Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Let This Mother Out

• Start Topic

On 24/11/2018 at 6:57 PM, Esmeralda said:

You're right about that.  But as a whitelighter, in the latter seasons he never did check with the Elders, which was supposed to be his prime function - acting as a messenger between them and the Charmed Ones.  I preferred that (especially if it meant we hardly ever saw him) than as a magical taxicab (I preferred when he/Paige could only orb one person by hugging them like he did with Piper in Season two) and magical doctor (I would've preferred it if they actually had to suffer from their injuries - it made that, like death, practically meaningless which is why I was glad they changed it so he couldn't heal the dead.)  Harry appears to be a messenger, but more.  and as you said, they're giving him a personality and backstory right away.  But that makes sense - Leo was never supposed to be a regular until the actor playing Andy decided to leave, while Harry was from Day One.  I still wish they hadn't made him a whitelighter.  With what they've turned Elders into (which I prefer over the classic ones.), them being able to turn dead people into whitelighters makes absolutely no sense.  That's one of the few things that makes sense on the classic version.

Oh no, I understand all of that. 

I just found it odd that you say magic doctor/taxi was all Leo was in 4-8. When really that was more the early seasons, when he served the necessity of the plot. Whereas later on he became a functioning character who quite often drove the plot, or at least, added something to it.