Type keyword(s) to search

A Million Little Clues: Spoilers And Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Which is funny because Nash also included Rome, along with Katherine, as the characters he saw himself most in. But yeah, primarily, it's all about Gary so....

The two characters that he completely sidelined?  Hmmm.

Putting on my pop psychology hat, that makes me think that Rome and Katherine are the two characters he'd *like* to see himself in, not that he actually does.

This really frustrates me because I still maintain that this show has a lot going for it: the premise is great, the acting (with one or two exceptions) is some of the best on TV, and I still think a good story can be salvaged from the ashes of season 1.  However, nothing will come of it if Nash can't get out of his own way.  If ABC really cared about this show, they'd convince Nash to bring in a co-showrunner, someone who can pull him out of himself and show him that this show is not his personal mirror.

Just now, HazelEyes4325 said:

The two characters that he completely sidelined?  Hmmm.

Heh.

Although he has actually used Katherine more in the final few episodes than he certainly did at the beginning. I mean, he's now used Katherine more than Eddie in some episodes, so that's kind of a nice karmatic moment for Eddie's character. 

1 minute ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

This really frustrates me because I still maintain that this show has a lot going for it: the premise is great, the acting (with one or two exceptions) is some of the best on TV, and I still think a good story can be salvaged from the ashes of season 1.  However, nothing will come of it if Nash can't get out of his own way.  If ABC really cared about this show, they'd convince Nash to bring in a co-showrunner, someone who can pull him out of himself and show him that this show is not his personal mirror.

Him having some new mystery when the first season mystery wasn't as well done as it could have been doesn't bode well for me enjoying season 2. But they can't get any worse than throwing in an affair with two main characters, one who is the widow of the guy who just killed himself, and a secret baby. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Heh.

Although he has actually used Katherine more in the final few episodes than he certainly did at the beginning. I mean, he's now used Katherine more than Eddie in some episodes, so that's kind of a nice karmatic moment for Eddie's character. 

Him having some new mystery when the first season mystery wasn't as well done as it could have been doesn't bode well for me enjoying season 2. But they can't get any worse than throwing in an affair with two main characters, one who is the widow of the guy who just killed himself, and a secret baby. 

If I were Nash's Fairy Godmother, I'd tell him to stop with the mysteries.  What is the next one?  Let's see...9/11 is taken care of, so maybe the Holocaust?  The Spanish Flu epidemic of 1917? The Tiananmen Square Massacre?  I'm sure that Nash will find something "compelling" and it will be dramatically revealed by someone dropping a newspaper in the last episode.

This show *worked* as a relational show about found family.  It wasn't perfect, but there was enough there to make something really good. And, yeah, there is some baggage from season 1 that the show has no choice but to deal with in season 2 (SECRET BABIES ARE NEVER WORTH IT!).  I'm not ready to give up on this yet, maybe only because it hasn't gotten bad enough that it eclipses my David Giuntoli fandom, but I am hopeful that maybe, somehow, someone will miraculously force Nash to get his head out of his own ass.

10 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

If I were Nash's Fairy Godmother, I'd tell him to stop with the mysteries.  What is the next one?  Let's see...9/11 is taken care of, so maybe the Holocaust?  The Spanish Flu epidemic of 1917? The Tiananmen Square Massacre?  I'm sure that Nash will find something "compelling" and it will be dramatically revealed by someone dropping a newspaper in the last episode.

My money is on the unkillable Rasputin. *only half kidding*

• Love 1

A MILLION LITTLE THINGS: DJ Nash Previews Season 2

So happy to read this news ☺️

After reading the article, several things came up in my mind, I have so many questions around Katherine's character:

1. Why is she not at Jon's gift giving? (Nash did mention in his Twitter we'll come to see that in S2)
  2. Gary's sudden change of attitude toward Katherine in the finale. We all know he doesn't like her when the season started and even after Katherine has helped Delilah get back the house, he still encourages Eddie to date other women, and then all of sudden his on Team Katherine? Despite knowing how Gary think of her, Katherine has never said anything negative about him, it makes me wonder where does this hostility come from? What are their "history" that Katherine has said to Gary in the early episode?
  3. It seems Regina is the only person from the group who still maintain a good friendship with Katherine, some scenes I can remember:
    • At pizza night, after Katherine enters D's house, Regina walks up to her and says "I know it can't be easy, but I'm glad you're here", she goes on saying "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you"
    • Regina calls Katherine and invites her to the tasting party
    • Katherine tells Theo that it's Auntie Regina who taught her how to build the gingerbread house
    • Regina has made some food for Katherine and Theo after hearing Katherine was in a car accident

