Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

So.....I liked Kristen and I liked Emily. Are they both gone for good? Kristen had terrific computer skills - and Emily seemed to be a very competent agent....not sure why they were jettisoned?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, LisaM said:

So.....I liked Kristen and I liked Emily. Are they both gone for good? Kristen had terrific computer skills - and Emily seemed to be a very competent agent....not sure why they were jettisoned?

Ditto — I liked both of them so much.  Kristen as a computer wizard — not in the field — and Emily was terrific with Scola, I thought.  This new addition hasn’t grabbed me right off the bat, but we’ll see.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LisaM said:

1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

Ditto — I liked both of them so much.  Kristen as a computer wizard — not in the field — and Emily was terrific with Scola, I thought.  This new addition hasn’t grabbed me right off the bat, but we’ll see.

I liked Kristen and Emily as well - I thought Emily worked well with Scola and I was disappointed she didn’t even get a mention of where she was, and Kristen was a good character as well who had great chemistry with the rest of the cast, particularly with Jubal. It was really weird how Kristen’s exit was handled, it wasn’t even announced she had left before the season started, and they just addressed it with a couple of lines between Jubal and Isobel, you could tell Jubal was sorry to see her go but there was no buildup or explanation. I wonder if they were planning to explore that at the end of last season before the virus shut it down. 

I do like the new agent Tiffany pretty good though, I liked how her and Scola seemed to figure out how to work with each other quickly and I think they will be a good pairing. 

Did anyone else find it interesting that Scola asked Tiffany to call him by his first name? Scola is the only character who isn’t called by their first name regularly, I can only remember Jubal calling him “Stuart” a couple of times, the rest of the characters are always called by their first names, so I found that interesting. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SilverLake0315 said:

I love -LOVE- Josh Segarra, so I was really happy to hear he was guest starring. I hope he sticks around for at least a few episodes!

I love him too! I thought he was so adorable on Sirens, lol. 

• Love 2

Here is the description for S02.E02: Unreasonable Doubt, airing on November 24, 2020:

The team races to stop an active serial killer after three women are found weighted down at the bottom of a lake. Jubal looks into an old closed case after there are multiple similarities to the recent victims.

• Love 1
On 11/18/2020 at 10:27 PM, Izzy85 said:

I love him too! I thought he was so adorable on Sirens, lol. 

I discovered him when he was on Arrow and have gotten to meet him in person several times. He is BEYOND delightful! The smiliest, happiest person you'll ever meet 🥰

• Love 1

And so it begins, the friction among Maggie, Nestor and OA.

Nestor "Bell". In 10 seconds after finding out!, even OA already sees who is in charge in that relationship. Soon OA will find some dirt on him.

If Jubal wanted make sure there was no new romance with Rina, he sure picked the right story to scare her. She suddenly had to catch that "Train" that probably will depart in 7 hours . 

Good grief Jubal! How drunk were you back in those days? Surprised you were even able to properly put the cuffs on McMay then or your alcoholism was not noticed by the other agents.

Didn't understand why Tate needed to run home at that moment. He could have finished talking to the agents, let them leave, run quickly through back door to go home and dispose his computer. And to make those scenes useless, he had a LEGIT alibi the night she was killed. Writers Please!

They couldn't have made Deleon anymore obvious he was the one when he was being questioned by the agents at the doctor's office. 

Scola and Tiffany had a nice scene in the field.

Nice to see Scola make the big break in the case. But then we see OA and Maggie get congratulated for the collar from Nestor (and they didn't bother correct him)!!!?????

Hope McMay gets a good lawyer and take every penny he could from the FBI.

8 years? His sister couldn't hire a private detective?

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I liked this episode and it was a nice feature for Jubal, I’ve liked the actor since his days as Lupo on L&O, and it was nice to see him take center stage. I like Jubal and this was a nice feature for him, his scenes with the wrongfully convicted guy were very good as was his determination to get to the bottom of the case.

