Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Acting Assistant Director in Charge? 

Could the FBI possibly use a dumber title?

Well since the FBI thinks New York rates an Assistant Director and not a mere Special Agent in Charge that is  what you are left with.  I agree just Special Agent in Charge, even in an Assistant Director's position rolls off of the tongue better 

• Love 1
(edited)

They had hours before the bombs were set to explode. Are they not portable? Couldn't the BOMB SQUAD have transported them and thrown them into the ocean???

ETA: Actually, Maggie and OA could have taken them to Mexico and placed them in Vargas' house. 

Edited by preeya
added comment
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 5/25/2021 at 8:00 PM, mxc90 said:

There must be a running joke with the writers to have a person run and be caught. Vince had no reason to run at all when Scola and Tiffany approached him. And the jerk just went home, didn't notify the authorities and let the men get killed. 

They could avoid all that running in the first place if they didn't announce themselves to the person they are trying to arrest/bring in/talk to when they are 60 to 100 feet away from them. Usually the person is not even paying attention to them and they can get much closer before it becomes a thing. But they just shout "FBI!' when they are far away and a chase ensues, purely for dramatic chase scene effect I am sure.

Another Alana versus a master criminal who pre-sets bombs to protect himself in case he gets caught. Oh show, you can do better than this.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

They could avoid all that running in the first place if they didn't announce themselves to the person they are trying to arrest/bring in/talk to when they are 60 to 100 feet away from them. Usually the person is not even paying attention to them and they can get much closer before it becomes a thing. But they just shout "FBI!' when they are far away and a chase ensues, purely for dramatic chase scene effect I am sure.

It happens on every FBI/COP show all too often. Another one  is when a perp flees in a car and the Cops/FBI never shoot out the tires. These two situations irk me to no end.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, preeya said:

It happens on every FBI/COP show all too often. Another one  is when a perp flees in a car and the Cops/FBI never shoot out the tires. These two situations irk me to no end.

Any real officer shooting at tires will be hauled before his professional responsibility or commander's office for dismissal real quick 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Raja said:

Any real officer shooting at tires will be hauled before his professional responsibility or commander's office for dismissal real quick 

What about cops dragging some random, passing, civilian motorist guy out of his car to give chase?

O Movie Gods! Please! Just one time! Let the civilian be a 5th Dan black belt karateka, and have him kick the cop's ass from here to Hickie!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't know if it is just because he is so tall, but the actor who plays OA never looks comfortable with his movement to me.   I also find him a little wooden. I am glad they are giving more time to the second team of the new agent and her partner.  The fact that I can't remember their names......ugh. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

I don't know if it is just because he is so tall, but the actor who plays OA never looks comfortable with his movement to me.   I also find him a little wooden. I am glad they are giving more time to the second team of the new agent and her partner.  The fact that I can't remember their names......ugh. 

That's Scola and Tiffany.  I love that they're getting more screen time.   I was getting tired of OA and Maggie.

I really don't like Rina and hope she doesn't wind up being a regular.  I have to admit that I'm not fond of Isobel either but she's a hell of a lot better than Rina.   I do like Jubal so I'm OK with him having a little  romance in his life.  Unfortunately, I don't think it will end well.

• Love 5
On 5/26/2021 at 1:10 PM, Dowel Jones said:

I was thinking sniper shot once they exited the building, or a hitman on the street.  Then they would have their cliffhanger ending.

My thought exactly. I was sure that she was going to be killed as the final shot of the season.

Sigh.  Another show I used to kind of enjoy and now hate watch. (The other half sat through Pose and The Nevers, so this is part of the pay-back). 

