Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

What Ben did sounded like manslaughter to me, I don’t think he meant to kill the girl, but he shoved her and she fell to her death, that’s manslaughter. He deserved to go to juvenile prison for it. I couldn’t tell how remorseful he was about the situation, but he should’ve told his wife about his past. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Here is the description for S03.E06: "Uncovered", airing on February 9, 2021:

The team must infiltrate a drug trafficking gang after the robbery of a chemical plant leaves two customs agents dead. Also, Nestor offers his help on the case, giving Maggie new insight into his character.

• Love 1

I don't want to say I told you so but I knew last episode that Maggie and Nester were going to be kaput.  She's so intense.  I bet she never has any fun.  I kind of liked Nester today.  He was badass.  Even OA liked him. 

And then once again we have the stupidity of this show wherein they are not close to the perp and they yell FBI, giving him a chance to run.  Lucky for them those cars were right there to corner him.  I shake my head every episode at this! 

This last episode with the bomb had me really nervous at the end.  I knew they would diffuse it but my heart was in my mouth.

• Love 3

When Nestor was first introduced last year, he wasn't this crazy/bold/unstable. After the holiday break, it seems the writers figured what they wanted to do with him and just went from 0 to 60 with his attitude.

Plus, he got way too much screen time and action tonight. Is this his show now writers?

Just like the last episode, it ends with Maggie rejecting Nestor. Is the show going for the Nestor kidnaps Maggie route? I would be pissed if he gets physical with her.

Nestor doesn't know what rejection means, he'll buy Maggie a new car and propose marriage next week.

All that blood on the street and did the multiple NYPD officers decided to not follow or were just blind to not see it. Their sole purpose/focus was to make sure the tow truck was called!!?!????

At the aunt's apartment, OA had his head down by the door when Nestor (behind him) saw Damon run. Bad job on OA for not being attentive. Could have been shot.

Damon couldn't remember four numbers and had to write it on hand?

The club scene was so cringe. Everybody in the club and the bartender should have seen Maggie/Tiffany with Clint's phone and warned him.

Scola and Tiffany arrive at the warehouse and did not bother call for back up? They smell an odor and still decide to go in without any covering on their faces to expose themselves to whatever toxic fumes was in there.

How many times was "white" mentioned? Must have set a record.

Every show, the bomb squad is always 2 - 4 minutes away. How bad is the traffic on these shows?

If Wilkerson thought he would be long away from the bomb, why would he build it with an off switch? 

Is this the first time we got names to go with the other analyst (not including Elise)? Their roles seems to be increasing.

• Love 4

I liked the case, for the most part, but I’m fucking sick of Nestor. He pissed me off constantly tonight with his reckless behavior, and I’m sick of him hogging the screentime. The show’s called FBI - not the Nestor Hour. 

The case was really good up until it turned into another domestic terrorist group situation - between this show and Most Wanted, they’ve done too many of those plots lately, I would prefer more episodes of more “regular” crimes being investigated instead of endless plots about domestic terrorists. I really liked the episode for the majority of it, the investigation was really good and everyone got a nice role, but I lost interest when it became another domestic terrorist situation and we all knew the bomb wasn’t going to go off at the end. 

But my main issue was Nestor - he got more screentime than anyone and he annoyed me constantly, and I hope this is the end of him, I do not trust him and I’ve found him smug since the beginning and tonight he seemed borderline controlling with how he signed the lease on the apartment despite Maggie being unsure of whether she wanted to move in with him. I’m hoping Maggie dumps him after this, I don’t like him and he’s taking screentime away from the main characters, all of whom I really like. So please let this be the end of the Nestor show. 

And to answer the above poster’s question - we’ve heard the names of the other analysts before, Jubal has called Ian and Kelly by name many times. 

So this was probably my least favorite episode of the season - it wasn’t a bad episode by any means, but Nestor getting more screentime than anyone plus another domestic terrorist group situation made the episode weaker in my book. 

