Type keyword(s) to search

A Million Little Clues: Spoilers And Discussion

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t want it to be like This is us where the flashbacks can never end because the dead character is so popular. Jon does nothing for me and I have zero interest in seeing his childhood etc.

That is the disagreement.   Jon is the only reason I am watching the show.   None of the other characters  other than Jon do anything for me.  They centered a show around a main character that died in the first five minutes.   Where do you go from there?  You don't like him, he's the only reason I'm watching.    

• Love 2

I don't think Jon will ever have the prominence that Jack does in TIU, just because that is how the show is set up.  I can see Ron Livingston being sort of a recurring guest star, but I don't think he will ever be more than that here--unless Nash goes completely off the deep end, which is always a possibility.  

At some point, we will know Jon's deep, dark secret (no matter how ludicrous or mundane it turns out to be) and then there really won't be much left for him in this show.  The guy is dead, his story was over 5 minutes into the pilot.  Then, the show will have to get back to the rest of these folks and how they get on with their lives (which is what I thought this show was supposed to be about in the first place).

I will be honest--I like Ron Livingston well enough, but whether or not he is in this show isn't a big deal to me (I'm still watching for David Giuntoli.  Honestly, I think he is the only reason I'm watching at this point and even my adoration for him may not be strong enough to keep me tuning in).  I would much rather Nash focus on the actual story of the show instead of just rehashing the inciting incident endlessly.

• Love 4

I see some fans, (maybe younger?) seem to like the clues, but I thought it was supposed to be a drama about suicide with some comedy for levity. I feel that more fans like Jon than don't and Nash is trying like with Jack on TIU, to generate interest. He must see the many posts on different sites that don't like Eddie and Delilah and although many like Gary, his story is pending along with Rome's and Eddie's.

Ron said he is doing 2 shows at once, so not being in this one often was the only way he could do it. Maybe some later videos of him he made (not sure how many he made) but he was toggling 2 things. I know on TIU, a definite outline was always there with some tweaking of the script along the way. Sometimes it's seems like this show is written week to week and on a whim. Is it about friendship anymore? Is the premise for this long friendship that you never really know your friends? If it was you really don't know who is hurting, as with Rome, that's one thing, but big secrets that never came out for decades? 

I'm not quite sure how to understand how so many secrets and apartments could go undetected? Did Jon's parents not know what their son did back then? I'm unable to grasp that he lived in a bubble, his wife, yes, not him.

Edited by debraran
6 minutes ago, debraran said:

I see some fans, (maybe younger?) seem to like the clues, but I thought it was supposed to be a drama about suicide with some comedy for levity. I feel that more fans like Jon than don't and Nash is trying like with Jack on TIU, to generate interest. He must see the most don't like Eddie and Deliah and although I like Gary, his story is pending along with Rome's and

I'm moving this to the character thread.

I see next week says "On the eve of the new restaurant opening, Delilah tracks down a handsome expert to help with the last-minute details. Meanwhile, Regina struggles with her overbearing mother who causes friction by bringing up disturbing details of her past."

Handsome expert seems to be leaning toward something, was that the guy at gas station or a new handsome guy (Nash said he's coming back)  But then she's pregnant. Time will tell, they seem to not know what to do with her. : )

I don't mind Regina having a past and not living in the bubble everyone does but please don't make it be she was raped, had an abortion and that's why she doesn't want children or something like that. Is it that awful for someone to just not feel like they want children and not have something wrong that needs to be fixed?  Maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, debraran said:

I see next week says "On the eve of the new restaurant opening, Delilah tracks down a handsome expert to help with the last-minute details. Meanwhile, Regina struggles with her overbearing mother who causes friction by bringing up disturbing details of her past."

Handsome expert seems to be leaning toward something, was that the guy at gas station or a new handsome guy (Nash said he's coming back)  But then she's pregnant. Time will tell, they seem to not know what to do with her. : )

ABC has photos from that episode that show the handsome expert.

https://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/shows/a-million-little-things/episodes/someday/

I find it crazy they don’t know what to do with Delilah when she should be the easiest character. A newly widowed mother with a sick father. Even with the affair she should be more sympathetic than she is. All they need to do is have her focus on her kids or bring back her father to help humanize her. 

