Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I understood why Isobel reprimanded Scola, but she just came across as an uncaring ice queen. She comes across that way a bit too often IMO.

I did like that Isobel checked in with Jubal about his son and seemed concerned for him.

Could she come across like this to you, and possibly others, because she's a woman? I have, like every other human being, had to deal with unconscious bias that has led me to take a deeper look at how women are perceived vs how men are. 

On 5/11/2021 at 10:53 PM, mxc90 said:

Plank leaves his apartment angry the night before, his computer has been on all that time placed on the table/chat open/picture of the next target to be read/seen the next day by the FBI..

This show takes a lot of shortcuts to get where it wants to go - - but an online stock trader type person leaving a computer out in the open ... and the computer never going to sleep and requiring a new log in ...  ??  That's just lazy writing.

So Scola made a lot of money and still decided to go work for the FBI???!!!

Another head-scratcher.  If Scola wants to "do good" and has a serious amount of $$, it would seem more likely that he would use it to put himself into a more influential position that just an FBI field agent.  It would be like a rich person who wants to help animals and decides to get a job as a veterinarian's assistant at the local clinic -- but nothing more.  Scola should maybe watch 'The Equalizer' (also on CBS  :-)

I am not sure what Jubal was expecting to hear when he went to talk to the kidnap victim/Kix founder.  It seemed very naïve of him.  If he were to ask a faith healer, in private, if people were really being cured,  would Jubal expect a confession that the entire practice was a sham? 

(edited)
On 5/13/2021 at 11:45 AM, shrewd.buddha said:

So Scola made a lot of money and still decided to go work for the FBI???!!!

Another head-scratcher.  If Scola wants to "do good" and has a serious amount of $$, it would seem more likely that he would use it to put himself into a more influential position that just an FBI field agent.  It would be like a rich person who wants to help animals and decides to get a job as a veterinarian's assistant at the local clinic -- but nothing more.  Scola should maybe watch 'The Equalizer' (also on CBS  :-)

I used to silently resent coworkers who claimed they were only working so they wouldn't sit home and watch soap operas, because I felt like I was competing with them for jobs they didn't need  --oddly, over time we often became friends.
But that doesn't sound like a TV show characterization to explore, does it? 
Maybe Scola is going to fund Leukemia research for Jubal's kid --lots of potential drama there.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1

I thought this was a good episode and was glad to see Scola and Tiffany get the bulk of screentime.  I enjoy them much more than I do OA and Maggie.  

• Love 3

It almost looked like there was an untold story back at Kix Bio.  Maybe that Financial Officer saw an opportunity to move up the ladder if her boss got killed.

Maggie and OA get an entire SWAT team to enter the sniper's house, but after the FBI figures out that he's out to get someone else, specifically the other blogger, Scola and Tiffany are left on their own.  Not even police department backup.

(edited)

Lately, Maggie has shown her special ability to detect trouble in people immediately. First her sister and now Elise. 

I'm sure Elise isn't the only person in the JOC that is stressed and is hiding it. Her only mistake was getting an address wrong??!!! Now Elise has learned the hard way to never tell Maggie anything.

Could the local news wait until the episode ended before all the facts were gathered about the restaurant shooting??!!! Mrs. Travers was already under the assumption Olson's death was racially motivated!

What is Jubal going to do? Demote her to the desk that assigns cars to the agents?!!

I understand Grimes didn't stay to talk to the authorities because he didn't have a gun permit in NYC but why didn't he just tell the restaurant worker that he saw the shooter and was going to engage (he probably wouldn't believe him but at least someone would have known). Also, stop wearing camouflage. You're in NYC, dress to impress.

Maria (the boss) has been kidnapped and the Fraudster employees are going business as usual. Exposing people is a priority! 

The 2 FBI shows are showing the damages from the internet (message boards or fake picture) but they have been letting the posters/companys off the hook in their story telling.

So Maria just had Neil's name and address handy to tell Bob and the photos were easily found out to be fake through a quick look from the FBI??!! Bob's lawyers couldn't get this info from her and analyze the pictures for his case?

"Our users can post anything they want and we're not responsible". Good job Fraudster! The death of those people means nothing to them! 

