Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

On 3/11/2020 at 5:46 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I’m pretty sure Ramirez was the one who killed someone while in the car with Alex. That’s why I’m a bit unsure as to Benny’s role. 

No. Alex told the agents that Benny did it.  Ramirez was the person who threatened the family if Alex talked originally.    

• Like 1
3 hours ago, illdoc said:

Blah. I HATE Chicago PD and I’m not excited to see one of their characters on FBI. If they bring over Chicago PD’s corruption and brutality I will be sick, I hope that if this character tries to pull an unethical stunt like they do in every episode of Chicago PD, Jubal or Isobel puts her in her place and tells her that they don’t tolerate that kind of behavior here. 

I wonder if they were planning to have this character come over for several episodes, but then production got shut down because of the virus? I hope she’s just on this one episode and isn’t back next season. 

• Love 1

Here is the description for what is now the season finale, "Emotional Rescue" (S02.E19), airing on March 31, 2020:

The FBI team investigates a drug deal gone bad after the body of a college student is found. Also, Detective Hailey Upton temporarily joins the team and finds her usual investigative methods clash with the Bureau’s more buttoned-up environment.

I am glad that this show went back to its basic premise that 95% of all crime is by white supremacists. With an added bonus of demonizIng ICE. 

I know that we can’t wait for them to come back to arrest the white supremacists who are responsible for the flu.

(edited)

Per Isobel: Upton will be here a few weeks for an inter agency training program?? Isobel read the memo wrong, she showed up to train them!!!!!!!

She taught Scola how to open a hidden drug trap, gave OA a valuable lesson on patience/ wait for the confession and saved his ass from getting shot, and broke down Harper when the FBI failed to crack her.

It was funny when she just opened sealed evidence property and stormed into the interrogation room. She made the FBI look like fools.

I was surprised she was denied the opportunity to go undercover or didn't get the kill shot on Lucas.

What does OA see in Upton that reminds him of Maggie?

If you are a resident from NYC and someone approaches not wearing NYPD/FBI gear would you answer their questions? Or at least ask who are you?

Directed by Monica Raymond. So it make sense why things unfolded the way it did tonight. Has to make people from NBC Chicago look good.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
(edited)

Upton was such a witch in the first 10 minutes.  She was way out of line! For those of you that watch CPD, they have ruined her character.

Edited by SuzieQ
typo
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Has to make people from NBC Chicago look good.

Help me out — why is an NBC Chicago PD show crossing over with a CBS New York FBI show?  I don’t remember two networks crossing over like this before.  I didn’t like the Chicago detective being there to “school” the FBI — and wow, she was unpleasant when joining a new group — but I do like Emily, the newer field agent.  Hope Emily stays.

And once again, a way too brutal beginning for me.

(edited)
25 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Help me out — why is an NBC Chicago PD show crossing over with a CBS New York FBI show?  I don’t remember two networks crossing over like this before.  I didn’t like the Chicago detective being there to “school” the FBI — and wow, she was unpleasant when joining a new group — but I do like Emily, the newer field agent.  Hope Emily stays.

I guess Dick Wolf felt the need to make some TV history with shows he is producing and thinks this will boost ratings. He chose the wrong character for this event.

Yes. She was very unpleasant.

I think he did a crossover with a Chicago show and Law and Order.

34 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Haven't watched in a while, but can we have the new agent instead of Maggie? 

They could have easily elevated Emily or Kristen to replace Maggie. No need for Upton to be here.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4

I liked the case, disliked the hero worship of Upton. I loathe everyone from Chicago PD, they should all be in prison IMO, and I didn’t like how they had Upton being the one to do almost everything to close the case. And yes she was unpleasant, I was almost hoping for her to pull off an unethical stunt like they do on CPD and then have Jubal berate her, that would’ve been awesome!! At least OA   let her know the FBI did things by the book. 

The background characters were absent in this episode pretty much.

I like Emily as well, I would like for her to stay on as Scola’s partner and have Kristen work mainly from the office, but I don’t know if they will add in a new character. 

The case itself was very good, I liked the complex but strong plot and figuring out how the 2 murders were related. 

At least it was Jubal and Scola who figured out the location, not Upton. 

I hope Upton isn’t back next season. 

• Love 6

It was refreshing that that they threw in the white supremacist racist guy who harassed the poor Indian student. So what if it has nothing to do with the plot of the episode.

They really should have the white supremacist guy be the guilty one. That’s their brand.

At least they kept their steak alive of having a white supremacist in every episode.

