Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

They do have a pretty bloated cast.  I do wonder if Dana will be a casualty of it.  Jubal could end up with her job after all.  They both applied for it and she got it.  It seems kind of strange that, that would be a subject of conservation between Dana and Jubal.    It came  out of nowhere.  Then at the end of the episode Dana gets confronted by the Russian.

If it were anyone else playing Dana, I could see her being a casualty. But her casting with Sela Ward made all the industry sites and she is considered a "name" in TV World. If she is offed, it would be a surprise, considering she just replaced someone from the pilot and the show has not been on long.

That said, IMO, bet it'll be a fakeout angle where the Russian is concerned, or she will survive if it isn't.

• Love 2
On 31/10/2018 at 11:51 AM, LisaM said:

My favorite part was when the wife asked about adopting her husband's son. 

I thought it would have been more effective if the husband and wife were sitting together and he asked how they could expedite getting the son home with them.

Also how was it not a red flag that the dude could pull together $100 million in a couple of hours? The guy built what looked like a relatively small construction company, based on the size of the office then sold it to become a senator, where Google tells me he would make $174,000 a year. Some googling also tells me that Barack Obama is only worth 40 million dollars.

This show has become my new comedy.

OA: "Hey, will you get the bullets out of the bodies and get them over to ballistics?" Good thinking, Mr. FBI Man. That's why they pay you the big bucks, Do you think they might be able to trace the perps by the bullets used, match the weapons with the bullets, maybe?

Maggie rushing up to the house to rescue the kids. She just runs to the door and tries the door knob. Seemed like sound procedure to me.

Call me chickenshit. I'm on an operation with guys with rifles and camo gear, goggles, and helmets, I'm gonna borrow me one of them helmets.

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, mojito said:

Call me chickenshit. I'm on an operation with guys with rifles and camo gear, goggles, and helmets, I'm gonna borrow me one of them helmets.

To be fair, you can't find a show that will go that far. Even with the newer lower profile combat helmets. I remember back on the pilot of Flashpoint that SWAT ream wore their helmets on the operation but as soon as the regular run of the series started they were always bareheaded, except the hostage negotiator so you can identify the actor. Which flashes me back to The Rat Patrol were each soldier wore his own unique hat so at a distance you knew which of the four each one was.

On 11/21/2018 at 3:24 AM, Dowel Jones said:

I had to laugh a bit when Maggie told the techs at the embassy scene to dig the bullets out of the bodies and get them over to ballistics.

Yeah, because an ambulance driver digging out a slug wouldn't compromise the autopsy to follow.  Not at all.  

• Love 1

I don’t care how realistic this show is.  I never care about realism in the majority of my fiction.  If I enjoy the show If the show is fun to watch.  So far the only character I don’t like is OA he is....something that gets on my nerves.  In this he was unnecessarily angry for  no reason.   I like Maggie and yeah it was dumb To drop her gun and go running into a building with armed separatists it was the kind of dumb I find entertaining.  I really liked this episode 

• Love 2

This won't air until December 4th, but since the synopsis is up, I figured why not post a thread...

After a key witness and a U.S. marshal are ambushed and killed, Maggie and OA must track down a man who leaked the information that led to their murders.

That's how you end up dead. If the guys wearing a simple kevlar vest and a handgun lead the charge into a house/room, you know everybody will be safe. If a team wearing body armour, googles, helmets and carrying rifles leads the charge, the building will probably blow up.  Those helmets must be made of explosives or something.

I love how they had the regular FBI agents wearing camouflage so they could sneak up on the house while Maggie and OA were wearing black outfits so they stood out. Still, it is the guy in the camouflage who drew fire (no doubt because of those helmets of death) not the easy to spot main characters.

"We just got a hit on somebody using the bad guy's fake ID in the middle of New York, quick, you two agents in the middle of the woods drive there and try to stop him. He'll wait for you before he does anything bad like releasing a chemical agent. Those guys that you see in the background of the office? Completely useless. We'll make sure that they arrive just in time to mop up the scene after you have already saved the day."

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kili said:

"We just got a hit on somebody using the bad guy's fake ID in the middle of New York, quick, you two agents in the middle of the woods drive there and try to stop him.

And they'll get there in a matter of minutes even if they are miles away and have to go through extreme traffic conditions. The Blacklist agents are noted for this means of travel, but hey, it's the FBI.

Edited by preeya

I liked this episode and it was nice to see Jubal in the field. Who is it that told about the raid? Did they find out who it was? 

I thought it was interesting that Dana got a visit by the Russian but I bet nothing will happen unless Jubal gets the job. 

I think there are somethings that the military has done that OA doesn't like and maybe has regrets but I like that Maggie got on him about somethings. 

Ending was a bit funny though with Maggie and OA. 