I noticed that Scola and Tiffany weren’t in the early parts of the episode much, but everyone worked together in the second half which I liked. I liked Scola cracking the case with his realization about the leukemia, and I also liked Jubal and Scola interrogating the killer, it’s not often we see that pairing do an interrogation together. 

I was somewhat suspicious of the killer in his first scene but I wasn’t certain he was the killer, so I found the episode fairly suspenseful, although the red herring at the start was obvious, it did lead them to the incel website though. I’ve seen the incel plot on several shows now, it’s bit overdone but I’m glad this episode didn’t over focus on the incel subculture, it sticked to focusing on solving the case. 

Isobel seemed somewhat cold once again this week, she curtly cut off Jubal when he was explaining about why he went to the prison. Isobel has seemed cold at times, I wish they would develop her character more and give her an episode where she takes center stage like they did with Jubal tonight. 

I also wasn’t exactly fond of Jubal’s old partner/girlfriend, I had a feeling she might turn out to be corrupt, and she seemed more concerned with her career than with anything else, even after it was revealed they got the wrong guy. I did like getting more background into Jubal, like I say Jubal is one of my favorites (I know people on this site are mixed about him) and I thought this episode was a good feature for Jubal. 

It was nice to see Ian the tech expert back as well as some of the other regular analysts. 

What I didn’t like about the episode - Nestor. The character reeks of smugness in every scene he’s in, and I’m not a fan of Maggie dating him, he seems like he could be a douchebag. I really hope Maggie’s relationship with Nestor doesn’t put a strain on her relationship with OA, that would be too soapy for this show and while I don’t know whether Nestor will be a bad guy or not, I’m not a fan of him. 

Overall this was a good case with a good investigation and a nice feature for Jubal. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I liked this episode and I admit, the hospital volunteer seemed way too happy in his first scene. 

I wonder how many people are googling DNA and bone marrow transplant as that's really interesting.

Don't care for Nestor and didn't care for Rita either. I did think Rita would somehow be a bad person but I still think of her that way. 

I did think Isobel was a bit cold and maybe could have been a bit more understanding of how Jubal was feeling. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I don't know if this was mentioned upthread, but the same twist was used on CSI ("Bloodlines") with a perp with blood of one DNA and semen of another DNA from an absorbed twin. Grissom called him a chimera.

By now, every felon who watches TV knows that when a cop points a gun at them and tells them not to move, they are free to run for their life, because that trigger is never going to be pulled. Let the perfunctory footchase begin.

One glaring plot hole:  In every procedural crime show I've seen, when there is a possibility of a copycat killer afoot, the original case is routinely reexamined closely to see if there is any possible tie-in that might lead to solving the current case. It's not limited to just seeing if the original perp was really guilty. No one shouts, "Whatever you do, DON'T look behind the curtain!"

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Re Jubal, I feel bad for him.  I haven’t watch all of FBI to know all the bad parts of his backstory but man when your past emotional messes rear up in the present to possibly bite you in the you know what I feel sympathy for the character.  Or maybe it’s just good acting I’m enjoying that I feel sympathy for the character.

Re Tate, him being on the website was a parole violation.  But really would you burn up a laptop costing at least $200 for that?  Can you um hide it in a woodpile or something?

That 3 second screen stare sure did make Deleon obvi as the bad guy, yup.

McMay could probably try to sue for restitution for being wrongly convicted, for sure.  It is a rare medical condition so not egregious miscarriage of justice, so maybe he could get at least half of time in restitution, 4 years.