The shooting at Neil's apartment was weird. Scola and Tiffany are in the hallway and there's two shots but when they walk into the apartment, Neil is on the ground, shot to the leg and Avery no where in sight (as if he knew the FBI were going to walk in seconds before). Then we see Avery down the hall in the bathroom shooting at Scola and Tiffany (maybe firing a gun caused him to pee). Seems the agents should have walked in and immediately engaged Avery.

Also, if Neil is the person who sent the fake pictures/the source of Bob's anger from the start, how is Neil still breathing? Just a shot to the leg is his punishment? Maria and Olson got worse!

Why is Elise not reporting to Jubal about Avery heading to the school even if it contradicts NYPD's intel and she had proof with footage? Is she afraid of Jubal? 

Could Josh think of the hostage first and pretend to talk to his father in order to save her. Selfish! Maybe could have gotten a date down the line!

Maggie could have gotten the girl killed by the way she rushed at Bob.

They are already going for drinks. They don't need to write a report? 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Grrarrggh said:

She didn't rush at Bob until the girl was completely out of the area.

Not that part.

Earlier. She moved in and then Bob put the gun to the girl. He was proven to be unstable and Maggie could have provoked him to shoot.

Edited by mxc90
34 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Not that part.

Earlier. She moved in and then Bob put the gun to the girl. He was proven to be unstable and Maggie could have provoked him to shoot.

He had the gun to the girls head the entire time, from when he grabbed her til he let her go. Maggie didn't rush him, she walked towards him to talk without shouting from a football field away.

This was another good episode - there was a lot of good investigation in this episode from everyone which I enjoyed a lot.

I liked that the hate crime/political aspect turned out to be a red herring, and the real motive was different. This was a really good plot with some surprising twists. 

I didn’t feel any sympathy for the killer, none of the people he killed had done anything wrong, I understand his anger but once he killed innocent people he lost whatever sympathy I had for him. I hope that asshole that set him up because he was jealous of his success does prison time, he set the whole thing in motion, I was glad Scola talked about what a piece of shit he was at the end.

Regarding Elise, Maggie should’ve gone to Jubal immediately IMO, if Elise hadn’t screwed up, they might’ve been able to save Maria and catch the killer. She should’ve been taken off the case immediately after that. I was glad that Maggie confronted her at the end and told her to talk to Jubal.

Isobel was barely in the episode.

Overall this was a strong outing for the show, I found the plot to be one of the season’s best, very intricate and well done, and while I wasn’t sure I liked how the situation with Elise was handled until the end, I did like a background character getting some focus. Let’s hope the show ends the season on a strong note next week!!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Also, stop wearing camouflage. You're in NYC, dress to impress.

Maybe his job interview was with the NRA.

I feel for that tactical unit.  They must sit all day long, wearing that heavy assault gear, only to be called out repeatedly for situations all over New York, and end up doing nothing.  OA and Maggie, or Tiffany and Scola always go in before they do.

• Love 3

Here is the synopsis for next week's episode (maybe the finale? Not stated, but likely...), S03.E15: Straight Flush, airing on May 25, 2021:

When five prominent men are killed at a trendy New York City restaurant, the team’s investigation brings them into contact with a lieutenant in Antonio Vargas’ cartel, triggering a long-awaited showdown between Isobel and Vargas.

4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

When five prominent men are killed at a trendy New York City restaurant, the team’s investigation brings them into contact with a lieutenant in Antonio Vargas’ cartel, triggering a long-awaited showdown between Isobel and Vargas.

Given that Vargas is going to be the headliner next week, I wonder if the Elise subplot this week was a way to remind viewers of what Vargas did to her?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Could the local news wait until the episode ended before all the facts were gathered about the restaurant shooting??!!! Mrs. Travers was already under the assumption Olson's death was racially motivated!

Actually, this is exactly how the media reacts to events (particularly violence) these days-look for a potential controversy, and report that immediately, even though so often the initial info was wrong. I appreciated this realistic take on modern 'journalism'.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 5/5/2021 at 1:22 AM, Dowel Jones said:

I look at that office and wonder how they manage to keep that many analysts busy all the time.  Sure, Jubal's got a few of them running background checks (of dubious legality, but, hey), but there's gotta be 25 other people in that office.  Sometimes it's fun to watch the background characters do whatever they do, instead of the leads.