• Love 1

Relative to the first episode (I'm a week late, I know), an LE helicopter would have priority over all other flights in the area.  None of this dropping altitude because of a busy airspace.  And 1500' was the original assigned altitude?  Even at that the noise would be easily audible to anyone.  You can hear copters flying by at 5000'.  And the FBI must have blown all their budget on computer networking, because a simple drone could have been 10x as effective as a helicopter.  Well, anyway...

I thought they were going to continue the terrorist saga into this week's episode, but perhaps they're saving it for after the break.  I don't follow CPD so I had no interest in the crossover, but Upton needs the same hairdresser that Tracy had way back on Revolution.  She was always perky, even in combat.

Harper and her dad better leave town.  Dem boys are not going to be happy about this.

An off thought occurred to me while watching the team move around.  How much gasoline do they burn up every case driving around those big Suburbans from one borough to another?

Didn't like Upton for sure and I'd rather she not come back. They could have had Kristen or maybe Scola with OA. 

I didn't like what she did with the evidence even though it did make the FBI look silly. 

If a cop from another city comes and talks to me, I would not talk to them, for sure. 

Btw, do we know if Missy had her baby yet? I hope things are going well for her. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

I remember back in the day it was said that CBS nixed a Picket Fences and X-Files crossover. I remember that Friday night when the Rome Wisconsin(Picket Fences) medical examiner referenced the X-Files case that I just watched the previous hour but in the end CBS used their own reoccurring FBI character instead of Mulder or Scully from FOX. The PIcket Fences episode was one of their best but I hardly remember the X-Files episode except for cows in Wisconsin,

• LOL 1

Of course there was another "white supremacist" red herring (whoops american indian herring) thrown in and plenty of digs that any "brown skin" in NYC is always in eminent danger.  What's that ? 99% of FBI now shows have  "white supremacist" characters ? Is that a new CBS rule ? Too transparent and tiring.

Ps Nice touch last week re. more "white supremacists"  driving Chevy Camaro and Ford Raptor... LOL Stereotype much ? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Why did we need a Chicago detective just because Maggie was gone? What was wrong with Kristin who had recovered from her injury? Or even Jubal taking a turn in the field?   Or just some random FBI agent that we haven’t seen? 
I have never watched Chicago PD because I hated Voight from his introduction on Chicago Fire.  I quit watching Chicago Fire years ago too because it became all about Dawson. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Why did we need a Chicago detective just because Maggie was gone? What was wrong with Kristin who had recovered from her injury? Or even Jubal taking a turn in the field?   Or just some random FBI agent that we haven’t seen? 
I have never watched Chicago PD because I hated Voight from his introduction on Chicago Fire.  I quit watching Chicago Fire years ago too because it became all about Dawson. 

Wolf seems loyal to his actors but then why Chicago instead of some Law &  Order veteran except to cross promote his stuff and CBS let him do it. I guess the two FBI shows don't match the tone of any other CBS show currently running and shared universes are very big due to Marvel.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I've never watched FBI before and only watched because I'm a loyal One Chicago fan.  And on the Chicago PD boards, seem to be one of the rare Upton fans.  Seems like she's pretty much universally disliked.  Permasmirk, attitude, etc.... seems to be the prevailing opinion. I am not ashamed to say I find the actress attractive, and I appreciate how bad ass she is in a profession usually dominated by men.  

I don't understand why PD shipped her to NY, other than Dick Wolf trying to bring more viewers to his FBI show, which in my case, worked.  Didn't even know FBI was a Dick Wolf show until this episode.  That said, I find this series compelling.  I like how direct they are about investigating.  Operations seems to be more on point, more direct, more technical than on PD, although at its core, it's the same, only there is some other guy running the show instead of Voight.

Also a fan of Alana de la Garza.  Haven't seen her in a while.  

Might have to add this show to the rotation.  So in that sense, Wolf's crossover worked because he just gained a viewer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/11/2020 at 6:22 PM, greyhorse said:

I don't understand why PD shipped her to NY, other than Dick Wolf trying to bring more viewers to his FBI show, which in my case, worked.  Didn't even know FBI was a Dick Wolf show until this episode.

I'm bored. So I looked up some numbers. Last season FBI outranked all One Chicago shows in total viewers. It had over a million more than Fire and 2 million more than PD which was last of the One Chicago shows.  In the 18-49 rankings, PD was the last of the One Chicago shows and had only a .13 lead on FBI in that category. So I don't think that it was a ratings stunt to help FBI. If anything it was the other way around. I hope they don't do this again. I detest PD and don't watch it for a reason. I hated the character. She was not needed on this show.

