Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, illdoc said:

Buffy, due to Columbine. I think it was a couple of episodes. They (it?) aired that fall.

I used to watch La Femme Nikita reruns every night at 11 p.m. on USA Network (is USA still a thing?).   After 9/11 they canceled it due to the terrorist theme (ignoring that LFN was about a covert anti-terrorist force), and never brought it back.  

• Sad 2
3 hours ago, millennium said:

I used to watch La Femme Nikita reruns every night at 11 p.m. on USA Network (is USA still a thing?).

Technically, but NBC Universal bought the channel almost two decades ago. So no more original shows (I remember Saturday nights with USA Up All Night and Duckman and Sunday nights with Silk Stalkings and La Femme Nikita, etc!) and basically just repeats of SVU, NCIS, and sports stuff now.

The independent nature of that channel is long gone now.

31 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Technically, but NBC Universal bought the channel almost two decades ago. So no more original shows (I remember Saturday nights with USA Up All Night and Duckman and Sunday nights with Silk Stalkings and La Femme Nikita, etc!) and basically just repeats of SVU, NCIS, and sports stuff now.

The independent nature of that channel is long gone now.

Mitzi Kapture and Rob Testes!  lol.   I'm getting a 90s nostalgia vibe.

• Love 2
Just now, millennium said:

Mitzi Kapture and Rob Testes!  lol.   I'm getting a 90s nostalgia vibe.

Rob Estes. (Though I'd imagine having a last name referencing male genitalia would REALLY add the va-va-voom to Silk Stalkings, which was already cheesy (but fun and with great leads!). LOL!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Rob Estes. (Though I'd imagine having a last name referencing male genitalia would REALLY add the va-va-voom to Silk Stalkings, which was already cheesy (but fun and with great leads!). LOL!

Oh I knew it was Estes, lol.

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, millennium said:

Oh I knew it was Estes, lol.

Touché! 😋

5 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Jason Alexander and Faith Ford's duet of "Big Black Dick" (you had to be there) will forever live in my memory.

*whispers* I have the entire series on DVD.

51 minutes ago, preeya said:

Is this still the FBI forum?

It's the FBI thread. But it is also off season, so some OT is not amiss [things tend to right themselves]. If you want to discuss the show, do so.

Just finished Kayla and have a question.  How is sending in a CI to steal a specific item from someone’s home not the same as an illegal search without a warrant?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KeithJ said:

Just finished Kayla and have a question.  How is sending in a CI to steal a specific item from someone’s home not the same as an illegal search without a warrant?

Maybe because she lives there, it's okay?? 🤷‍♀️

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/29/2022 at 11:24 PM, shapeshifter said:

Maybe because she lives there, it's okay?? 🤷‍♀️

No- because if so, living there would have also allowed her to grant the FBI access to search the house.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1

I am obsessed with this show, but two things drive me crazy:

1. The agents NEVER use their audible siren when chasing someone. They only use their emergency lights. There are several episodes where it’s just absurd that they don’t blast their siren. It’s very unrealistic.

2. In every single episode, once the agents approach a suspect, he takes off running. That’s not realistic, but it does make for exciting TV. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 7/9/2022 at 11:12 AM, Clint said:

2. In every single episode, once the agents approach a suspect, he takes off running. That’s not realistic, but it does make for exciting TV. 

Of course they take off running. The agents announce themselves when about fifty to a hundred feet away and the suspect looks up, sees them, and takes off running. If they were less stupid about when they let the guy know he was being approached they wouldn't have to run so much. But then the show would have less 'exciting' chase scenes. It drives me nuts, really. It's just so stupid.

I miss Maggie.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Of course they take off running. The agents announce themselves when about fifty to a hundred feet away and the suspect looks up, sees them, and takes off running. If they were less stupid about when they let the guy know he was being approached they wouldn't have to run so much. But then the show would have less 'exciting' chase scenes. It drives me nuts, really. It's just so stupid.

NCIS LA has kind of made a running joke out of the suspect always running - Callen and Sam have started to discuss whether someone's going to run or not as they approach and/or complain about someone running again a few seasons ago. 😄 Sometimes they're also positioned so that only one of them is approaching and the other one blocks the escape route.

As an actor, I'd get tired of running in every single episode. I mean, it's nice that they get a bit of a workout 'cause they have so little time to go to the gym but still.