1 hour ago, debraran said:

I don't mind Regina having a past and not living in the bubble everyone does but please don't make it be she was raped, had an abortion and doesn't want children or something like that. Is it that awful for someone to just not feel like they want children and not have something wrong that needs to be fixed?  Maybe I'm wrong.

I really hope they don’t go there. I really loved the way she explained that she has never wanted kids. I was so refreshing for tv and I really hope they don’t add a dramatic backstory. 

Edited by Guest
(edited)
5 hours ago, debraran said:

Well, Delilah is just *irresistible* so gas station guy may look past the pregnancy because of the magic Delilah aura (blech!).

4 hours ago, Dani said:

I find it crazy they don’t know what to do with Delilah when she should be the easiest character. A newly widowed mother with a sick father. Even with the affair she should be more sympathetic than she is. All they need to do is have her focus on her kids or bring back her father to help humanize her. 

I think Delilah *could have* been the easiest character, but that ship sailed in the second or third episode.  Also, bringing on a new love interest (if that is what it is) while she's pregnant with her husband's best friend's baby, all the while saying her dead husband is the father, isn't going to win her any congeniality points.

ETA: It's nice to see that Delilah is deigning to visit the restaurant she supposedly co-owns and single-handedly decorated (and by that I mean Regina did all the work...)

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 3

This site had another look at letter:

"I hope, at the very least, I can provide you with financial security to move on. To find a life filled with the happiness you deserve. I know much of what I have done will surprise you. Please know that there was nothing you could do to stop this. I tried everything.

There's an envelope behind the painting from our honeymoon. Even though Ashley had no idea I was going to do this, she will know exactly what to do. Don't ask her what she is doing, as I don't want you to be implicated. And because she doesn't know what you know, she will be protected as well."

*Edit: Added on Hulu when I gave the time, since I realized it might be different for people watching on DVRs or something like that.

@debraran

Someone else on reddit was able to transcribe the beginning of the letter. I combined it with the post you found to piece most of the original letter together. I tried to find a transcript from the last episode but it’s the only episode without one online. I might try and transcribe later on. 

One interesting thing that I noticed is the letter changed slightly from the from Band of Dads to the second time it was shown in Unexpected. The line “There's an envelope behind the painting from our honeymoon.” was removed.

“I know that nothing I can say that could make you forgive me. I'm sure you're confused and angry and you have every right to be. But when I tell you this is the only way I could go on, and that I looked for another way, any other way, I meanit.

I want you to know that the day we met, my life forever changed. Every plan I had, every path I was taking was upended the day I met you. My love, my wife. My whole heart. I am eternally grateful for our time together, for the kids, for everything.

Regardless of everything I've done and everything that comes out of the weeks to come, I never stopped loving you. And even though I doubt you will never believe this, I did this for you and the kids. I know I have not been the perfect husband. For so long, I have not been the man you think I am. The man that everyone thinks I am. The man I wanted to be.

I realized I'm in no position to ask anything of you, but I must beg one favor-keep living, move forward. Love again, and deeply. A woman with a heart as big and wide as yours deserves a partner just a strong, devoted, and passionate.

I hope, at the very least, I can provide you with the Financial Security to move on. To find a life filled with all the happiness you deserve. I know that much of what I have done will surprise you. Please know that there was nothing you could do to stop this.  I tried everything.

There's an envelope behind the painting from our honeymoon. Even though Ashley had no idea I was going to do this, she will know exactly what to do. Don't ask her what she is doing, as I don't want you to be implicated. And because she doesn't know what you know, she will be protected as well."

13 minutes ago, Dani said:

One interesting thing that I noticed is the letter changed slightly from the from Band of Dads to the second time it was shown in Unexpected. The line “There's an envelope behind the painting from our honeymoon.” was removed.

