Type keyword(s) to search

Gone Without a Vote: Medevacs and Quitters

SVNBob
  • Start Topic

With 2 of the DvG cast (thus far) out without a vote cast against them, it's probably way past time we had a thread devoted to all the Survivors that met their end without getting their torches officially snuffed.

In regards to quitters, I tend not to look favorably on them, but some I do.  Personally I divide them into 3 groups in regards to how I feel about their quit and the circumstances around it; Pass, Understandable, and "F That/Off/You!"

The Pass group I'm ok with.  I'll even defend their quit if need be.  Jenna Morasca's quit in All-Stars is the prime example.  I cannot fault her for quitting given the circumstances that followed. 

Spoiler

And if the rumor is true that she was tipped off by a crew member, I cannot fault them either for their humanity in that situation. 

Terry's quit in Second Chances also falls into this group, and for similar (but fortunately not the same) reasons.

The Understandables I'm kind of ok with.  As in, I get why they quit, but there's still a bad taste in my mouth regarding the quit for one reason or another.  Usually because they could have theoretically gone on, but still chose not to.  Sue in All-Stars typically goes here, as does Janu from Palau, and Kathy from FvF.

The last group was the first one started, all the way back in Pearl Islands with the original Fucking Quitter (I choose not to even use his name).  These are the people that make me upset that they took a spot in the game and threw it away, because I know there are thousands of people that would have loved to have had that spot and would not have quit...myself included.  The majority of the quitters go here.

Medevacs are a different beast.  We all understand those, and pretty much all sympathize and empathize with those that this happens to.  And we're usually happy if/when they get another chance to play.  (I personally have a couple exceptions to that second statement: Caleb, because I don't like it to begin with when Big Brother crosses over into the superior CBS reality shows, and Colton, because he's Kolton.)  Naturally, Pat from DvG is one of these people, and I do hope he gets another chance.  (Sidenote: there's only been one female to be medevac'd: Kourtney from One World, on Day 3 during the first IC.  She technically holds the record for fastest medevac, since Pat's occurred after the IC.)

Them there's the midpoint, the mediquit.  These are the people that medical cleared to continue in the game, but quit anyway for medical reasons.  So far there's really only been the two: Dana in the Philippines and Bi from DvG.  These two do get a pass.  Bi's a professional athlete (MMA), so she needs her body fully operational for her regular job and shouldn't really risk it in a game she may not win.  And Dana was so sick she probably would have been voted out next, or pulled after a couple more days anyway.

Does anyone else categorize the quitters in a similar manner?  Who deserves a Pass on their quit and who doesn't?  And which medevacs that haven't had their second chance yet should get theirs next?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SVNBob said:

With 2 of the DvG cast (thus far) out without a vote cast against them, it's probably way past time we had a thread devoted to all the Survivors that met their end without getting their torches officially snuffed.

In regards to quitters, I tend not to look favorably on them, but some I do.  Personally I divide them into 3 groups in regards to how I feel about their quit and the circumstances around it; Pass, Understandable, and "F That/Off/You!"

The Pass group I'm ok with.  I'll even defend their quit if need be.  Jenna Morasca's quit in All-Stars is the prime example.  I cannot fault her for quitting given the circumstances that followed. 

Reveal hidden contents

And if the rumor is true that she was tipped off by a crew member, I cannot fault them either for their humanity in that situation. 

Terry's quit in Second Chances also falls into this group, and for similar (but fortunately not the same) reasons.

The Understandables I'm kind of ok with.  As in, I get why they quit, but there's still a bad taste in my mouth regarding the quit for one reason or another.  Usually because they could have theoretically gone on, but still chose not to.  Sue in All-Stars typically goes here, as does Janu from Palau, and Kathy from FvF.

The last group was the first one started, all the way back in Pearl Islands with the original Fucking Quitter (I choose not to even use his name).  These are the people that make me upset that they took a spot in the game and threw it away, because I know there are thousands of people that would have loved to have had that spot and would not have quit...myself included.  The majority of the quitters go here.

Medevacs are a different beast.  We all understand those, and pretty much all sympathize and empathize with those that this happens to.  And we're usually happy if/when they get another chance to play.  (I personally have a couple exceptions to that second statement: Caleb, because I don't like it to begin with when Big Brother crosses over into the superior CBS reality shows, and Colton, because he's Kolton.)  Naturally, Pat from DvG is one of these people, and I do hope he gets another chance.  (Sidenote: there's only been one female to be medevac'd: Kourtney from One World, on Day 3 during the first IC.  She technically holds the record for fastest medevac, since Pat's occurred after the IC.)

