Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

This was a very good episode IMO. I really liked the investigation and the heavy role that everyone got, I’m really liking how it’s much more of a team effort this season. I enjoy having 4 field agents now and I like how some of the background people in the office have roles also. A heavy role for Jubal tonight which was nice, limited role for Isobel but she’s grown on me a lot since the start of the season.

The investigation was good, I suspected the girlfriends involvement but not how, it got complex in places with all of the financial dealings but it was good. 

I don’t care about OA’s personal life, at least they worked it into the case but I’m not a fan of personal drama. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Gotta say, if nothing else, this show is a lot more graceful in integrating regular characters' personal stories into the case of the week than other Dick Wolf shows.

Also it's kinda funny that despite being the nominal lead, Maggie is basically playing cheerleader for her colleagues' personal issues for a few weeks now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The always working Brad Hughes needs to bring his big laptop to a restaurant on a date. 

When Jubal was monologuing about Elana, it didn't seem anyone was paying attention to him. 

I can't see Mona lasting long on the show. She is too good to be true. She will be murdered.

I liked this show last season but it’s already got really really old and I can’t put my finger on why.   Maybe because OA really annoys me.  His outright bitchiness at going on a nice vacation with a richer then him (by admittingly a lot) annoyed me more then it probably was meant to.   I am guessing we were supposed to take his side and understand his reservation about having a woman pay for his vacation but it seemed all male privilegly to me.  Then he goes and throws himself on his sword instead of just telling who gave him a tip.  I don’t know.    

maybe it’s also I have a low tolerance for procedurals.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

His outright bitchiness at going on a nice vacation with a richer then him (by admittingly a lot) annoyed me more then it probably was meant to.   I am guessing we were supposed to take his side and understand his reservation about having a woman pay for his vacation but it seemed all make privilegly to me

He's totally mismatched with her. He even hinted at it to Maggie when they were driving.

• Like 1

Favorite line of the night: 

SEC Investigator - "We're looking into him regarding insider trading.                            

FBI agent:  "He was murdered last night."

SEC guy:  "This changes everything"

No shit, Sherlock.  It's a wonder anything gets by you top notch investigators.

What was Jubal drinking from a few times during the episode?  Medication, or what?

I didn't see a problem with OA's girlfriend giving him some info about a possible suspect, but she should have run it by her boss immediately afterward, just so they're all on the same page.  She had to have known that it could impact their own investigation.  Unless there's more to the story.

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I didn't see a problem with OA's girlfriend giving him some info about a possible suspect, but she should have run it by her boss immediately afterward, just so they're all on the same page.  She had to have known that it could impact their own investigation.  Unless there's more to the story.

Same here or maybe run it by the boss first but then, we wouldn't have a guy they could stake out and arrest. 

I liked this episode and I admit, I think OA's girlfriend will end up corrupt or dead. They need to call out the names of Kristen and her partner because I'm not remembering his name very well. 

8 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

Same here or maybe run it by the boss first but then, we wouldn't have a guy they could stake out and arrest. 

I liked this episode and I admit, I think OA's girlfriend will end up corrupt or dead. They need to call out the names of Kristen and her partner because I'm not remembering his name very well. 

Kristen's partner is Scola. Dick Wolf likes recycling names as there was a perp in the final season of Law & Order: Criminal Intent named Teddy Scola who killed his fashion designer former BFF and his daughter. (Even weirder was, in a subsequent episode  - in that same final season - there was a Broadway producer named Amanda Rollins, played by Cynthia Nixon, and mere months later, Det. Amanda Rollins appeared on SVU. At least Wolf spaces the recycling out now.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have a feeling OA's girlfriend is going to end up dead. Because that will pile on the drama and maybe someone has to stop OA from getting revenge or whatnot. But I guess her being corrupt works. That angle, I can see OA's job somehow being on the line thanks to something she does, too.

Either way, you know this will not end well for them.