• Love 6

I really enjoyed this episode, because it was all about White Supremacy, which is a plot direction I haven't seen at all in every episode of every cop show on every channel in the entire fucking world. 

Nestor got a new house so he and Maggie I don't care.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

I started to think Nestor was going to be killed or badly hurt this episode.  They were spending so much time on him.  I just don't like the guy.  It is his smile that just seems so smug.  

Cannot stand Nestor and his smug, creepy, I'm so badass, death wish self.  I hope that's the last we've seen of him.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

I really enjoyed this episode, because it was all about White Supremacy, which is a plot direction I haven't seen at all in every episode of every cop show on every channel in the entire fucking world. 

Nestor got a new house so he and Maggie I don't care.

One of my favorite posts I've seen in a long time!  I rolled my eyes when the show went there AGAIN-- omg, is no one in charge noticing how repetitive??   And I love how your sentence about the new house just trailed off into I don't care.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I liked the case, for the most part, but I’m fucking sick of Nestor. He pissed me off constantly tonight with his reckless behavior, and I’m sick of him hogging the screentime. The show’s called FBI - not the Nestor Hour. 

But my main issue was Nestor - he got more screentime than anyone and he annoyed me constantly, and I hope this is the end of him, I do not trust him and I’ve found him smug since the beginning and tonight he seemed borderline controlling with how he signed the lease on the apartment despite Maggie being unsure of whether she wanted to move in with him. I’m hoping Maggie dumps him after this, I don’t like him and he’s taking screentime away from the main characters, all of whom I really like. So please let this be the end of the Nestor show. 

This. Also whenever Maggie is angry at him it looks very convincing but when she relents and smiles at him it looks forced and unconvincing (not just in this episode but also before). There is zero chemistry between them which makes his presence on the show perplexing.  

• Love 6

Once again the basic premises of the plot didn't make a lot of sense to me.  The ammonia tank was stored in a customs area (not a chemical plant as the description said) presumably being held for inspection before being imported into (or exported from) the US.  The two men attacked were customs agents (CBP on their jackets).  Ammonia is exported or imported in large volumes in tankers, not in little two wheel trailers pulled by pickups.  I guess the only reason they did it this way was to give the show an excuse to have the FBI investigate a/c the dead federal agent.

There are easier ways to get ammonium nitrate besides making  it: buy or steal ammonium nitrate fertilizer.  Also, the bomb looked much more sophisticated than that bunch of meatheads was capable of making.

• Love 2

I've realized with this show there are many twists and turns before we get to the actual solving of the case.  It's never anyone who they look at or gets arrested in the first 45 minutes.  By the end of the show the plot is completely different..lol

• Love 1
On 1/25/2021 at 8:44 PM, NYGirl said:

hated the macho es macho? fights between OA and her boyfriend..(don't know names)  I can't imagine the real FBI being like that.

I'm just now getting to this episode.. But to me OA was just an asshole.. And Rico takes precedence.. And while the epi just ends.. I wish just once a tv show would actually show how bad it gets after a case as big as the one our heroes interrupted gets... The east coast meeting canceled tge work of tons of agents shuttered because OA needed to get "justice"... 

I've spent the better part of my almost 26 year old tv watching life.. Seeing plot after plot of gang affiliated record producer or hip hop artist or basketball star... Every possible version of Arabic/ Muslim extremist... Tons of Latinx led cartel stories.. But for about a year plus we get an uptick in the also very real militant white supremacist stories... And folks are mad mad... 

• Love 9
On 2/9/2021 at 8:29 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I think the concentration on him, etc., was to drive home the point that Nestor is way too cocky for his own good. That he's not a "team player" and refuses to listen to the people he works with, which carries over to his personal life. 

At one point, she was telling him not to go after the bad guy and to wait for backup or something, but he totally blew her off and ran out there on his own.

It wasn't borderline controlling that he signed the lease, it was straight-up controlling. It was him bringing his lone wolf persona into his personal life. An extension of his earlier speech about how he wasn't lucky, he was doing the right thing.

