Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Wolf not only recycles actors, apparently he also recycles episode titles! (I have seen this one used in the L&O franchise!) The description is out for the next episode on January 8th, so here it is:

When a judge and her daughter are murdered after she sentenced a man to life in prison, Maggie and OA search for the killer behind a possible retaliation. Dana has a vested interest in this case as she has a history with the victim.

• Love 1
On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 11:48 PM, Dowel Jones said:

OA came off this week as having a serious stick up his butt.  "Everything the government does is legitimate.  There is no need to question authority.  Obey and forget."

He certainly had a closed mind about Fletcher until the end. Whether it's nuclear secrets, the number of pencils purchased or evidence of potentially lethal negligence, if you leak it, you're a filthy rotten traitor and capable of who knows what other heinous crimes.

All in all, substandard dialog and character ddevelopment. The words cardboard and one-dimensional come to mind. The melodramatic pauses didn't help. There is definitely room for improvement.

• Love 1

As far as CBS procedurals go, FBI is pretty good.  (NBC only does Chicago now, apparently.) 
But coming from Dick Wolf - of Law&Order fame - I did not expect every case to center around the same two agents. They would be the most famous FBI agents of all time. 
(I guess L&O had the same detectives for several seasons, but it was the city of New York, not a national agency.)

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Does anyone know when CBS plans to air tonight’s episode since it is being pre-empted?

Probably will be next week's episode. They usually just bump things to the following week if it gets pre-empted (or the football game runs over an hour overtime (if the game runs 10 min over, everything starts at X:10, up to 59 min over (yes, once it did and all episodes that night aired starting at X:59 instead of X:00). If it's over an hour, they'd bump the last episode of the night).

3 hours ago, illdoc said:

Probably will be next week's episode. They usually just bump things to the following week if it gets pre-empted (or the football game runs over an hour overtime (if the game runs 10 min over, everything starts at X:10, up to 59 min over (yes, once it did and all episodes that night aired starting at X:59 instead of X:00). If it's over an hour, they'd bump the last episode of the night).

In this case, the President is speaking to the nation. 

But then, its late for those in the east but 6pm for those in the West. So, this will be interesting. Just check your dvrs and just record for 4 hours. 

Found this:

"At 9 PM ET CBS will pre-empt its scheduled midseason premiere of FBI with CBS News Special Report: President Trump Address to the Nation and Democratic Response. Programming will resume with a repeat episode of The Neighborhood at 9:30 PM ET. On the West Coast, NCIS will air from 8-9 PM, followed by back-to-back repeat episodes of The Neighborhood at 9 and 9:30 PM in place of FBI, and a repeat episode of NCIS: New Orleans from 10-11 PM. The previously announced original episodes of FBI and NCIS: New Orleans will air Tuesday, Jan. 15."

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1
On 12/13/2018 at 8:12 PM, catrice2 said:

I don't know what they're going for trying to show the OA character in sleeveless shirts but they need to stop. For a tall man his body is out of proportion and he does not look good in those tank tops. I'm not quite sure if it is facial hair or what it is but in my mind he should be more attractive than he is

I don't know, I find Zeeko Zaki gorgeous. He's my eye-candy for this show, and I love the tank-tops. There's also this, so yeah, he's totally doing it for me:

zeeko.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

So I was confused by tonight’s episode. It seemed like that the daughter was assaulted, but it turned out that she was dating the drug dealer and her mom was intervening so the drug dealing boyfriend had her killed. So what were the cryptic texts sent to the burner phone about? And why was she crying and upset the night before? Huge plot holes there.

There was way too much going on in this episode: the murder of the judge who was Dana’s friend, the undercover agent that had turned, and it was only loosely tied together, the stories about the corrupt undercover agent and the judge’s murder should’ve been 2 separate episodes. 

On the positive side, it least Jubal got to go out in the field. The more Jubal the better. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

So I was confused by tonight’s episode. It seemed like that the daughter was assaulted, but it turned out that she was dating the drug dealer and her mom was intervening so the drug dealing boyfriend had her killed. So what were the cryptic texts sent to the burner phone about? And why was she crying and upset the night before? Huge plot holes there.

There was way too much going on in this episode: the murder of the judge who was Dana’s friend, the undercover agent that had turned, and it was only loosely tied together, the stories about the corrupt undercover agent and the judge’s murder should’ve been 2 separate episodes. 

