Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Presumably as far away as possible down the corridor they just came in thru.  I’d be willing to bet every foot away you can get would help

The explosives were designed to collapse the whole building. Running further down the corridor really doesn't help them to escape.

6 hours ago, preeya said:

OK, I was wrong about the wife being guilty as the shooter, BUT she sure was guilty of being a bad actress.

But then who was it?  Was it the attorney?  And then he was killed by a member of the gang?

That's correct.  The attorney killed both the FBI agent and the biker that he was dealing with, and then the "club president" killed the attorney in revenge, because he had to stand up for the gang. I've already forgotten why the agent was mixed up with the attorney, as my attention span is pretty short with this show.

Anyone remember the Russian thug that threatened Sela Ward's character way earlier in the season?  I guess that plotline got filed away.

(edited)
5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Anyone remember the Russian thug that threatened Sela Ward's character way earlier in the season?  I guess that plotline got filed away

Yes, it happened in the two-part episode 8 & 9 “This Land is Your Land” & “Compromised”

I have no recollection of the Russian thug or the threat. However, if they are going to re-visit that plot it should happen in next week's finale, although it looks as if Maggie's deceased husband's "escapades" will now be front and center.

Edited by preeya

I admit, I thought it was the wife and I kept thinking a lawyer is going to have everything thrown out because the wife was too close. 

Does Maggie really need to know about the woman who Jason may have had an affair with? 

Was there a previews for next week's episode? Recording got cut off. 

On 5/8/2019 at 8:37 AM, preeya said:

I have no recollection of the Russian thug or the threat.

I vaguely remember him meeting her on the street and issuing a warning/threat which, at the time, seemed pretty ominous.  The problem with letting a plotline like that go for so long is that viewers obviously forget about it and, when he makes a reappearance, everyone is mystified.

2 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

I admit, I thought it was the wife and I kept thinking a lawyer is going to have everything thrown out because the wife was too close. 

I think a law school could integrate any number of episodes of any cop show as examples of how to defend a suspect.  It gets laughable sometimes.

I liked this past episode pretty good, a nice actual mystery to be solved, less action and no bombs!! It seems like half of the episodes have been centered around bombings!! 

• Love 3

For a professional cartel hit man he sure was messy (breaking in, stealing a car, showing his face in daylight, leaving the body out with the garbage, hiding out in Brooklyn). By touching the dog the FBI found him and he got what he deserved at the end (being hit by a truck and knocked to the next block).

The FBI could find his DNA on the dog but not the woman?

At least Dana was honest: she can't control the rank and file. Give OA or Maggie an order and they alway talk her out of it! Time to leave!

Next season, I guess they would pass Jubal for the position to bring in someone opposite of Dana's personality.

Wasn't Kristen supposed to go to Quantico?

Ian Lim who are you right now?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Another perp apprehension failure. Death by an oncoming truck.

Once again all geographical logic is defied.

Are Maggie and OA the only FBI agents in NYC?

Will Jubal inherit Dana's spot?

Very convoluted way to solve Maggie's husband's murder.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Damn, guess no Sela next year. That stinks. We (well I) like seeing women in position. That being said, Dana needed to speak with Kristen & Maggie about their side job of looking into Jason & Angela's phone calls. That was not a good use of fbi resources. It turned into a case, but it was off book sneaking.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, rhys said:

Dana needed to speak with Kristen & Maggie...

And maybe Maggie and OA about warrantless (I don't think the 'exigent circumstances' would hold up) barging into an office simply on a guess, threatening citizens with arrest, and beating of a surrendering, unarmed suspect.  That was bad.

So, their vaunted technology of facial recognition turns up one, only one match from the photo taken at the beach.  And it fortuitously matches a drug lord.

OA is gonna get laid tonight.

Yeah, I thought Kristen was gone too.  Maybe TPTB thought her erstwhile replacement just didn't have the on screen chops to carry the role.  Who knows?

I look at all those techs in that room and I think of internet Solitaire, Call of Duty, reading Primetimer forums, etc.,  every time Jubal's back is turned.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, rhys said:

Damn, guess no Sela next year. That stinks. We (well I) like seeing women in position. That being said, Dana needed to speak with Kristen & Maggie about their side job of looking into Jason & Angela's phone calls. That was not a good use of fbi resources. It turned into a case, but it was off book sneaking.

