Type keyword(s) to search

Get A Room With Carson And Thom - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 12/9/2018 at 9:59 AM, zillabreeze said:

Such a happy, enjoyable hour each week!

Rich people in ripped jeans. I can't imagine walking around in faux distressed jeans. I mean I do but I'm a poor. And that mansion with the frieze over the mantle and all the white columns.... I wouldn't know what to do with it either.  Clearly Thom and Carson knew what to do. I hate that sponge-painted faux-plaster-look Tuscan sunset yellow paint they had in the "before" foyer. The new colour palette is lovely. Unpopular opinion but I love the leather horse. So handsome and fun in such a serious statement house. That house needed it. The mom's comment about wanting the interior design to be perfect -- yes, obviously. It has to be perfect. It has to be perfect. It has to be perfect. I hope she lets her boys play on the horse. But not bloody likely. I swear I am not a snarky person. Where is this coming from? Ha! They could make such a fun family photo with the boys on that horse.

Carson's Gucci tiger sweater with the tag on the outside!

The dining room looked so good! It was the best of the three rooms. The sideboard did exactly what Thom wanted and looked gorgeous. Carson's DIY lampshades looked grrrreat. I also have an MFA and use it primarily for painting lampshades.

The micro zen den for 2500 bucks. Holy tight boojet. Yikes. I mean for this show. Of course that is more than I could budget for decorating my whole house but I use what I can find for free on the street. If I scraped up 2500 bucks I would never think, "I'm calling Carson and Thom to help me spend my monies!" Thom could blow that entire budget on a side table. Are we assuming this number of dollars covers only materials and furniture? We can't be expected to believe a consulting/design fee for Carson and Thom's time (and their helpers!) could be included in that total.

"Trim that hinge, bitch!" Bwahahaha!

I did like the idea of layering carpets, although not those carpets. Please, no wicker baskets.

I agree with another poster who said the room looked more Boho than zen. I would expect a zen den to be less full of stuff. I did not like the skin on the couch. Ouch, my feelings. The low desk is a smart idea with that huge window and amazing view but those wicker poofs with the sheep skins do not look comfortable for working at the computer. The budget is unreasonable so I understand the limitations.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, GoldaVining said:

The new colour palette is lovely. Unpopular opinion but I love the leather horse. So handsome and fun in such a serious statement house. That house needed it.

I didn't mind the horse either, it was a fun touch and that enormous foyer could handle it.  I also loved the dining room; the sideboard was fantastic.

I thought the guys did a great job on both rooms, though there was a bit too much going on in the zen room for it to be truly zen for me.  Those views though!  I would never get any work done if my office had that view, along with comfy places to sit and candles to relax with.

I feel silly for just thinking of this now but I wonder if the clients pay for anything?  Maybe they get the design time for free and just pay for the items.  With the home gym, Thom said the amount over the boujet was covered by either his firm or the show but I think most people would only want to go on the show with their design woes unless they're getting free stuff.  On second thought, meeting Thom and Carson and having them design a room in my house would be pretty awesome!  Then of course there would be their expressions when I told them my boujet was around $100.00, LOL.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, raven said:

Then of course there would be their expressions when I told them my boujet was around $100.00, LOL.

I'd love to see what kind of DIY Carson would do with my $50 boujet.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 7

Another fun episode tonight.  I guess all these decorators (Sweet Home, Buying It Blind) are once again in love with wallpaper.  I like it too but I hate it when I have to take it down.

I loved the little girl's room.  The only thing is that a few years from now, she may well hate those unicorns.  Dad's new chair seemed very small for a big guy...and the ottoman is gone.

Liked the other apartment.  Just enough of her stuff to feel good for her. 

• Love 4

I really liked the Dad (and, the Mom, too) because he was so layed back and just wanted his chair. The one thing I like about this show is that all the people are rich but seem so normal. I love seeing the brownstones and mansions of of NYC/ NJ. Carson and Tom are a lot of fun and do good work. Now, they’re are some things I like and don’t like. I didn’t care for the pink/salmon color of the brownstone but I did like the wall paper of the oceanographer (or whatever she was) and, the painting of the glass top for her beautiful mid century modern dining table. In fact, I never thought of painting the bottom of the glass for a table top.  She defiantly was a reserved person with her feeling and emotions. She was like, “Um, yeah it’s nice. I like it........”. I usually hate all the OTT screaming of homeowners but she was really different and the total opposite with little emotions. I don’t know if I could handle her. LOL!!!!!

