Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

It was obvious as soon as the NYC agents parted company with that special squad that this was a spin-off. Was a bit of a gore fest, too. Loved it when then custodial at the cemetery approached the madman swinging a pickax at a tombstone with a "Stop, you can't do that." Usually works with mad men with pickaxes. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

They just should have left Alans de la Garza as Connie an ex DA and judge now FBI. A character just to announce that the FBI had a most wanted list? I remember that being at the end of the Efrem Zimbalist Jr, show, but I guess The F.B.I. isn't even on the oldies stations

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mojito said:

madman swinging a pickax at a tombstone

Matthew Lilliard swinging a pickax at a cheap mockup of a tombstone was actually hilarious. The tombstone broke apart like it was made of cardboard.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I had to laugh at the death of the cemetery custodian. He was so stupid that I just couldn’t feel sorry for him unlike the other victims. 

And Matthew Lillard weeping on the ground with a missing arm is comedy gold.

Edited by Xantar
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 3/31/2019 at 10:44 PM, shksabelle said:

I like Sela Ward as an actress, and she is a beautiful woman 

But the fact that her face is so frozen that her expressions are limited to that semi-squint when she is being “serious” really detracts from her acting. 

Botox can do that to ya'

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Jeebus.  That wasn't a back door pilot.  That was a front door pilot.  We see Maggie, OA, and the team only at the very start, then Maggie strides in at the very end.

I'm cautiously optimistic.  If it is scheduled at a convenient time, I'll watch FBI:  Most Wanted.  If it isn't, I'll probably forget about it.

Nobody has commented we had double Cullens on the show last night!  And neither one turned sparkly....

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Oh goodness.  I like Julian McMahon quite a bit, but did it seem like he was at times using some kind of weird, vague accent?  I have no problem with his character being from a place where he would have an accent, but I felt like I heard it come and go inconsistently with a slight drawl of some sort??  His last name is LaCroix, so I guess??

I don't expect much insight into characters in one episode (besides the obvious lead(s)), but Kellan Lutz's character was completely disposable.  All he did was talk about good buffalo wings in Buffalo.  And be the subject of some inane, though I assume it was real, story about coming back from a recent injury with a falling refrigerator he tried to catch??  I hope they give him something more substantial if/when this is ordered to series.

Is baiting the fugitive to come to a home on a 30-acre estate a good tactical idea??  OK I totally understand not baiting him to a populated place, but it just seemed like a lot can go wrong on 30 acres.  And why did LaCroix ask for the "shorty" which must have been the (sawed-off?) shotgun?  Did it make tactical sense to choose that weapon in that tightly enclosed hostage situation, or was that overkill?  When they actually showed Matt Lillard wailing with his arm shot off, I was like, "holy shit, this IS a 9 pm show, isn't it??"  Even though it was an hour of recurring gore, that was just.  Something else.

I also did not understand for the life of me why Kellan Lutz (character name escapes me because they showed him for 5 seconds) needed to edit pieces of the video to play over the phone, and they were waiting on him to finish.  Matt Lillard doesn't know what his mom sounds like?? I thought the last time he spoke to her was on his 18th birthday, which was, what, 30+ years ago?  And the lady is/was 72 years old - she's not necessarily going to sound the same way as when she was late 30s/early 40s, even if he does remember exactly what she sounded like.  They could have just had someone pretend to be her, calling him Tommy and saying she was sorry.  It's not like they needed to have Venutti's voice, which Matt Lillard would recognize.

Reading this back I feel like ... I paid way more attention to this show than it deserved ... but I'll still watch it next season, hahah.  I don't usually use ?? as punctuation but I guess this episode pulled it out of me.  More than Maggie's tres casual work attire and the alternating hyper-judgmental opinions of Maggie and OA.  And more than Jubal's bullpen yelling??!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

So is FBI done now?

I think it is done for the season ("The Code" is replacing it). It will be back next season, along with its spin-off "FBI: Most Wanted" (or whatever they are calling it).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, illdoc said:

I think it is done for the season ("The Code" is replacing it). It will be back next season, along with its spin-off "FBI: Most Wanted" (or whatever they are calling it).

The season finale of FBI is May 14th.

• Useful 1
21 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Jeebus.  That wasn't a back door pilot.  That was a front door pilot.  We see Maggie, OA, and the team only at the very start, then Maggie strides in at the very end.

I'm cautiously optimistic.  If it is scheduled at a convenient time, I'll watch FBI:  Most Wanted.  If it isn't, I'll probably forget about it.

Nobody has commented we had double Cullens on the show last night!  And neither one turned sparkly....