We haven't seen much interaction between Regina and Katherine, but I kind of like their friendship, they are both strong woman type character in the show, and I hope we'll have the chance to see them bond together and help each other in the next season.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, planetX said:

A MILLION LITTLE THINGS: DJ Nash Previews Season 2

So happy to read this news ☺️

After reading the article, several things came up in my mind, I have so many questions around Katherine's character:

1. Why is she not at Jon's gift giving? (Nash did mention in his Twitter we'll come to see that in S2)
  2. Gary's sudden change of attitude toward Katherine in the finale. We all know he doesn't like her when the season started and even after Katherine has helped Delilah get back the house, he still encourages Eddie to date other women, and then all of sudden his on Team Katherine? Despite knowing how Gary think of her, Katherine has never said anything negative about him, it makes me wonder where does this hostility come from? What are their "history" that Katherine has said to Gary in the early episode?
  3. It seems Regina is the only person from the group who still maintain a good friendship with Katherine, some scenes I can remember:
    • At pizza night, after Katherine enters D's house, Regina walks up to her and says "I know it can't be easy, but I'm glad you're here", she goes on saying "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you"
    • Regina calls Katherine and invites her to the tasting party
    • Katherine tells Theo that it's Auntie Regina who taught her how to build the gingerbread house
    • Regina has made some food for Katherine and Theo after hearing Katherine was in a car accident

We haven't seen much interaction between Regina and Katherine, but I kind of like their friendship, they are both strong woman type character in the show, and I hope we'll have the chance to see them bond together and help each other in the next season.

The best part of the sneak preview was the information that Colin is going to be featured in an episode, he's my favorite character.

• Love 2

Yes Colin!  The best part without a script. ; )  I hope he's okay, I don't do well with sick dogs.  

I don't care about a mystery he set up, it is what it is. To me there are many. No one really has a past, Rome and Regina have one but I hope it isn't the baby/abuse angle. The rest of the friends don't have any family except Maggie that is ever shown, Jon's didn't even come to the funeral or warrant a mention unless I forgot. Eddie and Gary are the same.  Ashley is in Spain spending her savings I assume and will be back when she needs to work.  I assume Jon's business folded when he died and the space is now occupied by others but I'm sure she'll find something with less drama I hope.  I'd like some closure on the financials but we will see.

It's a mystery to me  how many of them work except Katherine and Regina, enough hours to warrant a check but This is Us is the same way. lol

Something tells me Nash will add to this preview many times before September. 😉

• Love 2
On 3/9/2019 at 5:19 AM, planetX said:
  • Why is she not at Jon's gift giving? (Nash did mention in his Twitter we'll come to see that in S2)
  •  

We'll see in season 2 that...Katherine turned down the gift that Jon would have given her. Because I refuse to accept any other answer that doesn't involve Katherine having agency over Jon's gift giving, especially with Maggie getting a gift over Katherine. Jon didn't know her so it would be worse if Delilah decided to make the decision to give a gift to Maggie instead if Katherine was never even considered.

So apparently, season 2's mystery has been set up in season 1. Ok, great. I'm not sure I really care right now.

Season 2 is all about redo, it sounds like. Maggie's redo at life and Nash does mention Katherine/Eddie getting a redo, so it sounds like they may still try to work things out next season...though I wouldn't be surprised if they still get divorced.

What I find interesting in that article is that Nash refers to Delilah/Eddie as a "friendship". Um....I know he may be trying to backtrack here, but it definitely was never a friendship. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

What I find interesting in that article is that Nash refers to Delilah/Eddie as a "friendship". Um....I know he may be trying to backtrack here, but it definitely was never a friendship. 

Well, I think we can assume that they had "just a friendship" before Delilah got bored in her marriage and initiated the affair with Eddie.  But, yeah, the way he phrased that didn't really make sense.  It seemed like he was talking about some newly formed relationship between the two when that is not at all what it is.  For some reason, Eddie is still hanging around with her--which makes no fucking sense--and Delilah kept stringing him along.  That's not a friendship.

Again, I have to ask...has Nash actually ever seen this show?