• Love 1
On 11/22/2018 at 10:25 AM, Netfoot said:

Yeah, because an ambulance driver digging out a slug wouldn't compromise the autopsy to follow.  Not at all.  

oh my God. I finally watched this on my DVR and I couldn't wait to rush out here to this board and say the same thing. I was like who writes this FGS??!!  it's like they just needed him to say something like he was in charge

I actually think they're trying too hard with the banter it came off as forced when she teased him and at the end about the lying. it is not a good sign that I'm already fast-forwarding through. I don't know what the whole thing was about with the boss and the Russian guy, nor do I know why Jubal was in the field. I just feel like both of the leads would be so much better away from each other with other partners or they may need to do a really big cast overhaul if this show is renewed. I was really upset that Connie Nielsen didn't stay on and we got Sela Ward instead, but I'm also glad that Connie didn't stay for this role

On ‎21‎.‎11‎.‎2018 at 2:24 AM, Dowel Jones said:

And Maggie showing up to work with her hair down?  Special Agents. They're just like us!

It confused me a bit. Since she normally wears her hair in a pony tail, I tried to figure out why she would not have done her hair (as she maybe wouldn't have had they been called in the middle of the night) in the middle of the day.

Then Sela Ward/Dana was heading to meet the Russian guy and at first glance, I thought the was Maggie and then I remembered that this his Hollywood. I guess, we'll get to see more of Maggie with her hair down?!

At least, Maggie got to be on the raid/rescue team. Detective Lindsey on Chicago PD just happened to be absent so often in these situations it started to annoy me.

On ‎22‎.‎11‎.‎2018 at 2:19 PM, Chaos Theory said:

In this he was unnecessarily angry for  no reason.  

I guess, he had to drive home a point? (But it would have been nice if Maggie had actually confronted him with the fact that the US military has done things they shouldn't be proud of).

On ‎24‎.‎11‎.‎2018 at 12:22 PM, kili said:

I love how they had the regular FBI agents wearing camouflage so they could sneak up on the house while Maggie and OA were wearing black outfits so they stood out. Still, it is the guy in the camouflage who drew fire (no doubt because of those helmets of death) not the easy to spot main characters.

To be fair, the camouflage guys were in the lead and Maggie did take cover once they were told the bad guys knew they were coming.

On ‎24‎.‎11‎.‎2018 at 2:02 PM, preeya said:

And they'll get there in a matter of minutes even if they are miles away and have to go through extreme traffic conditions. The Blacklist agents are noted for this means of travel, but hey, it's the FBI.

Maybe they had a helicopter somewhere and a backup car? ;-)

Well, I'm enjoying the show.  I'm not one who tends to over-analyze or nitpick very much though.  When I'm watching tv I just want to sit back, relax, and not have to think very much - especially if I'm watching something on one of the basic networks.  When I feel the need to employ my brain more I go read books (which reminds me, I need to buy more shelves).

I didn't see the military vet as a stone cold killer.  Far from it, in fact.  But I work with combat veterans and a whole hell lot of them verbalize some iteration of "I feel broken" or "I'm lost" at one point or another and a lot of them self-medicate with either drugs or alcohol (or both).  Often times it starts as just a means to keep from having nightmares.  The guy in the show was basically looking to suicide-by-cop at the end. 

On 11/24/2018 at 1:02 PM, preeya said:

Every cop show seems to do this stuff.   Let’s head out from the station in response to whatever call it is.  And, what do you know, the detectives/ FBI are first on the scene with no patrol cars in sight.  It’s particular annoying when the call involves someone in danger or injured.  These people could die in real life. At least the 48 hours show always lets you know patrol gets there way before  the detectives. 

• Love 1

I found the premise actually interesting - an FBI agent that turns. At least it wasn't yet another simple mass!casualty!disaster!inNYC!

That said - as this will be, but I feel to KEEP saying it until it registers: STOP YELLING, JEREMY SISTO!

Really. I'm shocked the man doesn't yet have laryngitis.

And next week is the "fall finale". When did that terminology become a "thing", anyway? Used to be one finale. In May. Oh, well.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

I found the premise actually interesting - an FBI agent that turns. At least it wasn't yet another simple mass!casualty!disaster!inNYC!

That said - as this will be, but I feel to KEEP saying it until it registers: STOP YELLING, JEREMY SISTO!

Really. I'm shocked the man doesn't yet have laryngitis.

Sing it, sista! MAn that grates. Every week...jeesch.

I liked the episode too. It was funny when OA went into the Harlem eatery in just his black wife beater.*   Maggie looked so embarrassed.

*weird 3 words 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Does anyone here follow him on Twitter?  (I'm guessing he tweets.)  I'm curious to know if he's been asked about his yelling and what his response is.

Watching this show has become a game for me. Without a single bit of law enforcement experience I keep finding stupidity.

I'm thinking that OA should have pulled the GPS tracking device with a gloved hand. But no, he didn't.