Well, there is still no write-up anywhere about Sela Ward exiting, so unless it comes in the next day or two, maybe there will be some lame twist in the fall and Dana will stick around.

I will miss Dana next season, I liked her. I hope Jubal takes over her position. 

The episode was decent, I liked the storyline pretty good although there were a few flaws, mainly them barging into the office with apparently no warrant, and the geographical stuff. But I did find the plot compelling.

• Love 1

I was surprised by the reasons for Dana's retirement but won't miss Dana.  I am hopeful they make a better casting decision in the future than the awful Connie Nielsen, for goodness sakes.  Sela Ward is just OK to me -- I never bought her in the role.  I've liked her fine in past roles but not this one.  I was irritated that Maggie cried when asking to stay on the case.  I probably would too IRL but in the hardass role that they've given Maggie, I thought she could express what she had to say without crying. 

18 hours ago, mxc90 said:

By touching the dog

He didn't "touch the dog" (you make it sound like he pet the dog)...the dog was a security dog and scratched/bit him!

Jeez people will put anything on Facebook these days. "Just got back from my trip to Mexico and I had the bestest time ever!!! Here's a pic with me and the head of Mexico's biggest drug cartel. People keep telling me that he's a murdering bastard, but I found him to be quite nice and charming. I mean how evil could he be with that dorky Hawaiian shirt he has on???"

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I won’t miss Sela Ward in this role. She didn’t seem up to the bureaucratic fighting you need to be the SAC in NYC.

They should bring in a pencil pusher by the book type to have some confit with Jubal and the agents.

Question. They have an agent on body cam giving a beat down to an unarmed female suspect. Shouldn’t she get a suspension at the very least instead of standing ovation?

• Like 1
  • Love 3

This thread will remain so, as there is not enough traffic to justify a forum.

But here is the description for the Season 2 premiere, "Little Egypt", to air on September 24th:

After a bomb detonates at a restaurant in Queens, the case becomes personal for OA, who grew up eating there. But what initially seems like a terrorist attack reveals itself to be more complex, and OA goes undercover to prevent another incident.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This thread will remain so, as there is not enough traffic to justify a forum.

But here is the description for the Season 2 premiere, "Little Egypt", to air on September 24th:

Another bombing!! Jesus Christ, how many bombing stories can they do, and another it’s personal case for OA. I’m still looking forward to the show though, and I’m interested to see how “Rubirosa” will be in Dana’s role, also I’ve heard Kristen will be in the field and will have a new partner. 

• Love 3
On 9/18/2019 at 8:55 PM, Waterston Fan said:

I just saw the Season Finale that I had missed. Does anyone here think that Dana is being pushed out and she is calling it a retirement? 

Edit: I wrote this and guess I got distracted and forgot to hit Reply... what the heck. lol 

I wonder if the higher ups wanted Dana out because she let Maggie work on the case involving her husbands death? Definitely a possibility, but I doubt we’ll hear anything about it, since Dana had a goodbye scene with Jubal in the season finale I doubt we will hear anything more about Dana.

• Like 1

I see Jubal has failed to get his volume button fixed over the summer! Hope Jeremy Sisto has Chloraseptic nearby.

And Kristen's new partner is actor John Boyd (I think? ETA: Yep, it is!) that took over for actor John Francis Dailey/Sweets on Bones when Sweets was killed off, as assistant to Booth, named Agent James Aubrey. Ironic as he worked for the FBI on that show, too! And I recall his schtick was that he was almost always eating.

And the Dick Wolf stable is still intact. Writer is Rick Eid, who wrote for all three Law & Order shows and director is Arthur W. Forney, a producer in said Law & Order franchise.

• Love 3

I'm all for surprises about Kristen being an FBI agent but shouldn't she already have her badge from a graduation cermony, know she would have a partner before showing up for work that day and didn't need to be reminded to carry her weapon in the field?   

Too bad Jubal couldn't have been given a promotion. Castillo looks like another Dana (maybe more of a hard ass).

One dead and five injured after that big expolsion!!! We are supposed to believe a lot of those customers got out in time after the warning?

Who did OA piss off to be given the shittiest vehicle from the FBI lot or is that his personal vehicle? 