On 5/5/2021 at 7:21 AM, mxc90 said:

I believe they share the office with Homeland Security. 

Some of those analyst are busy trying to make sense of the other field office's work/cases (i.e. WTF are the agents doing on "the Blacklist", making sure there aren't any tattoos left on Jane that went unanswered or having to answer phone calls about "little green men" from nervous people who recently viewed Fox Mulder's Youtube video).

I would love weird asides like that about the other analysts. Something like "Hey, can you work on your lifestyle blog when this crisis has passed."

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, illdoc said:

It's officially "Dick Wolf Tuesday"---FBI is moving to the lead-off spot, followed by the new FBI: International, ending with FBI: Most Wanted.  https://tvline.com/2021/05/19/dick-wolf-cbs-fbi-nbc-one-chicago-nbc-law-order/

Yeah I saw. Can’t say I like it, but NCIS just might beat the other Monday night shows. With the exception of MNF lol. 

This is basically an experiment for the FBI tv series. If they succeed, the CBS will win 4 of the 7 prime time evenings via ratings/viewers (Sun, Mon, Tues, Fri).

(edited)
16 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Lately, Maggie has shown her special ability to detect trouble in people immediately. First her sister and now Elise. 

I'm sure Elise isn't the only person in the JOC that is stressed and is hiding it. Her only mistake was getting an address wrong??!!! Now Elise has learned the hard way to never tell Maggie anything.

What is Jubal going to do? Demote her to the desk that assigns cars to the agents?!!

I understand Grimes didn't stay to talk to the authorities because he didn't have a gun permit in NYC but why didn't he just tell the restaurant worker that he saw the shooter and was going to engage (he probably wouldn't believe him but at least someone would have known). Also, stop wearing camouflage. You're in NYC, dress to impress.

Maria (the boss) has been kidnapped and the Fraudster employees are going business as usual. Exposing people is a priority! 

The 2 FBI shows are showing the damages from the internet (message boards or fake picture) but they have been letting the posters/companys off the hook in their story telling.

So Maria just had Neil's name and address handy to tell Bob and the photos were easily found out to be fake through a quick look from the FBI??!! Bob's lawyers couldn't get this info from her and analyze the pictures for his case?

"Our users can post anything they want and we're not responsible". Good job Fraudster! The death of those people means nothing to them! 

The shooting at Neil's apartment was weird. Scola and Tiffany are in the hallway and there's two shots but when they walk into the apartment, Neil is on the ground, shot to the leg and Avery no where in sight (as if he knew the FBI were going to walk in seconds before). Then we see Avery down the hall in the bathroom shooting at Scola and Tiffany (maybe firing a gun caused him to pee). Seems the agents should have walked in and immediately engaged Avery.

Also, if Neil is the person who sent the fake pictures/the source of Bob's anger from the start, how is Neil still breathing? Just a shot to the leg is his punishment? Maria and Olson got worse!

Why is Elise not reporting to Jubal about Avery heading to the school even if it contradicts NYPD's intel and she had proof with footage? Is she afraid of Jubal? 

Could Josh think of the hostage first and pretend to talk to his father in order to save her. Selfish! Maybe could have gotten a date down the line!

Maggie could have gotten the girl killed by the way she rushed at Bob.

They are already going for drinks. They don't need to write a report? 

As they say on those loud commercials: "But wait! There's more!" 
Seriously *eye roll*
Just regarding the camouflage-wearing shooter --and, yes, camouflage in the city??? :

• [Camouflage Guy in FBI custody] I'm not the bad guy here.

• [OA] Okay, seven people were shot. Four are dead, so I'm curious. What would it take for you to consider yourself a bad guy?

• [Camouflage Guy] I didn't hurt any of those people. I was trying to help them, to save them.

• [OA] So you're a good guy with a gun, just trying to be a hero?

• [Camouflage Guy] I saw a guy killing people, and so I drew down on him. I took a shot. I tried to help.

• [OA] Then why'd you run?