• Love 2

I noticed there was a big increase in lighter moments over the first few episodes, which I really appreciate. I'd LOVE a bit more of that. OA and Maggie in the surveillance van while he was preparing to go into the restaurant was funny. I like those moments because so much of the show is bad stuff happening.

• Love 3

How did all those agents and officers know to be in that forest at the end.  She didn’t have any idea where she was going ahead of time.   I realize they knew where she was getting off the bus, but not the exact property she ended up at. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

How did all those agents and officers know to be in that forest st the end.  She didn’t have any idea where she was going ahead of time.   I realize they knew where she was getting off the bus, but not the exact property she ended up at. 

Um, hmm. I got it! FBI microchipping! No? Oh, well.

8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

How did all those agents and officers know to be in that forest at the end.  She didn’t have any idea where she was going ahead of time.   I realize they knew where she was getting off the bus, but not the exact property she ended up at. 

They were following HER.   They probably weren’t there ahead of time but enough people were tracking Maggie.    It’s not hard to track a person who wants to be tracked.  

20 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

They were following HER.   They probably weren’t there ahead of time but enough people were tracking Maggie.    It’s not hard to track a person who wants to be tracked.  

They weren’t following or tracking her. they were already hidden in the trees as she came up the driveway.  The minute she put the handcuff on he was surrounded.  In reality there’s no way to do that unless you know where he is already. They knew the town that she was getting off the bus at. Not the property she ended up at.   20 people can’t follow someone who doesn’t know where they are going until 15 seconds before they get in the car, out of the car and then get told which road to take next.  Yes, you could watch with a drone and arrive soon- but not instantaneously. Yes, you could have cars follow the bus and cars. You’d still have to get 20 people out of those cars, and sneak them thru the woods to the exact end destination. They couldn’t actually arrive ahead of her. 

Something that so many of these TV shows do that annoys me is that they'll have the cop/agent approach a suspect, and while several yards from the person, call out the suspect's name and identify themselves. TV must do this because they think we love chase scenes. Me, as long as I'm not noticed, I'd do all that calling out when I'm a lot closer. Also, I thought it strange that she approaches this group in an FBI vest and they didn't notice her walking down the sidewalk. She did look a little different than everyone else.

• Love 1

Didn't I learn from In Plain Sight and Justified that you refer to the Marshal's as "Deputy" or "Inspector". hence the Chief Deputy villain?The Marshal would be like the US Attorney versus the AUSA

This was a good episode but I have trouble with the shooting. No way you don't run outside when you first hear shots. Or at least call 911. 

The part where they got the bad guy, didn't quite make sense as to how they knew where he'd be other than Maggie texted where she was told to be. 

I don't get the part about Sisto yelling, he isn't yelling to me but I do like him. 

• Love 1

Ackerman didn't do a good job covering his tracks or all ties to him. He could have planted evidence on Jim and made the FBI's job harder or gotten Amber out of town a long time ago. The fool should have known the FBI doesn't give up and would follow Amber some way.

Last one for the year!

When an illegal arms broker turned informant is assassinated, OA assumes his identity and goes undercover to stop the sale of dangerous weapons, with help from Maggie and their former FBI instructor, Rowan Quinn.

• Love 1
On ‎06‎.‎12‎.‎2018 at 4:00 PM, Waterston Fan said:

This was a good episode but I have trouble with the shooting. No way you don't run outside when you first hear shots. Or at least call 911. 

To be fair, we don't know if anyone called 911. I certainly hope so. But I don't think it would have been realistic if anyone had run outside during the gunshots. That said, I do think that people would have run to the windows.

I'm not sure I'm buying that the woman who drove by was killed with a headshot though. The killer fired only two shots into a moving vehicle while he was moving. No way he would have been able to aim that well.

On ‎05‎.‎12‎.‎2018 at 11:39 PM, mythoughtis said:

They told Amber that they needed her help, and she said that he's way smarter than feeling to Canada, so my theory is that she and Ackerman talked about what happens should they have to leave the city, that they would have to split up, she would have to get on the bus and he'd guide he to those woods.

On ‎04‎.‎12‎.‎2018 at 10:06 PM, WendyCR72 said:

I agree that it was interesting and nice not to have a terrorist attack or mass casualties. However, the "someone on the inside is the leaker" seems to be pretty common with procedurals. But I did think that they put an interesting spin on it.

On ‎04‎.‎12‎.‎2018 at 10:06 PM, WendyCR72 said:

And next week is the "fall finale". When did that terminology become a "thing", anyway? Used to be one finale. In May. Oh, well.

I would imagine it became a thing because someone thought it was good PR or due to those shows which go into a three months hiatus and/or have a season A and season B. They always have a season A finale before going into hiatus.

Gotta say, the whole undercover thing was just a lot of white noise to me, since I doubted OA would die or anything.

