Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Let me get this straight. The FBI learns where the target is an hour and half before the attack is to occur and West Point can only find two officers to guard that gate? Did the FBI forget to call ahead and warn them that they were about to be attacked? Are there no security cameras monitoring that gate? I would like to have a word with whoever is in charge of security at West Point.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Here is the info for S02.E16, "Safe Room", to air on February 18, 2020:

After the police ignore a desperate father’s plea for help, he abducts a billionaire’s daughter and holds her hostage in a near-impenetrable safe room until his own missing child is returned to him. Also, Jubal puts his hostage negotiation skills to the test.

Moral of the story: Don't let the public know you are throwing a $2 million birthday party.

If Helton was in good standing with the Kirkendalls, he couldn't ask them for a favor to hire a PI to find his daughter? 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

This was a decent episode - I liked seeing how the team split up and handled the case, and I liked Jubal’s role a lot - I know people are mixed on whether they like Jubal or not on this site, I happen to like him a lot and it was nice seeing him get a heavy role outside the office, he was really good tonight, negotiating with the guy and then making the call to breach the room. 

I’ve really liked how everyone has worked together in the investigations this season compared to how it was almost all Maggie and OA last year, that’s been a big improvement for the show. 

I thought the same thing as the above poster about the kidnapper - since he had connections to the wealthy, why couldn’t he use those connections to try to get them to help out with his search for his daughter? Most people don’t have the tie he had to the wealthy, so it wasn’t like he didn’t have any resources. 

I think the episode might’ve been better if they hadn’t found the daughter and had had to come up with a ruse to get the father to believe they had, it might’ve been more realistic that way. And how were they able to ID the kidnapper so fast, was he in the facial recognition system just because he was in the military? 

This was a decent episode, not as good as some of the others this season but still good and I liked Jubal’s role.

Scola promising to get the dog a steak was funny. 

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Like 1
  • Love 10

Once again Maggie and OA are detailed all over the area to look for suspects.  And once again they have to chase one, although this time it was semi-legit because he ran first.  I would have laughed had he run down the fire escape instead of up to make his escape, what with the duo failing once again to call for backup to secure the scene.

Jubal got to talk at normal volume for almost the entire episode!

That was one helluva nice panic room.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, LisaM said:

I thought that the billionaire father was way too composed for someone whose daughter had been kidnapped. 

I enjoyed the episode too -- more team effort / less Maggie-OA domination.  

Totally noticed this -- the billionaire father's behavior led me to suspect him being involved.  Way too unemotional as time wore on during the search.  

Jubal did a great job and I admit to being surprised and sad when the kidnapper father passed away at the end, but he saved his daughter from a horrible situation.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

I liked the episode. I wish they had made a bit of a bigger deal of the fact that they not only found the daughter, but uncovered a Human Traffing Ring of several young girls.  I am not saying what the dad did was right...but considering the outcome I want to know why he was ignored.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I feel bad for the daughter.  Her mom and step dad die, but I'm not sure did they both die?  or just one left due to drugs?  both drug addicts?  Regardless, horrible childhood I'm sure, then both her parental figures die.  She gets sent to bio dad she didn't know.  After a few months she then gets kidnapped into human trafficking ring and her bio dad dies.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

I feel bad for the daughter.  Her mom and step dad die, but I'm not sure did they both die?  or just one left due to drugs?  both drug addicts?  Regardless, horrible childhood I'm sure, then both her parental figures die.  She gets sent to bio dad she didn't know.  After a few months she then gets kidnapped into human trafficking ring and her bio dad dies.  

Father died of drugs, raised by the mom who dies of disease I think. The mother before she dies looks up the bio dad and asks him to take care of his daughter he never knew about and the guys actually does (stretching reality a bit there). The little punk starts doing pot, real father grounds her, kid runs away and gets abducted and nobody cares outside of the bio dad.

The parts that are unrealistic are the kid will have a SS# and other documents and will be in the system (doctor visits, birth certificate, school records, etc) but the system will not list her as bio dads daughter (not on the birth certificate), you would need DNA testing done and she wasn't around long enough to do that. Also any under age kid with 2 dead parents will be getting a government check (the estate of her mother if there is anything worth getting) in the name of her new guardian and the place she is staying will be on file. Nowhere did they say the kid was undocumented as in illegally in the US.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I think the episode might’ve been better if they hadn’t found the daughter and had had to come up with a ruse to get the father to believe they had, it might’ve been more realistic that way

Maybe. But that would have been a black eye for the FBI (and compounded the police department's guilt in writing him off). The always get their man, remember.