• [Camouflage Guy] I don't have a permit to carry in New York, and I can't catch a felony right now. . . I saw a shady guy pull a gun, and yeah, of course I drew my weapon. What am I supposed to do? Just sit there and not help?

• [OA] So let me get this straight. You fired your weapon inside of a crowded restaurant to help people?

• [Camouflage Guy in FBI custody] Yeah, and I had a clean shot, too, until that idiot grabbed my arm and threw off my aim. Then the real shooter saw me and fired back. And I got out of there fast.

Did they just let Camouflage Guy go???
According to every show of L&O I've ever seen: "If someone gets killed during the commission of a felony, that's Felony Murder." And, in this case, the guy who went to the restaurant only to kill his ex-boss, wound up shooting the other 7 people (killing 3 of them in addition to his target) while he was trying to take out Camouflage Guy (who was himself committing a felony by having a concealed weapon in NYC), but, being a lawyer rather than a camo guy, the guy who was intent on killing people because they fired him for faked reasons was a terrible shot in a crowded restaurant and wound up killing 3 more people because he was aiming at Camo Guy brandishing a gun.
Is that right? 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I'm sure Elise isn't the only person in the JOC that is stressed and is hiding it. Her only mistake was getting an address wrong??!!!

Initially I thought it was something more sinister--like Elise was trying to steer the FBI away from a family member of hers or something like that.
Nevertheless, getting the address wrong because you're stressed and while working in an FBI center that seems to have emergencies every week is a bigger deal than getting the email address wrong on, say, an interlibrary loan request.🔅
Specifically, in this case, because Maggie and OA went to the wrong address:

• Someone got kidnapped
  • Someone else got shot
  • The perp got away

Although the kidnapped person was freed and the perp was eventually caught, I was left thinking that the bystander with a bullet in his leg would not be too happy if he knew the FBI would have likely been there in time to prevent his getting shot if they had been given the correct address.

In episode 5.1 "Products of Discovery" of The Closer, both the perp and the cops got an address wrong (the FBI got it right). In that case, the hit-person mistakenly killed a mother, a grandmother, and 2 kids because of an address mix-up similar to the one in this episode of FBI. Interestingly, the cops going to the wrong address is what caused Brenda of The Closer to consider that the perp might have been at the wrong address too, which led to the discovery of the correct address, and ultimately to the bad guys.

🔅 Before I retired as an academic librarian, I frequently had reason to say I was so glad I wasn't a brain surgeon. Maybe I should have said FBI dispatcher. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Nevertheless, getting the address wrong because you're stressed and while working in an FBI center that seems to have emergencies every week is a bigger deal than getting the email address wrong on, say, an interlibrary loan request.🔅

• Someone got kidnapped
  • Someone else got shot
  • The perp got away

Although the kidnapped person was freed and the perp was eventually caught, I was left thinking that the bystander with a bullet in his leg would not be too happy if he knew the FBI would have likely been there in time to prevent his getting shot if they had been given the correct address.

Agree with this 1000%.  I was saying to Maggie on the TV -- "you have got to tell TPTB about this now".  I couldn't believe her initial response with OA was to basically "let's let it go" and protect Elise from repercussions -- what happened to the folks mentioned above was VERY serious and life-threatening.  There was quite an effect to Elise getting the address wrong.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Initially I thought it was something more sinister--like Elise was trying to steer the FBI away from a family member of hers or something like that.

• Someone got kidnapped
  • Someone else got shot
  • The perp got away

In episode 5.1 "Products of Discovery" of The Closer, both the perp and the cops got an address wrong (the FBI got it right). In that case, the hit-person mistakenly killed a mother, a grandmother, and 2 kids because of an address mix-up similar to the one in this episode of FBI. Interestingly, the cops going to the wrong address is what caused Brenda of The Closer to consider that the perp might have been at the wrong address too, which led to the discovery of the correct address, and ultimately to the bad guys.

🔅 Before I retired as an academic librarian, I frequently had reason to say I was so glad I wasn't a brain surgeon. Maybe I should have said FBI dispatcher. 