On the positive side, it least Jubal got to go out in the field. The more Jubal the better. 

The thing is, though, they already had a recent episode about FBI agents gone bad, so doing it again so soon just seemed like a twist because the writers couldn't think of another angle. Not good this early in the game.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

So I was confused by tonight’s episode.

Same here. The wayward undercover FBI agent said she could not betray her target because he was 'a good man'.  Was she deliberately overlooking the fact that he had sex with the daughter - and then either arranged for her murder or was okay with his partner committing the murder? Plus, you know, the drug dealing..

The main FBI characters are fine for this type of procedural - but after a while they do start to come off as practically perfect in every way. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

This show has so many holes and inconsistencies in it...but I still watch.  I like the OA character and the fact that they don't "glam up" the female FBI agent.  But the writing and fact-checking is not what it should/could be.  And it doesn't seem the cast has gelled yet.

But at least Jeremy Sisto is not yelling as much in the new episode; and I love Sela Ward.  I sure hope they don't go the "romance" route with the two leads.  That would be a show killer - and the show isn't on that firm a ground to begin with.

• Love 2

I sure hope they don't go the "romance" route with the two leads.  That would be a show killer - and the show isn't on that firm a ground to begin with.

Yuck. That would be a horrible mismatch. 

Sela Ward, thanks for wearing your age so beautifully. 

• Love 2

Just watched Identity Crisis and massively confused. Our heroes was waiting for the bad guys for the deal, hoping to bust them then. But the bad guys bailed. They chased the bad guys and arrested them. On what charge, exactly? If it is on drug charges, based on what? They setup the meet specifically to bust them with the evidence. The heroes just arrested the bad guys like that? Then why Jubal needed to be undercover and beat the polygraph?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yet another terrorism/bomb case tonight. This gets so tiresome and ridiculous, can’t they come up with something new? And OA’s sister going undercover was ridiculous, they would never let a civilian go undercover like that. This show isn’t all that well written but it’s still entertaining. 

I want more of Jubal, he’s awesome when he gets screentime!! 

• Love 2

This show seems to be getting worse with each episode. What happened? 
This was the one where the Alt Right guy was killed by a Molotov cocktail fire bomb at a college campus.
The WtFs:
1) Maggie and OA, with their big "FBI" vests, walk around campus, interview people, walk up to an active protest. THEN, Maggie goes "undercover" in the same area. Seriously?
2) The FBI would allow a civilian family member to assist trained agents on an undercover case? 

We jokingly noted that the government shutdown must be affecting the NY FBI branch, since they appear to have only around five people doing any work and need family members to help. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Dick Wolf already has a spinoff of FBI in the works per TV Line.

"The potential series...centers on the division of the FBI tasked with tracking and capturing the notorious criminals on the FBI’s Most Wanted list."

All they need now is a suave, well dressed arch criminal to lead them down the path.

On 1/24/2019 at 4:26 PM, icemiser69 said:

One part of this episode that I did like was when one of the characters said "everyone has a right to their opinion".  I think that was OA that said that to his sister.

I also liked the comment that Dana made to Kristen "Focus on the evidence, not on the politics.   Our job is to protect free speech, not police it".

Kristen was incredibly obnoxious this episode.  I hate it when characters get on their soap boxes and ideologically spout off.  They completely lack professionalism.

I doubt that in an FBI control room, agents never give their political opinions. Especially if they work together as much as this group seems to. I don’t think Kristen was obnoxious. Borderline unprofessional maybe. 

On 1/23/2019 at 7:32 PM, Rambler said:

Really Dick Wolf??? What’s with this Paul Revere University BS. Everybody knows that Hudson University is the choice of terrorist professors everywhere!

I was thinking the same thing! What kind of hack university was this? Hudson is the place to be (or the place to get murdered, murder, commission murders, etc). 

• Love 2

Accessed this thread through my follows as it seems to be doing a disappearing act for the time being from my homepage:

Not a bad episode, but it seemed like this episode wanted to do a double twist with the kidnapped girls and then some sort of twist at the end with them never physically attacked or whatnot, maybe implying they were voluntarily with the perp. Except their behavior matches (to me) traumatized victims and the "family" answer from Dana did seem all sorts of lame.