FBI is at times dumb with explaining some unique concepts and at times intelligent with explaining.  For example, when I hear incel I knew the term from other procedural shows and various characters had to define it 4 times…as first we didn't get it the first time…of course Isabel knew what it was, but Maggie still dumb-explain it to her anyway.  But then Isabel ask how many people visit an incel chatroom geez…you know what a chatroom is and what an incel is but you don’t know how many people visit a chatroom, it’s a good guess to guess hundreds or thousands of people, what's the point of having a chatroom for 200 people, you have a pathetic server and what's the point in that, make up your mind, are you dumb or well informed…

But then I read the twist about the genetic chimera and I thought cool, I hadn’t heard that often.  It seems familiar, it might have played a part in an old CSI LV episode.

I get why Rita said what she said.  It is true, she could look bad for a possible new job.  It does look bad on her that she doesn't want her past work reviewed even if it keeps a wrongfully convicted person in prison, but also it does look bad if a law enforcement person may have their previous work reviewed again.  I hope I'm not being naive and I think hiring people shouldn't be narrow minded and count it against a person if their police or legal work or whatever is being reviewed.  No conviction is 100% certain.

Last, Ian needs to shut up.  Nobody cares how hard you work at something or how complicated it was, and especially how you did it.  Just say, this is the footage I've determined may give you the perpetrator.  It was hard, long, complicated work, but here you go.  It's annoying when they explain how they got there when their audience show on their faces they don't care because they don't have time to care.

Happy T-giving everyones!~

Edited by eyesopen
fixin grammar
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Broderbits said:

It was also used on L&O, both original recipe and SVU.

What episode of the original L&O used that twist? I’ve seen every episode multiple times and I don’t recall one that used that twist.

5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

What episode of the original L&O used that twist? I’ve seen every episode multiple times and I don’t recall one that used that twist.

I'm thinking of a variation on the chimera thing, where the son of an actress died from ovarian cancer due to a bone marrow transplant.

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Broderbits said:

I'm thinking of a variation on the chimera thing, where the son of an actress died from ovarian cancer due to a bone marrow transplant.

Oh yes I remember that episode, a season 17 episode, Remains of the Day. Thanks for clearing that up.

Here is the synopsis for S03.E03, "Liar's Poker", airing on December 8, 2020:

When the leader of a drug cartel and one of the world’s most wanted men, Antonio Vargas, is apprehended by the team, the entire FBI headquarters is put at risk when his henchmen unveil a terroristic threat to free him. During the turmoil, Isobel must make the difficult decision whether to sacrifice her conscience or her career.

Good episode.

Where was Jess and his team to catch FBI Most Wanted Mr. Vargas?

Who is the "mole" in the FBI to let Vargas' people know how to get to Elise? I am almost certain it will be revealed to be Maggie's new boyfriend.

I'm amazed Elise was able to walk the streets unnoticed and allowed to go pass the front lobby's "metal detectors" with a bomb strapped to her body.

Vargas tells the FBI agent a bomb is in the building and the fool ignores him. Another agent almost set off a bomb until OA stopped him. Radios don't work. This episode sure made some of these background agents/security look very incompetent.

Scola looked depressed when he found out Elise has a child. Then looked relieved  when he found  out she is single. Staying by her side earned him "points". He'll be getting more than a drink later if played right.

Why wasn't the building evacuated earlier?

Was agent Miller dating Isobel? 

There always has to be that one asshole agent in charge that doesn't give damn about his subordinates' life or can't remember her name.

Elise should be comforted to know there were only 3 agents in the field working to track down the detonator. All the other available agents either went home, to a motel or a bar.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

Well that was nerve wracking.

Yup! The designer of the bomb is a real prankster or lousy bomb maker. Imagine if Isobel thought she had plenty of time and put in the code 7 seconds later!

• Love 3

This was an intense episode, a bit different from the usual episodes, but this worked, it was a break from the normal formula and it was well done. 

I liked seeing Elise, whose been a minor background analyst up until now, get to be the center of an episode, and I liked Scola staying with her. 

I liked that Isobel got some focus, it was about time they fleshed her out more, I found her cold when she first came on the show, but I’ve warmed up to her and tonight she shined. I liked that she was bold enough to release Vargas, and that the show didn’t magically come up with a way to save Elise and keep Vargas in custody. 