Except in this episode the kidnapped person was not freed, she was killed by her abductor, so Elise getting the address wrong possibly cost that woman her life. So I thought Maggie should’ve immediately reported Elise’s mistake to Jubal and had her taken off the case, because she wasn’t mentally fit to be working on it. That’s why I was unhappy with how Maggie initially did nothing about it even when they found the woman dead. I was glad Maggie forced her to talk to Jubal at the end but she should’ve been taken off the case and suspended. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Except in this episode the kidnapped person was not freed, she was killed by her abductor, so Elise getting the address wrong possibly cost that woman her life.

Oy, too many kidnappings and shooters and red herrings for me in one episode!

• Love 3

I may have missed it but I don't recall anyone referencing Elise having gone through therapy after her trauma with the bomb.  The FBI and all law enforcement agencies require it whenever an agent/officer has a traumatic experience.  

Did I miss it?  Or wasn't it mentioned?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I may have missed it but I don't recall anyone referencing Elise having gone through therapy after her trauma with the bomb.  The FBI and all law enforcement agencies require it whenever an agent/officer has a traumatic experience.  

Did I miss it?  Or wasn't it mentioned?

It wasn’t mentioned. Maggie told Elise the FBI had resources to help her but nothing was mentioned about her going to therapy. 

• Love 1
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

It wasn’t mentioned. Maggie told Elise the FBI had resources to help her but nothing was mentioned about her going to therapy. 

Thank you!   I thought so but wasn't sure.  Sometimes I'm watching but not paying attention.   That's why I like watching shows on my DVR instead of watching live.  Rewind and Fast Forward are my friends.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
(edited)

I reject that there is any such thing as Hate Speech. Unless you define it as "Something I say that you just hate," in which case it can't be illegal, except in a totalitarian state. Because if you say "That's Hate Speech", then I hate that, which makes you a Hate Criminal as well... Infinite regress.

OA: "Can you explain this?!??"
NF: "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Scola: "ERT found different types of shell casings. Two are from a 9mm which matches his weapon. All the others were from a .40 caliber from the back of the restaurant, fired from a different gun." Which needs to be said, because in ScolaWorld, it's possible to fire 9mm and .40 cal. from the same gun.

Come to think of it, 9mm guy was only there so the writers can show that law abiding gun-owners are all really bad guys as well...

This episode was entertaining despite plenty of bullshit remarks and behaviour. I felt sorry for the shooter, because his life was essentially destroyed by some blue checkmark on a Social Media platform which hides behind section 230 and does just whatever it wants, without consequences. But once the guy started killing people, especially people who had nothing to do with his downfall, he left himself no leg to stand on, morally or ethically. Gotta say the kid was harsh, tho, refusing to see him.

I laughed at The Shouter on hearing that the company refused to grant access, immediately wanting to know if they'd had any success illegally hacking their way in. Don't think that this is just Hollywood. This is exactly like the real jackboots in action for real.

9mm-vs-40cal.png

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, FinnishViewer said:

Getting the address wrong could get someone killed.

Getting the address wrong did get somebody killed. 

But it was a simple mistake, and people make mistakes. I don't think someone can be held liable for trivial errors like that, even if they do lead to a fatality in the long run. 

Where I think Elise can be admonished, is if she knew her performance was compromised, and continued working anyway. And it is fair to say she may not have realized her work was suffering until some incident (like this one) brought it abruptly to her attention. There have been times when I was at a low ebb emotionally (death in the family, for example) and never the less, continued working, while It may have been wiser to take a break from work and get my head back into a good place.

I think Maggie has as much to answer for. Not for failing to immediately tattle on her co-worker on a suspicion, but for not taking matters in hand as soon as the address error lead to the shooting and kidnapping. She should have shut down OA with a simple "I'll deal with it," and then dealt with it. Which, admitedly, she did in the end, but perhaps more immediacy next time?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Netfoot said:

But it was a simple mistake, and people make mistakes.

I don't think it was a simple mistake. Not in that role and profession. There are higher bars for people in certain professions and roles.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, FinnishViewer said:

I don't think it was a simple mistake. Not in that role and profession. There are higher bars for people in certain professions and roles.

