wanted it as much as you did, Digg."
Diggle: "Rene, before you say another word, realize that A.R.G.U.S. is quite aware of your immunity agreement. Just because you're not wearing a mask doesn't mean you're not breaking the law."
Curtis: "You wouldn't really turn him in, though... would you?"
Diggle: "Felicity, A.R.G.U.S. has its rules. What the hell were you thinking?"
Felicity: "I was thinking about catching Diaz."
Diggle: "There are bigger things at stake here."
Rene: "Like what? Batteries?"
Diggle: "It's not just a battery, Rene. It's a weapon."
Curtis: "Say what now?"
Diggle: "A.R.G.U.S. developed an adapter - an adapter that calibrates the charge to power a directed energy weapon. It's enough to flatten a whole city."
Felicity: "Oh, God."
Curtis: "How were we supposed to know that?"
Diggle: "You didn't need to know that, Curtis. Please, just pack up the laptop. Restore the data. We need to find out what the Longbow Hunters are doing next."
Felicity: "That could take forever. The security virus wiped the hard drive."
Diggle: "You have a better idea, Felicity? Your little stunt just blew our best possible lead."

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – Oliver thinks of Felicity in trying to figure out how to get the guard, Yorke, removed from the prison:
Oliver: "Yorke's a hardass, but he doesn't deserve to die. Just - I need to find his pressure point."
Stanley: "WWGAD?"
Oliver: "What?"
Stanley: "What Would Green Arrow Do?"
Oliver: "Oh, I - he'd have Overwatch gather information."
Stanley: "What's an Overwatch?"
Oliver: "We need a computer."
Stanley: "Does this thing even have the internet?"
Oliver: "We'll soon find out."
Stanley: "Even if it does, they don't let felons surf the web."
Oliver: "My wife taught me a thing or two. Sit tight. And we got him."
Stanley: "What are we looking for?"
Oliver: "Anything that will give me leverage."

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – In a flashforward scene, we learn more about William:
Older Roy: "You're still here. Stubbornness must be hereditary."
Adult William: "I'm a guy who spent over a billion dollars trying to develop affordable magnetic levitation. I don't give up so easily."
Older Roy: "Wow. You've done really good for yourself, considering everything that's happened."
Adult William: "You know, when I first met you, you were with my Aunt Thea. The two of you were leaving somewhere together and -"
Older Roy: "You're not gonna get anywhere with me by dredging up the past. I came here to forget about all of that."
Adult William (taking out the hōzen) : "When Felicity gave me this, she told me it was about reconnecting. (Hands the hōzen to Roy) And it led me here to you. That can't be a coincidence." 
Older Roy: "I know exactly what this is. Come on."

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – Felicity and Diggle have an argument:
Curtis: "I'm still a ways off from repairing the laptop, but I've compiled a list of known directed energy weapons, which could be powered using a modified battery."
Diggle: "This list has too many potential targets for this agency to reasonably protect. We need whatever's on that laptop."
Felicity (entering): "You blocked my computer? What the hell, John?"
Curtis: "That's my cue. Heh." (Leaves)
Diggle: "Felicity, we can no longer risk you interfering with this mission. This is not Team Arrow. This is an A.R.G.U.S. operation. Please. I'm asking for your patience."
Felicity: "I'm out of patience, John. You have your life, your home, your family. But I lost everything, and bringing down Diaz is the only way for me to get it all back."
Diggle: "Felicity, you can't get it back. Your old life - our old life - is over. And taking down Diaz will not change that. Oliver's gone. And he is not coming back for a very long time. I need you to accept that."
Felicity: "I can't - and I won't. And I can't believe that you do. The old John would've done anything to bring down that monster, and you're - you're here. And you wouldn't even take up the Green Arrow mantle - the only thing that Oliver asked you to do. You've moved on with your life. The last six years actually meant something to me. So I am going to stop Diaz, whatever it takes, even if I have to do it alone."

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – Diggle explains to Felicity why he decided not to become the Green Arrow again:
Diggle: "Hey. Can we talk?"
Felicity: "Not unless it's about Diaz."
Diggle: "Felicity, I want you to know I understand why you're angry at me. (Sighs) But I have not forgotten Oliver or this team - or you. But I need you to hear why I chose not to become the Green Arrow. Felicity, I watched as Oliver, you and William lost everything important in life because of that hood. And I wanted to - I wanted to put it on because Oliver asked me to, but I couldn't. The truth is... I saw what the hood did to you and your family. And I couldn't do it to mine. Maybe that was selfish, but I just couldn't make that kind of sacrifice. And I couldn't ask that of Lyla or JJ."
Felicity: "It's not selfish."
Diggle: "I'd like to think that I'm honoring Oliver's mission without putting that suit on."
Felicity: "I respect that you want to keep fighting. Oliver turned himself in so the FBI would help us take down Diaz. I may not agree with the decision, but as long as Diaz is still out there, Oliver's sacrifice will have been for nothing."
Curtis (entering): "Sorry to interrupt. John, I was finally able to pull the data from that damaged hard drive. Look what I found: train schematics."
Diggle: "Let me guess. One of these directed energy weapons on your list is being transported by train."
Curtis: "Yep. It's being transported out of Star City tonight."
Diggle: "Can't let the Longbow Hunters get their hands on that weapon."
Felicity: "John, wait! No one knows the Longbow Hunters better than I do."
Diggle: "Felicity, if you're going to help, you got to do this the A.R.G.U.S. way. Deal?"
Felicity: "Deal."