• Love 1

Here is the synopsis for the next episode, to air on 11/12/2019, called "Undisclosed":

When a board member of a soon-to-be-public medical tech company is murdered, the team tries to find out who had the most to gain from his death. OA is conflicted when pressure to help a family member is at odds with his commitment to tell the truth.

• Love 1

I dislike the character payed by Alana de la Garza. I’ve not really warmed up to any characters she’s played.  I miss Sela Ward. Though she was the authoritative character there was still so warmth to her.  Subbing in de la Garza feels like they went for a similar look but didn’t quite make the feel.  They trot her out with her statement so that Sisto can shout out his lines and then put here back in her office until someone needs to see the principal. 

• Love 6

Didn't take long to add an "admission scandal" to the script but didn't have enough to make a full episode out of it.

$1.5 Billion is chump change to Sharma? 

Good to see Kristen and Scola get more screen time conducting the investigation but of course it's OA and Maggie at the end attempting to make an arrest.

At Corrine's apartment, Scola was not that far behind Tommy. Tommy made it down all those flights of stairs and disappeared in the street. Scola needs to work on his speed.

The driver of the garbage truck had plenty of time to see Tommy step off the curb and apply the brakes. 

Good that they made sure Corrine is arrested. 

Don't worry OA, Newark PD will have plenty of "Ryan" types applying for the job and most will be hired.

• Love 1

Tonight’s episode started out boring but got better as it went along, I liked the twist of the killer turning out to be the security guy that was interviewed at the start. I also liked Kristen and Scola getting more action. Not much of Jubal though it seemed. I’m really sick of OA’s personal life getting shoved down our throats, this is already the 3rd different personal thing this season alone we’ve gotten, and we had several last season as well. It just detracts from the show, and it doesn’t help that OA is my least favorite character, he’s frequently judgmental about stuff and seems to always be whining. I really wish they would ditch the OA personal stuff. Other than that I’ve really liked the show this season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 11/11/2019 at 1:16 AM, LisaM said:

Also like Scola, who I recall from the last season of Bones. 

I didn't much like him in Bones but I thought it was the character mannerisms but now I see him in this show with the same mannerisms I dislike him even more, YMMV.

So tow eps in a row Jubal is eating snacks in a very obvious manner - when will this anvil drop?

Another vote for liking this show so much better without personal drama.  And agreed that O.A.'s girlfriend will either be corrupt or killed (my guess will be the latter) because you know this guy isn't going to be allowed to be happy in this show. 

On another note, I was wondering if the actress who plays Maggie was pregnant as it seems she is wearing looser clothing and now the baggy jacket indoors.  So shallow me looked her up and yep!  She and her husband made the announcement in October, so I'm sure we'll be treated to scenes of her holding file folders in front of her and standing behind desks etc.   Which is much better than working the pregnancy into a show where the character she is playing is widowed/single.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I am curious as to why the FBI was involved in a straightforward murder case.  That's a state crime, and it's not like the FBI doesn't have enough to do already. 

Interesting that they named the suspect's wife Rachel Ward.  She is a well known actress, and you think they would have picked another name.

• Like 1

Stupid DVR went on the fritz and had to watch On Demand. 

I liked this episode and it was nice to see Kristen and Scola on the field. 

I think OA's uncle is very biased and doesn't look really think of what OA is saying but its good that OA thiinks about how being a cop is hard. 

Once again they get everything wrong. The number 3 train terminates in Brooklyn at New Lots Avenue. It was famous for being the most dangerous train in the system and was called the beast. There is no Housten street stop.

OA is really out of line for stopping his cousin from getting on the job. He really is a sanctimonious asshole.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd

Never watched this show before, but given my obsession with all things Theranos, I had to tune into this episode.