So, Nash was retconning.  Which is pretty pathetic in the first few episodes of the first season.  Sigh.

So you think There's an envelope behind the painting from our honeymoon. Even though Ashley had no idea I was going to do this, she will know exactly what to do. Don't ask her what she is doing, as I don't want you to be implicated. And because she doesn't know what you know, she will be protected as well."  is not real anymore?

Geez, that sounded more interesting. Had his wife a little less clueless and Ashley in-between.

(edited)
3 hours ago, debraran said:

So you think There's an envelope behind the painting from our honeymoon. Even though Ashley had no idea I was going to do this, she will know exactly what to do. Don't ask her what she is doing, as I don't want you to be implicated. And because she doesn't know what you know, she will be protected as well."  is not real anymore?

Geez, that sounded more interesting. Had his wife a little less clueless and Ashley in-between.

Nope, Nash is very clearly retconning.  We aren't supposed to remember this--because Nash is banking on everyone being so enamored of this show that they aren't actually paying attention.

I get that shows sometime retcon, but I'm far more forgiving of it if it is a show several seasons into its run that is trying to dig up new story lines than I am of a show that hasn't even gotten out of its first season, brags about all its clues and how everything is so meticulous, and then pulls shit like this.

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 1

Wow, that' stinks. Show is way too young. The opening scene was Jon talking to "Allan" He said "I'm not asking you to give me the lease for free, I'm asking you to overcharge me on the rest of the building and look away for the rent on that space". If you can't Allan I'll have to look for someone who can. It meant a lot for him to have the rent low or non existent for that person, to overcharge to make up for it.  Sounds like a good deal to me but we are only hearing one side and little of that.

Edited by debraran
9 hours ago, debraran said:

The only thing changed from the first and second version was the sentence about the envelope. The stuff about Delilah not being implicated and Ashley being protected was still there.

I’d like to believe that the most recent version of the letter was changed by Ashley but it is too different for that to make sense. 

Judging by the letter given to Delilah they seemed to have changed it from legal trouble to guilt over whatever happened to Barbara Morgan. 

The way I'm seeing the letters is::

Letter sighting #1 - the original letter

Letter sighting #2 - Nash is retconning

Letter sighting #3 - A completely new letter written by Ashley to give Delilah closure but not the info on all the dirty deeds Jon was up to.

So, in this scenario we can assume that letters #2 and #3 both exist.  However, I realize I may be giving Nash far too much credit here.  For all we know, both letters 2 & 3 could be retcons.

9 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

The way I'm seeing the letters is::

Letter sighting #1 - the original letter

Letter sighting #2 - Nash is retconning

Letter sighting #3 - A completely new letter written by Ashley to give Delilah closure but not the info on all the dirty deeds Jon was up to.

So, in this scenario we can assume that letters #2 and #3 both exist.  However, I realize I may be giving Nash far too much credit here.  For all we know, both letters 2 & 3 could be retcons.

I hope your right but I’m not expecting it at this point. I’m resigning myself to the possibility that the mystery is a complete dud. Hopefully I’ll be wrong and by the end of season I will be amazed by Nash’s brilliance. 

Edited by Guest
On 1/27/2019 at 7:18 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

I just keep getting the feeling that Nash can't swim and he's floundering in the deep end with this show.  If ABC wants to make this show successful, they really ought to hire a co-showrunner for him.

This feels like Once Upon a Time all over again.

• Love 1

If they kill off Katherine....I swear to the tv gods I will be so done with this show. She is one of the very few reasons why I still watch the show and it'll be such an insult to the character that already gets so little because they would basically be fridging her for Eddie. I know she would be the easiest character in the ensemble to do that to but no. That would be a step too far for me. If they don't want to figure out how to keep her in the group then they should just let her live her best life off screen.