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – Felicity works the comms during Diggle's A.R.G.U.S. mission to keep the Longbow Hunters from stealing the special battery from the train; however, Diggle has to let Diaz escape in order to secure the battery weapon:
Diggle (over comms): "Alpha Team's in position. Sit-rep?"
Felicity (over comms): "The train is right on schedule. 60 seconds till the first car reaches your position."
Diggle (over comms): "Copy that. Overwatch, you ready for this?"
Felicity (over comms): "Oh, I've been ready for five months."
Diggle (over comms): "Overwatch, I'm on the train."
Felicity (over comms): "Copy that. I've logged into the train control and management system. I'm now inside the brain of the train."
Diggle (over comms): "Where's the weapon?"
Felicity (over comms): "It's in the fourth car from the back."
Diggle (over comms): "Any sign of our friends?"
Felicity (over comms): "Not yet. You're coming up on the Bader Tunnel. We will have a snapshot from their thermal imaging camera in about 30 seconds."
(Felicity and Curtis look at the thermal imaging snapshot.)
Curtis: "That'll be the engineer. There. That'll be the Longbow Hunters - two of them, at least."
Felicity (over comms): "John, we got two bogies, both in the baggage car in front of you.
Diggle (over comms): "Where's the other one?"
Felicity (over comms): "Oh, my God. John, he's right above you."
Diggle (over comms): "Overwatch, we're trapped!"
Felicity (over comms): "Already on it. Hang on, John."
(Diaz knocks on the train door window.)
Diggle: "Diaz."
Felicity (over comms): "Diaz is there?"
Curtis: "Felicity!"
Felicity (over comms): "Sorry! On it. Got it. (Unlocks train doors) You're almost there. The weapon is two cars in front of you."
Diggle (over comms): "Go help the others! I'll secure the weapon."
Diggle (over comms): "I've got the battery. Felicity, when I tell you, I need you to uncouple that flatcar."
Felicity (over comms): "What? No. We can't let Diaz escape."
Diggle (over comms): "We can't let him get a hold of that weapon either! Felicity, do it! Now!"
Felicity (over comms): "I can't. He'll get away."
(Curtis takes over and types the commands into the laptop to uncouple the flatcar.)
Felicity: "I thought I could do it your way. And then I saw Diaz."
Diggle: "There's no need to explain. I just wanted to make sure you're okay."
Felicity: "I'm not. I understand why you did what you did. The world is a safer place because Diaz doesn't have that weapon. I was wrong before. You may now be working here at A.R.G.U.S., but you're still honoring Oliver's mission."
Diggle: "I appreciate your saying that."
Felicity: "But I still can't rest until I know that my family is safe... which means I need to work with someone whose focus is bringing down Diaz. And that someone is not you." (Leaves Diggle)
Curtis: "I'm guessing that was your last mission with A.R.G.U.S."
Felicity: "Yeah."
Curtis: "And probably with me too."
Felicity: "I'm sorry, Curtis."
Curtis: "What are you going to do?"
Felicity: "Find help somewhere else."

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – In a flashforward scene, Roy and William dig up a grave on Lian Yu:
Older Roy: "Oliver told me what was buried on this island. When I got here, I found the four graves that he had mentioned. But then - then I found this one. So, look, I can take care of this on my own if you want."
Adult William: "Look, I would love to miss out on staring into the face of a dessicated corpse, but I think it'll go quicker if I help."
(They find a wooden coffin and open it up. Inside are an old bow, a quiver of arrows, and some cloths.)
Adult William: "I don't get it. It's my father's bow. I can't even shoot an arrow. Why would Felicity want me to have this?"
Older Roy: "I know why."
(Roy opens up a small compartment on the bow, takes out a folded piece of paper, reads the paper, and then burns it.)
Adult William: "Wait. What the hell?"
Older Roy: "Grab your stuff. We're going back."
Adult William: "Back? Back where?"
Older Roy: "To Star City."

702 (The Longbow Hunters) – A desperate Felicity goes to see FBI Agent Samanda Watson for help in finding Diaz:
Felicity: “Thank you for agreeing to see me on such short notice. You made a deal with my husband. And he’s in prison because of it. Now it’s your turn to hold up your side of the bargain. We’re going to take down Ricardo Diaz together.”
(Cut to Agent Watson sitting behind her desk across from Felicity.)

Edited by tv echo