On 4/13/2020 at 1:01 PM, Mikita said:

I'm bored. So I looked up some numbers. Last season FBI outranked all One Chicago shows in total viewers. It had over a million more than Fire and 2 million more than PD which was last of the One Chicago shows.  In the 18-49 rankings, PD was the last of the One Chicago shows and had only a .13 lead on FBI in that category. So I don't think that it was a ratings stunt to help FBI. If anything it was the other way around. I hope they don't do this again. I detest PD and don't watch it for a reason. I hated the character. She was not needed on this show.

I'm confused by what you're trying to say, as there is no source.  So FBI had the highest rating out of all four shows, but in perhaps the most important demographic for advertisers, age 18-49, FBI was last of the four?

I find PD the most compelling of the three One Chicago shows, so I'm surprised that it sits at the bottom of the trio.  But it still is ranked higher than FBI, so maybe this was a rating stunt after all.  I thought it was fun, whatever the reason.  We expect crossovers on all the Chicago shows.  We don't expect it from two series that aren't even connected to each other on different networks.  But I guess when you are Dick Wolf, you can do whatever you darn well please.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Looks like this show may spawn a second spinoff, a la the Law & Order and Chicago franchises with multiple shows.

They are left with the same problem Chicago Justice had, the biggest criminals are the squad from Chicago PD and unless they kill that aging show with a FBI squad in Chicago that FBI office is nerfed by Sergeant Voight and his murders.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/30/2020 at 4:43 PM, Waterston Fan said:

Missy had her baby recently and it was posted on twitter by FBI twitter account that is official. Alana tweeted a response to it and there is a picture of Missy and her son, Otis Paradis Oakley. 

Congratulations to Missy!

And this is how old I am: Hearing her baby’s name reminds me of an episode of “Welcome Back, Kotter” where some of the Sweathogs were trapped in an elevator with a pregnant woman who went into labor. When it seemed like she might deliver the baby, Juan Epstein goes, “What are you going to name him? Otis?” 

4CC141F9-69B7-4B66-8299-3C930533A184.jpeg

• LOL 6

So another person joining the cast. I have no problem with this, I really liked how last season had a lot more characters involved in the investigations after season 1 was basically all Maggie and OA, I just wonder what this new agents role would be - will she partner with Scola and Kristen will stay in the office mainly? I guess we’ve seen the last of Emily as Scola’s partner, which is too bad as I liked her and I wish she had been added to the main cast instead. 

I really liked season 2 and I thought it was a massive improvement over season 1, and I’m looking forward to this show returning, hopefully season 3 will be strong and I hope the new character fits in well. 

• Love 5

I've been watching earlier episodes, haven't seen much of Season 2 yet.

So I have to ask here, because I can't wait any longer: Does Maggie ever find out who took out the hit on her husband?  I know she finds his actual killer but he was a hitman who died in hospital without telling her who hired him.

• Love 1
On 9/23/2020 at 5:32 PM, Trey said:

I've been watching earlier episodes, haven't seen much of Season 2 yet.

So I have to ask here, because I can't wait any longer: Does Maggie ever find out who took out the hit on her husband?  I know she finds his actual killer but he was a hitman who died in hospital without telling her who hired him.

The case of Maggie’s husband was solved in the season 1 finale. 

I think you will like season 2, it was a major improvement on season 1. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Here is the description for S03.E01: "Never Trust A Stranger", set to air on November 17th:

The team welcomes a new member, Special Agent Tiffany Wallace, as they search for killers who orchestrated a mass shooting at a media company, and OA’s personal connection with the case threatens to cloud his judgement.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/21/2020 at 6:41 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Here is the description for S03.E01: "Never Trust A Stranger", set to air on November 17th:

Another “it’s personal” case for OA?! Not only do I dislike “it’s personal” cases, OA is always the one who gets them, it seems like he either gets a personal subplot or has some tie to the case frequently, this show is pretty good about not going into the personal lives of the characters too much and stays focused on the cases, but if they do give someone a tie to the case, it’s going to be OA. Last season’s premiere was personal for OA as well. 

Anyway, I’m looking forward to the show coming back, I really liked season 2 and I hope season 3 is equally good, and I hope the new character fits in well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Even with FBI late to the CBS federal agent procedural game with a Muslim Special Agent with the its personal for OA tagline I just assumed Islam and how we react will be the plot point.

• Love 2
On 10/26/2020 at 5:52 AM, FinnishViewer said:

In season 1 it was Maggie and the investigation of her husband's death.

Yes that was in 2 episodes. But with OA we’ve seen several of his family members and they like to give him a personal subplot frequently. Like I say, I don’t like personal cases, but if they are going to do one why can’t they give it to Jubal, Kristen, Scola, Isobel or the new agent? Why does it always have to be OA?