The FBI has turned into the typical Dick Wolf melodramatic/soap opera slop.  PLEASE!  Just give us cases of the week and spare us the love lives and angst of the agents involved.   I can't stand Rina, and I'm hoping that she catches a very fast bullet next season.  I find it hard to believe that if it became office knowledge that she and Jubal were having an affair, that one of them wouldn't be transferred somewhere else.   Rina was already putting Jubal on the spot with his loyalty to Isobel.  So he's sleeping with his boss' boss and this isn't going to end well.   And as far as Isobel goes, in real life, if you were passed up for that kind of promotion, anybody with half a brain would be looking for another job because you just hit a brick wall in this one (and going at 90 miles an hour at that).   

Call me a curmudgeon, but I just can't believe how really bad network TV has become in 2021.

• Love 4

I only watch sporadically, so I’m not very familiar with Rina, but in that last scene she acted crazy!  Very bizarre....maybe she was going for sexy, but it seemed rather unhinged to me.  Lol

There is something I like about this show though, but not as much as FBI Most Wanted.  

12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

There is something I like about this show though, but not as much as FBI Most Wanted.

FBI: MW has been moved from a forum (something which has sub-forums, in this case individual episodes) to a topic (like FBI) If you have/had it marked on your homepage, check to see if it is still there or if you need to re-add it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, illdoc said:

FBI: MW has been moved from a forum (something which has sub-forums, in this case individual episodes) to a topic (like FBI) If you have/had it marked on your homepage, check to see if it is still there or if you need to re-add it.

My FBI Most Wanted link is gone from my homepage and when I search for it, I get nothing.  Can someone please post a link?

At the bottom of your homepage (just above "beyond tv shows"), there's a link that says "EASILY CUSTOMIZE YOUR TV SHOW SELECTIONS FROM THE TV SHOW INDEX". Click it, and you'll see the list of all tv shows. Find the "F" and just click on the "FBI MW" (and "FBI International") tab. You'll get a pop-up that says "follow" (with or without notifications).

50 minutes ago, illdoc said:

At the bottom of your homepage (just above "beyond tv shows"), there's a link that says "EASILY CUSTOMIZE YOUR TV SHOW SELECTIONS FROM THE TV SHOW INDEX". Click it, and you'll see the list of all tv shows. Find the "F" and just click on the "FBI MW" (and "FBI International") tab. You'll get a pop-up that says "follow" (with or without notifications).

Thank you.  If you hadn't told me it was there, I wouldn't have found it.  The font is so tiny.

42 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Thank you.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Is anyone else excited for the shows return tonight? I’m looking forward to the 3 hour FBI crossover event tonight.

I am!  I thought I'd love the Most Wanted version, but it was a distant second for me over the original FBI.  Hoping for a winner with FBI International.  We shall see!

• Love 1

Description of the season premiere, and the first of a 3-way crossover with FBI: Most Wanted and FBI: International, airing tonight:

S04.E01: All That Glitters (1):

After a young woman is killed on her way home from a lavish yacht party, the team investigates who she was and how she came to be at the event, which was attended by some of the most influential people in the world. Also, Maggie brings Crosby into the investigation after a murder suspect is identified as a veteran who had been on several Army operations with Crosby.

• Love 3

So here are my thoughts on hour one - I’ve just watched it, and I’ll post my thoughts on hour 2 on the MW thread and hour 3 on the International thread. 

Good start with the murders in Budapest and in NYC.

Great to see all the characters back!! I liked Jubal telling Elise it was good she was back, that was a nice moment.

A very complex investigation but I liked it - I called the woman who hosted the party on the yacht and her boss as villains from the start, but I’m not sure what role they are playing or who the ultimate villain is.

I liked seeing Kenny brought in from MW, and I didn’t see it coming that he would get shot. Jess snapping at Maggie was totally uncalled for, Crosby would’ve gotten involved whether Jess had been notified or not.

Not enough Scola/Tiffany. They seemed to take a backseat in this one, they did get an entertaining scene where they questioned the douchebag movie director, but they weren’t in this one much.