The kidnapping father may not be a gazillionaire, but he's no panhandler. That safe room is bigger than my house.

The perfunctory, "There's the suspect! Everyone stare and point, shout his name and start running at him!" And agents can magically locate and get to anyone anywhere in the city in minutes.

I don't understand why the woman didn't lead with the fact that she gave the girl bus fare and knew where she was heading instead of having to have it dragged out of her. Or why the father didn't explain his newly-found daughter's story to the police when he reported her missing. Although, I believe that all through the episode he knew, but was in denial, that she had run away.

All in all, an entertaining, thought-provoking episode. 

Edited by Bobbin
typos cotrected.
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Bobbin said:

Maybe. But that would have been a black eye for the FBI (and compounded the police department's guilt in writing him off). The always get their man, remember.

The kidnapping father may not be a gazillionaire, but he's no panhandler. That safe room is bigger than my house.

The perfunctory, "There's the suspect! Everyone stare and point, shout his name and start running at him!" And agents can magically locate and get to anyone anywhere in the city in minutes.

I don't understand why the woman didn't lead with the fact that she gave the girl bus fare and knew where she was heading instead of having to have it dragged out of her. Or why the father didn't explain his newly-found daughter's story to the police when he reported her missing. Although, I believe that all through the episode he knew, but was in denial, that she had run away.

All in all, an entertaining, thought-provoking episode. 

The kidnapping father was using another family’s house and safe room, he wasn’t wealthy himself, he just had access to wealthy people’s homes because of his job.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

The kidnapping father was using another family’s house and safe room, he wasn’t wealthy himself, he just had access to wealthy people’s homes because of his job.

Thanks. Missed that. My hearing is bad and it's getting harder to read the CC. That changes everything -- never mind! (R.I.P., Emily Litella aka Gilda Radner).

• Love 2

It was interesting. But this show always manages to ratchet up the urgency and layer on the compounding circumstances to stretch things out: 

• Kidnapped privileged teen!
  • FBI standoff in a near-impenetrable panic room!!
  • Kidnapper may be delusional - - but is not!!!
  • Kidnapper's missing daughter was actually abducted!!!!
  • Homing pigeons are involved!!!!!
  • Human trafficking!!!!!!
  • Missing daughter is in a coma and can't be used to de-escalate Kidnapper Dad!!!!!!!

... although I did appreciate the homing pigeons and wish more people would consider trading in their cell phone plans for a flock of pigeons. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, shrewd.buddha said:

I did appreciate the homing pigeons and wish more people would consider trading in their cell phone plans for a flock of pigeons. 

After all, that was the original way of texting...

• Like 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, shrewd.buddha said:

Missing daughter is in a coma and can't be used to de-escalate Kidnapper Dad

I disagree with the decision to lie to Dad. He was upset but he always said he wanted his daughter found, which they did.  They didn't need to tell him she was in a coma, just take a picture of her in the hospital, say she's being treated.  

(edited)

A little bit of reality check - If you call the police and tell them your daughter is missing  - What police department is going to ask for a birth certificate before they start  looking? Any police department is going to talk to the landlady and be given the same details the FBI got.   Now, maybe they wouldn’t have the resources to have found the bus footage or to find the guy... but they would have accepted a missing persons report and made the call to the cousin in Florida. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

Here is the summary for S02.E17, "Broken Promises", to air on March 10, 2020:

When the team is called to the scene of a murder, they quickly suspect political motivation, but when another murder occurs, they work to uncover a common thread before more bodies pile up. Maggie contemplates a decision that could affect her entire career.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

What was the profile Maggie fit for the special assignment: pregnant agent? 

Where would these people be without any recording device available? They should be grateful the bus was on time for once!

The FBI has staff 24 hours, did all these agents need to be called in at night on their off time for Nicole's shooting? They didn't show up when Ramirez got shot.

Did the actress playing Detective Howard have a "cold" during the time of shooting the scene? Couldn't find another actress with a clear voice? She told the director: please don't hire another actress, I can do this!!!!!!!!!!!

In two days after finding out about Alex's time in prison, Roman was able to find where Nicole (got 3 shots on her in a huge crowd), Ramirez, and Mona were going to be? This man has excellent tracking skills or kept serious tabs on these people all these years. 