It would probably be fun to be a fly on the wall and hear the actors comment on it when they get the script.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Because of a boring summer healing from broken bones and Bell’s Palsy, I binged watched this show.  A few observations:  Thank God they didn’t have Connie Nielsen on for more than the Pilot.  I was very disappointed that Sela Ward left.  Not a huge fan of Ms. de la Garza.  Why does OA constantly play with his ring? It’s obnoxious. Why did Ebonee Noel leave?  She was great.  I need more Jeremy. Loved him since seeing him in the great movie Grand Canyon when he was a teen.  These actors really need to suck it up and stop wearing the thick, black leather gloves.  Yeah, we know it’s cold, but you can’t quickly and accurately shoot a gun with heavy gloves. They have been trained correctly in how to move with a weapon by having your trigger finger straight along the barrel, because you never run or stalk with the finger on the trigger. That is the first thing you’re taught when taking shooting lessons.  I shoot and have used a Smith and Wesson, Sig Sauer, Beretta and others and you never move anywhere with your finger on the trigger. 

Overall, I really like this show and look forward to this Tuesday.  But one thing I don’t want to ever see is an intimate relationship between Maggie and OA.  Can’t help but see a little something with OA on the episode where Maggie was poisoned. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I’m looking forward to the FBI shows returning - I enjoy them. I’m glad all of the regulars on FBI are back and I’m glad they found a way to keep Nina in the franchise by moving her over to MW. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 5/31/2023 at 2:55 AM, millennium said:

Now I'm at the point where Scola's getting huffy because Nina wants to raise the baby on her own.   It's not like he was actively planning a family with her.   They're just dating.   This was a birth control failure.    If she wanted to terminate the pregnancy, Scola wouldn't have much say in the matter; doesn't it follow that if she wants to raise the baby on her own, that should also be her choice?

I would have more sympathy for his point of view if they were married or working together on starting a family, but the pregnancy was a fluke.  And if they're not getting married now that she's pregnant (at least it doesn't seem like they will at this point), why is he acting like Nina's request is so out of line?

Because it’s his kid as well.

Yes, Nina has the final say on whether she wants to stay pregnant or not, but once it’s born, Scola has just as much right to be a father to the child as she does to be a mother. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Nice to have the show back tonight - I’m surprised no one has posted yet.

The case was rather routine, we’ve seen plenty of terrorist/attacks bomb plots, but it was solid enough, made more compelling by the loss of one of their own. I knew Hobbs was gone as soon as they said he was going undercover with Tiffany - I did wonder why they didn’t bring in another field agent to do it, but I guess Hobbs had prior experience in the field. It was sad to see him killed off, as I like everyone on this show, including the minor characters.

I guess they are setting up Hakim and the hunt for him to be an ongoing story, I don’t usually care for ongoing stories, but this show doesn’t have many of them, the last big recurring villain was the drug cartel guy back in season 3. I’m not sure how Hakim will be able to escape the city, so I guess he would have to hide out until one of his associates could try to smuggle him out. Anyway I wonder when they’ll bring this story back.

I liked how they referenced Scola being a father now a couple of times but it didn’t get in the way of the show. And I liked that we saw everyone’s reaction to Hobbs’ death, including the other analysts. The personal interactions were well done all around I thought. I liked Jubal as always, and it was nice to see Isobel do an interrogation.

I wondered how the waitress managed to get away from the restaurant so fast after Hobbs’ death to help Hakim escape?

A decent season premiere, nice to have the show back.

FWIW, I just started an episode thread here:

Feel free to use it or not.

I thought the restaurant actress was better than average. 

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

this note is just to let you know that all posts concerning S6 E1 have been moved to the episode thread and that we have created a media thread. We would appreciate if you would continue to chat about the episode and media information in the respective threads and use this thread to discuss everything else related to the show.

Thank you for your posts and help in keeping Primetimer organized and easily accessible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Mod-Tigerkatze said:

Hi everyone,

this note is just to let you know that all posts concerning S6 E1 have been moved to the episode thread and that we have created a media thread. We would appreciate if you would continue to chat about the episode and media information in the respective threads and use this thread to discuss everything else related to the show.

Thank you for your posts and help in keeping Primetimer organized and easily accessible.

Cool 😎

I'm doing a binge watch of the FBI series and reading the comments here about each episode as I go along. Currently finishing up season 4. 

My favorite part of the show is the JOC and the tech wizards. Be still my heart for Kelly, the man who can give us Pi to 300 places.

Now, my Big Question that I hope someone can help me with: what are the posts sticking out beside the computer monitors in the JOC? They look like they'll put an eye out if you lean down beside someone to look at their screen. 

What's that rod pointing at Hoop's chin?

fbijocpoles.jpg

6 hours ago, Woodrose said:

What's that rod pointing at Hoop's chin?

Possibly some sort of boom mic., but more likely a keyboard/desktop light of some sort?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Woodrose said:

what are the posts sticking out beside the computer monitors in the JOC?

It's where the techs hang their sticky notes so they're not in the way on the screen.  :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1