Them there's the midpoint, the mediquit.  These are the people that medical cleared to continue in the game, but quit anyway for medical reasons.  So far there's really only been the two: Dana in the Philippines and Bi from DvG.  These two do get a pass.  Bi's a professional athlete (MMA), so she needs her body fully operational for her regular job and shouldn't really risk it in a game she may not win.  And Dana was so sick she probably would have been voted out next, or pulled after a couple more days anyway.

Does anyone else categorize the quitters in a similar manner?  Who deserves a Pass on their quit and who doesn't?  And which medevacs that haven't had their second chance yet should get theirs next?

First, great topic and great post!! 

I’d add two categories, or maybe sub-categories to your “general quitters” group.   The first is people who ask others to vote them out, and the second is people with medical issues that we didn’t see checked out by medical (but they probably did), but their reason for leaving was related to the injury. There is some overlap between the two - some examples:

• Jeff from Palau, who injured his ankle. He fits into both groups. I doubt he would have asked to be voted out if he had not hurt himself, and I think he was a personal trainer so I view him more like Bi.
  • Chet from FvF. I should have more sympathy for him, because I suspect he would have been medically removed at some point - he had an infection in his foot and my understanding is he ended up in the hospital after he left. This infections were terrible that season. But I hate him because he could have stuck though the vote to help his alliance and quit immediately after, but he wanted to be honorably voted out so he screwed them. Fuck him.
  • Johnny FairPlay in FvF. Only falls into the “vote me out I want to go” bucket.  I still sees these as quits, but I view them slightly different than a flat-out quit because it does give the tribe someone to vote out and aometimes more time to adjust plans.

Completely off-topic, I always read your screen name in my head as “Savin’ Bob” and then I spend some time wondering  who Bob is and why he needs saving and I SO need a life....

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Can you briefly describe what happened to Jenna with being tipped off (possibly) by a crew member?  Simply cannot remember.

Jenna’s mother was on the brink of death, and she made it home to see her just days before she passed away.

• Love 3

Not sure I have a whole cast of characters in my head on this but I just posted on how I don't feel Bee should be given such a quick pass.  Unless she knew she needed surgery instead of just rest and antiinflammatories she could have sat out challenges and helped her alliance with her vote.  They could vote her out whenever.  She could ask to be voted out.  She didn't have to quit.  

• Love 2

I can't believe NaOnka and Purple Kelly haven't shown up in this conversation yet. It's obvious what category they go in.

John Rocker's wife was another weak quit.

Penner's medevac is one of the saddest to me, because infection risk is a thing that just doesn't feel like a big deal until it's too late. He didn't quit, but I bet he feels like he did. 

• Love 2

I always felt like Janu was kind of given a push to quit/ask to be voted off quit to save Stephenie.  She likely would have quit sooner rather than later anyway, so why not get her out when there's someone who wants to be there and has a great story line?

Someone who was possibly an almost vote-me-out-quit that I remember was Shawna from Amazon.  She asked to get voted out by her ladies before the tribe swap happened, then perked up when the boys joined the tribe.  It's probably one of the funniest 180s I've ever seen.

Chet from FvF. I should have more sympathy for him, because I suspect he would have been medically removed at some point - he had an infection in his foot and my understanding is he ended up in the hospital after he left. This infections were terrible that season. But I hate him because he could have stuck though the vote to help his alliance and quit immediately after, but he wanted to be honorably voted out so he screwed them. Fuck him.

What always annoyed me with Chet is that I liked Tracy (someone I feel should have gotten a second chance by now), and she did anything and everything to keep him around.  Then he goes and quits, and I understand he had a good reason, but it still annoyed me.

I always wanted to see Bruce get another chance to play.  The one thing about Sue is that Rich was gone from the game when she quit, but I don't know if that was something triggering for her, or if she felt no one was taking it seriously.  It's been so long and that's not a season I care to watch again for a variety of reasons, so I can't remember all the specifics besides Hatch being Hatch and Sue's rant to Jeff (justified rant, I should say).  I can go both ways on her but I give her more of a pass than any other quitter that quit for no reason other than they just didn't want to stay anymore.  And I'll always consider the 'vote me out' quitters just that, quitters.  They deserve the Osten treatment.   