It makes sense that one of the patients would seek revenge. It's just really unfortunate that he turned his ire on the one person who was trying to expose the startup and its non-working technology.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 11/12/2019 at 10:12 PM, mxc90 said:

At Corrine's apartment, Scola was not that far behind Tommy. Tommy made it down all those flights of stairs and disappeared in the street. Scola needs to work on his speed.

I thought this was really weird, they go into a building, go up the elevator, chase UP the stairs, then the guy ends up at the street level. I must have looked away for a minute?

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, jabRI said:

I thought this was really weird, they go into a building, go up the elevator, chase UP the stairs, then the guy ends up at the street level. I must have looked away for a minute?

No, I really do think it was weird. I didn't look away and thought it was strange to go upstairs then suddenly end up on the street. 

• Like 1

Here is the synopsis for the next episode airing on 11/19/2019, "Codename: Ferdinand":

A car crash results in the death of a photographer; Maggie sympathizes with his widow when she notices similarities with her own husband's death.

On 11/14/2019 at 1:47 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

OA is really out of line for stopping his cousin from getting on the job. He really is a sanctimonious asshole.

How so? He did exactly what he was supposed to do, give an honest reference. Hell, the cousin of ill repute couldn't even be bothered to ask OA directly, instead he had his dad tell OA that he'd already given Newark PD his info for a reference. You pretty much get what you deserve when you spring that on a person you already know doesn't think very highly of you. The cousin thought he could leverage OA's professional reputation with familial obligation and it turns out he thought wrong.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
On 11/14/2019 at 12:47 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

I'm only two minutes into this episode, but how is OA out of line here?  He gets ambushed by family who tell him that a family member he doesn't particularly like put his name down as a reference without going so far as to reach out to OA first to let him know.  OA is completely justified to give this person a poor reference, and he doesn't owe it to this cousin to lie to help him get a job and place his own professional reputation on the line.

It's the cousin who's the asshole here.  If you or I put down a person's name for a reference without consulting them first or even having a decent idea of the kind of reference that person would provide it would be our fuckup, not the reference being a "sanctimonious asshole". 

• Like 1
  • Love 12

He is a sanctimonious asshole because he couldn’t recommend his cousin because he has a problem “telling the truth.” What did he lie about eating the last falafel. To be a cop stretching the truth is a feature not a bug. Especially if he goes undercover like OA supposedly did when your whole life is a lie. Hasn’t he ever heard of “testalying” which is a class in the academy.

I do agree that the cousin was wrong to rely on OA for anything. Big mistake. He would have been a lot better off if he never mentioned him at all.

The government needed a freelance photographer to take pictures? No agent available?

Were the Blakes sent to replace Philip and Elizabeth Jennings? Embarrassing Russian spies!

Maggie showed Lisa Blake a picture of "herself" (maybe in a wig with the same hair color) and asked her did she "recognize" this woman?! Maggie can recognize the scar on her palm but not Lisa's face?!

Lisa had the speed of the Flash to run from Maggie, close the door and in less than a second, fired shots through the door. As if the bullets came directly from her ass (she didn't have time to turn around and shoot).

NYPD and the FBI couldn't use binoculars to see who was in the Blake's car?

With the switch in the car, the Blakes could have been at their destination with time to spare for site seeing. Nope (why make the FBI's job hard to find them)!!! The Blakes decide to split up, didn't bother have cell phones, so Lisa shows up at the storage facility and promptly gets arrested (too bad she missed seeing the FBI vehicle parked outside).

Almost felt bad for Jubal that the CIA agent walked into his house and started to give orders.

With a big investigation going on, OA and "they" needed to look into Jeremy Parks' background because he was in a fender bender? 

Jeremy's insurance goes up and get grilled for 3 hours. Pay attention next time!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

This wasn’t a great episode, mainly because I don’t like spy plots very much, I prefer regular investigations of crimes, not spy intrigue stuff. And yeah I didn’t get why the CIA had some freelance photographer working for them and not a full fledged agent. I liked how they tied in the subplot about Maggie getting rear ended into the case even though it turned out to have nothing to do with it, and I was glad we didn’t get a sappy romantic ending between Maggie and Jeremy. 