Nestor is 100% about Nestor. He doesn't listen and just does what he thinks is right. He gets a real charge out of it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sweet Tooth said:

I think the concentration on him, etc., was to drive home the point that Nestor is way too cocky for his own good. That he's not a "team player" and refuses to listen to the people he works with, which carries over to his personal life. 

At one point, she was telling him not to go after the bad guy and to wait for backup or something, but he totally blew her off and ran out there on his own.

It wasn't borderline controlling that he signed the lease, it was straight-up controlling. It was him bringing his lone wolf persona into his personal life. An extension of his earlier speech about how he wasn't lucky, he was doing the right thing.

Nestor is 100% about Nestor. He doesn't listen and just does what he thinks is right. He gets a real charge out of it.

Agreed 100% with your assessment of Nestor. He’s an arrogant prick and I’m sick of him. I hope this is the last we see of him. 

• Love 4
On 2/11/2021 at 3:49 PM, UnoAgain said:

I've spent the better part of my almost 26 year old tv watching life.. Seeing plot after plot of gang affiliated record producer or hip hop artist or basketball star... Every possible version of Arabic/ Muslim extremist... Tons of Latinx led cartel stories.. But for about a year plus we get an uptick in the also very real militant white supremacist stories... And folks are mad mad... 

Tell me about it. 

• Love 9
On 2/11/2021 at 6:49 PM, UnoAgain said:

And it's not like white supremacist domestic terrorists tried to overthrow the government last month, or that the (real life) FBI says that white supremacist extremists are the biggest threat to the country or anything, no, of course not...

• Love 11

Synopsis for tonight's episode, S03.E07, "Discord":

The team hunts a killer who is fatally shooting seemingly unrelated targets. An experience on the job has new agent Tiffany Wallace examining the tension between her career as an FBI special agent and the responsibility she feels to her community as a black woman.

• Love 1
(edited)

And yet again....they call the name of the person when they are like 50 feet away so of course he runs and it leads to a chase.  Every single week.   I don't get it.

Aside from that the actress who plays Tiffany is beautiful.  Her skin is flawless.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 8
(edited)

The writers brought some serious WTFs this week! At least they were smart with NO Nestor! 

Where would these agents be without cameras? They would never solve a case.

55 year old Janine pulled off all these hits by herself? She is in some shape to throw a brick through a window (with some force) and quickly run to the front to be ready with a precise shot/dead center to the forehead. Then she goes to Marcus' apartment, throws a brick and shoots him. She didn't stick out like a sore thumb there? Then she goes to Thomas' office in Crown Heights, throws a brick in broad daylight, shoots Thomas and there's no witnesses? 

Couldn't ring the door bell Janine?

I don't feel sorry for Tiffany's ex-friend  Jemila whose brother was put away. He sold drugs to high school kids. Too bad he got 10 years (should have gotten more). Tiffany shouldn't feel guilty for doing her job.

Is Tiffany the only one that has to made to feel guilty about her job or the tactics in the JOC? There are other black analysts there, they couldn't speak up? I would like to have seen her have a conversation with Isobel about this.

Jubal could have had a better conversation with Tiffany. If he noticed she was bothered by this he could have pulled her off the case.

No one noticed the gun Thomas had in his waist from the protest outside Logan's home? Not his detractors or the local news? 

There's footage of Marcus getting beaten and this never made the news or no protest???!!!

How far could have Cody gotten from the bar Maggie? Make an effort to run after him. And she didn't learn her lesson when she saw him at his apartment. She yells FBI far away and (of course) he runs! Scola and Tiffany did what Maggie should have done......pull up/guns drawn/no chase/arrest!

Tiffany and Scola will be better partners after this. 

At least Logan Reed has the perfect excuse to miss the Rubin's dinner next week.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 6

Being black and being a cop is a hell of a tight rope to walk. or the ones want to do the job the right way and make a positive difference but at the same time being aware that the system that you work within is anti black and probably half the people you actually work with is anti black as well. 