• Love 3
On 2/19/2019 at 11:39 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

This is my guess on that:  I think that the character of Katherine was re-written when the role was recast with Grace Park.  Park is a big enough star that she isn't going to accept a supporting role behind at least 1 actress with far less cred (Szostak, although I think Moses and Miller would both fall in that category as well).  My guess is that she came into the role knowing that, as of season 2 , she would be one of the leads.  Plus, look at social media.  Park is a fan favorite, not SzoTake the PTV 4.0 New Features Tourstak.  They need to keep her fans.

This also leads me to believe that the Eddie/Katherine reconciliation is coming (sooner than I would like) and we're going to end up in a who's your daddy custody battle.

Just read the original script of the pilot at here, and I believe what you said.
(I did a little search after someone on Twitter mentioned Theo was called Caleb back then 😳)

• Love 1
On 3/10/2019 at 8:36 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

Well, I think we can assume that they had "just a friendship" before Delilah got bored in her marriage and initiated the affair with Eddie.  But, yeah, the way he phrased that didn't really make sense.  It seemed like he was talking about some newly formed relationship between the two when that is not at all what it is.  For some reason, Eddie is still hanging around with her--which makes no fucking sense--and Delilah kept stringing him along.  That's not a friendship.

Again, I have to ask...has Nash actually ever seen this show?

Hell, the way they even had Delilah going into labor early is making me wonder if they are going to turn this all around and the baby is really Jon's. In one way it resolves an issue with Eddie and Katherine and now they can move forward. On the other hand it also calls into the entire situation with Jon's ex business partner's wife and her now firefighter husband who basically acts like Jon knocked up Barbara in a heat of the moment and then decided to walk out on them due to guilt over his friend. At least what the video was implying when we saw the son seeing it (even more crap they just left it there, plush why would the son just go: "Oh hey, computer I need to look up my Twitch account, what's this? A video card?" 

Plus, with Jon's secretary returning next season from Spain, apparently the "secret accounts" are going to come into play again. If they reveal that Jon did some shady dealing with some people to get money in there. Then I can see why she was hiding everything, in fear that they would go after Jon's family or even Barb's. 

1 hour ago, planetX said:

Just read the original script of the pilot at here, and I believe what you said.
(I did a little search after someone on Twitter mentioned Theo was called Caleb back then 😳)

I figured the role changed when Park was cast but that was a bigger change than I expected. She comes off like a villain in that version. All of the characters are taking potshots at her.  

Some of the added details are ridiculous. For example:

Eddie steels himself. He thought he would come to this moment, but apparently the moment has come to him.

She exhales deeply and covers with that Jackie O resilience we have witnessed the whole episode, but now we realize there is so much more going on. It seems each of these friends is carrying secrets that need to be shared.

If he was going for Jackie O with Delilah he seriously missed the mark. 

22 hours ago, Dani said:

I figured the role changed when Park was cast but that was a bigger change than I expected. She comes off like a villain in that version. All of the characters are taking potshots at her.  

Eddie steels himself. He thought he would come to this moment, but apparently the moment has come to him.

She exhales deeply and covers with that Jackie O resilience we have witnessed the whole episode, but now we realize there is so much more going on. It seems each of these friends is carrying secrets that need to be shared.

So true. The biggest change I notice is that, in that script, there's no scene where Delilah and Katherine are actually talking (it just is mentioned that they're talking) while, if I remember correctly from the pilot, we actually had the scene of Delilah/Katherine chatting at the service after the funeral. 

• Love 1
On 3/20/2019 at 11:26 AM, Dani said:

I'm glad they changed it. I would've quit this show so fast if they went down that road with Katherine. I remember it annoying me so much when I watched the first episode that it wasn't until I read an article that we were going to see a different side to her and understand her better that I decided to watch past the pilot. I just hate that stupid trope so much. Especially since it only would've been done so it's "okay" for Eddie to have an affair.

10 hours ago, Dusty said:

I'm glad they changed it. I would've quit this show so fast if they went down that road with Katherine. I remember it annoying me so much when I watched the first episode that it wasn't until I read an article that we were going to see a different side to her and understand her better that I decided to watch past the pilot. I just hate that stupid trope so much. Especially since it only would've been done so it's "okay" for Eddie to have an affair.

Right and that I just don't like, it's one thing when both sides are equally at fault. However, the troupe that it's all one sided, keep in mind. Sometimes one is more at fault than the other, but the other pretending it will go away or just feel like they "deserve" it to happen to them. Speaks the same message, just in a more: "I don't know how to live by myself." 

