Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

FBI

Recommended Posts

This thread will remain so, as there is not enough traffic to justify a forum.

But here is the description for the Season 2 premiere, "Little Egypt", to air on September 24th:

Quote

After a bomb detonates at a restaurant in Queens, the case becomes personal for OA, who grew up eating there. But what initially seems like a terrorist attack reveals itself to be more complex, and OA goes undercover to prevent another incident.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This thread will remain so, as there is not enough traffic to justify a forum.

But here is the description for the Season 2 premiere, "Little Egypt", to air on September 24th:

Another bombing!! Jesus Christ, how many bombing stories can they do, and another it’s personal case for OA. I’m still looking forward to the show though, and I’m interested to see how “Rubirosa” will be in Dana’s role, also I’ve heard Kristen will be in the field and will have a new partner. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw the Season Finale that I had missed. Does anyone here think that Dana is being pushed out and she is calling it a retirement? 

Edit: I wrote this and guess I got distracted and forgot to hit Reply... what the heck. lol 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/18/2019 at 8:55 PM, Waterston Fan said:

I just saw the Season Finale that I had missed. Does anyone here think that Dana is being pushed out and she is calling it a retirement? 

Edit: I wrote this and guess I got distracted and forgot to hit Reply... what the heck. lol 

I wonder if the higher ups wanted Dana out because she let Maggie work on the case involving her husbands death? Definitely a possibility, but I doubt we’ll hear anything about it, since Dana had a goodbye scene with Jubal in the season finale I doubt we will hear anything more about Dana.

Share this post


Link to post

I see Jubal has failed to get his volume button fixed over the summer! Hope Jeremy Sisto has Chloraseptic nearby.

And Kristen's new partner is actor John Boyd (I think? ETA: Yep, it is!) that took over for actor John Francis Dailey/Sweets on Bones when Sweets was killed off, as assistant to Booth, named Agent James Aubrey. Ironic as he worked for the FBI on that show, too! And I recall his schtick was that he was almost always eating.

And the Dick Wolf stable is still intact. Writer is Rick Eid, who wrote for all three Law & Order shows and director is Arthur W. Forney, a producer in said Law & Order franchise.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

One quirk that carried over to FBI also from the Law & Order world is having the woman do most of the driving. LOL! Which...cool! But I don't think you see it much on other similar shows.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm all for surprises about Kristen being an FBI agent but shouldn't she already have her badge from a graduation cermony, know she would have a partner before showing up for work that day and didn't need to be reminded to carry her weapon in the field?   

Too bad Jubal couldn't have been given a promotion. Castillo looks like another Dana (maybe more of a hard ass).

One dead and five injured after that big expolsion!!! We are supposed to believe a lot of those customers got out in time after the warning?

Who did OA piss off to be given the shittiest vehicle from the FBI lot or is that his personal vehicle? 

Those fools went through all that trouble to bomb the restaurant and got mixed up with 1:00 am and 1:00 pm.

Karim didn't seen surprised OA was FBI.

Maggie couldn't have yelled to everyone they had less than a minute and run away fast?

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

And Kristen's new partner is actor John Boyd (I think? ETA: Yep, it is!) that took over for actor John Francis Dailey/Sweets on Bones when Sweets was killed off, as assistant to Booth, named Agent James Aubrey. Ironic as he worked for the FBI on that show, too! And I recall

Thank you! Could not recall where I knew him from.

5 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Those fools went through all that trouble to bomb the restaurant and got mixed up with 1:00am & 1:00pm?

I think that was due to Justin being an idiot but they didn't circle back around to that. Shrug.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I don't like the new boss. Her basically saying the ends justify the means is pretty awful for someone in law enforcement. I think it was pretty clear Karim was being pushed into this by his friend and the undercover FBI agent. This episode just left a bad taste in my mouth. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, fireice13 said:

I don't like the new boss. Her basically saying the ends justify the means is pretty awful for someone in law enforcement. I think it was pretty clear Karim was being pushed into this by his friend and the undercover FBI agent. This episode just left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Mine too. I miss Dana. Not sure I will stick around but I do like Kristen in the field and the guy from Bones. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Who did OA piss off to be given the shittiest vehicle from the FBI lot or is that his personal vehicle? 

Don't know about that, but did this show take vehicles from the now-done Law & Order shows? I swear the SUV that Maggie drives looks almost identical to the SUV that Goren and Eames used to ride in on Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Why not just use cars, Dick Wolf?