I was very surprised when the teenager died, I thought they would save her. I was also shocked when Tate was killed, I thought he would be the ultimate villain they were pursuing, but with him dead, who was behind that? It’s clear Tate hired the ex army guy to kill the girl and her pimp and the guy in Budapest, but now who killed Tate? I look forward to seeing what’s really going on here.

Overall a compelling start to the season, I really like this show and I’m glad it’s back with all of the characters returning. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I used to like this show, but I'm getting fed up to here with Dick Wolf shows in general.  

No shock to me that the 15 year girl was killed because, Dick Wolf show.  She was playing for pay so she was going to pay for that.   These Dick Wolf shows are both prurient and hand-wringingly moralistic - kind of reminds me of reading about the B movies where the wages of sin was usually death but the movie goers got to see all the fun stuff that sin was about.   

And we also have the "ripped from headlines" currency.  Just this morning there was something in the NY Daily News about 2 women suing some billionaire capital investment guy claiming that Epstein had set them up and they were raped and sexually abused.   Made me immediately think of this FBI episode.   In real life, he won't be shot in the head and fly off the top of a high rise like in our fantasy tv show.  

• Love 1

FBI International ?!?? What, like "Team America: World Police" you mean?

Next week, Scotland Yard International will deploy a team of armed personnel on US soil without bothering to liaise with anyone in the USA. And the Yemeni CSF International  will do rhe same. And US government and law enforcement will be just fine with that.  Because if they can operate globally and ignore the sovereignty of every other nation in the world, they won't object if other nations do the same to them.

Right?

• Love 2

I didn't like this episode at all.    It was too predictable and I'm tired of the subject matter.  Every TV show has done a version of Jeffrey Epstein's trafficking theme involving eastern Europeans.  Three crossover shows in a row was overkill.  I watched two and fell asleep during the third one.  I don't even care how it ended.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

And we also have the "ripped from headlines" currency.  Just this morning there was something in the NY Daily News about 2 women suing some billionaire capital investment guy claiming that Epstein had set them up and they were raped and sexually abused.   Made me immediately think of this FBI episode.   In real life, he won't be shot in the head and fly off the top of a high rise like in our fantasy tv show.  

Well, Jeffrey Epstein did die in jail under questionable circumstances (suicide or murder?) as with this guy, who the stylists made to resemble Epstein. So. Yeah.

I watched just the FBI portion. I think? I streamed it today, and it seemed a little long, and then I was told I needed to do something else to watch the rest, so I think I saw 10 minutes of part 2. 
Yawn.

9 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

I used to like this show, but I'm getting fed up to here with Dick Wolf shows in general.  

No shock to me that the 15 year girl was killed because, Dick Wolf show.  She was playing for pay so she was going to pay for that.   These Dick Wolf shows are both prurient and hand-wringingly moralistic - kind of reminds me of reading about the B movies where the wages of sin was usually death but the movie goers got to see all the fun stuff  that sin was about. 

Not just Dick Wolf. This has been par for the course since 1970s shows.
But you're not wrong in your critique. 

• Love 1

We could have saved 3 hours if Curt the assassin didn't kill Nicole on Federal property. If only he had handled his business a few blocks up and the NYPD would have been clueless to solve this. 

It was funny seeing Nicole take a few steps and thought she gave him the slip.

Jess' blame on Maggie was little off. First, he should blame the agent with the "photographic memory" to remember Crosby's military unit/give him a call and then he should have blasted both Maggie and OA for not backing up Kenny. They were right behind Crosby as he sped off to catch Curt and were no where to be found as Crosby was in a stand off with Curt, and then got shot. Did Maggie and OA stop off to pick some fruit leaving Crosby alone? Or was their SUV not in good condition for off road drive?

I give Julia's friend Sophie credit for not spreading gossip around school that her friend is "with" old men. But she wasted no time blabbing to the FBI about it.

Poor Elise must have been banished out of the JOC for a long time. 

Not sure why Curt's sweaty friend decided to run from the FBI as he wasn't the one they were after.