Jubal was cool under pressure as usual, and I liked seeing everyone work together to figure out where the other 2 villains were. 

Reynolds was predictably a prick bureaucrat, but I was surprised he went rather easy on Isobel at the end. 

I wonder if this is setting the stage for a spring crossover with Most Wanted where Lacroix and company team up with the FBI crew to take down Vargas. 

I did wonder how Vargas’s cronies found Elise and knew she worked with the FBI, is there a mole in the FBI? 

Overall I liked this episode, this season has been really good so far, each episode has been very strong, and I’ve liked each of the cases and how screentime has been evenly split between the characters. 

When the show comes back at the start of January, I wonder if they will pick up with the Vargas case, or put it on the back burner until later in the season. I think the latter. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Trey said:

I was really expecting that bomb to go off.

Me too.   It would have been a great exit for Isobel.   That being said now we have a...”of course you know this means war.” Bad guy which the show has lacked up until now.   

This was the first episode I have enjoyed in a long time.  Maybe because it was really entertaining and I didn’t know if they were gonna let Vargis go or not and if the bomb was going to blow.   Most of the time you kinda know that [enter character name here] is going to save the day but the episode was playing the angle that sometimes a hard choice just has to be made.   The better of two evils.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, preeya said:

One of the very early James Bond movies had an ending where a bomb set to go off stopped just before the explosion.

The timer stopped at 007. 

Goldfinger.

With a Bond Girl who had the unbeatable name of... Pussy Galore! Played by Honor Blackman, fresh from The Avengers, with Patrick Macnee (John Steed). Honor was replaced by Diana Rigg who played Emma Peel, and (years later) poisoned Joffrey Baratheon...

(Somebody! Stop me!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Goldfinger.

With a Bond Girl who had the unbeatable name of... Pussy Galore! Played by Honor Blackman, fresh from The Avengers, with Patrick Macnee (John Steed). Honor was replaced by Diana Rigg who played Emma Peel, and (years later) poisoned Joffrey Baratheon...

(Somebody! Stop me!)

Now you got me started:   

Edited by preeya
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

With all their access to traffic cams and surveillance tech, shouldn't the FBI been able to track Vargas remotely, even if he had abandoned his escape car?

I was in favor of cuffing Vargas to Elise as Reynolds suggested.  Yes, it is admitting that they can't save Elise, but would Vargas sacrifice his life to make a point?

Vargas on the phone to Isobel:  "The password is....1"  Isobel: "1"  Vargas: "2".  Isobel: "2".  On up to five.  Isobel:  "So the password is 12345?"

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I was in favor of cuffing Vargas to Elise as Reynolds suggested.  Yes, it is admitting that they can't save Elise, but would Vargas sacrifice his life to make a point?

This would have been an amazing standoff. 

• Love 3

When Jubal was asking for volunteers to stay behind, for a split second there I thought everyone in the room was going to volunteer as a show of solidarity for poor Elise, but nope they looked like they couldn't wait to get out of that room fast enough. Even the two that stayed behind looked rather reluctant. I guess Elise wasn't all that popular with her colleagues. Maybe they found that she was the one that was stealing their lunches from the fridge.

• LOL 5

I guess that I'm the party pooper here as I didn't like this episode at all.   I didn't think for a moment that they'd let Elise get blown up, as this isn't that kind of show - especially with her speaking to her child over the phone.    I was rather outraged that they let Vargas go and felt that Isobel should've been fired on the spot.    We were shown the two minions who could've stopped the bomb but they refused because they were afraid for their families back home.   We had a cop get killed at the start of the show.   God knows how many people the "word is his bond" drug lord had killed.  But Elise counts more as she is part of Isobel's team.   The whole storyline was stupid.   The guy should have never been brought back to the FBI building to begin with.   And I agree - we will see Vargas again during FBI - Most Wanted.  