To confirm Conroy's alibi, I would love to see a scene of FBI agents asking his clients if he was at their apartment at 7:30 selling them drugs.

I hope Conroy learnt his lesson to never send threats in text!

So what happen to Benny? Did Isobel forget to send for his arrest or was she too excited to want to tell Nicole's father they caught her killer?

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I liked this episode, this season has been really good IMO, the case was compelling, I did predict the father’s involvement as soon as he came onscreen but I still enjoyed watching how the case played out. Everyone got a nice role and there was good investigative work, I really like how this season they’ve added in roles for the background characters as well as adding more agents, it’s worked really well and everyone has excellent chemistry. 

I was a bit unclear of why the killer was going after Benny, what had he done to Alex? Did he get him involved in the gang? 

The reason the FBI didn’t show up when Ramirez was shot is that it appeared to be a routine gang murder, no real need for the FBI. 

So with Maggie being gone for several episodes, possibly for the rest of the season, I’m guessing Emily will partner with OA and Kristen will work with Scola. I’m curious as to what will happen after that, I would like to see Emily join the main cast for good but I’m not sure if they would add in another cast member, but I like her and I think Kristen works well in the office with Jubal and I really like how things are right now. I will miss Maggie but I like how the show can go on easily while one of its main characters is missing, it’s a good ensemble of characters. I just hope they don’t kill anyone off.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I was a bit unclear of why the killer was going after Benny, what had he done to Alex? Did he get him involved in the gang?

I think Benny was also involved in the shooting 4 years ago, Alex didn't tell the police on him and Ramirez and went to jail for them. The show didn't do a good job explaining him.

With what we know at the end, why didn't the father go after Benny first?

46 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

The reason the FBI didn’t show up when Ramirez was shot is that it appeared to be a routine gang murder, no real need for the FBI

I understand. I was being sarcastic. The agents getting called in at night for Nicole reminded me of the kidnapper from the last episode claiming the FBI only moves fast for the rich people.

I agree with the show has enough to survive without Maggie and wonder how Missy will feel if ratings goes up during her absence.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I got a bit of a laugh when OA and Maggie got the call about the suspect car, and approached it with guns drawn.  All the while, the NYPD officers are just standing back, guns in holsters, waiting for something to happen.

• Love 2

The boy should have ratted his friend out and moved so he could go to college. The family should have moved as well to be safe. Lets be honest the father popped the leader of the gang in his own turf and nobody came after him anyway, not much of a gang.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The FBI has staff 24 hours, did all these agents need to be called in at night on their off time for Nicole's shooting? They didn't show up when Ramirez got shot.

Besides pointing to and calling out the suspect's name from across the street to give him a running start, the other trope in crime shows is that only the show's principals can be called to the scene, any time of the day and no matter how far away they are. At least CSI once or twice acknowledged that LVPD did have a day shift.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

My understanding is that four years ago, Alex was driving a car with Benny in it. Benny actually fired the shots that killed someone. Alex didn’t know that was going to happen. When the prosecutor pressed him to talk, Alex’s father told him not to give up Benny. That’s because Ramirez has threatened Alex’s father and his family and also assured him Alex would be protected. Ramirez is apparently somewhat high up in the gangs or something. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Xantar said:

My understanding is that four years ago, Alex was driving a car with Benny in it. Benny actually fired the shots that killed someone. Alex didn’t know that was going to happen. When the prosecutor pressed him to talk, Alex’s father told him not to give up Benny. That’s because Ramirez has threatened Alex’s father and his family and also assured him Alex would be protected. Ramirez is apparently somewhat high up in the gangs or something. 

I’m pretty sure Ramirez was the one who killed someone while in the car with Alex. That’s why I’m a bit unsure as to Benny’s role. 

9 hours ago, FinnishViewer said:

Her character is not pregnant. Or was the question in jest?

Jest. 

10 hours ago, Bobbin said:

Besides pointing to and calling out the suspect's name from across the street to give him a running start, the other trope in crime shows is that only the show's principals can be called to the scene, any time of the day and no matter how far away they are.  

And this time no words spoken, the suspect just looked at the agents, saw the tiny letters "F.B.I.", took a few seconds to process and then was off to the races. The writers must read this board.