I missed the other Cullen.  Probably because I was more than a little distracted by how close Matthew Lillard and Peter Facinelli looked here.  They looked like genuine brothers.  It doesn't help that I recognized Lillard right away and then didn't see his name in the cast (I'm sure it was there, and I just missed it), just Facinelli's.  So the whole time I'm trying to figure out if I've lost my mind and he was supposed to be Facinelli.  Then when Facinelli showed up, I figured it out.

Also, while Twilight wasn't my thing, it was in my social group.  So I knew all the actors and their faces (possibly their life stories).  Also, the entire plot, quotes, and favorite scenes.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, kirkola said:

I missed the other Cullen.

That would be Kellan Lutz, who played Emmet Cullen, one of the vampire brothers.  He was the quiet and superfluous guy on the FBI team who manipulated the old lady audio to trick Matthew Lillard.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:22 AM, Xantar said:

I had to laugh at the death of the cemetery custodian. He was so stupid that I just couldn’t feel sorry for him unlike the other victims. 

I know!  Who walks up to an obviously enraged man hacking away at a gravestone marker with a pickax?  In what world does that end well?  Death by Stupidity is what that is.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

Poor Maggie couldn't talk her way into teaming with LaCroix. Probably the first time she was denied. Did she invite herself at the end?

Very nice tribute with the massage parlor stuff in honor of Robert Kraft! Very touching (No pun intended)!

The look on that girl's face after she was told Gilman was taking antibiotics for an STD was priceless. 

What's with LaCroix and honey? 

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 3

Mrs. Torqy and I recognized the Robert Fisher headline rip-off instantly, although it's an 18 year old headline. (If you live in Arizona, you've heard it all before.) Plot cribbed from news articles almost word for word right up until the beating of the second massage parlor woman.

I called the back-door (or front-door) pilot as soon as LaCroix appeared.

(edited)
5 hours ago, FinnishViewer said:

She asked LaCroix to include her for the take down in the beginning, after he rejected her request to come along for the hunt.

(Seconds before they raided the house) LaCroix said to Maggie: I am glad Jubal let you come.

Maggie responded: was I supposed to tell him?

I'm guessing LaCroix never called Maggie specifically when he requested for backup FBI. She just came on her own to remind him it's her show.

5 hours ago, torqy said:

I called the back-door (or front-door) pilot as soon as LaCroix appeared

They dropped a lot of clues earlier with Jubal saying "I know which one I want leading the hunt" or the ASAIC needing to explain the history and statistics of the fugitive task force at the press conference.  

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 4/5/2019 at 7:51 AM, FinnishViewer said:

That's a strange thing to say, or is Jubal Maggie's and OA's boss?

According to Wikipedia his title is "assistant special agent-in-charge". I guess she just showed up without being told.

• Love 1

OA, a tip. In case you ever want to help your friend buy meds for his sick mom? Accompany him to the pharmacy. Jeesch. Pretty dumb for an fbi agent.

And Jubel? You are only about 2 IQ  points higher. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

So, all-knowing OA gets bilked by his friend the addict for $2k. That scenario puts him in the FBI ("Friend But Incompetent") category. Anyone who didn't see that coming is a moron.

• Love 9

I would have thought OA would have at least checked it out about Juan's mom or as Preeya said, gone to the pharmacy with him. 

I thought Jubal should have been removed from the case but I did like the bantering between him and OA. 

• Love 4

I think this was addressed somewhere but what is the hierarchy in the office: I’ve always assumed the Sela Ward character was in charge, but sometimes Jubal acts like he is. Then last night they were all arguing as if no one was in charge and Sela Ward had to be made to make a decision. Doesn’t seem like the way the FBI should be run. Hotch would never put up with that. Hell, he got mad if Prentiss and AJ were talking before the meetings started. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, SamBeckett said:

I think this was addressed somewhere but what is the hierarchy in the office: I’ve always assumed the Sela Ward character was in charge, but sometimes Jubal acts like he is. Then last night they were all arguing as if no one was in charge and Sela Ward had to be made to make a decision. Doesn’t seem like the way the FBI should be run. Hotch would never put up with that. Hell, he got mad if Prentiss and AJ were talking before the meetings started. 

Yes, Sela Ward is top dog and Jubal is her assistant.

According to Wiki:

Jeremy Sisto as Jubal Valentine, FBI assistant special agent-in-charge

Sela Ward as Dana Mosier, FBI special agent-in-charge and the team's supervisor

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The bad guy's plan left a lot to be desired. Did he think the diplomat was just going to stand there and wave bye-bye as his suitcase was stolen in front of his nose? Not to mention all the cameras and security at the airport. Each time the bad guy needs to smuggle drugs, isn't it going to be obvious that the diplomats from China keep getting mugged for their suitcases?

Why didn't the chinese drug operation have the translator deliver the drugs in her suitcase instead of passing to the diplomat? 

It's always a meet at a club where trouble begins!

Morris took his time bringing up Trevor's name as the other cab driver. 