On another note, I like Sela Ward and liked Dana. I like Alana De La Garza from Original Law & Order and the gone-too-soon Forever, but her character here just seemed to be a bitch just for the sake of being a bitch, maybe to be different from Dana? But it didn't work for me. Hope it gets toned down.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Decent season premiere IMO. While I get sick of “it’s personal” cases for OA and bombings, I still thought the episode was decent, I liked the various twists the case took, and it was nice to see everyone again. I’m unsure about the new boss, I loved her on L&O as Rubirosa but on here she seemed a bit stiff and cold, and I also didn’t care for her “ends justify the means” attitude. I will have to see more of her to decide whether I like her or not, but as of now I miss Dana. 

I’m curious to see more of Kristen and her new partner in the field, I liked her new partner, and I was surprised we didn’t see more of the Asian tech guy (have they ever said his name?), I wonder if he will take over more of the tech stuff at the office. 

The episode had nice visuals which I liked a lot. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm willing to bet (but not on 19) that the 'end justifies the means' statement was put in there specifically to foreshadow a plotline this season.

With all the surveillance tech in that room, why was it necessary for the FBI to ask permission to access the cameras on the wall of the apartment building?  They seem to hack into everything else.  Yes, the underlying purpose was for exposition on Kristen's partner's history, but still...

I thought disgraced agents went to Butte, Montana, not Omaha.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

The religion scholar in me is currently suffering a brain bleed from OA's "Muslims don't read the Bible." Uh, yes they do, cowboy. Jews, Christians & Muslims all embrace at least the first 5 books of the Old Testament. They are all "people of the book." I hope he was mortified saying that line. 

Does every Jubal scene start with, "ok, listen up, people!"? I want more for you, Jubal. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

Does every Jubal scene start with, "ok, listen up, people!"?

He is the Official Shouter.  All he ever does is shout at everyone while they stand around in a circle and listen.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

The religion scholar in me is currently suffering a brain bleed from OA's "Muslims don't read the Bible." Uh, yes they do, cowboy. Jews, Christians & Muslims all embrace at least the first 5 books of the Old Testament. They are all "people of the book." I hope he was mortified saying that line. 

Does every Jubal scene start with, "ok, listen up, people!"? I want more for you, Jubal. 

Well he was just working a suspect.

19 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

With all the surveillance tech in that room, why was it necessary for the FBI to ask permission to access the cameras on the wall of the apartment building?  They seem to hack into everything else.  Yes, the underlying purpose was for exposition on Kristen's partner's history, but still...

I thought disgraced agents went to Butte, Montana, not Omaha.

I was thinking if it was L&O a state judge already excluded everything from seeing that tape and now the DA has to find a work around.

On 9/24/2019 at 7:07 PM, mxc90 said:

I'm all for surprises about Kristen being an FBI agent but shouldn't she already have her badge from a graduation cermony, know she would have a partner before showing up for work that day and didn't need to be reminded to carry her weapon in the field?   

Who did OA piss off to be given the shittiest vehicle from the FBI lot or is that his personal vehicle? 

Those fools went through all that trouble to bomb the restaurant and got mixed up with 1:00 am and 1:00 pm.

The office field agent promotion was weird. I would have had her first day back to meet the new guy from Boston. With her forgetting her weapons it does seem as if the New York office just said you are now a Special Agent. 

I assumed the older SUV was a personal vehicle. 24 hour clock for operations people. The military learned that lesson centuries ago.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/26/2019 at 12:25 PM, Raja said:

The office field agent promotion was weird. I would have had her first day back to meet the new guy from Boston. With her forgetting her weapons it does seem as if the New York office just said you are now a Special Agent. 

To be a recent graduate and assigned to the office/floor she came from, she is very lucky. Most aren't granted their first choice. Maybe Jubal called in some favors and saved her from going to Nowheresville.

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

To be a recent graduate and assigned to the office/floor she came from, she is very lucky. Most aren't granted their first choice. Maybe Jubal called in some favors and saved her from going to Nowheresville.

Well in that case she is like all the CBS Federal Agents, although these days most are in NCIS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 2, to air October 1, 2019, is titled "The Lives of Others". Here is the summary:

After the son of a prominent Mommy blogger is kidnapped, the team must sweep through her two million followers to find the culprit. Kristen continues to adjust to life as a field agent with her new partner.

