Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I do enjoy this show but it’s starting to feel very Olivia Benson that Maggie is always right, always the one who solves things.  Spread out the kudos, show.  Otherwise, it will get very, very old and eye-roll-worthy.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, MerBearHou said:

I do enjoy this show but it’s starting to feel very Olivia Benson that Maggie is always right, always the one who solves things.  Spread out the kudos, show.  Otherwise, it will get very, very old and eye-roll-worthy.

I haven't been able to stand Benson in years and yes i'm getting the same kind of vibes about Maggie. And also like Benson there's something smug about Maggie.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mommalib said:

I haven't been able to stand Benson in years and yes i'm getting the same kind of vibes about Maggie. And also like Benson there's something smug about Maggie.

Agreed 100%.  I do like FBI and it’s new enough that they can hopefully avoid the screw-up that SVU became due to St. Olivia.  

• Like 1

The bouncer probably refused to let the girls in because one of them got his burger order wrong.

FBI agents (not named Maggie and OA) didn't respond to the first threat on the club? I'm shocked!

How much did Disney pay for every time "First Order" was mentioned?  

Those therapists couldn't get the racist thoughts out of Ivan's head?

Jim probably had plenty of opportunities to kill Patrice but decides to shoot up a club in the dark.

Kristen learned a hard and valuable lesson: the star of the show is never wrong! 

As usual, no need to call Northport police to get to Patrice. OA and Maggie will leap over traffic and get there from Manhattan in no time.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Jim probably had plenty of opportunities to kill Patrice but decides to shoot up a club in the dark.

Kristen learned a hard and valuable lesson: the star of the show is never wrong!

Honestly Jim shooting up the club was a little bit clever.  By shooting up the club and "just happening" to kill Patrice, he gets everyone looking for a whacko mass shooter instead of for someone with an actual motive to kill her like he had.

I choose to believe that Maggie is always right because the Devil gave her that power in exchange for her soul.  Because Maggie knows the Devil:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0955322/?ref_=nm_knf_t3

That said Maggie has shitty tactical awareness.  Jim would have killed her ass if he'd just been smart enough to shoot Odam in the head while he was down trying to recover.  He had a Glock 19.  That's 15 rounds in the clip and 1 in the chamber.  Finish off the one threat and then go after the other one.  At which point he can kill Patrice at his leisure and get a jump on the pursuit.

Maggie and Odam kind of deserved to die for being stupid enough to go to a place occupied by someone under active threat from a killer without bringing backup.

Edited by johntfs
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

I liked this episode. It took some nice twists and had a good investigation, good twist of the angry boyfriend disguising the attack as a random mass shooting. 

I liked having Kristen and Scola show up at the scene along with Maggie and OA at the start. I’ve warmed up to Isobel some, I liked her in this episode a lot. Jubal was good as always, and I liked the final conversation between Jubal and Isobel.

The only thing I didn’t like was Maggie and OA going into the house without backup once again at the end, it made no sense why Jubal wouldn’t call the local cops or a SWAT team or have Kristen and Scola meet them there, it was made no sense to have them enter the house without any backup, and it was done just for dramatic effect. This is the second time this season that has happened, and it bugs me. And I didn’t like the detective character, he just had a stick up his ass and served no purpose other than to stir shit up. 

This was a good episode overall.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Honestly Jim shooting up the club was a little bit clever.  By shooting up the club and "just happening" to kill Patrice, he gets everyone looking for a whacko mass shooter instead of for someone with an actual motive to kill her like he had.

I choose to believe that Maggie is always right because the Devil gave her that power in exchange for her soul.  Because Maggie knows the Devil:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0955322/?ref_=nm_knf_t3

True. I guess he had her in his sights and Caleb got in the way. If he did shoot her, it would take a while but roads would lead to him. The roommate and ex boss would mention him. 

• Love 1

Are there only four FBI agents in all of NYC?

Maggie & OA are in either Manhattan or Brooklyn. Perp is tracked as being on the LIE. Possible victim is in Northportt, Long Island.

Maggie & OA get to Northport in a matter of minutes, save the potential victim, kill the perp, and get back to the office in record time (again).

This is more than unbelievable, it is ridiculous. Don't these writers know anything about the geography of NYC and it's surrounding areas. It is bigger than a bread box and generally congested.

I'm finished venting.