• Love 1

While, there is a principle character I would very much like to see die (painfully), my guess is that the death will be a secondary (possibly) or tertiary (probably) character whose demise will give the characters a scene to rage their emotions but will ultimately have no impact on any story line.

• Love 5
On 8/29/2019 at 8:44 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

While, there is a principle character I would very much like to see die (painfully), my guess is that the death will be a secondary (possibly) or tertiary (probably) character whose demise will give the characters a scene to rage their emotions but will ultimately have no impact on any story line.

It won't be any of the main characters. And they make sure to mention that it'll affect all of the characters....which probably just means that they rally around the person who is actually most affected. I could only dream that it was Delilah but since I know it's not, here are the only options it could actually be:

1. Gary's dog Colin
  2. Regina's mother
  3. Rome's father
  4. Barbara Morgan
  5. Ashley

Yeah, that's about it. Nobody else would make sense. We've never seen any of Eddie's family. I don't even remember if we ever saw Katherine's mother, but even if we did, no way do the group rally around her. They likely won't have Delilah lose new beau Andrew or the baby.

My first thought is that it's Gary's dog, because the show LOVES Gary so much so why NOT give him more grief? Plus, there's this:

But honestly, it could very well be Ashley, who they never knew what to do with in season 1. Or it could be a family member. 

But my BEST guess is that it's Barbara Morgan and her death causes PJ to live with one of the group. I mean, since it's obvious that he's Jon's secret son, they won't get rid of Chandler Riggs that easily, but then they can get rid of Barbara Morgan. 

Shit, it will probably be Colin.  Why?  Because this is a show that is supposed to make viewers cry.  Yet, a lot of viewers on social media say it doesn't make them cry.  So they have to try harder.  And killing off a beloved pet will make everyone cry!  (And, yeah, I'm someone who has remained dry eyed for this entire show, but I know I will cry if they kill Colin, all the while knowing it is nothing more than a manipulative tactic to get the audience to cry.  I still haven't forgiven Grey's Anatomy for--well, for a lot of things, really--but especially for killing off Meredith's dog over a decade ago).

On 8/31/2019 at 4:05 PM, Lady Calypso said:

It won't be any of the main characters. And they make sure to mention that it'll affect all of the characters....which probably just means that they rally around the person who is actually most affected. I could only dream that it was Delilah but since I know it's not, here are the only options it could actually be:

1. Gary's dog Colin
  2. Regina's mother
  3. Rome's father
  4. Barbara Morgan
  5. Ashley

Interesting analysis.  I don't see Regina's mother or Rome's father as likely although they meet the criteria....they just wouldn't affect the entire cast that much.  Ashley, maybe, especially if everyone finds out more about her and her role/relationship with Jon. 

That leaves us (well me, actually) with two choices.  Barbara Morgan was a focal point over a number of episodes and yes, I think PJ is Jon's son so she is a definite possibility.  Unfortunately though I think that it's Colin, "There’s a Colin story coming that will break your heart." implies that he dies, but Nash is not the most reliable person describing things that are going to happen so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

But somebody dies...so who is it?  I'm still thinking it's Colin, hit by a car driven by Delilah.  Everyone forgives her while comforting Gary.  I'm not certain I can watch if it looks as though it's going to be Colin. 

10 hours ago, snarkylady said:

But somebody dies...so who is it?  I'm still thinking it's Colin, hit by a car driven by Delilah.  Everyone forgives her while comforting Gary.  I'm not certain I can watch if it looks as though it's going to be Colin. 

That would at least be in character for Delilah.  And, according to her, it will all be Colin's fault.  Or Jon's.

But, yeah, I'm putting my money on Colin at this point.

Some spoilers for the upcoming season. Nothing too new except for the part bolded:

Even before the ABC drama gets to the death that series creator D.J. Nash recently teased, there’ll be plenty of bittersweet fodder for Gary & Co. — starting with the birth of Eddie and Delilah’s baby in the premiere. On the plus side? The blessed event represents a chance for Eddie to get a daddy do-over. “He missed a lot of Theo’s early life because he was drunk, and he doesn’t want to miss any of this new life,” star David Giuntoli tells TVLine. But how wife Katherine will receive the news — if, indeed, that’s what Eddie was poised to tell her at the end of last season — is another issue entirely. Rome, meanwhile, still wants to start a family, and Regina, despite being Delilah’s birthing coach, isn’t about to change her mind on the matter. “It’s frightening to be with the love of your life and then to all of a sudden realize that you might truly be on different pages,” Christina Moses teases. On a happier front, now that Maggie is cancer-free, she and Gary enter “the real honeymoon phase and the pressure that comes with doing day-to-day normal couple things,” Allison Miller previews. “They’re going to have to get to know each other from the beginning all over again.”