• Love 4
7 hours ago, marys1000 said:

Not sure I have a whole cast of characters in my head on this but I just posted on how I don't feel Bee should be given such a quick pass.  Unless she knew she needed surgery instead of just rest and antiinflammatories she could have sat out challenges and helped her alliance with her vote.  They could vote her out whenever.  She could ask to be voted out.  She didn't have to quit.  

A torn ACL is nothing to mess with.  Ballplayers can be out a half year or more with one.  She was crazy to have stayed the extra night but she probably needed to let her injury sink in psychologically and accept that it would be insanity to try and continue.

Also she would have only hurt her old tribe if there had been no draw that day since they were already down so she would have had to play and cost them another loss by staying thus effectively decimating them.  With the draw she most likely would have had to play unless one of the three new tribes had 6 players instead of 5 and the stats favor that not happening.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, 303420 said:

I can't believe NaOnka and Purple Kelly haven't shown up in this conversation yet. It's obvious what category they go in.

I hadn't mentioned them for two reasons.  First, I try not to mention the "FU" Quitters by name, since I don't feel they deserve the recognition.  As always, YMMV.  Second, I was just trying to get the ball rolling on this subject.  I knew sooner or later someone would bring one or both of them up.

4 hours ago, LanceM said:

Jimmy Johnson on Nicaragua was a quit as well. The show however didn't edit it this way but cast members later revealed that yes he had asked them to vote him out because he had enough.

But that's not an official quit, as in someone pulling themself from the game.  Asking to be voted out and the tribe going along with it is a separate issue altogether.  Mainly because you have to rely on the tribe doing what you ask.  While the requests go all the way back to Borneo (B.B., the other old coot), we didn't really hear about them much until Amazon.  That's when the aforementioned Shawna did ask to be voted out a couple times, but her alliance kept keeping her.  Note that it was the next season that someone actually officially quit, starting the rockslide.

9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I always wanted to see Bruce get another chance to play.

Good call.  Have him and Joe from BvBvB2 come back at the same time since they both went out under similar circumstances.  Then watch them during food reward challenges.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, green said:

A torn ACL is nothing to mess with.  Ballplayers can be out a half year or more with one.  She was crazy to have stayed the extra night but she probably needed to let her injury sink in psychologically and accept that it would be insanity to try and continue.

Exactly.  A strained or partially torn ligament is bad enough - requiring months of rehab at the very least, and a strong possibility of surgery to repair.  Neglect it to the point the ligament totally pops, though, and it is totally done; a completely separated ligament immediately contracts, and no amount of surgery can repair it.  Best you can hope for is a cadaver transplant, and that will do little more than give you back a basic ability to walk unaided - or, in other words, kiss that athletic career goodbye.  And I doubt that’s a future a 28yo MMA fighter is prepared to wrap her head around.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, SVNBob said:

But that's not an official quit, as in someone pulling themself from the game.  Asking to be voted out and the tribe going along with it is a separate issue altogether.  Mainly because you have to rely on the tribe doing what you ask.  While the requests go all the way back to Borneo (B.B., the other old coot), we didn't really hear about them much until Amazon.  That's when the aforementioned Shawna did ask to be voted out a couple times, but her alliance kept keeping her.  Note that it was the next season that someone actually officially quit, starting the rockslide.

I have always considered it a quit with an asterisk, mostly because Jeff seems to have as much derision for them as other quitters, and he generally calls them quits. But you make a good point - you can ask to be voted out, but the tribe doesn’t have to do it.  So now I need to re-think it. 

• Love 1

I read some of Bee's post interviews and it was a strain or sprain or something, NOT a tear.  She said if felt unstable.  She said she tore it before once and so knew what it felt like.  She seems pretty focused on it the way some atheletes get paranoid about injuries.  

I understand its her career but her career has a limited lifespan with a bum knee anyway (she herself said the knee has been crap) so she better have a Plan B.  Even if she had to walk through a challenge, and get voted out I think it would be better than quitting. 

What about the guy who had to leave because he was......constipated?  Some sort of bowel problem.  Nothing funny about it, serious medical condition and all but......I would have been mortified.  Which is of course the reason I remember it. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Good call.  Have him and Joe from BvBvB2 come back at the same time since they both went out under similar circumstances.  Then watch them during food reward challenges.

Hopefully they watch what they eat next time (or not so much).  

When it comes to those asking to be voted off, I think they should either have to quit or just stick around and suffer.  It's quitting by default.  I'm glad there's the rule now that if someone quits during the jury phase, they reserve the right to not let them be part of the jury.  I'll never forget Marty's expression in the jury box when Kelly and Na'Onka quit, and him saying he wanted to still be there playing.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, marys1000 said:

What about the guy who had to leave because he was......constipated?  Some sort of bowel problem.  Nothing funny about it, serious medical condition and all but......I would have been mortified.  Which is of course the reason I remember it. 