• Love 1

Here is the synopsis for S03.E04: "Crazy Love", airing on January 24, 2021. (Note that the 24th is a Sunday. So this seems to be a special airing!)

A shooting at a quinceañera leaves two dead, but the team believes they may not have been the intended targets. Also, Maggie is trapped between a rock and a hard place as the team decides the best plan of action for using a witness to take down the suspect.

This episode sounds like a similarly-themed episode of another Wolf show, Law & Order: Los Angeles, way back when.

And episode S03.E05: Clean Slate, which is airing two days later in the usual slot, airing on January 26, 2021:

As the team searches for a young girl who was kidnapped from a cabin during a family vacation, they discover that the abduction may be tied to a skeleton in her family's closet. Also, Maggie questions her relationship with Nestor when she learns he hasn't been completely honest with her.

• Love 1

For a "supposedly" professional hit man (who has a picture of his target Gabriel) why rush into a party and start shooting at the crowd hoping to hit Gabriel? What was the rush to do it at that time and not wait until he got off work or some secluded spot? Made no sense. There's people there, reassess the situation and leave. Then this fool drives his own car that's easily tracked (didn't consider to leave NYC immediately), goes home, hides in the closet and shoot at the FBI when they bust in. 

The hit man walked into the party, didn't say anything or a racial slur and started shooting. I know it's network TV and slurs are not allowed but don't tell the viewers: witnesses said he made slurs, when he didn't.

The writers took Nestor to another level this week being a jerk. It will be over between him and Maggie soon if she has to be caught in the middle of him and OA feuding.

Shouldn't Nestor just go to Isobel and/or Jubal to order Maggie and OA to not make the arrest at that time? Who is he to boss them around?

Valentina got picked up by the FBI and met on them on the street. For Jose to be so possessive of her, he seemed comfortable to let her out of his sight for a long period time. Those types would question her every move or have someone follow her at all times. 

Valentina must only wear leather pants day and night.

Sorry Gabriel, Valentina is living the high life. No way she is giving up her fancy car, clothes, jewelry, high price dining for you and a "hope" in Miami with your small bank account.

Jose had a lot of guns in his safe, a big stretch for Valentina to remember every gun Jose has in his possession (especially the murder weapon). 

When does Jose have time to run his criminal empire? He can't' meet the hit man himself (has Valentina meet him), he is always playing video games and can't miss a soccer match.

With this show, I was expecting some twist at the end with Valentina being arrested but nothing. It was Jose.

Bone Marrow chili sauce. Eheewww! 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 6

This was a pretty good episode - I was hesitant about it at first as episode 1 already dealt with white supremacist terrorism, and so when it looked like the episode was going down that route I didn’t think it would be good, but once it turned into a gang murder for hire it became more interesting. 

I think the hitman did the shooting at the party hoping to disguise who his real target was, but he failed to hit his real target. I didn’t get why he didn’t leave NYC immediately after the shooting, maybe he was sticking around to try to kill Gabriel again? 

I immediately thought Gabriel would be involved in the plot after his first scene but I wasn’t sure how. 

I also wondered if Valentina was going to be more involved than she let on, but it turned out they didn’t do a last minute twist, but I didn’t have an issue with that as I liked how it played out. 

I loved Scola undercover as the repair man and I liked their plan to have Ian cut out the signal to the TV in order to get inside the house and get the evidence against Jose, that was a good plan, perfectly executed. 

As for Nestor, I still don’t care for him, he seems smug and I didn’t think it was his place to be ordering Maggie and OA around. He did come through in the end for them, but there’s something about him I dislike and distrust. 

I really like how they’ve balanced the screentime amongst the characters this season - everyone has gotten a decent role, and I like the analysts that work in the office, as I’ve said before, it now feels like a real team effort with a lot of people working together to solve the cases, whereas in season 1 it all too often felt like it was all Maggie and OA with no one else. The show has improved tremendously since season 1. 