BONUS SPOILER!: Look for PJ’s secrets to come to light this season. “He knows a lot more about the group than he’s letting on,” Chandler Riggs teases.

We already know that Eddie DOES tell Katherine and that she probably doesn't react very well at first. 

So, we're going to tease this whole Regina/Rome marital problem over kids for a while, huh? I mean, it's obvious that Regina will give in eventually. We saw Maggie give in to Gary's pestering about treatment (although that IS a good thing for us since we keep the actress) and we KNOW that TV shows apparently can't work with a childless couple who choose to be childless. Every single TV show I've seen that has ever shown the subject of kids come up, the couple in question always fall in line with wanting kids eventually. So sadly, we're just stalling until Regina and Rome eventually get a kid (whether through adoption or an actual pregnancy). 

I still bet that PJ loses his parents and now I think Rome and Regina will take him in. Boom! Regina doesn't need to care for a young kid but Rome still gets his dream kid. 

• Love 1

From the article @Lady Calypso posted:

The blessed event represents a chance for Eddie to get a daddy do-over. “He missed a lot of Theo’s early life because he was drunk, and he doesn’t want to miss any of this new life,” star David Giuntoli tells TVLine.

So, they are retconning, I guess.  It was established in season 1 that Eddie quit drinking when Theo was born and had been the primary caregiver for most of Theo's life.  Now, he was drunk the whole time because that will give Nash a change to tie him even more to Delilah?  Ugh.

I am in for at least trying this season, but it may be that I have to give up my personal rule of not hate-watching because, honestly, nothing I've heard so far is making me excited for this season.

• Love 3

So you can see the first scene of S2 by liking some tweet by Million Little Things and they send you the first scene.

Eddie does tell Katherine that the baby is his and she tells him to go to the hospital to be there for the baby the way that he wasn't there for her. She's upset with him understandably and is crying as he leaves to go be there for the baby and Delilah. She is the one that tells Eddie Delilah is in labor.

Eddie sucks, Katherine deserves better, same as last season.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, sking24450 said:

Eddie sucks, Katherine deserves better, same as last season.

Sigh.  

I will admit that my wishlist item is that Katherine and Eddie hit Delilah with a paternity/custody suit*...only because I am so sick of watching one character (Katherine) be continually shit upon while another character (Delilah) is at least partly responsible for the shitting and gets away with everyone and is painted as a complete saint.

Katherine does deserve better, but I still think that Eddie at least has potential for redemption.  I'm not sold on the idea that his redemption leads to a reconciliation with his wife but at least there is a clear path fro the character to grow.

*In my fantasy world, when they serve Delilah with a paternity/custody suit, they also give her a bill for all that legal work that Katherine did for her that everyone seems to have completely forgotten about.

• Love 4

So I saw 2 other sneak peeks when I was on YouTube. One is of the guys stealing some crib and the other is of Chandler Riggs character seeing Maggie as a therapist.

However, I watched some s2 preview and it struck me that the thing that bothers me about this show is how the characters don't react like normal people. What triggered me was seeing Katherine and Theo in some group pic with the whole crew and Delilah and the new baby. That is not normal, no wife who had been cheated on would be over it that quickly. I wish this show would allow characters to react realistically without trying force this fake bond.

Basically I want a show with Katherine saying fuck everyone and getting new friends, still upset the office romance was killed last season for her to be crapped on with this Eddie/Delilah mess again.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sking24450 said:

So I saw 2 other sneak peeks when I was on YouTube. One is of the guys stealing some crib and the other is of Chandler Riggs character seeing Maggie as a therapist.

However, I watched some s2 preview and it struck me that the thing that bothers me about this show is how the characters don't react like normal people. What triggered me was seeing Katherine and Theo in some group pic with the whole crew and Delilah and the new baby. That is not normal, no wife who had been cheated on would be over it that quickly. I wish this show would allow characters to react realistically without trying force this fake bond.