So the FBI could ignore Morris' illegal gun if he cooperates or they can throw him in jail if he doesn't. Morris should have a tough time trusting Jubal again.

For a "major" drug operation only Tayo and one guard outside were there? 

Tayo gave Morris two bags but Jubal flushed one down the sink. I coudn't tell by the dialogue: did Morris use the other? Jubal knew he gave him drugs, why didn't he or another agent check him for the drugs at the scene before letting him go home?

Maggie calls for all units to move in but we see one SUV pull up to the back. Where were the rest of the "units"?

When Jubal, Maggie and OA left the van, the sidedoor was open. I hope when they returned, it was stolen or stripped.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, rhys said:

Officer West is moonlighting?* That took me out of the episode for a bit.

*from The Rookie

I thought that was the same guy! (I stopped watching The Rookie after a few episodes.) I liked this one. Thought it was a good idea to split up Maggie and OA. I liked her substitute partner but I was sure he was going to be shot any minute. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, rhys said:

Officer West is moonlighting?* That took me out of the episode for a bit.

*from The Rookie

Probably weighing his options if The Rookie doesn't get renewed.

He actually was better as an agent than a rookie cop.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1

I was a bit confused about that guy too.  I wouldn't think that they would just pull some guy out of white collar crime and stick him out in the field at a moment's notice.  I thought he had a red shirt on, too.

As badly as other shows portray the FBI (I'm looking at you, Blacklist and Enemy Within), this show goes the other way, with the agency violating every principle of the 4th Amendment and, in OA's case, basic human rights.  While I'm not rooting for the putative bad guys to win, it's more than a little disturbing that the show's producers are putting this out there as acceptable.

Please stop shouting at the staff, Jubal.  They aren't going to work any faster at data research just by you shouting "C'mon, people, let's move."  At least some of the serfs get a line or two during the episode.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I liked Maggie with the inexperienced agent (ha!  "Officer West")  I also liked Maggie's last scene with the recipient of her husband's heart.  That scene was really well done, and well acted.  They did a really good awkward blind date vibe segueing to something else bait and switch too.

• Love 4

I thought it was hilarious when they got camera footage of the suspect and then ran facial recognition to compare him to 9 pictures on their watch list. As if you would need a computer to tell you, “Which one of these 9 people does he look like?” Extra points because some of the photos had very different complexions and would have taken all of two seconds for a human to eliminate. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I thought this episode was really slow and I admit, I did fast forwarded some scenes. 

I did think that was West and I liked him as her partner. 

So after all that the patient dies because the heart wasn't compatible. 

• Like 1
(edited)

For all the hype Jubal gave to Zev for his assasination skills, he didn'tlive up to the claim this episode (off his game). Bad Plan A with sniper attack. Was planting the bomb Plan B or C? Just leave the bomb and don't bother go upstairs! How long did he set the timer? 3 hours? And he failed leaving town!

I guess he'll be glad to know the doctors did the job for him. 

At least the save went to the "cross your fingers" bomb tech instead of Maggie or OA.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
On 5/4/2019 at 1:02 PM, mxc90 said:

At least the save went to the "cross your fingers" bomb tech instead of Maggie or OA.

A bomb tech surrounded by FBI agents for no reason.  Raise your hands if you think you’d just stand there and watch while she disarmed the bomb and then while she just watched the timer count down?  Anyone?  One of the stupidest scenes I’ve ever seen in a TV show. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Wasn't there only like a minute on the timer? Where are they going to go?

Presumably as far away as possible down the corridor they just came in thru.  I’d be willing to bet every foot away you can get would help 

• Like 1

Who was the killer of the FBI brother?  Our service cut out the last 7-10 min.

I figure it was the widow because she kept popping up and she knew things she shouldn’t have.  Also she had a line early in which she said she was sorry, but made it vague, like she was sorry for her grief.

46 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Who was the killer of the FBI brother?  Our service cut out the last 7-10 min.

I figure it was the widow because she kept popping up and she knew things she shouldn’t have.  Also she had a line early in which she said she was sorry, but made it vague, like she was sorry for her grief.

Yep, I thought it was going to be the wife, too. Nice misdirection, show! Plus red silk thread sounds like it would be from a blouse not a satchel/briefcase.

• Love 1

I'm two minutes in, the victim says "oh it's you, you scared the hell. . . .Bang, Bang, Bang.

Then the wife shows up all hysterical.

My money is on the wife as the shooter.

35 minutes ago, preeya said:

I'm two minutes in, the victim says "oh it's you, you scared the hell. . . .Bang, Bang, Bang.

Then the wife shows up all hysterical.

My money is on the wife as the shooter.

OK, I was wrong about the wife being guilty as the shooter, BUT she sure was guilty of being a bad actress.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5