I did notice there was no mention of the events of the last episode or of them trying to track down the cartel leader, I think they are saving that for the season finale or a crossover with Most Wanted. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

So, a Latino bad guy has the latino outside piece of his Latino girlfriend murdered by a hitman. Annnd the hitman is a white supremacist. Because. And to make matters worse, he uses a semi-automatic pistol! Just like every other pistol shown throughout the entire show. Just like every pistol in the entire world which isn't a six-shooting revolver or a flintlock dueling pistol. But let's vilify and demonize it anyway.

10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Valentina must only wear leather pants day and night.

Just imagine the stink!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Question: On Law & Order, evidence gets thrown out all the time, because someone (not the police) gets the evidence without a search warrant and the defense claims that they were "an agent of the police" ((even if the police didn't have anything to do with it) and therefore, it was an illegal search). How is this (the taking of the gun out of a locked safe) not the same thing?! In fact, the law enforcement (ie FBI) told her to do it!!! Are the rules of "search and seizure" different for the FBI????? They certainly didn't have enough evidence for a search warrant (someone thinks they remember seeing a gun similar to the murder weapon is the only supporting evidence)

• Love 1

This was not my favorite episode due to all things mentioned above...the most important being that the hitman couldn't find another time to kill the waiter?  And then we have the stealing of the gun.

I hated the macho es macho? fights between OA and her boyfriend..(don't know names)  I can't imagine the real FBI being like that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The promo for "FBI: Most Wanted" had me thinking the show was out of commercial break and they were are part of the search for the Grace. Not well timed CBS!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Maggie should have had one of those analyst do a thorough back ground check on Nestor the moment he asked her out. She should not have been surprised about the kids.

If I'm a parent, I'm not waiting at a hotel while the FBI search the woods.

Young Lucy following Ben by herself to taunt him without the other kids! Sure! Sounds to me like Lucy had a secret attraction to Ben.

Once they mentioned Lucy's death, I immediately thought of a relative getting revenge on the Harris family. Wasn't buying Ben being the suspect at all.

Druggie Ray Parkins has a real good memory to remember Ben's face 20 years later.

Ray Parkin had a lengthy rap sheet and still got a job at SNY. Must be a desperate company.

Ray Parkin couldn't look decent for his ID photo? I know you are a mechanic but have some pride in your appearance. Should be kissing the ground they gave you a job!

Since when does the FBI allow the family to pay the ransom? I thought banks immediately notify the FBI when someone makes a withdrawal over $100,000?

Was Maggie wrong for agitating Ben while he had a gun to the wife? He could have shot her easily.

Ray got two shots off to Maggie! Where was OA, Scola and Tiffany to back her up?

I wanted an extra 10 minutes to find out if Ben's wife left him after finding out about his past.

I actually cheered when they found Grace. I am losing it!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 6

Another really good episode - I liked all of the detective work from everyone it took to solve the case, each character got a nice role, and it was an intense, suspenseful case. The whole team worked really well together to solve the case, and the show is on a consistent run of strong episodes. 

I also immediately suspected that a family member of the girl Ben killed was responsible for the kidnapping, and I didn’t think Ben was responsible. Still the twists were good and I liked how the investigation proceeded. 

I wondered how Ben was able to hide his past from his wife so well, and how he was able to turn his life around after he got out of the juvenile prison enough to go to college and get a law degree. And I also wanted to know whether Ben’s wife would dump him or not, I know she let him hug the daughter at the end but who knows if they stayed together, I somehow doubt it, I don’t think I could stay with someone who was a murderer and hid it from me. 

I couldn’t help but feel some sympathy for the kidnapper, given that his whole family was torn apart after his sister’s murder, but kidnapping an innocent child was inexcusable and they had no choice but to kill him when he fired at them. I didn’t feel much sympathy for Ben, while he may not have meant to kill the girl he still did and his character just wasn’t likable -the real victims in this tragedy were the kidnapped girl and to a less extent Ben’s wife. 

