Type keyword(s) to search

Get A Room With Carson And Thom - General Discussion

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Shadow Wave said:

So this week's show was on Thursday. Maybe most people missed it, since there haven't been any comments, but I thought it was one of the funniest episodes yet, and, as a bonus, the makeover they did on the tiny apartment was awesome. The paint choice at the suburban home was surprisingly good, too. 

This show is being misserved by Bravo, which needs to stop moving it around randomly and maybe do some repeats during the week. It's so much better than their other programming, it's as if they don't know what to do with it. 

I was so disappointed that it wasn't on tonight. When I saw your post I was excited to watch it so went to Comcast on demand and this episode isn't listed. The latest available is the one where they did the magazine woman's house and the couple with the orange dining room. Why are they making it so hard to watch this show!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Tanichka said:

It certainly isn’t being well served!  I missed it in spite of trying to find it on the schedule.  I am (was) enjoying it, too.

These forums are making it hard to find shows, too.  Too many subsections and “everything else” threads.  “Where’d my Show Go” is no help either - TMI.

I only found the thread by searching on "Thom" (figured "the gay spelling," as Carson said, would narrow the search results.)  However, it did motivate me to follow the thread so I could find it from the homepage.

• Love 1

I enjoy the show, but I haven't liked one renovation.  To me, it always looks cheap and very much like "Trading Spaces" afters!  But I love Carson and Thom.  They are both a joy to watch.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, ML89 said:

Per an article in House Beautiful, second season this fall!

Oh good because I can’t even get through the commercials of that Flipping Exs show that’s part of the same Bravo does HGTV.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Agree with this.  Very few of their "afters" appeal to me.  Over-staged, cheap and junky looking.  And their "bou-jettes" (?) certainly seemed substantial so i can't figure out why it all ways turns out to look like Dollar Store-chic.

I do love watching Carson & Thom.  Happy about the upcoming second season.

I think the reason is because they tend to "over-decorate" with knickknacks, etc. which just clutters the space. I recently saw Carson's home/living room on Open House NYC, and was kind of disappointed as it looked very similar to one of his & Thom's makeovers.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MsTree said:

I think the reason is because they tend to "over-decorate" with knickknacks, etc. which just clutters the space. I recently saw Carson's home/living room on Open House NYC, and was kind of disappointed as it looked very similar to one of his & Thom's makeovers.

I get not everyone cooks but I gasped when Carson revealed that he had turned over most of the storage in his kitchen into drawers that opened in his bedroom for extra clothing storage because they shared a wall!

• Love 1

Just watched all ten episodes and enjoyed them. The new Queer Eye is too sappy for me, so it was nice to see the two funniest original QE guys team up. 

However, I could never get my house made over by them because I like old-timey things too much and I don't want anything to do with "modern" and "fresh." In the last episode, for example, I adored the sweet, yellow damask wallpaper. Give me $100,000 and an Anthropologie catalog, and I would have made that place so cute!

• Love 1