That was Bruce Kanegai on Panama.  At the time I thought it was weird because he had a lot of experience in backpacking and wilderness camping. Former Eagle Scout and all that.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2006/04/survivor-panama-bruce_injury/

On 10/19/2018 at 10:16 AM, marys1000 said:

Bi’s exit interviews included a discussion of the physical therapy she did with medical at Ponderosa and on the trip. She said her knee still feels a bit week but that is nearing 100%. A second injury to the same ligament is huge, it can make recovery more difficult. I fully understand not wanting to risk a sprain becoming a tear  and I am not a professional athete. Her knee was really swollen when she quit. They were not going to be giving her ice and advil to help with the inflammation, making it more difficult to prevent the injury from getting worse. I have no prolem with her quit. 

• Love 8

Same.  I don't get anger at players for quitting.  So what?  They lose the money, not us.  As long as I have an entertaining show at the end of the day that's all I care about.  Players randomly quitting in the middle isn't going to change that - I'll get a final tribal council and I'll get a winner.  I think a good, major chunk of these players really want to win at the outset.  They're only going to quit if they really need to and I'm all for that.  I'm not having anyone risk their life or their mental sanity for this stupid game.  I want entertainment, not people actually getting really messed up.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

I don't have a problem with people quitting for medical reasons.  In Bi's case, she might have been pulled sooner or later , and she did have her life outside of the game to consider.  I can't exactly fault a quit like Kathy from FvsF (didn't she threaten to cut her finger off if they didn't pull her?)  I think what bothers me most about quitters like Na'Onka, Kelly, and Osten, is that they took the game away from people who wanted to be there.  With how long Survivor's been on, there are contestants who have been waiting years and applying since the show was still in single digits to be on.  So I'm annoyed for them, especially if there were better gamers than those we got left with, or if people end up getting screwed because of a quit. 

Then again, I'm an old school Survivor fan that longs for the days when the contestants had to suffer in the rain and were excited by getting one hatchet or one candy bar as a reward.  There was no Jeff to the rescue, and if he did have to come to the rescue, he wasn't happy. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Same.  I don't get anger at players for quitting.  So what?  They lose the money, not us.  As long as I have an entertaining show at the end of the day that's all I care about.  Players randomly quitting in the middle isn't going to change that - I'll get a final tribal council and I'll get a winner.  I think a good, major chunk of these players really want to win at the outset.  They're only going to quit if they really need to and I'm all for that.  I'm not having anyone risk their life or their mental sanity for this stupid game.  I want entertainment, not people actually getting really messed up.

I love this post so much.

9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Then again, I'm an old school Survivor fan that longs for the days when the contestants had to suffer in the rain and were excited by getting one hatchet or one candy bar as a reward.  There was no Jeff to the rescue, and if he did have to come to the rescue, he wasn't happy. 

This again! ;)

• Love 5
20 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I think what bothers me most about quitters like Na'Onka, Kelly, and Osten, is that they took the game away from people who wanted to be there. 

Were any of those recruits?  Can you really blame a recruit for quitting?  I can't.  Then again, I won't blame anyone.  Recruit or not.

There was recently a great viral thread about people leaving uncomfortable situations.  A lot of people didn't agree with this woman, but I certainly did.

https://aplus.com/a/erynn-brook-leaving-uncomfortable-situation-twitter-thread?no_monetization=true

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Were any of those recruits?  Can you really blame a recruit for quitting?  I can't.  Then again, I won't blame anyone.  Recruit or not.

There was recently a great viral thread about people leaving uncomfortable situations.  A lot of people didn't agree with this woman, but I certainly did.

https://aplus.com/a/erynn-brook-leaving-uncomfortable-situation-twitter-thread?no_monetization=true