I do appreciate all the agents showing up in their business attire. Not one wore their PJs or kept their sweat pants on rushing from the gym.

• Like 1

I liked this episode and I don't get how the father knew where the girl would be as well as the other people he blamed. 

How do you guys know the person is the killer as soon as he is on the screen? 

I admit, I wonder how long until Mona and OA break up. Not sure why but I don't see this working out at all. 

On 3/11/2020 at 6:46 PM, Xeliou66 said:
On 3/11/2020 at 6:30 PM, Xantar said:

I’m pretty sure Ramirez was the one who killed someone while in the car with Alex. That’s why I’m a bit unsure as to Benny’s role. 

No. Benny was indeed in the car that Aex was driving, and Benny killed someone. Alex and family was threatened by Ramirez not to tell on Benny because Benny was in the gang that Ramirez was the leader of. Remember either OA or Scola questioning Benny about still being in the gang. He pulled down his sleeve to conceal the gang tattoo on his arm and said he was out. No idea why the dad didn't go after Benny first.

• Useful 2

Here is the description for S02.E18, "American Dreams" (1), airing in two weeks on March 24, 2020. Of note, based on the (1) after the title, it will apparently be a crossover event with FBI: Most Wanted.

In the first part of a crossover with FBI: Most Wanted, Jess LaCroix and his team come to help OA find a fugitive LaCroix arrested years ago after a bus with 26 students goes missing and he’s the main suspect.

Jubal introduced LaCroix like Michael Buffer introducing a boxer walking to the ring. Lacroix was missing a crown, cape and scepter as he walked through the masses!

Did the school bus driver really need to put out the stop sign? Always follow proper protocol for a bus jacking!

The scenes with the different agents working in the field didn't seem special. I was more interested to see Jubal and LaCroix clash over methods.

Barnes' introductory words to Scola were "you slept with my roommate..."? Seems odd to bring up in a professional building.

Emily called Stubb's name at the factory and he was off like horse out the gate and later OA shouts "FBI, don't move" from a second floor as Sam is outside (of course he runs). I wonder if the writers are treating these as a running gag!

Didn't take long for Sam to get killed and tossed in the trash.

How are the backup units 7 minutes away? They could have left at the same time OA left the FBI building!

The FBI has to check all leads, I don't get  Isobel being hesitant to send agents to "Play Town" without "real facts". She could have asked the local police to drive by and take a see. The kid's parents would have tried to kill her if they found out about this.

When was the father going to tell the FBI his son was home?  Oh! Uh! We just happened to find him walking down the side of the road!

Due to daddy paying for only Owen, the kid probably lost all the friends he had on the bus. Those other kids are pissed they weren't considered important enough for the rich father and will ignore Owen in the lunch room and playground.

Jubal! Those kids aren't going to school tomorrow.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Dumbass: "If we ID the driver [of the getaway vehicle] it might lead us to the kids!"
Netfoot: "Ya think?!??"

Dumbass: "Do you know what 88 is secret code for?"
Netfoot: "Two fat ladies?"

Dumbass: "They are throwing up the White Power symbol!"
Netfoot: "Well, that's OK then..."

Honestly this shit is hard to take.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I liked the episode but there was too many agents. lol 

I think Owen's dad should be charged with something and I feel bad for Owen. He lost all his friends who were on the bus. I don't watch crossovers so I guess I need to check out the message board and see what happened to his daughter. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Jubal introduced LaCroix like Michael Buffer introducing a boxer walking to the ring. Lacroix was missing a crown, cape and scepter as he walked through the masses!

After the intro, I thought "is everyone going to start applauding?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

"Hey OA, is that our guy?"

"Yep. Sure is."

"We're on the second floor and he's on the ground outside. Also, there's a barred window between us and him."

"Sounds like the perfect time to pull out our guns and yell at him to stop where he is!"

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Xantar said:

"Hey OA, is that our guy?"

"Yep. Sure is."

"We're on the second floor and he's on the ground outside. Also, there's a barred window between us and him."

"Sounds like the perfect time to pull out our guns and yell at him to stop where he is!"

I thought the same thing of that ridiculous scene -- laughable!!!

I did enjoy the crossover episodes though.  More interesting and not gruesome like last week.  So very, very sad for the people in cages when they found Tali.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Jubal! Those kids aren't going to school tomorrow.

He was talking to his ex-wife about his own kids - not the kids on the bus.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2