• Love 4

We need to get Carson in a car with James Corden.

Are brownstones usually that narrow? The ones I've been in are wider. Was that brownstone divided into more than one unit? There was a second floor, right?

Thom, I'm trying to forgive you for painting the child's stunning fireplace (all that original beautiful old-growth wood) white.

Both fellas looked so handsome in their blue clothing and tanned skin.

Thom makes me laugh when a homeowner gets weird. He has the shocked big eyes, silent open mouth and profile. Every. Time. As he struggles for diplomatic words.

As usual, the finished designs were too cluttered for my taste, but the oceanographer's place has been my fave thus far.

I hope the programming move to Saturday night doesn't mean this series won't be renewed.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I loved the little girl's room.  The only thing is that a few years from now, she may well hate those unicorns. 

I had that thought too, that once she gets to be a teenager the room will be too babyish. They could remove the unicorn wallpaper and repaint. I loved the bed/stage area.

The Bed-Stuy brownstone was gorgeous - that was such a quintessential Brooklyn block, and the place had a lot of lovely details. I actually loved the family - they seemed really loving. I got a kick out of the dad - as soon as I saw him I knew he was going to be like "Whatever, as long as it's comfortable." And the daughter really was a prodigy! I was so impressed!

I really liked the oceanographer's living room - the dark shelves against the gray patterned wallpaper looked very good. And I liked the way they incorporated all the stuff from her travels.

• Love 5

I wish the dad had insisted on keeping his chair. The stains and creasing were unattractive but it could have been recovered in a good quality leather. The arms on the new $3K chair were too thin to rest comfortably and it wasn't roomy enough. I hope the wife at least allows him to get an ottoman. Poor man only wanted one thing!

Or you know what? If Thom wasn't so fixated on high end stores he could have just bought a La-Z-Boy or similar wall recliner. There are probably a hundred different styles with fifty upholstery options.

I wonder if Carson (or the assistants who likely do all the work) even looked for a unicorn mural or wall decal for the bedroom. That wallpaper was ugly to start with and the girl will be sick of it in a couple of years.

The oceanographer's place turned out great. A few too many tchotchkes for me, but they were her own tchotchkes so I assume she was pleased to have them.

Be fun to revisit some of these people in a year and see what they've changed.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I need a spin off of just Carson driving Thom around (with parking, of course!) Absolutely LOVE this show!!

I laughed out loud when Carson parked really far from the curb and Thom said that they were so far from the curb that they could take the bus to get there.

I also laughed at this exchange:

C: Houston, we have a problem.

T: My name's not Houston.

C: We still have a problem.

1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

We need to get Carson in a car with James Corden.

Are brownstones usually that narrow? The ones I've been in are wider. Was that brownstone divided into more than one unit? There was a second floor, right?

Thom, I'm trying to forgive you for painting the child's stunning fireplace (all that original beautiful old-growth wood) white.

Both fellas looked so handsome in their blue clothing and tanned skin.

Thom makes me laugh when a homeowner gets weird. He has the shocked big eyes, silent open mouth and profile. Every. Time. As he struggles for diplomatic words.

As usual, the finished designs were too cluttered for my taste, but the oceanographer's place has been my fave thus far.

I hope the programming move to Saturday night doesn't mean this series won't be renewed.

I love the side-eye that Thom gives to the clients!

The guys are so witty, fun, and most of all just seem like genuinely nice people. I could hang out with them all day.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, 2727 said:

Or you know what? If Thom wasn't so fixated on high end stores he could have just bought a La-Z-Boy or similar wall recliner. There are probably a hundred different styles with fifty upholstery options.

My guess is when they're paying $40K they expect something expensive.  I agree that Dad needed an ottoman with his new chair.

The daughter probably will want a change from the unicorn wallpaper but the parents can probably afford it.  It looked good for her and what she wanted now though.

I liked both makeovers even though I personally don't think pianos are attractive in the living area and I didn't like that it essentially blocked the mirror.  The last make over that had a piano, it ended up being placed in front of a nice set of windows, which bugged me.  I would rather have the view but then I'm not a piano player, much less prodigy.

I really enjoy when Thom is talking about how to place the furniture, in the case of the family in the brownstone, to make that room look less like a hallway.