Did the agents not hear the gun shot before the man came falling down? They didn't go and search the building immediately to find the shooter. 

4 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Not sure why Curt's sweaty friend decided to run from the FBI as he wasn't the one they were after.

Curt’s friend was a recently released offender who rightly (probably?) assumed he was violating the terms of his parole by working on some shady stuff. 

10 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Curt’s friend was a recently released offender who rightly (probably?) assumed he was violating the terms of his parole by working on some shady stuff. 

He said he was on probation (didn't say for what for) and answers the phone for CW Solutions (supposed a security firm). Just tell them that and have the FBI come back with a warrant if they want to search the place. He crumbled.

• Useful 1

Crosby, ya big lunkhead, don't you know basic police procedure? When confronting an armed suspect who has just fled the scene, you are supposed to have your gun out and pointed at him. I don't care if he was your best friend, let alone someone "I barely knew".

And LaCroix, it was Jubal who ordered Maggie to contact Crosby directly. If you have to yell at someone, go take it up with Jubal.

Team Most Wanted not starting out the new season strongly.

• Love 2

S04.E02: Hacktivist

Airing tonight, September 28, 2021:

Maggie, OA and the team must stop a hacker who is disabling life-saving equipment in several New York City hospitals, while demanding a full investigation into the recently deceased patients of a local psychiatric facility. With Jubal’s son waiting for important surgery at one of the impacted hospitals, Jubal’s adamant about remaining involved in the case despite Isobel’s reservations.

Isobel tells Rina: Jubal running point at the hospital could be complicated because his son is there and she tells her he'll be fine. Then she's at the hospital, sees Jubal close to losing it, then she's concern for a minute and does nothing about it.

Is Rina necessary for the show? Having Isobel be the boss of Jubal/JOC is plenty enough. Now we have the boss of Isobel to take screen time.

Tiffany couldn't tell the guy on the bike to get of the way. She just tossed Jason right on him. Poor man had to pickup all the cans he collected.

Jason Cook is a worthless ass. Not one hospital but six. He couldn't think this is wrong, refuse and go to the police. The show dismissed him way too quick. I need to know that he got at least 30 years in prison.

Lydia annoyed me!!!!! She probably could have solved this on her own. Not even Jubal's plea could move her. I'm glad she got charged. Too bad someone had to die for this to happen.

The show needed to establish time. One scene Jubal is a the psych hospital and John was there. Next scene, Jubal has the files and then Elise mentions "John called out sick today". How many days has passed?

The FBI needs to run an investigation on the director of the psych hospital bad dye job.

Scola looked like he was going to blush when Tiffany claimed she would have shot the kid to save him

I liked that it was Tiffany and Scola and not Maggie and OA for the final take down.

I guess the show thought it would have been odd to end with Jubal hugging his ex wife about their son. Instead he's hugging Rina.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 7

I liked this one - wild plot, we had a hacker plus an “angel of mercy” killer. Plus I like Jubal a lot and I always like when he takes center stage, it was compelling to see him deal with his range of emotions during the episode.

I didn’t feel much sympathy for Lydia, she endangered numerous lives and her actions caused the death of an 11 year old, she did exactly what she claimed she wanted to stop - she put innocent people in danger and wound up killing one. I do wonder if she would have a viable psych defense at trial, she was somewhat unhinged but she did carefully orchestrate the cyber attacks. Either way hopefully she is locked away for the rest of her life, and I was annoyed with Maggie feeling sympathy for her at the end, Maggie is very compassionate and I like that about her but Lydia didn’t deserve a break.

And that Jason dude was a grade A moron or a greedy bastard, instead of contacting the police or simply refusing to do it he decides to install a virus on hospital computers and then plays dumb about the whole thing. Fuck him.

I called John as being a villain the minute he stepped into his boss’ office, it was very obvious he would play a large role and the boss was just too obvious a suspect to be the guy.