Not enough Kristen and Scola. 

I’ve warmed up to Isobel but I miss Dana still.

Jubal was good as always. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Were the Blakes sent to replace Philip and Elizabeth Jennings? Embarrassing Russian spies!

I had the same thought.  At the time I said "the new Americans"

The thing I still don't understand was the Blake's conversation in the car before they "stumbled" upon the accident, and why would they call 9-1-1?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I have some other questions:

Why would Maggie's SUV have civilian plates, but still red lights and siren?

Why would the auto-lighting system in the storage unit work for Maggie and OA, but not for the spy?  And wouldn't it be more efficient for them to head for (likely) the only exit to keep the suspect bottled up until backup arrived? She was more than willing to kill either of the two agents.

Is Mrs. Photographer still out there by the accident site?  Maggie left her hanging.

Most importantly, given the current political climate, why would the son of the Iranian Defense Minister even be allowed (by either side) into the US to study?

I was interested in Jeremy's closing statement about 'too many red lights', and how it had been happening a lot lately.  Was that foreshadowing of something, or just a college professor having a run of bad luck?

• Like 1
  • Love 10

Honestly the CIA hiring a freelancer to conduct noncritical tasks like takeing pictures of two people meeting  doesn't seem that farfetched.  Not only does the CIA not have infinite manpower, using cutouts and deniable freelancers is basically espionage 101, and they rightfully wouldn't expect the opposition to go so far as to murder an enemy operative on enemy soil since that's a massive overreaction.  And there's the whole "CIA isn't supposed to operate on US soil thing".  Although it would've worked better if the victim was a PI rather than just a photographer.

That said I'm not sure why FBI agents like Maggie care so much about finding murderers   They're not homicide detectives.

Also they really did work hiding Missy Peregrym's pregnancy, especially in the storage locker scene.  Props to her on being game for a fight scene while pregnant.  Knowing that I kinda winced when the female spy punched her in the stomach.

Edited by Mars477
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, preeya said:

I had the same thought.  At the time I said "the new Americans"

The thing I still don't understand was the Blake's conversation in the car before they "stumbled" upon the accident, and why would they call 9-1-1?

The conversation about her school kids or winning the lottery and getting out of this life?

As the other car was approaching (thinking they would stop to help) they needed to keep their cover as good citizens and call 911 to avoid questions. 

3 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Why would the auto-lighting system in the storage unit work for Maggie and OA, but not for the spy? 

If Russia could hack Ben's car, maybe she had them hack into the lighting system to only turn on for FBI agents. 

3 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Is Mrs. Photographer still out there by the accident site?  Maggie left her hanging.

A little follow up would be nice. Maggie said she would send a team to her right before the chase. If she remembered to call after the run, fight and arrest.... I'm impressed.

Maggie was pissed Lisa "played" her in the interrogation but during that time, she lied to Lisa about her being pregnant. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Jubal was good as always. 

He is the most useless and easily dispensed with character in the show.  All he does is stand there, shouting instructions to people who should already know what to do.  

ETA:  Usually, the instructions don't even originate with him!

Edited by Netfoot
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

I had to go back and check the accident, I guess Jeremy was tailgating? 

Not really tailgating, as they were all lined up at a stoplight.  He saw the light turn green, assumed Maggie would move, and tagged her when she didn't.  Been there, done that.

• Like 1

"Maggie showed Lisa Blake a picture of "herself" (maybe in a wig with the same hair color) and asked her did she "recognize" this woman?! Maggie can recognize the scar on her palm but not Lisa's face?!"

I thought that was crazy, and why didn't they run facial recognition like they always do, it would have popped up right away.  The writing is getting even sloppier, if that's possible.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 11/19/2019 at 10:09 PM, mxc90 said:

The government needed a freelance photographer to take pictures? No agent available?