I really liked the oceanographer's place - what a great apartment and cute bunny (though I wondered if she wanted ALL of her bunny pix put up).  The guys did a great job of integrating her stuff though didn't they talk about not liking a lot of stuff?  If so, that's kind of ironic.

My fave Carson/Thom interaction was Carson talking about the oceanographer panicking about her stuff "where is my stuff??"  runs around, looks under the grill cover, runs out of camera frame shrieking "WHERE is my sfuff??" and Thom is standing there cracking up.

• Love 7

I liked the oceanographer's room too.  But what I really loved is how understated her reaction was.  That is me.  I can't remember the last time I was super enthusiastic over something even if I really love something.  It just feels fake whenever I try to do it. 

The girl's room was really cute but I do suspect it's not going to be long before she's over it.  

I didn't love the color of the upstairs except for the look of the piano.  I preferred the blue. It almost felt like they were determined to do a pink room, especially after the single woman nixed pink a few weeks ago. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Door County Cherry said:

The girl's room was really cute but I do suspect it's not going to be long before she's over it.  

I agree. I liked on Sweet Home Oklahoma  where Jen stated that she likes to design very neutral kids rooms and than let them go crazy with posters, artwork, bedding, etc. so that it’s easily changed and they have a solid foundation to grow with them.

I hope the floors were in much shittier condition than it looked because yhey painted them. 

I imagine living that gorgeous huge house on Long Island was the most painful part of the divorce but I liked what they did with her space and it had a lovely terrace.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Another fun episode tonight.  I guess all these decorators (Sweet Home, Buying It Blind) are once again in love with wallpaper.  I like it too but I hate it when I have to take it down.

I watch the Vanilla Ice Project (don't laugh, it has some good stuff in it plus it's my state!) and he always uses wallpaper. I thought it was a thing for South Florida. Now Thom's using it too...

• Love 2

Did I miss something? It sounded like an assistant bought a really rough-looking piano based on a picture?

That may be fine if it's just for decoration, but the daughter was an accomplished pianist. A lot of old pianos won't stay in tune even if they haven't been abused (assuming it was any good in the first place). I can see that thing going out as fast as it was brought in. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Shadow Wave said:

Did I miss something? It sounded like an assistant bought a really rough-looking piano based on a picture?

They wanted a cheap one that they could paint and do what they wanted to do with they were saying that the keys were falling apart but they were just the plastic tops that some cheaper pianos had and she had already ordered the the replacement plastic tops and booked a technician to replace them and I assume tune the piano on their timeline so more fake drama.

They also didn’t get rid of the piano that she typically plays on they just moved it to her bedroom, her room was so large it made me wonder why it wasn’t always in her room.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

I would love a show with Carson and Thom just walking around NY and commenting on various topics and talking with people.

And maybe going into homes and advising people on their decor ; drawing up a makeover would be cool. 

The designs are not my style. I need calm, books,  and space, and a craft table. 

• Love 5

Thom's color palette is up my alley, for the most part. I love greys with hints of color, but where he loses me is in the editing. Sometimes with his reveal I want him, or someone on his team, to treat the accessories like jewelry. "You know the old saying, before you leave, take one off"? Before you reveal the space, take one vase away. 

• Love 7

As someone that just had a gently used antique piano worked on, it is very time consuming.  The big "harp" with all the strings has to go to the shop for weeks.

A piano beat to hell like that one doubtfully could ever be refurbished well enough for the touch & sound to satisfy a prodigy.

Carson was cutting the picture mats himself for the bunnies.  He used a little gizmo and it looked easy.  Anyone know what that was or have experience with it???  I tried something years ago and it was difficult to use & did not do a nice job.

• Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, Door County Cherry said:

I finally got caught up with this episode (Mr. Chat accidentally deleted it from the playlist.)  She said she wanted a unicorn mural, and although she said she liked the wallpaper, I thought it was too juvenile for her.  She'll outgrow it quickly.  They could've come up with something less cartoon looking and done a more modern unicorn mural (I think!) 

While I appreciate Carson's DIY efforts, I think the covering for the piano bench won't last long either.  The wear and tear of the daily use will probably loosen those staples quickly.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

appreciate Carson's DIY efforts, I think the covering for the piano bench won't last long either.  The wear and tear of the daily use will probably loosen those staples quickly.