• Love 3

I had mixed feelings about this episode -

On one hand, I’m sick of the constant political themed episodes, I get enough politics in real life that I get tired of it on tv and while I get that white supremacist groups and domestic terrorists are a big threat, I would like a greater variety of cases, between this show and Most Wanted, they’ve gone to this well too often. 

On the other hand, I did think the case had a good investigation and I thought each character had a good role and I liked that we got more of a look at Tiffany and Scola this week. I understood where Tiffany was coming from with her frustrations about DHS and all, but I thought they did the right thing at the end and I liked Scola’s comment that victories come with costs but it’s still a victory. I like the Tiffany and Scola partnership and I liked them getting more focus tonight. 

I also liked how Jubal said things could only work well if each agency worked together and cooperated, he’s right about that, and I liked how he was very cool and calm throughout the situation, it’s one reason I like Jubal a lot, he’s calm under pressure and has a cool demeanor. 

I did call the mom as the killer once they arrested the son and it was clear he didn’t do it. 

No Nestor!!!! I really hope that douchebag is gone for good, I got really sick of him. 

So this episode was a mixed bag - I liked getting more focus on Scola/Tiffany and the case was solid, but I just wish they would go away from the political stuff more often. 

• Love 6

Just once I'd like to see the agents' reaction when the first words a suspect says is "I want to have my attorney present during questioning."  It always seems that every crook they pick up starts talking right left and center after the first question.

Probably not a good idea to yell out "FBI! Put your hands up!" in a crowd of protesters, especially if you're not wearing any identification and they already think you're the bad guys.  They're lucky the NYPD didn't shoot them first.  And that dumb DHS agent opens the door just because someone says "FBI, open up."  I'll bet he got an ass chewing later on for not seeking authorization first.

12 hours ago, mxc90 said:

She is in some shape to throw a brick through a window

Hey, you sling enough beers at the bar, eventually you build up those arms. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Arthur Jury said:

White supremacists AGAIN ?????  That's 100% this season.  Unfeakinbelieveable

I don't think it's quite that high a %, but yeah, too much. I switched to Prodigal Son after 20 minutes. 

• Love 1
On 3/3/2021 at 11:24 PM, Arthur Jury said:

White supremacists AGAIN ?????  That's 100% this season.  Unfeakinbelieveable

Yes, how dare they focus on the top terrorist threat in the United States. 

• Love 8
On 3/3/2021 at 10:46 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Hey, you sling enough beers at the bar, eventually you build up those arms. 

She should have added: Wednesday Night Brick Toss. Could have been a crowd pleaser!

• Love 1

Here is the synopsis for S03.E08, "Walk The Line", airing on March 9, 2021:

After a bomb leaves three people dead, the team presses a reluctant informant to gather information from his close friends who are under suspicion. Also, OA finds tension in his relationship with his girlfriend, Mona, when they clash on where the informant’s rights lie.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, illdoc said:

Um...Wouldn't that be the FBI Most Wanted synopsis, since the "Jess" is on that show?

Indeed! This is what happens when one mods both shows and is doing 100 things at once when putting up episode titles.  😛 My apologies. Fixed now!

• LOL 3

Well at least they cornered the bad guy the right way instead of yelling FBI from 50 yards away, causing a chase.

I didn't like this episode and I really felt sorry for Vega, especially because they really didn't have good intel that it was them.  What did they think?  That the restaurant owner was going to say..."oh yeah I planted the bomb" when talking to a guy he just met?

Maggie was so self-righteous in this episode.  OA was so torn.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

Well at least they cornered the bad guy the right way instead of yelling FBI from 50 yards away, causing a chase.

I didn't like this episode and I really felt sorry for Vega, especially because they really didn't have good intel that it was them.  What did they think?  That the restaurant owner was going to say..."oh yeah I planted the bomb" when talking to a guy he just met?

Maggie was so self-righteous in this episode.  OA was so torn.

Maggie usually is self-righteous, I don't like her. I do like Tiffany and I liked her little pep talk to OA.