To be honest, yes :)  All they need to do is watch the show to see what they're in for.  I'm well aware that watching is different from experiencing, but there's ways to determine if they're up to the challenge.  While it's a far cry from sitting in cyclone induced rain, if they can't handle sitting under a tree in their backyard in pouring rain for 24 hours in their bathing suit in cold temperatures, they probably can't handle Survivor.  I love Survivor, and while I look at the likes of Courtney Yates and Will Simms and think 'why can't I do it if they can'...in reality I know I'd be begging to get voted off before the game started.  If I wanted adventure and roughing it, I'll find some off the beaten path motel that looks like a relic from a 70s horror movie.  I know shelter building, fire making, fishing, etc., are (or should be) Survivor know-hows, and I'd equally suck at those, no matter how many Youtube tutorial videos I watched, so yet a few more reasons I'd pass.  Sorry, but I'll always be in the camp that quitters who couldn't hack the elements took something away from someone that wanted to be there, and maybe actually tried getting in the old fashioned way.  Besides, plenty of recruits have done just fine.  I'm fine with legitimate quits, or the understandable as was mentioned above.  People who just didn't want to be there anymore, they don't deserve to be part of the experience anymore, like being on the jury and voting for a winner.  I'd be fine if they were un-invited from the reunion, even if they did play some big part in the season up until their quit.   

As I mentioned, I'm old school when it comes to Survivor.  I don't care if they have to suffer.  They aren't going to die, and as we saw in the premiere, if it gets too rough, Probst comes to the rescue.  They can edit this show however they want, so they don't need to focus on crying and shivering and ugly close ups of swollen feet and cuts and bruises.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

As I mentioned, I'm old school when it comes to Survivor.  I don't care if they have to suffer.  They aren't going to die, and as we saw in the premiere, if it gets too rough, Probst comes to the rescue.  They can edit this show however they want, so they don't need to focus on crying and shivering and ugly close ups of swollen feet and cuts and bruises.

But when they edit that out you end up with a bunch of people who are clueless as to how hard it is to play Survivor and a rash of quitters. I don't want them to edit out the tears and the cuts and the cold because that is an important part of the game. I am fine with showing Gabby struggling with the game and then kicking ass in challenges. She is able to pull it together when she needs to and that is Survivor. I want to see the struggle because that is the game.

I suspect that a good number of folks could tough it out for the chance to win the big prize. I don't like the folks who quit because they should have known the game was hard and they should not have gone unless they knew they were staying. I don't have a problem with the legit "You have an infection/seriously sprained knee/dying family member" folks leaving because those are legit reasons. I don't want to see someone in the hospital for weeks on end or having to have surgery because they destroyed a knee in the name of toughing out Survivor.

I am a bit on the fence about the dying loved one, if it is something like Jenna, who went to play knowing that their Mother was seriously ill a part of me says they should stay and another part of me understands leaving. The dude who left because his son became seriously ill while he was out there was 100% legit in going. I think Adam knew there was a real chance his Mom might die while he was playing and said his good-byes before leaving. I suspect that the family had decided not to call him. I am glad that he made it home in time to see his Mom one last time after finishing out the season. I can understand Jenna's decision even though a part of it irks me only because there was a very real chance that her Mom would pass and there were other people who wanted to play who didn't get the chance.

• Love 3
On 10/20/2018 at 9:22 AM, marys1000 said:

I'm pretty sure this is Joe, the FBI guy, who was Aubry's friend a few seasons ago. I think it was a Brains v. Brawn v. Beauty season. He ate too much meat at a reward challenge and it blocked him up. So he had to go (in more ways than one).

• Love 3

Well why not google it.  

https://www.tvguide.com/news/bruce-true-survivor-38001/

Bruce Kanegai, Panama Exile Island

12 days of a problem (severe constipation) but apparently it was that his urinary something got blocked and his bladder filled up.  5 hours to medical care, catherized and a quart and a half of urine "exploded out".  Life threatening apparently but easily fixed.  They considered putting him back in I think.

Sounds like a great guy, good player, took being taken out hard.  Trained before going etc.  

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 4

It was both of them. Bruce from Exile Island and Joe from Kaoh Rong both had to be evacuated (heh) because they got so constipated that their systems shut down. It happened to Joe after a reward where he ate about three pounds of beef, but with Bruce, it seemed to come on more gradually. Probably he hadn't been drinking enough water all along.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm pretty sure this is Joe, the FBI guy, who was Aubry's friend a few seasons ago. I think it was a Brains v. Brawn v. Beauty season. He ate too much meat at a reward challenge and it blocked him up. So he had to go (in more ways than one).

Yes, actually the danger for him was the intestinal blockage combined with an (age-understandable) enlarged prostrate, it blocked him from urinating, which is a very serious condition and can cause permanent kidney damage/failure if it goes on too long.  Talk about a bizarro med-evac!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

But when they edit that out you end up with a bunch of people who are clueless as to how hard it is to play Survivor and a rash of quitters. I don't want them to edit out the tears and the cuts and the cold because that is an important part of the game. I am fine with showing Gabby struggling with the game and then kicking ass in challenges. She is able to pull it together when she needs to and that is Survivor. I want to see the struggle because that is the game.