So, right there, the "stakes" were really nil. But I did like him confronting that other guy about how he treated OA versus everyone else.

See ya in January, show.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

OA proved to Quinn he's not a quitter and finally got his deserved apology. I'm proud of him. Now he will need to work on getting his gym membership and then I can really sleep peacefully from then on!

The father /daughter didn't have a picture of Reis to ID him?

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

A guy as rich and paranoid as the arms dealer rents out an entire floor, but doesn't have any security on the lobby floor when he's supposed to meet the buyer?  I thought sure when Billy Burke was running through the lobby and out to the conspicuous by its own ordinariness van that someone would have had a suspicion or two.  But, then again, as soon as he said "If you don't know this stuff you get yourself killed.  Or your partner killed", that he was a dead duck. Wrong on both counts. 

By the same token, did the daughter take into account the reaction of the group OA was supposed to be representing?  If they got stiffed on the deal, I'm sure they would be taking a much more direct approach to the problem than a lawsuit.  They could have had henchmen hiding near the piers also.

That couldn't have been the Quantico Academy.  Where were the pretty faces, the beautiful hair, and the too-tight low cut blouses? Those students looked way too professional.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I did like him confronting that other guy about how he treated OA versus everyone else.

I thought that sub-plot was the worst part of the episode.  Pure nonsense.  "...because I knew you were the best!" bullshit.  To inject some touchy-feely draaama.  And I don't care a damn about Mitch Morgan's relationship with his kid!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

If he treated OA poorly in order to make him a better agent, then why apologize for it?  Why didn't he treat all of the other potential agents poorly?

And at the end of the course why not explain?  Because the whole excuse was bullshit.  Bullshit on the part of the character or bullshit on the part of the script-writers.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

This really has to be the most poorly thought out series I have seen in a long time.  If OA is undercover, then why would he go back to FBI HQ to have a meeting with the rest of the major characters?  I would think that a dude who is undercover would do all he could to make sure that his cover wasn't blown.

I saw the "You only fail when you stop trying " poster on the wall, it was silly.  The only thing that was missing was a "Hang in there" poster with a kitten holding on to a tree branch.

I think the acting on this show is very wooden. I don't know what they're going for trying to show the OA character in  sleeveless shirts but they need to stop. For a tall man his body is out of proportion and he does not look good in those tank tops. I'm not quite sure if it is facial hair or what it is but in my mind he should be more attractive than he is

Anybody knows one of the tropes that I hate on police procedurals? That is when the suspect just breaks down admitting everything with neither very good nor compelling evidence that he can not get out of. Case in point. Finn is hell-bent to destroy Lynch. And he just gives everything away when he was facing Lynch? He did not even have a lawyer?

I wish that the show did more research on the subject matter. So this missile they are dealing with, the 'Javelin' is a missile for tanks and aircraft? It does not work that way. A missile can not be an anti-tank and anti-aircraft at the same time. The explosion mechanism is different for penetrating tank's armor or for damaging aircraft engine. In fact, they are two Javelin missiles. British Javelin is a SAM, American FGM-148 Javelin is an anti-tank.

As for the plots, somebody as rich and as powerful as the arms seller does not have his guest scanned for wires?

• Love 1
On 11/24/2018 at 12:22 PM, kili said:

"We just got a hit on somebody using the bad guy's fake ID in the middle of New York, quick, you two agents in the middle of the woods drive there and try to stop him. He'll wait for you before he does anything bad like releasing a chemical agent. Those guys that you see in the background of the office? Completely useless. We'll make sure that they arrive just in time to mop up the scene after you have already saved the day."

That seems to be the MO of FBI TV shows, is it not? Criminal Minds, Blindspot, The Blacklist... The Heroes always need to be at the other location, regardless how far that is. Never mind that in Manhattan alone there are literally tens of thousands of law enforcement personnel, federal, state and local.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 12/13/2018 at 1:02 PM, icemiser69 said:

My comment is slightly off topic, but perhaps I can tie it in.

In life, people aren't going to always know why people treat others poorly.  If they get an explanation at all, that explanation could be a lie.     Some people are just genetically predisposed to be an asshole.  I read a lot of comments from other areas of the web about old school bullying, pre-internet 1970's early 1980's.  In that era, many grade school bullies used to threaten other kids and beat them up.  I am not talking about occasionally being teased.

It amazes me why people long after they have graduated would care to go back to those bullies and talk to them (either at a reunion or via the internet).  For what purpose?  Closure?  Sometimes assholes are just that, assholes.  No need to go back, just move on and live the best life that anyone can live and try and not be like those assholes.

A bit further off-topic, this would make an interesting plot for this show or Criminal Minds back when it was about profiling. A serial killer goes around the country killing those who annoyed/tormented him as a kid. Seems like a good "perfect crime." 

Edited by torqy