• Love 6

No Nestor again. Good! Was Rina necessary? I guess they need someone to be the bad agent. No way our stars can fill that role.

Now it's OA turn for guilt.

Good to see a scene of OA and Tiffany bonding. She processed her experience quickly from last week.

Poor OA! Rina got the last word on him and Mona is shutting down any "bedroom" action for the foreseeable future. 

I can understand OA's frustration on the FBI's tactics but the first person the FBI went after was the white school professor.

Does Philip Stafford look "Middle Eastern"? The professor who didn't want to look like "the bad guy", set the FBI on the wrong path anyway. His girlfriend made the right choice dumping him.

What intelligence on Hassan from the FBI? Rina has been monitoring him for years. Never got anything on him. Then they just took a big leap to make him the main target. A lot of people could fit it that description.

Too bad Hassan doesn't have good memory to recognize well dressed Tiffany in his restaurant earlier as the junkie who wanted some food.

That was some serious niceness Hasaan showed Tiffany after she pulled the race card on him. She looked shocked by his gesture. I would loved to have seen a scene of her putting doubt on Hassan being the target to her bosses. Tiffany probably showed up the next day for the free food.

A good showing for some New Yorkers tonight. They completed their tasks to the end and did not just steal the $1,000/watch/Infiniti from the fool.

That small phone from the car delivered some loud sound and maybe some people thought it would be a good idea to get far way from the car. Only to have the bomb go off next to them. That's a very low early April Fool's trick from Stafford!

These writers referenced the "Nashville" incident from December quickly. 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2

This was a decent episode, I liked the twists and turns it took and the investigation was good and everyone got a nice role. 

I did have a couple of questions - how did the guy who stole the car for the bomber, and the professor who was the witness, think the bomber was Middle Eastern, he didn’t really look Middle Eastern? And why were they so sure the restaurant owner did it, they had no real evidence against him? 

I had mixed feelings about OA and Maggie’s argument, I thought OA did have a point about how the informant sort of got a raw deal, but I thought he was letting his personal feelings get in the way of his job some, 3 innocent people were dead and a bomber was on the loose and catching him should be the first priority. 

I liked the scene between OA and Tiffany at the end. 

I liked seeing Rina again. 

I have a feeling this will be the end of OA and Mona’s relationship, I wonder if she will appear again.

No Nestor!! Awesome, I hope that douche is gone forever, never to be mentioned again!! 

• Love 1

The FBI actually dodged a bullet (bad pun, I know) by killing Stafford.  If he had gone to trial, a clever attorney would have asked "What evidence led you to suspect my client?" and a little digging might have unearthed that completely illegal black bag operation to see the videotapes.  I thought that stuff more or less went away with COINTELPRO.  And now they're deporting Vega.  No, he won't talk to the press at all, detailing how they originally arrested him for a misdemeanor masquerading as a felony, and how they coerced him into spying on some innocent people, especially if someone makes the connection to Hassan's statement about the videotape system.  That's the way to engender trust in the FBI, right?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I’m still struggling to figure out why they didn't simply show the photo of the restaurant owner to the guy who stole the car. Or have him sit with a sketch artist. I’m pretty sure if someone just paid me a thousand bucks to steal a car I would remember his face. Oh right, then we would miss out on all the O/A angst.

Sorry Vega, but if you are undocumented you have to be especially careful to follow the law. Stealing $30 worth of food is not the same thing as sticking a candy bar in your pocket. Your deportation is on you.

Here is the synopsis for S03.E09, "Leverage" (with the right description this time!), airing on March 16, 2021:

When a political reporter is kidnapped and held without a ransom demand, the team must dig into her past relationships in order to pin down her assailant’s motive. Also, Isobel’s relationship comes under fire when the case makes a connection to her boyfriend, Ethan.

On 3/11/2021 at 6:12 AM, Ellee said:

Is Rina going to be a part of the show now?