If he used upholstery staples it should be fine that’s how fabric is attached ro things like that. I recovered my dining chairs which get daily use for 10’plus years and are fine.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

If he used upholstery staples it should be fine that’s how fabric is attached ro things like that.

That's good to know.  I couldn't tell how heavy-duty that stapler & staples were.  Hopefully he used the correct thing!   I do like Carson's can-do attitude, even when he makes an ugly coat rack here and there!  That one in the dentist's office was terrible! 

• Love 1

I've regularly recovered dining room chairs and bench seats using a decent heavy duty stapler for years.  It's a simple fix that can change a room.

On another note, on tonight's show Carson used wallpaper to cover the brass switch plate.  Did this all the time when I had rooms that were wallpapered.  However, instead of using the exacto knife to cut out the opening, I would do an 'x' and fold the wall paper to the back of the switch plate and trim accordingly.  Looks much better and finished.

I liked the Edge Water home more than I though I would.  Orange is not my color.

As for the Bronxville house, painting the trim that blue in the dining room just didn't work for me.  I would have much preferred white like the living room.  I did like the wallpaper.  I do find Thom's rooms to be a bit cluttered but in any event I so enjoy this show.  I hope it's been renewed.

• Love 7

Still love Thom and Carson, but all the blue paint in that historic Bronxville house- on the stairs, the trim, the fireplace, the radiator, the wall sconces - almost made me want to cry. And what was that humongous, 5 foot, streaky brown vase thing next to the fireplace?  It didn't seem to serve any purpose except take up space. It all reminded me of being young during the 1970's, moving into that first affordable apartment, and wondering what the previous tenant was thinking.  Except this was no tenement apartment where the previous tenants were stoners. I can't believe that with $100,000 to spend that this was the one time they ran over budget!

I thought the $12,000 re-do in Edgewater was much more chic. I also liked the couple and enjoyed the husband's low key sense of humor.

• Love 4

So far we all agree that dark blue paint on the trim, fireplace, etc. was horrible.  For a second there I thought the homeowner was going to cry...or maybe I was just projecting??

IMO, the wallpaper would have looked a LOT better against the white wainscotting, etc.

• Love 5
On 12/16/2018 at 8:59 PM, Shadow Wave said:

That may be fine if it's just for decoration, but the daughter was an accomplished pianist. A lot of old pianos won't stay in tune even if they haven't been abused (assuming it was any good in the first place). I can see that thing going out as fast as it was brought in. 

Yes, this. I was thinking will they tune that janky piano? CAN they tune that janky piano? Carson and Thom were concerned with how trashed the piano looks, but how about how it plays? Even after the refurb of the keys, you could see during the reveal some of them were hanging low or stuck down. This little girl is a concert pianist! I found a gorgeous old carved piano for free on Craigslist and paid to move it to my tiny log cabin in the bush. My beautiful old piano has a few mushy keys and one completely dead key, but I am playing just for me and the dogs. Anaya needs a real working piano. I know she has a practice piano in her bedroom, but if they are going to use up that much space for a baby grand in that narrow living room, the bloody thing better work.

I loved Carson's comment that the brownstone looked like "a small regional airport". Ha! I agree with an above poster who suggested Attika should have been provided with a real old school dad chair/recliner. Attika is a big dad who wants/needs a big dad chair. The chair they chose is beautiful but doesn't do the job. Attika seems like such a sweetheart and he got shafted in the reno.

• Love 7

I loved the Edgewater dining room. Carson was right - it looked like a landing before, and after they were finished with it it was warm and homey. I thought the paintings in the living room were gorgeous, so I loved that they were the inspiration.

Not a fan of the blue paint in Bronxville, especially on the stairs.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

So far we all agree that dark blue paint on the trim, fireplace, etc. was horrible.

I pretty much liked everything except the blue paint.  Argh!  It didn't look good against the wallpaper or anything else in the room.  If that was my house, there would've been very clear instructions not to paint the woodwork!   I was waiting for them to bring out the big fake horse, or some other large animal for the foyer!

I liked the dining room in the other house, but $12,000 for one room?  Wow!  That's way above my boujet!  As a person with "beige-orama" taste, I liked the color they painted the dining room.   I do love seeing other people's homes with the bold colors, but for me and Mr. Chat, colors in the neutral/beige tones are more soothing to us, but I try to incorporate some bold colors in the accents of each room.  About as bold as I've painted is a smoke blue/gray for a spare bedroom which is actually a little office!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I pretty much liked everything except the blue paint.  Argh!  It didn't look good against the wallpaper or anything else in the room.  If that was my house, there would've been very clear instructions not to paint the woodwork!   I was waiting for them to bring out the big fake horse, or some other large animal for the foyer!