• Like 1
  • Love 11

I don't understand why the ex boyfriend didn't just shoot her the second he showed up at the house before the FBI arrived? If you are that pissed off that you decided to shoot her AND a bunch of innocent people at a club to make it look like a hate crime why would you wait to kill her when she is alone in an out of the way location?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, preeya said:

Maggie & OA are in either Manhattan or Brooklyn. Perp is tracked as being on the LIE. Possible victim is in Northportt, Long Island.

Maggie & OA get to Northport in a matter of minutes, save the potential victim, kill the perp, and get back to the office in record time (again).

This is more than unbelievable, it is ridiculous. Don't these writers know anything about the geography of NYC and it's surrounding areas. It is bigger than a bread box and generally congested.

I'm finished venting.

They did bring in the other detective from Bones and the tech girl is now a field agent so they have 2 teams to do the leg work where there used to be only one.

I gave up making sense of TV show timing (getting from A to B in one commercial break just in time to find the criminal there who had hours head start) when I was 5. You have what 42 minutes plus commercials to tell a story in an hour and the real world where the FBI would just have the locals bag the criminal once they figured out who and where they are is gets boring fast. Most Feds and police never shoot anyone, these guys do it every week.

6 hours ago, preeya said:

I'm finished venting.

It would take at least 1.5 hours in usual traffic to get from Midtown Manhattan to Northport - perhaps more. Where was Long Island's SWAT team? I was also worried that the perp was going to run out to the car and shoot Patrice while Maggie was searching the house for him. 

Still do not like Isobel. At least they gave Jubal another scene and more meat than just his usual yelling "listen up people" scene. 

I kept thinking - "blow up your fledgling career, Kristen" by calling that reporter! The cop egging her on was not smart. I like the budding relationship between Kristen and Scola. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, preeya said:

Sorry about the length.  I just wanted to get the beginning.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I boycotted this episode. I will not watch anything that has white supremacy in the blurb. 

That is why I am going to skip Chicago Med this week as it is another Dick Wolf disaster with imaginary villains.

Chicago's, Med, Fire and P.D. are a triple crossover.

1 minute ago, preeya said:

Chicago's, Med, Fire and P.D. are a triple crossover.

I know. I urge everyone to skip them as they are more Dick Wolf nonsense. Anytime you see white supremacy listed in the coming attractions you need to give that show a Pasadena.

Dick Wolf uses a formula that is poisonous and this FBI show is all about it. Beyond preposterous it should be listed in the science fiction section where you can be beamed to East Northport from Manhattan in ten minutes.

Ridiculous tripe.

• LOL 2

Question: Why was the FBI involved in the first place? True, we had that whole "white supremacy First Order" red herring, but that didn't come up until after the detective mentioned that there had been a previous incident. 3 shot, one fatally, at a night club. That is FBI case? Because that's all there was at first!!!! In fact, the moment (early on) that the bartender (?) mentioned that the gunman bypassed people to "apparently have a particular target in mind" (even if they didn't know who the target was, it was obviously personal, not a hate crime, and the police should have handled it!!

16 minutes ago, illdoc said:

Question: Why was the FBI involved in the first place? True, we had that whole "white supremacy First Order" red herring, but that didn't come up until after the detective mentioned that there had been a previous incident. 3 shot, one fatally, at a night club. That is FBI case? Because that's all there was at first!!!! In fact, the moment (early on) that the bartender (?) mentioned that the gunman bypassed people to "apparently have a particular target in mind" (even if they didn't know who the target was, it was obviously personal, not a hate crime, and the police should have handled it!!

And all the club folks certainly seemed like they had previously warned the FBI and not the NYPD 

55 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

I liked this episode.  I like Maggie, in general, and don't think she's like Benson.  I like her calm.

If she was like Benson, I wouldn't be watching. St. Olivia is unbearable.

• Love 1
On 10/9/2019 at 1:28 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Nope, it did. Being held for mid season. Alana De La Garza was originally in the cast there, but she was moved to FBI original, for whatever reason.

Law & Order, transferred to LA, comes back to a guest spot SVU between other half a season and cancelled shows and now here. Dick Wolf seems protective of some of his troupe, as long as they are not Michael Moriarty.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:10 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Got to love the tried and true tropes. Or not!