I really liked that Scola and Tiffany got a major focus in this one after barely being present in the premiere - I loved how Scola put his gun down and tried talking to the psychotic guy, he probably saved his life, a more trigger happy law enforcement officer would’ve shot him. Scola/Tiffany don’t get enough screen time and I think I like them better than Maggie/OA, so I liked that they were the ones who got heavier screen time tonight.

It wasn’t smart to let Jubal in the interrogation room, but I totally understood why Jubal wanted to be there, and I liked how he tried to reason with her instead of immediately getting angry, but Isobel was right to pull him out when she did.

Very glad Jubal’s son is okay, but I agree the episode should’ve ended with Jubal and his ex wife, not Jubal and Rina, while I don’t dislike Rina I don’t think she adds a lot to the show either.

Overall a very solid episode with a compelling storyline and a nice feature for Jubal. 

• Love 6

I don't see the need for Rina - in this episode, Isobel took over a lot of Jubal's usual job while Rina seemed to take over Isobel's. (As an aside, I saw that NBC is rebooting the original Law and Order. I hope that they do not move the actress who plays Isobel back to Law and Order and leave us with Rina.) 

I thought this episode was interesting. Less OA - after his big opening week - and more Scola, which is always good. 

I, too, called the murderer 5 seconds after we saw him in the office. Too obvious. 

I also like how they use the featured players in the JOC. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LisaM said:

I don't see the need for Rina - in this episode, Isobel took over a lot of Jubal's usual job while Rina seemed to take over Isobel's. (As an aside, I saw that NBC is rebooting the original Law and Order. I hope that they do not move the actress who plays Isobel back to Law and Order and leave us with Rina.) 

Well Law & Order pulls some tricks Ms Rubirosa has already been moved to a LA County Deputy DA and then back to New York as an Assistant US Attorney.

I see no upside for de la Garza  to make a lateral move

• Love 1

Also, they can't transport the kid to another hospital and (the only reason) they can't do the surgery because they can't access the AB blood. Could they possibly contact another (unaffected) hospital (are there only 6 hospitals in NY? After all, only 6 were affected) anywhere and have some blood brought in???? 

Edited by illdoc
Got my "FBI"s mixed up. *This* one was in NY. MW was in DC
  • Love 3

"Uh oh, someone's been writing to the hospital director about the murders I've been committing and now the FBI are here investigating. Do you know what would be an absolutely brilliant idea? Instead of changing my identity and moving to a different hospital like I did before, I think I'll just kill some more patients while the FBI is hyper-focused on this case." Of all the brilliant serial killers out there, this guy definitely wasn't one of them.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I felt sorry for Lydia up to a point. Once they told her they were investigating her friends' deaths, she should have given up. However, you could see that her mental health issues impacted her judgment and it was made even more clear when they brought her to the body of the killer and she didn't believe them and thought they were playing her to just get her to give it up. It did make me wonder why the FBI didn't try staging something like that to get her to give up.  

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, GiandujaPie said:

I felt sorry for Lydia up to a point. Once they told her they were investigating her friends' deaths, she should have given up. However, you could see that her mental health issues impacted her judgment and it was made even more clear when they brought her to the body of the killer and she didn't believe them and thought they were playing her to just get her to give it up. It did make me wonder why the FBI didn't try staging something like that to get her to give up.  

Excellent question! 
They could have had some fibbie pose as the captured serial killer to get her to undo the hack.

The writing (and acting, directing, etc.) did an otherwise good job of making me really concerned about Lupo's/Systo's/Jubal Valentine's kid's dying without giving me time to dwell on all of the "why don't they just...?" questions asked upthread.

Anyway, in my mind, Lydia, the mentally ill malware coder, is going to get a heavier sentence than if she had cooperated earlier on, and she is going to be made aware of that, and part of the terms of her sentence includes sticking with a mental health program. However, I also have no faith that such a truly effective program of meds and/or therapy exists for her at this time. ☹️

And since they're charging her with murder, based on what I learned from the school of L&O (not the same one Lupo attended) Lydia the Hacktivist will get to serve time in a mental institution as long as she sticks to whatever regime they prescribe, and will be eligible for parole in 12 years or so if the doctors agree and if the dead girl's parents don't fight it very hard.