I think a navy blue would have worked, because it is more of a neutral, but the blue Thom choose was too bright.

• Love 3

I could never relinquish full control to a designer (inside or out) to redo my humble abode.  That's not an insult to any designers out there, but the odds of someone else picking out everything to my taste would be slim, as I assume would be the case for most folks.  I mostly need someone to step in and look at what I've got, then help me group said items in a way that would be aesthetically pleasing.  I don't won't to have to "get" what it is the designer is shooting for.  

I love original wood trim in homes, so painting it white would be a big step for me (even though I like it too,) but painting it any other color (Smurf blue) would be a big 'ole NO WAY from me!!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I could never relinquish full control to a designer (inside or out) to redo my humble abode.  That's not an insult to any designers out there, but the odds of someone else picking out everything to my taste would be slim, as I assume would be the case for most folks. 

And that's not the way most designers work.  I don't think there are many clients who relinquish full control to their designers.  I don't even think that's the case in this show.  My guess is there is a lengthy consultation about the owners' likes and dislikes and may even involve a lot of purchasing that isn't shown on this show.  That's not to say there aren't owners who say "do whatever you want" but that's probably rare.  And people with money to burn when they get tired of their decor. 

There is good news and bad news.  The good news, there was wallpaper in this episode that really fit.  The bad news, it was the yellow paper in the dining room that was replaced.  It's not that I didn't like the gray textured paper but it, with the blue paint, just made the otherwise bright room feel dark.  I feel like that paper would have been better in the foyer. 

And is it just me, but I feel like all of the big houses seem to have similar dining rooms?  Enter the house, and to the left is a long dining room with a long dining room table.  

I did love the orange dining room. It's hard to believe it was $12,000 but I think it's the one room in this series that was just right.  Nice bold color.  Not too much clutter.  And it fit with the rest of the beige house. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

And that's not the way most designers work.  I don't think there are many clients who relinquish full control to their designers. 

I guess I've been watching too many home renovation shows in which it appears that the designers had more say-so than what they really did!  I've seen some of the behind-the-scenes footage of Fixer Upper, and they go into more detail about meeting with the clients with each step of the renovation.   Seems to me that Thom has said on several occasions for the client to trust his vision, so from that I may have wrongly assumed that he made more of the design decisions than I thought.  Some of the décor items (rocks, horses, etc.) do seem to be what Carson & Thom have chosen though.  I wonder if the clients take any of those items back.  

• Love 2

Bronxville - While I appreciated the paint color in the dinning room which was dramatic I would have gone with a clean crisp white. The wallpaper scared me originally but seen it all up it really did turn out nice. There was a lot going on with the mixed styles of furnishings and design which made it too busy.  The big ugly urn next to the fireplace was just, um, ugly!! The chaise lounge was $5250. I’m pretty sure Target would have one cheaper. LOL!!! The foyer was ugly but the painted staircase looked nice. The living room looked fine but was way too cluttered. They went over budget at $101,000. Overall, it was a needed change but not their best work. I liked the homeowner. She seemed pleasant enough. I love seeing the rich people. How the other half lives which I’ll never know or see but willing to find out. 

Edgewager - I thought the orange color was perfect and really made the dinning area look like it’s own separate room. The curtains were a nice touch but they looked like they were bulging on the rod. Maybe, the fabric was too heavy for the rods. It looked like an ordinary 3 level townhouse but I’m sure it was in the millions. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2

I thought the In Style woman had a very Sarah Jessica Parker vibe. Did she say that house had NINE bedrooms? 

Though they looked good, I don't like the idea of painted stairs. I just can't imagine the paint won't get easily chipped or scratched up.

• Love 3
On 12/23/2018 at 3:59 PM, ChitChat said:

I could never relinquish full control to a designer (inside or out) to redo my humble abode.  That's not an insult to any designers out there, but the odds of someone else picking out everything to my taste would be slim, as I assume would be the case for most folks.  I mostly need someone to step in and look at what I've got, then help me group said items in a way that would be aesthetically pleasing.  I don't won't to have to "get" what it is the designer is shooting for.  