And I see we get a glimpse into Jubal's personal life, talking about his ex, her boyfriend, and his kid.

By the way, once again, I thought Missy Peregrym - based on the preview for next week, with her crying and asking "Who HIRED him?!" (or whatever she said)  - was again overwrought and overdramatic. Oh, well. Maybe it will play out better in context. Maybe. Hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

We were on board for weekly viewing when this show first started. But it has gotten progressively predictable and pedestrian as time has passed.   
This episode - dealing with a guy who robs banks with his young female hostages - just felt ho-hum. 
Maggie and OA were their typical selves and the few FBI agents who get to talk at the headquarters provided the typical info dump exposition. 

I know it is a limited cast, but I am already exhausted by Maggie (and OA) doing everything while also being the almost always correct moral compass for every situation. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Maggie wasn't the least bit credible when it came to giving medical aid.

The absolute truth. She should have been shot dead by the perp for her unbelievable portrayal of an EMT.

• Love 4

Yep the amount of blood on the first cop was laughable. What happened to your fake blood budget, Dick? Good grief. Why didn't Maggie leave the bracelet near the ice behind the bar? Arrgh! Why do I watch this crap?

• Love 1

Didn't really care for this episode and it was interesting what Jubal did at the end. 

I don't get the cop who got shot, he couldn't even seem to shoot straight but maybe I'm being unfair? Yes, he could have had more blood than it was shown.

I didn't think them bringing the dad would work either as I would not have wanted to talk to my father if he did what he did. 

• Love 3

After Julia emptied her round in Pat, the FBI/NYPD took their sweet time rushing in and the customers were slow running out.

What was Maggie's objective going in? To help the injured man or hope/pray Julia will see the bracelet (put two and two together) and turn on her captor? Maggie was dead if Julia didn't shoot. Stupid plan, she was very lucky.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

What was Maggie's objective going in? To help the injured man or hope/pray Julia will see the bracelet (put two and two together) and turn on her captor? Maggie was dead if Julia didn't shoot. Stupid plan, she was very lucky.

I find it increasingly unbelievable that Maggie was a suitable candidate for the FBI. She really isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier sometimes, even as everyone else on screen seems to think differently.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I find it increasingly unbelievable that Maggie was a suitable candidate for the FBI. She really isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier sometimes, even as everyone else on screen seems to think differently.

There should have been scene where OA, Jubal, and Dana are scolding her for not following the plan while reviewing the surveillance footage.

BTW - They were watching a live feed of what was going on and still failed to react quickly when Maggie and Pat got into a fight. Poor job all the way around.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I was really bothered by the slow reaction of the cop in the bank. He gets a bead on the robbers, identifies himself, and then one of them has the time to turn and open fire before the cop gets off a single shot? So this is the one time an NYPD cop in a suspect situation isn’t fast on the trigger?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

This show continues to be ridiculously stupid.  I wouldn’t mind as much if it didn’t go for the obvious.  I would have liked the bank robber episode a lot better if the girl(s) were less hostagy.  This could have been an awesome Bonnie & Clyde type episode or even girls manipulating boys but it went with the borrrrrring  guy takes girls hostage and barely even dealt with the reasons he did it which could have been interesting.

Yea this show is ridiculous but shows have survived and flourished on rediculous.  This is something far worse. It is trite and boring.

But it is also CBS.

so what do I know? 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

It's funny how, whoever the man characters of the show are, they're the ones calling the shots and being the heroes. Had this been Blue Bloods, Danny would've been the one in control and the FBI wouldn't have even been on the scene. It's also funny how these young agents are front and center during the crisis whereas the (on-duty) police officer is the seasoned professional.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I got a laugh when the agents showed the old man an aerial view of the neighborhood and asked him if anything seemed familiar.  Ever seen an aerial photo of any neighborhood?  Try and identify it on the spot.

I am still puzzled over just what all those other people do in the FBI headquarters.

It's always been my understanding that police procedure during a bank robbery is to let the robbery take place and then pursue the criminals outside when you have sufficient resources to do so.  It was stupid of that cop to endanger everyone in the bank (although nobody could seem to hit anyone), especially since he was outgunned from the start.

• Like 1
  • Love 12