Another L&O franchise director for this one, Alex Chapple, whose name I saw enough on Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Dick Wolf must not like branching out!

Share this post


Link to post

So far I've been disappointed in every season premiere I saw this week, FBI, Blue Bloods, New Amsterdam and all three Chicagos, PD, Fire & Med.     I really hope that changes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Once again we have a fake hate crime. Except they have to dress it up with a “white neo-nazi” cut out to Make it politically correct instead of the actual perps of fake hate crimes.

 If there was a real hate crime against the Muslim community we would have wall to wall cable coverage and you would never hear the end of it. The whole premise that such crimes are not reported or published is the worst kind of lie. Typical of Dick Wolf. Phony and bogus all the way down.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/28/2019 at 11:39 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Once again we have a fake hate crime. Except they have to dress it up with a “white neo-nazi” cut out to Make it politically correct instead of the actual perps of fake hate crimes.

 If there was a real hate crime against the Muslim community we would have wall to wall cable coverage and you would never hear the end of it. The whole premise that such crimes are not reported or published is the worst kind of lie. Typical of Dick Wolf. Phony and bogus all the way down.

I would point out that in Not-Dana's first press conference (about the "fake hate crime"), she declined to mention who the perpetrators were...only that they were caught.  However, by the second press conference she was readily admitted that the criminals were Muslim.    I sorta understood her point about not revealing it in the first press conference.  But she lost all kinds of credibility here by perpetuating the stereotype of "all Muslims are bad" when she identified the perpetrators are Muslims.  Not saying that the crime wasn't committed by a Muslim, just that she made it a plot point on the first. 

I can't tell if Not-Dana is going to have problems down the road...or if this was just bad writing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

A package with a gift and note that says "To Eli. Love you forever" deserves a call to the police immediately.

If the Harpers had motion lights outside, maybe that could have helped deter the kidnapper or potential thieves.

Can't the home alarm be set to a different mode if the husband is not home?

Breakfast in bed for Eli! The kid has it made even if he feeds her food to his pet dinosaur.

The woman"s child is missing and she has time to login and read messages?

Nice for the other agents in the office to have some meaningful dialogue.

Todd the sex offender wants to be treated like a human? FU! OA wanted to choke him.

Can we get Kristen doing  some field work? Somehow she ended up back on the computer.

Maggie and OA are the only NY agents that can travel to NJ? I guess the NJ state police or the NJ FBI field office would not have arrived in time.

So the moral of the story is online viewers should demand to see if the pregnancy is real or threaten to unsubscribe? Also, don't show your entire home to the public or make it easy for thieves to find you and the FBI can find your deleted pics.

Lisa didn't understand the terms of the agreement?

Maggie shows up and Eli is chilling, listening to music. The kid didn't seem worried or panicked.

They are making sure Maggie smiles a lot more this season.

The Dahmer line works everytime to break the suspect down!

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I watch some YouTube cooks; one of whom has a kid & all I could think of is "gulp, I hope the X family has security cuz apparently there are nutballs out there who could figure out where this YouTube cook lives." Yikes

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I liked tonight’s episode, much better than the premiere. 

Good storyline, I liked all of the investigative avenues the case took, I couldn’t decide whether the parents were involved or not, and I liked the twist of it not being the guy who looked guilty but was really just a wannabe burglar. 

Jubal got a heavy role which was nice. Isobel didn’t have much of a role tonight, but I didn’t care for her she didn’t want to know what their plan was about delaying the suspect’s lawyer, I’m afraid she will play fast and loose with the rules and that’s not a good quality for a boss. I still miss Dana, I hope I warm up to Isobel going forward.

The one thing I didn’t get was why Maggie went to the suspect’s house alone at the end, why didn’t Jubal send local cops to meet her at the house? I didn’t buy that she would approach a kidnapping suspect’s house alone, it seems like they would send SWAT officers or at least some cops to both of the properties, not just one agent at each property. It was done just for dramatic effect IMO and it weakened what was otherwise a strong episode. 

Of course OA has to chime in with his opinion on people who document their lives on social media, I get really sick of OA constantly having biases and being judgmental regarding people involved in cases, he really annoys me sometimes. 

I would like to see more of Kristen and her new partner Scola in the field. I liked how a couple of background characters in the office had lines. 