I love original wood trim in homes, so painting it white would be a big step for me (even though I like it too,) but painting it any other color (Smurf blue) would be a big 'ole NO WAY from me!!

I would let Hillary Farr from Love It or List It  do any room in my house. ...her designs are beautiful. Never saw one that i did not like.  Very classy, light, clean......

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 4

Bronxville:  they couldn’t use some of the $100k to replace the light switches & plates?  Also the owners really need to find some money to work on the landscaping of that home. 

How do all these rich people live in a home for years with nothing unpacked or decorated?  They must pack everything up before Carson and Thom arrive, right? 

• Love 2

If they are not required by the script to pack it all up, then the only thing I can think of is that these people may have this, "If I don't know what to do with it, I'll do nothing!"

I love Carson and Thom, but I do wish we could get fewer rich people and more "regular" people. I just bought a chair from Target and it's gorgeous! $130! The items they buy on this show are SO very expensive! If you're an average joe, you really can find nice stuff from Target, Cost Plus, Pier One, etc. I have used Wayfair and they are also fairly priced.

• Love 8

Omg! 

Remember the hideous huge Brown leather designer sectional sofa that the family refused to let Thom recover? I just saw one on "Sherlock". The evil genius he is after had one in his house. It was white leather and looked amazing in the ultra modern round room it was in. I had to go back three times to look at it. 

Wow!

Not the best pic. IMDB has a better one but it wouldn't copy. 

Sherlock-Season-3-Episode-3-42-4b1c.jpg

Edited by Reality police
Add pic
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

was white leather and looked amazing in the ultra modern round room it was in. I had to go back three times to look at it.

There is also this show called OPen House NYC, that shows high end real estate not just in NY, that had that couch also refinished in a deep blue and looked stunning as well. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, cpcathy said:

If they are not required by the script to pack it all up, then the only thing I can think of is that these people may have this, "If I don't know what to do with it, I'll do nothing!"

I love Carson and Thom, but I do wish we could get fewer rich people and more "regular" people. I just bought a chair from Target and it's gorgeous! $130! The items they buy on this show are SO very expensive! If you're an average joe, you really can find nice stuff from Target, Cost Plus, Pier One, etc. I have used Wayfair and they are also fairly priced.

I would love HGTV to do a show - or maybe they do - where you see a decorator put together a room out of a big box store or even up to Pottery Barn/Ethan Allen. I remember Thom saying something back in the Queer Eye days about how he was so happy working for the guys because they were happy he got them something from Pottery Barn while his main clients were always going on about problems with the switchplates not being straight (although this last house - those switches looked like they were from the 70s! Is Hillary from Love Ir or List It going to be there next and find the dreaded knob and tube wiring?).

• Love 1

I finally saw this and agree with everyone about that shade of blue.  There are so many to choose from.  The woman's taste was mid-century kitsch so maybe he went with that.  The wall paper was pretty bad.

Carson - if you are going to cover the switch plates with wall paper, the trick is to match the pattern to what's on the wall so that they vanish into the wall.  If my mom can do it, you can too.

The Indian couple's room looked great.  I thought it was hilarious that she was going on about all the beige, and she was dressed in an all beige outfit.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Pegasaurus said:

That made me laugh as well.  Beige & beige.

On another note;   Yesterday's Rose Bowl Parade - Carson, all dressed in gorgeous, spangly, western wear,  was proudly riding a beautiful horse with a group that was representing a horse ranch in Scripps Ranch.   Scripps Ranch is a community within San Diego.  Carson looked great and, because I live in the Scripps Ranch area, I was especially proud to see him!

Sorry I missed that.  Way to go, Scripps Ranch. 

Waves hello - I live in North County (Oceanside).

• Love 2

So this week's show was on Thursday. Maybe most people missed it, since there haven't been any comments, but I thought it was one of the funniest episodes yet, and, as a bonus, the makeover they did on the tiny apartment was awesome. The paint choice at the suburban home was surprisingly good, too. 

This show is being misserved by Bravo, which needs to stop moving it around randomly and maybe do some repeats during the week. It's so much better than their other programming, it's as if they don't know what to do with it. 

• Love 2

It certainly isn’t being well served!  I missed it in spite of trying to find it on the schedule.  I am (was) enjoying it, too.

These forums are making it hard to find shows, too.  Too many subsections and “everything else” threads.  “Where’d my Show Go” is no help either - TMI.

• Love 2