Those fools went through all that trouble to bomb the restaurant and got mixed up with 1:00 am and 1:00 pm.

Karim didn't seen surprised OA was FBI.

Maggie couldn't have yelled to everyone they had less than a minute and run away fast?

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

And Kristen's new partner is actor John Boyd (I think? ETA: Yep, it is!) that took over for actor John Francis Dailey/Sweets on Bones when Sweets was killed off, as assistant to Booth, named Agent James Aubrey. Ironic as he worked for the FBI on that show, too! And I recall

Thank you! Could not recall where I knew him from.

5 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Those fools went through all that trouble to bomb the restaurant and got mixed up with 1:00am & 1:00pm?

I think that was due to Justin being an idiot but they didn't circle back around to that. Shrug.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I don't like the new boss. Her basically saying the ends justify the means is pretty awful for someone in law enforcement. I think it was pretty clear Karim was being pushed into this by his friend and the undercover FBI agent. This episode just left a bad taste in my mouth. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, fireice13 said:

I don't like the new boss. Her basically saying the ends justify the means is pretty awful for someone in law enforcement. I think it was pretty clear Karim was being pushed into this by his friend and the undercover FBI agent. This episode just left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Mine too. I miss Dana. Not sure I will stick around but I do like Kristen in the field and the guy from Bones. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Who did OA piss off to be given the shittiest vehicle from the FBI lot or is that his personal vehicle? 

Don't know about that, but did this show take vehicles from the now-done Law & Order shows? I swear the SUV that Maggie drives looks almost identical to the SUV that Goren and Eames used to ride in on Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Why not just use cars, Dick Wolf?

On another note, I like Sela Ward and liked Dana. I like Alana De La Garza from Original Law & Order and the gone-too-soon Forever, but her character here just seemed to be a bitch just for the sake of being a bitch, maybe to be different from Dana? But it didn't work for me. Hope it gets toned down.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Decent season premiere IMO. While I get sick of “it’s personal” cases for OA and bombings, I still thought the episode was decent, I liked the various twists the case took, and it was nice to see everyone again. I’m unsure about the new boss, I loved her on L&O as Rubirosa but on here she seemed a bit stiff and cold, and I also didn’t care for her “ends justify the means” attitude. I will have to see more of her to decide whether I like her or not, but as of now I miss Dana. 

I’m curious to see more of Kristen and her new partner in the field, I liked her new partner, and I was surprised we didn’t see more of the Asian tech guy (have they ever said his name?), I wonder if he will take over more of the tech stuff at the office. 

The episode had nice visuals which I liked a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm willing to bet (but not on 19) that the 'end justifies the means' statement was put in there specifically to foreshadow a plotline this season.

With all the surveillance tech in that room, why was it necessary for the FBI to ask permission to access the cameras on the wall of the apartment building?  They seem to hack into everything else.  Yes, the underlying purpose was for exposition on Kristen's partner's history, but still...

I thought disgraced agents went to Butte, Montana, not Omaha.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

The religion scholar in me is currently suffering a brain bleed from OA's "Muslims don't read the Bible." Uh, yes they do, cowboy. Jews, Christians & Muslims all embrace at least the first 5 books of the Old Testament. They are all "people of the book." I hope he was mortified saying that line. 

Does every Jubal scene start with, "ok, listen up, people!"? I want more for you, Jubal. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

The religion scholar in me is currently suffering a brain bleed from OA's "Muslims don't read the Bible." Uh, yes they do, cowboy. Jews, Christians & Muslims all embrace at least the first 5 books of the Old Testament. They are all "people of the book." I hope he was mortified saying that line. 

Does every Jubal scene start with, "ok, listen up, people!"? I want more for you, Jubal. 

Well he was just working a suspect.

19 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

With all the surveillance tech in that room, why was it necessary for the FBI to ask permission to access the cameras on the wall of the apartment building?  They seem to hack into everything else.  Yes, the underlying purpose was for exposition on Kristen's partner's history, but still...

I thought disgraced agents went to Butte, Montana, not Omaha.

I was thinking if it was L&O a state judge already excluded everything from seeing that tape and now the DA has to find a work around.