I'm terrible with names but I'm assuming Rina is the female FBI agent from the terrorism squad.  If so, I don't like her and I really hope she's not going to be part of the show.   

• Love 2

So we can get Isobel's boyfriend introduced and broken up with her in one episode but we have to endure Nestor and Maggie for multiple episodes? At least, he wasn't here this week. Good!

I understand the actress playing Isobel needs more work to do on the show but she should not have been involved in the questioning of Ethan so much. Let Jubal, OA or Maggie handle him.

I'm impressed the witness would know which hand the gun was held by the kidnapper when he shot at him.

I don't blame ex cop Daniel for tasing OA. He and Maggie didn't identify themselves when they burst in to his apartment. Daniel's door must be made of some cheap material for the wood OA used to knock it down so easily.

How many volts hit OA? He was down and back up in seconds to chase/catch the Daniel. OA's scream was funny!

Addie got the watch as a birthday present that night from the senator and she already set it up to be tracked by GPS by the time she left the hotel. She must have spent most of the night ignoring or faking it with the senator and playing with the watch instead.

Good to see they discuss in a group, Tiffany (not OA or Maggie) makes a suggestion and they work with it. 

Is that device Tiffany used to take info from Sergei's phone legal?

As soon as Sergei and Victor left the car to go in the park, there should have been another team going to the car to check the trunk for Addie or at least use a body heat detector to see if someone was in there. Made no sense that few agents were sent.

The Senator handled all the illegal activities, meetings with Sergei, getting the cash all on his own? I'm shocked that no other aides were involved! Ethan is an oblivious Chief of Staff.

Victor is easily startled to quickly pull the trigger. Twice he shoots as soon as commotion starts.

Fortunate for Scola wearing the vest.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 7

And as in every single kidnapping episode of every single show.... the kidnapper gets killed while making the drop thereby not revealing where the victim is.  They are lucky that Viktor was toting Addie around in the trunk of the car.

I feel bad for Isobel and Ethan.  He seemed like a nice guy..  As soon as we met him I knew he was a goner.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I really liked this episode - one of the best of the season. 

The investigation was really strong and in depth and kept me guessing throughout, this was one of the best cases they’ve had this season. It was solid from start to finish. 

I liked how everyone was involved and got a nice role, one of my favorite things about how the show has improved since the start is how it now feels like a true team effort instead of just a few people working the case. 

I liked the scenes between Jubal and Isobel a lot, I thought both of them handled things very professionally and I liked getting more scenes of them together and seeing them interrogate Ethan. Isobel was right to let Jubal take the lead once it got personal, but I was fine with Isobel talking to Ethan as she might’ve been the only one who could get through to him. 

Liked the final showdown at the park although I agree more agents should’ve been present, I guess they didn’t want to spook either the senator or the kidnappers. 

I liked how everything was wrapped up nicely, I liked that we got to see the victim reunite with her sister.

My only complaint is that it gets tiresome having a significant other of one of the characters being involved in the cases frequently, but in this case it worked fine and I couldn’t tell if Ethan was going to be good or bad. 

Overall this was really good, I was worried it would be another politically heavy episode but I liked that it took the twist into being about organized crime and corruption. 

Very strong episode on the whole.

• Love 5

Isobel should have recused herself right from the start.  If it had gone to trial, a good lawyer would have got almost all of her testimony thrown out.

OA was lucky he didn't eat a bullet after breaking into the ex-cop's apartment.  The guy would have been within his rights to shoot first, vests or not.  And any real cop would have looked at Maggie and said "Assaulting a federal officer? Alright, I'm calling my attorney right now.  And by the way, you can explain yourself in court during the civil suit."

Jubal:  "Okay, he lawyer'ed up.  That sounds like an admission of guilt to me.  See what you can dig up on him."  Or it could be a law abiding citizen protecting himself against a juggernaut.

Maggie shoots the window out.  <The bullet goes right through the other door, ricochets off the pavement, and kills a bystander.>   Maggie, you realize you could just as easily break the window with the butt of the weapon, right?

• Love 8