The question then becomes who is ultimately responsible the victim of terrorism or the agents in charge who had her return to full duties? In any case I would  expect the US Attorney to settle the civil suit out of court.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Raja said:

The question then becomes who is ultimately responsible the victim of terrorism or the agents in charge who had her return to full duties? In any case I would  expect the US Attorney to settle the civil suit out of court.

I think whoever signed off on her returning to work after the bomb incident is partially responsible.  The FBI and all law enforcement agencies require their agents/officers to see a psychiatrist and get a clearance before returning to duty after such a traumatic experience.     Aside from that Elise is the most responsible.  She had to know she wasn't 100% and should have told Jubal. And then there's Maggie............

• Useful 2
(edited)

Grateful the season finale didn't end on a cliffhanger and Nestor never returned (Bonus).

Poor Elise. White Collar must be a low painful place to be. She looked depressed.

There must be a running joke with the writers to have a person run and be caught. Vince had no reason to run at all when Scola and Tiffany approached him. And the jerk just went home, didn't notify the authorities and let the men get killed. 

Jubal was so nervous of possibly jeopardizing his opportunity to get in Rina's pants by helping Isobel.

3 bombs placed in GCT for two months. So much for security checks. 

For Rina to be Acting in Charge, she should have been more hands on earlier if the DC people are worried about Isobel handling the case. A lot decisions were made by Isobel and she was upset to not be informed any time. 

Rina goes to tell Isobel: Vargas isn't bluffing. As if she was expecting Isobel to be shocked that her interrogation failed. 

Vargas has a friend at the cell company to check the GPS on Rojas' phone the night of Felix's death  and couldn't bother check to see it has been in the FBI office for a while to sense he met with them.

Maggie was holding that phone for a while in the corridor to not be found by anyone. What were the two Vargas's guards doing? Making a sandwich?

Vargas' guards at his home in Mexico and Pablo the cook better leave town with their families immediately for their epic failure. Pablo is dead either way if he didn't say anything and OA let word out he spoke to the authorities.

All Vargas had to do was to have his son's body brought to Mexico, send a hit on Rojas and never place foot in the U.S. The arrogance of this man.

At the end, phony Rina walks in to Isobel's office with smiles as if they are best pals and there was no tension between them.

Ugh! More Rina next season. Unless Isobel leaves the show, we will have her bossing Isobel. Then Isobel to boss Jubal and the agents.

What's with the bad color and lighting on OA and Maggie is Mexico. Is this required on shows when trying to portray Mexico?

Jubal is off duty and still had the communication device in his ear making out with Rina. I hope other agents heard them go at it. That relationship won't end well.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 8

I liked the episode pretty good, I’m glad the finale didn’t end on a cliffhanger and that they were able to capture Vargas and put him away.

However Vargas was a bit too much of a supervillain for my taste, I just don’t care for supervillains and so I’m glad that storyline is done.

I actually like Rina and I think she has good chemistry with Jubal and everyone else, so it doesn’t bother me that she will be around some. I do wonder about Jubal having a relationship with a superior, I don’t know if that’s exactly ethical and Jubal is a by the book guy, hopefully it won’t become a soap opera and I liked the season ending on Jubal and Rina.

The one thing I was unsure of - what was Rojas’ motive for killing Vargas’ son? Did Vargas order the hit for some reason (I don’t think he did based on their interactions in the car) or was this a payback killing by rivals of Vargas? Did I miss something? And wasn’t it odd that Rojas wore gloves and a mask to commit the murders but somehow left his fingerprints on the watches? I wish they had come up with a better way for them to tie Rojas to the murders.

Overall I was satisfied with the season finale and I’m glad it didn’t end on a cliffhanger and ended on an up note (and bonus points that Nestor is apparently gone for good!!), there were a few issues with the story but it was a decent episode.

Season 3 was a pretty good season, I don’t think it was quite as good as season 2 but it was still solid, I enjoy the show and look forward to season 4!!

• Love 3

Vince got his stupid sign early on when he dumped the bicycle to try and out run out intrepid agents.

Are FBI agents allowed to bring their weapons into Mexico with them?  And that was a pretty fast flight to get down there.

Same solution as last time:  Cuff Vargas to one of the bombs, and tell him to figure it out himself.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Same solution as last time:  Cuff Vargas to one of the bombs, and tell him to figure it out himself.