I am a bit on the fence about the dying loved one, if it is something like Jenna, who went to play knowing that their Mother was seriously ill a part of me says they should stay and another part of me understands leaving. The dude who left because his son became seriously ill while he was out there was 100% legit in going. I think Adam knew there was a real chance his Mom might die while he was playing and said his good-byes before leaving. I suspect that the family had decided not to call him. I am glad that he made it home in time to see his Mom one last time after finishing out the season. I can understand Jenna's decision even though a part of it irks me only because there was a very real chance that her Mom would pass and there were other people who wanted to play who didn't get the chance.

I don't mind seeing the suffering, either.  I was just making a point that for those that hate seeing the suffering, it's not like they can't edit it out.  But that's the experience.  I actually agree with your point about Gabby, and I love seeing how people struggled early on and then become triumphant in the end (whether that's the case for Gabby or not, I don't know, but I do hope winning the challenge gave her a boost of confidence).  Location can play a big part in how miserable a cast is, weather wise.  Obviously they aren't leaving Fiji for the foreseeable future, if ever, so at least the fall seasons we'll have to deal with cyclones and rain and soggy castaways.

I also agree with you on Jenna.  It could be that she took the place of one of my favorite Survivor players ever, Kelly Goldsmith, who was Jenna's alternate.  But Jenna's mother wasn't doing well when she was filming Amazon, and with how bad she was when she went to film AS, I have mixed feelings.  I don't blame her for leaving by any stretch, just question whether she should have gone in the first place.  

On 10/22/2018 at 1:41 AM, LadyChatts said:

If I wanted adventure and roughing it, I'll find some off the beaten path motel that looks like a relic from a 70s horror movie. 

It just so happens that I own an off the beaten path motel that looks like a relic from a 70s horror movie:

5bcfb3ee16786_Cabins(1).thumb.JPG.7e0e794e07731c092bcc369d162ee67c.JPG

It was actually built in the 40s. We could have a forum pseudo-Survivor experience there! We have to act quickly though. We're hoping to demolish by the end of the year. Who's in? NO QUITTERS.

Errrr topic...

On 10/22/2018 at 5:48 AM, ProfCrash said:

I think Adam knew there was a real chance his Mom might die while he was playing and said his good-byes before leaving. I suspect that the family had decided not to call him. I am glad that he made it home in time to see his Mom one last time after finishing out the season. I can understand Jenna's decision even though a part of it irks me only because there was a very real chance that her Mom would pass and there were other people who wanted to play who didn't get the chance.

On 10/22/2018 at 10:49 AM, LadyChatts said:

But Jenna's mother wasn't doing well when she was filming Amazon, and with how bad she was when she went to film AS, I have mixed feelings.  I don't blame her for leaving by any stretch, just question whether she should have gone in the first place. 

Yeah - go if you're going, and if you're gonna go, freaking GO. That said, The show was still pretty young when Jenna did AS. She may have even made a deal in the first place that she'd participate if and only if she was released at any time due to her mother's health. It's more forgivable for her under those circumstances than it would be now.

Totally understand about Kelly Goldsmith not being able to go to AS because of it, but I never liked her anyway. Now if it had been T-Bird in that spot...

• Love 3
On 10/22/2018 at 10:09 AM, Special K said:

Yes, actually the danger for him was the intestinal blockage combined with an (age-understandable) enlarged prostrate, it blocked him from urinating, which is a very serious condition and can cause permanent kidney damage/failure if it goes on too long.  Talk about a bizarro med-evac!

Poor Bruce. Not only was he in immense pain, he had a nekkid Shane carrying him out. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, LadyNebula said:

Poor Bruce. Not only was he in immense pain, he had a nekkid Shane carrying him out. 

And had Courtney serenading him despite pleading to her not to.  Oh Casaya Tribe, will we ever find the tribe to match you?  The ultimate combination of wacky hijinks, constant insanity and drama, and challenge/strategic dominance!

• Love 9
15 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

And had Courtney serenading him despite pleading to her not to.  Oh Casaya Tribe, will we ever find the tribe to match you?  The ultimate combination of wacky hijinks, constant insanity and drama, and challenge/strategic dominance!

Bruce deserved a million dollars for that medevac alone. So much shit going on!  Except for Bruce. Heh. 

• Love 3