• Love 2

Spencer calls Allie a racist, then asks her out on a date?!?!?! Only in Brooklyn!

Kristen is gone!!? The show didn't give her a chance. She was moved from the desk, then briefly put in the field, stabbed in the neck and then back to the desk. Now she's gone to Dallas! And all her lines were past to 6 analysts.

No update to what happened to Emily? I guess Kristen was enough for the writers to handle.

Tiffany's introduction/first impression was awkward. Earlier she tells Scola: She hates talking about the Yankees, doesn't want to hang with the crowd at O'Sullivan's and Murphy's anymore so decides to join the FBI. Later it's revealed: she punched her lieutenant for saying something disgusting and some ASAC decided recruit her to the FBI. Why not just lead with that story first to Scola?

Nice job OA for leaving away in disgust and Tiffany alone to cuff Connor.

S.A. Nestor! Now you have learned to never think you are in charge when OA is on the scene! Chain of command doesn't work here.

Now he's in some romance with Maggie. No way he survives this season. Poor guy!

So what new promise was OA giving Zayne: "in 20 years when you get out of jail, I'll have a job lined up for you"?!

Maggie gets a medal for saving an officer from being stabbed. Where were those quick reflexes when Kristen got stabbed in the neck? 

OA and Maggie put the mask on one time for a few seconds. Why bother? The whole episode they were mask free.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Pretty good start to the season, I liked the episode, it was high octane and riveting from start to finish. 

So Kristen is gone?! I knew nothing about her leaving the show, so that came as a major surprise, and the way it was handled was weird, only a couple of lines between Jubal and Isobel, no one else even commented on her departure, that was strange, you could tell Jubal was sorry to see her go but why exactly did she leave? I was very surprised she’s gone and I was underwhelmed with how they handled it, I liked Kristen even if they didn’t seem to know what to do with her last season. And no mention of where Emily went either, I liked her, I wish they had at least had a line about her. 

I liked the case and how the investigation progressed, it was great to see everyone back in action. The only time the episode slacked was at the end, with the hostage situation, I pretty much knew OA was going to get the guy to surrender, so the final few minutes weren’t as compelling as the rest of the show, which was riveting. 

I liked the balance of screentime amongst the characters, although I noticed Isobel was barely in the episode. I like the analysts that work in the office with Jubal, it was a great addition to the show to add in more background people, the investigations really feel like a team effort starting last season, season one was all Maggie and OA. 

The case was good, almost all of their cases are, it was interesting how we never even got to know much about the villains other than that they were white supremacist trash, as they were all killed by the FBI. I knew OA’s informant was going to be more involved than he let on but I wasn’t sure how. 

I liked Tiffany, I was a bit unsure of her at first but I think her and Scola will make for a good pairing and she has nice chemistry with the rest of the cast. 

I can’t tell if I like Nestor or not, I liked how he took charge at the hostage site and wasn’t a pushover but he seems a bit smug, and I don’t really care to see a romance between him and Maggie, which is what the end hinted at, this show isn’t about romance. 

Overall this was a pretty good start to the season, a compelling case and it was nice to see the team back in action, glad the show is back and I think this will be a good season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think the informant's actions made perfect sense.  He knew the other two guys were up to something shady but didn't know they were going to shoot people in broad daylight. I guess maybe he suspected a quick snatch-n-grab robbery.  He drove the getaway car because, as he told OA, the Freedom Fighters were starting to suspect him so he went with OA's past advice to deflect suspicion by pretending to go along. He freaked out because at his first meeting with him, OA flat out told him that the driver would be considered just as guilty as the actual shooters. He was already on edge at the start so it's natural that his paranoia would have him start to doubt OA's intentions. I was actually expecting him to kill himself at the end. 

So Kristin is just gone?  I wonder if it was the actress' decision or the show's.  Too bad, I liked her. Seems weird that Maggie didn't mention her  absence since it seems she's just getting back from her undercover stint.  I liked Emily too so if Kristin had to be written out I wish they'd just kept her.

I found Tiffany a bit abrasive at first but I liked how she handled the hostile street dude. Her coming clean about why she left the NYPD paves the way for a better working relationship with Scola.  I did like that even though Tiffany came on with her thorns bared, Scola didn't respond in kind. He gave her room to settle in. 

I don't care for Nestor. He comes off as smarmy though I'm sure that's not the intent. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I love -LOVE- Josh Segarra, so I was really happy to hear he was guest starring. I hope he sticks around for at least a few episodes!

I haven't gone back to check, so maybe I just missed it, but how did Tiffany know Jalen's name?

Edited by SilverLake0315
  • Love 2