Basically I want a show with Katherine saying fuck everyone and getting new friends, still upset the office romance was killed last season for her to be crapped on with this Eddie/Delilah mess again.

Replying in the character thread.

4 hours ago, alexvillage said:

Do I remember it correctly about a character dying in the beginning of this season? Am I mixing up shows? 

I don't think it was ever said when it would happen, but Nash did say "someone we've seen before" will die this season.  I take that to mean it will be someone who isn't that important to any story arc and who is, at best, a secondary character.

My guesses are Colin, because killing an animal makes everyone cry and this show is all about emotional manipulation, or Delilah's dad, because everyone forgot he existed after that one episode he was in and Gerald McRaney is expensive.

On another note, I read in an article (I think it may have been the same one I brought up in the 02.01 thread) that someone, with a "unique viewpoint" is going to have a conversation with Katherine to change how she thinks of things.  I swear, if it is someone who convinces Katherine that things are really hard for Delilah and Delilah should be pitied for her situation and the best thing Katherine can do is come back and pretend nothing happened, I might just lose it...

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, alexvillage said:

Do I remember it correctly about a character dying in the beginning of this season? Am I mixing up shows? 

No, you're correct. They said a character we've seen will die.

AKA, none of the main characters and probably a family member of one of the ones who we have seen.

I'm about 80% positive it's going to be Gary's dog. 

1 hour ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

On another note, I read in an article (I think it may have been the same one I brought up in the 02.01 thread) that someone, with a "unique viewpoint" is going to have a conversation with Katherine to change how she thinks of things.  I swear, if it is someone who convinces Katherine that things are really hard for Delilah and Delilah should be pitied for her situation and the best thing Katherine can do is come back and pretend nothing happened, I might just lose it...

I'm trying to think of who it could be. It's either going to be Katherine's mom or it's going to be one of Delilah's kids (unbeknownst to them that Delilah/Eddie were having an affair and probably just giving advice to Katherine to get her to work things out with Eddie). 

I mean, I do expect Katherine/Eddie to somehow work things out, for various reasons. I do hope that it just takes a long, long time. I don't see Katherine or Eddie forgetting about it. I mean, this show has a lot of flaws but they HAVE tried to keep Katherine's anger at Eddie consistent. I just wish it was more consistent with Delilah as well. But in order for Katherine to really get more to do, she either has to work things out with Eddie or become besties with someone like Maggie. And I'd rather have Grace Park than no Grace Park.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

It’s probably Maggie. Let’s hope it’s not to make her feel bad for Delilah. I kind of want her and Eddie to sue for custody. Theo does deserve to know his sister. It’s going to get out anyway. 

I don't really want Katherine (and Eddie) tied to Delilah, so my ultimate wish is that this baby ends up being someone else's.  Sure, it can be Jon's.  But, hey, throwing some other guy in the mix would still be in character with Delilah (yeah, I'm snarky).  

But, beyond that, I'd love to see a scene where Katherine and Eddie get Delilah served with custody papers and Delilah have to explain to her kids what would happen.  That, I believe, would send me soaring over the mountaintops of schadenfreude...

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 3

So, promo pics for 2x05 is out and it looks like Eddie/Katherine are in a better place by that episode:

a-million-little-things-episode-205-austin-promotional-photo-22_595.jpg

It IS nice to see Katherine actually get to smile, but I'm cringing at the inevitable bullshit that needs to be written to get her there.

But damn if David and Grace don't emulate chemistry and make me want them to work things out.

Also, it looks like Maggie and Jason Ritter's character (Eric) have some bonding moments (I know that who Eric is is revealed in episode 4). Seriously, Jason Ritter is so charming and, no matter what his connection with Maggie is (mother's boyfriend, secret brother, donor recipient of Maggie's brother's organs), I want him to stay on this show for as long as it's airing. I need my dose of Jason Ritter. Also, it looks like Eric is some sort of musician/works at a music store (I don't think Maggie just goes to music stores to sing):

a-million-little-things-episode-205-austin-promotional-photo-03_595.jpg

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, promo pics for 2x05 is out and it looks like Eddie/Katherine are in a better place by that episode:

a-million-little-things-episode-205-austin-promotional-photo-22_595.jpg

It IS nice to see Katherine actually get to smile, but I'm cringing at the inevitable bullshit that needs to be written to get her there.

But damn if David and Grace don't emulate chemistry and make me want them to work things out.