I finally caught up, even after the car bomb the Secret Service does not jump in? They subverted my expectations and went the other way with show branding as everybody is FBI, even the "we will give you protection Ms front running  Presidential candidate.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:14 PM, illdoc said:

Question: Why was the FBI involved in the first place? True, we had that whole "white supremacy First Order" red herring, but that didn't come up until after the detective mentioned that there had been a previous incident. 3 shot, one fatally, at a night club. That is FBI case? Because that's all there was at first!!!!

White supremacists had threatened to shoot up the club the week before. I believe violent white supremacist groups are considered by law enforcement to be domestic terrorists and so they come under Federal jurisdiction. In real life I kind of think the DHS would be the agency investigating the original threats, but once the shooting occurred, it wouldn't be surprising that the FBI would be called in because of the previous threats.

• Like 1
On 10/16/2019 at 8:30 PM, preeya said:

If she was like Benson, I wouldn't be watching. St. Olivia is unbearable.

Yeah Maggie is nothing like St Olivia IMO, we don’t hear people constantly telling Maggie how she’s the greatest thing since sliced bread and we don’t have everyone constantly bowing to her and Maggie doesn’t shove her views on to everyone else. St Olivia is unbearable now.

• Love 1

Here is the description for Season 2, Episode 5, "Crossroads", which will air on October 22, 2019:

A loving husband and father of two, Jim Russo, is kidnapped after accidentally getting involved in illegal dealings far beyond what he imagined. Also, Jubal must make a difficult decision regarding his family and their future.

19 hours ago, Rambler said:

once the shooting occurred, it wouldn't be surprising that the FBI would be called in because of the previous threats

Except that the FBI was investigating before they knew about the threats. Or rather, if someone told the FBI about the threats, no one bothered to tell the actual investigating team about them, since our guys didn't know anything about it until the detective told the one agent, who told Maggie & OA about it! I guess it was a case of "I just go where they tell me" and our people never bothered to ask "Why are we here?"

• Love 1

When did the DEA and FBI share an office?

Why didn't Russo (after he regained consciousness) immediately tell the truth about the police checkpoint and take them to where the cocaine was buried. With that there would be a 65/35 chance they don't kill him.

El Patron has to be a high score for the government than the rescue of Russo. Isobel is very lucky DEA Brennan didn't go the AG to shut the FBI operation down. But don't worry Brennan, (in a future episode) El Patron will be arrested by Maggie and OA. They will take the glory you were hoping to get.

So El Patron wanted to keep Russo alive and hear what happend to the drugs from him face to face?! If the FBI had waited the DEA could have arrested El Patron and FBI rescued Russo. I wonder who broke this news to Brennan?

I'm impressed for the picture quality from the very small pendant Maggie was wearing.

The moment the man said "sweetheart" to Kristin, start the countdown to her correcting his ass. At times, the writing can be so predictable.

Another good episode IMO, the case was very complex but good. Everyone had a nice role in this episode and I’m liking how there are more people involved in the investigation this season, nice to see more of Kristen and Scola, I liked Maggie and Kristen at the bar with Scola and OA in the car, I’ve warmed up to Isobel and Jubal was good as always, and I was glad to see a lot of agents go in on the final raid of the house instead of just Maggie and OA likes its been a couple of times this season. 

I hope they don’t start bringing personal stuff into episodes, but it was nice to see more of Jubal so I didn’t mind that minor subplot. I think OA’s new girlfriend that he was talking about will play a role in a future episode. 

Overall I’ve liked every episode this season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Why is it that all the SWAT guys wear helmets, but our intrepid agents are always bareheaded?

Isn't counterfeiting handbags also a felony?  Russo would have to be really stupid to take on that kind of risk for a small payout.  Plus, you never know if some local mob is behind it and you still get a bullet.  Work another shift, guy.

Isn't that the same house as the last episode of Evil?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Why is it that all the SWAT guys wear helmets, but our intrepid agents are always bareheaded?

Isn't counterfeiting handbags also a felony?  Russo would have to be really stupid to take on that kind of risk for a small payout.  Plus, you never know if some local mob is behind it and you still get a bullet.  Work another shift, guy.

The bigger issue is why do SWAT teams spend so much time training when on operations untrained detective types always insist to go along and get in the way instead of doing something useful like covering the back door until the rooms are cleared? After all said agent was a Ranger SEAL in the military service "so I will be useful while in the way😉. Simply because they are the star and it looks brave.