• Love 3

I hope Katherine isn't  off the show but how convenient for Nash. Theo would have to be with his dad and new cuddle, whomever that is. They never have relatives. This way his affair is a "so what" like with Jon, he's dead, she's dead, so we can move on. Oh please don't make it this. There are too many deaths and sickness within these friends and if there is a death, he wouldn't disrupt the group of guys. Maggie will probably die at some point, her cancer can be in remission but easy to bring back at their whim but it's not her. I don't think I can watch anymore if he makes it that soap opera-like.

I also don't think that woman is Barbara, just doesn't fit the person I feel it would be but time will tell. The young man might be her son or the son of the sister that died and Jon didn't stay around. I'm sure there are a hundred scenarios but I don't see the emotional tie-in. Buying all her painting (because no one else would?) keeping that apartment while she lived elsewhere and using money that could have been saved. So confused.

I also can't see in 2019 something that shameful that would have to be hidden. Accidents happen, babies are born, these things are usually in the news or part of a family dynamic. How do you hide it?

From US magazine on someone leaving:

Also confirmed that even though Ashley (Christina Ocho) went to Spain, she’ll be back next season as well. Could it be Delilah (Stephanie Szostak)? Speaking about their relationship, Giuntoli only says that “some other people will end up finding out” that he’s the father of her unborn baby.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/will-katherine-die-on-a-million-little-things/

Edited by debraran
2 hours ago, debraran said:

Also confirmed that even though Ashley (Christina Ocho) went to Spain, she’ll be back next season as well. Could it be Delilah (Stephanie Szostak)? Speaking about their relationship, Giuntoli only says that “some other people will end up finding out” that he’s the father of her unborn baby.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/will-katherine-die-on-a-million-little-things/

Please don't get my hopes up!

But, no, it won't be Katherine.  Or, if it is, I will be absolutely shocked.  There are 3 actors who are bringing viewers to this show: David Giuntoli, James Roday, and Grace Park.  The show can't afford to lose any of them.  It's still in its first season and the rating went from not great to okay.  It's still too easy for viewers to jump ship, so they aren't going to get rid of one their draws (and Szostak is not a draw.)

I will be honest, I didn't read the article because these articles are pissing me off.  But, I noticed that Marissa Jaret Winkour (did I get that right?) is back as one of the guests next week and if it is a "death" (I can't remember if they said someone would be DEAD or someone would be GONE), it will probably be her.  Or, maybe it was Regina's uncle who, you know, we never met.  I'm sure Nash would think that was oh-so-clever.

The whole baby thing is really mystifying me because if that story didn't exist, it would make absolutely no difference to the storyline.  So why do we have it???

• Love 1

At this point I hope that it is Katherine or Delilah because it would be a clear indication of the direction the show is going and if I want to keep watching. I doubt it will be either of them. 

3 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I will be honest, I didn't read the article because these articles are pissing me off.  But, I noticed that Marissa Jaret Winkour (did I get that right?) is back as one of the guests next week and if it is a "death" (I can't remember if they said someone would be DEAD or someone would be GONE), it will probably be her.  Or, maybe it was Regina's uncle who, you know, we never met.  I'm sure Nash would think that was oh-so-clever

He said that we would say goodbye to someone who was mentioned in that interview. The ones mentioned were Rome, Gary, Eddie, Katherine, Delilah, Maggie, Jon, Ashley, Danny, Theo, Sophie and Barbara. 

The last episode is called Goodbye. He has also said that this season is about saying goodbye to Jon. 

28 minutes ago, Dani said:

At this point I hope that it is Katherine or Delilah because it would be a clear indication of the direction the show is going and if I want to keep watching. I doubt it will be either of them. 

He said that we would say goodbye to someone who was mentioned in that interview. The ones mentioned were Rome, Gary, Eddie, Katherine, Delilah, Maggie, Jon, Ashley, Danny, Theo, Sophie and Barbara. 

The last episode is called Goodbye. He has also said that this season is about saying goodbye to Jon. 

So, the person who will be dead by the end of the season is the guy who died in the first scene of the first episode of the season/series?  Wow, what a way to manufacture a build up!

5 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

So, the person who will be dead by the end of the season is the guy who died in the first scene of the first episode of the season/series?  Wow, what a way to manufacture a build up!