Honestly, I don't think Nash has a choice but to make these two work it out.  He pissed of a lot of people with his treatment of Katherine and she is clearly the fan favorite.  As with so many things about this, it *could* be a good story line, but the odds that Nash won't fuck it up are extraordinarily low.

I do think, based on what I've read in press reports about upcoming episodes, we are in for a custody battle.  I have...mixed feelings about this.  I mean, I'm all here for Delilah to suffer, but custody battles are so horribly messy and uncomfortable to watch.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Honestly, I don't think Nash has a choice but to make these two work it out.  He pissed of a lot of people with his treatment of Katherine and she is clearly the fan favorite.  As with so many things about this, it *could* be a good story line, but the odds that Nash won't fuck it up are extraordinarily low.

I do think, based on what I've read in press reports about upcoming episodes, we are in for a custody battle.  I have...mixed feelings about this.  I mean, I'm all here for Delilah to suffer, but custody battles are so horribly messy and uncomfortable to watch.

Huh. I didn't expect an actual custody battle to transpire. I hope not. It just makes everyone miserable. And it'll just ruin the friend group. And while I'm not opposed to Delilah suffering a bit, I feel like this potential custody battle (if it's true) will only serve Victim Delilah and make Katherine and Eddie look like the monsters.

So I'm just going to assume it's not true, especially since that means that the kids find out about the affair. And I don't want Sophie to have to feel bad for her mom if there is a custody battle. She deserves to be angry at her mother for a long time, damnit!

I would love to read these press reports, though. I am insanely curious to see what else may be happening this season. 

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Huh. I didn't expect an actual custody battle to transpire. I hope not. It just makes everyone miserable. And it'll just ruin the friend group. And while I'm not opposed to Delilah suffering a bit, I feel like this potential custody battle (if it's true) will only serve Victim Delilah and make Katherine and Eddie look like the monsters.

So I'm just going to assume it's not true, especially since that means that the kids find out about the affair. And I don't want Sophie to have to feel bad for her mom if there is a custody battle. She deserves to be angry at her mother for a long time, damnit!

I would love to read these press reports, though. I am insanely curious to see what else may be happening this season. 

My computer is acting weird and I can't get to it now, but it is the press report for episode 2.4.  Basically it says that Eddie tells Delilah he wants to be an active part of Charlie's life and that Katherine makes a decision about her relationship with Eddie.  I may be reaching here, but it does seem like the road to a custody hearing.  Of course, if we go down that road and a paternity test, which would be necessary in such a case, shows a surprise, I'm good with that too.

4 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

My computer is acting weird and I can't get to it now, but it is the press report for episode 2.4.  Basically it says that Eddie tells Delilah he wants to be an active part of Charlie's life and that Katherine makes a decision about her relationship with Eddie.  I may be reaching here, but it does seem like the road to a custody hearing.  Of course, if we go down that road and a paternity test, which would be necessary in such a case, shows a surprise, I'm good with that too.

Perhaps. I could also take that as Katherine deciding to try to move forward with Eddie in general, especially since Delilah isn't likely to give in to Eddie taking a more paternal role while her kids are still unaware. 

I can't say that Katherine/Eddie deciding to go toward a custody hearing, at least right now, is a good idea. They'll be made to look like the bad guys, not Delilah. And, again, it would really mess up the friends dynamic of the show, since Gary, Regina and Rome would likely choose Delilah over Eddie/Katherine. 

Honestly, I think that whatever happens in 2x04 is more about Katherine deciding to move forward with trying again with Eddie, with or without the new baby being more in his life. Seeing as 2x05 has Delilah dealing with family photos and the whole subplot with Danny missing Jon, the kids obviously don't know at this point, and the press release also says that Eddie and Katherine are looking for a fresh start, which is less possible if they're looking to gain custody of Charlie. It really feels like Katherine is just trying to find a New Normal with Eddie (which, again, goes back to my point about bullshit being fed in order to have Katherine/Eddie reconcile sooner).

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It really feels like Katherine is just trying to find a New Normal with Eddie (which, again, goes back to my point about bullshit being fed in order to have Katherine/Eddie reconcile sooner).

Yeah, if things go as it looks like it will go, the reconciliation will be hard to believe.  I won't say that a couple that has gone through what they have gone through are doomed, but a lot of hard work is required to get there and I doubt that Nash will take the care needed to make that happen (even though it would be good TV).