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I would love to see a crackerjack defense attorney question either of the agents on what their probably cause for search and seizure on some of these cases.  Would they have to disclose the unethical, if not totally illegal electronic snooping?  That whirring sound we all hear is Efrem Zimbalist turning over in his grave.

That's right, Maggie.  Go ahead and rush into the house, because there's no possible way a second conspirator could be hiding somewhere, and you have no backup.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

The one thing I didn’t get was why Maggie went to the suspect’s house alone at the end, why didn’t Jubal send local cops to meet her at the house? I didn’t buy that she would approach a kidnapping suspect’s house alone, it seems like they would send SWAT officers or at least some cops to both of the properties, not just one agent at each property. It was done just for dramatic effect IMO and it weakened what was otherwise a strong episode.

Didn't make any sense. She could have walked into a nasty ambush.

The episode should have a follow up.

1. Did OA or Maggie bother to inform the Harpers: Todd from across the street "loves" Eli and has been watching him or a burgular was or still is casing their house.

2. Did the Harpers immediatetly call their realtor or was Stacy back to doing her online show as if nothing happened?

3. Did we ever find out if Eli knew he was kidnapped? 

4. Did Stacy come clean about her pregnancy to her loyal views and did she give Maggie a shout out?

5. What did the FBI do with data from the company after the case was solve? Return it? Make secret copies?

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The storyline was okay, but it's been done so many times.  Did anyone really think they were going to find the kid deceased?  I thought the mom was a good actress.  I was surprised by her because I disliked her acting when she played the angel of death on NCIS New Orleans.

My favorite part of the episode was Maggie's line about being a workaholic widow.  Missy really shines when she plays the character's personal moments.  I like her approach because it is a mix of happy and sad emotions and not just mopey melodrama 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I thought it was good episode. I don't understand the part at the end with Kristen, did someone report what she did to Jubal? 

Is Nick going to somehow become a stalker? lol 

They always do that in every show I bet, the agent or cop goes in without back up. 

EDIT: I do miss Dana though and liked her better. 

Edited by Waterston Fan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think it was typical of Dick Wolf to blow off the privacy concerns of citizens to allow the government to have  so much personal data. The recent abuses by the FBI has shown that they can not be trusted with our personal information. Yes I hate that Amazon has that information from Google to tailor ads in my browser but that is far preferable to the FBI rooting around in my personal information.

Every episode features the FBI using illegal and immoral surveillance techniques. 

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think it was typical of Dick Wolf to blow off the privacy concerns of citizens to allow the government to have  so much personal data. The recent abuses by the FBI has shown that they can not be trusted with our personal information. Yes I hate that Amazon has that information from Google to tailor ads in my browser but that is far preferable to the FBI rooting around in my personal information.

Every episode features the FBI using illegal and immoral surveillance techniques. 

If corporations have that data, and corporations seem to be so easily hacked these days, what makes you think that the CIA and other government agencies don't already have that data?

Facebook keeps asking me to post a photo "so my friends will recognize me" online when I don't even use Facebook for anything.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Waterston Fan said:

EDIT: I do miss Dana though and liked her better. 

She was nicer, but both bosses would look the other way to get what the case solved.

Share this post


Link to post

They might have that data but that is no excuse to hand it over to them without a warrant. The FBI is not to be trusted with your personal information. They might steal it but you don’t have to hand it over like a chump.

From their illegal wiretapping of Dr Martin Luther King to the entrapment of CONINTELPRO to the current abuses of the FISA court the FBI has long been out of control and a danger to normal citizens. 

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Can we just have one episode that deals with the gripping drama of a celebrity or two who maybe bribed consulted with a fixer to get their kids into a prestigious university?  There's certainly potential for cameos.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Can we just have one episode that deals with the gripping drama of a celebrity or two who maybe bribed consulted with a fixer to get their kids into a prestigious university?

Is that illegal? I want my kid in your school and I pay you to make that happen -- seems like a good idea to me.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Is that illegal? I want my kid in your school and I pay you to make that happen -- seems like a good idea to me.

One celebrity has plead out 14 days in jail. The other started to fight and now is in limbo with the deal off the table as TV DAs and cops threaten even though the school she "cheated" is a private university. So presumably she will face months and a fine. The rest of the VIP's don't have the name to draw TMZ attention and we will see how it goes for them.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Raja said:

One celebrity has plead out 14 days in jail....