I'm watching for Jon.  I've gotten to the point I fast-forward to scenes he is in (which meant I didn't watch the last episode).  I know Ron Livingston has another gig where he's the lead on Loudermilk and can't film more than once a week, but they really need to work him into each episode, if only for a short scene.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I will be honest, I didn't read the article because these articles are pissing me off.  But, I noticed that Marissa Jaret Winkour (did I get that right?) is back as one of the guests next week and if it is a "death" (I can't remember if they said someone would be DEAD or someone would be GONE), it will probably be her. 

There are three episodes left that will include the 11 regular cast members plus Marissa Jaret Winkour, Chandler Riggs, Drea DeMatteo, Maggie’s mom, Rome’s brother, James Tupper, plus any guest stars who might be in the finale. 

There is no way the mystery is going to wrapped up well with so many different stories to deal with. 

When was the accident promo?

New challenges must be faced, including one they’re not prepared for,” the voiceover says in a sneak peek for the penultimate episode. Eddie (David Giuntoli) is seen driving toward an accident scene surrounded by ambulances. When the authorities tell him to stay back, he yells, “That’s my wife!”

Edit: Just saw it, but think it's to easy to write Katherine off this way. Too many things going on to really have any depth right now.

Edited by debraran
13 minutes ago, debraran said:

New challenges must be faced, including one they’re not prepared for,” the voiceover says in a sneak peek for the penultimate episode. Eddie (David Giuntoli) is seen driving toward an accident scene surrounded by ambulances. When the authorities tell him to stay back, he yells, “That’s my wife!”

The accident promo is for next week's episode.   (Is that what you were asking?)

Yes, I guess I missed it. I saw it on MLT website tonight. I'm more interested in the shot of Ms Nelson driving and looking upset. She looks so much like she should be on the Soprano's than this show, like she had a hard life and "tired".

Edited by debraran
17 minutes ago, debraran said:

Edit: Just saw it, but think it's to easy to write Katherine off this way. Too many things going on to really have any depth right now.

I think it has to be another misleading promo because Katherine is mentioned in the description for the second to last episode (plus everything shocking or interesting has been fake). 

5 hours ago, debraran said:

Yes, I guess I missed it. I saw it on MLT website tonight. I'm more interested in the shot of Ms Nelson driving and looking upset. She looks so much like she should be on the Soprano's than this show, like she had a hard life and "tired".

Who’s Ms Nelson?

4 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Who’s Ms Nelson?

Drea De Matteo's character from the most recent episode. The person living in Barbara Morgan's "old" apartment. Most likely Barbara Morgan herself.

The woman at the apartment/house when looking for Barbara.  That shot seems like she is driving somewhere and doesn't look happy.

Unless Nash has gotten bad feedback on his many "fake-outs" I don't expect them to stop. Many knew Jeri wasn't Barbara but many did think it. (he loved it)

If he is showing you an accident 3 shows ahead,  are we supposed  to really believe we see the death now? I'm in minority that Nelson woman isn't Barbara but that is because I know how easy it is to check for info, pictures, (look in Jon's albums, you know she's in there) The young man might be Jon's but why have a son and leave him and he has a forgotten son now. I can't believe Jon's character would leave a disabled son and no one would know about it but him and the Mom. 🙄

So I feel like Constance Zimmer said, it will be interesting and I quote " I know, I actually know who she is, so it's been fun to just kind of see people try and put pieces together and I don't know that they're going to be able to figure it out, to be honest."

She is good friends with Nash though, he probably told her what to say. On This is Us Fogleman didn't talk like Nash but even when fans guessed how Jack died, he still said No. You can't give it away like it's a game. I feel sometimes the writers think, "Hmmm, that one was actually better than ours. "😉

mlt.jpg

Edited by debraran
3 hours ago, debraran said:

The woman at the apartment/house when looking for Barbara.  That shot seems like she is driving somewhere and doesn't look happy.