I am sure that would be illegal in a dozen ways, plus the possibility that the bombs go off anyway and a major building gets demolished and civilian people die.

• Love 2

There was something about Rina--direction? acting?--that kept me thinking "she's in on it. She's a Vargas mole". Something. Every time she interacted with Isobel, it seemed like she was hiding something. Maybe it was the way she kept insisting "keep me advised." Or maybe I've watched too many shows where "the new guy" is bad, especially when there's a criminal mastermind involved.

Incidentally, how fast is that FBI plane? Maggie & OA left NY and were in Mexico within an hour! (they were still in NY when it was said that the bombs would go off in 2 hours and they were in Mexico when there was "52 minutes left")

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, illdoc said:

There was something about Rina--direction? acting?--that kept me thinking "she's in on it. She's a Vargas mole". Something. Every time she interacted with Isobel, it seemed like she was hiding something. Maybe it was the way she kept insisting "keep me advised." Or maybe I've watched too many shows where "the new guy" is bad, especially when there's a criminal mastermind involved.

Incidentally, how fast is that FBI plane? Maggie & OA left NY and were in Mexico within an hour! (they were still in NY when it was said that the bombs would go off in 2 hours and they were in Mexico when there was "52 minutes left")

Agreed. It’s like Isobel has bad blood with Rina. They probably went to arch rival universities such as UNC/Duke or Alabama/Auburn lol.

I thought it was funny how Rina walked into Isobel’s office at the end, just to tell her “oh btw, I got the higher position...& you didn’t!” I have a feeling Isobel has a thing for Jubal & will be super ticked off once she discovers about their secret relationship. Season 3 has been grea5 & now looking forward to season 4!

Idk, maybe Maggie & OA can teleport? Lol

Glad they brought Vargas back & finished him off. It was time.

• Love 5

Man, that was some lame shit.

Why not handcuff Vargas to the bombs?

7 hours ago, UnknownK said:

I am sure that would be illegal in a dozen ways...

Because this bunch of clowns never does anything illegal or off-colour.

8 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Are FBI agents allowed to bring their weapons into Mexico with them?  And that was a pretty fast flight to get down there.

America: World Police! We go where ever we want, and do what ever we please! The nations of the world tremble when we speak! And if occasionally someone takes offense and retaliates for our high-handed assholery by blowing up some Twin Towers.....

Acting Assistant Director In Charge. (Pronounced Acting-A-Dick, I presume). Looks like there is going to be a cat fight! Inevitable! It's so stupid, I hope they both lose.

I don't care if Jubal ever gets laid. As far as I'm concerned, what ever Jeremy Sisto is being paid is fat that can be cut from the production budget. And the girlfriend - is that bad plastic surgery? She looks all streamlined, like she stuck her head out the window of a fighter jet.

Wow, the final "let's be friends" scene between Isobel & Rina was superb! I was completely convinced!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

The outcome seemed fairly predictable.  This was round two with Vargas and Isobel was due for a win. 
Jubal is dating his boss's boss?  Wouldn't that get whats-her-face fired for fraternization with a subordinate? 

I found it odd that Isobel and Jubal hugged when the bombs were deactivated.  You don't see male employees hugging other males.  But that's on Isobel - - she's his boss. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

(Pronounced Acting-A-Dick, I presume).

You win the internet for the day!

2 hours ago, illdoc said:

Incidentally, how fast is that FBI plane?

It must be a charter flight from Pearson Airlines.

• LOL 2
13 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'm peeved that Rina was back for the season finale and seems to be sticking around in a permanent position 

When Vargas escapes or runs things from prison he will kill Rina and Isobel will be around for part 3. 

• Love 2

So, would Rina have not been offered the permanent position if this op had gone sideways, which would have happened if Isobel had not done things without Rina's approval? 
If so, eventually Rina's going to have something even bigger go sideways when she mismanages it, right? 
I hate that the women are competing with each other instead of supporting each other --not that it never happens that way, but still, I don't want to see it on TV.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

I expected Rina to fall down the elevator shaft like LA Law.

I was thinking sniper shot once they exited the building, or a hitman on the street.  Then they would have their cliffhanger ending.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3