I was thinking it would be good to see them go through therapy together and really work through their issues.  Then I realized that, if they did that, their therapist would be Maggie--because, you know, she's the only therapist in Boston and even though she says she shouldn't counsel her friends, she still does it.

• Love 1

Well, if this isn't confirmation on the loss of a character, I don't know what is. This is the press release for episode 6:

THE GANG RALLIES AROUND GARY DURING A STRESSFUL LOSS ON
“unleashed” – Gary’s growing tension with Maggie comes to a head as she accidentally lets Colin out while she’s on the phone with Eric. Meanwhile, Delilah does a podcast about suicide, which helps her open up to Andrew, on a new episode of “A Million Little Things,” airing THURSDAY, OCT. 31 (9:01-10:01 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-14, D) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, if this isn't confirmation on the loss of a character, I don't know what is. This is the press release for episode 6:

THE GANG RALLIES AROUND GARY DURING A STRESSFUL LOSS ON
“unleashed” – Gary’s growing tension with Maggie comes to a head as she accidentally lets Colin out while she’s on the phone with Eric. Meanwhile, Delilah does a podcast about suicide, which helps her open up to Andrew, on a new episode of “A Million Little Things,” airing THURSDAY, OCT. 31 (9:01-10:01 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-14, D) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.

Crap.  I will not be watching this episode.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, snarkylady said:

Crap.  I will not be watching this episode.

I've have worn out the FF button on the DVR watching it lately, but this has made me decide to take it off the DVR.  Nope, I won't be watching. 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 1

I thought this was a joke, this was a real topic for tonight? OMG, Delilah talking about suicide. Please, all it did for her is make her almost lose her home, period. Her bags were literally packed and she'd lose her kids at least part time so she could sleep with Eddie full time in a heartbeat.

If Nash is dumb enough to have Colin die, well the ratings will....I think they will just have him show up later. I will not watch dog missing/dying show for the sole reason to stoke emotions.

Next week is :

Delilah makes arrangements for a family photo shoot with longtime photographer Seymour, but Danny struggles to accept that this new family does not include his father. Meanwhile, Rome and Regina make big plans to celebrate Rome's parents aniv.

Poor Danny, do they need a professional shot now? Really?

• Love 1

So, this is the press release for episode 7...which, yeah, kind of confirms that Colin is definitely the dead character:

“ten years” – The gang gathers for Theo’s 10th birthday, which is also a significant milestone for Eddie. Meanwhile, Delilah, Eddie and Katherine are at an impasse about revealing the truth about Charlie; Rome and Regina try to keep Sophie from getting too close to PJ, and Maggie helps Gary make a difficult decision about his dog, Colin, on a new episode of “A Million Little Things,” airing THURSDAY, NOV. 7 (9:01-10:01 p.m. EST), on ABC. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.

Also, I swear if Delilah convinces Katherine to let them continue the secret keeping about baby Charlie....

Also, why would Rome and Regina need to keep Sophie from getting close to PJ? Unless PJ is actually Jon's son, would they really be going out of their way? 

12 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, this is the press release for episode 7...which, yeah, kind of confirms that Colin is definitely the dead character:

Also, I swear if Delilah convinces Katherine to let them continue the secret keeping about baby Charlie....

Also, why would Rome and Regina need to keep Sophie from getting close to PJ? Unless PJ is actually Jon's son, would they really be going out of their way? 

Depends on how Sophia is trying to get close to PJ I would think.  If they are indeed half siblings and Sophia has a crush on PJ and is pursuing a romantic connection, that needs to be nipped in the bud.  Of course, PJ already thinks he is Jon's kid, so he should be able to thwart any romantic overtures from Sophie all by himself.

I'm guessing amputation... because if Nash is stupid enough to kill a dog on network tv?   Or maybe I just want to think amputation because I do not want to lose Colin.  Colin is one of 4 characters I like on this show!  

4 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I'm guessing amputation... because if Nash is stupid enough to kill a dog on network tv?   Or maybe I just want to think amputation because I do not want to lose Colin.  Colin is one of 4 characters I like on this show!  

But then they'd have to get a dog like Colin who is 3 legged?

The guilt Maggie will feel letting him out, talking to Eric, is a bit more melodrama but contrived. Either way,not watching any dog being put down, tears me up enough in real life, don't want to relive it. I can't watch tortures, certain things on TV, don't want to feed that part of my brain anymore, enough in life that is awful.

• Love 2