Unless Nash has gotten bad feedback on his many "fake-outs" I don't expect them to stop. Many knew Jeri wasn't Barbara but many did think it. (he loved it)

If he is showing you an accident 3 shows ahead,  are we supposed  to really believe we see the death now? I'm in minority that Nelson woman isn't Barbara but that is because I know how easy it is to check for info, pictures, (look in Jon's albums, you know she's in there) The young man might be Jon's but why have a son and leave him and he has a forgotten son now. I can't believe Jon's character would leave a disabled son and no one would know about it but him and the Mom. 🙄

So I feel like Constance Zimmer said, it will be interesting and I quote " I know, I actually know who she is, so it's been fun to just kind of see people try and put pieces together and I don't know that they're going to be able to figure it out, to be honest."

She is good friends with Nash though, he probably told her what to say. On This is Us Fogleman didn't talk like Nash but even when fans guessed how Jack died, he still said No. You can't give it away like it's a game. I feel sometimes the writers think, "Hmmm, that one was actually better than ours. "😉

mlt.jpg

I'm still very much in the "I don't give a shit about Barbara Morgan" camp and I don't care if Mrs. Nelson is Barbara Morgan or not.  

That being said, I kind of love the ad on this picture...THAT would actually make me watch this!

• LOL 1

So, here is the press release for the season finale:

"goodbye" - With questions still lingering around Jon's death, his loved ones try to move on, each taking meaningful steps forward in their own lives. As most of them begin to accept that they may never get the explanation they desire, an unexpected member of the group decides to dig even further into the mystery behind Barbara Morgan on the season finale of "A Million Little Things," airing THURSDAY, FEB. 28 (9:01-10:00 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

So we STILL won't find out who Barbara Morgan is until the season finale? Also, an unexpected member of the group? Who would be unexpected? Sophie? We know it can't be Gary or Delilah, since they'd be the most obvious to look. 

We do know that Chandler Riggs is guest starring as PJ, some kid that meets Rome. So maybe it's Rome who is the unexpected member of the group. Maybe he's playing Barbara Morgan's son (and probably Jon's secret son, since this show goes for the cliches).

Nash did say it would be season finale, and I know people change, but the woman at the apartment, I just can't picture with Jon and she said his name in a way that seemed void of emotion. She did want it known that Ashley was by already.  Do they always have to have the husband sound like an abusive alcoholic or something like that. I know it was just a couple of sentences but he didn't sound nice.

So many clueless characters. I would kind of like if Sophie figures out how to do it, the younger one who has the most questions.

Has anyone seen the press release for 1.16 (the episode between this week's ep and the season finale?

The Rosary:

As her friends anxiously await the outcome of Maggie's surgery, an unexpected arrival from her mother leads to a tense first meeting with Gary.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9201422/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Sophie is in this one and PJ but not Nelson.

Just now, debraran said:

The Rosary:

As her friends anxiously await the outcome of Maggie's surgery, an unexpected arrival from her mother leads to a tense first meeting with Gary.

Sigh...that sounds, well, boring.  

Thanks for finding this, though.  I noticed on spoiler TV that they were missing it and they are usually pretty good about getting those out.

It definitely sounds like a filler show, the "drama" of Maggies surgery which will be fine (guess it shrunk quickly) and some boring interaction with Maggie's mom and Gary.  Well, maybe Sophie and PJ will meet or will have an interesting scene.

I notice Danny, Jon's son is not a regular on the cast list. Sophie is but not his son. Is that odd? It's not his age since young actor's have recurring roles but he's always "guest" in listed.

Sigh...that sounds, well, boring.  

Thanks for finding this, though.  I noticed on spoiler TV that they were missing it and they are usually pretty good about getting those out.

More photos :

https://images.spoilertv.com/A Million Little Things/Season 1/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 1.16 - The Rosary/

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, debraran said:

It definitely sounds like a filler show, the "drama" of Maggies surgery which will be fine (guess it shrunk quickly) and some boring interaction with Maggie's mom and Gary.  Well, maybe Sophie and PJ will meet or will have an interesting scene.

