Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Gods and Monsters

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

On 10/21/2018 at 12:12 PM, Dobian said:

This show has been really good over the years with well-written domestic scenes, usually between Sam and Dean.  But this wasn't one of them.  "Kelly hasn't been in touch with us in a long time, guess because of her top secret government project!"  "Oh she had a baby?  Well isn't that special!"  "You don't know where she is now?  Oh well, do you want something to drink?  You look so much like her!"  This, um, is not how parents react when a total stranger walks into their house unannounced to update them on their missing daughter having their grandchild.

Yes! The scene made no sense from their perspective. I rolled my eyes when they said he looked like her. What? Who would say that? The entire scene was written for the benefit of Jack with no thought as to how her parents would act. It might have made slightly more sense if they thought she was dead.

On 10/23/2018 at 6:41 AM, devlin said:

This ep felt like a mish mash of shows. The nick scenes were extremely boring and didn’t feel like supernatural at all. I don’t have an emotional connection to this character and couldn’t care less about his journey. The sam/Mary/bobby scenes lacked an intensity and weren’t riveting at all. The jack scenes felt like some teenybopper show which is something I didn’t sign up for. Cas was just flitting round like he didn’t belong on the show. 

Agreed. Cas wandered around listening sympathetically, Nick was boring, and apparently the Michael possession is just . . . Over. What?

1 hour ago, The Companion said:

Yes! The scene made no sense from their perspective. I rolled my eyes when they said he looked like her. What? Who would say that? The entire scene was written for the benefit of Jack with no thought as to how her parents would act. It might have made slightly more sense if they thought she was dead.

Yeah, that was pretty stupid.  It would have been different had Jack been a girl and was basically a Kelly mini-me.  

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Yeah, that was pretty stupid.  It would have been different had Jack been a girl and was basically a Kelly mini-me.  

Except having a daughter gone radio silence for a year or two wouldn't make them think a YA mini-me would have anything to do with her.  Maybe the child of a long-lost relative.  

1 hour ago, The Companion said:

Agreed. Cas wandered around listening sympathetically, Nick was boring, and apparently the Michael possession is just . . . Over. What?

I keep wanting to make some comment on this without being too spoilery or bitter.  Maybe, "welcome to the new normal"?  

Edited by ahrtee
rephrasing
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

xcept having a daughter gone radio silence for a year or two wouldn't make them think a YA mini-me would have anything to do with her.  Maybe the child of a long-lost relative.  

Oh, yeah, I didn't mean that they would think it was her child.  I'm just saying that if she looked *exactly* like her, a comment would be more expected.

2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Oh, yeah, I didn't mean that they would think it was her child.  I'm just saying that if she looked *exactly* like her, a comment would be more expected.

I'd think they'd start digging out the family genealogy records to try to figure out if he's/she's related. ☺️

But IA with @The Companion.  It made no sense at all from the parent's perspective.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ahrtee said:

I keep wanting to make some comment on this without being too spoilery or bitter.  Maybe, "welcome to the new normal"?  

I have nobody to blame but myself. I have been warned that this season is not  going to be my favorite. 😬

2 hours ago, ahrtee said:

I'd think they'd start digging out the family genealogy records to try to figure out if he's/she's related. ☺️

But IA with @The Companion.  It made no sense at all from the parent's perspective.  

I am sort of giggling to myself now imagining dropping by a co worker's parents place and having them pull out baby pictures and talk about how much I look like him. That is so deeply weird. They really should have had the parents believe she was dead. It would have made somewhat more sense. Not total sense, but maybe some sense. 

• Love 1