I didn’t give a shit about Nestor’s scenes - I’m not fond of the character and I don’t really care about his relationship with Maggie. Those scenes were just filler. 

Overall this was another strong episode with a good case and a nice role for each character. 

• Love 5

Since when does the FBI allow the family to pay the ransom?

How would they prevent you? It's your money, right? Does the Police State say you can't use it to recover a missing loved one?

10 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I don’t think I could stay with someone who was a murderer and hid it from me. 

I'm not sure if causing an accidental death is properly classified as "murder".

As soon as the counter flap went back, I was hoping SA Tiffany Wallace would take two rounds to the gut. Just because all the script writers character-building tough-guy stupidity from someone as tough as a wet Kleenex deserves a fitting response.

ETA:

The promo for "FBI: Most Wanted" had me thinking the show was out of commercial break and they were are part of the search for the Grace. Not well timed CBS!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Your post (which glimpsed before I started watching) lead me to believe this was a 2-episode cross-over with "FBI: Most Wanted", which... ghaaaa! Because FBIMW is... ghaaaa! 

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 1

I hate the standard M/O on all of these procedural shows.  When you see the perp and he's like 20 feet away then yell FBI.  Couldn't Maggie get a little closer?  And then of course she killed him.   They always kill the kidnapper so then it's a race to find out where the kidnapped person is.

I'm thinking Maggie and Nestor are going to be history soon enough.

I agree how did the kidnapper even recognize Ben as an adult...bald head and all.

The FBI Wanted commercial was right in the middle of the search in the woods.  When I saw the guys face I thought...hmm crossover.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Another really good episode - I liked all of the detective work from everyone it took to solve the case, each character got a nice role, and it was an intense, suspenseful case. The whole team worked really well together to solve the case, and the show is on a consistent run of strong episodes. 

I also immediately suspected that a family member of the girl Ben killed was responsible for the kidnapping, and I didn’t think Ben was responsible. Still the twists were good and I liked how the investigation proceeded. 

I wondered how Ben was able to hide his past from his wife so well, and how he was able to turn his life around after he got out of the juvenile prison enough to go to college and get a law degree. And I also wanted to know whether Ben’s wife would dump him or not, I know she let him hug the daughter at the end but who knows if they stayed together, I somehow doubt it, I don’t think I could stay with someone who was a murderer and hid it from me. 

I couldn’t help but feel some sympathy for the kidnapper, given that his whole family was torn apart after his sister’s murder, but kidnapping an innocent child was inexcusable and they had no choice but to kill him when he fired at them. I didn’t feel much sympathy for Ben, while he may not have meant to kill the girl he still did and his character just wasn’t likable -the real victims in this tragedy were the kidnapped girl and to a less extent Ben’s wife. 

I didn’t give a shit about Nestor’s scenes - I’m not fond of the character and I don’t really care about his relationship with Maggie. Those scenes were just filler. 

Overall this was another strong episode with a good case and a nice role for each character. 

Ben is not a murderer, he was a kid and it was an accident. Not that the girl's family would care about the distinction.

On another not I don't like Maggie, she has that whole arrogant know it all thing with her.

• Love 2
On 1/27/2021 at 4:47 PM, mommalib said:

Ben is not a murderer,

I thought that when they brought it up in the war room, the tech spec said that he had been convicted of murder when he was 12.  Don't really remember, though.

Once again, agents in a dark motel room using their flashlights.  That light switch on the wall serves a purpose, you know.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I thought that when they brought it up in the war room, the tech spec said that he had been convicted of murder when he was 12.  Don't really remember, though.

Once again, agents in a dark motel room using their flashlights.  That light switch on the wall serves a purpose, you know.

I think they did say he was convicted of murder but they wat Ben explained it was that it was an accident. He was explaining that he's not a killer.

• Like 1
  • Love 1