I notice Danny, Jon's son is not a regular on the cast list. Sophie is but not his son. Is that odd? It's not his age since young actor's have recurring roles but he's always "guest" in listed.

I think that the actor playing Theo is a regular.  If so, it has nothing to do with age.  I do know that the father of the actor playing Danny is--how should I put this?--an enthusiastic stage dad and has the kid in every role he can get him in, so it might be a scheduling thing.

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 1

I made the mistake to see what was going on over on the show's FB page and there is all this fretting that Katherine is the one who will die.  First of all, Nash has never said that someone is going to die--he has said that we will be saying goodbye to someone.  Then, the entire plot of the season finale is everyone says goodbye to Jon, so I think that particular mystery has been solved.  (That Nash, he's pretty subtle.  /sarcasm).

This is probably more speculation, but it involves some spoilers, so this is what I think will happen: Katherine and Theo are in the car accident in 1.15, both are injured but survive and Eddie realizes that he wants to have his marriage back.

Why do I think this?  Because this show can't afford to lose Grace Park and they desperately need to use her more.  The only sensical way to do that (and I know this show is not always big on making sense) is to pair her up again with Eddie.

I'm, well, meh on that.  I really don't want to see Eddie with anyone, at least not for a while.  I think the character has great potential, but I don't see that potential being used as long as he's romantically involved with anyone.  This guy needs to grow the fuck up and, honestly, that *could* be compelling TV...if they do it right.

That being said, if they have to pair him up with someone (because this is TV and no one is allowed to be single, apparently), I'd much rather it be Katherine--even if I think she deserves better--than the manipulative and narcissistic Delilah.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

This is probably more speculation, but it involves some spoilers, so this is what I think will happen: Katherine and Theo are in the car accident in 1.15, both are injured but survive and Eddie realizes that he wants to have his marriage back.

Isn't it romantic when your life has to be in danger for someone to realize they're still in love with you? /s

I'm with you. I'm team no one for Eddie for the foreseeable future so if this is the direction that the show is going to go in I really hope, but seriously doubt, that it's a slow burn. Like Katherine is having none of it and Eddie has to work for it. Eddie also comes clean about his baby because I swear if he tries to get back together with her while STILL keeping the secret. Ugh. And also some damn couples/family therapy.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Dusty said:

Isn't it romantic when your life has to be in danger for someone to realize they're still in love with you? /s

I'm with you. I'm team no one for Eddie for the foreseeable future so if this is the direction that the show is going to go in I really hope, but seriously doubt, that it's a slow burn. Like Katherine is having none of it and Eddie has to work for it. Eddie also comes clean about his baby because I swear if he tries to get back together with her while STILL keeping the secret. Ugh. And also some damn couples/family therapy.

If its Jon Nash meant, he should just be quiet. That's beyond stupid.

Re Eddie and Katherine, I'm not sure how I feel about it especially with the baby that makes no sense for any plot except to dislike Delilah more. I guess it's definite that it's Eddie's. No sex with Jon at all? I suppose Sophie finding out wouldn't be a problem if it was her dad's.

I don't think an accident they show you 2 episodes before is usually fatal. It's so setup to look that way. I know he's trying to be a little like This is Us, but the writing there as improved, I hope it does here also.

What do you mean saying goodbye to Jon, the funeral didn't do that? Is this something different?

4 hours ago, debraran said:

If its Jon Nash meant, he should just be quiet. That's beyond stupid.

Re Eddie and Katherine, I'm not sure how I feel about it especially with the baby that makes no sense for any plot except to dislike Delilah more. I guess it's definite that it's Eddie's. No sex with Jon at all? I suppose Sophie finding out wouldn't be a problem if it was her dad's.

I don't think an accident they show you 2 episodes before is usually fatal. It's so setup to look that way. I know he's trying to be a little like This is Us, but the writing there as improved, I hope it does here also.

What do you mean saying goodbye to Jon, the funeral didn't do that? Is this something different?