As for the specific helmet issue. Although in the last 15 years or so they have gotten smaller because protection from air burst of shrapnel is no longer their primary purpose as it had been since 1914 they still make identification harder because they change the shape of the head. Even a relatively accurate show like Flashpoint had their SWAT team drop the helmets after the pilot episode.  However after Zero Dark Thirty and the SEAL tech shown shows about the tactical team tend to keep their cast in the helmets as they are used to mount  the special forces night vision tech.

As to the target lock on the specific crime that detectives get instead of using the Al Capone strategy of locking them away on the crime less hidden by the bad guy.. Well I don't know. 

Edited by Raja

I think they only kept him alive until he said where he berried their coke (half a million worth they said or something like that).

Not sure I get this story. Cocaine is pretty much worthless in Mexico because of how much is made and how easy it is to make. Once you get it inside the US (or other major country with money) it is then worth quite a bit. Cartels send it over the border or from the ocean in 1000's of different ways expecting some or most of it to be found so they probably dupe people into moving it knowing if they get busted no big deal. Now once you have the product in the US you probably use trusted people who know the contents of their packages to move the stuff giving them more and more product after they show they are reliable. So I don't get why they would get an unknown guy to move half a million dollars worth of product his first week.

Those helmets probably mess up the stars hair in between takes so that's why they don't use them. Not covering all sides of the house is pretty stupid in a raid especially when they can see you coming a mile away.

The guy who died firing the UZI was the high level snitch correct?

I thought Brennean was the bad guy the way he was acting. I liked that Isabel told the guy they were going to do the raid, no matter what. 

I liked the episode though and really thought it was stupid they would keep Russo alive like that. I did think he was dead. 

• Like 1

Next up:  The local PD notices a string of thefts in which parking meters are cut off, a la Cool Hand Luke, and they ask the FBI for assistance.  Jubal immediately says "Of course, because the coins are federal money, so we can get involved.  Now, disappear from the rest of the episode because you have no further purpose."

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Netfoot said:

WTF is a "Ranger SEAL" ?  Rangers are Army, SEALs are Navy.  I didn't know you could be both.

It's a joke. I am now starting to add Raider, as just a Marine, even a Scout Sniper Recon Marine doesn't make the TV character cut. But Raiders might still be too new to have veterans become Detective Agents 

3 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Gotcha.  You could also throw in Delta, maybe even SAS.

I remember on one attempt to start a Criminal Minds franchise the team had an ex SAS sniper at the same time NCIS was running a story that Ziva had to become a US citizen in able to become an actual US Federal Agent.  However Ranger SEAL Raider is getting unwieldy enough

There is apparently a repeat this week, but the synopsis for season 2, episode 6 airing on November 5, 2019 is up, titled "Outsider":

After a Wall Street investor is murdered, the team is led to an insider-trading ring that uses unconventional methods to gain information. Also, OA struggles to maintain confidence in his budding relationship with Mona

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

There is apparently a repeat this week, but the synopsis for season 2, episode 6 airing on November 5, 2019 is up, titled "Outsider":

I’m not looking forward to OA personal drama, I have no idea why they are introducing this, I like how this show stays away from personal soap operas. They like to have OA bring his personal feelings into the cases sometimes and that gets tiresome now apparently we’re going to have personal drama with him. Blah. The references to his girlfriend in the last episode were very forced. 

On 10/25/2019 at 10:59 AM, illdoc said:

CBS often has reruns during the last week in October, so they can have all new stuff during November sweeps. Tuesday's line-up and most of Thursday's are reruns next week.

There is also the fear of competing with the baseball World Series  which have gotten pushed later in the month of October as MLB added more playoff games

On 10/10/2019 at 9:14 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

This show is so bad that the present her as a Congresswoman but in the interview room they call her a Senator. Who writes this crap?

Senators are members of Congress. Congress is bicameral--composed of the House of Representatives and the Senate, together comprising "Congress." Senator is more accurately descriptive, but both are correct.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

Senators are members of Congress. Congress is bicameral--composed of the House of Representatives and the Senate, together comprising "Congress." Senator is more accurately descriptive, but both are correct.

It is not correct. Nobody ever calls a Senator a Congressman. Just try it with a Senator. They would bite your head off.

• Love 2

Really glad OA's girlfriend wasn't dirty. There were a few moments when I thought "uh oh, she's too good to be true& has so much $$." 

So I was happy to be wrong. Plus they make a handsome couple.

• Like 1
  • Love 4