On 9/24/2019 at 7:07 PM, mxc90 said:

I'm all for surprises about Kristen being an FBI agent but shouldn't she already have her badge from a graduation cermony, know she would have a partner before showing up for work that day and didn't need to be reminded to carry her weapon in the field?   

Those fools went through all that trouble to bomb the restaurant and got mixed up with 1:00 am and 1:00 pm.

The office field agent promotion was weird. I would have had her first day back to meet the new guy from Boston. With her forgetting her weapons it does seem as if the New York office just said you are now a Special Agent. 

I assumed the older SUV was a personal vehicle. 24 hour clock for operations people. The military learned that lesson centuries ago.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 9/26/2019 at 12:25 PM, Raja said:

The office field agent promotion was weird. I would have had her first day back to meet the new guy from Boston. With her forgetting her weapons it does seem as if the New York office just said you are now a Special Agent. 

To be a recent graduate and assigned to the office/floor she came from, she is very lucky. Most aren't granted their first choice. Maybe Jubal called in some favors and saved her from going to Nowheresville.

50 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

To be a recent graduate and assigned to the office/floor she came from, she is very lucky. Most aren't granted their first choice. Maybe Jubal called in some favors and saved her from going to Nowheresville.

Well in that case she is like all the CBS Federal Agents, although these days most are in NCIS

• Love 1

Episode 2, to air October 1, 2019, is titled "The Lives of Others". Here is the summary:

After the son of a prominent Mommy blogger is kidnapped, the team must sweep through her two million followers to find the culprit. Kristen continues to adjust to life as a field agent with her new partner.

Another L&O franchise director for this one, Alex Chapple, whose name I saw enough on Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Dick Wolf must not like branching out!

Once again we have a fake hate crime. Except they have to dress it up with a “white neo-nazi” cut out to Make it politically correct instead of the actual perps of fake hate crimes.

If there was a real hate crime against the Muslim community we would have wall to wall cable coverage and you would never hear the end of it. The whole premise that such crimes are not reported or published is the worst kind of lie. Typical of Dick Wolf. Phony and bogus all the way down.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
On 9/28/2019 at 11:39 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Once again we have a fake hate crime. Except they have to dress it up with a “white neo-nazi” cut out to Make it politically correct instead of the actual perps of fake hate crimes.

If there was a real hate crime against the Muslim community we would have wall to wall cable coverage and you would never hear the end of it. The whole premise that such crimes are not reported or published is the worst kind of lie. Typical of Dick Wolf. Phony and bogus all the way down.

I would point out that in Not-Dana's first press conference (about the "fake hate crime"), she declined to mention who the perpetrators were...only that they were caught.  However, by the second press conference she was readily admitted that the criminals were Muslim.    I sorta understood her point about not revealing it in the first press conference.  But she lost all kinds of credibility here by perpetuating the stereotype of "all Muslims are bad" when she identified the perpetrators are Muslims.  Not saying that the crime wasn't committed by a Muslim, just that she made it a plot point on the first. 

I can't tell if Not-Dana is going to have problems down the road...or if this was just bad writing. 

• Love 1

A package with a gift and note that says "To Eli. Love you forever" deserves a call to the police immediately.

If the Harpers had motion lights outside, maybe that could have helped deter the kidnapper or potential thieves.

Can't the home alarm be set to a different mode if the husband is not home?

Breakfast in bed for Eli! The kid has it made even if he feeds her food to his pet dinosaur.

The woman"s child is missing and she has time to login and read messages?

Nice for the other agents in the office to have some meaningful dialogue.

Todd the sex offender wants to be treated like a human? FU! OA wanted to choke him.

Can we get Kristen doing  some field work? Somehow she ended up back on the computer.

Maggie and OA are the only NY agents that can travel to NJ? I guess the NJ state police or the NJ FBI field office would not have arrived in time.

So the moral of the story is online viewers should demand to see if the pregnancy is real or threaten to unsubscribe? Also, don't show your entire home to the public or make it easy for thieves to find you and the FBI can find your deleted pics.

Lisa didn't understand the terms of the agreement?

Maggie shows up and Eli is chilling, listening to music. The kid didn't seem worried or panicked.

They are making sure Maggie smiles a lot more this season.

The Dahmer line works everytime to break the suspect down!

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 4