Why would you go to jail for paying someone to get your kid into university?  Would you go to jail for paying a mechanic to jump your car to the head of the queue in the workshop?  Would you go to jail for paying a barista $5 extra to make your coffee before anyone else in the line?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Netfoot said:

Why would you go to jail for paying someone to get your kid into university?  Would you go to jail for paying a mechanic to jump your car to the head of the queue in the workshop?  Would you go to jail for paying a barista $5 extra to make your coffee before anyone else in the line?

You plead out because you fear the results of the state charging more and a jury and judge saying its the law thus the punishment will be so

Share this post


Link to post

22 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Can we just have one episode that deals with the gripping drama of a celebrity or two who maybe bribed consulted with a fixer to get their kids into a prestigious university?  There's certainly potential for cameos.

The writers would have to shoehorn some kind of violent crime, because it’s not an episode of a cop procedural if guns aren’t being drawn.

17 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Is that illegal? I want my kid in your school and I pay you to make that happen -- seems like a good idea to me.

It’s super illegal if you’re dumb about it.  If your parents donate a ton of money to the university you can get put in the “dean’s interest” list and get a second and third look even if there are more qualified applicants.  If your parents pay money to fraudulently inflate your experiences and test scores than they can go to prison for a few weeks because they are white and wealthy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Why don’t they do an episode where the FBI protects murderers like Whitey Bulger or Greg Scarpa because they were informants. I am sure all the families of the victims they murdered would love to see that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mars477 said:

It’s super illegal if you’re dumb about it.

So they passed a law saying you can't pay someone to perform a service that they are willing to perform and entitled to perform?

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

So they passed a law saying you can't pay someone to perform a service that they are willing to perform and entitled to perform?

The government is claiming  mail fraud, thus federal case and the second star who didn't plead in time was probably thinking jury nullification if not the libertarian point of view of what crime is there is my giving a coach at a private university money for him to use his influence to get my daughter into school as one of his potential athletes. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Mars477 said:

The writers would have to shoehorn some kind of violent crime, because it’s not an episode of a cop procedural if guns aren’t being drawn.

Maggie and OA,  for some unfathomable reason, respond, guns drawn, to report of a fight at the dorm.  Things spiral out of control as the reason becomes apparent.  Change scene to the war room where Jubal shouts "Okay, everyone, listen up!  We need every bit of detail on these moms!  Dig deep!  Let's move, people!"  A collective 'woo hoo' roars up from the room as each of the techs logs on to various celebrity gossip sites.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

Maggie and OA,  for some unfathomable reason, respond, guns drawn, to report of a fight at the dorm.  Things spiral out of control as the reason becomes apparent.  Change scene to the war room where Jubal shouts "Okay, everyone, listen up!  We need every bit of detail on these moms!  Dig deep!  Let's move, people!"  A collective 'woo hoo' roars up from the room as each of the techs logs on to various celebrity gossip sites.

I feel like we need more stakes.  Turns out there's a Russian mob connection behind the SAT coach character, to supply the necessary bodies for a shootout.  TV audiences love shootouts.  And the main characters need to have their Thoughts Heard about this case that's ripped from the headlines with a long winded moralizing speech.

(Who am I kidding, I'm a sucker for a good old shootout as well.)

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Netfoot said:

So they passed a law saying you can't pay someone to perform a service that they are willing to perform and entitled to perform?

It's only against the law if you go to a shady fixer, who takes your money, and provides you with fake SAT scores, doctored photos of your kid posing with sports gear of sports they do not play, in order to secure admittance to ivy league schools. 

The legal way is to pay the ivy league schools directly with enough cash to get your name on a building...and your kid enrolled.

The celebrity parents in question were too cheap to go the legal way.  And, if I recall, the fixer is the one the cops really wanted.  The celebrities got caught in the crossfire and are punished in the court of public opinion.  Those who took the plea deals will be fine.  The one who wanted to fight is an idiot who either took terrible advice or thought she could get away with it . 

And yeah, it would make a good episode of FBI.  The shady fixer could be involved in a number of other "need to draw your guns and fire them" side businesses, like human trafficking. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The new Clint Eastwood movie “Richard Jewell” document another horrible abuse of the FBI where they targeted an innocent man and destroyed his life.

How about an episode about that?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size