But never mind all of the above, because the writers instead tied it up in a bow with this dialogue:

• What's gonna happen to Lydia Ryan?
  • She was right. Somebody was killing those patients.
  • I know, but she shut down six hospitals, Maggie.
  • Well, I'm not saying give her a pass, but I think that we can talk to the U.S. attorney, at least ask for leniency.
  • Actually, that ship has sailed.
  • Why?
  • An 11-year-old girl just died an hour ago of a collapsed lung. The hospital staff didn't catch it in time because her monitors weren't working. We're charge Lydia Ryan with murder.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Excellent question! 
They could have had some fibbie pose as the captured serial killer to get her to undo the hack.

The writing (and acting, directing, etc.) did an otherwise good job of making me really concerned about Lupo's/Systo's/Jubal Valentine's kid's dying without giving me time to dwell on all of the "why don't they just...?" questions asked upthread.

Anyway, in my mind, Lydia, the mentally ill malware coder, is going to get a heavier sentence than if she had cooperated earlier on, and she is going to be made aware of that, and part of the terms of her sentence includes sticking with a mental health program. However, I also have no faith that such a truly effective program of meds and/or therapy exists for her at this time. ☹️

And since they're charging her with murder, based on what I learned from the school of L&O (not the same one Lupo attended) Lydia the Hacktivist will get to serve time in a mental institution as long as she sticks to whatever regime they prescribe, and will be eligible for parole in 12 years or so if the doctors agree and if the dead girl's parents don't fight it very hard.

But never mind all of the above, because the writers instead tied it up in a bow with this dialogue:

• What's gonna happen to Lydia Ryan?
  • She was right. Somebody was killing those patients.
  • I know, but she shut down six hospitals, Maggie.
  • Well, I'm not saying give her a pass, but I think that we can talk to the U.S. attorney, at least ask for leniency.
  • Actually, that ship has sailed.
  • Why?
  • An 11-year-old girl just died an hour ago of a collapsed lung. The hospital staff didn't catch it in time because her monitors weren't working. We're charge Lydia Ryan with murder.

You are forgetting the federal enhancements for the crimes 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Except that it would require someone to stay still, not breathe, and maintain a complete lack of facial movement the entire time.  Hey, wait a minute.  OA, get over here!

• LOL 5

Description of S04.E03: Trauma

Airing October 5, 2021:

After the team finds a connection between bombings at government agencies and a private veterans’ club in New York City, Isobel tells OA to recruit his former Army buddy, Chris, for intel since he spends time at the club. However, knowing the difficulty soldiers like Chris often face returning to civilian life, OA is reluctant to follow orders.

• Useful 1

According to Rina: "This is a Win/Win". Sure not for Chris. Too bad for him. I had a feeling trouble was coming for him when he was told the story and without hesitation accepted the mission.

At the end, was Hawthorne planning to fight/kill Chris and then die by OA shooting him? He was done either way. He had the gun pointed at Chris and somehow it didn't fire. 

Also all that time during the standoff, where did Maggie go? Did she go to the restroom? Take a tour the bar/look at the pictures on the wall? 

Earlier at the FBI building, Rina is standing behind OA to make sure Isobel pushes him. At the end after disaster happens, she's no where to be found as Isobel has to be the one to talk to OA. Rina is an ambitious snake. Can't trust her. Go back to DC!

Scola saved the day within 25 seconds. Too bad for his nice suit.

Pretty low for Davis to a bomb is kid's back pack.

The ATF agent has tattoos on his neck. I thought that wasn't allowed.

Mr. Maxwell's neighbor is one nosy person. She knew his visitors and what time he goes grocery shopping.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4