The press release for 1.17 (the season finale, called "goodbye," reads)

With questions still lingering around Jon’s death, his loved ones try to move on, each taking meaningful steps forward in their own lives. As most of them begin to accept that they may never get the explanation they desire, an unexpected member of the group decides to dig even further into the mystery behind Barbara Morgan on the season finale of “A Million Little Things,” airing THURSDAY, FEB. 28 (9:01-10:00 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand. 

The whole episode is about saying Goodbye to Jon (and I thought that Ron Livingston wasn't going to be back for season 2?).  It really doesn't make sense because, as you said, there was a funeral.  I could get it if people were still dealing with grief and crap, but we've actually not seen enough of that to warrant some big emotional catharsis months later.  I mean, the kids have grieved and Gary has grieved...and that's it.  And the kids sort of got closure with the fake suicide note and Gary is using his grief to become Boston's Pink Panther and sneak up on people.

I agree with you, Nash's statements have been beyond stupid.  This guy seriously needs a co-showrunner, if for no other reason than to press for him.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

The press release for 1.17 (the season finale, called "goodbye," reads)

The whole episode is about saying Goodbye to Jon (and I thought that Ron Livingston wasn't going to be back for season 2?).  It really doesn't make sense because, as you said, there was a funeral.  I could get it if people were still dealing with grief and crap, but we've actually not seen enough of that to warrant some big emotional catharsis months later.  I mean, the kids have grieved and Gary has grieved...and that's it.  And the kids sort of got closure with the fake suicide note and Gary is using his grief to become Boston's Pink Panther and sneak up on people.

I agree with you, Nash's statements have been beyond stupid.  This guy seriously needs a co-showrunner, if for no other reason than to press for him.

He’s like Trump, get  off Twitter😊

I don’t get it, they’ll never know even after Barbara is found? Does that leave room for some sluething by ??  My guess has been his daughter since the rest of them can’t seem to google or know where to look.  They don’t seem to work and she has school but still , I have faith in her . Lol.  Any ideas of your own?  

13 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I made the mistake to see what was going on over on the show's FB page and there is all this fretting that Katherine is the one who will die.  First of all, Nash has never said that someone is going to die--he has said that we will be saying goodbye to someone.  Then, the entire plot of the season finale is everyone says goodbye to Jon, so I think that particular mystery has been solved.  (That Nash, he's pretty subtle.  /sarcasm).

I think Nash may have made a big mistake by drawing out the mystery. He keeps throwing out these stories that get a lot of attention and then fizzle into nothing. He is running the real risk of losing a good chunk of the audience due to not delivering on his own hype. 

25 minutes ago, Dani said:

I think Nash may have made a big mistake by drawing out the mystery. He keeps throwing out these stories that get a lot of attention and then fizzle into nothing. He is running the real risk of losing a good chunk of the audience due to not delivering on his own hype. 

I agree.  I think this show worked best back in the early days when it was actually about the friendship between Rome, Gary, and Eddie.  Once they got away from that (which was the premise of the show), it started to lose its way.

I know that not everyone thinks this show is derivative of This is Us but I do think it is aware of TIU and it seems like Nash is trying to use the TIU playbook instead of inventing his own.  As long as he willingly remains in the shadow of another show, AMLT is never going to be the show that it could be.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Why do I think this?  Because this show can't afford to lose Grace Park and they desperately need to use her more.  The only sensical way to do that (and I know this show is not always big on making sense) is to pair her up again with Eddie.

I'm, well, meh on that.  I really don't want to see Eddie with anyone, at least not for a while.  I think the character has great potential, but I don't see that potential being used as long as he's romantically involved with anyone.  This guy needs to grow the fuck up and, honestly, that *could* be compelling TV...if they do it right.

That being said, if they have to pair him up with someone (because this is TV and no one is allowed to be single, apparently), I'd much rather it be Katherine--even if I think she deserves better--than the manipulative and narcissistic Delilah.

Check him out on Twitter. Everyone tweets at him about what a great job he is doing about getting the word out about suicide and how it affects families and friends.  REALLY?  What show are they watching?