The Agency depends on lots of freelancers to do simple things like that. There's not a big enough budget to pay for full-timers. 

• Love 1

The writing is pretty lousy on this show.  Too bad as I enjoy the actors but the story makes you check your brain at the door.  I was disappointed that it didn't work out for Maggie and the guy who rear ended her car.  I think the actress had the biggest brightest smile I've ever seen from her on this show when she got the phone call wanting to take her out to lunch.  

And I don't think Missy did those fight scenes.  If you notice, they cut off her head in the fight scenes, so my guess is that they used a stunt person.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

The writing is pretty lousy on this show.  Too bad as I enjoy the actors but the story makes you check your brain at the door.  I was disappointed that it didn't work out for Maggie and the guy who rear ended her car.  I think the actress had the biggest brightest smile I've ever seen from her on this show when she got the phone call wanting to take her out to lunch.  

And I don't think Missy did those fight scenes.  If you notice, they cut off her head in the fight scenes, so my guess is that they used a stunt person.  

Pretty sure you're right, especially since Missy Peregrym is pregnant.

Here is the description of the next episode [episode 9 for anyone counting!], "Salvation", to air on November 26, 2019:

After an altercation with a student, teacher Patrick Miller goes missing, leading the team to investigate everyone who might have had a grudge against him. Also, a key witness in the case steps up to help, and Maggie does whatever she can to ensure their safety.

• Love 1

This episode jumped from a possible teacher/student relationship to murder to gang life to a sting operation and now immigration/clash with ICE. My goodness!

Maybe Alex thought if Max can take a swing at the Patrick then let me get my shot! 

So Patrick needed to "clear his head" and didn't go home because Alex took a swing at him and he couldn't help him reach his potential or did he have second thoughts for filing the report against him? Anyway, Patrick is taking feelings way too hard for his students. Trying to pay off Max was absurd.

The moment Patrick told Vanessa to call the police (she knows he is in Coney Island/boardwalk/ID his car), the Long Island 911 operator could have been in touch with NYPD and they could have been there in a few minutes. Nope! Her response is "What are you talking about?" She didn't mention Coney Island until Maggie and OA showed up the next day.

Too bad Patrick died not knowing if she was quick to call. At least their her home will be cleaned and spotless! She'll probably go back to Max now!

All these videos of Patrick but none of his abduction.

Scola is cool when a gun is pointed at him.

Were Maggie, OA, and the FBI SWAT team staged directly outside the gang's hideout? The gang doesn't have look outs? 

Why did The FBI agents take Jessica back to her home instead of FBI headquarters (where ICE would have trouble finding/arresting her)? By separating her from the rest of the gang during the arrest they made it obvious she was working with them (she is definitely finished when she gets back to Mexico).

When did ICE find out Jessica has a violent history? When she opened up to Maggie and OA? 

Maggie made a promise to Jessica and the judge didn't honor it??!!? I'm shocked she didn't follow Maggie's word! 

For a moment, I thought Jessica was playing Maggie and she killed Patrick.

I'm sure Maggie still has doubts if OA will take a bullet after they made up.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Why did The FBI agents take Jessica back to her home instead of FBI headquarters (where ICE would have trouble finding/arresting her)? By separating her from the rest of the gang during the arrest they made it obvious she was working with them (she is definitely finished when she gets back to Mexico).

When did ICE find out Jessica has a violent history? When she opened up to Maggie and OA? 

Maggie made a promise to Jessica and the judge didn't honor it??!!? I'm shocked she didn't follow Maggie's word! 

For a moment, I thought Jessica was playing Maggie and she killed Patrick.

I'm sure Maggie still has doubts if OA will take a bullet after they made up.

Change Maggie back into Jack McCoy and its deja vu all over again. Were was the US Attorney who actually has to try to prosecute the gang with a probably dead witness?

• Love 2